Type keyword(s) to search

Season 6 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

28 minutes ago, Spike said:

As Drogo previously pointed out, that is no longer a thing.

From Web MD:

Doctors used to think of Asperger's as a separate condition. But in 2013, the newest edition of the standard book that mental health experts use, called The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5), changed how it's classified.

Today, Asperger's syndrome is technically no longer a diagnosis on its own. It is now part of a broader category called autism spectrum disorder (ASD). This group of related mental health issues shares some symptoms. Even so, lots of people still use the term Asperger's.

It's still a commonly used term. And ppl w/ aspergers often use that name.

But no matter what you call it (aspergers or high functioning autism) I just love that Colt is showing so many traits...juxtaposed against Larissa. Comedy!

Edited by eatsleep
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, gingerella said:
16 hours ago, magemaud said:

If there's an Asshole Spectrum, Cole, Jonathan, Jay, Eric and Steven are all very "high functioning"

I fixed that for ya! I don't think you meant to say Steven is high functioning at anything, did you?

Okay, how about "high while (somewhat) functioning" for Stevie Pot Socks?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, NoWhammies said:

Yeah - I don't feel people aren't responsible for their behavior because of a "condition." Narcissism and psychopathy are diagnosed conditions, as well, but people who commit crimes (or act like a-pipes) with these conditions are still responsible for their behavior and choices. And someone with high functioning spectrum stuff is still capable of discernment, modeling "theory of mind," etc. My comment was more a bitter statement about someone I know on the spectrum who refuses to hold himself accountable for being an asshole because he's on the spectrum. I'm pretty sure he can still choose not to be one. No free passes, in my opinion. Adults are 100 percent responsible for their choices. These jerks choose to be assholes and are accountable for that regardless of any diagnosis they may or may not posses. I believe diagnoses may help explain behaviors, but they sure as hell don't excuse them. 

Yep - I know several people like that, too. "I can treat you any way I want because Asperger's, and you can't be mad about it because Asperger's." Nope. I acknowledge it is more of a challenge for someone with Asperger's to have to always try to conform to neurotypical standards, and people on the spectrum should have safe spaces where they don't have to feel the pressure of having a Linux operating system in a OSX world, but regardless there still need to be protocols and interfaces developed (both by neurotypical people and people on the spectrum) so the two operating systems can communicate, treat each other with mutual respect, and co-exist without acting like a dick. 

I would question that. I think I that those with Asbergers (or whatever it's called now) wouldn't use it as an excuse because they simply don't realize that they are behaving badly.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Gobi said:

I would question that. I think I that those with Asbergers (or whatever it's called now) wouldn't use it as an excuse because they simply don't realize that they are behaving badly.

I guess that's your experience. Mine is that a person with diagnosed Asperger's (dx before it was changed to spectrum) repeatedly treated me terribly. When I asked later if he realized he was behaving badly and treating me poorly, he said "yes. I just didn't care that I was." And then he looked me in the eye and told me I couldn't blame him because he was on the spectrum. And while maybe blame wasn't necessary, I also don't have to put up with it and neither does anyone else.So I was speaking from experience. I recognize others may have had different experiences. 

4 minutes ago, NoWhammies said:

Edited by NoWhammies
3 minutes ago, NoWhammies said:

I guess that's your experience. Mine is that a person with diagnosed Asperger's (dx before it was changed to spectrum) repeatedly treated me terrily. When I asked later if he realized he was behaving badly and treating me poorly, he said "yes. I just didn't care that I was."

Yes, the person I know who may have something, simply doesn't understand that some things he says he shouldn't.

• Love 3
Just now, Gobi said:

Yes, the person I know who may have something, simply doesn't understand that some things he says he shouldn't.

Yeah - that's a thing for sure. But just like traits are on a spectrum, so is the awareness of how they are behaving and how acceptable that behavior is. Anyway - moving on. :)

• Love 2
5 hours ago, RealReality10 said:

Re: ansuelo.  I don't know, he seems really slow to me, but yes, he was smart enough to put himself in a relatively sweet situation.  If he can handle being hated by kalanis family, he will have a reasonable life.

