Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 10/15/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

I see that Meghan has jumped on the "Jim Acosta is bad" bandwagon. That's a dangerous meme Trump is promoting. Just last night at the Montana rally this happened:

Jim Acosta tweets:

The disturbing part of Trump’s jokes about Gianforte was the effect on the crowd. I saw one young man in the crowd making body slam gestures. He looked at me and ran his thumb across his throat. I talked to him after the rally was over. He couldn’t stop laughing. 

Singling out reporters by name just might encourage some unhinged person to go after them physically. 

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 19
1 minute ago, May Jacks said:

Was Meghan "I like to use the term crooked Hillary" McCain trying to give a lecture about not going in the gutter with trump today?

Also the same person who said she "hates" Hillary. 

I love that Sunny and Don are good friends. I loveeee me some Don Lemon, he cracks me up.

• Love 15
10 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I’m glad Sunny is having a good birthday, but, this is boring.

Whoopi and Meghan are next I believe. I can't wait! /sarcasm

2 minutes ago, Jpxfactor said:

What a snooze fest.  Birthday shows are so vain..who fling cares.

I understand a segment dedicated to the host and their birthday but nearly an entire show? It's too much. 

• Love 18
33 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Also the same person who said she "hates" Hillary. 

I love that Sunny and Don are good friends. I loveeee me some Don Lemon, he cracks me up.

It took me a while to warm up to Don Lemon. He used to say things about the Black community that pissed me off. He even had Bill O'Reilly of Fox News singing his praises because Don's insensitive comments validated  Bill's racist views about Black people. 

• Love 12
Just now, Apprentice79 said:

It took me a while to warm up to Don Lemon. He used to say things about the Black community that pissed me off. He even had Bill O'Reilly of Fox News singing his praises because Don's insensitive comments validated  Bill's racist views about Black people. 

Girl, same here! He used to piss me off too but he's changed his tune, thank goodness.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Alexis2291 said:

Girl, same here! He used to piss me off too but he's changed his tune, thank goodness.

He has. Plus, he is so damn handsome and looks so young.  He is 52 years old and he looks 35.  He loves his mom and she is his hero and it so heartening to see.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, Apprentice79 said:

He has. Plus, he is so damn handsome and looks so young.  He is 52 years old and he looks 35.  He loves his mom and she is his hero and it so heartening to see.

Yassss, he's so good-looking. Black don't crack, as they say! And yes, I love the relationship he has with his mom. Very sweet.

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Black don't crack, as they say!

To this day, this saying will forever and always remind me of Star Jones, whether I like it or not.  She was the first person I ever heard use it going waaaay back to those first days of The View.   :)

1 minute ago, CynicalGirl said:

Wow, those old pics they showed of Sunny. She's sure had a lot of work done. 

I didn't see the pics, but I do know that Sunny's CNN face is not the same face she is sporting on The View. 

• Love 9
On 10/18/2018 at 10:33 AM, blondiec0332 said:

You mean Arizona?

Meghan's father was a Senator and has been in politics her whole life.  Shouldn't she know "Congresspeople" independent of her husband?  I haven't watched the show so I'm going to need some context for  her remark.

Why is someone who's been in politics their whole life using the word "congresspeople"  and not MEMBERS OF CONGRESS, which is how they're address as a group.   

• Love 17
1 minute ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Why is someone who's been in politics their whole life using the word "congresspeople"  and not MEMBERS OF CONGRESS, which is how they're address as a group.   

Because she’s an ignorant clueless ignoranamus maroon. And a nimrodic twat.

• Love 20

I don't mind when people alter old male forms of words to be gender inclusive. Congresspeople, congresswomen, and congresswoman are fine by me. I'm tired of congressman and congressmen. It reinforces the idea that it's man's work only.

I can't remember who it was, but there is/was a female member of Congress who wanted to be called congressman. She might have been the same twit who also wanted to take the vote away from women (and I mean this happened sometime in most of our lifetimes). 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, General Days said:

I don't mind when people alter old male forms of words to be gender inclusive. Congresspeople, congresswomen, and congresswoman are fine by me. I'm tired of congressman and congressmen. It reinforces the idea that it's man's work only.

I can't remember who it was, but there is/was a female member of Congress who wanted to be called congressman. She might have been the same twit who also wanted to take the vote away from women (and I mean this happened sometime in most of our lifetimes). 

