Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat: Rice-A-Roni & Google Translate

Drogo
Message added by Meredith Quill

Don't post social media info/spoilers in the live chat.

This is the LIVE CHAT topic for ALL 90DF shows. Posting should only occur in this topic during the FIRST live airing of the episode.  See here for more details.

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Neurochick said:

I didn’t realize I was in a college English class.

Interesting that Michael speaks English better than a lot of the Americans.

Using I as the subject instead of me is hardly college English.  If it is, this country is in way more trouble than I thought. 

The bolded portion of your comment kinda proves  my point.. n’est ce pas? ;-) 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Drogo said:

"I and Angela."

But Michael was speaking his second language. What excuse do the others have?  

(and he probably learned it by watching American tv and movies, where everyone speaks incorrectly.)

• Love 3

Seems like there are a lot of "fiddies" here! Just turned 50 in June. Been told I look around 40. So many of my former classmates look older than me. Smoking and sun (and a hard partying lifestyle) wreaks havoc on your skin. I believe Grangela is 52. I unfortunately know many who look like that at that age. 

• Love 7
Just now, Chickabiddy said:

Using I as the subject instead of me is hardly college English.  If it is, this country is in way more trouble than I thought. 

This is not related at all to the show, but I have to add this. I used to teach high school, and there is a trend to not teach grammar anymore in English classes.  I taught history and my students (and their parents) told me that I should not have graded or corrected students for grammar usage in their papers since I wasn't an English teacher.  Oy.  Yes, we are doomed.  Back to the show!

• Love 24
13 minutes ago, lucy711 said:

I agree that it's not a big deal.  I'm Catholic and not offended  But a true devout Catholic (which is how Marta is painting herself) would not be a stripper.  Most serious Catholics are pretty modest. 

A devout Catholic would not have had two out of wedlock children, either. I know that sounds hopelessly outdated being that premarital sex is no big deal nowadays but in the Catholic faith premarital sex is a no no.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Chickabiddy said:

This country may be in trouble, but it has nothing to do with speech patterns.

Will Jesse and Darcy EVER break up?

When I got my front teeth capped because of some wear, my dentist warned me about how ridiculous it looks when people choose colors that are too white.  I’m so happy she said that because my teeth look beautifully white but natural, not like Chiclets. Darcy looks like she has a bunch of Chiclets in her mouth.

• Love 1
Just now, CoachWristletJen said:

Once he sees those new veneers he's gonna pop out that ring.... okay I can't tell the difference.

She’s having more trouble talking.

The dentist could care less about her romantic drama. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, sconstant said:

This dentist's teeth are ridiculous.

They do. Both their teeth look like Barbie’s teeth. That one white plastic strip with no lines.

Jamie is a hired plant. I don’t believe Jessie has friends.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, usernameG said:

Jesse flying over to break up with Darcey is such a mind fuck for her. You don't fly over to break up with someone.

Well besides the manufactured drama it creates its just the mean, pulling out the rug from under her type of thing he seems to enjoy. I really think he's a douche. I mean she's a hot mess but she seems at least decent at heart. He's just a gaslighting narcissist. And an insult to all the truly hot Dutch men out there. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, ECM1231 said:

A devout Catholic would not have had two out of wedlock children, either. I know that sounds hopelessly outdated being that premarital sex is no big deal nowadays but in the Catholic faith premarital sex is a no no.

No, you are right.  I am not a "devout" Catholic, but I had sex before marriage and had major guilt about it.  I only did it because we were planning on getting married (and we did)!  If I had a child before being married my whole family would have been horrified. 

• Love 2
Just now, Lillith said:

Well besides the manufactured drama it creates its just the mean, pulling out the rug from under her type of thing he seems to enjoy. I really think he's a douche. I mean she's a hot mess but she seems at least decent at heart. He's just a gaslighting narcissist. And an insult to all the truly hot Dutch men out there. 

I work with one. He cracked up at the video I showed him of Jesse. 

• Love 3
Just now, Frozendiva said:

No, Jesse, you cannot change anyone or fix anyone except yourself.

Break up over the phone or Google Hangout or Skype or FaceTime.

Google translate.  His English is great, so maybe just into a different language and then back?

1 minute ago, Lillith said:

Totally agree with this!