Type keyword(s) to search

The View in the Media

maraleia
  • Start Topic

11 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

From Variety:

‘The View’ Tops Daytime Talk Show Ratings for 2021-2022 Season

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/the-view-ratings-2021-2022-1235342918/

So when a certain former host left last year, the ratings didn't tank (much to her chagrin, I'm sure).

I thought the same thing.  This must really stick in her craw.

The article also said all the current hosts are contracted through the 2024 election.  Wonder if Alyssa will play nice with the others during election season.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, KingCharlesIII said:

“The thing about Whoopi … is that she yields so much power in culture and television, and once she turns on you, it can create unfathomable tension at the table,” she {McCain} said in her 2021 audio memoir, “Bad Republican.”

“I found her open disdain for me more and more difficult to manage as the years went on, and it became more frequent. Occasionally, if the show’s political discourse veered into territory that she found disagreeable, Whoopi would cut me off, sometimes harshly.”

Whoopi rarely cut off Meghan and when she did it was because Meghan was spiraling.  She is never going to stop portraying herself as a victim.  

15 hours ago, KingCharlesIII said:

“We’ve always had disagreements and stuff, but this one was a little bit different,” Goldberg explained to us on Saturday. “I think [the show], it’s better. I feel it’s better, but I’m still tired!”

It's nice hearing someone tell the truth instead of the old "we are all such good friends" bullshit they always seem to do.

• Like 5
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1

Megan is being dragged on twitter for mocking somebody with a disability because he is not a part of her team.  The comments are harsh and they are calling her an ableist...lol 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Megan is being dragged on twitter for mocking somebody with a disability because he is not a part of her team.  The comments are harsh and they are calling her an ableist...lol 

Ooooh, I want to know more, but I can only look at her page for a minute and then a window comes up demanding that I sign in to Twitter-which I would, but I signed up for that account 13 years ago and I dont know the password or even what email I used then. I somehow got signed out and I cannot get back in. I guess I need to make a new account. Who did she mock?

7 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Ooooh, I want to know more, but I can only look at her page for a minute and then a window comes up demanding that I sign in to Twitter-which I would, but I signed up for that account 13 years ago and I dont know the password or even what email I used then. I somehow got signed out and I cannot get back in. I guess I need to make a new account. Who did she mock?

John Fetterman

they discussed this topic on the show but of course did not mention meghan's crappy tweet

• Like 2
3 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I would love to see that tweet. 

I found a screenshot-she must have deleted it. Damn! I wanted to see what people said.

https://www.trendsmap.com/twitter/tweet/1580267664588800000

If it was a Republican candidate she would be screaming about how dare someone criticize or question them in any way.

She is nothing but a partisan hack.  She will defend her party no matter what.  Even those  who criticized her father.

• Love 8
On 10/6/2022 at 2:25 PM, KingCharlesIII said:

“The thing about Whoopi … is that she yields so much power in culture and television, a

"Wields,", Megan...WIELDS  ~ verb (used with object) to exercise (power, authority, influence, etc.), as in ruling or dominating. To use (a weapon, instrument, etc.) effectively; handle or employ actively.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 2

I thought maybe this would've been posted already:

The skit was partly referencing Ted Cruz's visit and partly the Meghan Markle discussion where Whoopi shouted everybody down. I thought Ego Nwodim and Sarah Sherman were actually the best impersonations of Whoopi and Joy so far (by women, that is, lol). Leslie Jones was alright as Whoopi in the last one, but McKinnon didn't work as Joy to me. I think McKinnon is stronger at the reserved, stiff, somewhat awkward type where Joy is clearly an extrovert.

• Thanks 1
  • LOL 3

I thought it was a pretty weak sketch, hence probably why they put it at the end of the show.  The main premise was that Jack was hitting on Whoopi which made no sense.  

Well, at least Sunny must be thrilled she was finally on an SNL sketch.  She was always left out of the previous ones.

eta:  The rest of the show was great.  Loved seeing David Pumpkins again.

Edited by Gemma Violet
7 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

CNN is reporting Barbara Walters has died.

I just got an alert email from TVLine saying the same. 