I hear ya, but Congresspeople is kind of made up, you refer to the group as Members of Congress.  

"there will be 8 Members or Congress at the fundraiser tonight". NEVER have I typed, "there will be 8 Congresspeople at the fundraiser tonight".  My boss would have my head.... I'm big on protocol.  :)  

• Love 11
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I think people say early onset as part of joking because he said a lot of “I don’t remember” during the Iran Contra hearings

Another time when Abby didn't get the joke?  She sounded serious.

• Love 6

1.   I do NOT like Sunny's dress...ugly, ugly.

2.   She's looking more like Wendy Williams every day. 

3.   Adding...7min later.  I don't dislike Sunny, but I've never appreciated her.  I'm watching the various accolades (and offered part in "Power").  I think I DO dislike her.  Needing TOO MUCH...of everything. How tiring to be her friend or family. 

Edited by Former Nun
See #3
  • Love 9
47 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I hear ya, but Congresspeople is kind of made up, you refer to the group as Members of Congress.  

"there will be 8 Members or Congress at the fundraiser tonight". NEVER have I typed, "there will be 8 Congresspeople at the fundraiser tonight".  My boss would have my head.... I'm big on protocol.  :)  

I know, but at some point, all words are made up. I have a weird mixed prescriptivist + descriptivist philosophy of language. I probably would have said, "congressional reps" myself, but when people err in one way or another (form or function) it's refreshing to see them do so in favor of inclusivity.

These posts my have been inspired by an exhausting campaign in our town to change the term for our representatives. The old word ended in "man," and man, did I learn how many of my neighbors etc are sexist assholes. You'd have thought the campaign was trying to castrate every local male politician and that no one had daughters. 

3 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

Meghan’s birthday is next week. I’m sure she’s expecting a celebration episode of her own.

Ugh! The birthdays are too much. They overdo it. I can't remember. Do they do this big of a deal with every birthday, or is it usually more subdued unless it's a significant number? It seems to me Sara had a big celebration too, but I could be confusing that with a shower, or it could have been for her 40th. Either way, it's getting old. 

I just hope Meghan's doesn't turn into a grief therapy session. If the show wasn't on in the morning, I'd propose some sort of drinking game. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Cementhead said:

To this day, this saying will forever and always remind me of Star Jones, whether I like it or not.  She was the first person I ever heard use it going waaaay back to those first days of The View.   :)

I didn't see the pics, but I do know that Sunny's CNN face is not the same face she is sporting on The View. 

To me, Sunny is the spittin twin image to Leah Remini. Sisters from another mother

12 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

Meghan’s birthday is next week. I’m sure she’s expecting a celebration episode of her own.

Get those invites out now.  You know how busy the Founding Fathers can be lol

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, General Days said:

I know, but at some point, all words are made up. I have a weird mixed prescriptivist + descriptivist philosophy of language. I probably would have said, "congressional reps" myself, but when people err in one way or another (form or function) it's refreshing to see them do so in favor of inclusivity.

These posts my have been inspired by an exhausting campaign in our town to change the term for our representatives. The old word ended in "man," and man, did I learn how many of my neighbors etc are sexist assholes. You'd have thought the campaign was trying to castrate every local male politician and that no one had daughters. 

Ugh! The birthdays are too much. They overdo it. I can't remember. Do they do this big of a deal with every birthday, or is it usually more subdued unless it's a significant number? It seems to me Sara had a big celebration too, but I could be confusing that with a shower, or it could have been for her 40th. Either way, it's getting old. 

I just hope Meghan's doesn't turn into a grief therapy session. If the show wasn't on in the morning, I'd propose some sort of drinking game. 

That need not be an issue.  I call extenuating circumstances Your Honor.  Shots of bloody mary and mamosis!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

The Mooch is coming back AGAIN?! For fuck's sake, why, why, WHY are they still giving this guy a platform? Just when I thought he disappeared off my screen for good...

Right on!  I love the Mooch, even for only a few segments.  Hes hilarious!  I like that he can hold his own with the panel and zing right back...always a good time when Mooch is in town.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, General Days said:

Oh my goodness.

Meghan must be feeling better. She's in peak Whataboutism form today, and Abby is her backup singer.

Trump, who has repeatedly called the press the enemy of the people, has been lying about and then brushing off the brutal murder of a Washington Post reporter who was a US resident and is the father of US citizens. That was the topic of conversation, and then McCan't made this pivot.