Her family is clearly going to be a safety net so he is never going to be on the street.  Neither of them have a job and they continue to make children, so her family is going to shoulder the financial burden.  No one seems to really trust him to do the heavy parental lifting and he apparently needs a chaperone to watch his own child, so he doesn't even have bear the burden of being the primary caregiver for the children that they keep making.

Objectively, it's not a bad situation, so I could buy him playing stupid.

BUT, that bizarre behavior at the end of the tell all?  That seemed like....something.

Heck maybe he's only the sperm donor for the grandchildren they all wanted!  Little Oliver is a sweet boy!

• Love 1

^^oliver is a very sweet little boy.  

As long as ansuelo can put up with the disrespect from kalanis ENTIRE family (except mom) he has a pretty good situation.  

Apparently no one really has a job and he can't watch the baby alone.  He can just hang out and eat Cheetos with kalani.

Edited by RealReality10
  • Love 2

About a fourth of my career in mental health has been working with people on the spectrum. I can assure everyone here that being a jerk is not a symptom nor in any way associated with having ASD. Please associate anectodal experiences with the person and not the disorder, as doing the latter only hurts others who are also on the spectrum. Discrimination is real, don’t perpetuate it. 

Edited by Lellend
  • Love 18
4 hours ago, eatsleep said:

Do we know it was really Colt? Can you see his face?

It's small and ugly? Wow, I'm shocked. LOL Larissa, you lied to us.

He has those socks on that look like the cats nibbled on the top, and he's daintily arching his foot like he did in front of the mirror while he was  getting dressed for their wedding.

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

He has those socks on that look like the cats nibbled on the top, and he's daintily arching his foot like he did in front of the mirror, while getting dressed for their wedding.

For some reason it's those little details that make it sound 20x worse.

38 minutes ago, Arthur Jury said:

Reminds me of Curb Your Enthusiasm episode when Larry "pretends" to be "on the Asperger's spectrum" in order to gain sympathy.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=youtube+larry+david+pretends+to+be+on+the+spectrum&docid=608014685900899833&mid=D1EF4CAA55A1B3280AD3D1EF4CAA55A1B3280AD3&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

LOL, that was hilarious.  For some reason I have a hard time watching CYE episodes, but clips are so funny.

14 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

He has those socks on that look like the cats nibbled on the top, and he's daintily arching his foot like he did in front of the mirror, while getting dressed for their wedding.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, RealReality10 said:
27 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

The disgusting cottage cheesy thunder thighs are also a dead give away...Blech. I think if I want to lose weight I'll just think of this...DisGusTing.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Cementhead said:

There is no there there.  She acts like I do when I am on cold medication.  Is she heavily medicated?  Has she had some concussions?  (How would they know, under all THE HAIR?) 

Ever see the movie "Get Out?" Is she in the sunken place?! Maybe some old WASP wanted to invade the body of a fertile BBW with good hair??

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Jon/Fernanda-I am generally meh on these two but I am not comfortable for saying he was grooming a young school girl. He met her on the same websites all of the others meet on-one where young woman pose in sexy lingerie to try to get a sugar daddy. Where were her caring parents when she demanded a boob job and money? I would probably think my 19 year old was too young to get married, but she is not a child.

Fernanda’s parents turning a blind eye or even encouraging their child to enter a relationship with a grown ass man doesn’t justify Jon intentionally seeking out a 16 year old while he was 30. Nor do skimpy clothes. The onus was on Jon to leave the 16 year old alone.

I’m quite comfortable calling out creepy grooming behavior.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, gingerella said:

The disgusting cottage cheesy thunder thighs are also a dead give away...Blech. I think if I want to lose weight I'll just think of this...DisGusTing.

It's the thought of the "dainty arching foot" that just really puts it in a whole different category of gross than any video of someone's "self love" would be.

