Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat: Rice-A-Roni & Google Translate

Drogo
Message added by Meredith Quill

Don't post social media info/spoilers in the live chat.

This is the LIVE CHAT topic for ALL 90DF shows. Posting should only occur in this topic during the FIRST live airing of the episode.  See here for more details.

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, RichiesOlderBro said:

I watched that documentary!  It’s really good.  The scene where Stalin’s aid drops the sword from King George is fascinating.  

I think I've seen it before - I watch a lot of these. But this version is colorized. I'm not a snob about these things, so I'm happy to look at a color version.  Have you watched 'The Great War' on YT? They do every day in WWI, plus individual videos about people, weapons, the roles of women, etc.  Now they have start a 6 yr project to do WWII on a weekly basis. Fantastic stuff. 

• Love 3

She quit her job? When she knew he didn’t have a job? What?! How is that being a responsible parent! She just wants someone else to take care of her all the time. Kardashian rejects...all of them. 

Edited by TheRedQueen
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, HappyDancex2 said:

OH GAWD not another he's got a "lot of work to do on himself" talk.   What the hell is wrong with these people????   Kalani sucks.

True love comes with conditions? Most of these folks seem to thrive on need and not love.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Gigglepuff said:

She quit her job? Wouldn't she have been on mat leave at that point? 

No mat leave in the US. Most people get 6 weeks after the birth of the baby, then it's back to work. It's nothing like Canadian mat leave.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Alex Trebek pointed out that his mother lived with him. I do think that a son or daughter opening his or her home to an elderly parent is a very different thing from a single young person still living at home with Mommy, who cooks all his meals and cleans the house and shares a bank account. 

Except that we really don’t know whose home it is.  I’m thinking Colt is the primary wage earner and Debbie takes care of the home as her contribution.  

• Love 2
On 10/31/2018 at 7:38 PM, ChiCricket said:

Yep..January. As the Grammie of seven active Girl Scouts, I wish it didn't come right after I spent all my money on Christmas gifts.?

I just got my cookies (coworker's daughter is a scout)...I ordered them early October.  Are there two cookie seasons?

• Love 2
Just now, kacesq said:

Gee Kalani...maybe if you hadn't quit your job you could stay in California and be with your codependent bossy sister.

Her sister the "husband"... why does that give me an image of her sister wearing boxer shorts and grabbing a beer out of the fridge?

• Love 9

What is with the ultra codependents this season?  Good gravy.  

I'm not super close with anyone in my family, so it's hard for me to understand how this happens, but I can appreciate it.  I'm just amazed TLC found two people so dependent on a family member that isn't, oh, a spouse.  

• Love 7
Just now, HappyDancex2 said:

Kalani is just like a cleaned up polynesian looking version of the other creepy americans making poor decisions and jumping dick or pussy.  I think I'm mesmerized by her hair but she's just a lazy skank.

I think her hair looks like a long, stringy mop. It grosses me out. Of course her attitude and weird incest thing she and her sister have going might be coloring my perception.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I just got my cookies (coworker's daughter is a scout)...I ordered them early October.  Are there two cookie seasons?

WHAT?! I have to wait til February here in PA to pull up my Cookie Finder app and find someone selling them.  (My coworkers' kids have either aged out or dropped out of scouting.  MUCH TO MY COOKIE ADDICTION DISMAY.)

• Love 1

I won't be able to watch the whole thing til later, sadly, but I was confused that Debbie said no to leather because of the cats. We bought leather furniture BECAUSE we had cats. Ours would have ripped a fabric sofa to shreds; the leather at least had a shot of surviving them (and was more cleanable).

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

Kalani is an idiot. Quit her job, their only source of income? Crying because she will miss her sister? Geez..... that’s one f’d up family.

True story.  My wanna be actor cousin and fiance were chosen for one of the wedding shows, all expenses paid.  Family refused to act f-ed up.  Offer withdrawn.

• Love 13