Type keyword(s) to search

Ashley & Jay: Giving Us the D Every {Sunday} Night

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, spankydoll said:

I completely disagree with you on Jay looking worse than Natalie. Selling her friend's story of being kidnapped and raped is unconscionable.  There is no limit to the trolling that she deserves. Good for him for sticking up for Ashley.

I was curious about what you were talking about, so I found an article that talks about Ashley being abducted and raped. This happened about 13 years ago. Be warned, the article is disturbing. Suffice it to say that she bravely escaped and the kidnapper/rapist was caught and put away. I am in awe of her and I want only the best for her.

Anyway, the article says some friend of Ashley's (implied to be Natalie) was shopping the story around and Ashley decided to get ahead of it by talking about it herself.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 16

Natalie had that coming and honestly Jay's roast of her is pretty good.  If I were Jay or Ashley I would be livid about what she did and would do worse than that.

Selling a story to the tabloids about someone's rape is as low as low can get.  Sexual assault is a disempowering experience for the victim.  Part of survival and recovery is reclaiming control over you own life and being able to feel safe and secure.  One of the few things you can control about the whole experience is who gets to hear your story and when.  Natalie took that away from Ashley and didn't give a damn about the effects it would have on her.  She forced Ashley to either talk about it in public herself  or to endlessly field questions about it.

I don't care what Ashley did to Natalie to supposedly justify this.  Nothing justifies this and only a horrible person would do something like this.  If Ashley was being a shitty friend or was being an asshole, it doesn't matter.  I don't care if Jay cheated on Ashley 1000 times (and how would that make Ashley lose friends anyway?  What kind of shitty friend ends a friendship because the woman's fiance is cheating?).

• Love 22
31 minutes ago, minamreeka said:

Natalie had that coming and honestly Jay's roast of her is pretty good.  If I were Jay or Ashley I would be livid about what she did and would do worse than that.

Selling a story to the tabloids about someone's rape is as low as low can get.  Sexual assault is a disempowering experience for the victim.  Part of survival and recovery is reclaiming control over you own life and being able to feel safe and secure.  One of the few things you can control about the whole experience is who gets to hear your story and when.  Natalie took that away from Ashley and didn't give a damn about the effects it would have on her.  She forced Ashley to either talk about it in public herself  or to endlessly field questions about it.

I don't care what Ashley did to Natalie to supposedly justify this.  Nothing justifies this and only a horrible person would do something like this.  If Ashley was being a shitty friend or was being an asshole, it doesn't matter.  I don't care if Jay cheated on Ashley 1000 times (and how would that make Ashley lose friends anyway?  What kind of shitty friend ends a friendship because the woman's fiance is cheating?).

You think her friend is the only one who would have sold this story ( that’s if she even did) ? Once viewers and posters on this and other boards learn the identities of the couples, there is all kinds of online sleuthing done to get the down low on them.

if it wasn’t Natalie, it would have been someone else.  And a good chance it could have been one of us. 

I don’t think that breakup really had anything to do with her being a victim of a crime. It was about Jay cheating. Plain and simple. She cried on Natalie’s shoulder over the series of cheaters she’s had and picked another winner. And now she’s sorry she aired her business and is turning on her friend. Walked away from a 60k wedding over a cheater, but doesn’t care if Jay cheated on her in Jamaica? Please, what the difference then if he cheats in Baltimore too?

Can’t wait til her kids get a load of this guy. He won’t be laying the dick  on her 3x a day when the kids are underfoot and she’s playing mommy. 

Speaking of her kids... she brings a stranger home and into her bed, in a house I assume her children are in at least part of the time. He’s never met these  kids and she expects him to be step daddy to them? 

What kind of shitty ass Mother is she?

Molly got ripped apart for doing the same crap, this ones no different. Leida too, letting Eric man handle her son. And men like Tarik and Ricky wanting to bring randoms home to play mommy.

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, iwasish said:

You think her friend is the only one who would have sold this story ( that’s if she even did) ? Once viewers and posters on this and other boards learn the identities of the couples, there is all kinds of online sleuthing done to get the down low on them.

if it wasn’t Natalie, it would have been someone else.  And a good chance it could have been one of us. 