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

Do we have proof they had a relationship when she was 16? According to the couple themselves, they met when she was 18. That is a legal adult.

At 1.5 years waiting for the K1 visa approval, there stands a chance she was 17 when the process started. So how long did they date prior to that?

It’s Evelyn and David all over again.

• Love 5

Jon and Fernanda say they met when she was 18 and received her visa when she was 19 1/2. I don’t know them personally but calling someone a pedophile can ruin their life and I’m not willing to do that if the woman in question is saying it isn’t true. 

• Love 6

Jonathan is not a pedophile at all IMO. Fern is as savvy as they come.  Both are incredibly vain fame whores. The problem is that in order to truly love someone and allow yourself to be loved, you need to look beyond just yourself and superficial desires.  Neither can do that.  The "relationship" was just an accessory. Someone to put by Jon's side to say "look what I scored!" And Fern to come to the U.S. and fulfill the deep ambition to model and seek out z-list fame. 

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

And yes, there are direct flights from NYC to Vegas and it is about five hours. 

All the round trips that I've taken from NYC to Las Vegas have been direct. Between JFK and LaGuardia, I reckon that there are at least half a dozen direct flights between the two cities, daily. 

I will be very disappointed if Leida and Steven aren't held accountable for their behavior in Part 2 of the reunion.

When Asuelo was rocking and hitting his head, he reminded me of "Rain man". As others have theorized, if he is not autistic, then he is most likely on the spectrum.  Kalini's family treats her like a child; and based on some of choices, I am beginning to wonder about her too.  

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

Jon and Fernanda say they met when she was 18 and received her visa when she was 19 1/2. I don’t know them personally but calling someone a pedophile can ruin their life and I’m not willing to do that if the woman in question is saying it isn’t true. 

Ephebophiles aren’t pedophiles. They are still creeps. I’m also not willing to take the words of people who have every reason to lie because they know the age difference looks bad. Of course, there’s an easy way to avoid such speculation: don’t date the barely legal when you’re in your 30s. And don’t do so while on reality tv.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, brillia79 said:

Ephebophiles aren’t pedophiles. They are still creeps. I’m also not willing to take the words of people who have every reason to lie because they know the age difference looks bad. Of course, there’s an easy way to avoid such speculation: don’t date the barely legal when you’re in your 30s. And don’t do so while on reality tv.

I believe their relationship was 99% fake from the beginning and wss concocted purely to get on the show and be on tv. That was always the vibe I got especially from her. 

Never mentioned modeling, but as soon as the season is over they are separated so dhe can model. Hmm. She would have known from day 1 that she cannot model from Lumberton, NC and that he cant leave his job there. All a game.  

• Love 6
On 1/8/2019 at 10:47 AM, bravofan27 said:

More things I've learned on Social Media:

1) Johnathan recently declared bankruptcy

2) Leida only agreed to date Erik if he would agree to be on the show (this he admitted during a joint interview with a newstation)

3) Erik's ex-wife did an interview and said Erik drinks too much and is a womanizer. Ledia appartently called the Jenica dumb and slow and now and Jenica doesn't want to spend time there. The ex is not going to let Jenica go over there anymore. (Erik would have to take her to court to get custody, they only have a verbal agreement).

4) Leida tried to get a boyfriend to adopt her son before she came to the US so she could be kid free, and she didn't want her parents to raise him

5) Leida's son can't speak because she never taught him and he spent all his time with baby-sitters in Japan and they ignored him

6) Steve has a Gofundme account to pay for Olga and the baby

7) Larissa has two kids from two ex-boyfriends. One was adopted by an aunt, and the other is with her dad

8) Ashley has lupus

4)  Why is this no surprise? Poor Aless. Ignored by his caretakers and unwanted by his mom. She barely pays him any attention now. How tragic. Same for Larissa's kids, it seems. There are two people who'd better never ever say, "My children are my life." I wonder what Leida has against her parents raising him.

