Type keyword(s) to search

Media: "The Lanford Lean Times"

• Start Topic

24 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I couldn't stand him or their relationship in the first season, but both evened out into something enjoyable last season.  If Ben sticking around means no gods-forsaken Darlene/David nonsense, I'm for it.  As long as they don't have a baby.

Are wedding bells going to ring next season?  I think the David nonsense may be over because I don't think Johnny Galecki wants to continue on The Conners for whatever reason.  IDK anything about his other projects and aspirations but I get that feeling because the Darlene/David relationship died down.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

Great news about Ferguson. Figured this was coming eventually :D. 

The only thing is, I still have no idea why the hell his character would want to be with a woman who treats him like crap, cheated on him, and expects him to give up his hard earned savings so her financially irresponsible father can keep his house.

I do like the character and the actor.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, qtpye said:

The only thing is, I still have no idea why the hell his character would want to be with a woman who treats him like crap, cheated on him, and expects him to give up his hard earned savings so her financially irresponsible father can keep his house.

I do like the character and the actor.

Because he's a masochist and doesn't mind being a cuckold and is irresponsible with money?  That's all I've got.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

Because he's a masochist and doesn't mind being a cuckold and is irresponsible with money?  That's all I've got.

2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

That seems to be Darlene's "type".

😁😄😄

I do hope that at least they make the stupid magazine idea online. Who the hell is starting up a print magazine, from a podunk town no less, in 2020?

• Love 4
4 hours ago, qtpye said:

😁😄😄

I do hope that at least they make the stupid magazine idea online. Who the hell is starting up a print magazine, from a podunk town no less, in 2020?

And no baby.  No, no, no, no, no.  Just say no.

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Katey Sagal is starring in a new show on ABC, Rebel, based on the life of Erin Brockovitch.  It premieres in 2021.

I wonder what this means for Dan and Louise.

Bruce Helford said (in an interview posted upthread somewhere) Katey will do more episodes, it's just a matter of how often she's available as to how many she'll be able to do, so they're not going to break the characters up (or kill Louise off) just because Katey is doing another show.

I don't think it will be an issue.  With Louise being in a band, sending her off on gigs is an easy, built-in way to explain her not being around for something she'd normally be around for.  (Since they don't live together, she wouldn't be around all the time anyway, so they don't even need to mention her absence repeatedly.  But for times when it's actually noticeable she's not there, they have a go-to reason.)

Edited by Bastet
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Katey Sagal is starring in a new show on ABC, Rebel, based on the life of Erin Brockovitch.  It premieres in 2021.

I wonder what this means for Dan and Louise.

I can't wait for her new show! And yes she'll be doing both shows as they are on the same network so it should be just fine for Dan & Louise. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, ESS said:

I can't wait for her new show! And yes she'll be doing both shows as they are on the same network so it should be just fine for Dan & Louise. 

Right and if Rebel doesn't really take off, least she has a fall back with Connors. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, readster said:

Right and if Rebel doesn't really take off, least she has a fall back with Connors. 

Yep that too. I'm still hoping she'll be upped to series regular on The Conners.

• Love 1
On 9/15/2020 at 9:28 AM, MsNewsradio said:

On 9/15/2020 at 12:33 PM, CrystalBlue said:

I think the David nonsense may be over because I don't think Johnny Galecki wants to continue on The Conners for whatever reason.  IDK anything about his other projects and aspirations but I get that feeling because the Darlene/David relationship died down.

I'm really glad JRF will be a series regular. I adored him on Mad Men and enjoy him on The Conners, plus he's easy on the eyes. It's strange that I no longer care if Johnny Galecki returns to the show. Before the revival I was so looking forward to David and Darlene, and was bummed that Galecki wouldn't commit to more episodes because of The Big Bang Theory - but I'm not anymore. I am curious as to why Galecki & David don't appear to be a part of this show's plans anymore, but I'm more than happy we get Ben instead.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

I'm really glad JRF will be a series regular. I adored him on Mad Men and enjoy him on The Conners, plus he's easy on the eyes. It's strange that I no longer care if Johnny Galecki returns to the show. Before the revival I was so looking forward to David and Darlene, and was bummed that Galecki wouldn't commit to more episodes because of The Big Bang Theory - but I'm not anymore. I am curious as to why Galecki & David don't appear to be a part of this show's plans anymore, but I'm more than happy we get Ben instead.

