Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E19: Life Is a Cabaret

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I thought Tinsley looked great. Her styling was more subdued for her. But, they were attending a campy Caberet and for that reason I thought everyone else, with the exception of Dorinda and her demented clown make up looked just right for the occasion.

Oh I agree most of the women looked great, I would add B’s jacked hair and dress that I didn’t think flattered her breasts to Dorinda as not at their best, just pointing out that I didn’t think Tinsley looking great was age related except that she had rejected her much younger styling of last year.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Oh I agree most of the women looked great, I would add B’s jacked hair and dress that I didn’t think flattered her breasts to Dorinda as not at their best, just pointing out that I didn’t think Tinsley looking great was age related except that she had rejected her much younger styling of last year.

Oh. I see. I agree. Yeah, I did not like deep v of B's dress. I actually liked Ramona's look best of all.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

This group consisted of Ramona 61, Carole 54, Dorined 53, and Tinsley, 42 ... almost 20 years younger than the oldest in the group. 

19 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

For me Tinsley looked the best not because she is younger but because of her styling which was actually much more subdued and less flashy than the other women.

14 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I thought Tinsley looked great. Her styling was more subdued for her. But, they were attending a campy Caberet and for that reason I thought everyone else, with the exception of Dorinda and her demented clown make up looked just right for the occasion.

My original post was about their outfits/hair and I didn't bring up age.

Tinslet for once wasn't wearing a dress made of ruffled doilies. I liked her top and the way it fit her. I liked how she accessorized herself. I'll take the half french braid over long barrel curl extensions any day.

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Oh. I see. I agree. Yeah, I did not like deep v of B's dress. I actually liked Ramona's look best of all.

Ramona says the following:

ShawnaLanne, thank you for supporting women. Because I'm a woman and you just said that I looked the best of all, therefore you support women. I look the best because I am a fashion maven and a pop icon to boot.

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

Haha, yah but she’s no ones meemaw and she’ll tell how mean that is for you to bring up. 

Carole is Memaw to Baby, Baby, Baby, Baby, Baby and Baby, Jr.  lol.

• Love 14
On 8/16/2018 at 8:49 PM, BodhiGurl said:

That preview of the reunion - what is up with Carole coming in and saying "The DREEEEAAAMMM Team!" and then "I got your back! I got your back!" Great googly moogly what the hell happened to her? What BF said really wasn't THAT bad in the grand scheme of things. Sweet babeh Jeebuz I can't wait... Popcorn shall be popped. I hope I'm not disappointed...

I think they had each other’s back because Andy and bravo had Bethany’s back.    JMHO 

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, ryebread said:

I don't know if that was a typo or not, but I like it.  Fits.

Hah - it was a typo

Sometimes I call her TinHat (this was originated by someone else)

If I were to do a typo on purpose I see her more as a Teensley

• Love 7
12 hours ago, biakbiak said:

For me Tinsley looked the best not because she is younger but because of her styling which was actually much more subdued and less flashy than the other women.

I can agree with this more definitive comment.   Her styling was better on a stand-alone basis, certainly better than her usual frou-frou princess looks...but lacking the glitz of an evening of cabaret.

• Love 1
On 8/15/2018 at 10:32 PM, UsernameFatigue said:

MARTINGIRL, you are killing me! I have never quoted someone three times in one post. 

Carole's outfit at the cabaret looked like she bedazzled a clown costume. Then I saw KungFuBunny's clown post. Too funny. 

I laughed out loud at your Best Grandma trophy comment. Adam could have given Carole a trophy for Best Coffee Drinker as well. 

Regarding Ramona's newest skin care line (or anti skin line - lol) there is nothing on the website to link to a product. Nada. Zippo. And this is how many months after her party to celebrate it?

12 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I guess I wasn't the only one who saw this:

28434702_1389063574532850_30090439729296

and thought this:

giphy.gif

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

No. You're not alone.

That said, by herself, I thought Dorinda looked great. Teal eyeshadow and all. I liked how it matched the sequins on her pantsuit. And the pantsuit fit her like a glove.

I'll show myself out now.

• Love 12
Just now, ryebread said:

No. You're not alone.

That said, by herself, I thought Dorinda looked great. Teal eyeshadow and all. I liked how it matched the sequins on her pantsuit. And the pantsuit fit her like a glove.

