Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 9/17/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

14 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

You could tell that the table was growing impatient with her, Chuck Schumer included. Abby was twisting herself into a pretzel trying to poke holes in the timeline of the accuser's story... It wasn't that hard to comprehend. 

And I'm not surprised at all that TX stripped Hillary Clinton and Helen Keller from their history curriculum. 

What I found insulting was that she tried to hide her commentary behind this notion that she believes that the victim should be heard. If you believe that the victim should be heard, then why did you spend the entire segment trying to steamroll the conversation about the victim's story and make it about the political motives of the Democrats?

• Love 24
1 minute ago, Former Nun said:

Some day, if your boobs resemble Whoopi's or MINE, you will also stick "with the no bra thing."   The girls feel heavier when they're trapped.   Unless I know I'll be "caught" I try to sneak outside without a bra.

Oh no.  That sounds awful.  I take it all back!  No more bra judgement from me.  But, Former Nun, you would wear one for an hour a day to host a tv show though, right?  Am I right?  lol.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, debbie311 said:

Exactly!  Why send the letter if you don't want anything done?  I don't get it!

This is what I got.  The victim didn't want her name mentioned or her identity traced, but thought the information needed to get to the right people.   It's not that she didn't "want anything done."  I worry about her career now that she has ticked off someone who will definitely be appointed to the Supreme Court.

• Love 15
8 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

This is what I got.  The victim didn't want her name mentioned or her identity traced, but thought the information needed to get to the right people.   It's not that she didn't "want anything done."  I worry about her career now that she has ticked off someone who will definitely be appointed to the Supreme Court.

I believe she is very credible, and was in a tough spot.  I just think that unless her identity was revealed, as it is now, nothing would have happened.  

I still have hopes that he will have to withdraw.

• Love 19

I agree with Whoopi that it wouldn't have mattered what time this came out, it would've received the same response from vile people like Abby who don't give a sh*t about a woman who's been raped (or attempted rape), considering they're salivating over Kavanaugh in the hope they can destroy women's rights in the first place.

Besides that, nothing much else to say about today's show. I was already all smiles from the get-go just knowing that the-asshole-who-shall-not-be-named wasn't there.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 21
21 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I find Schumer to be weak and ineffectual. Plus, I did not like how he did not defend a colleague of his. So, I am not enthused by him at all.  He did some things recently that really pissed people off.  I cannot go into it because it would be off-topic. 

Right there with you on both points. As for the first, WHOOSH!, SPLAT! Threw him right under the bus. No hearing. I'm also pissed about the other thing you allude to. 

I like Sally Field. I really like her. 

Can't stand Kelly Clarkson.

• Love 4

At first I thought I was hearing incorrectly, but after paying great attention, I've noticed that the show's announcer has a very strange way (IMO) of pronouncing Abby's first name.  Have always thought it was pronounced as it looks, with the "A" sounding as in "apple"..."AAA-be".  However, as she's being intro'ed on the tape, announcer pronounces it "Ob-be", which seems all kinds of wrong.  Anyone else pick that up?

So Meghan's off this week too?  I'm thinking breakdown and treatment.

• Love 6
55 minutes ago, AdeleDazeem said:

I like Sally Field. I really like her. 

Can't stand Kelly Clarkson.

Didn't see the show, but I've always liked Kelly, although she can be overly bubbly.  What did she do today?  I can take Sally or leave her, depends on what kind of a day I'm having.

3 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

it would've got the same response from vile people like Abby who don't give a sh*t about a woman who's been raped 

Yikes, is that what Abby said?

• Love 3

The Brett Kavanaugh discussion was annoying. I don’t mean any offense, but the panel and Chuck Schumer were copping pleas for the accuser and Diane Feinstein. I don’t care how credible she seems, the world doesn’t revolve around Dr. Ford, and Senate Democrats don’t get a pass on the shady optics of it all because they’re advocating for a so-called victim. Ok, she wanted her story out there but wanted to keep her anonymity? Uh, how about no? Why should this man have to defend himself against an anonymous victim with an accusation of misconduct from thirty-five years ago? The whole “women should be able to come forward whenever, wherever, and however they want” thing that Chuck was saying is fine until you remember, you know, other people exist and kinda matter too. 

Abby wasn’t the most articulate, but I thought she was at least trying to make a decent point about this being so last minute. 

• Love 2

Abby is driving me crazy. She says it was political yet no explanation why. So dense she cannot understand Feinstein received her letter in July. And honored Ford's request yet referred it to the FBI. Over and over and over again.

