Type keyword(s) to search

Season 6 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

So I don't spend much time at a gym but is it normal for people to make loud sex noises while lifting weights? How about guys creepily lurking over said girls making sex noises while working out? Lol. 

I go to the gym 3-4x a week and have NEVER heard a woman make noises like that. Occasionally i hear guys do it when they are lifting but it's more like grunting. There was not a single woman in that gym except for Fernanda and she was loving every second. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, LGGirl said:

I was talking about a ceremony.  Throw enough money at a priest/minister/judge, they will preform a ceremony that is not legal, similar to a vow renewal.  That is what I was talking about.  

My neighbors are Mexican and told me that it is expensive for Mexicans to get visitor visas, so it’s not as easy as just paying for a plane ticket. They fly/visit Mexico all the time but rarely do their relatives visit because of the cost of the visa. 

I think she said on the show that they didn't have enough time for her family to get their visas approved to come for their wedding.

14 minutes ago, Lily247 said:

I go to the gym 3-4x a week and have NEVER heard a woman make noises like that. Occasionally i hear guys do it when they are lifting but it's more like grunting. There was not a single woman in that gym except for Fernanda and she was loving every second. 

Agreed.  I'm not a gym rat, but I've gone often enough for the past 8 years or so and have never heard anyone make noises like Fernanda.  She clearly just wants attention.  She's 19.  She should not be getting married!

• Love 9
7 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

They didn't even kiss after they got engaged!  Only later in the photobooth and it was a stretch your lips out kiss at a distance instead of like a "I love you" kiss. 

regarding Larissa and Colt: I noticed they didn't kiss at the airport, either. She just launched into her "Where are my flowers?" tirade. The only times I've seen them kiss, she looks like she's holding her breath and doing something distasteful. When they were in the car and he said, "Darling..." and went in for a kiss, she gave him a very brief, dry, "peck" and afterwards I swear she rolled her eyes. 

• Love 6

On a side note, after watching this latest episode, THANK GOODNESS for DVR and fast forwarding for one main thing...the new Honey Bunches of Oats commercial. I love the HBOT factory lady, but seriously, I went to bed the other night chanting "Crispy, crunchy bunches. For breakfast, brunch. and lunches..." 

• Love 10
6 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

I feel that Ledia's family can't wait to get rid of her.  I think they are quite aware of how weird and scary she is.

I agree she’s scary, comes across cray, and seems all sorts of twisted. The way I see it...

THIS IS ERIC: 

AND THIS IS LEIDA: 

And I ship it. 💛

• Love 5
19 hours ago, liammaam said:

Speaking of seatbelts:  WHY DO LARISSA AND COLTEE WEAR THEIR SEATBELTS LIKE IDIOTS?!?  Also, the car windows are clearly rolled up, so bullshit on the AC "storyline."

Production requires that the windows are rolled up during scenes filmed in the car, because otherwise the wind noises overwhelm the sound. 

• Love 8
49 minutes ago, Adrienne2729 said:

Production requires that the windows are rolled up during scenes filmed in the car, because otherwise the wind noises overwhelm the sound. 

You would think sweat would be rolling down their faces.  Isn’t the reason we don’t leave kids and pets in cars is that it gets dangerously hot very quickly with the windows up?

• Love 6
8 hours ago, JennyMominFL said:

Eric is what 40+ and he served 8 years. He’s been out for at least a decade. He may very well be depressed, but  I dont think that is the reason why

I agree with you.  I think he has always been miserable.

7 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

So I don't spend much time at a gym but is it normal for people to make loud sex noises while lifting weights? How about guys creepily lurking over said girls making sex noises while working out? Lol. 

I used to live next door to a YMCA and would run over everyday to work out.  I loved that their rules included:  Wear workout clothes like you are working out in a place of worship and conduct yourself as if in a place of worship............  I used to ride stationary bikes too cool down with an actual Lion and Tiger (brothers) and they did not grunt and carry on.  I loved that place.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

You see.  We have nothing bad to say about Hazel and Annie.  Those two will make it work and they are desperately escaping poverty.

Annie’s parents will never receive another water buffalo and Hazel will never bring her son to America.... but, they look like hustlers.

Leida, won’t even carry her own suitcase up a flight of stairs.  No explanation given.  She is just a brat!  Hello!  You are home.  Not at a hotel.  😂 

Which is why I have no sympathy with the lump she is choosing to marry lol. 