I'll show myself out now.

Oh I agree - I like that Dorinda isn't afraid of prints and colors. Her jumpsuit was made well. Sometimes when the HW's wear V neck tops I always think their boobs are going to fall out - I didn't get that with Dorinda's outfit - even if she went into Yosemite Sam pistol shooting mode with her fingers. The makeup was a bit too much for me - too matchy matchy with the outfit. It started off okay but after the first Jovani! she looked like a Picasso in Regan Macneil mode

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

You all are being kind of hard on Carole.  Just remember she's someone's MeeMaw.

13 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Haha, yah but she’s no ones merman and she’ll tell how mean that is for you to bring up. 

Am in the only one who's not following this?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, AnnA said:

Am in the only one who's not following this?

Someone earlier in the week said that the trophy Adam gave carol was for being the worlds greatest grandma (I paraphrased). We played on that for about an hour or so it was amusing just a little light shade.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, bagger said:

Someone earlier in the week said that the trophy Adam gave carol was for being the worlds greatest grandma (I paraphrased). We played on that for about an hour or so it was amusing just a little light shade.

Thanks.    I must have missed that. 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I love all of their impressions.

Dorinda starts out slurry and tipsy and nice and then quickly escalates into a raging maniac.

Carole sounds like Peter Lorre

Bethenny sounds like Woody Allen

Tinsley is always whining

Jovani!!!

I'm sorry, I'm sorry but how could you forget Ramona, okay??? She looks just like Avery's sister, okaaay? Sorry, I get it now, sorry...

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, Ki-in said:

I'm sorry, I'm sorry but how could you forget Ramona, okay??? She looks just like Avery's sister, okaaay? Sorry, I get it now, sorry...

Noted.

It was an oversight.

Make an appointment with my secretary. Just ask for Wassamattah or Wassgoingon, okay?

• Love 10

I find Tinsley incredibly childish and dresses too young at times

babyjane.jpg

2 hours ago, AnnA said:

Just remember she's someone's MeeMaw.

MeeMaws need to bake and have comfortable Boobies to snuggle up to. Not skin and bones and angles and shitty attitude

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

You need to drag out that saawry a little more

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

WWC guys always make Carole sound like she's 100 years old and ready to cough up a hairball.

They have the widest variety of impressions for New York. Maybe most distinctive.

• Love 2

Here's a better shot of Tinsley

dorinda-tinsley-outfits.png

You have to be very brave to wear white at any NY event. A bunch of these women use some heavy foundation - inclusive of using it on their chest area. One hug and you'll look like a spotted cow.

Anyhoo - Tinsley's outfit was fitted properly. She looked elegant from head to toe.

• Love 14

The reunion previews look CRAY CRAY!  But what they showed is probably all the sparks.  I'm not gonna get too excited for it, as these shows always leave us with fake cliffhangers.  But I did enjoy Bethenny's Boo-Ya bitch to Carol. I still want to see all the texts!!! 

Thought the pillows Tinsley gifted Luann were very cute and a nice gesture.  Tinsley can be quite thoughtful.

• Love 10
46 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Anyhoo - Tinsley's outfit was fitted properly. She looked elegant from head to toe

She and Dorinda always have impeccably tailored clothes and it makes all the difference.  Of course Madam Paulette takes care of Dorinda but Tinsley was just raised right.  For all of Bethenny’s money her clothes should fit her better.  In fact they used to fit her better.  Did her tailor leave town?

• Love 5

My previous post popped up again? Don't know what happened there, please ignore.

Just a question - in what house is Bethenny doing her THs?  In the beginning, I suspected it was a room in her yet to be seen new house,  but now that we saw her new place, it doesn't look like they're taking place there.  Anyone?

18 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

Back in the day, at Christmas time it was a traditional treat to offer a large bowl of mixed nuts in the shell.  Of course you'd need a nutcracker to enjoy them, so a design that was popular for the holidays was one that looked like a toy soldier.  It had a lever in the back that would open the mouth.  You put the nut in the mouth, push the lever down, and voila!  Cracked nut ready to eat.  

PS - You hit the nail on the head that Dorinda expects all favors to be rewarded by kissing ass publicly over and over, or you're not a real friend.

