Type keyword(s) to search

Season 6 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

On 1/7/2019 at 11:49 AM, RealReality10 said:

So, I don't get why everyone was so mad about Colt and Larissa being late.  If they were just sitting around and waiting for them, I'd get it, but they were busy taping segments without them until they arrived.

I have watched the reunion shows for all sorts of trashy reality TV shows - bad girls club, real housewives, mob wives - and I know that they ALWAYS save the most dramatic characters for the end and they fill up the first part of the reunion shiw with boring filler.

Your first paragraph answers your question.  They weren't happy being the boring filler.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

LOL at tears and finger guns.....I liked Ansuelu until the tell all. There is something definitely off about that guy. I also don't see any chemistry or genuine affection between him and Kalini. The whole situation is odd. 

His eyes always seem bloodshot foo. The whites are pink.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Just glad I don't have to watch Ricky get that smarmy fake sad look on his face every time he got caught hurting a woman.

While walking around looking like a dork in his fanny pack.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Drogo said:

Sometimes people are just assholes.  I agree it does a disservice to those with an actual diagnosis to lump people behaving badly in with them, based purely on bad behavior.

I would imagine some people are both on the spectrum and assholes at the same time.

• Love 12
54 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

I would imagine some people are both on the spectrum and assholes at the same time.

If there's an Asshole Spectrum, Cole, Jonathan, Jay, Eric and Steven are all very "high functioning"

edited to add..l didn’t mean to leave the women off the list. IMO, everyone this season but Olga and Asuelu are somewhere on the Asshole Spectrum. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 9
On 1/8/2019 at 4:19 PM, Jennifersdc said:

She thinks it must be staged. I told her she underestimates how many Americans are willing to humiliate themselves for a chance to get on TV. It’s pathetic for them, but great for us! You must check out Nicole and Azan. Danielle and Mohammed 2.0. I’m explaining On Demand to my sister so she can catch up.

Oh - and don’t miss Love After Lockup. IMO - it may even be better.

And the new season of Married At First Sight just started!  It's snarkalious.

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, magemaud said:

If there's an Asshole Spectrum, Cole, Jonathan, Jay, Eric and Steven are all very "high functioning"

I fixed that for ya! I don't think you meant to say Steven is high functioning at anything, did you?

• Love 6
3 hours ago, magemaud said:

Eric's forehead crease matches his lips exactly! It looks like it could talk! image.thumb.png.dd918afa4d211f956c7eca6fccfae3ef.png

So you mean to tell me that with all the photo filters leida uses, she can't find one to fix Eric's forehead crease?  Selfish!

• Love 4
On 1/6/2019 at 11:20 PM, Dance4Life said:

She is sneaky, too......especially getting pregnant in America.

Really? I've seen nothing but graciousness from Olga.  I've found her to be lovely in every way. And I don't think she got pregnant on purpose. She's so young and probably made a reckless choice with birth control. I would love to trade her in Ritchie to come to the u.s. and let Steven go to Russia. I had such high hopes for both of them at the beginning, but Steven has become so controlling. And you treated Olga horribly after Richie's birth, he was rude to her and dismissive of her and clearly had no idea what she was going through as a new mom. I definitely like and respect Opga the most of all the 90-dayers.

• Love 19
On 1/7/2019 at 9:57 AM, PinkFlamingo said:

It was weird seeing Kalani staring off into space while slowly patting Aseulos leg like someone calming a child. I was thinking someone needs to hug that poor guy and then when Jon did I was cheering for that guy. 

Agreed.  I think Kalani is very self-centered and didn’t like the attention off of her.  Interesting that he financially supports his parents.  Puts it into perspective that Kalani, a spoiled princess who gets everything handed to her by her father, was complaining that the guy who lives in a hut with no walls and supports his parents and probably most of his siblings (I forget how many there are, but there are a lot) doesn’t buy diapers.  He should’ve done more financially for Oliver than he did, but given the huge disparity in their situations I think it was wrong of her to complain to her sister about it.  Kalani should’ve brought this up with Asuelu instead.

During the opening segments where they showed clips from the start of the season Steven was all dead eyes during the Olga flashback but the minute his flashback was shown his face lit up.  Steven comes off as a narcissist who only loves himself.

• Love 11
12 hours ago, spankydoll said:

Some sort of Green Acres/I Love Lucy/Overboard mashup with the kooky Indonesian Princess and the poor but brave and chivalrous war hero?

