Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 10/15/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Stacee said:

Oh wow. I think Meghan looks fabulous! I love topknots and think that style flatters her. The color of the dress looks really good with her skin tone. And since I am obsessed with Gucci dresses, it gets double thumbs up from me. Love the look, love the dress. But still can't stand her. 

I loathe her to the extent that I won’t even acknowledge when she doesn’t look like a stuffed sausage. Yeah, yeah, body/fat shaming. She says and does much worse. So I don’t feel guilty for what I think.

1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan said she was from the middle of the country.  Did Arizona move?

?????

1 hour ago, Stacee said:

Okay so maybe I need to edit my reply. Sounds like based on what you guys are saying on the show she did not look exactly like she is shown in the picture. If that is photo shopped, that's pretty silly of someone who claims to be  "touch chick" to do.  

I think you mean tough, yes??

1 hour ago, Alexis2291 said:

I had to do a double-take when I heard her say that. WTF? She's truly delusional. 

No, she’s stupid and ignorant and an ignoranamus maroon as she proves every time she opens her mouth with big words to “show” she’s smart, but only proves what an idiot she is.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, ari333 said:

Frankly I think the whole royal thing is bullshit.

After Harry's royal wedding, Meghan made a big deal about not watching royal weddings or anything royal, but later in the show she said something that she'd only know if she watched it.  I think she doth protest too much and was glued to the screen all day for both Harry's & Eugenie's weddings.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, Haleth said:

Wow, color me shocked!  Not one political word from Jed!  Is she trying to change her image?  (Too late, Jed.  I've seen the recent Fox clips.). Her mile a minute chatter makes it seem like she was feeling incredibly awkward sitting there after being fired.

She's trying to sell books.  To both sides.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

She has to be wearing Spanx.  Just yesterday she looked a lot bigger than this.

Meghan looks big from the side.  She has big breasts, large waist, and big stomach.  I think the dress has a shadow (from Sunny) down the side that looks like a stripe creating an optical illusion.  She is still big. 

Changed my mind, it's photoshop.

Edited by Morgalisa
changed my mind
  • Love 6

Ugh, I feel kinda stupid. I saw the pic and thought she looked nice and she does - because of the Photoshop. How phony of her. I never would have thought she would do that. I thought she said she was proud of her curves - am I remembering that right?

I still like her hair, unless that's photoshopped too. ?

2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I think you mean tough, yes??

Yes, that is definitely what I meant to type ?

Edited by Stacee
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, Tammee said:

My take on the bell theory (i know, late..short..yada yada :) but i thought it was used when the table started screeching and shouting, getting louder, they hit the bell to end it right there and they all stop and move on

It was.

I think it was sunny that started misusing it.

I hate that bell because they act so self-righteous when the ring it.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

It was.

I think it was sunny that started misusing it.

I hate that bell because they act so self-righteous when the ring it.

I love the bell simply because Meghan hates it so much.

• Love 12

Nothing to add except to agree about Meghan's photo-shopped dress with the giant Gucci bow which seemed to be pinned on crooked?  Her Pebbles Flintstone hair-do seemed too "young" for her & Jedi was trying for a Tween look with her little crop top with the Maribou feathers!  Whoopi wearing her Pajama top(the matching shoes were fun), and Meghan making fun of Joy's Apple watch.  

• Love 7
On 10/16/2018 at 5:46 PM, Morgalisa said:

I follow him on Instagram. It gives me my daily dose of Obama.

Me too!  It's bittersweet many days, but I look forward to seeing his photos and comments.

23 hours ago, junebug said:

Probably the reason Meghan doesn't care about hearing about the Royals is they aren't discussing her.  She isn't interested in anything that isn't about her.  And I DON"T CARE about hearing anything she says.

