Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E19: Life Is a Cabaret

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Maximona said:

And what does Andy Cohen have on those Broadway stars who actually showed up and performed? 

See, I think his hands are all over this "Cabaret" as well.  Wouldn't be surprised if Bravo money is producing it, either overtly or covertly.  Even though the Meghan Kelly interview was a surprise initially, her show is also a feather in the peacock, so it's all one big incestuous, happy family.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I only know of her from her appearances on WWHL, and I find her appeal an enigma.  She isn't the first comic made famous by being rude, crude, and loud.  I'm truly not a prude, and I curse with the best of 'em, but I've not been invited to do so on a widely distributed television program.  It's cool though.  Different strokes.

Yeah I wasn't amused by her either.  In this day and age (heck any day and age) it's not cool or funny to grab someone's head and force them to motorboat you.  I'm not a prude either, just prefer to not have a stranger's boob sweat ruining my makeup.

• Love 9
23 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

The minute that a woman jumps out of her seat (like a Jack-in-a-box) and shoves her phone in another's face and shouts at other woman is the minute that first woman has totally lost her shit. If you can't remain seated and fairly stable while stating your side of the argument, then your argument begins to lose credibility. 

Bethenny seems to be a mess during the whole season, worse at the reunion.

She loses a good friendship. Several of her coworkers express their disappointment with her at the reunion. I can't even imagine the impact of Dennis' death on her. This has got to be the final straw for her.

In my opinion, she needs to take some time away from the cameras and social media, focus on Bryn and her personal life, privately and fix her shit.

Unfortunately, it appears that she needs to have reality tv cameras and a giant social media presence to feel relevant. I wonder how long it will take her to come back to instagramming multiple times during the day/night. From what I have observed there are way too many silly posts in a 24 hour period. Seriously, I hope that she gives that up. Up until Dennis' death. I wonder if this has put things in perspective for her.

I have the same opinion about Lu, fix your addiction, fix your family and get away from the cameras and reality tv bullshit.

Honestly Bethenny and Lu, Reality TV and Social Media are fucking you both up. 

Agree with you 100%. They also both need to learn accountability and maybe some self reflection that leads to change.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

who can forget the reactionary "mention it all"!   I sort of crave this level of Bethenny shut-her-down. 

I crave it too! While I think Bethenny's endless seeking out of drama and conflict is tiresome and does her no favours in, y'know, living a happy, peaceful and stress free life, it doesn't change how much I love her when she goes head to head with the other women. It seems Beth can't be bothered to get it into with Ramona anymore though, hence her dismissive "noted" compared to the war cry of "MENTION IT ALL!"

• Love 9
Just now, coops said:

I crave it too! While I think Bethenny's endless seeking out of drama and conflict is tiresome and does her no favours in, y'know, living a happy, peaceful and stress free life, it doesn't change how much I love her when she goes head to head with the other women. It seems Beth can't be bothered to get it into with Ramona anymore though, hence her dismissive "noted" compared to the war cry of "MENTION IT ALL!"

Yeah, you could see that she just wasn't going to buy in this time.

• Love 5
On 2018-08-16 at 10:32 AM, Dirtybubble said:

Andy is a famewhore plain and simple.  I don't understand how he and Anderson Cooper are actually friends. 

Anderson Cooper is as well; note his treatment of Kathy Griffin. She thought they were genuinely friends. 

Anyway, Andy has made a fortune off these shows. I find him to be misogynist and sexist at varying times obviously and the rest of the time trying to cover it using the fact that he’s gay. 

Dorinda being this drunk on tv is not entertainment. The conversations about it as part of a tv show are pretty cruel and uncaring. All of these shows are based on Andy’s views of women and it disturbs me that none of them are aware of it or if they are, that they don’t care. 

• Love 12
11 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Alternate theory - Carole wants to see if she can get an advance on a new book - a follow up to What Remains - delving more into Caroline Bissette.