Oops not enough time went by for my posts not to be merged.

Edited by Jaded
  • Sad 4

At least she hopefully had a peaceful end to her life. I know Joy and Barbara were always close friends, but I wonder how much Joy was able to keep in contact with her after she retired. It was sort of my understanding that Barbara left public life altogether, almost as if she didn't keep in contact with anyone after she retired.

Well, that will be the main topic when the show comes back. :(

• Like 4

Tuesday's show will be one to watch. First, all the issues with Whoopi and whether or not she will return. Now the passing of Barbara. Whatever happens, this will be an important moment for the show and its fans. 

Well done, Barbara. RIP.   👏 💜 🌹

• Like 6
  • Hugs 3

I read somewhere that all the View co-hosts have publicly commented on Barbara Walters' death except Whoopi.  (Not just social media, but responses to the press asking for statements.)  If the press asked Whoopi for a statement and she didn't give one, it's very strange.  One theory is that Whoopi may have been either fired, or maybe suspended again, and she's angry at the show.

• Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 1
On 12/31/2022 at 3:21 PM, falltime said:

“Our Barbara: A Special Edition of 20/20” will air in ABC tomorrow. 

“The View Honors Barbara Walters” will be on Hulu and ABC news live.

I had forgotten what an amazing journalist she was. I'm looking forward to tomorrow. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
On 12/31/2022 at 3:21 PM, falltime said:

“Our Barbara: A Special Edition of 20/20” will air in ABC tomorrow. 

“The View Honors Barbara Walters” will be on Hulu and ABC news live.

I just watched this on demand. Really enjoyed it, but seriously, Monica Lewinsky was “THE” interview that Barbara landed? Whatever. I suppose the one with Hillary wasn’t such a big deal.

But man oh man! They ran the clip of the exchange between Rosie and Chipmunk and cut away before it went to the split screen.

Some of the interviews were clearly taken from years ago-Whoopi’s hair was white for when she was filming that movie. And the five seconds of Joy was clearly from years ago.

Guess they felt they had to do a remembrance ASAP.

But man was Reasoner an ASS.

And now I wonder if that unscrupulous, lying piece of SHIT Bashir hadn’t tricked her, if Barbara could have landed the interview with Diana in 1995. And how much better it would have been.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 5

Regarding the above article, I only have one word: Why?

Who is she blowing to deserve this applause?  Is she another Tyra who has executive producer title? Because she acts as if it were HER show exclusively in the way she says things such as "I'LL let you talk later", etc...always about what she'll allow. GMAFB.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

If you watched the 20/20 special, or any documentary about live audience shows, then you know the producers or whatever they’re called, tell the audience to clap/applause and how much.

Plus, like it or not, there are people out there that love Whoopie. So this article is just a nothing burger.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

If you watched the 20/20 special, or any documentary about live audience shows, then you know the producers or whatever they’re called, tell the audience to clap/applause and how much.

Back in the 90s when I worked nights as a bartender/server, a bunch of us would go into the city and see The Rosie O'Donnell Show and The View.  There was always a pre-show comic who got the audience all riled up.  It was very fun and inexpensive day out in the city.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

I'm going to be honest and say that both Rosie and Meghan do have one thing in common....lack of self awareness.

If going by what was shown on air...both Rosie and Meghan seem to want to be in charge and control.  So if anyone dares go against that...both probably will assume they're blameless

Now take both of these alphas and sit them at a table with 4 to 5 other people..and I'm sure it became quite stressful for all involved.

Edited by JAYJAY1979
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Now take both of these alphas and sit them at a table with 4 to 5 other people..and I'm sure it became quite stressful for all involved.

I'm stressing just thinking about it.

• LOL 4
7 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I know Rosie has a strong personality, but I don’t remember her ever being  toxic like Megan. 

Yup. Even when she and Whoopi got into the argument about racism, Rosie was nothing but respectful. It was shortly after that episode that Rosie said she was leaving again.

Because stoopid me thought Whoopi was professional enough not to mind having Rosie back. But nooooo. She couldn't handle it, so out went Rosie.

• Like 7