Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat: Rice-A-Roni & Google Translate

Drogo
Message added by Meredith Quill

Don't post social media info/spoilers in the live chat.

This is the LIVE CHAT topic for ALL 90DF shows. Posting should only occur in this topic during the FIRST live airing of the episode.  See here for more details.

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, magemaud said:

She should fire her cousin the hair stylist. I had to laugh that she came to the city dressed in head to toe Wedding White, but after the breakup she’s heading home in mourning black. And Jesse was in town for what, 24 hours? 

04C6C2F0-304D-46A8-B465-8062751CD350.jpeg

When I watched, I figured those were her gray roots, and I couldn't figure out why she'd spend thousands for more botox and veneers but not an extra $40 to touch up those roots.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, iwasish said:

He works in recycling/garbage sorting because his criminal record keeps him from  getting a decent job.

Im sure he could have gotten vacation time off, he had plenty of time. If there were work related issues with timing they could have planned the wedding around  when he could get time off.

Yes he was looking for an excuse to quit and live off mommy rental. No motivation that one.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Darcey has a Valentino rockstud makeup bag?

I've gone on record to say that Darcey's designer stuff is all fake.  I'm willing to say the rockstud bag is real though.  I read a really good book about designer stuff (name eludes me) and it said that a lot of designer labels make "affordable" stuff like key rings, belts, makeup bags so that the peasants can afford a little bit of luxury.  So her lousy looking Gucci headband was probably real.......a necessary accessory to cover up her hair extension clips.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, pinky33 said:

When I watched, I figured those were her gray roots, and I couldn't figure out why she'd spend thousands for more botox and veneers but not an extra $40 to touch up those roots.

Especially since she was shown at the salon having her hair done and getting ready to be “swept off her feet.” That’s another reason why I think the preparation and train scenes were re-enacted and added recently. 

1 hour ago, AussieBabe said:

Paul is a hoarder. How do people live so nasty?

How can you be a hoarder AND a germaphobe at the same time? And what is with the dog crates? 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, greekmom said:

Shhhhhh.... someone might think we Canadians are trying to harvest the American $$. I mean we do cross the boarder and scuff our shoes. LOL

LOL. And now he's gonna stop us from watching SuperBowl ads. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, snarkish said:

Y'all! Did you SEE that clip of next week's finale?! I had to rewind the live tv to see it again! Grangela and Rachel about to throw down?!

E1E483C7-E52E-47B9-A087-964CAEE6B43A.jpeg

I had NO doubt Jesse would be there for the finale. And someone should tell him that ankle socks are not a good look on a wannabe model 

864F0A2B-DC8D-484E-A333-58D8321C26FC.jpeg

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Lily247 said:

I think we are all. However rachel seems like a pretty argumentative person who likely started it. I guess well see next week. 

To me,  she's a whiny ass who irritates the shit out of you then acts the victim.   Team Big Ang, if only because Rachel won't stand up to the serial killer, Jon, but talks shit to everyone else.   Dumb ass.

• Love 9
36 minutes ago, Horrified said:

I've gone on record to say that Darcey's designer stuff is all fake.  I'm willing to say the rockstud bag is real though.  I read a really good book about designer stuff (name eludes me) and it said that a lot of designer labels make "affordable" stuff like key rings, belts, makeup bags so that the peasants can afford a little bit of luxury.  So her lousy looking Gucci headband was probably real.......a necessary accessory to cover up her hair extension clips.

This peasant affords luxury when it's 70% off or more.

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, aliya said:

I gotta be honest here - Jesse doesn't need to come to America like this. Why would a young guy put up with so much fake 'beauty' when he could have a young girl his age who doesn't need extensions, false eyelashes, etc.?  And she's what, 40 something? I

I have been saying that all along!  He is 24 and she is 43 - theres about.  I am so sick of seeing her put coat after coat of paint on her face that I swear I will drive there and wipe it off her.  May need a sand blaster though.

When she was in the car, I thought that cab was going to plow right into her.

