Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

The speculation as if it is a fact that Kriny is pregnant is really driving me nuts. I don't think she is pregnant.  It is not a fact so the tangents about about everyone's motivations based on this FACT that she is pregnant is like reading fan fiction. Carry on.

Yes I think Jon enjoyed the fighting and sought them out kind of like how people that age seek out one-night stands. Hey boys let's go out and see if I can get into a fight? He was addicted to it maybe. I bet the person did lose and eye or his eyesight. It is way too many 50 fights? It was probably more like 100.

Edited by calpurnia99
  • Love 7

I cannot decide which of these relationships is more disturbing. In previous seasons, there was always one relationship where you could say "its not that bad. Not good, but not horrid." I can't even say that this season. At least I now know the reason why Jesse had to come all the way to the States and settle for a 43 year old single mom when he's hot-looking. Its because Jesse is controlling and mentally abusive. And Darcy is desperate and insecure. I guess no one in Amsterdam wanted to put up with his crap. 

I hope Ricky is going to tell that poor woman the truth about why he came to Colombia before he has sex with her. Not that I feel too bad for a woman who's willing to bed down with some dude she met online and saw in person 5 minutes ago. 

How is Jon going to be with Rachel when he can't even legally get into the country and she can't move to the UK because she has another kid? Am I the only one who thinks in practical terms?

• Love 4
23 hours ago, magemaud said:

Count me in with the people who never got the "most beautiful woman in the world" hype about Angelina Jolie. She and Hazel do have similar facial structure, high cheekbones and full lips, but to me they're both kind of skeletal looking and have resting bitch face. 

I think Angelina Jolie is the most beautiful woman in the world, and I don't think Hazel looks anything like her.  

23 hours ago, Snewtsie said:

DARCEY.  NEVER.  STOPS.  - I am no fan of Jesse. His superior attitude disgusts me. But if I had to listen to Darcey’s constant commentary I think I would explode in anger at her all the time, too.  She simply cannot stop micromanaging every situation and muttering comments endlessly.

I feel like she is on something.  Maybe Adderall or something like that.  She is just so anxious all of the time.

10 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Ricky seems like a producer plant now.  His storylines are tight and lined up.  At first I thought Ximena was darling until she flat wanted to bone him too and that seemed odd.  It made more sense she was hired help and then it made a lot lot lot more sense that Ricky was promised a 2 week pooncation in Colombia in exchange for his role of advancing this scripted storyline.  Now he’s going to be confessing his original motives for no reason after he boned her and then called her Melissa by accident?  Puhleeze.  

Amateur writing I see you.

I don't think the producers set up anything for Ricky.  I don't think the producers need to do stuff like that, they have enough people willing to look like asses, they don't need to hire anyone or write anything. 

They pay the couple like $5,000 for the whole "season," I highly doubt they are spending any amount of money to get Ricky a new girl.  

• Love 6
23 hours ago, Snewtsie said:

DARCEY.  NEVER.  STOPS.  - I am no fan of Jesse. His superior attitude disgusts me. But if I had to listen to Darcey’s constant commentary I think I would explode in anger at her all the time, too.  She simply cannot stop micromanaging every situation and muttering comments endlessly.

This exactly.   Jesse is an ass for sure, but she brings a lot on herself. 

Ohhh Jesse marry me, love me, be my kids step fodder.... you're not cutting the steak right! Quit elbowing me!!!!   Quit bullying me. Then back to please love me Jesse, I'm begging you...

Darcey could keep a therapist busy for years.

• Love 17
42 minutes ago, Drogo said:

As a longtime appreciator of Rice-A-Roni (when you're away for a long time, it tastes like America) I do not appreciate the dissing of the Roni here.  Herb & Butter, Rice Pilaf, and Stir Fried Rice for the win. 

