Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 10/22/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

35 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

You mean like 499?

NO, I mean what I said.  I didn't say 499 wasn't a lot. what I said was   that Less than 500 isn't NECESSARILY a lot.   Meaning it COULD be a lot, or it could be much less than a lot.  If you see the interview, you can see that it was all joking around: 

Mayer slept with less than 500 women

"blink if you've slept with more than 800 women"  he doesn't blink.   "Blink if you've slept with more than 500". He doesn't blink.  then he jokes that his number is "sub-500."   To interpret that as a certain number doesn't make sense.  the question was whether it was over or under 500, and his answer was under.  

Edited by backformore
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

She either is trying to play off semantics or she's too stupid to realize how poorly timed, irrelevant and unnecessary her comment was. She consistently makes comments that are far off the context of the topic they are discussing and whether she intended to make the comparison or not, she needs to be held accountable for it because the assumption should always be that your points can be traced back to the original story and lend credence to the topic. How are you getting paid to be a panel member talking about news stories and you don't know how to keep your opinions and points relevant to the overarching story? When the conversation is about bomb threats and Sunny talks about the fish stinking from its head, her opinion is providing the context that the rhetoric from the White House is inspiring this type of behaviour because they have framed these very targets as 'enemies' and it seems unlikely that the threats and targets were merely coincidence. Is it relevant to the topic of bomb threats? Yes, it very much is because it reasons why this is happening. When Joy says that no one in the party is stepping up and speaking and asking where is Mitch MccConnell, she's providing the context that these things are happening because people within the administration are being silent in public which is enabling behaviour. People aren't seeing that dangerous rhetoric being intercepted by important and high ranking Republicans. It is relevant to the topic? Yes, it very much is. Meghan's response very much read as a comparison even though it wasn't semantically framed that way, but I don't even care about that - what I would call her out on is that her response was such an insult to the gravity of the situation. She knew damn well why Joy was calling for McConnell and instead of acknowledging that he should step up and say something or defend what he may have said to date, she throws out this ridiculous, irrelevant comment that reads so dismissively that it just made it seem like she was making a mockery of a very horrifying headline. 

Edit: Case in point - is her NYC reference supposed to be a riddle? How does it make real sense in the context of the rest of that tweet? It doesn't. Should I guess that it's an inference that because she's associated to NYC that she of all people wouldn't take a bomb threat lightly? See, I"m left guessing what she could mean because she ain't bright enough to express her thoughts in a thoughtful and coherent manner. 

^^^^  x 1000  ^^^^  Exactly!!!

• Love 8
3 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

She either is trying to play off semantics or she's too stupid to realize how poorly timed, irrelevant and unnecessary her comment was.

Because she doesn't listen!  She's just preparing to jump in, interrupt with her screeching because that's her J-O-B!  Just ask Aunt Whoopi.  Fabulous post, RHJunkie!  I also give x1000 !!!

• Love 10
4 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

Isn't it funny how Meghan so adamantly and vociferously asserted that she had no interest in what was going on in John Mayer's bedroom, while at the same time reflexively defending a party that adamantly and vociferously tries to legislate (and demonize) bedroom behavior between two consenting adults, or what a woman can and cannot do as a result of sexual acts that result in a pregnancy?

And remember when her "good friend" Charlotte's father Mike Pence shut down a Planned Parenthood clinic that didn't even perform abortions, but did do HIV testing and needle exchanges, which resulted in 250 people contracting HIV and the Feds had to come in and try to stem the largest localized HIV outbreak in this country in years?

How does she reconcile these two things? So proud of herself for not judging John Mayer, but how dare Jane Doe from Indiana try to get an abortion. Supports a party that demonizes her "good friend" Clay Aiken for wanting to marry and adopt children and get healthcare for his husband, and maybe even have a bakery come up with a wedding cake.

She's so defensive and inconsistent that she gives me a headache.

Unfortunately, I think this is true for way too many people who call themselves Conservative Republicans.  A former coworker was very anti-choice until her daughter started having sex (with more than one guy) and then all the sudden she was saying, "if daughter gets pregnant she WILL have an abortion."  Luckily daughter never did get pregnant, but the hypocrisy of her choices just made me shake my head.  This was a little over 10 years ago and I think it's gotten worse.  

I wonder if Meghan wasn't on TV - or in a political family - if she would be more in the middle-of-the-road like a lot of Americans.  What she says and what she does seems so contradictory. 

• Love 16
10 hours ago, backformore said:

NO, I mean what I said.  I didn't say 499 wasn't a lot. what I said was   that Less than 500 isn't NECESSARILY a lot.   Meaning it COULD be a lot, or it could be much less than a lot.  If you see the interview, you can see that it was all joking around: 

Mayer slept with less than 500 women

"blink if you've slept with more than 800 women"  he doesn't blink.   "Blink if you've slept with more than 500". He doesn't blink.  then he jokes that his number is "sub-500."   To interpret that as a certain number doesn't make sense.  the question was whether it was over or under 500, and his answer was under.  

