Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat: Rice-A-Roni & Google Translate

Drogo
Message added by Meredith Quill

Don't post social media info/spoilers in the live chat.

This is the LIVE CHAT topic for ALL 90DF shows. Posting should only occur in this topic during the FIRST live airing of the episode.  See here for more details.

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, DVDFreaker said:

I have said in another post that Karine seems she does not know how to clean after herself because she lived with her parents her whole life and her parents cleaned after her but she does need to learn to clean up after herself since she does not live with her parents anymore 

It is strange I have a few friends from Brazil and Portugal and they were taught quite young how to take care of a household and clean up after themselves and their younger siblings. 

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Would it make it easier for him to bring her over if they have a child? Sorry I am not American, genuinely asking!

I think it makes it harder as they will need to either get a K3 visa (which are not issued very often) or apply for a green card which may take quite a long time.  

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, RichiesOlderBro said:

I think it makes it harder as they will need to either get a K3 visa (which are not issued very often) or apply for a green card which may take quite a long time.  

@sainte-chapelle If Karine has a child after they are married the child will be assumed to be Paul’s (as he would be her husband) and would be a USC born abroad (through Paul). From an immigration law stand point there’s nothing that proves a bono fide marriage quicker and easier than a birth certificate. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, DVDFreaker said:

I have said in another post that Karine seems she does not know how to clean after herself because she lived with her parents her whole life and her parents cleaned after her but she does need to learn to clean up after herself since she does not live with her parents anymore 

Her parents do her no good by not teaching her laundry, cooking, housekeeping etc.  Jesus, my sister was 4 and standing on a chair making grilled cheese.  By 10 we all did our own laundry and were assigned a day.  NOTE:  I do not advocate that 4 yr olds stand on chairs at stove.  The 70s were a different time.

• Love 8

Let Lucy call him Jon. Babies/toddlers don’t care or realize what titles mean. She’ll sort out what to call when she is older. My son called the daycare workers  Mommy for ages then one day he just quit.   Off topic now why is Lucy’s forehead  always so red?

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

Her parents do her no good by not teaching her laundry, cooking, housekeeping etc.  Jesus, my sister was 4 and standing on a chair making grilled cheese.  By 10 we all did our own laundry and were assigned a day.  NOTE:  I do not advocate that 4 yr olds stand on chairs at stove.  The 70s were a different time.

That is true, you make a good point 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

What were we supposed to do before microwave ovens right? 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

Did Darcy "put on her face" to see her sister?  She, seriously, has a problem.

My great aunt put her face on to take out the trash- some women just love makeup that much......

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

Ricky wasn't leaving Colombia without getting some sex from someone. I wonder if the mystery mujer knows that she's the #2.

He can have sex with Melissa, whoops, I thought you were talking about Tarik

Edited by DVDFreaker
20 minutes ago, milner said:

Let Lucy call him Jon. Babies/toddlers don’t care or realize what titles mean. She’ll sort out what to call when she is older. My son called the daycare workers  Mommy for ages then one day he just quit.   Off topic now why is Lucy’s forehead  always so red?

I just assumed that Jon dropped her on her face.

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

What is it with the women on the show pushing the daddy stuff? Maybe they think the man will be more invested in staying if he has this title? Give it a rest!

An offspring 'anchors' them to the daddy and America for the next 18 years. Doesn't always work in terms of the dude staying. He'll just be responsible for child support. Maybe there are some visas that if there is a kid, that there can be some parents and other family also brought over.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

A friend who lived in Ghana for a time brought me back a gorgeous shirt and I love it truly. I would love a beautiful colorful Nigerian dress! 

There is sometimes a black couple on the train in the AM. One day a few weeks ago, he wore an outfit that I assumed was from somewhere in Africa. It and the fabric was gorgeous.

• Love 1

Rachel made an interesting remark. “Last time I slept with a man, I got pregnant”

she already has two kids with different fathers, is she going for #3?

Lucy may not be calling Jon, daddy, but someone else might!

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

If Melissa didn't blow him off before, when she sees that outfit he has on today she will.