With Hazel, her parents giving their approval to marry was a joke. They are, without question, living in poverty. So Net Shirt was going to get permission to marry her no matter what he said or did. Hazel is their ticket to the U.S. (maybe) and at the very least, a source to money wires once she gets here. I do empathize (slightly) with Hazel and her parents.

With Miss Dr. President, her sister kept bringing up that they wouldn’t allow her to stay if their expectations weren’t met. Yet Eric disappointed them at every turn, and her parents still allowed her to stay. Their motives aren’t as clear as to why they let everything slide, but none the less, their vetting of the future spouse was a strict as Hazel’s parents. Which was not at all lol. 

• Love 7

I’ve gotten the impression that Leida was using the threat of her parents forcing her return to Jakarta in order to light a fire under Eric’s ass. Maybe she thought he was downplaying his situation and that he had a stash of cash and just needed the threat of losing her to break it out. I also think she has convinced him that they can parlay this show into big money with some get rich quick internet schemes.... Cohen-Rosen and drawing penises on pictures isn’t going to bring in much internet traffic. 

• Love 5

Can I just state how GRATEFUL I am that I woke-up this morning as my normal Eric-loathing self?

(It seriously creeped me out how much sympathy I had for him last night. Bleuuuugh...) 😖🤮

16 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

Yes!  I was thinking what is this family telling their affluent wealthy high society friends back in Indonesia?

They must be lying and saying it is all fake for TV. 

Probably looking for fame in Indonesia.  Daddy can get on a doctors show, etc.

Leida really has no true reaction to anything.  If she was truly pampered no way she stays in that disgusting apartment and  would accept dad’s money for a nicer place.

Dorothy Wang....Leida is NOT!

HITCHCOCKIAN PLOT-TWIST: There are no "high-society" friends. LOLOLOLOL.

IDK if it's because I'm possibly-on-the-spectrum (and undiagnosed) but I didn't really understand how other Indonesians viewed Leida until I told my girlfriends about her (and my friends acted as a sounding-board for me).

Indonesians can see right through her and see she's not what the show is portraying her to be. My friends had a terrible opinion of her. I even felt sorry for her for a while...

Plus, I heard people get paid about US$500 per person per episode on this show. Why would a "well-respected" family (say, even if they're formerly-"old money", but currently broke) risk their reputations for that sort of money? You can make more than that quietly running a legit business in Jakarta.

And let me tell you something about the classist/elistist/racist entertainment industry in Indonesia: When casting for advertisements/TV shows, they actually classify actors (human beings) by social class.

"A-Class" would mean someone who "looks upper-middle to upper-class", a "B-Class" actor would be someone who looks "middle to lower-middle class", and the "classes" would go down to C or D, IIRC. The A-Class ones would be the ones who look mixed-raced (lighter skin, pointier nose—it’s the leftover racism you get from colonialism).

I remember the most shocking thing thing was they would tell you: "Picture yourself in a department store, if you look like you'd belong as a customer, you're Class-A, if you look more like you work there, then you're Class-C" (I was startled when I first heard this rule of thumb—I WAS SHOOK). So a casting notice would read something like, "Seeking A-Class actress (25-35) for high-end product, yada-yada..."

Think about how messed-up that is for a moment.

Even in "classist" England, the same actor who played a butler/maid on "Downton Abbey" might get to play a king on "The Hollow Crown" at some point in their career. In America, you have Claire Danes playing a "shopgirl" to noble Juliet to "Homeland" asskicker.

But in Indonesia you're confined by what ‘social class’ you “LOOK” (and that's how you get "typecast"—by class). Indonesia can be a cruel, cruel, classist place.

So, I can see the incentive to establish herself as someone who's considered "wealthy" BY Americans, but what's the point when back home everyone knows you're just like the rest of us? (AND I KNOW SHE KNOWS IT.) But her being classist/elistist toward Americans in America, I promise you, is not winning her fans at home or abroad. And you can't even forgive her for being so desperately thirsty because she's just not that nice. She's made it very hard for others to root for.

She's saying people who live in the country are considered "poor", complaining about an apartment many Indonesians would be grateful to have been given (and it's NOT "Tall Poppy Syndrome", but more like they feel insulted by what she says).

