Type keyword(s) to search

2018 Season 13: Current Squad & Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

10 hours ago, knockknock said:

Hi guys!! Long time lurker first time poster-I think that’s Kashara. As much as I LOVE her, if it’s her, her kicks are pretty pathetic. Also a few things as a first time poster:

1. Lacey for Pro Bowl!

2. There will be no better point than Kashara for next year

3. As a trained dancer, people like Gina drive me crazy. You’re a team, dance like you’re on one and don’t show off. She’s too much of a try-hard.

4. If Khalyn doesn’t retire, I’d love to see her at point with Gina, even though I’m not a fan, and Kelli at either side. 

5. LOVE Cianna!

6. Alexis is easily the prettiest girl on the squad it actually makes me angry lol

7. Erin is the definition of dedication.

8. So glad MTT is over. I could not stand she who should not be named. My mom actually cheered when she was cut!

9. I actually really like the light up costumes 

And one last thing...

10. BRIDGET FOR POINT

Welcome!  Agreed x10-4. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, go4luca said:

Maybe it’s just me but not seeing the Holly in Bridget at all.

Oh and I’ll take Kash’s facials over Gina’s any day. 

Agree. Agree. Agree. 

• Love 5

I went to the game last night! So much fun and I feel like I got a good scoop on the girls FWIW lol

Amber - messed up so much/seemed like she didn't know what she was doing during most of the sideline dances during the game

Maddie - I really don't think she is as thick as we have seen in pictures. Some people just photograph badly and I think she is one of them. She looked great and had tons of energy

Kashara - now she looks thicker than Maddie when she's dancing...doesn't look bad, just looks like she enjoys her life

Jessika - I was really surprised when they kept putting her on the screen. She was fun to watch and really pretty. Finally grabbed my attention for the first time

Brennan - so amazing to watch her out there! I only saw her once on the screen, but she had the highest kicks out of anyone that night in my opinion!

Jinelle - why is she still dancing?...danced the entire game but couldn't figure out who she was filling in for. Just seems off putting to me that she is basically on the team with more all-star duties than the others, without having to audition. Cool for her though...

Yuko - bless her heart...She is super cute but I don't see the DCC appeal. She did mess up one time that I saw while they had her on the screen but she recovered well and kept smiling

Kelli - I do like her, but I am wondering if she gets botox or some kind of cheek fillers...her face is so harsh. Nothing about her is soft or feminine

Those were just people and things that stood out to me. The game was awesome and overall they all looked so great!

• Love 22
14 hours ago, go4luca said:

ETA:  Wait - Just saw Khalyn dancing in their pre-game rehearsal of Thunderstruck.

Maybe she injured herself during rehearsal?

11 hours ago, 8dallas said:

I mean you cant deny she looks like she is related to Holly here though

I don't see it.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, ShellyB said:

The next least tenured is on her 4th contract.

Do you mean with that particular ship, or with RCCL?  If Dayton likes it & auditions next year and makes it, would she automatically be put on the same ship?  Or do they rotate?

12 minutes ago, karendlt said:

Brennan - so amazing to watch her out there! I only saw her once on the screen, but she had the highest kicks out of anyone that night in my opinion!

NICE!!!

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Maybe she injured herself during rehearsal?

I don't see it.

Could be (re: Khalyn), because later, in the posted videos, you see Jinelle in Khalyn's spot during the side line dances.  Or perhaps they were aware Khalyn was pushing it with an injury so brought Jinelle to cover and later needed her.

On 11/28/2018 at 2:36 PM, go4luca said:

So I guess the LED lights on the boots were added at some point?  Then I think taken away (someone posted here) since they weren't working properly?

DCC Christmas Outfit V3.jpg

Did they steal this idea from The Rockettes?  They did a dance number for years with the blinking lights.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Yes, I see who you are talking about. Not sure who that is though. Looks like maybe Maddie is next to her?

It's KaShara....not sure why her kicks were so low ...that's not normal for her.

4 hours ago, Synspice said:

Wow!  So, the lady at point has bad kicks.  It's funny because I've watched the show from the very beginning and listened to Judy and Kelli scream about kicks every season.  I always felt like they went overboard with it.  But, It was so interesting how those low kicks really stood out to me among the other ones.

The people who watch her dance on a daily basis know this is not the norm for her.  Her kicks are normally fine...Maybe something happened to her during the performance and she had to just get through it the best way she could.  