I don’t think that breakup really had anything to do with her being a victim of a crime. It was about Jay cheating. Plain and simple. She cried on Natalie’s shoulder over the series of cheaters she’s had and picked another winner. And now she’s sorry she aired her business and is turning on her friend. Walked away from a 60k wedding over a cheater, but doesn’t care if Jay cheated on her in Jamaica? Please, what the difference then if he cheats in Baltimore too?

Can’t wait til her kids get a load of this guy. He won’t be laying the dick  on her 3x a day when the kids are underfoot and she’s playing mommy. 

There are some other sources to indicate Natalie was the source of this on the reddit sub.

And what I'm saying is this is a despicable thing to do regardless of who did it.  I find some of the online sleuthing occasionally borderline creepy and stalkerish anyway, but this would be a step too far.  Anyone who would come across it and decide to make it public is a jerk for reasons I outlined above.  Sexual assault victims should always have the final say of whether their story is made public even if they're in the public eye.  

• Love 9

Wow, Natalie is a repeat thief. Let's just call shoplifting what it is...criminal. 

I understand that a lot of children and adolescents engage in shoplifting, but to continue to do so as an adult...IDK, that's seems like a sign of something not right mentally. Is it drama? a thrill? 

I've never stolen anything (I'm weird, I know) so I don't get it. 

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, minamreeka said:

There are some other sources to indicate Natalie was the source of this on the reddit sub.

And what I'm saying is this is a despicable thing to do regardless of who did it.  I find some of the online sleuthing occasionally borderline creepy and stalkerish anyway, but this would be a step too far.  Anyone who would come across it and decide to make it public is a jerk for reasons I outlined above.  Sexual assault victims should always have the final say of whether their story is made public even if they're in the public eye.  

No defense for Natalie if this is true. But the longer the show airs, the more following these couples get, the sooner the internet sleuths and websites start poking around. Next thing you know, divorce records and financial stuff start to be discovered. TMZ, Radar, Starcasm etc all digging for info. 

I’m sorry  she was the victim of a horrible  crime.. but you put yourself on TV as entertainment and it is for entertainment let’s not kid ourselves, they want attention and money and fame, if they didn’t, they wouldn’t be instagramming and posting and tweeting and making promos for the show etc. 

It’s also not just the couples who are fame hungry.... friends, family, associates and anyone who you know want their 15 minutes or a chance to get back for some perceived or real greivance against the couple. 

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, iwasish said:

No defense for Natalie if this is true. But the longer the show airs, the more following these couples get, the sooner the internet sleuths and websites start poking around. Next thing you know, divorce records and financial stuff start to be discovered. TMZ, Radar, Starcasm etc all digging for info. 

I’m sorry  she was the victim of a horrible  crime.. but you put yourself on TV as entertainment and it is for entertainment let’s not kid ourselves, they want attention and money and fame, if they didn’t, they wouldn’t be instagramming and posting and tweeting and making promos for the show etc. 

It’s also not just the couples who are fame hungry.... friends, family, associates and anyone who you know want their 15 minutes or a chance to get back for some perceived or real greivance against the couple. 

There is a difference between digging up divorce records (which are public records) and airing something that is this personal and traumatic.  

Even assuming that she does want money, attention, fame, a unicorn or whatever, it still doesn't change anything here.  

A.  This isn't something she could expect to come out.  Her name under the court records for this would have been sealed meaning that the people who knew this was her were friends or family or somehow related to law enforcement.  This isn't easily discoverable by regular internet searches and the people with the knowledge are people she can and should expect loyalty from.

B.  There's just a human decency argument at play here.  Even if you could expect people you know to air gossip about you, you might think certain things are off limits.  I doubt she would have seen this coming.  I certainly wouldn't expect anyone I've met to do something like this, even if they are angry at me or even hate me.

C.  I think it's just a terrible precedent to set and a terrible attitude if we as a society think this kind of thing is okay and that any public figure who is the victim of a sexual assault should just expect that information to come out.  That basically tells survivors that if they want any kind of fame or public life then they can expect this information to be aired.  This incentives people to stay quiet and not trust people with their stories, which damages their ability to heal.  It tells survivors that they have a lot to risk if they seek any kind of fame or public office when they have just as much of a right to do that as anyone else.