4 hours ago, iwasish said:

I’ve gotten the impression that Leida was using the threat of her parents forcing her return to Jakarta in order to light a fire under Eric’s ass. Maybe she thought he was downplaying his situation and that he had a stash of cash and just needed the threat of losing her to break it out. I also think she has convinced him that they can parlay this show into big money with some get rich quick internet schemes.... Cohen-Rosen and drawing penises on pictures isn’t going to bring in much internet traffic. 

When she pisses off people back home in Indonesia, the backlash will be EPICALLY CRUEL.

Just take the classist formula I just described above on the Indonesian entertainment industry and multiply that by 10 (with a sprinkle of anger of all the people she's offended when she calls people who live in the country are "poor" when she's not all that herself).

14 hours ago, Mothra said:

Leida ironically seems most USA-normal in her clothing, given that she is from such a wealthy and successful family.  I'd have thought she'd be in silk sarongs day and night.

Nah, she's pretty accurately dressing the part she's playing (that is if she's going for upper-middle class, and not "Crazy Rich Asians").

For a while I couldn't put my finger on who she reminded me of...

And then I remembered she dresses like my 50-something upper-middle class Aunt who's Livin' it Large in the Burbs of Jekarduh (SHE'S GOT A POOL, LARISSA! LMAOOOO).

My Aunt wears the EXACT same baggy "decent woman" blouses. She even wears the EXACT same narrow-framed, thick-rimmed glasses (which I side-eyed HARD on a *SPOILER* thread). I KID YOU NOT! Except my Aunt would carry designer bag.

She's got the wardrobe for the role’s social class right, but she's not dressing her age group for some reason?

(I just CAN'T for the life of me figure out why Leida's dressing 2 age groups above her age—I wonder if she's trying to overcompensate for the "Sons of Anarchy" tattoo? PERSONALLY, if I were to play the part of the "unassuming-intellectual-who-wants-a-career-in-medicine-but-is-secretly-a-famehoe", I'd just get me a bottle of the Kat Von D foundation/concealer).

The "silk sarong" you described is formal wear, that would be like dressing in black-tie attire to a casual, everyday-life "meet the parents" situation. You wouldn't wear a cocktail dress/ball gown to the foodcourt.

What I did expect, if they really are who they're portrayed to be on the show, was more designer stuff... Not necessarily ostentatious MONOGRAM! PURSE! or GINORMOUS! GUCCI! BUCKLE, but something more subtle/low-key like those items only the purse nerds/fashionistas can ID (then again, maybe they were wearing some but I couldn't ID anything because I'm not familiar with designer items). It's not about being a labelwhore, but since she's whining about everything Eric offers her, you'd think she'd be one of those "appreciate-the-craftsmanship-of-a-handsealed-Chanel-bottle" types. Eh.

16 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

You see.  We have nothing bad to say about Hazel and Annie.  Those two will make it work and they are desperately escaping poverty.

Annie’s parents will never receive another water buffalo and Hazel will never bring her son to America.... but, they look like hustlers.

Leida, won’t even carry her own suitcase up a flight of stairs.  No explanation given.  She is just a brat!  Hello!  You are home.  Not at a hotel.  😂 

I FELT BAD FOR HAZEL AND ANNIE!!!!

IDK if she's said anything about this one the show (yet) so I'm going to write this under a spoiler cut:

Spoiler

Back when I still had enough sh*ts to give about her to watch her bits and look-up her social media, I went on her Instagram to check out her "cosplay craftwomanship" (you know, since she goes around claiming she's an actress/model/cosplayer/doctor). And I found nothing? Just photos of her and Eric posing by cardboard cutouts at Comic-Con entrances, but no actual photos of her in costume.

I don't cosplay myself (I prefer "character roleplaying", because I just can't deal with fundamentalist-fanboys yelling "THAT'S NOT CANON!" at me) but I know that cosplaying involves crafting actual costumes from scratch and I could NOT believe she's applied herself to create something like that. I just couldn't bring myself to believe it. It takes real skill to make those costumes (I even get an impression half of the people who do it are aspiring costume designers displaying their work).

If there are in fact legit cosplayers and they have proof that they made a costume, I apologise.

But the woman won't even carry her own suitcase, so eh...

Edited by CSS.MD
Why does this forum double-post? 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Love 5
On 11/19/2018 at 7:23 AM, configdotsys said:

I got a very scary vibe from Steven when he said, “I’m telling you right now, you’re not gonna be an asshole to me.” Combined with the looks he was giving her and telling the camera “I don’t like being told what to do,” I got the feeling that he might smack her.

