Type keyword(s) to search

Media: "The Lanford Lean Times"

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, tessaray said:

Well, I guess Louise may not be a long term Lanford resident. Good for Katey though, I'll probably give it a chance if it gets picked up.

https://www.primetimer.com/item/Katey-Sagal-to-star-in-Rebel-ABCs-Erin-Brockovich-drama-pilot-from-Greys-Anatomy-producer-1KSob3?fbclid=IwAR3zP3TjHgwDHS5mDi7tQWOZuALNDskQIfx3_V6_Hhaf8mt0czs0gZJchE4 

Louise could be long term because Katey could do double duty on both shows so I don't think we should count her out just yet just because Katey's gonna be in another series..FYI: I think the new series has already been picked up.

Edited by ESS
  • Love 2

Press release for

2x12: Live From Landford

https://www.spoilertv.com/2020/02/the-conners-212-live-from-lanford-live.html

ABC’S ‘THE CONNERS’ TO AIR LIVE THE NIGHT OF THE NEW HAMPSHIRE PRIMARY, TUESDAY, FEB. 11

In the live episode titled “Live from Lanford,” Mark is watching the results of the primary for a school report with Harris who is apathetic to the electoral process and believes money’s influence in politics means real change is impossible. The rest of the Conners share their differing takes on why they all think everyone should vote, including their working-class perspective that you may have to vote for a candidate you don’t love but one that will “screw you the least.” All of this happens against the backdrop of romance when Louise (guest star Katey Sagal) gets an opportunity that might send her away from Lanford, prompting the family to interfere in Dan’s (John Goodman) complicated relationship with her by throwing Louise a surprise going-away party, creating major new tensions between Dan and his daughters.

Guest stars will include Katey Sagal as Louise.

Spoiler

*I'm pretty sure that this is Katey's last episode for now this season*

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20200323abc03/

synopsis for 2x17: The Icewoman Cometh

BEV IS BACK FROM VACATION AND READY TO HAND OUT CASH, WHILE MARK GETS ACCEPTED TO CODING CAMP, AND DAN VISITS LOUISE ON TOUR.

Bev is back from Arizona and has come to the realization that she'd like to use her finances to spread happiness. She has decided to fund Mark's tuition to a prestigious coding camp, while Darlene tries to convince her to give the money to Harris instead. Dan realizes how much he misses Louise, and Becky persuades him to visit her on tour.

The series stars John Goodman as Dan Conner, Laurie Metcalf as Jackie Harris, Sara Gilbert as Darlene Conner, Lecy Goranson as Becky Conner-Healy, Michael Fishman as D.J. Conner, Emma Kenney as Harris Conner-Healy, Ames McNamara as Mark Conner-Healy and Jayden Rey as Mary Conner.

The series stars John Goodman as Dan Conner, Laurie Metcalf as Jackie Harris, Sara Gilbert as Darlene Conner, Lecy Goranson as Becky Conner-Healy, Michael Fishman as D.J. Conner, Emma Kenney as Harris Conner-Healy, Ames McNamara as Mark Conner-Healy and Jayden Rey as Mary Conner.

Guest starring is Katey Sagal as Louise, Estelle Parsons as Beverly Harris, James Pickens Jr. as Chuck, Stephen Monroe Taylor as Dwight, Steve Agee as Tony and Paul Hipp as Zach.

Edited by ESS
  • Love 2

I'm really holding out hope for Dan & Louise, but according to this description it doesn't look good ugh.. hoping I'm wrong though because I love them so much together.

Synopsis for 2x18: Pilot Lights & Sister Fights

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20200331abc01/

DAN FOLLOWS LOUISE ON TOUR, BUT IT COULD BE TOO LATE FOR THE TWO OF THEM; DARLENE AND BECKY GET INTO IT OVER SPIT UP AND A BROKEN PILOT LIGHT, ON AN ALL-NEW EPISODE OF ABC'S 'THE CONNERS,' TUESDAY, APRIL 14

Dan is finally ready to share his feelings with Louise, but it could be too late. Darlene balances the stress of wooing potential advertisers and doctor's appointments as she realizes how badly she wants a baby. Ben gets caught up playing handyman and babysitter for Becky, which has him miss an important meeting and causes Darlene to pick a nasty fight with the both of them, on "The Conners," TUESDAY, APRIL 14 (8:00-8:30 p.m. EDT), on ABC. (TV-PG, DL) Episodes can also be viewed the next day on demand and on Hulu.