D.  Even if she is the fame whoriest whore to ever whore and is doing all of this for the attention and endorsement deals that come from this...so what?  

I think instead of looking at this as "well people are assholes and what can you do this is how it is" it should instead indicate that while we can't stop assholes from being assholes we can at least put the blame where it belongs and disincentive people from being shitty to sexual assault survivors in the future.

• Love 23
15 hours ago, spankydoll said:

I completely disagree with you on Jay looking worse than Natalie. Selling her friend's story of being kidnapped and raped is unconscionable.  There is no limit to the trolling that she deserves. Good for him for sticking up for Ashley.

Agreed.  Here in PA, that's all public record, so he's free to post it.  And Natalie selling that story to the tabloids is just disgusting on many levels - especially profiting from it.

• Love 9

I'm wondering how old her children are, and if they live with her.  

I have such a hard time trying to maintain a non-judgmental frame of mind when children are recklessly forced to live with, and be alone with, a hyper-sexual man who boasts of his pre-teen introduction to sex.

I see Jay's charm - he's handsome, sexy, and charming.  He's also the last person I would move into my home if I had small children.  

Moving any stranger into a home would be hard on kids - loss of attention from mom, weird (inexplicable, to small children) changes in the family's emotional climate, and a new level of powerlessness would have lasting consequences on their-self esteem and worldview.

Not sure why I'm using so many hyphens - I just-can't-stop!

• Love 16

There was a scene when Ashley spoke her feelings to Natalee, and Natalee just looked so puffed up and angry, like she was about to explode!

If I had a friend who was about to make a mistake, and I did my best to gently warn her, and my friend said she was going to do it anyway, I can imagine feeling resigned, even a little sad for her, but I can't imagine turning into The Hulk! To me, Natalee's anger spoke volumes... volumes about the state of her mental health.

Yes, you look out for your friends, but you have to let them live their own lives. IMHO, Natalee was just looking for an excuse to be abusive.

And, when she was shut out, she got even more hostile. Ashley said that Natalee was sending her screenshots of very personal things that she had shared with her. To me that seems menacing and stalky. 

And, I agree with the overwhelming consensus, going public with details of your "friend" getting raped is about as low as it gets. Shame on you, Natalee.

Natalee, reveling in the battle, is posting up a storm about being a "happy mom of three." But, obviously there's something she's not getting in her life. I think she's lusting after Jay! I also think she's probably very jealous of her friend. Also, I think she's probably just a nasty person. Karma's gonna bite her big ass. It already is.

• Love 7

I read somewhere (maybe her IG story?) that she has chosen NOT to have her kids on the show.  She has shared custody with their father(s?) and it's a healthy relationship.  That explains why we don't see the kids or hear them mentioned.  

That said, and rather unrelated... Natalie is an asshole. 

• Love 8

Natalie is obsessed. She's run back to the tabloids again saying she's 100% innocent in all of this. And, this mother of three is no shoplifter either. Just in the wrong place at the wrong time, protecting another friend. So, Ashley is wrong, Jay is wrong, and the police are wrong, according to this asshole Natalie. 

Hopefully, Ashley has blocked her number, and has saved the threatening texts and photos. I would get a restraining order if I were she. #TeamAshley

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/90-day-fiance-ashleys-friend-natalie-denies-her-allegations/

• Love 6

I am so over this couple because of the Natalie drama.  They weren't that interesting to begin with, and the drama drudged up by Natalie and Jay and Ashley and the tabloids just doesn't make them any more interesting.  I hope signing up for a television show was worth it to them.  

• Love 3
On 11/12/2018 at 10:14 PM, EarlGreyTea said:

I was curious about what you were talking about, so I found an article that talks about Ashley being abducted and raped. This happened about 13 years ago. Be warned, the article is disturbing. Suffice it to say that she bravely escaped and the kidnapper/rapist was caught and put away. I am in awe of her and I want only the best for her.