She also has contempt for any subject that doesn't interest her and a distinct air of superiority over anyone who disagrees with her even if it's about something very minor.  Some people are interested in the Royals (for example), and others aren't.  Live and let live.  How boring would this world be if everyone liked the exact same things?  There are people in my life who are passionate about things that are of no interest to me at all.  That's fine - I don't feel I need to get on my high horse and explain how I'm some kind of higher being because what they enjoy is of no interest to me.  She's so damn pompous and judgmental.  If she's not interested in something, then apparently it's not worth being interested in, and those who feel differently are somehow inferior.  (And that obnoxious screaming is nowhere near as cute as she thinks it is.  It hurts my ears.) 

I know several people whose parents turned them into brats when they were kids, but as adults they now have some awareness of that and work hard to overcome it or at least keep it in check.  But Meghan has an extraordinary lack of self-awareness.  She's also incapable of normal conversation, which is what I thought this show is supposed to be about:  Listening to and sharing different views.  Her mind is shut tight in every way, which doesn't allow for decent, normal, or interesting conversation.

• Love 22

Re the bell, my memory, which could be wrong(!), was that a host would ring the bell if they thought another host made a good point.  I think somewhere it evolved to where one of the hosts used the bell to shut down the shrieking.  But it was still meant to be a positive after that.  But Meghan never understood that so whenever anyone rang the bell, she took it as an attack.  

• Love 11
38 minutes ago, Marti508 said:

I know I’m late to the party, but I just watched yesterday’s show. Will someone, please, tell Meghan to quit talking like she knows anything about Native American tribes. And, especially, do not compare Navajo with Cherokee. They are nothing alike. No, Meghan, blood quantum does not mean ANYTHING when applying for citizenship to Cherokee Nation. I am a Cherokee Nation citizen. I live in the capital of the Cherokee Nation. I work for the Cherokee Nation. You can be full blood Cherokee and be denied citizenship. You can be 1/1024th and be granted citizenship. It all comes down to the Dawes Rolls. If you have an ancestor on the Dawes Rolls and can prove your lineage to them, you can be granted citizenship. Some Cherokee Nation citizens have zero Cherokee blood, as in the case of the Freedmen (ancestors of Cherokee owned slaves). So, shut up, Meghan!

Thanks!

• Love 5

Do I need my hearing checked? I could have sworn I heard Abby tell a story about a man in China who was "basically beaten to death" and immediately followed it up with 'he's now blind'...uh..which one is it? lol. 

• Love 11
8 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Michael Fishman was well spoken.  Well, both of them were, but, I think since he was so young when he was on Roseanne, that her assholery may have affected him more.

Also, Whoopie was talking about National Sibling Day or whatever it is, doing kind of a tribute to her brother, and, the prized cow says, “can we include parents, please?”  Jesus!  Just stop it, bitch!  It’s siblings day or whatever.  It has nothing to do with your father.

I agree with all of this.  The segment with Michael and Lecy was interesting, and they both seem to be thoughtful and articulate.

And yes, Meghan of course had to swing the discussion around to "parents" because heaven forbid we should go more than a few minutes without being reminded that she's grieving the loss of her father.  Well, guess what - I'm mourning the loss of my Dad, too.  He died just a few months ago, and my heart is broken more than I ever would have thought possible.  But that doesn't mean I can't acknowledge that OTHER PEOPLE have lost loved ones too, and that they're entitled to grieve just as much as I am.  If Whoopi wanted to honor her brother and say a few words about siblings, that should have been allowed to stand on its own.  Meghan should have kept her big mouth shut.   She clearly feels that no one has felt loss the way she has, and she will probably forever cling to her The Most Grieving Person Ever crown.  Since my Dad passed away, I have so much more compassion for others who have suffered losses like this, and I've been told that's common.  Not Meghan, though.  She has zero compassion for anyone else.  Her loss and her grief have to be center stage as though it's a competition.   No one else's pain matters to her at all.

6 hours ago, Tunia said:

I don't think anyone said a word...same ol' Jed, with her rat-a-tat-tat delivery.  That mouth never stops.  It's what drove me nuts when she was a regular, and it drove me nuts again today,  Good riddance.