Because of RHONY she was known more as the BFF to Bethenny for 3 years not Caroline Bissette. She resents that public perception. The pitch for the book will have more success if she can find a way to re-emphasize her imaginary BFF status to Caroline

To which Bethenny might say “Carolyn Bissette was superficial and not strong so it makes sense that Carol misses her”

I’d agree with B too. I lost all respect for Carol this season. It was niggling at me for a while but once I see it, as B did, I  can’t unsee it. 

Last bit of this episode, Bethenny says to Carol she came in hot, it was overwhelming for B but she believed it was genuine friend interest and now realizes it wasn’t. ie. Carol is phony and a leech... the reunion is going to be fun.

• Love 9
On 8/16/2018 at 9:14 PM, breezy424 said:

Well, from the other side of the pool...Beth never said directly to Dorinda, thanks for hooking me up with the nut cracker nor did Lu directly thank Doris for hooking her up with the Cabaret  outfits?  I don't think Doris wanted a banner or parade.  She just wanted a simple thank you.  Neither Beth or Lu gave that.

Beth did thank Dorinda.  On the show and privately.  On the reunion clip, Bethenny also told that she sent Dorinda a picture text with a happy Brynn and the nutcracker!  Dorinda even acknowledged such, but all she is concerned with is the PUBLIC DISPLAY of having her ass kissed over and over and over again for the nice gesture of getting Beth the connection to get the stupid nutcracker ( BTW, why are these toy, wooden statues called Nutcrackers? - I'm too lazy to research it, Sorry).  So, yeah, Dorinda did want a banner and a parade.  In the Reunion clip on YouTube, she makes that clear when Beth says, but I sent you a thank you text privately, and Dorinda's all "well, yeah privately, but not on camera".  She actually said that.  But as others have also pointed out, she has showed her appreciation for Dorinda's help on screen, too.  

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, DelicateDee said:

Beth did thank Dorinda.  On the show and privately.  On the reunion clip, Bethenny also told that she sent Dorinda a picture text with a happy Brynn and the nutcracker!  Dorinda even acknowledged such, but all she is concerned with is the PUBLIC DISPLAY of having her ass kissed over and over and over again for the nice gesture of getting Beth the connection to get the stupid nutcracker ( BTW, why are these toy, wooden statues called Nutcrackers? - I'm too lazy to research it, Sorry).  So, yeah, Dorinda did want a banner and a parade.  In the Reunion clip on YouTube, she makes that clear when Beth says, but I sent you a thank you text privately, and Dorinda's all "well, yeah privately, but not on camera".  She actually said that.  But as others have also pointed out, she has showed her appreciation for Dorinda's help on screen, too.  

This is another example of how these women have come to rely on the cameras catching every little thing to validate them. Bethenny and Dorinda are the worst. It's almost like they think that they are the Truman Show, if the cameras don't capture them, they don't exist.

In Bethenny's case, if she didn't instagram the moment, it didn't happen. LOL.

What a sad, sad life.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 10
15 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

It's settled, then.  We are DEFINITELY making a detour through Bass Lake, just to bask for a moment in Persnickety's back yard throw a hood over Persnickety's head and abduct her in our Family Van to take her to the PTV party.  ;-)

With some cuntkins. Just in case.

• Love 5
On 8/16/2018 at 7:12 AM, dosodog said:

Why did Dorinda wait until the day of the show to inquire about John's lack of invitation?

This.  I found that rude, too.  It's like people texting you on the day of your wedding to ask for directions.  (Not that I'm still bitter...) 

• Love 16
7 hours ago, DelicateDee said:

Just watched that clip - let me add that to my original list when Dorinda does a favor, thank her ON CAMERA!!! Even if that means you do it on your phone and instagram/tweet it to the universe!!! Otherwise you're not gracious. I still want to assume Lu thanked Dorinda off camera - but dang it, she should have had a whole entire song prepared for the Cabaret - thanking Dorinda for the Jovani hook up - complete with surprise back up singer, John Medessian... Great googly moogly that reunion is gonna be something else. So unfortunate that Lu bowed out....I wonder if they'll touch on the Jovani/drunkinda moment... oy. 

