Type keyword(s) to search

Season 6 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, LGGirl said:

If I was Leida’s father, I would be furious with Eric and be a lot more vocal than what was shown on TV.

I didn’t get the feeling that Leida’s parents were trying to make Eric feel bad.  They were concerned about the living conditions of their daughter and, more so, their grandson.  If I were them, I’d feel the same way and not be so nice.  

Leida’s father should be furious with Leida not Eric. She’s no innocent. She’s nearing 30, divorced , with a child that SHE should be making her 1st priority. She picked Eric and got this whole ball rolling, if we can see red flags all over, so should she.  If I were her folks I wouldn’t be bothering to come here, nor sending her sister, I might have suggested she leave the kid in Jakarta till the 90 days are up but if she insists on taking him, so be it.  She’ll either get disgusted with Eric and move on to another guy,  or she’ll become just as big a slob as he is. 

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 4

@iwasish,  agree with you 1000%.  

But I think they are there more for their grandson’s benefit than Leida’s.   Unfortunately, they probably cannot make Leida leave the child with them so they are forced to play nice with her.  I can easily see her using her son as a bargaining chip with her parents.  

As a grandparent, I can tell you that your child, no matter how bad of a parent they may be, hold all the cards when it comes to their kids.  

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Morgalisa said:

I would like to have seen a Before the 90 Days season on these people.  There is so much I would like to know about their backgrounds.   Why do some couples get the Before the 90 Days and others not? 

Probably depends on where they are in the process when they approach TLC to be on the show.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Appreciated your insights about everything in your post.  My only comment/observation is that Leida appears to have a "designer" tattoo on the outside of her left hand/wrist.  I think it's Gucci, but I'm not all that familiar with designer items, either.  (Except for my 3 Michael Kors purses, purchased before I retired . . . when I had more disposable income.)  Pretty sure that little tattoo was a lot less expensive than my purses.  It may give the impression that she knows about classy stuff, but most of the "designer" bags, etc., can be knockoffs . . . showy, but fake.  Just like Leida.

Thank you for bothering to read it! 💛

If the small tattoo is a designer name, I can’t understand why anyone would “brand” themselves with a brandname. That’s like free advertising for the brand they just tattooed on themselves. (That’s not even brand loyality, is it? What is that even?)

Big companies make me so mad (because I’ve read all about their unethical practices, etc). LOL. In Indonesia, the online stores (like the equivalents of Amazon) have a “dropship” option where you can order something from a company’s official store and send it as a gift to someone under your name (as if you sent it). So sometimes I’d order toiletries/dry food to send to charities. One day, it was sent to my own address by mistake and I realised that they never included the “dropshipper’s” name, so it looked like this large corporation was the one sending the items to the charities as if it was “a CSR move” instead of a small gesture by a private citizen.

That was enough to make my blood boil.

I couldn’t accept a company was taking credit for my charity (even if I always send under false names for anonymity anyway), I can’t understand why anyone would tattoo a large corporation’s name on their actual bodies.

Sorry for the rant, BUT I REALLY HATE COMPANIES WITH A PASSION. LOL!

3 hours ago, magemaud said:

There are designer TATTOOS? Do the tattoo artists need some kind of copyright to use a designer's logo or could I just take a Sharpie and draw two stylized interlocking C's on my arm and pass it off as Chanel? 

Good question! 🤷🏻‍♀️

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLLL! 😂😂😂🤣

On 11/19/2018 at 10:43 AM, Drogo said:

She is also the best catch (smart, fit, beautiful, affectionate, well-spoken), and Jonathan doesn't seem to be very appreciative of that. 

She might have a bit of an anger issue, but I don't know that we would have seen it had he not been doing dumb shit like not having a bed ready for them to sleep in, leaving exes' underwear for her to find and touching blondes' hips in clubs.  If all she wants is to be taken care of by a decent looking older man, there are plenty out there who would throw in a little R-E-S-P-E-C-T at no extra charge.   

I agree.

I also suspect that this isn't the first time he's openly flirted with other women in front of her.  He strikes me as the type of guy that loves to keep his women off balance and gets off on their insecurities.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, LGGirl said:

@iwasish,  agree with you 1000%.  