53 minutes ago, ChiMama said:
2 hours ago, LilaFowler said:
2 hours ago, Gigglepuff said:

Not yet. And I hope there's never a Canadian cast as the foreigner on the American show because I just know they'd pick a real beer-drinking, hockey-loving hoser who says, "aboot" and "eh" continually. I'd die of embarrassment, 

If anything, it'd be the American trying to marry into Canada.

Ditto!

Oh Canada.................the true north strong and free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I absolutely love Canada and its people.  Living so close to 2 borders I have traveled over there my whole life and have friends who live in Windsor.  We Detroit area folks keep waiting to see a wall going up on the Canadian side of the Detroit River.  Noooooooooooooooooooo.  

Why is everyone lying?  They all have secrets to tell just before leaving.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Miss Chevious said:

What a pathetic little wedding.

I had a wedding like that. My sister was too poor at the time to travel, my mother was having health issues and whining about things, and my father was working. They were the only family I would have invited but I didn't bother. Three close friends came, and six of my husband's relatives. I think everyone felt bad for us. I wore a short blue dress. We took everyone out for lunch. That was it. We got married, saved money doing it, and that was the plan. We were in our mid 30's, and three hours of wedding planning and three hours of celebration were plenty. 

• Love 18
3 hours ago, Mercolleen said:

Oh, no, Shaun is back next week? I might to need you all watch the finale for me and I'll just read your comments.

Not only that, the teaser promises "Shaun Robinson gets to the bottom of where they (the couples) stand now."  Right. I'm sure we'll get incisive questions.

21 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I had a wedding like that. My sister was too poor at the time to travel, my mother was having health issues and whining about things, and my father was working. They were the only family I would have invited but I didn't bother. Three close friends came, and six of my husband's relatives. I think everyone felt bad for us. I wore a short blue dress. We took everyone out for lunch. That was it. We got married, saved money doing it, and that was the plan. We were in our mid 30's, and three hours of wedding planning and three hours of celebration were plenty. 

There's something to be said for small and intimate.  No year of sweating every little detail and trying to be a perfectionist about everything and spending a mint. We had a small wedding, too. It was sad that none of Rachel's family could be there in person, though. I thought her hair looked lovely.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Neurochick said:

No Darcy, Jesse isn’t controlling the break up, TLC is.

I’m so glad you pointed that out, Neuro.  I’d forgotten about that line.  When she said “Jesse is so controlling about everything, but he’s not going to control this breakup!”, my brain went flat.  Why would ANYone actually think about that, after the fact?   The deed is done; he broke up.  Then called to say come stay at the hotel.  Then called to say I want to come check on you.  What’s to control?  God, they’re SIX.  I hate them both.  Still.  

And here’s another thing that bugs me.  WHY did he arrange to meet her in the park, in the cold?  First thing he says “shall we go to the hotel?”  I know, producer gimmicks, but still.  She had to stand there in the cold (in her Michelin Man coat) for some subliminal reason so he could get in the cab with her.  I truly friggin hate them both.

• Love 6

Was there a fist sized hole in the plaster behind Kariney’s head during her goodbye scene with gross Pole? Um...was that just my imagination or did anyone else notice that?

Edited by HamSammich
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Yes he was looking for an excuse to quit and live off mommy rental. No motivation that one.

I think Jon also said that when he has a salaried job, they take out a large percent toward his student loan; but the rent money from the rooms in his house, he gets to keep all of.  But of course quitting the job as a money-saving strategy makes no sense -- less income is less income.  Oh, Jon.  He certainly didn't say anything about any entrepreneurial idea he has to make money without deductions.   And does he not have to share the rental income with his Mum.   Mum must've been delighted with this plan. 

And as someone said above, surely quitting the garbage job wasn't the only way to get the week (?) off for the wedding.  I'd have to listen to his explanation of that part. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Lol ? yes probably a stupid question.

I *just* read an article about him and his ex spilled all the tea, he is a nasty piece of work and Karine needs to run.