I started watching the show basically on time. It's now 12:45pm, and I've gotten eight minutes in. (I did stop to make more coffee, eat a banana, and do a hasty proofread.) 

Meghan is such a phony with her tone comments. I'm pretty sure I could go to her Twitter page and find her telling a bunch of people to eff off, and not in direct messages. 

Don't tell me you've never told anyone to eff off, Meghan, and don't start citing your family as some bastion of civilized speech. Your dad is the guy that altered the old song "Barbara Ann" to "Bomb Iran," and let plenty of F-bombs fly, face-to-face with a female reporter on camera

TO OUR MODS: I know this isn't a forum about John McCain or politics. I'm saying this to dispute Meghan's claim of her family's standards that she made today on The View.

I didn't faint when the late senator used profanity. I object to MM using The View to perpetrate this kind of whataboutism, and then lying about her family's language standards as she stakes her claim.

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR. I'm seriously and pretty good about identifying people who are older than I am. I would have sworn he was younger. 

@General Days Thanks for taking one for the team. And great post.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, General Days said:

I watch the show later in the day or at night. Propose away!

• Love 5

OMG. I just finished watching. My ears are bleeding. Meghan was talking. So. Much.

Sunny was so cute in her younger pictures with her natural curly black hair and toned down make up. 

Edited by Morgalisa
  • Love 10

I loved seeing Sunny's family - her son is a good-looking young man.

And Meh-gan looked good - her hair in a ponytail and that dress - actually fit her and had a belt. She looked good - sounded terrible, shrill, shrieks - but she looked good.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

How could they possibly have time for all of the millions of Meghan's friends to visit for her birthday?

They're going to have to do a special 2 hour edition. And who could blame them ? After all , this will be her first birthday without her father.  I'm stocking up on Kleenex this weekend. Boo hoo !

• Love 12
6 hours ago, General Days said:

I haven't gotten used to them announcing the absent cast members at the top of the show.

Me either.  I much preferred it when the absent panel member wasn't announced at the opening.

I actually thought Sunny's celebration today was one of the better ones they've had.  The segment with the judge was interesting and funny.  It was nice to see Manny and the kids since she speaks of them so often.  Her daughter is a real mini-me with her mannerisms, especially the way she laughs.  Gabe is a cutie.

Thanks for the heads up on MM's birthday.  That might be one to miss b/c I imagine she'll be in her happy-screechy mode, with mouth wide open, and that's pretty unbearable, IMO.

Then - GAHHHHHH.  We're coming up on Halloween soon, and that's their worst show of the year.  Just.hate.it.  Good time to rake the leaves.

Good luck to all the MegaMillions ticket holders.  May your wildest dreams come true.  We'll understand if you're not on the forum for a while!  :-)

• Love 13
4 hours ago, General Days said:

Oh my goodness.

Meghan must be feeling better. She's in peak Whataboutism form today, and Abby is her backup singer.

Trump, who has repeatedly called the press the enemy of the people, has been lying about and then brushing off the brutal murder of a Washington Post reporter who was a US resident and is the father of US citizens. That was the topic of conversation, and then McCan't made this pivot.

I started watching the show basically on time. It's now 12:45pm, and I've gotten eight minutes in. (I did stop to make more coffee, eat a banana, and do a hasty proofread.) 

Meghan is such a phony with her tone comments. I'm pretty sure I could go to her Twitter page and find her telling a bunch of people to eff off, and not in direct messages. 

Don't tell me you've never told anyone to eff off, Meghan, and don't start citing your family as some bastion of civilized speech. Your dad is the guy that altered the old song "Barbara Ann" to "Bomb Iran," and let plenty of F-bombs fly, face-to-face with a female reporter on camera

TO OUR MODS: I know this isn't a forum about John McCain or politics. I'm saying this to dispute Meghan's claim of her family's standards that she made today on The View.

I didn't faint when the late senator used profanity. I object to MM using The View to perpetrate this kind of whataboutism, and then lying about her family's language standards as she stakes her claim.

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR. I'm seriously and pretty good about identifying people who are older than I am. I would have sworn he was younger. 

And since Meghan opened the door about living up to her family's standards, that would include mocking a child's appearance, simply because you don't like her parents, and implying a woman is a man because she doesn't meet your standard of feminity. I won't even start on stealing drugs from the less fortunate, etc.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, General Days said:

MEGHAN: So he's not going to lead. So, we're almost two years into this administration. We hold ourselves accountable. We're television commentators, (gestures toward Sunny) journalists as well.

