Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 10/22/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, buffynut said:

No wonder Joy's shaken.  She's one of the "other side's" most hated people. So she's probably fearful that a bomb will be sent to her, or ABC.

I had that same exact thought....it's such a shame!  

• Love 17
7 hours ago, Haleth said:

Thanks to you all holding down the fort while I'm OOT. I actually saw comments posted equating the McConnell situation to the bombs, even before the show aired, so I'm wondering if this is a Rep or Fox talking point?  Maybe MM was instructed to use the McConnell thing as a rebuttal. And now she's the victim (not the bomb recipients) because she was called out for the false equivalency.  Poor Meggie.

Gee, I've slept with less than 500 people too.  It reminds me of the political ad saying our senator made up to $80,000 from the family's business in Mexico.  Which could mean $0 but it makes a good bad headline.

The McConnell equivalency to this wide act of terrorism is repugnant thinking, but I do think MM was instructed. 

And, you must be from Indiana, too.

• Love 6

Joy didn't look amused here. While watching it, it felt awkward too. Joy was trying to explain something and Sunny and Meghan just talk over her about something else even though they were discussing a serious topic. Her face says it all. I think Meghan is trying to be less combative and while I think she did a better job with the bridesmaid fattening up topic, I do think it was a bit much here.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Former Nun said:

It's embarrasing for her to discuss the topic unless she explains how LUCKY she has always been, is, and will be for life everlasting, AMEN!

Most people who are fired from a job have a number one concern, and that is money. Meghan and Whoopi would have no money worries, so it's pretty shallow to spout out that they would be just fine if they lost their jobs.  Abby had some empathy in her comment that at least she had her spouse who had a job, but many people do not.( It helps that Abby's grandfather was a billionaire too.) I don't see any empathy ever coming from Meghan McCain. She is totally self absorbed.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 20
(edited)
11 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Man I miss being able to hear this. YouTube has muted the audio on all these clips!????

The sound on the clip that GIF is from works fine for me. 

I'm thinking of watching today's episode to see what Joy said. Still not sure if I want to let RBM torture my eyes and ears.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Hopefully there'll be a second Meghan leaving daytime at the end of this TV season....

I don't wish for anyone to be fired from their job, even MM, but I most likely would start watching again, if she was gone.

8 hours ago, Jaded said:

I'm thinking of watching today's episode to see what Joy said. Still not sure if I want to let RBM torture my eyes and ears.

I've watched a few YouTube clips lately, always muted, and though my ears were protected, my eyes were tortured just watching MM.  Her facial expressions and animated movements drive me crazy!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Orillia said:

She could always become one of the Real Housewives.

Or go on tour with Erika Jayne.  This Housewives/cunty angle seems to be her wheelhouse & happy place, so go and be happy.  Or just go. 

Edited by Cementhead
Changed c*nty to cunty because Tosia and blondiec0332 went all in, so I shall, too!
  • Love 16
20 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Or go on tour with Erika Jayne.  This Housewives/c*nty angle seems to be her wheelhouse & happy place, so go and be happy.  Or just go. 

Yes, I'm sure her dad (and family) would be proud of Cunty 2.0.  

• Love 16
5 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

The tv station CTV in Canada interrupted the show at 11:04; right when Joy started talking about her phone call with Michael Avenatti and proceeded to play endless commercials until the show returned at 11:13.  Wtf!!

Part of The View today was interrupted by ABC News to announce that a suspect in the mail bombs was taken into custody. 

• Love 5

Honest to God, what is going on with this show today?  There has been about 20 minutes of show and it's 11:55, and, they're selling more View Your Deals.  More ads!

Anyone who tapes this to watch later, this is one to skip.  Tiffany Haddish wasn't even that good.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Poohbear617 said:

2) later said "I can teach a 1 hour seminar on  reblican,  conservative, tea party or trumper."  But the big question is....can you do it without your blue cards?

Next question is:  would anyone attend?

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 16
42 minutes ago, Wings said:

Tiffany is a beautiful woman and looks smashing today!  I adore this short hair style. and her clothes dazzle me.  She can be very tiring though.  

Let me fix that for you......she is VERY tiring though.  She was on Colbert or something saying that she wants to make 50 movies before she's 50 and she doesn't' care how good they are.  I think she's in two right now.  I'm over her just by seeing her in commercials, she should look at the clock - shes at 14 minutes and 45 seconds....

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Let me fix that for you......she is VERY tiring though.  She was on Colbert or something saying that she wants to make 50 movies before she's 50 and she doesn't' care how good they are.  I think she's in two right now.  I'm over her just by seeing her in commercials, she should look at the clock - shes at 14 minutes and 45 seconds....

Yes, I agree.  I was exercising my kinder self.  She is frenetic and over the top annoying. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

I'm an so pissed at her behavior towards Joy this morning. She was talking over her and Whoopi screamed to stop and Joy was given to go to finish and that little bitch kept talking over her.   May I add what she was not making sense? So Whoopi said shall we go to break because MM wouldn't shut up and then they had to break to say the bomber was found. 