Tofutti....where are you when I need you?  Tofutti Cline?

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • Love 5

I don't think it's sad if Jon filed for bankruptcy. If he was stupid enough take trips and overspend to impress Fernanda and look like Mr. Big Shot Real Estate Guy, why should he get off the hook from that? Pay your fucking bills. I don't know if it's Chapter 7 or 13. I can understand filing Chapter 13 if your spending gets out of control because that has you paying your debts off, just in a planned out sort of way, but Chapter 7? Eff that. He's a young, able bodied guy that can work and should have to pay for his foolish overspending, not skate away from it. If the RE market in Lumberton is not bringing in enough cash, then-- to quote Judge Judy-- "AH-MOVE!" He posted on his Instagram last night: "What a difference a day makes. First week back to work. Feels good. 4 deals in the hopper and 2 closings this week."

A medical catastrophe or other event that there's no hope getting out from under is one thing. That is truly what Chapter 7 is for. This is something else entirely. 

• Love 11

^^ see that's how real estate can work, suddenly you have 2 closings, 4 deals in the hopper....money coming in!

Then you could have nothing for months.

Which is why it's smart, IMO for people in that business to have a steadier income source like rentals or something like that.  Or put the money someplace smart for the rainy months.

I'm sure he owns his house, which is a great start.  But I suspect he gets thar awesome lump sum of money and spends it on stuff.

Example, did you really need a Jeep for Fernanda to just sit in the driveway while she was in Mexico and couldn't drive it?

• Love 7
18 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

For someone to be a womanizer, don’t actual women need to be involved? If he had available women he wouldn’t be hitting up potential brides overseas. He does look better, I’m impressed he got rid of that dent but he still looks older than 40. He needs to work on that meth mouth next. 

Ashely should start a gofundme for a vibrater if she’s so hungry for the D. Heck, I’ll buy her one outright if she kicks jay to the curb.  But in one scene she’s was balking at how much sex Jay wants.  Is she really only 30 and has a 17 year old?  A lifetime of bad judgement. 

14 hours ago, Drogo said:

You'd be surprised how much room a 56D bra takes up in a carry-on. 

12 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I'm not one of those old lady professional bra fitters who can tell your size just by looking at you in a baggy shirt, but I'd guess that 56D is right on the money.

I'd worn a 56D (actually DD), in my very very heavy days.  You can put your head inside one of those cups easily, so no, Coltee doesn't have THAT big of a rack.  I'd peg him at a 38/40 B.

1 hour ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Tofutti....where are you when I need you?  Tofutti Cline?

I LOVE that movie!

• Love 3
15 hours ago, RealReality10 said:

Where is the tell all filmed?  

New York City. I know this only because we saw Colt and Larissa going through the Holland Tunnel.

I just watched Tell All part 1 today. Why were Coltee and Larissa late?  Aren’t there direct non-stop flights from Vegas to New York?  Why was Coltee complaining that he was traveling all day?  They must have gotten off on the layover and missed the flight to New York. I don’t blame the other couples for disparaging Coltee and Larissa. If they could make it on time so should C & L. Rude couple. 

My understanding was that the flight they took was on time, however at some point Colt and Larissa decided not to participate in the tell all. They skipped the flight they were booked on, changed their minds again and decided to come to NYC after all and caught a later flight. So even with that flight on time,  they were  going to be late.  

And yes, there are direct flights from NYC to Vegas and it is about five hours. 

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

Truer words have never been spoken. However the assholes on the spectrum will tell you they can't be held accountable for their asshole behavior because...spectrum. 

• Love 11
45 minutes ago, RealReality10 said:

Example, did you really need a Jeep for Fernanda to just sit in the driveway while she was in Mexico and couldn't drive it?

To catch the trophy fish you need a good lure 

• Love 7
17 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

Oh - Asuelu punching his own head is disturbing on second view. Maybe it’s to stop him from punching her. Honestly - if it was me, I’d probably be thinking about it.

The first time I’ve ever found Leida even slightly amusing is her reaction near the end.

That was truly disturbing to me and it makes me believe that rumor that he was fired from the resort for a physical altercation with the female coworker.

• Love 3
On 1/7/2019 at 3:33 PM, Drogo said:

That's one the tidbits from social media. 

Hmmm .. a lot of us fossils don’t know from Social Media.   I’m still struggling with my I- phone 6, lol.