2) Also not surprising, given Sad Sack, but sounds fishy. Why would TLC take on a couple who hasn't even dated yet?

Thanks for sharing all these things from media. It helps to get a better picture of what these couples are all about.

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

How the hell do you go bankrupt as a realtor? He must suck at it, because all the ones I know are living in nice houses and driving nice cars.

Same way you go bankrupt in any profession.. spending more than you earn. 

• Love 20
4 hours ago, renatae said:

Erik's ex-wife did an interview and said Erik drinks too much and is a womanizer.

Wow - bloated, broke, can't afford an apartment without his teen daughter helping, a gigantic crease across his head that looks like it is gonna talk and a total sad sack......gee I gotta get to Baraboo, NOW!

9 hours ago, Adeejay said:

When Asuelo was rocking and hitting his head, he reminded me of "Rain man". As others have theorized, if he is not autistic, then he is most likely on the spectrum.  Kalini's family treats her like a child; and based on some of choices, I am beginning to wonder about her too.  

Sped teacher here - I have never caught an ASD vibe from Asuelo, he just seems very chill and young for his age, like he needs to grow up some.  Okay, maybe grow up A LOT.  Kalani - she is just straight up spoiled, entitled and waaaaay too enmeshed with her family.  She seems very immature too - I am used to seeing females act like her on tc but they are 16 or 17 not 30.

• Love 12

I would have commended what's her name for nursing her baby during the tell-all, IF she had done it for more than 10 seconds, or maybe with editing it was 20 seconds, it was not enough for that kid to get filled up, so It's like she only did it so she could whip out her huge tit on national television.

She's an idiot, and I bet you everything she cooks has long black hairs in it.  Do something with that mop of nasty hair.

• Love 8
Just now, Honey said:

I would have commended what's her name for nursing her baby during the tell-all, IF she had done it for more than 10 seconds, or maybe with editing it was 20 seconds, it was not enough for that kid to get filled up, so It's like she only did it so she could whip out her huge tit on national television.

Some experience living with a nursing mother after 2 babes... There's no way the kid was carried off as peacefully as he was if he wasn't full.  

• Love 7
Just now, Drogo said:

Some experience living with a nursing mother after 2 babes... There's no way the kid was carried off as peacefully as he was if he wasn't full.  

Yeah, I don't think he was hungry to begin with.  He wasn't fussing or crying, in fact, he was smiling at Jon, she just wanted to show her goods.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Honey said:

Yeah, I don't think he was hungry to begin with.  He wasn't fussing or crying, in fact, he was smiling at Jon, she just wanted to show her goods.

When you’re that big, the goods get swallowed up by the surrounding blubber.

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, Honey said:

She's an idiot, and I bet you everything she cooks has long black hairs in it.  Do something with that mop of nasty hair.

I agree on the hair and I am very liberal and progressive in nature- pro breastfeeding in public, do what ya gotta do. BUT...... Judgy McJudge over here- we have seen Kalani breastfeed on on camera on demand for HER demand, not necessarily the baby's demand. I think she does it at times to avoid confrontation and to serve herself for sympathy and to avoid an awkward convo. Who is going to hassle a new Mom about any gripe WHILE she is feeding the baby? Nobody. Her father has them all programmed to not say shit even if they had a mouthful of it. That is my beef with her breastfeeding on screen for the tell all. It was for herself not the baby.

Let me now miss another opportunity to say that   Father Kalani is a dangerous individual and an ass.  Dysfunction junction forever. 

• Love 9
15 hours ago, Gobi said:

13 hours ago, Lellend said:

About a fourth of my career in mental health has been working with people on the spectrum. I can assure everyone here that being a jerk is not a symptom nor in any way associated with having ASD. Please associate anectodal experiences with the person and not the disorder, as doing the latter only hurts others who are also on the spectrum. Discrimination is real, don’t perpetuate it. 