Why do they always cut just when it's getting good ?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

I'm an so pissed at her behavior towards Joy this morning. She was talking over her and Whoopi screamed to stop and Joy was given to go to finish and that little bitch kept talking over her.   May I add what she was not making sense? So Whoopi said shall we go to break because MM wouldn't shut up and then they had to break to say the bomber was found. 

When they came back they talk about republicans feeling persecuted at work. Going for my blood pressure medications. 

did this happen again today, or are you referring to Thursday's show.  It must be today, because you mention the bomber.  MM has been out of control lately....gurl needs a time out.  She did the same thing to Joy yesterday.  I know she doesn't it a lot, but, she's getting more blatant and rude with her interruptions.  Can't mommy's money buy MM her own TV show somewhere?  

• Love 17
15 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

did this happen again today, or are you referring to Thursday's show.  It must be today, because you mention the bomber.  MM has been out of control lately....gurl needs a time out.  She did the same thing to Joy yesterday.  I know she doesn't it a lot, but, she's getting more blatant and rude with her interruptions.  Can't mommy's money buy MM her own TV show somewhere?  

I hear NBC has an opening.....hint, hint LOL

I know MM pissed me off bigly today.  Bitch just wouldnt shut it

• Love 14
12 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Todays show.  I usually watch on DVR but watched in real time and couldn't believe the child like behavior. When Whoopi screamed to stop Joy looked taken back because it needed to be directed to MM.  ( she was looking/facing MM but Joy got included in the outradge)  She then gave Joy the floor to speak and MM continued to ramble so you can't hear anyone. Then Whoopi out of desperation said do we take a break?  Mostly because MM touch chick was not going to STFU. . In that instant the announcement of the arrest of the bomber happened. 

When they came back they discussed  the trauma and torment of Republicans in the work place. 

I don't really tweet but have an account and told her she wasn't a tough  chick just rude... Or something like that. 

It is just  plain  bad manners and even when they are not on a heated subject she continually rambles and steam rolls over everyone.  You really can't make out what is being said. 

PS. I feel again I need to apologize for my crap posts I have an antique iPad mini that continually goes black and I have to reload. I can't afford to replace it right now. So I often  hit send without editing. Hope that mention is ok 

• Love 24

Yes, Joy was getting very frustrated.  She was trying to relate what Michael Avenatti said to her on the phone just prior to the show.  Both Abby and Meggie jumped in, and Joy was exasperated and said to let her finish.  Abby shut up immediately but Meggie just shriek-rambled on, madly sipping on her cup of bourbon

Doesn't she get that no one can even understand what she is saying?  It doesn't even get caught on cc.  Whoopi even told her that she couldn't understand what was being said.

She is such an unlikable person.  I think she has many screws loose.

I thought they might talk about Megyn Kelly today, but nope.

• Love 24
1 hour ago, Wings said:

Tiffany is a beautiful woman and looks smashing today!  I adore this short hair style. and her clothes dazzle me.  She can be very tiring though.

She was a joy today. All beautiful and happy.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Wings said:

She can be very tiring though.  

Apparently that's why she gets so many jobs.  I can't take it.   She's obviously very talented, but I have to look past too much gibberish to get it.

9 minutes ago, bannana said:

Whoopi even told her that she couldn't understand what was being said.

BUT...because Meghan is her "babe," Whoopi actually shut everyone down...not just Meghan.  Why don't THE POWERS THAT BE just give Meghan her own show and release us from our chains?

She could sit at a desk and wouldn't have to be humiliated by walking out and having all of us critique her wardrobe.  She could invite "friends" that wouldn't cause her to SCREECH to make her point.   C'mon, ABC, consider it.

• Love 14

I think it took a looooong time for Tiffany to "catch on" so she's really excited to have finally been recognized for her work.  I watched her HBO special & thought she was hilarious ... tremendous mimic.  Yes, she's frenetic, but I think is just pure exuberance!!!  (Her life story is heart-breaking!!)

• Love 12

They really should give Meghan her own show during Megan Kelly's slot.  It would solve so many problems.  Megan Kelly was boring as hell, so, the bar is already set low, and, it's earlier in the morning so it's really easy to miss.

I generally like Tiffany Haddish, but, I'm thinking she might be getting overexposed because she's beginning to get on my nerves.  Plus, she told the same dating jokes on Jimmy Fallon last night.  It was sweet how thrilled she was to work with Whoopie, though.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

When they came back they talk about republicans feeling persecuted at work. Going for my blood pressure medications. 

Joy clearly has no shits left to give.  When MM kept interrupting her, she basically said, "Why should I bother?"

• Love 20
28 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I think it took a looooong time for Tiffany to "catch on" so she's really excited to have finally been recognized for her work.  I watched her HBO special & thought she was hilarious ... tremendous mimic.  Yes, she's frenetic, but I think is just pure exuberance!!!  (Her life story is heart-breaking!!)

In general, comics usually come from heartbreaking situations and have used laughter to cope with pain.

I love Tiffany Haddish, she is enjoying her success. 

• Love 12