Guest starring is Katey Sagal as Louise, Jay R. Ferguson as Ben, Paul Hipp as Zach and Kenzie Caplan as Marla.

Edited by ESS
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
(edited)

I'm thinking Louise has already found another guy to ease her lonely heart on the tour (and affirm that she is attractive) because in her mind, that must be why Dan didn't jump at the chance to keep her in Lanford, perhaps a band member or manager or someone like that.

Darlene realizes how badly she wants a baby.  Can this show get any more ridiculous?  I am not interested in this inane storyline.  At all.

Edited by CrystalBlue
One too many parentheses.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

I don’t see a small talk so I’ll put this here.  My DVR recorded last nights episode and I started watching it.  It took me a few minutes to realize it was an old episode.  I know my mind is jumbled lately, but still.  I am so not into this show anymore.  Which is sad.  I don’t have a whole lot else going on in my life except TV.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

I'm thinking Louise has already found another guy to ease her lonely heart on the tour (and affirm that she is attractive) because in her mind, that must be why Dan didn't jump at the chance to keep her in Lanford, perhaps a band member or manager or someone like that.

ugh I really hope this isn't gonna happen, but to be honest that's what it's looking like, but even if it does I'm hoping Louise will come to her senses and be with Dan instead because that's what she wants(or wanted). It's gonna break my heart if they don't happen because I love them so much together and I want them as a couple they are right for each other.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, ESS said:

ugh I really hope this isn't gonna happen, but to be honest that's what it's looking like, but even if it does I'm hoping Louise will come to her senses and be with Dan instead because that's what she wants(or wanted). It's gonna break my heart if they don't happen because I love them so much together and I want them as a couple they are right for each other.

How true and it's what the audience sees and wants, but TPTB seem to have other things in mind. Or they retrending on things that really don't make sense for ANY of the characters. If they do have Dan and Louise finally get together and be done with that. Then have it where Jackie is all "No, you don't deserve Dan!" That everyone puts Jackie in her place and go: "You can't deal with anything!" "You want to go back in time, you don't want anyone to move forward and YOU don't want to move forward in your life." "Seek help or get out!"

42 minutes ago, readster said:

How true and it's what the audience sees and wants, but TPTB seem to have other things in mind. Or they retrending on things that really don't make sense for ANY of the characters. If they do have Dan and Louise finally get together and be done with that. Then have it where Jackie is all "No, you don't deserve Dan!" That everyone puts Jackie in her place and go: "You can't deal with anything!" "You want to go back in time, you don't want anyone to move forward and YOU don't want to move forward in your life." "Seek help or get out!"

This is all true, but why bring Katey back if that's not where they were going with Louise & Dan though; them being in a relationship was the whole reason Katey came back in the first place so I'm still holding out hope for them to be together even if there's a few bumps in the road so to speak. 

• Love 1

Listings - CONNERS, THE on ABC | TheFutonCritic.com

Synopsis For 3x19: CPAPs, Hickeys and Biscuits

DAN AND LOUISE SPEND THE NIGHT TOGETHER; DARLENE AND BEN FIGHT OVER HICKEYS, AND BECKY SEEKS ADVICE ON MARRYING EMILIO, ON AN ALL-NEW EPISODE OF ABC'S 'THE CONNERS,' TUESDAY, APRIL 28

Dan and Louise take their relationship to the next level and come to appreciate the complexities of aging. Meanwhile, Darlene spends the night in jail and hands off parenting duties to Ben. Mark and a friend work on a class experiment that leaves them both with hickeys, and Becky contemplates marrying Emilio on "The Conners," TUESDAY, APRIL 28 (8:00-8:30 p.m. EDT), on ABC. (TV-PG, DL) Episodes can also be viewed the next day on demand and on Hulu.

Guest starring is Katey Sagal as Louise, Jay R. Ferguson as Ben, James Pickens Jr. as Chuck, Stephen Monroe Taylor as Dwight, Noel Fisher as Ed Jr., Carmina Garay as Harper and Jack Guzman as Officer Rodriguez..