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Sunfield said:

To which Bethenny might say “Carolyn Bissette was superficial and not strong so it makes sense that Carol misses her”

I’d agree with B too. I lost all respect for Carol this season. It was niggling at me for a while but once I see it, as B did, I  can’t unsee it. 

Last bit of this episode, Bethenny says to Carol she came in hot, it was overwhelming for B but she believed it was genuine friend interest and now realizes it wasn’t. ie. Carol is phony and a leech... the reunion is going to be fun.

Carole also lied about Adam once again. She tells Bethenny before Ramona walked over that she hadn't talked to Adam for 3 months. She spoke to him before the marathon, and spoke to him when she finished the race. She allegedly spoke to him when he told her he was attracted to someone else and dating her. She spoke to him when he dropped by with Baby. She said she can never stay mad at him for too long and that they love each other. She spoke to him when he gave her the World's Best Nanna trophy. There was no 3 month lapse.

Bethenny was right - Carole is the one who pursued a friendship with Bethenny even though her allegedly BFF at the time, Heather had issues with Bethenny. Carole pursued a friendship with Bethenny hot and heavy by telling her she had a wet dream about B.

Carole sux!

• Love 12

Luann's after party

38497925_455274051639917_112401819577090

I do like that Dorinda is not afraid of color and prints. Her outfits are well made.

Carole's outfit is horrible - not the worst she's worn but that's probably because she didn't accessorize with scarves & feathers. Every time she walked I could see that the dress has no lining, no structured foundation, and worst of all you could see it was cheaply hemmed with a merrow machine. I still don't see why she didn't wear a bra with see through straps, those baguettes needed bread sleeves.

Ramona should wear dresses like this more often. The ruching at the belly hides the pinot muffin top. She looks 1000% better with shorter hair.

Tinsley hands down looked the best of the group - even the makeup was appropriate for a night time event.

• Love 12
12 hours ago, Sunfield said:

Alternate theory - Carole wants to see if she can get an advance on a new book - a follow up to What Remains - delving more into Caroline Bissette.

Because of RHONY she was known more as the BFF to Bethenny for 3 years not Caroline Bissette. She resents that public perception. The pitch for the book will have more success if she can find a way to re-emphasize her imaginary BFF status to Caroline

What more could she have said about Carolyn Bissette?  Would she reveal secrets about Carolyn?  In that book, she talked seldom about her sister- in- law, Caroline.  It seemed to me that Carole and Carolyn didn’t get along with Caroline too much, or Caroline expressed not to be discussed in the book?  What do you think?   After all this time, I’m surprised she would go that route again.   How much more could she say?  I wouldn’t be interested anymore.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Luann's after party

38497925_455274051639917_112401819577090

I do like that Dorinda is not afraid of color and prints. Her outfits are well made.

Carole's outfit is horrible - not the worst she's worn but that's probably because she didn't accessorize with scarves & feathers. Every time she walked I could see that the dress has no lining, no structured foundation, and worst of all you could see it was cheaply hemmed with a merrow machine. I still don't see why she didn't wear a bra with see through straps, those baguettes needed bread sleeves.

Ramona should wear dresses like this more often. The ruching at the belly hides the pinot muffin top. She looks 1000% better with shorter hair.

Tinsley hands down looked the best of the group - even the makeup was appropriate for a night time event.

I liked Ramona’s outfit too, oddly B’s was similar, though sadly the deep V opening was in the front and her implants just don’t look good when visible.  I didn’t mind Carole’s dress, I didn’t notice the flaws you mention (but I didn’t  look at any level of detail).  I just thought she and Dorinda had a theme.  I don’t like the deep V opening on Dorinda’s dress, and it looked like it was to tight (the seam in front was straining).  She looks good with color.

I thought the makeup, particularly the fake eyelashes, were over-done.  They are getting into RHOC levels of “Smokey eye.”  And that’s never a good thing.  

Ramona should keep her hair short.  Not sure what I think of tinsleys braid, but it’s certainly better than the overdone curls.