I got that feeling also. We all did. Steven was standing over her, folding his arms, glaring at her and intimidating her. While she's in bed from her C-Section. It was a scary side of him.

He seems to have real "daddy issues."  His father died young or wasn't there for him, and he therefore has this emotional obsession with being a good/perfect/totally committed father that he never dad.

When she asked him to wash his hands after touching shoes and before touching the newborn baby, she kind of had a point.  And he knew she had a fair point. He should have just rolled his eyes and washed his hands again.

But he couldn't admit she was right, because to him, accidentally forgetting to wash dirty hands before touching baby = "I'm a terrible father."

It was a similar reaction to the Russian nurses who told him he couldn't be in the delivery room. Most American dads would have said "I'd like to be there, but I'll respect their rules, and if I can't, then I can't."  Not Steven. It was imperative that he be in the delivery room to prove to everyone that he's a great father.

I think if you encountered Steven on a bus and said "You're an ugly loser high school drop out," he'd laugh it off. But if you said "Excuse me your son's nose is running, maybe you should wip"-- BAM! Steven's gonna punch you. Because he never got to play catch with his dad.

Edited by gavinmac
  • Love 12
On 2018-11-19 at 3:48 PM, iwasish said:

But I likeE the biggieE ringE.

I literallty laughed out loud at that little nugget.

Thanks to Coltee, the hubs (who almost never watches with me but did the other night) and I have now dubbed the show "90 Day Return Policy ".

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Spike said:

You would think sweat would be rolling down their faces.  Isn’t the reason we don’t leave kids and pets in cars is that it gets dangerously hot very quickly with the windows up?

How long are these scenes in the car again? I think they’re pretty short (and notice how they’re edited). Maybe they have “window breaks”?

• Love 1

@Dance4Life Owh my Ghaaaad... You've just put Dorothy Wang on my radar: 

The vocal frrraeeeh...

I caaaaahn’t... 😂🤣🤣🤣

She can’t even put on her own makeup because she’s had professional MUA’s living in-house since she was in preschool?

I think she’s pretty funny, by the way.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, CSS.MD said:

How long are these scenes in the car again? I think they’re pretty short (and notice how they’re edited). Maybe they have “window breaks”?

They drive with the windows up?  Well heck!  Colt should roll them down and say. Just like convertible car. Sex-ee car!

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, CSS.MD said:

@Dance4Life Owh my Ghaaaad... You've just put Dorothy Wang on my radar: 

The vocal frrraeeeh...

I caaaaahn’t... 😂🤣🤣🤣

She can’t even put on her own makeup because she’s had professional MUA’s living in-house since she was in preschool?

I think she’s pretty funny, by the way.

Omg! Whaaaat?  Dorothy Wang is GOAT!  True life Crazy Rich Asian.  Her dad is a billionaire who owns all of China. (He is a Hadid type, rags to riches story, too).

The reality show aired some time ago on E!  It was Rich Kids of Beverly Hills. (?)

Dorothy didn’t flaunt her wealth in an obnoxious way.  She is so down to earth and funny.  She portrayed herself more like Cher from the movie Clueless. 

There was one episode when they were in China staying at a hotel.  She wanted to do a face mask.  She called Concierge in the middle of the night so they can open HER dad’s luxury department store. That is wealth! 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Dance4Life said:

Omg! Whaaaat?  Dorothy Wang is GOAT!  True life Crazy Rich Asian.  Her dad is a billionaire who owns all of China. (He is a Hadid type, rags to riches story, too).

The reality show aired some time ago on E!  It was Rich Kids of Beverly Hills. (?)

Dorothy didn’t flaunt her wealth in an obnoxious way.  She is so down to earth and funny.  She portrayed herself more like Cher from the movie Clueless. 

There was one episode when they were in China staying at a hotel.  She wanted to do a face mask.  She called Concierge in the middle of the night so they can open HER dad’s luxury department store. That is wealth! 

OMG I can’t wait for Leida to piss off someone important/influential like that in Jakarta!!!! 😱😂🍿🤣

Someone who grew up in the country with a rags-to-riches story of their own.