I personally didn't say they were all that way.  I believe I said I knew a "few" who were like that - all were members of a large internet forum I belonged to a while back, and was an admin for a time.  They all would behave badly, make inappropriate comments, etc.  I understand that people with Aspergers have issues with social ques -  I get that 100% - but there were others we suspected but never confirmed they had it, and if we talked to them, told them they needed to be more aware, etc, they were generally pretty good about it.  One was a really nice person, but had a habit of posting their address, addresses of friends, and using inappropriate emoji (like a laughing face when someone said their mother passed away).  She had issues with her dad and also posted on that thread that she was jealous because she wished her dad would die....soon.  With her, we put her on a thing where her posts were moderated, and we corrected issues before they went out, and she never noticed they were edited.  But there were three that stood out, and I'm 100% convinced they were raised by parents who told them that nothing was their fault because they had Asperger's.  One would go around berating anyone who didn't treat people he thought were "fellow Aspies" (his term) with kid gloves.  One person came to me in private and confirmed they had it, but didn't appreciate his outing them.  Some came to me and said they didn't have it, and didn't like him saying they did.  The second one was constantly reporting other posters for things they said that she didn't like.  She reported people who said they were atheists.  She would private message me and demand I remove these people from the forum.  Any attempt to get her to calm down would bring a barrage of 4 letter words.  If you threatened to suspend her, she'd remind you she had Aspergers, and she had legal protection.  When she surfaced on FB, I blocked her.  She was private messaging friends of friends to tell them how horrible they were.  The last one was a nice guy on the surface, but he would be prone to fits of just being out and out rude to people, and any blowback would get replied to with "I have Asperger's and I'm not responsible for what I say".  He eventually changed his signature to "Asperger's....not responsible for my actions".  So no, I don't judge all people with the same brush, but there are some who make their fellow people look bad by comparison.

1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Sped teacher here - I have never caught an ASD vibe from Asuelo, he just seems very chill and young for his age, like he needs to grow up some.  Okay, maybe grow up A LOT.  Kalani - she is just straight up spoiled, entitled and waaaaay too enmeshed with her family.  She seems very immature too - I am used to seeing females act like her on tc but they are 16 or 17 not 30.

Kalani is this season's Chantal.

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

Kalani is this season's Chantal.

Yes!!  That is so true - sorry I never picked up on that before.  Way too old to be making stupid decisions, waaaaay too enmeshed with your family and waaaaay overly concerned about their approval.

• Love 5

Not willing to throw Kalani under the bus for the breastfeeding as if it was just for attention. If my baby hadn't seen me for a while they would want to nurse, but then it turned out, oh they weren't 'hungry', just re-connecting, done, moving on... so I can't go there with her. Although, I did always throw a cover over us if out.

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Yes!!  That is so true - sorry I never picked up on that before.  Way too old to be making stupid decisions, waaaaay too enmeshed with your family and waaaaay overly concerned about their approval.

And waaay too eager to create drama by throwing her fiancée under the bus.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, brillia79 said:
  22 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Jon/Fernanda-I am generally meh on these two but I am not comfortable for saying he was grooming a young school girl. He met her on the same websites all of the others meet on-one where young woman pose in sexy lingerie to try to get a sugar daddy. Where were her caring parents when she demanded a boob job and money? I would probably think my 19 year old was too young to get married, but she is not a child.

I thought for sure they said they had met in person at a nightclub when he was visiting Mexico. Was that a lie?

Edited by eatsleep
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Lily247 said:

I believe their relationship was 99% fake from the beginning and wss concocted purely to get on the show and be on tv. That was always the vibe I got especially from her. 

Never mentioned modeling, but as soon as the season is over they are separated so dhe can model. Hmm. She would have known from day 1 that she cannot model from Lumberton, NC and that he cant leave his job there. All a game.  