Anyway, the article says some friend of Ashley's (implied to be Natalie) was shopping the story around and Ashley decided to get ahead of it by talking about it herself.

Holy shit. I remember this. The person who was trying to shop this should rot in a ditch. What a vile piece of scum. How she fought and escaped...wow.

• Love 6

Ashley released a video explaining her kids.  She said people were calling her a bad mom because the show never shows her with them.  She says she doesn't show them on social media and they will never be on the show/ she protects their privacy.  I have no love nor interest for dried up Jessica Simpson and Davar 2.0 and their feud with Natalie nobody, but I do think this is  a great decision she has made concerning her kids.  I think that makes her a good mom.....if only people like Nicole would get a clue.

• Love 19

The only think that gets side eye from me is that the house looks like kids have never been in there.  Heavily white color scheme, lots of boring word "art", etc., but no toys, kids art, books, posters, whatever.   

I applaud not putting her kids in this shitshow, and it's just as well that they're not around Mr. Heavy Sack Skinz Jr., but unless she's in an AirBNB for even more privacy (also a good choice), that's not a kid friendly environment (and doesn't look big enough to have an entire room for casual living, like a family room.)

• Love 4
On 17/10/2018 at 10:53 PM, CoachWristletJen said:

This guy is gonna have a LOT of problems with boundaries!

No kidding. Isn’t Jay the one who “found her on social media” after meeting at a club/bar the previous night? How does one even do that?!

Do you like, look up an Instagram location tag and go through the photos to possibly find the woman you recognise as the one you met the night before? I hope she gave him her name (first and surname) and he looked that up... Because it sounded sort of stalkery when I first heard Ashley describe it.

I hope I’m mistaken and she did give him her name. Otherwise... ?

9 hours ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

Holy shit. I remember this. The person who was trying to shop this should rot in a ditch. What a vile piece of scum. How she fought and escaped...wow.

Major asshole move. Because even very early on, Ashley was talking about how she’d spend her free time taking self-defence classes. It obviously still affects her.

Edited by CSS.MD
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

Ashley released a video explaining her kids.  She said people were calling her a bad mom because the show never shows her with them.  She says she doesn't show them on social media and they will never be on the show/ she protects their privacy.  I have no love nor interest for dried up Jessica Simpson and Davar 2.0 and their feud with Natalie nobody, but I do think this is  a great decision she has made concerning her kids.  I think that makes her a good mom.....if only people like Nicole would get a clue.

I think it's more likely that the man who shares custody of the kids probably objected to the kids being filmed.  I don't give Ashley credit for making that decision all on her own.  She's a train wreck. 

• Love 5

She’s not showing her kids on TV. Great. But she is still planning on marrying this guy and having him around her kids. I can’t imagine she isn’t ever going to have them meet and he’s still a random she met on vacation and has him in her house and bed. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, CousinOliver said:

The only think that gets side eye from me is that the house looks like kids have never been in there.  Heavily white color scheme, lots of boring word "art", etc., but no toys, kids art, books, posters, whatever.   

I applaud not putting her kids in this shitshow, and it's just as well that they're not around Mr. Heavy Sack Skinz Jr., but unless she's in an AirBNB for even more privacy (also a good choice), that's not a kid friendly environment (and doesn't look big enough to have an entire room for casual living, like a family room.)

kid friendly doesn't have to equal cheap furniture and toys scattered everywhere. I grew.up in a house with pale carpet, silk wallpaper and some very fine antiques. We had plenty of toys but we put them away when we were finished playing. 

And the word art UGH! Odd Mom Out had a hysterical thanksgiving special where the tacky house had word art that spelled "cursive". And Teachers refers to it as art from the checkout at Bed, Bath and Beyond.   

• Love 3
9 hours ago, CousinOliver said:

Maybe can keep the house so white & clean because she has maids.

Unlike Leida & Eric.

• Love 1
On 11/12/2018 at 11:27 PM, iwasish said:

Speaking of her kids... she brings a stranger home and into her bed, in a house I assume her children are in at least part of the time. He’s never met these  kids and she expects him to be step daddy to them? 