She is like a statue sitting there. And monopolizes the time by not listening....just babbling the latest GOP headline.

Abby really needs to prepare for the show. I don't recall her ever referring to blue cards or siting sources for "her view."

I am also thinking Meghan is not well. She is not tweeting - very silent on life. IMO she is not as strong or tough as her eulogy said about what she learned from her father. And as she said while on the show. I hope she gets help.

• Love 15

Abby’s super shiny hair is distracting, but not as distracting as her robotic way of thinking and speaking. 

But the hair is reallly distracting too.

I’m enjoying every second Meghan has to recooperate/stay away/mourn. More please! I don’t think she will return on any day other than Monday, so let’s celebrate her non-return for another week! When she’s back, I’m out.

• Love 18
15 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

How many times do they have to explain to Abby that Kavanaugh's accuser didn't want the information to come out? Hard of hearing, much?

Dude! I was screaming at the TV and it took everything in me not to tweet her with "WTF don't you understand about respecting a person who's shared something in confidence with you enough to not repeat the information without their consent?" 

I really don't understand how a grown A$$ woman doesn't get this! 

• Love 14
11 hours ago, 27bored said:

I don’t care how credible she seems, the world doesn’t revolve around Dr. Ford, and Senate Democrats don’t get a pass on the shady optics of it all because they’re advocating for a so-called victim. Ok, she wanted her story out there but wanted to keep her anonymity? Uh, how about no? Why should this man have to defend himself against an anonymous victim with an accusation of misconduct from thirty-five years ago? The whole “women should be able to come forward whenever, wherever, and however they want” thing that Chuck was saying is fine until you remember, you know, other people exist and kinda matter too. 

Have to go along with you there!  I wonder how many people accurately remember parties they went to 35 years ago, esp when everyone is a little drunk.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, 27bored said:

Ok, she wanted her story out there but wanted to keep her anonymity? Uh, how about no? Why should this man have to defend himself against an anonymous victim with an accusation of misconduct from thirty-five years ago?

Perhaps she KNEW he was her attacker and she somehowhoped that when he heard that someone had presented her case, he might admit it and apologize?  After all, his character seems to be above and beyond most others'.

2 minutes ago, SrOfficial said:

Have to go along with you there!  I wonder how many people accurately remember parties they went to 35 years ago, esp when everyone is a little drunk.

I agree, but don't those same people remember they went to those parties and WERE more than a little drunk?  Why deny every aspect?

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Tunia said:

At first I thought I was hearing incorrectly, but after paying great attention, I've noticed that the show's announcer has a very strange way (IMO) of pronouncing Abby's first name.  Have always thought it was pronounced as it looks, with the "A" sounding as in "apple"..."AAA-be".  However, as she's being intro'ed on the tape, announcer pronounces it "Ob-be", which seems all kinds of wrong.  Anyone else pick that up?

So Meghan's off this week too?  I'm thinking breakdown and treatment.

I paid attention this morning & I believe you're right about how she's pronouncing Abby's name.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, rickhurst3186 said:

You may not remember EVERYTHING but I'm certain forced sex probably wouldn't  be something you would forget.  Maybe that's just me.

If  he was able to try to do it then he damn well probably was able to remember it.  Are we now going to have the defense of "I was too drunk"?  Because that defense doesn't work for women when they are drunk and raped so it sure as fuck better not work for a man who was drunk and raped someone (or even tried to rape someone).

• Love 19
16 minutes ago, rickhurst3186 said:

You may not remember EVERYTHING but I'm certain forced sex probably wouldn't  be something you would forget. 

The victim will never forget.  The "forcer" will claim that he/she remembers no such thing...and that becomes their history.  We hear too often that someone turns into a different person when he/she is drinking/drunk.

• Love 19

I'm trying to give Abby a chance. I really am, but holy crap. Pinning your hopes on Lindsey Graham's sense of decency? . . . Okay.  Talking to Willie Nelson like he's a particularly clever toddler? (Joy was also annoying, as she kept harping on the political controversy after Willie repeatedly said he did not care, but I suspect producer shenanigans. )

My heart hurts for Sally Field, but I'm such an admirer of her grace and humor.

• Love 15

I don’t t like Abby, she is not very bright and that irritates me. 

I wonder If MM is taking a longer time off to return with a new  image.  Has someone been in her ear about her abrasive  manner?   Maybe?  

