Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E16: Guess Who's Arguing at Dinner?

• Start Topic

Also I wanted to add, there's no way Sonja's shorts belonged to her daughter. Q is teenage tiny and Sonja is at least a 4. Her shorts were too small. I thought the pink outfit was cute though and if the shorts were just slightly more roomy (no camels) it would have been just right. 

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

And why did she call Dennis for a plane? This is a woman who arranged for countless private jets to deliver supplies to devastated areas of Puerto Rico and Houston. She can’t get her own plane? She could have snapped her fingers and had one.  She was never leaving. She didn’t want a plane, she wanted sympathy. She wanted attention. She wanted to play they victim. 

And this is presumably after her desperate texts to Red Scarf Guy for a date, so she and Dennis were not exactly bff's at the time.  

• Love 14
9 hours ago, escatefromny said:

During the 2 ring circus Luanne kept checking to see of the camera was “getting this”.

I don't believe it was necessarily 'getting' the drama.  I can see this becoming a topic of conversation at the reunion.  With the 'roll tape' that Andy can now request, Dorinda can't deny she said what she said.  

As for Bethenny, she does have entirely too much going on just now, what with the custody and all that.  We've known for quite a while that this is a messy divorce and he's been absolutely awful to her (whether deservedly or not, I wasn't watching the show when the two of them were still together).  She's taking a lot of this very personally, more so than many would.  He's attacking her, using Bryn as a weapon.  Having lost a child, as I did, in my divorce, I understand much of what she's feeling, but she's a bit over the top with it.  I called it as a breakdown last week.

She needs to take some ISOLATED time off and just do some introspection as to where she's going in life.  The guy she married is an a$$ and she is not making herself look good by bawling her eyes out all day long.  The guy doesn't care.  He doesn't care if she's upset, unless he's a sadist.  In which case, she shouldn't give him the satisfaction of being public with her attitude,

• Love 8

(I was replying to someone here, but their quote got eaten by the Internet Monster. The gist was that Dorinda is a manipulator with or without alcohol.)

Manipulative behavior is a part of the classic addict profile. I'm not trying to diagnose or defend Dorinda, but she's dropping red flags all over the place. 

7 hours ago, SailorGirl said:

Come on . . . how can you not love Tinsley? "I have a mug shot too. Whatever." I love the Tinz . . . there is something endearing about her naivete and her self-deprecation is amusing -- #TeamTinsley

Ah. A Tale of Two Tinsleys.  Tinsley #1 is fun, kind, and even insightful. Tinsley #1 is great. Unfortunately, there's also Tinsley #2, the drama queen with arrested development who can't get over her "It" girl past. 

• Love 16
8 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Doesn’t matter.  They’re all going to drown next week.  All that going to be left is Carole’s earrings, a blinking balloon floating on the water, and, the smell of jealousy, despair and tequila.

I guess next week's ep is the one we've all been waiting for?

• Love 7
9 hours ago, chewycandy said:

There was something about the moment when Carole kissed her and said I do love you. 

I assumed Dorinda flailed her arm and the glass went flying in Luann’s direction. 

Yeah, I think a glass was dropped or knocked over (likely by Dorinda), and I believe that was a Ramona scream.  Because Ramona.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, SailorGirl said:

Come on . . . how can you not love Tinsley? "I have a mug shot too. Whatever." I love the Tinz . . . there is something endearing about her naivete and her self-deprecation is amusing -- #TeamTinsley

And this is what Scott sees (or did see) in her.  There are guys out there who want this in their women.  He's gotten what he wanted.  I don't criticize as long as he doesn't mistreat her and that certainly doesn't seem to be the case.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, esco1822 said:

And why did she call Dennis for a plane? This is a woman who arranged for countless private jets to deliver supplies to devastated areas of Puerto Rico and Houston. She can’t get her own plane? She could have snapped her fingers and had one.  She was never leaving. She didn’t want a plane, she wanted sympathy. She wanted attention. She wanted to play they victim. 

I giggled at that and thought she really was having her Jill moment.  "Bahhbby (rest his soul), I need a plane."