Are you new to the show?  This is exactly what happens each season.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

There's another thing that bothers me about this woman Ashley (and there are plenty of things)....young Jay seems to suffer from a bit of "racism" himself when he laments about everyone staring at him and asks "Why do white people always think a black person is bad?"  In response, Ashley sighs and basically says "I don't know, it sucks." Instead of doing the grown-up thing and explaining to Jay that not all white people feel that way, she behaves like a very immature and unintelligent person. 

• Love 3

Regarding the strangely-sterile/Homegoods-explosion place where Ashley and Jay are staying, I bet TLC gets rentals for the filming period for people who do not want their personal homes shown (and I don't blame them). Family Chantel's and Chris's (David Poor friend) places looked like rentals, too. I agree that Ashley is looking tired. Got to be tough the only one working; taking care of her children (offscreen); worrying about what her oldest child (I mean fiance) is up to; hearing his constant complaints and problems; coping with constant D demands; and planning a big fancy wedding. I don't think J is a bad guy. at all, but he's 20 and not ready to marry, as he stated this week.

• Love 8

While the area Ashley lives in is largely white, just across the river is an area that has a fairly large African American population.  I won't say racism doesn't exist here, because it does, but I'm more inclined to think that he's being looked at because he has a camera crew following him around the Lemoyne Farmer's Market, rather than him being black.  I'm also thinking that maybe it was in the local media that someone was going to be on the show, and they thought it might be them (because of the camera crew).  This is a somewhat quiet area, and most people don't have camera crews following them around, so it will get some looks.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, iwasish said:

How did Jay get to that barber shop, can he drive in the US? Isn’t it in a different town altogether? 

Someone said it was on the East Shore, so that's likely Harrisburg proper.  It's just a few minute's drive, but he probably got a lift from the film crew, or took the bus, etc.

• Useful 1
14 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

Someone said it was on the East Shore, so that's likely Harrisburg proper.  It's just a few minute's drive, but he probably got a lift from the film crew, or took the bus, etc.

Or he may have driven himself.  From the Jamaica Automobile Association website:

"When traveling overseas, it’s a good idea to carry an International Driving Permit (IDP). The permit contains your name, photograph and other important information translated into ten languages, and is recognized as an official form of ID in more than 150 countries. This is useful even if you’re not planning to drive!

In order to obtain this, you must be the holder of a valid Jamaican Driver’s License. The request may be made at any Tax Collectorate where you will need to present your Driver’s License and a passport size photograph to the relevant officer. You will also be asked to fill out an application form. Once these criteria are filled, the International Driver’s License can be issued, and is valid for one year or until the Driver’s License expires, whichever is less. There is no extra cost to obtain an International Driver’s License."

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Or he may have driven himself.  From the Jamaica Automobile Association website:

"When traveling overseas, it’s a good idea to carry an International Driving Permit (IDP). The permit contains your name, photograph and other important information translated into ten languages, and is recognized as an official form of ID in more than 150 countries. This is useful even if you’re not planning to drive!

In order to obtain this, you must be the holder of a valid Jamaican Driver’s License. The request may be made at any Tax Collectorate where you will need to present your Driver’s License and a passport size photograph to the relevant officer. You will also be asked to fill out an application form. Once these criteria are filled, the International Driver’s License can be issued, and is valid for one year or until the Driver’s License expires, whichever is less. There is no extra cost to obtain an International Driver’s License."

Interesting. I just assumed, because in the past, people on the show made a big deal about not being able to drive.

• Love 2
Just now, funky-rat said:

Interesting. I just assumed, because in the past, people on the show made a big deal about not being able to drive.

I wonder how many of the Americans tell their foreign-born fiance/es, "You can't drive until we get married and you get your green card."  Quite a few of those who hook up with the Americans are too dumb to look up the laws . . . and the Americans use the "you can't drive" lie as another way of keeping the visitors under their control.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I wonder how many of the Americans tell their foreign-born fiance/es, "You can't drive until we get married and you get your green card."  Quite a few of those who hook up with the Americans are too dumb to look up the laws . . . and the Americans use the "you can't drive" lie as another way of keeping the visitors under their control.