I never liked Jed, but couldn't exactly remember why.  Then she started talking today, and I remembered.  She's exhausting to watch.  I agree - Good riddance.

5 hours ago, Stacee said:

Oh wow. I think Meghan looks fabulous! I love topknots and think that style flatters her. The color of the dress looks really good with her skin tone. And since I am obsessed with Gucci dresses, it gets double thumbs up from me. Love the look, love the dress. But still can't stand her. 

Yes, she looks good in the photo.  But she didn't look at all like that on the show.  Way too much photoshopping.  She probably didn't like the way she looked in the photo (been there- I hate photos of myself!), but tweaking it to that extent was foolish, IMO.  Far better to be less obvious, or just not post an unflattering photo at all. 

• Love 20

I know everyone grieves differently, and believe me I am trying to cut her some slack here. But I can't help but think how LUCKY she was to have her dad for a year after his diagnosis. Time she should have spent preparing herself, spending as much time with him as possible. We all reach a point in our lives when we lose our parents. My only regret and wish is that once my mom was diagnosed stage 4, I would have had just a little more time to spend with her. Not time running around to doctor appointments in a fog, but some quality time. I only got 6 weeks, and she was gone. 

And on a totally shallow note, I thought Meghan looked awful today. I swear, she's a bratty teenager's mind with a matronly middle-aged woman's body and style. She's 33 years old!

• Love 20
15 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Jed being on is a cautionary tale of 'be careful what you wish for' because she left.. and in her place we got Meghan and Abby.  Remember that folks.

Yes, but speaking just for myself, I wouldn't want Jed back.   I think Abby is boring and contributes nothing to this show, but I would take her over Jed easily.  Meghan, too.  I can't stand Meghan, but I do enjoy watching her being so ridiculous day after day.  It's like a sport to me.   Jed just drove me crazy - No comic relief like I get with Meghan.   (Don't get me wrong - I would love it if Meghan left, but not if that means we had to have Jed again.)  JMO, and I'm sure many will disagree.

12 minutes ago, CynicalGirl said:

I know everyone grieves differently, and believe me I am trying to cut her some slack here. But I can't help but think how LUCKY she was to have her dad for a year after his diagnosis. Time she should have spent preparing herself, spending as much time with him as possible. We all reach a point in our lives when we lose our parents. My only regret and wish is that once my mom was diagnosed stage 4, I would have had just a little more time to spend with her. Not time running around to doctor appointments in a fog, but some quality time. I only got 6 weeks, and she was gone. 

And on a totally shallow note, I thought Meghan looked awful today. I swear, she's a bratty teenager's mind with a matronly middle-aged woman's body and style. She's 33 years old!

CynicalGirl, I'm so sorry.  I hope you find comfort in the knowledge that you were a help to your Mom and that she didn't suffer for an extended period of time.  I feel your pain, I really do.  My deepest condolences.

And I agree with you.  Yes, everyone grieves differently, but she has been fortunate in many ways.  Not everyone is surrounded by loving friends and family, not everyone has the money to fly back and forth to see an ill parent, not everyone has a work situation that is so accommodating of numerous absences and extended time off, and not everyone is given the gift of time in which to say what's needed to be said and create lasting memories.  Her grief is real, I'm not saying it isn't.  And she's entitled to every bit of it.  But she won't give even an inch to acknowledge that other people are entitled to their grief too.  Every time someone mentions a death (not just Whoopi today), she jumps in and reminds us that HER father died and that SHE's in mourning.  As though her father was more important than anyone else's loved one, as though no one else ever had such a wonderful and close relationship, and as though no one else's loss could possibly compare to her own.   She's a self-centered brat, and her true colors are showing more now than ever.

• Love 20

I remember that Jedidiah was always trying SO HARD...to be perky, popular, brillant, sexy (ohhh, so sexy) and beautiful!

Remember how she danced out bigger and better than all the other panelists...when she was one?