Edited by Mrs peel
  • Love 6
On 8/17/2018 at 2:07 AM, ivygirl said:

I’m afraid I need Remedial GIF Posting 101 as well. Happy to take it from @KungFuBunny or anyone willing to help a gal out.

I’ll bring the Pringles, Sugarfina candy, and LVP sangria to the PTV Party at the Sonja AirBnB.

Oh and I’ll make you a banner that will say “Wow. Wow. Wow, [Poster Name]. Wow, wow. [Poster Name], wow. Wow.” Or sew you a pillow (which may take me a month, and you may only get a sketch, but... it’s the thought that counts)

Where do I sign up? I am pathetic.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I'll preface this by saying, I absolutely LOVE Ramona

I found the perfect photo for Ramona to promote her ANTI-skin line

Ramona-Singer-Red-Face-Lounge-Chair-Mexi

Holy Shit - it works

Those bottles are going to be flying off the shelves!

This makes me itch

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I'll preface this by saying, I absolutely LOVE Ramona

I found the perfect photo for Ramona to promote her ANTI-skin line

Ramona-Singer-Red-Face-Lounge-Chair-Mexi

Holy Shit - it works

Those bottles are going to be flying off the shelves!

WOWOWOWOW!  So "ageless"...

• Love 8
On 8/17/2018 at 1:44 PM, walnutqueen said:

Not unless I meet a dying millionaire with dementia before I leave ...  I'll be pawning the pink Harley and the honking huge diamond engagement ring to buy catfood and critter snacks, tout suite.

Oh, and remind me to sip my vodka straight up, no (brown) ice.

I'm not a big drinker so if you all need a DD I'm here for you.

• Love 4

I love my Crazy Noodle

Ramona's outfit from the finale front and back

28433200_340358646462369_826649738537546

28754126_347580519085096_459403884821164

Her Spanx is showing. Ramona looks so much better with shorter hair. I do believe she is wearing some sort of topper. I think what's left of her real hair got totally fried from using extensions for years.

• Love 18
On 8/17/2018 at 4:17 PM, KungFuBunny said:

A KFB PSA for film noire's Soiree

A red carpet will be provided along with a step and repeat.

Once you arrive, please remember to brace as a paintball gun will be aimed at you set to CLOWN

Sonja Morgan bidets have been installed on the premises.

Video reminder of proper bidet usage:

When peeing do this:

funny-dance-dancing-animated-gif-image-9

This is for your safety because you don't know where your fellow party goers have been. Luann hula hoops will be provided for those who need a little help with this move.

Also note there is no toilet paper - it was all used up in Cartagena. So you will need to do the MC Hammer crab dance to air dry your nether regions

giphy.gif

If you need to go number 2, I suggest running over to the nearest Burger King like Melissa Gorga does.

Not to worry. I have this part of the party covered (as well as my eyes) 

A9576FC7-B86E-4734-A217-5D22B76D50AD.thumb.jpeg.b34cca47a127ed040a2e790122bff5f2.jpeg

• Love 8
On 8/16/2018 at 8:49 PM, BodhiGurl said:

That preview of the reunion - what is up with Carole coming in and saying "The DREEEEAAAMMM Team!" and then "I got your back! I got your back!" Great googly moogly what the hell happened to her? What BF said really wasn't THAT bad in the grand scheme of things. Sweet babeh Jeebuz I can't wait... Popcorn shall be popped. I hope I'm not disappointed...

I’m probably wrong here, but that “ dream team” remark struck a bell, didn’t that mean the team of lawyers that defended O.J. In the trial?  Or no?

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I’m probably wrong here, but that “ dream team” remark struck a bell, didn’t that mean the team of lawyers that defended O.J. In the trial?  Or no?

Yes.  Your memory is spot on!

I think Carole came into the reunion overly confident and things didn't quite go as planned.   I know at one point Andy screamed at her to let Bethenny answer.   And after a while Carole stopped grinning and had her ugly puss face expression on again.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, Reality police said:

I’ll bring the Pringles, Sugarfina candy, and LVP sangria to the PTV Party at the Sonja AirBnB.