• Love 7

Re: Jon's bankruptcy - maybe potential clients started to see the cradle robbing douchey realtor on TV and didn't want to hire him. 

Just like if I lived in LV I wouldn't want to hire the "Friendly" HVAC guy that shows extreme hostility toward women and believes it is OK to use a woman as a sex toy for 90 days and then send her back to her home country. 

• Love 23
36 minutes ago, NoWhammies said:

Truer words have never been spoken. However the assholes on the spectrum will tell you they can't be held accountable for their asshole behavior because...spectrum. 

Yeah, I've known a few that were that way.  All say they have Asperger's (not accusing them of faking, but I don't know them IRL, so I don't know their histories either).  All have been known to make all kinds of outlandish and/or nasty statements online, then say ""I have Asperger's - not responsible for what I say!".  We actually created a rule on a forum and named it after the one guy who was the worst about it. 

• Love 6
16 hours ago, gingerella said:
  19 hours ago, eatsleep said:
20 hours ago, gingerella said:

I'm sorry but this simply is not true. When I lived in Southern Africa region nearly all the households were female-headed and men went around impregnating women and being proud & loud about their abilty to get a woman pregnant but it was totally not expected that they would step up and actually be a parent, let alone give anything monetary to raise said child(ren), and most didn't. In fact, most kids I knew didn't know who their fathers were. Sure preachers preached 'family values' of a two parent home but those were/are 'Christian' values and didn't take into account the current social norms. Not saying I approved of that, but that's how it was. In other regions of Africa at that time, men were responsible fathers, just not in the region I was in. So no, it's not everywhere.

What specific culture was this?

That's not a culture. That's like saying , "I knew some deadbeat dads who lived in Brooklyn...."

I am asking were these ppl Bantu, Ibo, Masaai, Latuka, etc. What was the ethnic group?

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, NoWhammies said:

The law disagrees.  When someone commits a crime and is mentally disturbed, the plea/verdict is "Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity."  It doesn't mean they didn't commit a criminal act, it means they aren't responsible for their actions because they suffer/ed from a condition.  I don't think anyone here means to vilify the mentally ill or developmentally delayed. 

It can be tempting to diagnose people with conditions from what little we see of them, but reinforces the social stigmas long tied to mental illness and DD/ID:  "Special people are strange/violent/mean; I won't like someone who's Not Normal; They aren't really people like we're people." 

As far as this show and its participants, keep in mind: all of these people were/are living independently, taking care of themselves and in most cases others, are gainfully employed and either a) filed extensive paperwork to bring someone over or b) managed to get their asshole asses from another country to the States.  So it's safe to say the badly behaving people we are watching on 90DF are... just a bunch of assholes.

• Love 18
18 hours ago, Honey said:

You mean the Larissa with the dead tooth, and the bad skin?  Yeah, I don't see any natural beauty.  She gross.  Inside and out.

Dead tooth?? I'm going back to look LOL

On 1/7/2019 at 7:05 PM, bravofan27 said:

John declared bankruptcy recently. He clearly can't afford his lifestyle and living on borrowed time. Colt sets limits and lives within his means. 

Did he actually file a petition w/ the court for relief? Or did he just verbally declare, "I'm bankrupt!"? Like "tell her to stop asking me for shit!" LOL

14 hours ago, spankydoll said:

Jonathan may have declared bankruptcy to prepare for his impending divorce. 

Does anyone think Fernanda, a k1 bride who doesn't even have a permanent green card, would be awarded anything in a divorce? Not trying to be snarky! i'm genuinely curious how filing would help him. Could she be awarded alimony or would they just stop the permanent green card?

And was it ever directly said that he BOUGHT the  house they moved into when she got here? Or did he just rent a bigger place?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, RealReality10 said:

and an apartment for her? and pay for her college? and Amazon Prime? AND BEWBIES FFS! 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, magemaud said:

and an apartment for her? and pay for her college? and Amazon Prime? AND BEWBIES FFS! 

As @Raja said, you need a good lure if you want to catch the big mouth bass and I consider those boobies more of a gift for him that is going to backfire horribly.

But yeah, tuition, apartment, unlimited Amazon access and a car you can't even drive?  

Im kinda surprised her parents were okay with all that.  Especially if he met her when she was like 16,  the ick factor seems high.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Drogo said:

The law disagrees.  When someone commits a crime and is mentally disturbed, the plea/verdict is "Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity."  It doesn't mean they didn't commit a criminal act, it means they aren't responsible for their actions because they suffer/ed from a condition.  I don't think anyone here means to vilify the mentally ill or developmentally delayed. 