The 499 comment was just a joke....

• Love 6

Thanks to you all holding down the fort while I'm OOT. I actually saw comments posted equating the McConnell situation to the bombs, even before the show aired, so I'm wondering if this is a Rep or Fox talking point?  Maybe MM was instructed to use the McConnell thing as a rebuttal. And now she's the victim (not the bomb recipients) because she was called out for the false equivalency.  Poor Meggie.

Gee, I've slept with less than 500 people too.  It reminds me of the political ad saying our senator made up to $80,000 from the family's business in Mexico.  Which could mean $0 but it makes a good bad headline.

• Love 10

Good Lord, that McCain woman is dumb! Ahem, cough, cough, videotape.

Her own words are  becoming her downfall ...no matter how many denial twitters she posts.  

And yes, Mehgun, you do talk alot and seemed absolutely giddy about drinking alcohol frequently in the past and at future events.  Trying too hard to be a cool kid will also bite you in your ample ass.

Oh, and your bestest friend and role model, "Cunty", aka Erica Jayne?  When you lay down with dogs. .................

I imagine that  the other conservative on the panel--can there be two tokens? Or does it take too much away from your victimhood and specialness?-- wholesome,  bland Abby is going to be trying her damnest to distance herself from your tawdry-ness and low class. 

I think the poster above was right when she said that TV likes dumb people cuz it gets them reactions; Mehgun will keep supplying the idiocy for you powers that be. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, atlantaloves said:

Oh hey, Mehgun.....now they have announced that your Uncle Joe Biden received a bomb? ? Does that affect your loose fat ass? God what a bitch. 

oh yeah.  "Apologized" for the rhetoric she spews and is "sorry" for saying she hated Hillary and calling her "Crooked Hillary" on the show.

The way Joy came out firing, I think Joy read her for filth in the morning meeting which made her walk back her comments. 

• Love 17

OMG!!!!  How does a discussion of the suspicious packages sent and the comments made by Trump at a rally become about Megan???  And, why does the rest of the panel let her prattle on and on and on ~~ now, she's sorry about saying she hates Hilary?  Does she think that the person/people who have perpetrated this horrible thing did so because she is a Republican and on The View and makes stupid comments on the daily?  GTFOH, Megan - your ego is almost as big as Trump's!!!!  

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Does she think that the person/people who have perpetrated this horrible thing did so because she is a Republican and on The View and makes stupid comments on the daily? 

Meghan probably does think she has that kind of influence.  Not to incite violence but that she relevant enough that people listen to her.

• Love 17
5 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Sunny, you are wrong. Megan does not have character. 

Her soliloquy about her contrition for her hateful rhetoric about Hillary left me cold. She is trying to rehab her image. 

Joy was on fire today. Go Joy!

IMO, Megan is trying to rehab her image for image's sake.  Not because she, as a person, wants to change her thought processes, opinions, or personality.  I think she will always remain a closed-minded, loud-mouthed person.

• Love 20

Good for Meh-gun apologizing for her comments about Hillary—even if that was nothing in the scheme of divisive and hateful things she’s said on this show, really. Still, comparing her teary response today to her uncaring response yesterday, I can only guess she only feels bad that her “good friend” Joe Biden received a bomb in the mail rather than because she cares about anyone else affected. Typical of her to only respond like a human being when something impacts her or the people in her life.

I’m glad Joy didn’t back down from what she said yesterday about McConnell, Ryan, etc. validating the sick mess that Trump spews everyday with their silence.

LMAO at Joy telling McCain she has “a healthy appetite.”

• Love 22
35 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

OMG!!!!  How does a discussion of the suspicious packages sent and the comments made by Trump at a rally become about Megan???  And, why does the rest of the panel let her prattle on and on and on ~~ now, she's sorry about saying she hates Hilary?  Does she think that the person/people who have perpetrated this horrible thing did so because she is a Republican and on The View and makes stupid comments on the daily?  GTFOH, Megan - your ego is almost as big as Trump's!!!!  

THISSSS! You beat me to it. She just had to find some way to make the conversation about HER. First off, Meghan, why did it take you THIS long to realize what you said about Hillary Clinton was abhorrent and contributed to the hateful rhetoric coming from the top? I almost threw something at the TV. Secondly, Meghan, the topic had nothing to do with you.

And no, Sunny, Meghan doesn't have "character." She waited how many months to address it on the show? And her little twitter (non) apology doesn't count.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 22

So, is this The Aggrieved One's faux apology tour? Too late, she cried, too late. You said it and I don't believe what you said today. Joy *was* on fire today - and good for her! 