• Love 16
9 hours ago, fountain said:

I figured she is constipated because she barely eats.  I mean it would explain her stick up her ass attitude.  Probably she needs a good crap to get it out.  Maybe the street juice will work, one can only hope!

Nothing like a Colombian tapeworm to fix what ails ya.

• Love 7

I know they have already filmed the reunion episodes but I am crossing my fingers they air lots of footage of Dorinda in all her slurry nasty glory. I want to see her charm her way out of that! How can she justify the fact that she can hardly speak coherently? Will she deny she has a drinking problem? I liked (sober) Dorinda in her first couple of seasons but her divorce vs widowhood arguments (the absolute that all widowhood is worse than all divorce) and her run and tell tales to people (to stir up drama? To keep her apple?) behaviours are wearing thin on me.  The things she jumped on Luanne about tonight were going for Luanne’s jugular: being too Countessy, now she’s an ex Countess, she has a mugshot, she is a felon.... Dorinda seems to have a nasty core which is showing through.

• Love 18
8 hours ago, Anonysaurus said:

Am I the only one who actually likes Tinsley?

You are not.

8 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Two bloodbaths percolating on both sides of her, and Ramona’s fixing her makeup.

lol  Yeah, Ramona was busy rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

• Love 13

This was the first time I've ever felt Carole--I can see how hard it would be to be friends with B and she expressed it very well this ep.  I don't believe in Ride or Die Sonya.  I am going through a very similar situation and it is bizarre because like B said there's no smoking gun as to why we stopped talking after being dear friends for years.  I was in an unsure place when we met, my husband had just left but as I grew confident and didn't want it all to be downer talk something shifted.  In other words she's great in a crisis like B, but can't be happy for someone living their best life because she is not.

It's sad but it happens.

• Love 19
8 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I don't know why Bethenny would have a hard time believing that Carole would think Bethenny was turning her head. Bethenny has talked openly about feeling uncomfortable around Carole, refused to look at Carole, and run to the other side of the table at the spa because she didn't want to sit next to Carole. This was completely consistent with all of the shit that Bethenny has pulled this season. Bethenny is a nasty immature selfish bint.

I've had friendships blow up before, and it is awful and uncomfortable and awkward.  I think that Bethenny has surely had it happen before as well, but the difference here; the reason she can't control her emotions, is because she has to be in such close proximity with the former friend.  Most of us can and do distance ourselves in a similar circumstance.  Bethenny can't because of contractual obligations.  Reality tv is a bitch man!

8 hours ago, MadLove said:

Yeah me too....Eve, Evelyn? Who is this person?

Also am I the only one who heard Dorinda call Luanne "Darlene" twice when they first started arguing at dinner?

Eve? Evelyn? Darlene?

Dorinda was mocking Lu's darling.

8 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Mystery of the night on the board....who is Evelyn????  We all want to know.

I no longer care, lol.

• Love 14
7 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

The Bravo crew was probably thinking, “We didn’t bring enough cameras!”

I actually thought it was brilliantly edited.

7 hours ago, esco1822 said:

Did anyone else notice that Dorinda was wearing the same earrings Carole gave Sonja only in black? The ones B was wearing in her TH’s were also very similar. Could it be that Carole actually DID buy them for everyone and not just Sonja to butter her up??

There is no way in hell that Carole only bought earrings for Sonja. 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I've had friendships blow up before, and it is awful and uncomfortable and awkward.  I think that Bethenny has surely had it happen before as well, but the difference here; the reason she can't control her emotions, is because she has to be in such close proximity with the former friend.  Most of us can and do distance ourselves in a similar circumstance.  Bethenny can't because of contractual obligations.  Reality tv is a bitch man!