Come on now! No one w/ Aspergers uses that defense! 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, configdotsys said:

I don't think it's sad if Jon filed for bankruptcy. If he was stupid enough take trips and overspend to impress Fernanda and look like Mr. Big Shot Real Estate Guy, why should he get off the hook from that? Pay your fucking bills. I don't know if it's Chapter 7 or 13. I can understand filing Chapter 13 if your spending gets out of control because that has you paying your debts off, just in a planned out sort of way, but Chapter 7? Eff that. He's a young, able bodied guy that can work and should have to pay for his foolish overspending, not skate away from it. If the RE market in Lumberton is not bringing in enough cash, then-- to quote Judge Judy-- "AH-MOVE!" He posted on his Instagram last night: "What a difference a day makes. First week back to work. Feels good. 4 deals in the hopper and 2 closings this week."

A medical catastrophe or other event that there's no hope getting out from under is one thing. That is truly what Chapter 7 is for. This is something else entirely. 

I could not agree more!  I had neighbors who lived the high life with kids in private schools.  Ended up foreclosing the house.  Thanks for fucking up our home prices b/c you didn't live within your means!

5 minutes ago, RealReality10 said:

Im kinda surprised her parents were okay with all that.  Especially if he met her when she was like 16,  the ick factor seems high.

This could be anecdotal, but when I worked in a Mexican restaurant, we had tons of Mexican workers, including a mother-daughter team.  The daughter was 16 and dating a 38 year-old.  It was not treated by the mom or any of the Mexican workers as though this was problematic.  I think the age of consent is 12 in Mexico.

• Love 3

Re: ansuelo.  I don't know, he seems really slow to me, but yes, he was smart enough to put himself in a relatively sweet situation.  If he can handle being hated by kalanis family, he will have a reasonable life.

Her family is clearly going to be a safety net so he is never going to be on the street.  Neither of them have a job and they continue to make children, so her family is going to shoulder the financial burden.  No one seems to really trust him to do the heavy parental lifting and he apparently needs a chaperone to watch his own child, so he doesn't even have bear the burden of being the primary caregiver for the children that they keep making.

Objectively, it's not a bad situation, so I could buy him playing stupid.

BUT, that bizarre behavior at the end of the tell all?  That seemed like....something.

• Love 9

What is the backstory on the Colt masturbation video?   I saw someone said he posted it.  If true, where and why?  Has Larissa commented on it?  Seems like he has a decent job to lose, in addition to a small and ugly ding dong, so why would he post it for everyone to see?

• Love 8
1 hour ago, eatsleep said:

That's not a culture. That's like saying , "I knew some deadbeat dads who lived in Brooklyn...."

I am asking were these ppl Bantu, Ibo, Masaai, Latuka, etc. What was the ethnic group?

Igbo/Ibo are West Africa, Masai are East Africa, and Latuka are South Sudan, so NE Africa. Those are not the region I'm talking about, and no, I'm not going to call out specific countries here. In Southern Africa cultural and social norms are far more common across country borders, as opposed to other regions of the continent where each country may have cultural/social norms very specific to that country or region of that country. And that's all I'm going to say about that as it relates to this show.

As for the show, we the viewers place a lot of our American values and social norms on the foreign partner of these couples but we never see them actually discussing cultural/social/religious norms much if at all, and that's something I'd like to see more of in the future, assuming TLC gives a shit about improving this cesspool of drama and poor parenting. Why not show us discussions between Kalani and Asuelu about what will be expected of him in America. For example, what the fuck is he going to do to support his family? There can't be that much money in Samoan traditional dancing as a head-of-household income generating activity. And when will Kalani get off her ass and get a job too. She acts like being pregnant is a disease for which slothfulness is the only cure. She can work her phone pretty well, I'm sure she can get a home-based job as a customer service rep or something like that. These people are societal leeches.

1 hour ago, Drogo said:

It can be tempting to diagnose people with conditions from what little we see of them, but reinforces the social stigmas long tied to mental illness and DD/ID:  "Special people are strange/violent/mean; I won't like someone who's Not Normal; They aren't really people like we're people." 

As far as this show and its participants, keep in mind: all of these people were/are living independently, taking care of themselves and in most cases others, are gainfully employed and either a) filed extensive paperwork to bring someone over or b) managed to get their asshole asses from another country to the States.  So it's safe to say the badly behaving people we are watching on 90DF are... just a bunch of assholes.