But I think they are there more for their grandson’s benefit than Leida’s.   Unfortunately, they probably cannot make Leida leave the child with them so they are forced to play nice with her.  I can easily see her using her son as a bargaining chip with her parents.  

As a grandparent, I can tell you that your child, no matter how bad of a parent they may be, hold all the cards when it comes to their kids.  

I know, grandchildren, nieces, nephews etc.they can all  be used to manipulate and punish those that love them. One thing I learned though is that most of the time, no matter how good grandpa/ma, uncle/aunt are to them, when push comes to shove, the kids side with mom or dad. Even when they’re treated horribly, they want mom and dad. 

So Aless is Leida’s  child, if she says she intends to take him, I  wouldn’t put up any arguments, once the threat of not  seeing him regularly gets no reaction, she loses whatever power she had.  And she may suddenly change her mind and leave him or send him home, allegedly for his benefit, 

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I think Eric's idea of what is considered "rich" (like someone with a real couch not an inflatable sofa) might be skewed. Leida says her parents are rich, that might mean that they each have good jobs and make a nice income and it's not old family money.  I don't think Father Leida was trying to make Eric bad, it seemed like a genuine offer to help with a quick fix, after all it is for his daughter and grandchild.  

Leida might be lying to herself about her actual family wealth and if Eric knew there was a monetary difference early on he should have been very honest about his level of lifestyle.

Nothing says let's build a life together but start it with some lies.

Either way, someone will be disappointed.

See, I don’t even think it’s possible that she’s old money...

If she were “old money”, she’d never say that “living in the country” means you’re “poor” in Indonesia.

Because if she were old money, she’d very likely Ben from a land-owning family who would own land... In the country. 🤷🏻‍♀️🕶🥤

Now, I will acknowledge that rural areas are poverty-stricken—because that’s just a fact of life (and there will be statistics to prove it). But if she were from a land-owning family, her family would likely employ those neighbours living in poverty (especially if they’re using that land for farming/they run a plantation, or as domestic workers).

How ungracious would you have to be to call your neighbours/employees “poor” like it’s a bad thing?

Further, plenty of wealthy Jakartans will have a vacation home in the mountains (which, again, will be in the country).

Her words are so telling and revealing of who she really is... When she insults other people, she really just insults herself—it’s like instant karma. 😏

Like, even from an AMERICAN perspective: What supposedly “wealthy” person wouldn’t understand the concept of a “vacation home”? (Granted the cabin Eric had to offer was modest, it wasn’t exactly an East Coast beach house—but same difference: A place that’s not your regular home to chill near nature in a secluded area, away from the city). 🌲🏕

She just keeps contradicting herself.

And she does seem delusional (thankfully her sister isn’t, and seems sane enough—I think the rest of the family seem decent too, I’m more amazed/fascinated by how she managed to drag her family around all the way to America for the show).

Edited by CSS.MD
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, CSS.MD said:

@Dance4Life Owh my Ghaaaad... You've just put Dorothy Wang on my radar: 

The vocal frrraeeeh...

I caaaaahn’t... 😂🤣🤣🤣

She can’t even put on her own makeup because she’s had professional MUA’s living in-house since she was in preschool?

I think she’s pretty funny, by the way.

off topic but i love her, her voice bugs, but she reminds me of me with how many times she says "omg i'm such a bad listener...."  because relatable.  

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Morgalisa said:

I would like to have seen a Before the 90 Days season on these people.  There is so much I would like to know about their backgrounds.   Why do some couples get the Before the 90 Days and others not? 

Hmmmm... I want to know the answer to this question too!

*Suspicous squinty-eyes*

8 hours ago, Kath94 said:

Okay, I get it that her "ex" is Daniel, so "leidaniel" is one tattoo.  What's "325" mean, and who is "Coco Cohen?

Perhaps to commemorate the day famehoe hit 325 subscribers on YouTube.

• Love 1
On 11/19/2018 at 8:54 PM, Adeejay said:

Baby Oliver was in more danger with his mother driving 80 mph and eating Cheetos, than he was when his father took him out of his car seat. 