Thank you for answering my Nutcracker question.  It makes perfect sense.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, DelicateDee said:

Just a question - in what house is Bethenny doing her THs?  In the beginning, I suspected it was a room in her yet to be seen new house,  but now that we saw her new place, it doesn't look like they're taking place there.  Anyone?

I thought they were backdrops meant to mimic where they lived. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Ki-in said:

1 hour ago, bagger said:

You need to drag out that saawry a little more

Let's borrow the hodgit now, ohh kaaaay?

Sneak peak of my new tag line for Season 11

giphy.gif

• Love 7
4 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I laughed out loud at your Best Grandma trophy comment. Adam could have given Carole a trophy for Best Coffee Drinker as well. 

Carole and Adam should write a “How To” book.  “How to See The World on Somebody’s Dime” by Carol Radziwill & Adam, what’s his name?

• Love 10

Oh I agree - I like that Dorinda isn't afraid of prints and colors. Her jumpsuit was made well. Sometimes when the HW's wear V neck tops I always think their boobs are going to fall out - I didn't get that with Dorinda's outfit - even if she went into Yosemite Sam pistol shooting mode with her fingers. The makeup was a bit too much for me - too matchy matchy with the outfit. It started off okay but after the first Jovani! she looked like a Picasso in Regan Macneil mode

I liked Dorinda's  jumpsuit from the top.  I just thought the legs shouldn't have been so wide and long.  A more fitted leg with a nice black heels would have kicked it up a notch, IMHO. I didn't mind her makeup.  

• Love 5

Both Carole and Dorinda are wearing dresses that need to be shortened.  They're both dragging on the door. That makes me think neither one of them own their dress.   They're on loan.

• Love 6

28434702_1389063574532850_30090439729296

and thought this:

giphy.gif

Give Carole & Dorinda a whistle, buuttons, and Pom-poms, and they’re ready to go to the circus, er I mean the cabaret.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, booboopbedoo said:

I find Tinsley incredibly childish and dresses too young at times

babyjane.jpg

MeeMaws need to bake and have comfortable Boobies to snuggle up to. Not skin and bones and angles and shitty attitude

Are we talking about Carole or B now?  I’m confused.

the Carole and Dorinda reminded me both dresses were too long.  And I hate a dress where there is a v starting  at or about the vagina. 

Edited by Mrs peel
Photo, I want to add the word photo after “Carole and Dorinda” but it won’t let me see the text!
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, DelicateDee said:

I liked Dorinda's  jumpsuit from the top.  I just thought the legs shouldn't have been so wide and long.  A more fitted leg with a nice black heels would have kicked it up a notch, IMHO. I didn't mind her makeup.  

What you describe sounds chic, and is what Doris should have been wearing.  This season it started to dawn on me how Doris's wardrobe is made up of top quality dated-looking pieces.  She trots them out because they still look new, so she thinks nobody will notice.

She probably has the shoulder pads cut out of jackets and tops to make them wearable again.  She tells herself they're classics, and of better quality than anything she could buy now (which is probably true).  Because she spent so much on each piece, she could never bring herself to get rid of them once they went out of style. 

The reason those pant legs are so wide and long is because they were designed and manufactured back in the '80s when stovepipe pant legs were fashionable and were worn with sky-high platform shoes.  She probably looked fabulous in it decades ago in when it was new and the latest fashion.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 5
57 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Th is meme reminds me that I always wonder if Ramona had a lot of speech therapy.  We always see a lot of TONGUE when she pronounces her L's and TH's.

image.png

I notice this as well.  I always thought it was her idea of being sexy.  She's such an ass.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Anne Thrax said:

What you describe sounds chic, and is what Doris should have been wearing.  But she wasn't.  Because everything in Doris's closet is vintage.  Thirty-forty years ago she spent a shitload of money on clothes.  She spent so much on each piece that she couldn't bring herself to get rid of them once they went out of style. 

It's not vintage, actually.

Current day piece.

It's...(wait for it) Jovani!

https://madamebridal.com/jovani-m61555.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuOe1hab63AIVxksNCh1_IA-1EAYYASABEgJnZPD_BwE

Which explains Doris shrieking the name as if it were not a dress brand, but an L & O cast member bringing her to the verge ("Oh, Detective Jovani Logan! Yes Yes Yes!") 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 10
11 minutes ago, film noire said:

Current day piece.

https://madamebridal.com/jovani-m61555.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuOe1hab63AIVxksNCh1_IA-1EAYYASABEgJnZPD_BwE

Which explains Doris shrieking the name as if it were not a dress brand, but a L & O cast member bringing her to the verge ("Oh, Detective Jovani Logan! Yes Yes Yes!") 