17297731-977F-42E1-8C4A-6E6AA240092C.jpeg

• Love 3
On 11/19/2018 at 1:30 AM, gingerella said:

As a white person, I will never dismiss another person's racial experience, and I think to do so is what leads us to a place where people aren't allowed to have their feelings, and others dismiss situations because it's not their perception. I personally saw a lot of the blurred out people looking in their direction and looking at them walking around in that marketplace so yes, I saw people looking at them. If one is used to being in a majority, then suddenly finds themselves to be the only person of their race in a huge area, that can feel very uncomfortable. I have been the only white person for miles around in some African countries I've worked in, and walking around a crowded market with people staring at me because I'm a different color is not a fun experience, it's very uncomfortable to be looked at as different, or 'not from around here', as it were. It would be lovely if color didn't matter but it does, and to be black in a predominately white locale in America right now? I personally think Jay's crazy, no visa is worth that, IMO, YMMV.

They were being followed around by a camera,  lighting crew and a producer. That's unusual, and I'm sure the people were looking at them thinking, "who are these people?  Are they celebrities?  Are they on a TV show?  Why all the fuss for these two? ". I doubt the looks had anything to do with race, and if the cameras and crew were not following them around no one would notice them or give a crap.

• Love 12
6 hours ago, CSS.MD said:

There is always much more filming than is shown.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

They were being followed around by a camera,  lighting crew and a producer. That's unusual, and I'm sure the people were looking at them thinking, "who are these people?  Are they celebrities?  Are they on a TV show?  Why all the fuss for these two? ". I doubt the looks had anything to do with race, and if the cameras and crew were not following them around no one would notice them or give a crap.

LOL. When I was smoll, I thought all TV was “reality” (documentary). 🤷🏻‍♀️ Like, I’d watch “Star Trek” reruns and I’d believe it was really people on a spaceship with camera people following them around. 😂 I wasn’t a very bright child. I’d watch cereal ads and see Aladin’s genie pop out of the box, and I’d wait and wait until a genie came out of mine (never). 🤣

I wised-up, eventually... 🥤

• Love 9
On 11/19/2018 at 4:31 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

I think she is actually rather young.

When I was 19, I remember throwing a hissy fit and throwing a rock through my boyfriend's car window because I had to work the night of his fraternity formal and he wanted to take a friend.  (definitely a friend, as opposed to a "friend")  Looking back at it now, it makes me cringe.  We probably all have cringe-inducing memories of ourselves at 19!  (although not necessarily felonious memories, I admit)

Edited by Pink-n-Green
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, CSS.MD said:

What I did expect, if they really are who they're portrayed to be on the show, was more designer stuff... Not necessarily ostentatious MONOGRAM! PURSE! or GINORMOUS! GUCCI! BUCKLE, but something more subtle/low-key like those items only the purse nerds/fashionistas can ID (then again, maybe they were wearing some but I couldn't ID anything because I'm not familiar with designer items). It's not about being a labelwhore, but since she's whining about everything Eric offers her, you'd think she'd be one of those "appreciate-the-craftsmanship-of-a-handsealed-Chanel-bottle" types. Eh.

Appreciated your insights about everything in your post.  My only comment/observation is that Leida appears to have a "designer" tattoo on the outside of her left hand/wrist.  I think it's Gucci, but I'm not all that familiar with designer items, either.  (Except for my 3 Michael Kors purses, purchased before I retired . . . when I had more disposable income.)  Pretty sure that little tattoo was a lot less expensive than my purses.  It may give the impression that she knows about classy stuff, but most of the "designer" bags, etc., can be knockoffs . . . showy, but fake.  Just like Leida.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Appreciated your insights about everything in your post.  My only comment/observation is that Leida appears to have a "designer" tattoo on the outside of her left hand/wrist.  I think it's Gucci, but I'm not all that familiar with designer items, either.  (Except for my 3 Michael Kors purses, purchased before I retired . . . when I had more disposable income.)  Pretty sure that little tattoo was a lot less expensive than my purses.  It may give the impression that she knows about classy stuff, but most of the "designer" bags, etc., can be knockoffs . . . showy, but fake.  Just like Leida.

It would be interesting to see if the wealthy (other than celebs) have embraced tattoos to the same degree as middle and lower income people.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Lily247 said:

LOL, I have never willingly stepped inside a gym--but now that I am a full metal old lady, I make noises like Fernanda when I get up off the couch!