LOL @ Darcey and Jesse buying the red-label "Beef" flavored one to go with their steak.  Beef Rice-A-Roni is the clear loser of all the flavors, and only on the shelf for those who can't figure out an appropriate side for steak, a protein that can be paired with every side dish under the sun. 

Seriously, who eats steak and rice together? I have never seen this on a real menu. And both looked especially gross. No wonder Jesse and Darcey were cranky, that was a terrible meal idea in every way possible.

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, magemaud said:

image.png.24b686706ded347f7954992302bfff53.pngThis mug shot of Pole reminds me of someone in a White Supremacist rally

So true, I saw BlackKlansman yesterday and that photo creeps me out.  

3 minutes ago, jennyf said:

Seriously, who eats steak and rice together? I have never seen this on a real menu. And both looked especially gross. No wonder Jesse and Darcey were cranky, that was a terrible meal idea in every way possible.

Rice A Roni and flank steak was a regular in my house when I was growing up.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Spike said:

I doubt Rachel gets checked out in bars.  She is plain bordering on homely.

Maybe she's not tarted up enough to get checked out in bars, but I was just noticing that I like the way she looks.  I don't think she has any unattractive features.  And I have no problem with women going out in public looking like what they naturally look like--if men do it, women should be able to do it, too, and if it means they look plain, so be it.  So I find her pleasant looking.

2 hours ago, noveltylibrary said:

Yeah, I really resent TLC for choosing Angela to be on the show this season.  And Jesse and Darcey, too, for that matter.  Because as much as we all know as viewers that this show is made up of a lot of manufactured bullshit and smoke & mirrors, being made aware of Angela's Maury past, along with Darcey & Jesse's business arrangement to get on this show has totally and completely killed my buzz for watching.  Because I know for a fact that I am watching fake Bullshit Artists who just want to be famous when I watch their segments.  The biggest fakers that ever faked. 

But this doesn't bother me because the real fun is watching such lack of dignity to achieve some sort of bad tv status!

I'm going to try to see it your way, @noveltylibrary, but my core reaction is to go with @Cementhead.  Maybe if I knew that all the viewers realize what's going on, I could revel in the indignity, but it's clear that they don't. 

4 minutes ago, jennyf said:

I've seen it a lot, in restaurants.  Here's one place:

cr-02-1020x0.jpg

• Love 10

Rice is good with everything.  Rice-A-Roni even has a cilantro lime variety that would've been delicious with a heavily seasoned steak.  But Darcey and Jesse do the minimum required for any possible task. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Drogo said:

As a longtime appreciator of Rice-A-Roni (when you're away for a long time, it tastes like America) I do not appreciate the dissing of the Roni here.  Herb & Butter, Rice Pilaf, and Stir Fried Rice for the win. 

I am with you.  Who hasn't kept Rice-A-Roni around for the days you work 12 hours and your favorite crap show is coming on?  Sorry to say it is now on my no-no list from the doctor.  Getting older sucks.

1 minute ago, magemaud said:

I've seen rice or baked potatoes paired with steak on menus, but nobody has ever offered me BOTH! 

Two starches?  No, just no.

If Jesse and Darcy are on the show to become "famous" they why be an idiot and an asshole?  How will that help?

• Love 6
56 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

Am I the only one who thinks in practical terms?

No, you are not alone.  I think some people have a disorder that steers them in to the lane of most resistance.  Making choices that will only lead to drama and that will give them the most attention and pity from everyone they know.  

How do you claim you love someone that you cannot be in the same room with or does not respect you/wants to change everything about you in the first 10 min of meeting?

1 minute ago, Owwwww ma leg said:

I wasn’t paying attention, did they add a veggie to the dish?

I have not been eating carbs, veggies and protein only for quite a while and now after these posts I'm ready for Rice A Roni AND a baked potato, lol.

Seriously, I would have thought Jesse is a health nut and would have insisted on veggies or salad at least.

• Love 3
On 9/3/2018 at 6:31 AM, Neurochick said:

I don’t get the hate for Dean when Hazel admitted she only wants Tarik to come to the US.