I've seen a lot of stuff on the internet about Paul, accusing him of all sorts of things, but mostly they are posts on social media with nothing to back them up. We know for a fact that he did set fire to his own property, and he was convicted of second degree arson, as he admitted, apparently in an attempt to get insurance funds. He violated an order of protection by contacting an ex via text. He said he was just trying to see if they could come to an agreement to divvy up their property and set aside their differences long enough to do so. The papers regarding the violation of the order of protection are available online. The actual things they "citated" him for were as he said: no threats, no abuse of any kind, just "if you want, let's try to divide up our things peacefully." (Not a direct quote; just the gist of what he was getting at.)

https://starcasm.net/before-the-90-days-paul-staehle-posts-his-arrest-warrant-for-violating-protective-order/

While the fact that he did violate the order of protection and committed arson is no small thing, there are a lot of things floating around there that are unsubstantiated, including some claims that he set fire to someone else's property, not his own.

He spends a lot of time apologizing to Karine and trying to appease her and basically runs around in circles trying to get the relationship to work. Yes, he's pretty dorky, but as hard as I try, I really can't see the kind of abusive psycho many people claim him to be.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Miss Chevious said:

Way prettier than Eyeore. Now she’ll have something else to cry about. Inferiority Complex.

Where did you see his ex?  I’m super curious.  The closest I’ve seen is the restaurant scene where the producers teased it as his ex, but turned out to be his cousin.  

• Love 1
5 hours ago, AussieBabe said:

Why was she giving him $300 when he supposedly works, too? Why didn't she get the money out of the ATM herself? So many questions.

I believe she said something about the atm being confusing (guessing it’s not in English)  so he was doing it for her, not to keep for himself.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Happyfatchick said:

WHY did he arrange to meet her in the park, in the cold?  First thing he says “shall we go to the hotel?”  I know, producer gimmicks, but still.  She had to stand there in the cold (in her Michelin Man coat) for some subliminal reason so he could get in the cab with her.  I truly friggin hate them both.

Probably producer driven is my guess. They're both idiots, but she's a 43 year old woman who looked like an absolute fool and a streetwalker with mileage in the whole park scene and in the scenes leading up to that. She knew the temperature and still dressed the way she did. 

Edited by Gigglepuff
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Jesus Darcey, you've broken up! GO HOME!

These two are such attention whores . No normal person would behave the way these two do on national t.v. , and Darcey has kids which makes it even more pathetic. Plus Jesse must love a good hate f^ck and just torturing this unstable woman. He’s mentally damaged as well. We’ve witnessed it every week.  This show isn’t two people who love each other and are trying to be together anymore . It’s a spectacle ,every couple.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Mswldflwr said:

It was so stupid of Michael to steal her money.  He's ruined all that he's worked for for a lousy 600 extra bucks.  She let him have the first 300.  He could have milked her for so much more and he won't get to come to the United States which was his end game.

But ... he needed to pay for a bj he wanted done. He did the bj.  He is sorry. 

• Love 7

If Jon had kept his job he would have slowly been paying off his loan and would have had some beer money left for himself.  Or to pay Lucy’s daycare. Instead his loan won’t get paid, he has only the cash from the lodgers and daycare to pay. What a dunce. I feel bad for his mom.  He just doesn’t want to work or pay off his debts.  And since he hasn’t got a visa yet why not try to get another job and pay down his debt since he is stuck there 

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Shaun's favorite line, "Wait, what just happened?" will be deployed often or I miss my guess.

Yep.  And since she only asks questions provided by the producers and hasn't figured out how to host yet, we'll never get the appropriate follow up questions from her.  Instead we get enlightening garbage like:

Shaun:  So, Michael, were you surprised by Angela being a little bit big?

Michael:  ::giggles::

Shaun:  Okay, but what about you, Tarik, what was running thru your mind as you met Hazel for the first time?

Tarik:  SHE'S HOT! SHE'S SMOKIN! MAN, AM I GONNA GET LAAAAAAAAAID!