Sometimes an asshole is just an asshole.

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 11

I haven't commented much this season, I guess I was saving it up for the Tell All!

Steven/Olga-if what I have been reading in social media about Olga is true, she survived a horrific childhood and had a traumatic experience only a few years ago. Both her parents and her older sister suffered from mental illness and she was mostly raised in a religious cult. At the very least she must be suffering from PTSD. I hope she has had therapy. I hope Steven can be a positive influence in her life because I think the stress of raising a baby alone may be too hard for her and her good friend lives in another town. I think she is sweet and level headed but she needs people in her life.

Jon/Fernanda-I am generally meh on these two but I am not comfortable for saying he was grooming a young school girl. He met her on the same websites all of the others meet on-one where young woman pose in sexy lingerie to try to get a sugar daddy. Where were her caring parents when she demanded a boob job and money? I would probably think my 19 year old was too young to get married, but she is not a child.

Kalani/Aseulo-I don't find her all that likable but I also don't think she is abusive. She had a bad moment in the car when he took the child out of the car seat, but it doesn't make her abusive. I think he is developmentally challenged but at the same time opportunistic. He wanted to find someone to support and send money home to his parents. I think Kalani realizes she is stuck with a man child but feels trapped. As for her not working, sometimes it is hard to find a job which covers child care and sometimes mothers don't want to leave their child with strangers. One of them need to work but I don't agree that Kalani needs to be the one to work because it will kill Aseulo's soul. He wanted to come to this countryand he could have refrained from having sex with tourists if he was concerned about losing his soul in America.

Colt/Larissa-I find him repulsive but i think the two of them are an act designed to get social media followers. The calling the police might be real but I'm convinced everything else is fake.

Sad Sack and Leida-Don't understand these two at all. Surely she as a rich doctor (Lol) would have asked to see pictures of where she would be living, inquire about his family situation etc. I think she is a bit on the crazy side and he will take anyone who will have him.

• Love 6
54 minutes ago, gingerella said:

There can't be that much money in Samoan traditional dancing as a head-of-household income generating activity. And when will Kalani get off her ass and get a job too. She acts like being pregnant is a disease for which slothfulness is the only cure.

Can we have a comment of the day?  Because I think this is it.

• Love 11

I have also come to the recent conclusion that something is not quite right with Kalani.  Since I have spent most of the season watching her & Asuelo's scenes cringing with my hands covering my eyes or on mute or changing the channel because I died a little bit every time Asuelo spoke or began to dance, I didn't spend too much time concentrating on her.  She was basically just a very large Kardashian-sounding head of hair to me.  Upon further observation, something is not right.   There is no there there.  She acts like I do when I am on cold medication.  Is she heavily medicated?  Has she had some concussions?  (How would they know, under all THE HAIR?)  Is it an IQ thing?  Because apart from the weirdly slow crying, Girlfriend has been just way too super chill in all of her scenes.  Her flatlined  vocal fry doesn't help matters.  Last nail in the whole "The lights are on but no one's home" theory for me was when Asuelo is sitting beside her BARKING and she just sits there with no reaction or response.  Except petting his knee like a therapy dog.

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 20
19 hours ago, Lellend said:

so he can follow me around and say “SHHHH!” whenever someone annoys me. 

Me too but he has to yell "Slut people! " every once in awhile

18 hours ago, lucy711 said:

Asuelo's constant tears, and then his strange outsburst when there was arguing going on now makes me wonder if the Asuelo is violent and got fired b/c of an altercation with a female employee at the resort is actually true.

I think he has Aspergers

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

I have also come to the recent conclusion that something is not quite right with Kalani.  Since I have spent most of the season watching her & Asuelo's scenes cringing with my hands covering my eyes or on mute or changing the channel because I died a little bit every time Asuelo spoke or began to dance, I didn't spend too much time concentrating on her.  She was basically just a very large Kardashian-sounding head of hair to me.  Upon further observation, something is not right.   There is no there there.  She acts like I do when I am on cold medication.  Is she heavily medicated?  Has she had some head concussions?  (How would they know, under all THE HAIR?)  Is it an IQ thing?  Because apart from the weirdly slow crying, Girlfriend has been just way too super chill in all of her scenes.  Her flatlined  vocal fry doesn't help matters.  Last nail in the whole "The lights are on but no one's home" theory for me was when Asuelo is sitting beside her BARKING and she just sits there with no reaction or response.  Except petting his knee like a therapy dog.