Some foreign born,  like Hazel may not have ever learned to drive, either because there was no need to or they had no access to a car. 

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Some foreign born,  like Hazel may not have ever learned to drive, either because there was no need to or they had no access to a car. 

Who is Hazel?  Is that a nickname, or another "Before The 90 Days" person?  I don't watch "Before".

7 hours ago, funky-rat said:

It could also be that the respective American partner who owned the car didn’t have the type of insurance that allows for another (non-family) driver...

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Shieldmaiden said:

It could also be that the respective American partner who owned the car didn’t have the type of insurance that allows for another (non-family) driver...

I think if you call your insurance carrier and give the name and dL #  you can add them on as a covered driver, it could be expensive, if they don’t have any driving record ( to rate them as a risk or not) here to check.

i took a cross country trip with a friend who had a license from my state and a good driving record. They no longer had a car, so they didn’t have their own insurance . I called my insurance agent and he added her to my policy for the duration of the trip. It cost me approx. a couple hundred dollars for a 2 or 3 month period but it covered collision and liability. She reimbursed me for the increase. It gave both of us peace of mind just in case something had happened. 

But yeah there are those who would use any means to isolate a partner, especially if they had lingering doubts as to the person’s motive for being here.  

Edited by iwasish
Spelling
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, iwasish said:

I think if you call your insurance carrier and give the name and dL #  you can add them on as a covered driver, it could be expensive, if they don’t have any driving record ( to rate them as a risk or not) here to check.

i took a cross country trip with a friend who had a license from my state and a good driving record. They no longer had a car, so they didn’t have their own insurance . I called my insurance agent and he added her to my policy for the duration of the trip. It cost me approx. a couple hundred dollars for a 2 or 3 month period but it covered collusion and liability. She reimbursed me for the increase. It gave both of us peace of mind just in case something had happened. 

But yeah there are those who would use any means to isolate a partner, especially if they had lingering doubts as to the person’s motive for being here.  

Something tells me you have politics on your mind (or autocorrect does!)😂 I’m sure you meant collision!

• Love 7
On 11/21/2018 at 6:42 PM, iwasish said:

i took a cross country trip with a friend who had a license from my state and a good driving record. They no longer had a car, so they didn’t have their own insurance . I called my insurance agent and he added her to my policy for the duration of the trip. It cost me approx. a couple hundred dollars for a 2 or 3 month period but it covered collision and liability. She reimbursed me for the increase. It gave both of us peace of mind just in case something had happened. 

For what it's worth, she would have been covered even if you didn't add her.

• Love 2
On 11/21/2018 at 6:14 PM, AZChristian said:

It's not actually legal for people pursuing residency to use these though.  It's meant for tourists.  Some people still do use it but if you have an overly zealous police officer or get in a bad accident it can still cause you problems.  

• Love 1
On 11/21/2018 at 9:45 AM, AZChristian said:

Actually by the law, if the foreign fiance did not hold a driver's license in their native country, they will probably not be able to drive here in the US at least till they get their work permit and then pass the driving exam. And many of the foreign fiances surprisingly had never driven in their lives. I remember a few seasons ago one guy was teaching his 29 year old Columbian wife to drive. Must be great public transportation systems in those countries. 

Edited by Lily247
  • Love 2

Watching the uncomfortable conversation between the two of them during the video game... he's not being honest.  You could smell it coming off of him when he couldn't say what he went out for.  "A phone thing."  Until midnight?  Girl.  You say you don't care if he cheated in Jamaica, but as soon as he is in the US, he is supposed to change his stripes?  At 20, no less?  Regardless of how terrible Natalee is/was, she was right.  Ashley was in full denial.  

• Love 5

He can’t talk to anyone but his family from Jamaica! What is she? His jailor? 

And for someone so worried about being shot on sight by cops, he’s pretty comfortable cruising around late at night in a  “white neighborhood”.

i can only imagine a young guy shut  up in the house all day, he can’t work, no relatives or friends( that we know of), he has to be bored stiff. Isn’t she a bartender ?  I thought she work evenings and be home at least part of the day. 

• Love 1