To be fair, I believe it is an unofficial rule that one must drive at a speed that is relative to the majority of the other drivers on the road in order to avoid a crash. If everyone is going 80, its probably safer to go 80 as well than 65. 

Edited by Lily247
  • Love 4
On 11/21/2018 at 10:14 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

"Miss Dr. President" made me laugh very loudly. 

Anybody else get a "Dr. Mrs. the Monarch" vibe?

I actually admire Eric for turning down the offer of $ from Miss Dr. President's very successful and wealthy surgeon-father, but I wonder about her medical school tuition and other expenses, not to mention the difficulty of getting into a medical school in the first place.  Her father seems to believe that she wants to become a doctor, telling Eric he hopes Eric will make sure Leida can continue her education, and she told us that she wants to be a doctor in the US so she can make a lot of money, but the things we've seen her and Eric do don't support that goal.  I feel like they have a plan to make money, but it involves internet scamming--just my opinion--rather than the actual effort medical school would require.  Leida seems too ready to stay with Eric after her understandable horror at seeing where and how he lives.  What's up with that?  As others have asked, what was the point of her family vetting Eric if she wasn't going to listen to them anyway?  To rub in their faces that she'd rather live with snaggle-tooth, mangey Droopy in squalor than with them in splendor?  She and Eric *must* have something going on that we have not been allowed to see; otherwise, this makes no sense to me at all.

• Love 4

Other than the VISA, what else had Eric promised Lieda?  There is zero chemistry between them.  Did he promise her a place to live?  Because that junky place with his grown daughter in the next bedroom is not ideal.  Why hasn't he explained the LEGALITIES of having to pay child. support?  Why is she under the delusion that she can convince him to stop paying it?  Why is he telling his ex and the kids Lieda doesn't want to pay -- and making them hate her before they met her?  They are both horrid and kinda deserve each other for the lying (I don't think Lieda's family is as "wealthy" as he thinks....money is relative)......but I feel bad for her little boy.  

I am guessing Larissa gives the eye roll when Coltee wants a kiss because he is Very Demanding in the bedroom and she doesn't want to put up with his "romantic side" outside of the bedroom.  (ick). I like Larissa because she was clearly offered a bag of goods and Coltee is mean in not coming through for her.  I thought it was very interesting how smug Mother Coltee was at the Tell All given what was going on in real life....she's just happy they are imploding.

Asuelo does not deserve the Attitude from Kalani because she is using him completely while he's here.  She needs not only to Respect Him but to demand her family Respect the Father of her child.  For some unknown reason, she seems to think she is a Prize and he needs to Act Right in order to keep her.  So far, I haven't seen any of her prize winning qualities and he may wake up and go back to Samoa when he realizes he is getting set up for a life of criticism and contempt.  

I never liked Steven, but now I am scared for Olga.  He is mean and nasty.  I cannot imagine Mr. Eme talking to me like that after my c-section.  Are you kidding me?  I hope she is unable to get a Visa for her and her baby and he just has to go back to couch surfing in the US.  His insecurities are painful to watch.  

• Love 8
On 20/11/2018 at 7:32 PM, Lily247 said:

I go to the gym 3-4x a week and have NEVER heard a woman make noises like that. Occasionally i hear guys do it when they are lifting but it's more like grunting. There was not a single woman in that gym except for Fernanda and she was loving every second. 

For someone working so hard her make up looked nice and she hardly broke a sweat. I call shenanigans.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Lily247 said:

To be fair, I believe it is an unofficial rule that one must drive at a speed that is relative to the majority of the other drivers on the road in order to avoid a crash. If everyone is going 80, its probably safer to go 80 as well than 65. 

I am curious as to what's the "unofficial rule" of driving 80 mph while eating Cheetos.  

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Lily247 said:

The speed limit on the interstates in Utah is 80 mph

7 hours ago, Lily247 said:

Yeah, this is why I asked if there’s a minimum speed limit on the spoiler thread.

But I can’t imagine any minimum being that fast in America? 🤷🏻‍♀️

Because apparently that’s ~128 kmph! 😱

I mean the “advised speed” on Germany’s Autobahn is 130 kmph, but then why would people make such big deal out of that if ~128 kmph is so common in the US? 🕶🥤

1 hour ago, magemaud said:

The speed limit on the interstates in Utah is 80 mph

Thanks!