Shaun:  *deer in headlights face*  Now when we come back from break, we'll ask Darcy if she thought Jesse was going to propose to her!

Lather, rinse, repeat.  Zero new information.  

• Love 16

The still captured from the season wrap preview is riveting.  Tariq is feeling (probably admiring) Angela’s bicep.  Angela, meanwhile, is not amused and appears ready to clock him - hopefully, he has a bead on her right arm.  (How many chins does Angela actually have?). On the other side of the ring, we have Pole (unfortunately) grabbing for a handful of Granny’s boobie.  (He missed and has a handful of wrinkled cleavage).  Icky Tricky Ricky (master teller of the itty bitty teeny tiny untruth - as opposed to being a big fat stinky nasty liar who lies...) sees this as an opportunity to real-quick-like check out Pole’s BMI (maybe to verify he really was underfed when his in-laws ate all their groceries), and Rachel is pontificating (or maybe citating).... with absolutely NO ONE.    Seriously, she appears to be having a convo with someone clearly not in this pic.  And there’s ‘lil Darcy:  legs crossed, relaxed posture - who appears not to notice that there’s an altercation happening literally over her head.  Lots to play with here...

not so many flattering pics of Darce this week.

it really did sound as though Mahkull was fessing up that he cleaned the bank account out.  All I could think was...well, he knew good and well she was never going to pull that rabbit out of her hat and get him over to meet the Donald  - so he figured that was money he’d earned fair and square for putting up with her pawing, braying and general 2C33A5AE-9395-4291-9950-74903AC4DCD6.thumb.jpeg.e802d429a0721e828e9ef4bbf0320dff.jpeg,

grossness for 2 weeks.  Not a Kings ransom, but he may as well take it and run.    Not that he could get in a bind worse than Angela, but I’m guessing he learned a thing or two.  Maybe this was his first scam adventure, and $900 wasn’t too bad.  He worked dang hard for that money.  (He was a bartering man before...).  Still, I bet he checks references and practices some vetting techniques before that kind of scene gets out of hand again!

• Love 10

I like Shaun Robinson when she's not hosting TLC events. My beef isn't with her. It's TLC who gives her approved questions to ask. Why not just let her ask her own questions and let these people make even bigger asses of themselves? I also don't get why they filmed the Tell-All like 2-3 months ago.  A screenshot from Shaun's stories was posted at one point, and it had been 58 days from the date it was posted. Obviously weren't not going to get the most up-to-date information. Realistically, they could film it two weeks before the season finale and be just fine. We're not going to get any new information.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, renatae said:

I've seen a lot of stuff on the internet about Paul, accusing him of all sorts of things, but mostly they are posts on social media with nothing to back them up. We know for a fact that he did set fire to his own property, and he was convicted of second degree arson, as he admitted, apparently in an attempt to get insurance funds. He violated an order of protection by contacting an ex via text. He said he was just trying to see if they could come to an agreement to divvy up their property and set aside their differences long enough to do so. The papers regarding the violation of the order of protection are available online. The actual things they "citated" him for were as he said: no threats, no abuse of any kind, just "if you want, let's try to divide up our things peacefully." (Not a direct quote; just the gist of what he was getting at.)

https://starcasm.net/before-the-90-days-paul-staehle-posts-his-arrest-warrant-for-violating-protective-order/

While the fact that he did violate the order of protection and committed arson is no small thing, there are a lot of things floating around there that are unsubstantiated, including some claims that he set fire to someone else's property, not his own.

He spends a lot of time apologizing to Karine and trying to appease her and basically runs around in circles trying to get the relationship to work. Yes, he's pretty dorky, but as hard as I try, I really can't see the kind of abusive psycho many people claim him to be.

