Type keyword(s) to search

Media: "The Lanford Lean Times"

• Start Topic

On 9/25/2018 at 6:28 PM, anna0852 said:

Audrey and Rusty!

OMG, I just realized Johnny Galecki played Rusty in Christmas Vacation! How have I never known this?? So Audrey and Rusty are dating in the The Connors? I'll never look at Christmas Vacation the same way again.

Anyway, I had no idea the show was going to return/premiere so soon, I assumed they were going for a March premiere like last season. Roseanne was never my favorite, so I'll tune in. I have my doubts about the show going forward without the character, but at the least, these 10 episodes should give closure to the cast and crew if the season bombs.

• Love 7

New article about the show.

“I wanted to show [opioid struggle] in the show,” Barr said. “But I was never going to have Roseanne die of an opioid overdose. It’s so cynical and horrible. She should have died as a hero or not at all. … It wasn’t enough to [fire me], they had to so cruelly insult the people who loved that family and that show.”

Bahahahahaha!  Died as a hero?  Bullshit.  Roseanne Conner rarely admitted she was ever wrong about anything, and being able to handle opioids would be no different.  What the hell heroics could she have died from anyway?  

• Love 12
13 hours ago, Mom x 3 said:

What the hell heroics could she have died from anyway?

Saving a puppy from a fire?  Yeah that kind of storyline would really fit the Roseanne show.  Not.  I guess though they could claim she died after a valiant fight with cancer or something like that.  But we all know that;s not what Roseanne Barr means.  I do think giving her a dignified death would be better than making the death some kind of stupid mistake.  Whatever they do I hope they don't go down the Two and Half Men road.  However it was that Barr finally left the show a lot of us were invested in Roseanne Conner and the family.  Let her die without a lot of baggage attached to the why of the death at least.

Edited by CherryAmes
  • Love 8

I moved several posts commenting and speculating on the series from here to the Speculation topic, where they're right at home. Meanwhile the episode topic is loosening up on the first-base line. No word yet on who's going to sing the national anthem.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, jsbt said:

Lecy and Michael on The View:

Lecy did great answering the questions they posed to her. ( I watched the show live...a risk I know lol)They both say more than Sara whom I adore, but I understand the position she is in so I'm glad they walked through the door. 

For all the ruckus on line it looks like they did well in ratings so good on them. 

Thanks for posting the videos I missed this morning!

Edited by FairyDusted
  • Love 8

Lecy is very candid here about the original tweet fiasco:

I understand her conflict on Roseanne (who she's known since childhood) and not wanting to believe that woman is a racist while acknowledging the vile racism of her statement - I don't agree with it, but I get it. I personally think Roseanne has become a racist for a variety of reasons while still holding many contradictory ideas in her mind, and I think it's sad. And I'm not surprised that they haven't spoken since.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 14

From that Deadline Hollywood article re. casting Rene Rosado:

Rene Rosado (Major Crimes) has booked a recurring role on ABC’s Roseanne spinoff The Conners. ... Rosado will play Emilio, kind, sweet and cute, he’s a busser at Casita Bonita restaurant. Though he may have some trouble communicating in English, when he speaks his first language, Spanish, he is straightforward, earnest and determined.

Well, this will be interesting - I absolutely hated Rosado's character on Major Crimes by the time it ended, so I wonder if when I watch him on this show I'll see Gus and reflexively start yelling at my TV, or be a rational person.

Also, that character description sounds awful, but this is a show on which I'm very willing to see how it actually plays.

• Love 1

This topic is for media about The Conners, its actors and creative team. Posts about Roseanne, Roseanne Barr, or with links to media primarily about the demise of Roseanne, have been moved to the media topic in the Roseanne forum. Extended speculation about The Conners ratings has been moved to this forum's speculation topic. Thank you! 

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, ThatsDarling said:

Laurie Metcalf received a Critics Choice nomination for Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series for The Conners. Nominated in the same category is her real life daughter Zoe Perry for Young Sheldon.

She sounds so much like her mom. What a coup for YS, to get the daughter of actor who plays his mom on TBBT.