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Eme said:

Other than the VISA, what else had Eric promised Lieda?  There is zero chemistry between them.  Did he promise her a place to live?  Because that junky place with his grown daughter in the next bedroom is not ideal.  Why hasn't he explained the LEGALITIES of having to pay child. support?  Why is she under the delusion that she can convince him to stop paying it?  Why is he telling his ex and the kids Lieda doesn't want to pay -- and making them hate her before they met her?  They are both horrid and kinda deserve each other for the lying (I don't think Lieda's family is as "wealthy" as he thinks....money is relative)......but I feel bad for her little boy.

Because she’s delusional in general?

I just noticed that in the scene where she confronts Tasha, she said something along the lines of, “did you do this on purpose to make ME explode?”

Because of course Tasha’s lifestyle choices in her very own home, that she’s lived in with her dad before Leida even entered the picture, revolve around Leida.

That is some serious narcissism!

She best make use of the access to good mental healthcare in America while she can, and I mean it (I’m not saying that to Ben mean/nasty at all).

In Indonesia, whenever there’s a high-profile murder case and the perpetrator happens to be LGBTQ, the psychiatrist who gets invited to TV talk-shows to give their ¢2 will attribute the perp’s homosexuality to the crime (because many Indonesian shrinks still classify homosexuality as a “mental disorder”, even though the DSM declassified non-heteronormative sexual orientations versions ago). If the best psychiatrists who get interviewed on television are that awful, imagine what the rest must be like! 😖

Even the psychologists are scary and can do things that would’ve gotten their licenses revoked if they were to practice in America! (Personal experience: I had what was supposed to be a casual session with a psychologist who acted as a self-development “councillor” in charm school, and she berated/verbally-abused me and reduced me to tears! It was bizarre, like she lashed out all her personal life’s frustrations on a student/stranger... FTR, I didn’t do anything wrong, this session was just part of the “self-development” curriculum.) 😳

Maybe Leida can have those delusions of grandeur looked at by qualified mental health professional in America (I’m sure some watching have noticed by now, it’s quite alarming really).

Not saying that to be nasty at all, by the way—I promise (I got my ADHD diagnosed overseas too, and I’m not going to get checked for ASD until I’m overseas either). I’d never use a mental health issue to insult anyone, just pointing that out.

Edited by CSS.MD
AUTOCORRECT IS TEH DEVIL. 🤷🏻‍♀️🕶🥤
  • Love 3

I want to know what Mr. Big Shot Daddy Kalani would do if his wife went full on rage mode with him and treated him like an infant complete with screaming at him about things that he doesn't know. I don't think he'd take too kindly to that. But he'll allow his bitch daughter to do that to Asuelu and blame him for anything that goes wrong in the relationship. 

I have to say that snarking on the people on this show is always amusing but this season, I'm feeling rage at some of the participants: Eric and Kalani as examples. Colt is in there too with his assholish ways. Jonathan, the perpetual 15 year old douchebro. And then we had Steven who was so endearing. But he scared me during the last episode with his zero to sixty rage. I think he's one of those people that when things are going fine he's great, but try to shut him down or do something that he feels is disrespectful and bam! a light switch goes off and he becomes violently angry. 

• Love 8

Let me just say that if Olga and the baby are not at the reunion, I think maybe it points to her still being in Russia for whatever reason - either the Visa process is taking longer than expected (which I dont believe really) or she decided to stay back in Russia with the baby. 

• Love 2
On 11/19/2018 at 11:04 AM, Carly13817 said:

Ashley/Jay - I feel bad a bit that Jay feels out of place where Ashley and now him live. Oh well. At least he can hang out with his new besties at the barber shop!

Dont worry, in 2 years he will be living his dream out in Miami or wherever in the US his heart will desire. Jay already knows exactly how many years he must be married to Ashley before he receives his permanent green card (2 years). In the previews, he is drinking a Capri Sun, so... his maturity is showing. 

• Love 3
18 hours ago, CSS.MD said:

Yeah, this is why I asked if there’s a minimum speed limit on the spoiler thread.