Thanks, General Days.   Wasn't Meghan the one who (early on) questioned that Sunny had ANY "journalist" qualifications?  Sunny quietly provided them and Meghan was surprised?   Or did things change when my state (Arizona) moved to the "middle of the country"?

• Love 23
33 minutes ago, fishsanwitt said:

I loved seeing Sunny's family - her son is a good-looking young man.

And Meh-gan looked good - her hair in a ponytail and that dress - actually fit her and had a belt. She looked good - sounded terrible, shrill, shrieks - but she looked good.

I think it is the best she has looked in a long time. 

• Love 5
46 minutes ago, fishsanwitt said:

Can she truly NOT control that ear-bleeding SHRIEKING ? ? ?   Producers: Please put together a 30-minute SHRIEKS clip show that Meghan is forced to watch.

That dress was beautiful.  Had I seen it on the rack I would have either ignored or ridiculed it.  Surprised that it looked so nice on her--good look overall.

Edited by Former Nun
Added a note to Producers...
  • Love 4

Sunny's got a beautiful family and good God she wears 50 well. She looks incredible. 

The moment Meghan started acknowledging something bad Trump did, I just KNEW she was going to follow it up with something a Democrat said. A Democrat journalist saying F U to someone from the Trump administration is FAR less severe than a Fox news person accusing mass shooting victims of being paid actors yet THAT was the example Meghan used of journalists stooping below the dignity of their job. She doesn't hold everyone to the same standard because if she did, she would recognize that tweeting F U to someone is not even the same stratosphere as someone of a high authority making light and condoning physical violence against the press. Consistent and fair my ass. If you aren't equating it then why are you saying it to begin with? Don't bring up examples unless they make sense to the conversation you simpleton. I did really like her look today. The pattern looked great on her and I think she should do belted looks more often. I thought she pulled it off great. 

I really liked that they tied so much of Sunny into the show. Enjoyed her segment with her former boss and co-worker. 

• Love 12

I noticed they didn't talk about Beto O'Rourke today as advertised after Joy handed Meh-gun her ass on a platter for elevating Jim Acosta to the same level as a president--on top of McCain trying unsuccessfully to re-write recent history when Trump began this game by egging on violence, vitriol, and death threats against journalists everywhere in this country. Call out your own party first, Meh-gun, then you can lecture other people on civility and "standards" you clearly don't have.

Birthday shows are boring--and in the case of Meh-gun's and Whoopi's birthday specials, unbearable--but I liked that Sunny was given a cameo on one of her favorite shows. I've watched in a disinterested way this past week. The only thing that comes to mind that I remember was how hot DJ from Roseanne got at some point. I never expected that. Everything else (Abby talking about a friend who was beat to death only to say he was blind and apparently still living in the next breath; Meh-gun claiming to be one of those average folk from the middle of the country despite spending her entire life in the lap of luxury) was already pointed out by the great posters here.

• Love 15

Gee - I always thought Arizona was in the SW. Who knew it was the middle?

ETA - I liked today's show because I like Sunny a lot despite some of her faults. I think she lives a very interesting life filled with love and family and lots of friends.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 14

I like Sunny, I really do, but, at least 2 people mentioned her showing up at other people’s houses with an entourage.  She even mentioned she was partying at Joy’s with a bunch of her friends and didn’t realize Joy had gone to bed.  I think it’s great that she has so many good friends, but, that would drive me up a wall.

• Love 16
6 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Can she truly NOT control that ear-bleeding SHRIEKING ? ? ?   Producers: Please put together a 30-minute SHRIEKS clip show that Meghan is forced to watch.

That dress was beautiful.  

They could use a shrieking compilation on her Birthday show (with Joy turning down the volume).  That dress was the first nice outfit Meghan has worn since she started 1 year ago.

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, deirdra said:

They could use a shrieking compilation on her Birthday show (with Joy turning down the volume).  That dress was the first nice outfit Meghan has worn since she started 1 year ago.

Wow, everyone thinks that Meggie looked great.  I do not.  She should never wear a dress unless it is a wrap style.

She has worn jeans and a blouse or sweater and looked much better.  Some female bodies do not look great in a dress. Meggie looks like she is thirty pounds lighter when she is not in a dress.

• Love 8