• Love 4

In one of the sideline videos on DCC insta stories I saw that Jinelle was dancing in group 2 and it appeared that Khalyn and ERIN was missing.  I'm wondering if Jinelle was filling in for Erin and everyone is assuming it is for Khalyn.  Although Jinelle was dancing in Khalyns spot.  

59 minutes ago, veronicamers said:

What a lovely, genuine person. She's a real asset to the team.

I hope she sticks around for a few years :) I think she is a great ambassador for the team!!

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

While I get filling in during thunderstruck, I think this is the first time ever an all star is dancing the whole game. Isn’t it weird?

Jinelle is a rock star. #reinstatejinelle

5 hours ago, Harrythecat said:

Maybe thIs has been discussed but why is Jinelle not only doing the opening she is also on the sideline for every game dancing.  The Japanese DCc, sorry can’t remember her name is back?

Yuko

• Love 3

I do think jessika is very pretty in a more classic and approachable way than say Lexi, who has that blonde bombshell going on. Jessika always looks better in pictures compared to the snips we’ve seen on the show, IMO. I think that’s how she ended up in the calendar first time out. I can’t remember seeing her on the screen at the games I’ve attended, but I imagine much the same. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, karendlt said:

I went to the game last night! So much fun and I feel like I got a good scoop on the girls FWIW lol

Amber - messed up so much/seemed like she didn't know what she was doing during most of the sideline dances during the game

Maddie - I really don't think she is as thick as we have seen in pictures. Some people just photograph badly and I think she is one of them. She looked great and had tons of energy

Kashara - now she looks thicker than Maddie when she's dancing...doesn't look bad, just looks like she enjoys her life

Jessika - I was really surprised when they kept putting her on the screen. She was fun to watch and really pretty. Finally grabbed my attention for the first time

Jinelle - why is she still dancing?...danced the entire game but couldn't figure out who she was filling in for. Just seems off putting to me that she is basically on the team with more all-star duties than the others, without having to audition. Cool for her though...

Yuko - bless her heart...She is super cute but I don't see the DCC appeal. She did mess up one time that I saw while they had her on the screen but she recovered well and kept smiling

Kelli - I do like her, but I am wondering if she gets botox or some kind of cheek fillers...her face is so harsh. Nothing about her is soft or feminine

Those were just people and things that stood out to me. The game was awesome and overall they all looked so great!

Re Jinelle -They begged Jinelle to not retire and hired her as staff. I have no doubt she would have flown through the auditions. They are lucky to have her know all the dances plus thunderstruck and be there to fill in.

ive always wondered why they don’t have two alternates but I guess the all stars fill that role.

re Brennan- that’s great to hear. I hope she is having the time of her life.

2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Nice article about Briana: http://www.5pointsblue.com/why-this-dcc-especially-loves-salute-to-service-month/

Also, I feel like Tess has stepped it up a bit this year. I’ve never really noticed her for anything other than being tall, but she’s actually grabbed my attention a few times in the videos. 

Thanks for posting this. A really good sincere article. Also, I want to shout out Kristi for being such a passionate judge at auditions. She’s one of my favorites.

Edited by rose711
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, JerseyGirl said:

Did they steal this idea from The Rockettes?  They did a dance number for years with the blinking lights.

I didn't like the costumes with the LED lights; they reminded me of (and I am REALLY dating myself here) an early 80s movie called TRON where the guy got trapped in a video game.

Jessika.... is she the one who was roommates with a really cute girl with long, curly hair who tried out a couple of times and never made it?  If so, I wonder if they're still friends?

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Pink-n-Green said:

I didn't like the costumes with the LED lights; they reminded me of (and I am REALLY dating myself here) an early 80s movie called TRON where the guy got trapped in a video game.

Jessika.... is she the one who was roommates with a really cute girl with long, curly hair who tried out a couple of times and never made it?  If so, I wonder if they're still friends?

I love Bruce Boxleitner!!!

Are you talking about Kendall?  Used to see posts with Jessica, Kendall and former DCC Mandy, but Mandy is back on the West Coast, and I haven't seen Kendall for awhile.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

Stop trying to make 'fetch' happen, it's NOT going to happen! 

Girl/Boy, I just said I dont care if you see it boo...I do thats all that matters. Muah

Edited by 8dallas
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, ByTor said:

Do you mean with that particular ship, or with RCCL?  If Dayton likes it & auditions next year and makes it, would she automatically be put on the same ship?  Or do they rotate?

NICE!!!