She always slips in that she was a "dean."   Internet shows this:  academic dean at a private New York City K-12 school.   Anyone know which "prestigious" private school?

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 8

Now I remember why I couldn't stand Jedi-blah-blah.  She is fucking annoying.  And disingenuous.  And insincere.  I did enjoy seeing her give Meggie a hug and air kiss.

Jed was seriously high strung today so I am sure it was nerves but man, she is too much to take.  I think Meggie is also too much to take, but in different ways.  Like when today, when everyone can agree that situation of the Saudi journalist, and Trump's response, is reprehensible, and Meggie grabbed her blue card and started spouting off her whataboutism.  Obama! Clinton!

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Marti508 said:

I know I’m late to the party, but I just watched yesterday’s show. Will someone, please, tell Meghan to quit talking like she knows anything about Native American tribes. And, especially, do not compare Navajo with Cherokee. They are nothing alike. No, Meghan, blood quantum does not mean ANYTHING when applying for citizenship to Cherokee Nation. I am a Cherokee Nation citizen. I live in the capital of the Cherokee Nation. I work for the Cherokee Nation. You can be full blood Cherokee and be denied citizenship. You can be 1/1024th and be granted citizenship. It all comes down to the Dawes Rolls. If you have an ancestor on the Dawes Rolls and can prove your lineage to them, you can be granted citizenship. Some Cherokee Nation citizens have zero Cherokee blood, as in the case of the Freedmen (ancestors of Cherokee owned slaves). So, shut up, Meghan!

Thanks so much for the input!!!   You clarified things I didn't know & I'm sure others here didn't either!!

• Love 15

Interesting that MM talks about all the support she is getting while grieving.  Nothing about MM supporting her mom or siblings in their grief. So self-centered, as so many have pointed out here. 

And yeah, she is fat. Alcohol has alot of sugar. 

• Love 19

NOW all of a sudden Whoopi doesn’t wear her patented solid white shirt? On a day when all the other panelists were clearly going for a theme, she just HAS to be contrary.

I wanted Jed to talk politics. She could go up against anyone and not hold a grudge. 

• Love 3

Actually Meghan replaced Jed, and Abby replaced Sarah. Jed replaced Abby on F&F's weekend edition.

Why can't Meghan allow someone else to honor their deceased brother's birthday without bringing up her own grief? 

And yes - what is Meghan even doing to help her mother and siblings? She has not even mentioned Cindy.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

For context, a pic of what it looked like watching from home for most viewers. 

9DE20610-9112-4FF7-A578-D8FFDC0D369B.jpeg

It's surprising that Miserable Meghan hasn't pushed her weight around (pun intended) to barter for an inner seat on the panel, perhaps where Abby sits, to give herself a frontal exposure.  Her extended leave would have been the ideal time to install Abby on the end seat.  If MM gets a good look at photos such as this, that'll be her next demand.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Tunia said:

It's surprising that Miserable Meghan hasn't pushed her weight around (pun intended) to barter for an inner seat on the panel, perhaps where Abby sits, to give herself a frontal exposure.  Her extended leave would have been the ideal time to install Abby on the end seat.  If MM gets a good look at photos such as this, that'll be her next demand.

MM has mentioned before how she doesn't like sitting at the end because of the side view of her body, which is another example of her hypocrisy ....this  time on owning her weight. 

When MM talked last week about telling Laura Ingraham to kiss her fat ass as her ( MM's ) claim to fame,  all I could think of was that supermodel Tyra Banks telling the world to "kiss her fat ass" about 10 years ago, cuz she had gained weight, and was getting criticism.   I don't even remember MM doing it.  She's a legend in her own mind.  

Also, I believe MM is  working mightily to make her fighting with Joy a media  "thing", like Bits and, Rosie. But it's not working for MM, cuz Joy is cooler, calmer, and miles smarter than MM. Calling Joy, "Bitch ", to welcome her back was just dumb and misplaced, as a poster said earlier. 