10 hours ago, Awfarmington said:

With Miss Dr. President, her sister kept bringing up that they wouldn’t allow her to stay if their expectations weren’t met. Yet Eric disappointed them at every turn, and her parents still allowed her to stay. Their motives aren’t as clear as to why they let everything slide, but none the less, their vetting of the future spouse was a strict as Hazel’s parents. Which was not at all lol. 

"Miss Dr. President" made me laugh very loudly. 

Its interesting--you state, correctly, that Leida's parents allowed her to stay. Both Kalani and Leida are under their parents' thumbs, or seemingly desperate for their approval. Both woman are almost 30 years old! And they are trotting their chosen partners before their families like some sort of show pony, in the hope of winning their approval, and moreover, their permission! I just don't get this. Yes, its nice if your family likes your chosen spouse. But to say "I hope they let me stay" or "I hope my family will allow me to marry" just seems odd. 

• Love 7
17 hours ago, gunderda said:

Larissa has kids?????? 

They are living near or in PA Amish country too so Jay isn't the only one getting stared at.  Or everyone is just wondering how she suddenly acquired a black teenage son. 

Larissa has either 2 or 3 kids.  One lives with a relative of the child's father, and one lives with a relative of Larissa's.  She said she "plans" to bring one over, but only one (the one living with her relative).  It's been alleged there's a 3rd kid - not sure if that was confirmed.

Interracial couples are not unusual here, so I'd be fairly sure they were being looked at because of the camera crew.  Camera crews are not the norm here.  And people were fuzzed out because you have to sign a waiver to be on TV, and there were just too many people there.  People were fuzzed at the Reading Terminal Market too.

I'm not going to say racism doesn't exist here, because it does, but I'm not in a position to speak on that.  I have been stared at, discriminated against, etc, but not for racial reasons, so I tend to not discuss it because I have no true perspective on it.  But I will say this - Ashley could have done a much better job of trying to make him feel comfortable as he gets used to this area.  As someone else mentioned, there is a market on the West Shore that may have been more suited to him, as they have Carribean offerings.  There are also some big markets in York, and a really big awesome one in Allentown (my husband's hometown), neither of which is super far away.  Both of those cities are much more ethnically diverse than Lemoyne, where she took him.  Plus the market in Allentown has New York Pickle Company - their pickles are amazing.  She could also try to do a little more to calm his fears.  I would hope that once they get settled, she would look in to relocating to a different part of the greater HBG area, where he would feel a little more at ease.

Sadly, the area where Melanie and Devar live is not immigrant friendly.  I still fear a little for him.

Edited by funky-rat
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, Spike said:

The living room was pretty desolate for hoarders.

True.  Maybe they got rid of everything in the living room by moving it into bedrooms.  If they were serious about allowing Larissa to "decorate" as she wished, maybe that spurred them to give her a blank slate.  But you're right--real hoarders would've provided her with a pathway to decorate, not an empty room.

OTOH, where did those snowmen come from?  It's possible they were a welcoming new purchase, but they could as likely have come from a dusty box that had sat, unopened, for years at the bottom of piles of shit.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Lily247 said:

I'm into fitness. I work out about six times a week, including weight lifting. No one at any gym of which I've been a member has made sex noises while working out, even at the meat-market-iest gyms I've been to. Sometimes if you're struggling behind a weight you might grunt and a lot of people "whooo!" at the spinning classes I take, but sex noises, those are not. That was 100% performative attention-seeking behavior. She denied that she wanted attention; she was lying. Jonathan loved it. She was a status symbol for him in that moment.

Edited by Empress1
switched "of" and "at" to make more sense
  • Love 17
5 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I'm into fitness. I work out about six times a week, including weight lifting. No one of any gym at which I've been a member has made sex noises while working out, even at the meat-market-iest gyms I'v been to. Sometimes if you're struggling behind a weight you might grunt and a lot of people "whooo!" at the spinning classes I take, but sex noises, those are not. That was 100% performative attention-seeking behavior. She denied that she wanted attention; she was lying. Jonathan loved it. She was a status symbol for him in that moment.

I spend a lot of time working out too and I have never heard someone make sex noises when lifting.  Fernando was loving the attention of it. 

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

LOL, I have never willingly stepped inside a gym--but now that I am a full metal old lady, I make noises like Fernanda when I get up off the couch!