I kept thinking she came to the Plaza, caught sight of him and his camo/fannypack/do-rag ensemble and hightailed it out of there . . .

• Love 8
4 hours ago, ChiMama said:

I kept thinking she came to the Plaza, caught sight of him and his camo/fannypack/do-rag ensemble and hightailed it out of there . . .

And the camo shorts are shorts on a taller guy, but look more like capris or petal pushers on Ricky. I don’t want any more shots of him gazing out at the landscape while sad music plays, like I’m supposed to feel sorry for him.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, iwasish said:

Rachel made an interesting remark. “Last time I slept with a man, I got pregnant”

she already has two kids with different fathers, is she going for #3?

Lucy may not be calling Jon, daddy, but someone else might!

No I think she meant that she hasn’t had sex with anyone since she conceived Lucy.....that’s a decent amount of time (about a year and a half) for an adult who enjoys partnered sex, I think she was nervous. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, AussieBabe said:

How many cleaning supplies do they need? Karine's skin is horrible. She definitely looks pregnant, and she's convinced him to start trying for a baby now? Pregnant.

wonder if her parents are in on it and that's why they ok'ed marriage to Pole.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Lynnlynnlynn586 said:

Can someone please please make Jesse stop saying "Farter" instead of "Father"

I work with a Dutch guy around Jesse's age. I asked him to pronounce the word and he does so correctly, with the "th". Jesse is an idiot. 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I was gonna say Wham Cover Band.

Hee!!! I snorted because I could so see this. And then seeing Jesse berate us for booing him for desecrating George’s memory.

”Babes what is wrong with you? You are acting very childish, babes. I am trying to sing Fodder Figure and you are ruining it with how you behave, so I am leaving.” *Hair flip*

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 19
9 hours ago, Lynn said:

Lucy really did say Dada. Twice! Clear as day.

Just about every baby says dada at some point when they start babbling. It is meaningless. The infant has no idea that it might mean or be associated with a father figure. Rachel knows that, yet uses it to manipulate Jon. She should teach Lucy to call Jon “not my sperm donor father.”

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

Hee!!! I snorted because I could so see this. And then seeing Jesse berate us for booing him for desecrating George’s memory.

”Babes what is wrong with you? You are acting very childish, babes. I am trying to sing Fodder Figure and you are ruining it with how you behave, so I am leaving.” *Hair flip*

Haha! Love it!

If he said that to Darcey, she should so respond with an upturned middle finger and then tell him what she could do with said finger to make him feel more like George Michael.

Jesse would either really flounce off or raise an eyebrow in piqued interest...

Edited by CoachWristletJen
2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

She is competitive with her sister. And will be with her daughters, in time. I have never seen anyone so insecure.

Her sister has not had as much work done on her face and it shows.  Sister looks much better.

12 hours ago, spankydoll said:

What were we supposed to do before microwave ovens right? 

You crack me up.

• Love 3

Angela, Angela, Angela...

Gifting Mama the oh-so-tacky Lord's Prayer purse in a Dollar Tree bag is beyond pedestrian. Instead of buying a gift bag from the Dollar Tree, she reused the bag that previously held her pork rinds, body spray, circus peanuts, toothpicks and aluminum foil. 

Hanging your cheap ass bleach blonde clip in extension on the bedside lamp is ridiculous. It looks like a bleached sloth is chilling there while you and Michael bump uglies. 

will give you points for at least learning some phrases in their native tongue. I'll commend your efforts on that front. I despise smoking but I'll give you a pass for that one last pack(Ha!) since you are making an effort to assimilate despite your obvious high level of anxiety. 

Hazel's mother has dead eyes and seeing their living quarters, I can understand. 

Kareeeeny is so pregnant but not by Pole  

Does anyone else get an asexual vibe from Pole? I mean, yes, he's moving mountains to find a woman but I don't think he wants sex from her. I think he wants to control a woman and have her beholden to him and under his weird little thumb. I can see him watching the bedroom antics from a corner as Kareeeny and Sanitized By Paul Within An Inch Of His Life John Doe get it on or as she uses her magical unicorn and Disney sex toys on herself. I think Pole needed all of those cleaning supplies because he's got that girl using those toys numerous times a day in numerous kinds of ways.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

An offspring 'anchors' them to the daddy and America for the next 18 years. Doesn't always work in terms of the dude staying. He'll just be responsible for child support. Maybe there are some visas that if there is a kid, that there can be some parents and other family also brought over.