I wonder if most of Bethenny’s ‘friendships’ that have blown up were actually employees? We’ve seen how ‘close’ she is with her employees and how she deems them her ‘friends’ but they don’t ever stay for a long time. Carole isn’t an employee so the dynamic is very different.... I wonder also if Bethenny can even tell the difference? Thinking through even more, perhaps that’s why it’s hurting Bethenny in such a raw way...this is a ‘real’ friend, not an employee, yet she’s driving her away too. I suspect there’s a lot of pushing people to prove they will stay. That backfires with someone who is an employee (no pay is worth that drama) and with someone like Carole who only wants happy somewhat shallow friendships and doesn’t want the drama that comes with being Bethenny’s friend.

• Love 7
(edited)
7 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Beth, maybe if you stopped shrieking at people, you’d have more friends. 

Nah.  lol

7 hours ago, Nancybeth said:

Carole said she bought earrings for all the ladies when she brought the blue pair to Sonja's room! I thought it was strange that we never saw her give them to anyone else, but they clearly received them at some point. 

Making Bethenny's statement "I need to vomit" or something like that, after Sonja told her they were from Carole, even stranger.

7 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

If Bethenny was really as smart as she constantly shoves at us that she is, she'd market the fuck outta those cute Sonja earrings in a bunch of different colors.  I think I care more about those earrings than the stupid fights!  Honestly, when they broke up into 2 (or more) groups, I couldn't keep track, lost interest & turned on Rachel Maddow.

Those earrings are everywhere, and have been for a couple of years.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, ichbin said:

Did anybody see any tears during any of her breakdowns in this episode?  I'm asking seriously because I couldn't see any.  I saw her screw up her face and make sniffing sounds, but if there were any actual tears I missed them.  

She buys her tears from the same supplier as Tamra in OC.  They're called Dry Tears by Crocodile & Co.  I'm expecting a licensing deal to emerge...Skinny Girl Tears.

4 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

So all of Bethenny's histrionics were her coming down hard off of adderall, yeah?

The signature machine gun-speak would indicate to me perhaps an OD of adderall, not the reverse.

<not completely serious, only half kidding>

• Love 19
3 hours ago, Sharonana said:

Why would she be jealous of Bethenny?

Exactly.  Because she has cash?  Because clearly, that hasn't fixed any of Bethenny's psychoses.  Money ain't a cure-all y'all.

Exhibit A:  Bethenny Frankel

2 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Also I wanted to add, there's no way Sonja's shorts belonged to her daughter. Q is teenage tiny and Sonja is at least a 4. Her shorts were too small. I thought the pink outfit was cute though and if the shorts were just slightly more roomy (no camels) it would have been just right. 

I agree with one hedge - would have preferred a neutral shoe.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

She buys her tears from the same supplier as Tamra in OC.  They're called Dry Tears by Crocodile & Co.  I'm expecting a licensing deal to emerge...Skinny Girl Tears.

The signature machine gun-speak would indicate to me perhaps an OD of adderall, not the reverse.

<not completely serious, only half kidding>

I always thought Bethenny was on some uppers (that she shouldn't be on) it explains the rapid talking the bouncing around the being able to have 24 hrs of your day scheduled and it also explains the mood swings and irritability too ... the woman has cracked....

• Love 10

That whole dinner scene where everyone was screaming all at once reminded of those old “ who dun it movies” like Hercule Peroit.  Who’s the murderer in the end ..  Dorinda !

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

That whole dinner scene where everyone was screaming all at once reminded of those old “ who dun it movies” like Hercule Peroit.  Who’s the murderer in the end ..  Dorinda !

I don't think so, she's the red herring, it'd be Tinsley, quiet and dumb.

Surprise she's the clever murderer!

Or Ramona because, oh, of course, it'd have to be Ramona...

• Love 8
1 hour ago, b2H said:

And this is what Scott sees (or did see) in her.  There are guys out there who want this in their women.  He's gotten what he wanted.  I don't criticize as long as he doesn't mistreat her and that certainly doesn't seem to be the case.