Its interesting--you state, correctly, that Leida's parents allowed her to stay. Both Kalani and Leida are under their parents' thumbs, or seemingly desperate for their approval. Both woman are almost 30 years old! And they are trotting their chosen partners before their families like some sort of show pony, in the hope of winning their approval, and moreover, their permission! I just don't get this. Yes, its nice if your family likes your chosen spouse. But to say "I hope they let me stay" or "I hope my family will allow me to marry" just seems odd. 

Once there’s a baby on your breast, parental permission is sort of a moot point. 

• Love 3
On 11/19/2018 at 6:16 PM, Stacee said:

All he ever mentions is how much money his girlfriend's parents have. 

He talks about it like he scored some big prize (which he didn't) but on the flip side, he rejects it like it hurts his male pride. 

He shows off Leida like she is a trophy to boost his ego but at the end of the day, I don't think it's ever going to help with the sadness of his life. The life he is envisioning having her in his life isn't going to happen. That woman is just going to make it worse. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Pink-n-Green said:

When I was 19, I remember throwing a hissy fit and throwing a rock through my boyfriend's car window because I had to work the night of his fraternity formal and he wanted to take a friend.  (definitely a friend, as opposed to a "friend")  Looking back at it now, it makes me cringe.  We probably all have cringe-inducing memories of ourselves at 19!  (although not necessarily felonious memories, I admit)

Jon will be dealing her tantrums for a long time to come because that is what happens when you propose to a 19 year old girl.  He will cave to her all the time just to avoid the tantrum.

She may grow up, get an education and out grow Jon the Man Boy.

• Love 1

If Leida's father had real money, he would have swooped into Baraboo like King Jaffe Joffer, rejected the apartment, and offered to but them the biggest home in town. Instead, he offered to pay one or two months of rent. 

Her parents aren't that rich. Which is fine, but they shouldn't be making Eric feel like crap because he's less rich than they are.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I stole if from Fresh Off the Boat, her son is planning on being a doctor and the president 😉. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, gavinmac said:

If Leida's father had real money, he would have swooped into Baraboo like King Jaffe Joffer, rejected the apartment, and offered to but them the biggest home in town. Instead, he offered to pay one or two months of rent. 

Her parents aren't that rich. Which is fine, but they shouldn't be making Eric feel like crap because he's less rich than they are.

I think Eric's idea of what is considered "rich" (like someone with a real couch not an inflatable sofa) might be skewed. Leida says her parents are rich, that might mean that they each have good jobs and make a nice income and it's not old family money.  I don't think Father Leida was trying to make Eric bad, it seemed like a genuine offer to help with a quick fix, after all it is for his daughter and grandchild.  

Leida might be lying to herself about her actual family wealth and if Eric knew there was a monetary difference early on he should have been very honest about his level of lifestyle.

Nothing says let's build a life together but start it with some lies.

Either way, someone will be disappointed.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

I think she said on the show that they didn't have enough time for her family to get their visas approved to come for their wedding.

I thought it was the lack of money? You could be right, tho.

3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

My only comment/observation is that Leida appears to have a "designer" tattoo on the outside of her left hand/wrist.  I think it's Gucci, but I'm not all that familiar with designer items, either.  (Except for my 3 Michael Kors purses, purchased before I retired . . . when I had more disposable income.)  Pretty sure that little tattoo was a lot less expensive than my purses.  It may give the impression that she knows about classy stuff, but most of the "designer" bags, etc., can be knockoffs . . . showy, but fake.  Just like Leida.

The tattoo you're thinking of is "CC" for Coco Cohen. She has another one that's "325" and another that says "leidaniel."

OMG it would be beyond tacky for someone to get a designer's logo tattoo'd on themselves!

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, gavinmac said:

Just because someone has money, doesn’t make them obligated to support their grown children.  I know lots of wealthy parents who feel that their children need to make their own way.   They can afford to buy them homes but chose not to.   My family has money, I don’t expect them to support me or give me money.   

It is Eric’s responsibly to support his family, not Leida’s father.   Clearly, Eric can barely support himself and catfished Leida.   If I was Leida’s father, I would be furious with Eric and be a lot more vocal than what was shown on TV.

I didn’t get the feeling that Leida’s parents were trying to make Eric feel bad.  They were concerned about the living conditions of their daughter and, more so, their grandson.  If I were them, I’d feel the same way and not be so nice.  

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, gavinmac said:

The parents have not done anything to make Eric feel like crap.  He brought their daughter to a trashy, filthy apartment. There is one dirty single bed with nowhere for Leida and her son to sleep.