Sunny, MM *has* no character - please stop trying to appease her.

• Love 20

Meghan says : "Il fight you under the table all day long over our political differences"   What "differences"  are those, Megs?   Turning away refugees at the border?  Denying healthcare to millions of Americans?  Oh, I know - tax cuts to billionaires and corporations!   

Oh - and the ONLY reason she's gong to speak up about these bomb threats is that Joe Biden was targeted.  She couldn't care less about anyone else, because, like her leader says, they are "on the other side." 

• Love 19

Abby, on the plight of the homeless boy, "Who knows what he goes home to?"

:-/

Also Fuck Dr. Shill with his "helping the ladies understand what is going on in the world". Ugh! I'm out.

Edited by GiveMeSpace
to add another comment
  • Love 12
15 hours ago, Blissfool said:

No one should be surprised at his sexual exploits. 

And...not our business unless we want to climb up into that bus.

47 minutes ago, backformore said:

drowning out Meghan's "I don't think that's fair"

Oh, BOO-EFFIN'-HOO, Princess.  Life is SOoooo unfair.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Just shut-up Whoopi! 

I do say that sometimes too, but today I kind of agreed when she said what her mom told her:

" Listen, no candidate  is going to give you everything you want, because they are the candidate  of the entire country."

I  think if each side wins a little/loses a little, it's much more equitable.

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 7
54 minutes ago, 17wheatthins said:

I feel like “I’ll fight you under the table” is a Freudian slip; the actual phrase is “I’ll drink you under the table”.....or am I insinuating she’s an alcoholic?

That’s “A alcoholic” didn’t you know?????

• Love 11

okay gals, I gotta watch today's show if Joy's on fire. Let's see it's only 2:00,, but I am retired and can have a gin and tonic right now if I want to, CAUSE BABY I'M RETIRED. That's the only way I can get through this shit fest of a show. Thanks for the heads up, I told you all she would be all shook up because her Uncle Joe got targeted by those Nazi's. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Poohbear617 said:

Later in the show when Joy tried to discuss psychodrama and role reversals MM jumped in and rudely said how she would show up wearing a red wig and yell about those crazy right people. She got Sunny involved and they drowned out Joy till she gave up. I could not tell if she was hurt or mad. 

Yeah, I couldn't tell whether I was hurt or mad!  Why is Meghan allowed to constantly interrupt but NEVER be interrupted?  Whoopi makes sure MM always completes her comment.

• Love 18
23 minutes ago, buffynut said:

No wonder Joy's shaken.  She's one of the "other side's" most hated people. So she's probably fearful that a bomb will be sent to her, or ABC.

I hadn't thought of that but Joy, Whoopi and Sunny are democrats and are no fans of Trump. No wonder Joy is shaken.

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Did Meghan really say she talked to "her" producers?  Yep she did.

She has said this a few times.  What do we know?

Does each panelist have a personal producer?

Does each panelist have more than one?

OR...is there a Pretty-Pretty Princess who has a special benefit?

• Love 5

Meghan said women need a back up plan if they lose a relationship or a job.  For her it's called mommy's money.

Dr. Phil said we got through the Civil War and we survived as a country.  A lot of the divisiveness of today is because of that war.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 22
6 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan said women need a back up plan if they lose a relationship or a job.  For her it's called mommy's money.

It's embarrasing for her to discuss the topic unless she explains how LUCKY she has always been, is, and will be for life everlasting, AMEN!

• Love 9
4 hours ago, njbchlover said:

IMO, Megan is trying to rehab her image for image's sake.  Not because she, as a person, wants to change her thought processes, opinions, or personality.  I think she will always remain a closed-minded, loud-mouthed person.

I think every time she pulls crap like she did yesterday, we need to let ABC know. I don't think she did this for her image (on her own, that is). I think the ABC News division told her she was in trouble.

4 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

I don't understand why they continue to baby her. She's a grown ass woman. 

3 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

According to her birthdate yes.  In behavior and temperament no.

Also according to her ass. (Sorry. Not sorry.)

I didn't watch and didn't record today's show. Is it worth catching on demand tomorrow?

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, General Days said:

I think every time she pulls crap like she did yesterday, we need to let ABC know. I don't think she did this for her image (on her own, that is). I think the ABC News division told her she was in trouble.

Also according to her ass. (Sorry. Not sorry.)

I didn't watch and didn't record today's show. Is it worth catching on demand tomorrow?

If you like Joy and what she has to say I would say yes.

• Love 13

Joy is the main reason I watch (even though this season, I feel like I'm watching out for her, rather than watching to enjoy her).

I won't mind seeing Meghan's faux apology either, just because I'm in the mood for some humiliation theatre. 

• Love 20