On her ship...their dance captain has been doing this for 5 years. The dancers can request ships/shows, but are ultimately placed where they fit best. She’s had excellent feedback from the head casting director and her ship director, so she’s hoping to do a musical next. 

1 hour ago, TexasBorn said:

@ShellyB - Who did Jinelle replace and is it unusual for All Stars to also dance sidelines?

She filled in for Daphne at Thanksgiving...flu like symptoms and Khalyn for this past week....work conflict. She’s doing sideline so groups don’t have to change formations. 

• Love 18
14 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

On her ship...their dance captain has been doing this for 5 years. The dancers can request ships/shows, but are ultimately placed where they fit best. She’s had excellent feedback from the head casting director and her ship director, so she’s hoping to do a musical next. 

She filled in for Daphne at Thanksgiving...flu like symptoms and Khalyn for this past week....work conflict. She’s doing sideline so groups don’t have to change formations. 

Nice. Thank you.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, 8dallas said:

I honestly, couldnt care if anyone sees it. I do and Ive met both, so theres that.

images.jpg

classic_bridge.jpg

The bottom photo looks like her boob is falling out. I know it’s an odd shadow but it looks weird to me.

3 hours ago, JerseyGirl said:

Brennan and Lexi look good in the video. If you swipe left. 

“The hair flip. We are not worthy”  I love this guy’s enthusiasm. 

• Love 6

Can someone help me not be irrationally angry when the only videos posted by everyones least-favorite, and thankfully cut, TCC are lyrical!?! Girl, I only want to see prep classes and hip hop from you from here on out, or GTFO!! 

• Love 9
48 minutes ago, 8dallas said:

I honeslty hope Lexi tryout again, she is my favorite right now! she is moving into my 36 fav ever hahah honestly that girl is life

If I was a betting man, I’d bet that was next year’s point!

(but I also guessed this year’s triangle would be Maggie Robin and Lacey, so that’s why I don’t gamble!)

• Love 9
7 hours ago, WinkyFace said:

Can someone help me not be irrationally angry when the only videos posted by everyones least-favorite, and thankfully cut, TCC are lyrical!?! Girl, I only want to see prep classes and hip hop from you from here on out, or GTFO!! 

I'll tell you what @WinkyFace, I'll help you get over that irrational anger if you help me get over irrational anger every time I see a certain someone at point :)

• Love 2
On 11/30/2018 at 6:33 AM, 8dallas said:

Charlotte is actually pretty intelligent, yes she had money. The lady knows her stuff. She is the gears and the oil

Gina, isnt everyones cup of tea. However, she actually is the one to watch she makes everyone look like robots. She brings lifffffeeee to her dance. She loves what she does. The other girls could take that in and give us more. not the same old facial expressions "kashara".

Gina makes the rest look like robots? She looks like a robot to me. Kashara may not be the most technical dancer but she sure as hell isn’t robotic or boring.

18 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

Gina is hiding in the Win Win Win clip. She heard the critiques ...

I saw that too! She was still doing her own thing vs. Kashara was eating and wasn’t even properly dancing and yet she fired everyone up the moment she came in.

18 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

In one of the sideline videos on DCC insta stories I saw that Jinelle was dancing in group 2 and it appeared that Khalyn and ERIN was missing.  I'm wondering if Jinelle was filling in for Erin and everyone is assuming it is for Khalyn.  Although Jinelle was dancing in Khalyns spot.  

It would make sense then to have one person fill in if they are 2 girls down.

8 hours ago, WinkyFace said:

That’s the only things she’s semi decent in, so she will stick to that. I’m trying to ignore her until she inevitably comes back.

1 hour ago, pizzaandcatsrlife said:

Khalyn had a work conflict?  Doesn’t the almighty DCC come first and foremost?  I thought only sickness and death were viable excuses.  Hmmm

I think that’s the first time ever I’ve heard anyone being excused for anything other than sickness/injury. The fact that they demoted Heather and made Khalyn 2GL when she’s allowed to miss performances or Heather is subbing for her in an even for GL/2GLs only is infuriating. Nothing against Khalyn, but this is unfair.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, 8dallas said:

I honeslty hope Lexi tryout again, she is my favorite right now! she is moving into my 36 fav ever hahah honestly that girl is life

I hope Lexi tries out again too.  She has the complete look and her dancing has continued to grow stronger.  She's a lot of fun to watch & I wouldn't mind seeing her make the triangle.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Gina makes the rest look like robots? She looks like a robot to me. Kashara may not be the most technical dancer but she sure as hell isn’t robotic or boring.