But I can’t imagine any minimum being that fast in America? 🤷🏻‍♀️

Because apparently that’s ~128 kmph! 😱

I mean the “advised speed” on Germany’s Autobahn is 130 kmph, but then why would people make such big deal out of that if ~128 kmph is so common in the US? 🕶🥤

Thanks!

There used to be a "national" speed limit of 55, put in place back in the early 70's, during various oil embargos, but that no longer exists (can't recall when they stopped that - I'm thinking sometime in the 90's).  But individual states do have higher limits, depending.  If an area is extremely flat, it is often higher.  In Indiana on the turnpike, it's 75.  I think most of Ohio Turnpike is 65.  Most of Route 80 in PA is 65, some parts are 70 (a few areas go down to 55 - high congestion areas).  The PA Turnpike is largely 65.  Lots of places out west, where you can see for many many miles down the road are high.  Some areas actually have no posted speed limit.

Edited by funky-rat
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, funky-rat said:

There used to be a "national" speed limit of 55, put in place back in the early 70's, during various oil embargos, but that no longer exists (can't recall when they stopped that - I'm thinking sometime in the 90's).  But individual states do have higher limits, depending.  If an area is extremely flat, it is often higher.  In Indiana on the turnpike, it's 75.  I think most of Ohio Turnpike is 65.  Most of Route 80 in PA is 65, some parts are 70 (a few areas go down to 55 - high congestion areas).  The PA Turnpike is largely 65.  Lots of places out west, where you can see for many many miles down the road are high.  Some areas actually have no posted speed limit.

OMG. You’re right that is an efficient speed range: https://learn.eartheasy.com/guides/fuel-efficient-driving/

I couldn’t get what you said about oil embargoes out of my head and I went ahead and Googled it. I couldn’t wrap my head around it at first because I’m so used to the traffic being awful in Jakarta and the idea that being stuck in traffic burns fuel like mad.

• Love 1
On 11/22/2018 at 7:49 PM, CSS.MD said:

Because she’s delusional in general?

I just noticed that in the scene where she confronts Tasha, she said something along the lines of, “did you do this on purpose to make ME explode?”

Because of course Tasha’s lifestyle choices in her very own home, that she’s lived in with her dad before Leida even entered the picture, revolve around Leida.

That is some serious narcissism!

Do you think Leida suspects Tasha may be gay?  I genuinely don't know how/if people can "sense" this about other people, but I wondered, and your info about how LGBTQ is seen in Indonesian culture might make Leida bolder than she would be otherwise in blaming Tasha and in demanding she leave the shelter of her father's home (project much Leida?  Isn't that exactly where you live?)

I don't know whether Leida's narcissism is pathological or a normal response to being treated as a princess by her family (which, again, is a guess on my part), but she certainly does have an inflated sense of her importance in the family of Eric.  He does have obligations, legal and moral, to take care of his children, and it puzzles me that she does not understand this.  Forget about the money--wouldn't she want a husband who remained emotionally attached to the fruit of his looms?  What kind of man walks away from his own spawn?

And all of this jars so much with her apparent willingness to accept that Eric is "working on it" to get her a more "proper" place to live.  If she feels so entitled, why is she willing to cast her lot with this guy, based solely on his vague plans to "work on that?"  Why isn't she--and/or Eric--taking her family around to look at houses for sale, for instance, to say "this is the sort of living space I'm working on getting for Leida and Allessandro?"  At the very least?  It's not just that Eric's aparment is tiny and unfurnished, it's filthy, with unwashed dishes piled everywhere and nothing put away.

Nobody seems to be holding Eric responsible for *anything*, while Leida seems to expect so much.

Edited by Mothra
negatives make all the difference
  • Love 5
On 11/21/2018 at 10:14 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

LOL, I have never willingly stepped inside a gym--but now that I am a full metal old lady, I make noises like Fernanda when I get up off the couch!

"Miss Dr. President" made me laugh very loudly. 

Its interesting--you state, correctly, that Leida's parents allowed her to stay. Both Kalani and Leida are under their parents' thumbs, or seemingly desperate for their approval. Both woman are almost 30 years old! And they are trotting their chosen partners before their families like some sort of show pony, in the hope of winning their approval, and moreover, their permission! I just don't get this. Yes, its nice if your family likes your chosen spouse. But to say "I hope they let me stay" or "I hope my family will allow me to marry" just seems odd. 