And see, I think this is what negates it for me. Hazel isn't tricking Tarik - she's pretty up front about it. This is the same reason I always liked Anfisa and got annoyed with Jorge's sisters. If these men are out there to get women they find hot and that they know are quid pro quo then that's on them. The person family should be yelling at is THEM not the girl who's being up front with what she wants/needs/expects.

• Love 20
On 9/3/2018 at 6:41 AM, Kangatush said:

Protection orders don't have to mean you're actually a bad person, they're easy to get.

Don't know about where Paul lives but that's categorically untrue in Texas. A protection order is a legal service carried out by the state AGs office - essentially the state is suing on behalf of the victim. The proof criteria is extremely high, which is why violating the order is a criminal act.  Also, two parties cannot have orders out on each other. Again, wherever it is that Paul is from may be different, but just the fact that the order exists and he violated would keep me the hell away from him.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Lynnlynnlynn586 said:

Jon.  I'm thinking the majority of his 50-60 fights were with amusement park ride operators and instigated by the "You Must Be This Tall ..." sign.

Okay.  You have to stop this right now.  That's quite enough.  The neighbors are starting to talk about the crazy woman snorting at her laptop.  I can't afford another psych eval.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I don’t get the hate for Dean when Hazel admitted she only wants Tarik to come to the US.  Hazel is a vampire.  She marries Tarik, first she brings her son over, then her parents, then maybe other relatives and Tarik will be the fool sponsoring all of them.  All this does is take away from his daughter.  I do not see Hazel as this poor innocent woman.  Just because she’s a woman doesn’t mean she doesn’t deserve an interrogation, especially when we all know she’s disgusted by Tarik.

I just think Dean is an asshole the whole way he went about it, and appeared drunk so that added to it. I see looking out for your brother but his brother is grown and knows what he’s doing. Tarik is letting his penis make the descions here and not his head. Hazel is up front about the fact she’s looking for a way out, of Tarik chooses to ignore that major red flag and hope for the best just to get laid then he’s an idiot! And that still doesn’t give Dean the right to flip out, he should flip on his brother not her, she’s not hiding her motives. The child thing noones really knows why she doesn’t have her child, apparently not even Tarik or if she did tell him once again he blew it off for his penis sake...

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Kellyee said:

I cannot decide which of these relationships is more disturbing. In previous seasons, there was always one relationship where you could say "its not that bad. Not good, but not horrid." I can't even say that this season. At least I now know the reason why Jesse had to come all the way to the States and settle for a 43 year old single mom when he's hot-looking. Its because Jesse is controlling and mentally abusive. And Darcy is desperate and insecure. I guess no one in Amsterdam wanted to put up with his crap. 

I hope Ricky is going to tell that poor woman the truth about why he came to Colombia before he has sex with her. Not that I feel too bad for a woman who's willing to bed down with some dude she met online and saw in person 5 minutes ago. 

How is Jon going to be with Rachel when he can't even legally get into the country and she can't move to the UK because she has another kid? Am I the only one who thinks in practical terms?

I guess they could both go to another country with less stringent standards. 

If she does marry Jon, I hope Ella’s father gets an order that Jon cannot be alone with her and that she cannot go to England,

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, shockermolar said:

And see, I think this is what negates it for me. Hazel isn't tricking Tarik - she's pretty up front about it. This is the same reason I always liked Anfisa and got annoyed with Jorge's sisters. If these men are out there to get women they find hot and that they know are quid pro quo then that's on them. The person family should be yelling at is THEM not the girl who's being up front with what she wants/needs/expects.

The issue is that right now it doesn't look like Hazel has been so honest with Tarik about her motives, just the cameras.  He's still talking love.  If she's straight up with him, like Alla was with Matt on a previous season, about her expectations, go for it.