• Love 8

‘The Conners’: ABC Eyes Expanded Season 2; Cast Negotiations Underway

Continuing the story of the Conner family without its matriarch was a risky proposition, and, thankfully for ABC, it worked. Spinoff series The Conners has done well and, not surprisingly, ABC would like a second installment.

I hear negotiations are underway with the core cast for a 13-episode Season 2. That would be up from the 11 episode in its current first season and the 9 for the lone season of the Roseanne revival. The cast of The Conners is led by Roseanne alums including Sara Gilbert, who also serves as an executive producer, John Goodman, Laurie Metcalf, and Lecy Goranson. As has been the case with the Roseanne revival and The Conners’ first season, there are issues with Metcalf and Goodman’s busy schedules that need to be worked out but I hear everyone is willing to return and talks are going smoothly.

Goodman, Metcalf and Gilbert reportedly were payed $375,000 an episode for Season 1 of The Conners, up significantly from about $250,000 an episode each got for the new Roseanne. I hear the trio is expected to get another salary bump for Season 2 of The Conners. All parties involved declined comment,

• Love 9
On 1/16/2019 at 10:09 PM, Mom x 3 said:

Oof.  But don't read the comments.  

I agree with some of them.  John Goodman is going through the motions.  Write him out.  Have Geena get stationed stateside and have DJ and Mary follow.    Center the show around Jackie, Becky, and to a lesser degree, Darlene.  Those three really vibe together, and the rest of the weak cast is robbing time we could have with them.  Oh, and David takes the kids half the time.  Even more time for them to shine. 

Laurie Metcalf can carry this show, but they need to drop whacky Jackie to do it. 

• Love 1
On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 11:54 AM, Mu Shu said:

I agree with some of them.  John Goodman is going through the motions.  Write him out.  Have Geena get stationed stateside and have DJ and Mary follow.    Center the show around Jackie, Becky, and to a lesser degree, Darlene.  Those three really vibe together, and the rest of the weak cast is robbing time we could have with them.  Oh, and David takes the kids half the time.  Even more time for them to shine. 

Laurie Metcalf can carry this show, but they need to drop whacky Jackie to do it. 

Please no Jackie. I cannot stand her. I would like to see DJ and how they deal with his counseling after serving in the military. And they can cut way back on Darlene and her kids.

‘The Conners’ Nears Season 2 Renewal

Roseanne spinoff The Conners was not among ABC’s early series renewals announced this morning. That is because the network is still finalizing deals with the core cast

“We are close,” Karey Burke said following her first TCA executive session as ABC Entertainment President.

Season 2 is expected to consist of 13 episodes, up from the 11 episodes in the current first season and the nine for the lone season of the Roseanne revival.

• Love 10

A deal with substantial raises and a piece of the backend for the 3 leads sounds like everyone is on board for the duration. 

Hopefully it puts to rest the idea that ABC isn't behind the show.  

• Love 8

I hope all that lovely money cheers John Goodman up a little, and he plays Dan Conner a bit brighter in S2 and less morose than what he was in S1.  Yes, S1 had him grieving the loss of his wife, Rosie, but let's have more happiness and pep in S2.

• Love 5

Is it OT to post the Washington Post story on Roseanne from today? It's got a lot of detail on the BTS turmoil during season 1 of the original revival and quotes from a number of BTS personnel including Sara. I just worry that if it gets shunted to the Roseanne forum no one will see it.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, jsbt said:

Is it OT to post the Washington Post story on Roseanne from today? It's got a lot of detail on the BTS turmoil during season 1 of the original revival and quotes from a number of BTS personnel including Sara. I just worry that if it gets shunted to the Roseanne forum no one will see it.

Can you post some excerpts here? I can't get past the Washington Post's paywall.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Can you post some excerpts here? I can't get past the Washington Post's paywall.

Hopefully someone can (in the Roseanne topic) but honestly, I used my last free article to read it and it wasn't worth it.  Lots of pictures of Barr in Israel, basically saying the stuff we already know. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2