ITA. Jon is really cute and has that frat boy kind of charisma. He could have his pick of the litter (almost) in Blubberton or whatever that city is. And to keep it 100% real, he strikes me as the type who prefers White American women, the White sorority kind, as that's what his closest friends are. I really cannot see him going thru a year and a half k1 process for a Mexican build-a-bear type who only looks good from 5 feet away and under a couple pounds of make up. And I think he would be INSTANTLY grossed out by her tantrums and jealousy and histrionics.

5 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Sped teacher here - I have never caught an ASD vibe from Asuelo, he just seems very chill and young for his age, like he needs to grow up some.  

The ~only~ Aspergers vibes I get from Asuelu are 1) the unusual sing song voice and the 2) sensory overload meltdown when the other guests were raising their voices. But nahhhh, I wouldn't arm-chair-diagnose him AS/high functioning autism. I don't think he's smart enough to have AS.

3 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I agree on the hair and I am very liberal and progressive in nature- pro breastfeeding in public, do what ya gotta do. BUT...... Judgy McJudge over here- we have seen Kalani breastfeed on on camera on demand for HER demand, not necessarily the baby's demand. I think she does it at times to avoid confrontation and to serve herself for sympathy and to avoid an awkward convo. Who is going to hassle a new Mom about any gripe WHILE she is feeding the baby? Nobody. Her father has them all programmed to not say shit even if they had a mouthful of it. That is my beef with her breastfeeding on screen for the tell all. It was for herself not the baby.

Let me now miss another opportunity to say that   Father Kalani is a dangerous individual and an ass.  Dysfunction junction forever. 

Wow never heard of someone "pleading the breast" to avoid self incrimination! LOL

But gosh, what could anyone really confront her about? Yes, she and Asuelu are dumb but since when is that against the law or anyone else's business? What's Shaun Robinson going to say? "Explain to us now, Mrs. Asuelu, why you are pregnant!"? LOL

Edited by eatsleep
  • Love 8
15 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

a Mexican build-a-bear type who only looks good from 5 feet away and under a couple pounds of make up.

I'm literally crying at my desk right now.  Actual tears running down my face.  Gasping to breathe.  My coworkers can't tell if I need medical attention or I'm laughing at something they won't understand.  Mexican build-a-bear.  I'm dyingggggggg hahahahahaha

• Love 19
8 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

How the hell do you go bankrupt as a realtor? He must suck at it, because all the ones I know are living in nice houses and driving nice cars.

You must know a small circle of realtors!  Very few get wealthy off it and there are a lot that have regular jobs and do it for supplemental income.

When my mom worked in real estate, there were only a couple in her office that lived well off real estate.  The rest were people that didn't have college degrees and thought this was their easiest ticket to big money.  And they were barely scraping by and would ultimately give it up.  The only people that stayed other than those who were wealthy from it were the ones who did it part-time or the former stay-at-home moms who had husbands that were the bread winners.

Just like people think all attorneys are wealthy, there are a lot of attorneys that are barely making it -- same thing with realtors.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 13
12 minutes ago, Spike said:

Does anyone have a link that supports that Jon filed for bankruptcy?  

I've been scouring for this as well and have only seen mention on reddit that there is a tax lien but no BK. Not sure if that's accurate either.

• Love 1

I have a friend similar to Jon in looks, charm and success. He is also probably the sweetest man I know. He is forever scouring the V.S. runway for dates. His perfect girl is straight off the runway, in the afternoons she teaches yoga on a private beach and she is also a helicopter pilot and somehow manages to never get past 30. As soon as he is done showering her with gifts (BMW) and taking her on unbelievable dates (floor seats to Justin Timberlake) she moves on. He does all these things to "woo" women and he is sincere. They get what they can and move on the the next guy because she has those options whereas he does not - moved past 40, now he has a kid, refuses to date within his means. There are plenty of established attractive women his age but he is too busy chasing the Fernanda's of the world. He is always lonely and forever being used. Now that Toys R Us is out of business perhaps Jonathan can start dating someone with which he is equally yoked.

Edited by Boofish
  • Love 14