Great catch!

Do you think Dorinda - purchased, borrowed or rented? I'm veering towards borrowed for free in exchange for free publicity for Jovani, because she didn't hem the garment and she has access to Madame Paulette

• Love 12

Maybe I just don't know high-end clothes.  But.  How is it that women with so much money and access to a lot designer clothing...how is it they seem to look tacky a lot of the time?  Romana looked good in the black dress; probably better if it had not been dedazzled.  Very Golden Girls.   I could see Blanche in the striped jumpsuit that Dorinda had on; but possibly tripping on the hem.  Lu Ann can wear almost anything...tall, slim, great shoulders; but I find a lot of her clothes fugly.  (My coffee group has just discovered this word.  It is brilliant...and everyone is 70-90).  Whether you like her or not, Bethanny usually looks the best-dressed; except when she shows cleavage with those awful implants.  I thought almost all of the "Jovani" stuff was not gorgeous...and with the way Dorinda was carrying on, you would have thought the clothes were Chanel.  Did I read upthread that maybe the designer does a lot of pageant gowns?  That would explain it.  The clothes just didn't seem worth all the hysteria. Maybe this should be under one of those Unpopular Opinion threads.

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Great catch!

Thank you ; )

I'm veering towards borrowed for free in exchange for free publicity for Jovani, because she didn't hem the garment and she has access to Madame Paulette

Oh, yeah -- absolutely borrowed, KFB.

Also possible:  they outright gave it to her after a 3 a.m. business call from Doris  ("Sose you give those drezzes to Wuann s'whut about me? oh boy, you better wutch it I will skreem Pavarotti instead you dirty fucking hemline humperzzz..") 

• Love 10

Dorinda definitely has a style, and while it's not mine, she seems to really enjoy graphic prints in primary colors.  I didn't hate the jumpsuit on her.  I wouldn't necessarily describe the Jovani stuff as contemporary, but I thought that Lu's outfits were appropriate for what she was doing, and looked great on her.  Sort of classic, fresh-out-of-rehab, cabaret chic.

• Love 13
17 minutes ago, film noire said:

Thank you ; )

Oh, yeah -- absolutely borrowed, KFB.

Also possible:  they outright gave it to her after a 3 a.m. business call from Doris  ("Sose you give those drezzes to Wuann s'whut about me? oh boy, you better wutch it I will skreem Pavarotti instead you dirty fucking hemline humperzzz..") 

giphy.gif

Should I be afraid that I understand Dorindish?

• Love 9
On 8/18/2018 at 7:25 AM, ladle said:

This.  I found that rude, too.  It's like people texting you on the day of your wedding to ask for directions.  (Not that I'm still bitter...) 

Yes.  She had more important things to worry about. But she did take time to contact Tinsley about tickets for Scott.

22 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Haha, yah but she’s no ones meemaw and she’ll tell how mean that is for you to bring up. 

As a MeeMaw or ma ma as the littles calls me, I recent her being compared to us.

This Mee Maw has the ample bosum, but will be the first to buy you fine baked goods.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

What you describe sounds chic, and is what Doris should have been wearing.  This season it started to dawn on me how Doris's wardrobe is made up of top quality dated-looking pieces.  She trots them out because they still look new, so she thinks nobody will notice.

She probably has the shoulder pads cut out of jackets and tops to make them wearable again.  She tells herself they're classics, and of better quality than anything she could buy now (which is probably true).  Because she spent so much on each piece, she could never bring herself to get rid of them once they went out of style. 

The reason those pant legs are so wide and long is because they were designed and manufactured back in the '80s when stovepipe pant legs were fashionable and were worn with sky-high platform shoes.  She probably looked fabulous in it decades ago in when it was new and the latest fashion.

This could be describing her homes, too. I get the same feeling about those, as I do her clothes.  Overdone, cluttered looking, slightly musty. 

2 hours ago, film noire said:

Current day piece.

It looks better on Dorinda than the model!

• Love 6