Exactly. She certainly comes across as (other than spending money on her) as pretty easy going -- she doesn't seem to get caught up in the drama and argument for argument's sake, she knows all the right people, she knows how to carry herself and converse at high-money events, and in some circles, she likely gives Scott more credibility as he is "new money" and she is not. I think that's part of the whole "IT Girl" persona -- they present themselves as out for fun and good times, nothing too serious, but not being bitches either. Even with her mugshot-related situation, she had the resources to hire lawyers and pr agents to manage everything and rebrand her -- all she had to go was go along with the plan. I wish I had the resources to be able to manage the bullshit in my life that way. Let someone else worry about it and do all the hard work -- so long as I trust them, just tell me what to do and where to sign -- thanks, time to jet off to Cartahena and go shopping -- let me know if I need to sign anything else -- thanks! I think we'd ALL be that way!! 

• Love 11
9 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

That was one of my favourite parts of the night. That and Tins being totally oblivious to the heated conversations on either end of the table. And what was that Ramona had? I looked like a rather large hard sided case with a big mirror inside the lid. It was huge for something one would take to dinner to check on lipstick. Did she steal it from Tins's glad squad? Did she carry it in a purse, or was it her purse? 

I guess it’s a miracle that Ramona doesn’t travel with a full-length tri-fold mirror that some poor soul has to schlep around for her!

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

Last night I saw a glimps of Little Ramoner 50 years ago, while her parents went apeshit at the dinner table...she knows how to handle herself in a monkey cage when all hell breaks loose. 

Someone called into WWHL asking her why she didn't say anything back when Dorinda told her to shut her mouth... Hello are you new to the show??  There is NO talking to her once the Beast comes out.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Sure looked sexy though, she lost weight quickly by not drinking..it works, I did too.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, 918lux said:

YES!!!! To all of this!!  I feel like I'm a crazy person because it seems so obvious to me that Bethenny is orchestrating all this insanity and Carole is just trying to have a peaceful trip for the sake of the other girls and calmly address the situation, then I come on here and everyone else seems to be seeing the opposite of that.  It's interesting how we can all see different things out of the same scenes.  

Agreed on everything. lol 

• Love 13
10 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

But seriously though, what was the crash and the scream?

They're going to need a larger camera crew for this bickering bunch when they go out to eat and drink.  The cameras were focused on the never ending circle of an argument at one end of the table - when world war three was starting at the other.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

I know they have already filmed the reunion episodes but I am crossing my fingers they air lots of footage of Dorinda in all her slurry nasty glory. I want to see her charm her way out of that! How can she justify the fact that she can hardly speak coherently? Will she deny she has a drinking problem? I liked (sober) Dorinda in her first couple of seasons but her divorce vs widowhood arguments (the absolute that all widowhood is worse than all divorce) and her run and tell tales to people (to stir up drama? To keep her apple?) behaviours are wearing thin on me.  The things she jumped on Luanne about tonight were going for Luanne’s jugular: being too Countessy, now she’s an ex Countess, she has a mugshot, she is a felon.... Dorinda seems to have a nasty core which is showing through.

Why isn’t anyone putting Dorinda in rehab?  John, Andy, her daughter?  Andy likes her drunk and raging .. it makes for good t.v., but what about her welfare?  Doesn’t anyone care?  You would think after seeing herself on t.v., she would realize she needs help.  It’s been too many times.

• Love 16
(edited)
2 hours ago, 918lux said:

Bethenny is exhausting.

I agree. She doesn't listen to anything anyone says.  Her brain is far too busy whirling around.  I don't know why Carole keeps wanting to sit down and talk - maybe the show's producer says they must do this and sets it up.  But Bethany needs a Valium or some sort of medication to calm her when she gets like this.  There's no talking to her. It must be hard on her central nervous system to be in this anguished aggitated  state all the time.

Edited by Pondlass1
  • Love 23
(edited)

For all of you that have adamantly disliked Dorinda, I get it now.  If Dorinda's family is not sitting down with her and talking about rehab after this episode, they are at best enablers and at worst don't care about her.  She is a very mean drunk, which would be less of an issue if she was not drunk so often. 

The conversation with Carole and Bethenny was just painful.  They are so over each other, they should just move on and stop torturing those around them. This may be one of their least enjoyable group vacations ever.   

Edited by laprin
  • Love 18