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I forgot to mention (yesterday) that I was glad Whoopi was fuming about the man in Texas (Mr. Jean) who was killed by a cop in his own apartment & the police proceeded to search HIS apartment & revealed some information about what they found.  Very dirty trick!!!

Another outrageous case of "blame the victim".

"She deserved to be raped because she was dressed slutty."

"He deserved to be shot because he had marijuana in his apartment."

• Love 17

Damn, Whoopi actually interrupted Abby’s interruption to allow Sunny to finish her thought and defend the accusation lobbed against her. She let Meghan railroad Sunny all the time. Abby has got me questioning whether my ears are working okay. What did Sunny ever say that remotely suggested that she had made up her mind about Kavanaugh and determined he was guilty? Sunny said the accusations are significant that they should not be rushed to confirm Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court until this woman has been heard and the matter has been investigated. For someone who claims to talk about innocence until proven guilty, why in the world wouldn’t Abby want an investigation to take place? Does she think that if the vote doesn’t go through, Kavanaugh will easily go back to his job as a highly elected judge and this woman will go back to a normal life as a professor? She comes across as absolutely tone deaf. Oh and quoting Lindsay Graham…give me a break. She conveniently forget to quote his comments about how he would have to match up the woman’s story to all the information that they have on Kavanaugh to date. When people make comments like what Graham has, it makes me hard to believe that he can in fact be one of the good guys…because those kinds of comments are dehumanizing to someone’s experience. His quote (that Abby conveniently didn’t include) suggests that unless he can’t rationalize the woman’s story as being a lie, he will likely weight on the side of the character witness testimonies that are on Kavanaugh’s file…as if 100 people saying he’s a good guy somehow cancels out the one story of a person who has been traumatized by his alleged behaviour.

I wasn’t a fan of the award show proposal either but that’s because I find it incredibly impersonal and I would be so pissed if a guy did that to me because more than anything, it would mean that he didn’t know me very well, lol. 

Sally seems like such a lovely woman with a lot of experiences in life that could have broken her but she persevered and it's hard not to admire that.

• Love 20
12 hours ago, Meatball said:

Abby’s super shiny hair is distracting, but not as distracting as her robotic way of thinking and speaking. 

But the hair is reallly distracting too.

I’m enjoying every second Meghan has to recooperate/stay away/mourn. More please! I don’t think she will return on any day other than Monday, so let’s celebrate her non-return for another week! When she’s back, I’m out.

She’s got super shiny big lips too. She’s approaching kardashian levels of makeup layers. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, rickhurst3186 said:

You may not remember EVERYTHING but I'm certain forced sex probably wouldn't  be something you would forget.  Maybe that's just me.

You would certainly remember forced sex.  I would wonder, though, if she may have him confused with someone else.  Two year age difference is a big deal in high school.      Would they have been from the same school?  Lots of questions.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

Whoopi looks incredibly down today. With Sally there, I'm sure she's remembering Burt Reynolds.

I think Whoopi was pissed at the producers, who cut her off and made her go to Sunny to read a legal note.  She seemed very grumpy after that in reading her teleprompter, until she had first Sally there, and then Willie.  Otherwise, she was annoyed.

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, bannana said:

I think Whoopi was pissed at the producers, who cut her off and made her go to Sunny to read a legal note.  She seemed very grumpy after that in reading her teleprompter, until she had first Sally there, and then Willie.  Otherwise, she was annoyed.

I think that the producers were tired of her inane ramblings. Her monologues are long and often incoherent and cuts into the show making money via commercials. 

Whoopie seems to think we all wait in bated breath for her to opine on subjects she knows nothing about..

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

That was a pretty boring show today. 

Yes, yes it was. Sally Field seemed to be rambling, she was talking yet not saying anything it seemed. She used a lot of "therapy words" so I assume she is in some type of help, she was hitting all the notes. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, geekburger said:

Abby reminds me of Elisabeth. I don’t buy what she’s selling because I don’t think even SHE does. MM is bonkers but she believe in what she’s shilling.

I believe Abby isn't intelligent enough to know what she is shilling, that poor Barbie Pundit. MM is definitely bonkers. We knew Elizabeth was all about Bill. I would say they were highlighting stupidity, but this is abc.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, 27bored said:

The whole “women should be able to come forward whenever, wherever, and however they want” thing that Chuck was saying is fine until you remember, you know, other people exist and kinda matter too. 

You mean the rapist? Why should he get a pass?

• Love 12