Eric made himself look and feel like crap.

• Love 19
22 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

I thought it was the lack of money? You could be right, tho.

The tattoo you're thinking of is "CC" for Coco Cohen. She has another one that's "325" and another that says "leidaniel."

OMG it would be beyond tacky for someone to get a designer's logo tattoo'd on themselves!

Okay, I get it that her "ex" is Daniel, so "leidaniel" is one tattoo.  What's "325" mean, and who is "Coco Cohen?

If Leida wants some place nicer she should just ask her parents for money and then tell what's-his-face that it's HER money and she would like to contribute to getting them a bigger and nicer place. 

Kid- has to pay rent and her own way

Fiance - has to be taken care of like a child

Things seem a little warped in this scenario....

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Kath94 said:

Okay, I get it that her "ex" is Daniel, so "leidaniel" is one tattoo.  What's "325" mean, and who is "Coco Cohen?

I googled "325 Tattoo" and came up empty.  Maybe it's someone's birthday (March 25)?  Not sure about Coco Cohen either.  I know Cohen is some made-up name she allegedly uses and part of her "Cohen Rosen" stuff.  When I see the "CC" logo, I think of Coco Chanel, but I haven't seen that tattoo.  Just the "leidaniel" one.

1 hour ago, LGGirl said:

Just because someone has money, doesn’t make them obligated to support their grown children.  I know lots of wealthy parents who feel that their children need to make their own way.   They can afford to buy them homes but chose not to.   My family has money, I don’t expect them to support me or give me money.   

It is Eric’s responsibly to support his family, not Leida’s father.   Clearly, Eric can barely support himself and catfished Leida.   If I was Leida’s father, I would be furious with Eric and be a lot more vocal than what was shown on TV.

I didn’t get the feeling that Leida’s parents were trying to make Eric feel bad.  They were concerned about the living conditions of their daughter and, more so, their grandson.  If I were them, I’d feel the same way and not be so nice.  

However if they were crazy rich it would be a social no no to have a family member knowwn to be living like that.

Supporting the prodigal daughter in an appropriate style is one of the cost of riches 

1 hour ago, gavinmac said:

Those living conditions are perfectly adequate and nicer than the home that 90% on Indonesians have. She's only going to be with him for two years until she gets a green card and job anyway.

Eric's apartment may be much nicer than one in a developing country, but I sure as hell wouldnt feel comfortable to have a 5 year old child sleeping on a (air mattress? Mat ? Quilt on the floor ?) To share a room with his mom and her new husband who he barely even knows. Icky to me. I just feel that any child deserves a clean, uncluttered home and a suitable place to sleep, and being from a poor country shouldn't lower expectations (which doesnt matter anyway, since Allesandro did not apparantly live in poor conditions). Its not really about the luxury of the home. This child is going to need a LOT of support from Leida since she is all he knows in the US -ESL classes at school to begin with, since he probably doesnt know a word of English yet, making friends, acclimating to his new life in a strange place. Kinda sad to me :/

I noticed how Eric said his home was adequate for a child because there were no broken wires sticking out anywhere. What a jackass. Those are the standard minimum requirements by CPS guidelines. 

• Love 7
18 hours ago, snarkish said:

On a side note, after watching this latest episode, THANK GOODNESS for DVR and fast forwarding for one main thing...the new Honey Bunches of Oats commercial. I love the HBOT factory lady, but seriously, I went to bed the other night chanting "Crispy, crunchy bunches. For breakfast, brunch. and lunches..." 

does it replace counting sheep? 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, AZChristian said:

My only comment/observation is that Leida appears to have a "designer" tattoo on the outside of her left hand/wrist.  I think it's Gucci, but I'm not all that familiar with designer items, either. 

There are designer TATTOOS? Do the tattoo artists need some kind of copyright to use a designer's logo or could I just take a Sharpie and draw two stylized interlocking C's on my arm and pass it off as Chanel? 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Kath94 said:

No idea.

2 hours ago, funky-rat said:

I googled "325 Tattoo" and came up empty.  Maybe it's someone's birthday (March 25)?  Not sure about Coco Cohen either.  I know Cohen is some made-up name she allegedly uses and part of her "Cohen Rosen" stuff.  When I see the "CC" logo, I think of Coco Chanel, but I haven't seen that tattoo.  Just the "leidaniel" one.

You can see three of her tats in this short clip from the show.