I think Leida’s family know she is determined to live with Eric in the hovel. Her dad despised Eric, but at least now he has a sense of the person he is dealing with. Eric has very little to show for a 41-year-Old man, but worse than that, he was quick to throw his own daughter under the bus.  That didn’t escape Leida’s dad! That and the way Eric manhandles his grandson with little or no affection! He can see though Eric. He understands he has no character.  He’s just waiting his daughter out until she decides to leave, which she will do eventually.

• Love 2
On 11/22/2018 at 4:48 PM, ALittleShelfish said:

man, with all of the 90DF foods we have, we are all going to end up on TLC's longest episode ever of 600lb Life.  

A new show, ‘TLC Made Me Fat.’

On 11/23/2018 at 12:57 PM, funky-rat said:

There is no more “no speed limit” areas anymore. Montana was the last with no posted speed limit and that changed in the 90s but it’s 80 mph now. The fastest speed limit in the US is in Texas and is 85 mph (hwy 130) - crazy!

On 11/23/2018 at 2:34 PM, Granny58 said:

not a chance.

This!!! He doesn’t exude the least bit of BDE.

• Love 2

Oh I forgot how Rude Kalani’s brother was telling him he WASN’T GOING TO USE ASUELO’S NAME BECAUSE IT WAS “TOO LONG”!!! Rude!!! 

If there’s one thing that taking the Dale Carnegie Coure taught me, it’s that person’s name is a very important thing in the world to them, so what her brother did was a huge insult. 

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 4

It’s not looking like many of these soon to be wed couples are ready for the alter. I want Asuelu to just walk away and return to Samoa and never look back at this horrible judgmental white family.  I started out having hope for Steven and Olga but he has so many issues and is not ready for family life so I hope she stays in Russia and never sees him again.  I can’t see Ashley and the D making it, I think maybe he’s already got cold feet.  Coltee and Larrissa might make it to the alter because they are both crazy.  Also I think Fernanda should go back to Mexico and grow up some more but I think they will go through the process, she’s very stubborn and determined. I don’t even understand what the attraction is between Eric and Leida, it actually boggles my mind.  Maybe she really just wants a chance to be on American TV?

Edited by endure
  • Love 19

I don’t get Fernanda, she says his family’s approval is needed or she can’t marry him. Then when they have reservations she gets her back up and doesn’t care what they think. Lots of people have in laws that disapprove of the marriage, sometimes for valid reasons, sometimes petty. Jon’s family may never accept her. But  I think it’s clear their issues are less with Fernanda than with Jon. Maybe they see the same problems she has had with him. He’s thoughtless, irresponsible and immature. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, endure said:

It’s not looking like many of these soon to be wed couples are ready for the alter. I want Asuelu to just walk away and return to Samoa and never look back at this horrible judgmental white family.  I started out having hope for Steven and Olga but he has so many issues and is not ready for family life so I hope she stays in Russia and never sees him again.  I can’t see Ashley and the D making it, I think maybe he’s already got cold feet.  Coltee and Larrissa might make it to the alter because they are both crazy.  Also I think Fernanda should go back to Mexico and grow up some more but I think they will go through the process, she’s very stubborn and determined. I don’t even understand what the attraction is between Eric and Leida, it actually boggles my mind.  Maybe she really just wants a chance to be on American TV?

If I only had one bag of Cheetos, the one special occasion I'd save it for would be Colt/Larissa's wedding.

I'm actually looking forward to that one. LOLOL. 🍿

Mrs. Larissa Bates. <3

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, TrininisaScorp said:

Asuelo’s fav thing about Oliver is “he’s white and mom from America” is painful, even in jest.  WTF?!  Asuelo is no prize, but he is eclipsed by how horrid Ohana Kalani is. 

Well, Oliver looks exactly like Asuelo, meaning he looks 100% Samoan to me and not like a mixed race baby, not that there is anything wrong with that, but I can tell that this must be some kind of thing in Samoa. But I guess whatever makes Asuelo feel better, that he wants a baby who "looks white." 

• Love 5