Thanks for the link, it is so hard to figure out what is true and what isn't on the internet! The article I read contained photos and a few sources backing up the girls story.  It is all too easy to get sucked into the rabbit hole. You are right that Paul comes across as awkward but not completely deranged as some claim. I would be pissed if someone ate all my food so I am with him on that. Not sure what to believe.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
Stop inserting unnecessary words iPad!
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, milner said:

If Jon had kept his job he would have slowly been paying off his loan and would have had some beer money left for himself.  Or to pay Lucy’s daycare. Instead his loan won’t get paid, he has only the cash from the lodgers and daycare to pay. What a dunce. I feel bad for his mom.  He just doesn’t want to work or pay off his debts.  And since he hasn’t got a visa yet why not try to get another job and pay down his debt since he is stuck there 

Maybe he is thinking that if he moves to America he can dodge the debt.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
6 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Thanks for the link, it is so hard to figure out what is true and what isn't on the internet! The article I read contained photos and a few sources backing up the girls story.  It is all about ok easy to get sucked into the rabbit hole. You are right that Paul comes across as awkward but not completely deranged as some claim. I would be pissed if someone ate all my food so I am with him on that. Not sure what to believe.

Yes, I certainly see where you're coming from - it's hard to decide. I think I saw the article you were talking about with all the accusations and people backing her up. There were so many awful things he was accused of by them all I can't help but wonder if that is all true, why didn't any of those people file any charges whatsoever? Supposedly they were all too afraid of him? They could all have backed up each other to law enforcement and I think they would not have had much resistance from LE.

Since many people and social media groups follow him around trying to dig up dirt, one would think the worst harassment charges they could find wouldn't just be for texting "Let's try to  be civil about dividing up our property."

Edited by renatae
Clarity
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Chippings said:

I think Jon also said that when he has a salaried job, they take out a large percent toward his student loan; but the rent money from the rooms in his house, he gets to keep all of.  But of course quitting the job as a money-saving strategy makes no sense -- less income is less income.  Oh, Jon.  He certainly didn't say anything about any entrepreneurial idea he has to make money without deductions.   And does he not have to share the rental income with his Mum.   Mum must've been delighted with this plan. 

And as someone said above, surely quitting the garbage job wasn't the only way to get the week (?) off for the wedding.  I'd have to listen to his explanation of that part. 

I thought he said he would continue to pay Lucy’s daycare. So nothing has changed in the amount gives to Rachel (I doubt he sends her anything other than the daycare), he goes about his merry way, he doesn’t need a job if he has the lodger money 700 pounds a month. 

He’s pulled a nice little scam. Rachel works her tail off and finances his visa/green card, he sends her daycare money from the lodger rents and has the rest for himself. If they get the visa, he comes here, not sure if his criminal record follows him or if his student debt can be garnished from his US wages. 

Not sure how a nearly 40 yr old will fit into the job market in the US with a resume that only lists garbage sorter, so his financial contribution will be minimal. 

How many more secrets does he have, when will those shoes drop? Rachel is an idiot.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, AllyCat said:

I believe she said something about the atm being confusing (guessing it’s not in English)  so he was doing it for her, not to keep for himself.

It's my impression that she's back in the US and she left a debit card with him in Nigeria so it was easier for him to have access to money that she funnels him. Instead of setting up an account for him, he has access to her regular account.  She gave him permission to take 300, but she now has 900 missing from said account.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, AussieBabe said:
13 hours ago, iwasish said:

Hazel is/was pregnant?   Derp!!!!

I thought that was what I heard. 

Mission accomplished. Hazel needs to sell tickets to a webinar along with informational packets and merchandise.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Mswldflwr said:

It's my impression that she's back in the US and she left a debit card with him in Nigeria so it was easier for him to have access to money that she funnels him. Instead of setting up an account for him, he has access to her regular account.  She gave him permission to take 300, but she now has 900 missing from said account.

She discovered the missing money when she landed back in Atlanta and tried to use her debit card here.  The card was declined and that’s when she called her bank and discovered the missing money.   So she has possession of her debit card. I don’t remember her ever saying that she was giving or sending money to Michael.  I do get the impression that she was paying for a lot of things while in Nigeria like meals and possibly the new Nigerian outfit, so she probably needed cash for that. 