I’m sorry, it wasn’t clear in my post, was it? Ugh. I meant the women with kids already trying to push the dad stuff straight away.  

16 hours ago, milner said:

It appears to me to be some sort of birthmark (strawberry mark?). 

15 hours ago, Lynnlynnlynn586 said:

Can someone please please make Jesse stop saying "Farter" instead of "Father"

Can someone please make Jesse say "schmoke and a pancake"?  I need to hear him say that so badly..........

image.png.490ade39265d2449dcec67b5866d3cc2.png

• Love 2
17 hours ago, milner said:

That's a common type of birthmark called an "angel kiss". It's similar to a "stork bite" which many children have on the back of their necks/heads. The angel kiss is caused by dilated capillaries near the skin's surface, and usually fades out considerably by 2 years of age.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

I noticed in the episode description they don't mention Ricky, I think "Melissa" is going to blow him off....

In his dreams.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, HahYallDoin said:

Gifting Mama the oh-so-tacky Lord's Prayer purse in a Dollar Tree bag is beyond pedestrian. Instead of buying a gift bag from the Dollar Tree, she reused the bag that previously held her pork rinds, body spray, circus peanuts, toothpicks and aluminum foil. 

You win...I'm dead!

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I’m sorry, it wasn’t clear in my post, was it? Ugh. I meant the women with kids already trying to push the dad stuff straight away.  

There are a number of women who find a guy they like and get knocked up on their own schedule - to 'keep' him. At least for a while. Til he leaves.

The women need to get to know the guy first, before expecting them to have anything to do with their child/ren. You just can't expect a man who shows an interest in you to want to be a 'dad' not long after you have met. I would think things like how he deals with stress and anger and such would be good clues on how he will behave. They just somehow have a fantasy where a decent dude becomes a prince who will take care of them. No idea if he is abusive, wants anything to do with kids, has a job, etc.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, HahYallDoin said:

Angela, Angela, Angela...

Hanging your cheap ass bleach blonde clip in extension on the bedside lamp is ridiculous. It looks like a bleached sloth is chilling there while you and Michael bump uglies. 

will give you points for at least learning some phrases in their native tongue. I'll commend your efforts on that front. I despise smoking but I'll give you a pass for that one last pack(Ha!) since you are making an effort to assimilate despite your obvious high level of anxiety. 

Hazel's mother has dead eyes and seeing their living quarters, I can understand. 

Kareeeeny is so pregnant but not by Pole  

Does anyone else get an asexual vibe from Pole? I mean, yes, he's moving mountains to find a woman but I don't think he wants sex from her. I think he wants to control a woman and have her beholden to him and under his weird little thumb. I can see him watching the bedroom antics from a corner as Kareeeny and Sanitized By Paul Within An Inch Of His Life John Doe get it on or as she uses her magical unicorn and Disney sex toys on herself. I think Pole needed all of those cleaning supplies because he's got that girl using those toys numerous times a day in numerous kinds of ways.

Did Angela wash the clip-on extension and hang it to dry on the lamp?

Time for her to get some decent skincare.

Hazel does need to tell Tarik about her son. That she is part of a package - that doesn't also include the 6 hour church service. That was a bit rude to expect him to sit through that for so many hours.

Jon may not be attracted to Rachel and her package deal, but Lucy is cute. He has to figure out if he wants to step up and make some sort of life with her and Lucy and her other child. Before he is baby daddy #3. No idea what sort of career or skills or anything Rachel has. I'd feel very uncomfortable accepting daycare payments from a man I chat with online. Yes, it is his money and he can spend it as he likes, but why would he want to spend it on my child? A big 'no' would work. She also can't expect him to be an insta-parent, and he needs to tell her what he wants - even if it is not her and Lucy longterm.

• Love 1