28 minutes ago, shockermolar said:

Don't know about where Paul lives but that's categorically untrue in Texas. A protection order is a legal service carried out by the state AGs office - essentially the state is suing on behalf of the victim. The proof criteria is extremely high, which is why violating the order is a criminal act.  Also, two parties cannot have orders out on each other. Again, wherever it is that Paul is from may be different, but just the fact that the order exists and he violated would keep me the hell away from him.

{I AM NOT A LAWYER}  In my (very limited) experience, getting a PO. is easy.  Say a couple is having a fight, verbal, but she somehow scratches him.  The police show up to remove the guy.  She can get a TPO if she says she feels threatened, he can get a TPO because he has marks.  Permanent orders can demand more proof, but since they are meant as protection, temporary ones are very quick and usually only rely on what you say happened.

48 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I've seen rice or baked potatoes paired with steak on menus, but nobody has ever offered me BOTH! 

It can happen with the carb lovers left to pick their own sides.   And I'm not gonna hate on the roni, it can be convenient as hell.

1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Maybe she's not tarted up enough to get checked out in bars, but I was just noticing that I like the way she looks.  I don't think she has any unattractive features.  And I have no problem with women going out in public looking like what they naturally look like--if men do it, women should be able to do it, too, and if it means they look plain, so be it.  So I find her pleasant looking.

You speak like someone who has never been a chick in a bar.  She could be horrendously ugly, (but I think she's quite attractive) and as long as she has boobs, she'll get checked out in a bar.  Kind of like this show, if you super lower your standards, women can get action any time at all, even if they're slopping around in sweats.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Mainer said:

I just think Dean is an asshole the whole way he went about it, and appeared drunk so that added to it. I see looking out for your brother but his brother is grown and knows what he’s doing. Tarik is letting his penis make the descions here and not his head. Hazel is up front about the fact she’s looking for a way out, of Tarik chooses to ignore that major red flag and hope for the best just to get laid then he’s an idiot! And that still doesn’t give Dean the right to flip out, he should flip on his brother not her, she’s not hiding her motives. The child thing noones really knows why she doesn’t have her child, apparently not even Tarik or if she did tell him once again he blew it off for his penis sake...

The thing about Dean's attack that bothered me most was the visual aspect.  Dean is a great big man--Tarek has said he is 6'2", so I'm assuming Dean is in the same neighborhood, and muscled up the wazoo.  His face was angry and scary.  And there Hazel sits, this waif of a woman, maybe 80 lbs. and five feet tall, being harangued by this huge, strong, loud American man. 

• Love 15
8 minutes ago, Kangatush said:

You speak like someone who has never been a chick in a bar.  She could be horrendously ugly, (but I think she's quite attractive) and as long as she has boobs, she'll get checked out in a bar.  Kind of like this show, if you super lower your standards, women can get action any time at all, even if they're slopping around in sweats.

I think Rachel is pretty. She’s not hyper sexual or “tarted up” but she looks like a “typical” woman in her 30s. Not all women are into a big beauty routine, and at least a guy knows what Rachel is going to look like when she wakes up. 

Also being attractive has nothing to do with getting hit on other than younger/more attractive women get hit on more, but for most women save a facial deformity or an obvious physical disability*, so long as we look like we are pre-menopausal men will hit on us (inappropriately) in public spaces. Older women get hit on less but it happens. 

*abelism & the notion that disabled people are non sexual. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 8
19 minutes ago, Kangatush said:

I AM NOT A LAWYER}  In my (very limited) experience, getting a PO. is easy.  Say a couple is having a fight, verbal, but she somehow scratches him.  The police show up to remove the guy.  She can get a TPO if she says she feels threatened, he can get a TPO because he has marks.  Permanent orders can demand more proof, but since they are meant as protection, temporary ones are very quick and usually only rely on what you say happened.