I saw that too! She was still doing her own thing vs. Kashara was eating and wasn’t even properly dancing and yet she fired everyone up the moment she came in.

It would make sense then to have one person fill in if they are 2 girls down.

That’s the only things she’s semi decent in, so she will stick to that. I’m trying to ignore her until she inevitably comes back.

I think that’s the first time ever I’ve heard anyone being excused for anything other than sickness/injury. The fact that they demoted Heather and made Khalyn 2GL when she’s allowed to miss performances or Heather is subbing for her in an even for GL/2GLs only is infuriating. Nothing against Khalyn, but this is unfair.

Khalyn is a better dancer, you know K&J have favs. Also, last year heather did not so nice as 2GL not her fault though

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, 8dallas said:

Khalyn is a better dancer, you know K&J have favs. Also, last year heather did not so nice as 2GL not her fault though

Do you have any more insight? I don’t get what happened with Heather because if she did something really wrong, then they wouldn’t let her stay in a prominent position and fill in for Khalyn, yet if it was just that she took on too much responsibility, then why would they take away her position instead of giving her a chance to do better?

• Love 4
On 11/30/2018 at 12:09 AM, ShellyB said:

Not completely true. Explorer is one of the most sought after ships because of its destinations. It is also one of the few that have original shows to RCCL. Dayton and one other male are the only two “rookies” in their cast. The next least tenured is on her 4th contract. Not all of the dancers in her cast are singing. They are all moving their mouths, she and two others are mic’d. They had no idea if she could carry a tune until she arrived for training, as she auditioned as a dancer in July. As for her “lead” position...no one said she was the star, that’s how her contract has her billed. She has a couple solo sections and a duo while the male singers are performing. I was quite impressed with the talent and choreo when I went and watched rehearsal two weeks ago. 

Oh wow, I didn't realize the Explorer got switched to the South Pacific. Speaks to her talent that they have her there on her first contract. And definitely wasn't trying to diminish her at all saying she wasn't the "star," just trying to set expectations for anyone who got to see her. Of course, I was thinking the Explorer was still out of New Jersey, thus a little more likely people here would. For her to get a lead spot for an RC ship in the South Pacific on her first contract is extremely impressive.

And I should have mentioned originally, but as cruise lines go, Royal Caribbean is one of the tougher ones to get a contract on as a dancer. Have multiple friends who worked multiple contracts for several lines and never made it further than call backs for RC. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Do you have any more insight? I don’t get what happened with Heather because if she did something really wrong, then they wouldn’t let her stay in a prominent position and fill in for Khalyn, yet if it was just that she took on too much responsibility, then why would they take away her position instead of giving her a chance to do better?

If you go based off, performance she was not a good leader as in timing and dances. Watching her at games it was hard to watch...she was lost. She was unprepared also in the sense of leading her group. They gave her a whole season to step-up and she just never did, it made Kashara's group the weakest last season IMO. On another note though, with the whole Erica debacle she was forced into a position and didnt bring it.that is not a pun I promise). I think other girls just stepped up! I mean Tess is a leader this season, it was a wild last season. I do believe though had it been Maggie with the hiccup whom I love!! They would have given her another chance if she was still here. I mean it is weird that Maggie is gone too I expect atleast 3 years. K&J are very obvious with who they give chances too and who they dont. I hope Khalyn doesn't lose her spot..I mean that would be gross and she is amazing

Also, look how Tobie never got a Group Main Leader pos..even though she was a standout her whole 5 years..yes she did some naughty things but I mean she who will not be named became a leader her 4th/5th year while being outdanced/outmatured....

Edited by 8dallas
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

Has anyone been following Kalyssa's Instagram, wow I'm not one to shame, but she seems so trashy to me now. I mean she seems like she is headed on a path to porn. I'm sorry if this is off topic, but I just needed to say it. 

Yes, that trashy pic in the clear plastic dress, what was that? Ugh. Some guy commented on it that she looked like she was on drugs, and I can't say I disagree 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

Has anyone been following Kalyssa's Instagram, wow I'm not one to shame, but she seems so trashy to me now. I mean she seems like she is headed on a path to porn. I'm sorry if this is off topic, but I just needed to say it. 

Yeah I’m not one to judge people and I’m totally for women loving their bodies, but my God she really left DCC for this? I know DCC shouldn’t be anyone’s ultimate goal but girl c’mon. I can’t even open my Instagram in public now in fear one of her posts will pop up lol. 

• Love 9