I will bring Tequila,limes and paper towels.

Panti liners as well cause I pee when I laugh hard.

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Yes.  Your memory is spot on!

I think Carole came into the reunion overly confident and things didn't quite go as planned.   I know at one point Andy screamed at her to let Bethenny answer.   And after a while Carole stopped grinning and had her ugly puss face expression on again.

Well, at least I know I’m not losing it all together.  In the preview, I did see Andy yelling a curse word to Carole to let somebody talk.  Do you think that’s for real that he acts like that, or for the camera?  If it’s real, boy, I’m happy that finally he’s pushing Carole out of her Ivory Tower.  I don’t think he would talk to Bethenny that way.  BTW, does anyone know when the next season starts?  I’m getting withdrawal already, and curious to see who is coming back.  Does anyone know if Dorinda and Tinsley are on the line?

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, bagger said:

I just listened to this this morning on my way to work and missed my exit. Hands down their impressions of Dorinda and Carole are my favorites.

The previews for the reunion are giving me life!

I love all of their impressions.

Dorinda starts out slurry and tipsy and nice and then quickly escalates into a raging maniac.

Carole sounds like Peter Lorre

Bethenny sounds like Woody Allen

Tinsley is always whining

Jovani!!!

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Well, at least I know I’m not losing it all together.  In the preview, I did see Andy yelling a curse word to Carole to let somebody talk.  Do you think that’s for real that he acts like that, or for the camera?  If it’s real, boy, I’m happy that finally he’s pushing Carole out of her Ivory Tower.  I don’t think he would talk to Bethenny that way.  BTW, does anyone know when the next season starts?  I’m getting withdrawal already, and curious to see who is coming back.  Does anyone know if Dorinda and Tinsley are on the line?

Nothing has been announced yet but I will bet my ass that Ramona and Dorinda do not have to worry about getting their Apple. Andy must be swimming in a pool of his own spit salivating over next season.

its like watching survivor xxx

• Love 8
21 hours ago, DelicateDee said:

Back in the day, at Christmas time it was a traditional treat to offer a large bowl of mixed nuts in the shell.  Of course you'd need a nutcracker to enjoy them, so a design that was popular for the holidays was one that looked like a toy soldier.  It had a lever in the back that would open the mouth.  You put the nut in the mouth, push the lever down, and voila!  Cracked nut ready to eat.  

PS - You hit the nail on the head that Dorinda expects all favors to be rewarded by kissing ass publicly over and over, or you're not a real friend.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 14
49 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

You all are being kind of hard on Carole.  Just remember she's someone's MeeMaw.

Haha, yah but she’s no ones meemaw and she’ll tell how mean that is for you to bring up. 

Edited by QuinnM
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Yes, but I remember the Dream Team was used first by the US as a nickname for the men's basketball team they were sending to the 1992 Olympics. They were the first country to use "professional" athletes at the Olympics. In most US sports when there is an All Star game - each team gets a nickname.

Knowing Carole she'll claim to have just heard of the phrase and never knew until recently what it meant.

• Love 11
On 8/18/2018 at 10:30 AM, KungFuBunny said:

Tinsley hands down looked the best of the group

This group consisted of Ramona 61, Carole 54, Dorinda 53, and Tinsley, 42 ... almost 20 years younger than the oldest in the group. 

Edited by Former Nun
typo
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

This group consisted of Ramona 61, Carole 54, Dorined 53, and Tinsley, 42 ... almost 20 years younger than the oldest in the group. 

For me Tinsley looked the best not because she is younger but because of her styling which was actually much more subdued and less flashy than the other women.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

For me Tinsley looked the best not because she is younge but because of her styling which was actually much more subdued and less flashy than the other women.

I thought Tinsley looked great. Her styling was more subdued for her. But, they were attending a campy Caberet and for that reason I thought everyone else, with the exception of Dorinda and her demented clown make up looked just right for the occasion.

• Love 7