I agree, I think if you use the word “threatened” bam there’s your protection order. My concern isn’t that she got one it’s the fact that he thought the rules didn’t apply to him and went against it anyways. And if it was simply one text message then was it a felony for him to break it? Because if the charge was a felony on why she got it then that makes it breaking it a felony. At least in my state which then makes it an arrestabke offense. I’m not a lawyer either but I think a simple misdemeanor I feel threatened order wouldn’t be enough that he’d be arrested over one text, the cops would probably call him and warn him if he contacted again he’d be arrested. And also he clearly is scared by his past charges which shows me it was pretty serious idk tho... we need to talk to the X! Lol

• Love 1

I know someone who got a temporary order of protection based on complete bullshit in Pennsylvania. It only lasted a couple days and was not made permanent, but it allowed her to lock him out of the house for several days. All because they were fighting over the car keys and he bumped her arm and she said he attacked her. She later admitted she made it up to get back at him for filing for divorce. It seems really easy to get. And she got $10,000 from him in the end just to go away. After less than 2 years of marriage.

That being said, Paul creeps me out. And he was arrested and convicted for arson. I think he has serious issues.

I think Rachel is pretty. I think she could benefit from a more stylish haircut, but I don't think she's unattractive at all.  Its harder to date in your 30's though, and especially as a single mother. But that doesn't excuse her doing something this stupid and hauling her baby along for the ride. Maybe I've lived a sheltered life, but 50 fights seems like a lot. 

• Love 5
On 9/3/2018 at 12:48 AM, Kangatush said:

It's a fabric term basically meaning at an angle, across the weave.  She works in fashion so it makes sense that's a term she'd use.

By "works in Fashion" I'm guessing she's the one who shows you where the dressing rooms are at Banana Republic?

On 9/3/2018 at 1:27 AM, charmed1 said:

Yes he did. She was all, “Oh kids, I want to make sure you guys are fed, okay?” “I know how my kids like their food!” The kids were sitting there like, “Who is this pod person?”

That whole scene was ridiculous--"Oh, look at us, all together, just a happy family making dinner!" Even before I knew how to cook I'd be embarrassed to put that pathetic mess on the table. Sheesh.

On 9/3/2018 at 1:42 AM, Toaster Strudel said:

Did BackupXimena really fly to meet up with 5'6" (I'm not sure if he meant width , circumference, or 5 foot tall with a 6 inch dick) PenisBrainRicky? Or is the luggage containing everything she'll need for immediate and permanent departure to America?

She didn't glance at his ample, cereal box physique for a second. She was all business. Petals, chocolates, wine, check. OK let's go go go. Cut the gentleman crap and let's shag. She has only 10 days and she needs to make him totally addicted to her. She won't care about that other chick. She'll gladly accept a ring intended for another thot if it means she can get a K1.

I'm no fan of Ricky. He went to meet the "love of his life" and propose, but when she didn't respond enthusiastically to being stalked every hour after sending a strong message showing up 5 hours late, he just went, F that, I got myself a back up, let's see how it goes. He doesn't care who he brings home as long "she's so hot." What a gentleman! What a hopeless romantic!

'RoidRageDean. That's all I have to say about him. Actually that's not true. He was furious at "hello." The monster asks Hazel a question that causes her pain, and to shut down, and he responds by going HULK SMASH! on her. It's no surprise she ran away, most people would have, and Hazel looks 90 lbs. Dean's baseline anger level is not natural. Imagine the Godzilla-level mayhem this intimidating meat-bag of synthetic hormones is going to inflict on Manila when he realizes he flew 30 hours to speak to Hazel for 2 minutes and be shunned. For everyone's sake, let's hope he finds a gym, enough protein supplements, and an unscrupulous doctor.

Ricky gives me the shudders. He is veering close to the PUA/MRA line. "What? I'm a gentleman! I deserve sex with hot women!"

Dean can miss me. He's a dick.

23 hours ago, Kangatush said:

I try to look at it this way, but every so often I get sad and think, "why am I single and these garbage people aren't?"  