• Useful 4
  • Love 1

Synopsis for 2x20: Bridge Over Troubled Conners (Season 2 finale)

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20200424abc02/

DARLENE AND BEN GO APARTMENT HUNTING, JACKIE AND BECKY GO ON A ROAD TRIP TO MEXICO AND LOUISE LEARNS ABOUT DAN'S FINANCIAL STRUGGLES IN AN ALL-NEW EPISODE OF ABC'S 'THE CONNERS,' TUESDAY, MAY 5

Darlene and Ben go apartment hunting as they take on the next step in building their life together. Jackie and Becky take Beverly Rose on a road trip to Mexico to meet her father for the first time while Dan reluctantly shares his financial troubles with Louise as he struggles with the pending foreclosure of the house on "The Conners," TUESDAY, MAY 5 (8:00-8:30 p.m. EDT), on ABC. (TV-PG, DL) Episodes can also be viewed the next day on demand and on Hulu.

Guest starring is Katey Sagal as Louise, Jay R. Ferguson as Ben, Rene Rosado as Emilio, Joel Murray as Jim, David Pasquesi as Cyril, and Alison Segura as Maria.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, RocknRollZombie said:

Well at least it looks like Darlene, Ben and Harris and Mark will probably move out. ....I wonder if Becky going to visit Emilio with baby Bev means..that they are going to go through the marriage plot...great..

That could happen I was thinking about that when I read the description that some of them may have to move out it'll be interesting to see what happens with that plot.

2 hours ago, Mom x 3 said:

Does that last picture look like the Conner's laundry room?  I hope Becky and Jackie didn't smuggle Emilio back in the trunk.

Certainly looks like it. Unless this is a dream sequence we have another entry for the list of bad decisions by the Conner family. Or maybe that miracle marriage suggested by the aunts worked?

• Love 1

For any of you who get COZY TV, I just saw an ad that they're playing season 10 of "Roseanne" (the season before "The Conners") next week. According to my schedule, it's 4 episodes every night from 8pm-10pm Monday-Friday.

• Useful 3

Sara's interview on GMA and greater news I spied Katey in a BTS photo! so it's definitely confirmed Louise is back for season 3! I'm so happy it's not just talk anymore. 

Spoiler

BTSKatey-The-Conners-Season3.jpg

Edited by ESS
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, ESS said:

Sara's interview on GMA and greater news I spied Katey in a BTS photo! so it's definitely confirmed Louise is back for season 3! I'm so happy it's not just talk anymore. 

Hide contents

BTSKatey-The-Conners-Season3.jpg

After watching the Goldbergs' TIK TOK on how they film now, this makes the most sense, but with sitcoms at least you have less extras and more centered sets. You do have to wonder how various dramas that require more on site filming and larger background characters is going to work. 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I wonder if they'll do a Halloween episode, addressing how COVID-19 alters their traditions. 

I don't know, but it's possible..honestly I hadn't even thought of Halloween, but it is pretty close to that.

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, ESS said:

It's possible the Halloween episode could be on the 28th because that date is more closer to the 31st.

Yes, I have a calendar and can count 🙂 ; I was wondering, upon seeing the 10/21 premiere date - meaning they will be back on the air by their sacred day - if they'll do a Halloween episode this season as they usually do, one that will be a little different because of COVID.

• Love 2

A Halloween/COVID-19 episode can be combined.  Everyone can wear full Halloween face masks and practice social distancing while trick or treating!  Or do an episode on how Halloween is being canceled this year because the local mayor wants to prevent more coronavirus cases by banning it.  They get can political (yikes!) about personal freedoms versus social health consciousness.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Bastet said:

Yes, I have a calendar and can count 🙂 ; I was wondering, upon seeing the 10/21 premiere date - meaning they will be back on the air by their sacred day - if they'll do a Halloween episode this season as they usually do, one that will be a little different because of COVID.

Ah okay I get it now thanks for clearing that up and I didn't intend for that to come out mean sorry about that I was just saying that maybe the Halloween episode (if there is one this year) would be on the 28th instead that's all, but that aside It'll be interesting to see what's going to happen in general on the show with COVID being in the mix and especially if they were to do a Halloween episode.

Edited by ESS
  • Love 2