There is something off with her through my eyes.  She is acting like the girls from "Unexpected" except she is THIRTY.   Is getting a job and supporting yourself that "out there" for you as THIRTY YEAR OLD???

1 hour ago, gingerella said:

She can work her phone pretty well, I'm sure she can get a home-based job as a customer service rep or something like that. These people are societal leeches.

Sing it, sister!!!  (or brother!!!)

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Booger666 said:

What is the backstory on the Colt masturbation video?   I saw someone said he posted it.  If true, where and why?  Has Larissa commented on it?  Seems like he has a decent job to lose, in addition to a small and ugly ding dong, so why would he post it for everyone to see?

Do we know it was really Colt? Can you see his face?

It's small and ugly? Wow, I'm shocked. LOL Larissa, you lied to us.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, gingerella said:

Igbo/Ibo are West Africa, Masai are East Africa, and Latuka are South Sudan, so NE Africa. Those are not the region I'm talking about, and no, I'm not going to call out specific countries here. In Southern Africa cultural and social norms are far more common across country borders, as opposed to other regions of the continent where each country may have cultural/social norms very specific to that country or region of that country. And that's all I'm going to say about that as it relates to this show.

As for the show, we the viewers place a lot of our American values and social norms on the foreign partner of these couples but we never see them actually discussing cultural/social/religious norms much if at all, and that's something I'd like to see more of in the future, assuming TLC gives a shit about improving this cesspool of drama and poor parenting. Why not show us discussions between Kalani and Asuelu about what will be expected of him in America. For example, what the fuck is he going to do to support his family? There can't be that much money in Samoan traditional dancing as a head-of-household income generating activity. And when will Kalani get off her ass and get a job too. She acts like being pregnant is a disease for which slothfulness is the only cure. She can work her phone pretty well, I'm sure she can get a home-based job as a customer service rep or something like that. These people are societal leeches.

Sometimes an asshole is just an asshole.

So putting The Learning back into TLC. I am afraid that ship was torpedoed and sank many years ago.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Drogo said:

Yeah - I don't feel people aren't responsible for their behavior because of a "condition." Narcissism and psychopathy are diagnosed conditions, as well, but people who commit crimes (or act like a-pipes) with these conditions are still responsible for their behavior and choices. And someone with high functioning spectrum stuff is still capable of discernment, modeling "theory of mind," etc. My comment was more a bitter statement about someone I know on the spectrum who refuses to hold himself accountable for being an asshole because he's on the spectrum. I'm pretty sure he can still choose not to be one. No free passes, in my opinion. Adults are 100 percent responsible for their choices. These jerks choose to be assholes and are accountable for that regardless of any diagnosis they may or may not posses. I believe diagnoses may help explain behaviors, but they sure as hell don't excuse them. 

4 hours ago, funky-rat said:

Yeah, I've known a few that were that way.  All say they have Asperger's (not accusing them of faking, but I don't know them IRL, so I don't know their histories either).  All have been known to make all kinds of outlandish and/or nasty statements online, then say ""I have Asperger's - not responsible for what I say!".  We actually created a rule on a forum and named it after the one guy who was the worst about it. 

Yep - I know several people like that, too. "I can treat you any way I want because Asperger's, and you can't be mad about it because Asperger's." Nope. I acknowledge it is more of a challenge for someone with Asperger's to have to always try to conform to neurotypical standards, and people on the spectrum should have safe spaces where they don't have to feel the pressure of having a Linux operating system in a OSX world, but regardless there still need to be protocols and interfaces developed (both by neurotypical people and people on the spectrum) so the two operating systems can communicate, treat each other with mutual respect, and co-exist without acting like a dick. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, booboopbedoo said:

Me too but he has to yell "Slut people! " every once in awhile

I think he has Aspergers

As Drogo previously pointed out, that is no longer a thing.

From Web MD:

Doctors used to think of Asperger's as a separate condition. But in 2013, the newest edition of the standard book that mental health experts use, called The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5), changed how it's classified.

Today, Asperger's syndrome is technically no longer a diagnosis on its own. It is now part of a broader category called autism spectrum disorder (ASD). This group of related mental health issues shares some symptoms. Even so, lots of people still use the term Asperger's.

• Love 3