Two words: higher standards.

• Love 14
10 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

Maybe I've lived a sheltered life, but 50 fights seems like a lot. 

We can be in this shelter together. ONE fight where criminal charges were filed seems like a lot. I don’t think Rachel’s age or how she looks has anything to do with why she made this choice......

50.......that’s a lot of fighting!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, jennyf said:

What?  LOL  I eat steak and rice together all the time...have seen it on many menus.  Although I would not choose to eat two starches (rice and potatoes). 

To each their own!

Darcey strikes me as a total "convenience" cookin' mom...I'm sure packaged/prepared/processed foods are a daily occurence.

Edited by Kelly
  • Love 10
19 minutes ago, Mothra said:

The thing about Dean's attack that bothered me most was the visual aspect.  Dean is a great big man--Tarek has said he is 6'2", so I'm assuming Dean is in the same neighborhood, and muscled up the wazoo.  His face was angry and scary.  And there Hazel sits, this waif of a woman, maybe 80 lbs. and five feet tall, being harangued by this huge, strong, loud American man. 

I didn’t think Dean was all that loud or scary. He didn’t raise his hand or threaten her. Tarik  didn’t have to get up and protect her from him, nor did he go overboard defending her. IMO he may not have liked the way Dean asked the questions but he wasn’t upset that he asked. I wonder just what she has told him about the situation with her son. Tarik has expressed his concern about Hazel’s feelings for him. Yes he is hot for her, but he also wants her to feel the same about him. As stupid as we may feel these guys are, both Tarik and Ricky must have gotten the impression that the women WANTED THEM. If all Hazel wants is a ticket to the USA, I don’t think Tarik is  on board with that. He’s looking for a hot wife and decent stepmother for his child. I don’t think he wants someone he needs to prompt to kiss him, or who submits to his sexual advances as part of a deal she’s made in return for passage to the USA. His concern would be that once settled, green card in hand and possibly reunited with her child, she’d dump him. So while Dean was forceful and pointed in his demeanor, the questions were the same that Tarik has and probably doesn’t ask. 

It will be interesting to see if the confrontation pushes them apart or brings them closer.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Drogo said:

LOL @ Darcey and Jesse buying the red-label "Beef" flavored one to go with their steak.  Beef Rice-A-Roni is the clear loser of all the flavors, and only on the shelf for those who can't figure out an appropriate side for steak, a protein that can be paired with every side dish under the sun. 

My favorite is the Parmesan & Romano, hard to find - Cilantro Lime is another good one.  Don't bag on my San Francisco treat

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Kangatush said:

2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Also being attractive has nothing to do with getting hit on other than younger/more attractive women get hit on more, but for most women save a facial deformity or an obvious physical disability*, so long as we look like we are pre-menopausal men will hit on us (inappropriately) in public spaces. Older women get hit on less but it happens.

Wow.  I was a pre-menopausal chick with boobs in a bar for many years, dating back to the fern bars/singles bars days, and it was much more common for me not to get hit on than to be approached.  Maybe they were checking me out, but they sure weren't doing anything about it.

I always thought it was because I was plain, but it sounds like thinking of myself as plain was being overly generous.  Ouch.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

By "works in Fashion" I'm guessing she's the one who shows you where the dressing rooms are at Banana Republic?

Two words: higher standards.

She and her sister have (had?) that clothing line, House of 11.  I only remember because she made him wear branded items during the entire trip to Amsterdam.  

And yes, I remember that I do actually have standards, and I'm not sad any more.

• Love 4

If Jon really does have that bad of a criminal record, and 50-60 fights, then I don’t think he is ever getting into the United States, especially on a K-1 VISA. My guess is that Rachel would be fine with having a long distance marriage. She can say her daughter has a daddy and she doesn’t have to deal with the realities that come with being in a relationship with someone who lives nearby. A part of me thinks Rachel is ashamed of the fact her baby doesn’t have an involved father and she is trying to fix it, especially since her other daughter does seem to have such a father. 