• Love 4

Preview for next week...A group effort at restraint. Paul makes sure Big Ang's pendulous bosoms don't break free and start smacking people.  

43384942_561503684304299_1378432357370953728_o.jpg

Just realized that this had already been posted... sorry! Watched The Walking Dead with my husband for the second hour. (It's his favorite.) Compromises.

Just thought of another caption. "My mom has these." Ew. I know.

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, iwasish said:

https://thecollegeinvestor.com/13871/student-loans-different-uk-vs-us/

i read this and it doesn’t  seem that Jon’s is being 100% truthful about his debt and what he would pay based on income ( that is paying voluntarily, not sure if garnishments would take more)

We know he lies about a lot of things so that's not surprising. He may have debts from plain old irresponsible living!

26 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Mission accomplished. Hazel needs to sell tickets to a webinar along with informational packets and merchandise.

"How to land Mr. Derp."

For example...

Step 3. Form an odd asexual attachment to him... like a pet. 

Step 4. Let him treat you like a pet or an object so he doesn't realize that he's the pet or object.

Step 5. Cry when he leaves because you've correctly mastered Step 3.

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

We know he lies about a lot of things so that's not surprising. He may have debts from plain old irresponsible living!

First, you only make payments on your student loan if your income is over  £21,000 (approximately $36,000) per year.  After that amount, your loan payments are capped at 9% of your income per year.  

Rachel needs to do some fact checking on her own, Jons sister was right about the Pinocchio nose .

• Love 5
16 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Most of my dad’s friends didn’t.  Most of my friends dads didn’t either, and I’m 59 BTW.

Can’t wait for Dean’s reaction.

Yep, definitely I'm older than you!  :)

Ya know I'm your fangirl - not trying to be contentious in my recent posts!

11 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Your wedding sounds wonderful.  I hate weddings which is why I didn't have one or get married.  My niece thinks I will break down and have a big shindig.  NOT HAPPENING.  BF and I have been together for 24 years, 1 child.

I always tell family that I will give them double the wedding gift - Italian = money/price of plate per person + $100 per adult.  No one has taken me up on it.  DAMN IT.  My nephew who is probably up next said he would rather see me sitting at a table getting madder and madder and madder.....................

Pic of Darcy with veins - YIKES!

Angela thought she was so smart and then she gives her debit card to Michael.  Ha ha ha lol roflmao.  $600 US dollars = $217,836.00 Nigerian Naira.

Of course Jesse is at the tell all.  Tell all?  I can't wait.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

This peasant affords luxury when it's 70% off or more.

And I bet you look like a million dollars! Somehow I don't think Darcey has either A) good taste or B) the patience, savvy and good eye to shop those sales and find gold. 

• Love 4
17 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I wonder if the dentist who did Darcey's veneers also did the lip fill. My new dentist does botox, I just found out. 

It's amazing what a person can be licensed to do after attending a weekend seminar.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, readheaded said:

It's amazing what a person can be licensed to do after attending a weekend seminar.

I used to work at a dental school. The oral and maxillofacial surgery clinic did botox, fillers, eyelid lifts, all kinds of facial procedures. The OMFS residency was four years, after four years of dental school. 

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I used to work at a dental school. The oral and maxillofacial surgery clinic did botox, fillers, eyelid lifts, all kinds of facial procedures. The OMFS residency was four years, after four years of dental school. 

I understand that surgical cosmetic procedures often require extensive training, but there are some procedures that doctors literally learn over a weekend.  Unfortunately, there seems to be a wide variation in the quality of cosmetic procedures offered.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, readheaded said:

I understand that surgical cosmetic procedures often require extensive training, but there are some procedures that doctors literally learn over a weekend.

In 1990 I was having gall bladder surgery.  The doctor mentioned that he would be gone "this weekend" for a class on a new procedure: laparoscopic surgery on the gall bladder.  I said, "I hope you're not going to try it on me."  He said, "Oh, no."  One weekend class?

• Love 2