I thought the big bow on MM'S dress was some kindvof award/recognition from some group,  like veterans or conservatives for her father's work,  and MM would talk about it during the show. ...but I guess it was yet another poor fashion choice.  MM's dressers are definitely not helping her. 

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 12
9 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

So, I looked up that atrocity of an accessory and it's $390. From where I'm sitting, it looks like it's an honorable mention ribbon bestowed by a 4-H Club at some state fair that someone found at an estate sale in a bin marked, "FREE! TAKE ME!"

9 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Oh, jeeze, you had to do that!   :o)  I  didn't see the show, so I was going by MM's post,  & she looked quite nice.  Not a good style for sitting.  They aren't doing her any favors by putting her on the end (the little devils).

• Love 2

That style of dress is meant to be form fitting.  It is going to show every curve and roll you have.  Meghan does not have the shape to wear that dress and have it look flattering.  I am a thin person but I do not have a flat stomach so I wouldn't wear that dress.  

• Love 8

And that is so not a sitting dress.  That is a standing dress.  Especially if you have any sort of shaper like Spanx on underneath, because when you sit, the shaper either rolls down or creates sharp lines and breaks in the fabric.  Case in point:  Exhibit A posted above/\ /\ /\

• Love 8
21 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

"But-but-but Obama/Clinton!"

Nice job Meghan. I figured she'd find a way to get their names included eventually.

What annoys me about the name dropping is that she doesn't bring it up in relevant scenarios because the nuances of the discussions don't apply to the examples she brings up. Her interruptions often veer off the subject at hand to pull out a whataboutism and when she speaks, it far too often feels like I'm listening to someone tell a story with no plot.

• Love 13
On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 8:55 PM, junebug said:

Probably the reason Meghan doesn't care about hearing about the Royals is they aren't discussing her.

I wonder if another reason could be as simple as they both have the same name and the royal Meghan is well liked and  popular. I know that would be pretty shallow but remember who we're talking about here.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Tanichka said:

Oh, jeeze, you had to do that!   :o)  I  didn't see the show, so I was going by MM's post,  & she looked quite nice.  Not a good style for sitting.  They aren't doing her any favors by putting her on the end (the little devils).

LOL, well because the photo she posted online looks very different from what most of us saw at home. I mean, yeah, people look different depending on the angle but as others have mentioned I think she photoshopped the pic she posted on her twitter account.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Post from Meghan after today's show. No mention of Jed's appearance today.

Hmmm...  that post with the blue dress is after the show right?!?  That makes sense because during the show she blows out a lot of hot air.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Tosia said:

I thought the big bow on MM'S dress was some kindvof award/recognition from some group,  like veterans or conservatives for her father's work,  and MM would talk about it during the show. ...but I guess it was yet another poor fashion choice.  MM's dressers are definitely not helping her. 

I wonder if Meghan added her own "fashion" touch to an otherwise plain dress from Wardrobe.  Would "The View" spring for a $390 Gucci brooch?

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Orillia said:

I wonder if another reason could be as simple as they both have the same name and the royal Meghan is well liked and  popular. I know that would be pretty shallow but remember who we're talking about here.

I don't doubt it. The Royals even upstaged her People magazine cover last year.

image.thumb.png.8cc1fdd34a6f4baecbc118a0a4a82c64.png

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Cementhead said:

Case in point:  Exhibit A posted above/\ /\ /\

Okay, since Meghan does brag (occasionally) about her breasts and comments on her (and Joy's) bras, it's time to point out that the screenshot* above shows that it's time for a new/current bra-fitting.  The back doesn't have to ride up like that.  Speaking from experience.

*Thank you Alexis2291

• Love 4
1 minute ago, OnTime said:

"I have a husband that knows Congresspeople".

So take that, for all of you who do not!

"My dad was a senator! My husband knows Congress people!" And she kept repeating it and screeching, once again... my ears couldn't take it.

• Love 10