Thinking about this more that I should have, I am off the Hazel train. Dean was completely wrong in behavior but I can’t feel sympathy for Hazel. As a previously poster said, if she was American, we would be all over her “relationship” with Tarik. She doesn’t like him and, if anything, seems to think she could do better when he is obviously her only option. I don’t doubt she has been talking to other guys looking for someone to take her to the US. I also call BS on her being so religious, and of such high moral character, she won’t have sex until he marries her. She has already decided to sell herself for the green card by getting married. She just wants to make sure he gets her out of poverty. To get tarik so interested that he would fly so far, she had to have been behaving online in a different manner than we see now. I think she is more calculating that she appears. I would also take anything she said about her child with a grain of salt considering she wants Tarik to marry her. Playing Damsel in distress might be her M.O. online. 

Darcy and Jesse are just idiots in every way mentioned on this forum. If they wanted quality “family” time, they could have ordered take-out and played a board game or charades. Most people would find that fun but, I know, Darcy and Jesse would find a way to turn it into a fight. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Wow.  I was a pre-menopausal chick with boobs in a bar for many years, dating back to the fern bars/singles bars days, and it was much more common for me not to get hit on than to be approached.  Maybe they were checking me out, but they sure weren't doing anything about it.

I always thought it was because I was plain, but it sounds like thinking of myself as plain was being overly generous.  Ouch.

Trust me, it's not you.  I forgot to mention that it's not true for every bar.  The more dive bar it is, the higher, and weirder, the odds.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I'm going to try to see it your way, @noveltylibrary, but my core reaction is to go with @Cementhead.  Maybe if I knew that all the viewers realize what's going on, I could revel in the indignity, but it's clear that they don't. 

I've seen it a lot, in restaurants.  Here's one place:

cr-02-1020x0.jpg

She has a pug nose for one.  Looks like a Shih Tzu or Lhasa Apso.

Okay, I stand corrected on steak and rice as a dish. I am not partial to either, so I didnt know it was a thing outside of hibachi restaurants. I stand by my statement that the way Jesse and Darcey prepared both could not have been more unappealing. They needed a lot less hate plus a grill or a cast iron pan and a rice cooker, or they should have chosen a different menu and different partners. 

Edited by jennyf
Because unappealing is very different from appealing
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, jennyf said:

Okay, I stand corrected on steak and rice as a dish. I am not partial to either, so I didnt know it was a thing outside of hibachi restaurants. I stand by my statement that the way Jesse and Darcey prepared both could not have been more appealing. They needed a lot less hate plus a grill or a cast iron pan and a rice cooker, or they should have chosen a different menu and different partners. 

I've said it before, and I guarantee I'll say it again, logic has no place here.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I’m sure you were and are lovely.

You may have “resting bitch face”(meaning your face looks upset when you’re not)  OR have been going out with male company which distracts from other men trying to pick you up. 

1 hour ago, MakingBacon said:

I also call BS on her being so religious, and of such high moral character, she won’t have sex until he marries her.

I didn’t get the impression that Hazel was holding out on sexual intimacy for religious or moral reasons. I cannot recall her saying that.

I took it that she was holding off on sex because she wanted marriage and a chance to come to the USA, and she didn’t want to have sex and get dumped by Tariq. Also I’m not sure how many contraceptive options are available to her, I’m sure she doesn’t want to get pregnant again. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 7
22 minutes ago, jennyf said:

Okay, I stand corrected on steak and rice as a dish. I am not partial to either, so I didnt know it was a thing outside of hibachi restaurants. I stand by my statement that the way Jesse and Darcey prepared both could not have been more LESS appealing. They needed a lot less hate plus a grill or a cast iron pan and a rice cooker, or they should have chosen a different menu and different partners. 

Is this what you meant?  

Other than that, I agree with you completely.  

• Love 1