Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Media: Lanford, IL Patch

1 hour ago, Bastet said:

And a piece of the backend.  I'm glad, too, because she was one of the main reasons I enjoyed the spinoff.

She’s a lead too, isn’t she? What is the justification for paying her less? I could see if Sara and Lecy made the same and John and Laurie made more but I don’t see why the other 3 leads get more pay than the 4th. Anyone?

Technically the reboot hinged on the larger star power of (originally Roseanne), John, Laurie, and even Sara. Lecy has been more of a working actress post-Roseanne, and therefore off the mainstream Hollywood radar. 

The fact that she became a dark horse fan favorite over the last 2 seasons by breathing new life into Becky was a pleasant surprise, that now she can leverage for more of the royalties. I think that’s great for her!

Edited by Not4Me
  • Like 11

Yes, pretty sure ABC expected Darlene to be the center of the spin-off.  I'm just thankful that it remained more of an ensemble than that. 

• Like 4

I'm glad the show is coming back, and that I got to go and laugh heartily at the posts assuring everyone that the show will definitely be canceled next season and the ratings will definitely be fractional next season - that may be true for all I know, I wouldn't be shocked, but these people were saying the same thing THIS season.

I felt somewhat bad for Michael Fishman when I saw an article which said he wouldn't be in all episodes. I guess he wasn't this past season either, but seeing him sort of deemphasized away from the other longtime cast members (and one article even mentioned Ames McNamara and not him) feels slightly wrong. I don't think he should ever be a lead, but I do think he works very well with all the old Roseanne cast members, and I don't want to lose that. I'd love to see more scenes between them. I also wonder what this means for DJ's wife and daughter. The show never seemed to know what to do with them.

Lecy has been the unsung hero of the revival, so I'm thrilled she's getting more recognition.

• Like 9

Lecy has gotten a lot of press and critical praise this past season for being the dark horse fan favorite, so that's been lovely.

• Like 14

I enjoyed seeing Sara on her show and I’ll miss her but maybe we can get a whole season order of The Conners this fall. 

• Like 5

16 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

I enjoyed seeing Sara on her show and I’ll miss her but maybe we can get a whole season order of The Conners this fall. 

The last couple of times I've chanced upon the show, she didn't really seem to have much to say. I think she's burned out.

• Like 1

Laurie Metcalf has been nominated for a Tony!

Best Leading Actress in a Play
Annette Bening, All My Sons
Laura Donnelly, The Ferryman
Elaine May, The Waverly Gallery
Janet McTeer, Bernhardt/Hamlet
Laurie Metcalf, Hillary and Clinton
Heidi Schreck, What the Constitution Means to Me

• Like 8

6 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Laurie Metcalf has been nominated for a Tony!

Best Leading Actress in a Play
Annette Bening, All My Sons
Laura Donnelly, The Ferryman
Elaine May, The Waverly Gallery
Janet McTeer, Bernhardt/Hamlet
Laurie Metcalf, Hillary and Clinton
Heidi Schreck, What the Constitution Means to Me

This is her sixth (and fourth consecutive) Tony nomination. I read that she is the first actor in history to earn four Tony nominations in a row. Go, Laurie!

• Like 8

It's getting a 19-episode second season:

• Like 11
  • Useful 1

On 5/14/2019 at 2:40 PM, jsbt said:

It's getting a 19-episode second season:

And that would explain why Sara just can't keep doing the talk. I'm assuming she was probably being clued in on the extended order and she realized that she is not Kelly Ripa. (In her case, the two shows are getting filmed at different studios so that probably makes things harder.)

• Like 4