I like JRF just fine (too)!  At first I didn't like the Ben character because I got control freak vibes, but he stopped doing that.  Now, if he'd just try making better decisions...

16 hours ago, ESS said:

Yep that too. I'm still hoping she'll be upped to series regular on The Conners.

I'll take Katey on my screen all day any day.  I watched MWC but wasn't a die hard mad fan, but the work Ms. Sagal did on Sons of Anarchy made me into a super fan of hers.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

I think part of it is that they totally ruined the character from me. David has grown into a giant flake who abandoned his family yet everyone is still comforting HIM for some reason.  I hated it in the first season when Roseanne pulled him to the side and gave him a hug....for what exactly? 

Mark's death hit Becky hard but she still had the courage to get up every day and go to work and not shun her responsibilities...even though she did not have any children at the time.

Also, Galecki has earned a ton of money from his previous show and probably does not want to back to the stress of filming a regular series any time soon.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

I'll take Katey on my screen all day any day.  I watched MWC but wasn't a die hard mad fan, but the work Ms. Sagal did on Sons of Anarchy made me into a super fan of hers.

Yep never did watch MWC not my thing, but SOA yes!!! Katey was phenomenal  on that show!! 

Edited by ESS
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, CrystalBlue said:

So Dan hasn't had a haircut in a while, and neither has Jackie!  COVID-19 is definitely in the story line.  Moving to Wednesdays.

Yep all of that 🙂 it's gonna be very interesting to see how this all goes in the COVID world. I also read they will be doing a Halloween episode on the 28th from the article below. 

https://tvline.com/2020/09/30/the-conners-season-3-trailer-wellman-plastics-pandemic-video/

Edited by ESS
  • Useful 3

So Wellman never shut down?  Because there's no way it would have left, then come back.  It must not be a union shop, or at least one Conner would have been working there before now.

• Love 4
On 9/30/2020 at 9:47 PM, Bastet said:

So Wellman never shut down?  Because there's no way it would have left, then come back.  It must not be a union shop, or at least one Conner would have been working there before now.

I find that very odd, since so many places like Wellman were put on shut down so fast, especially in Illinois. 

• Love 2

It will be interesting to see how they deal with the "social bubble" idea as it applies to the Conners, since there are quite a few non-household folks gathering without distancing or masks, and several of those bubble members are presumably not staying home.

To be let in the bubble, how are Jackie and Louise limiting their potential exposure to the virus - if Jackie is still a life coach, that can entirely be done online, and if the restaurant Louise manages is only doing take-out/delivery, she can also dramatically minimize contact.  Okay.  Same with The Lunchbox - that's another bubble if not customers are allowed in, but it's also another question of who among the few allowed in are protecting themselves and others in their off time.

And then Becky and Darlene are going to work every day in a factory, increasing their risk of exposure.  The Conner house doesn't allow for proper quarantine, so they're doing the best they can - and relying on a profit-driven company to do right by its workers, ha! - and hoping that's enough to avoid contracting and spreading it.

This is a particularly good show to explore how hard it is for those low on the social totem pole to reconcile public health with economic necessity.  But realism has never been as sharp this time around as it was originally, plus they have the "I don't want to hear about COVID in my fiction!" contingent to consider.  So it could ring false.

What's most important, of course, is filming in a safe way (rather tricky), and whatever we get from that is a bonus.  But an honest presentation of life today that doesn't make a significant chunk of the audience bellow they just want a brief escape is a tall order, and I'd like to see them lead the way.

• Love 3

Here's promo #3

Description for 3x01:Keep On Truckin' Six Feet Apart  

AMERICA'S FAVORITE WORKING-CLASS FAMILY RETURNS ON AN ALL-NEW NIGHT ON THE SEASON PREMIERE OF ABC'S 'THE CONNERS,' WEDNESDAY, OCT. 21

The Conners are back and dealing with the pandemic, and life's financial troubles loom over the family. Dan is still trying to catch up on back-mortgage payments and avoid a potential eviction, while the Lunch Box is closed for everything but takeout and delivery. Becky and Darlene are both forced to search for additional income at the newly reopened Wellman Plastics plant.

Guest starring is Danny Trejo as Tito, Katey Sagal as Louise and Rene Rosado as Emilio.

Edited by ESS
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
18 hours ago, Bastet said:

He showed up at the end of the season two finale. 

We knew that COVID-19 put he mortgage situation on hold, but where did their stimulus money go? Unless that gets cleaned up in like 15 minutes with everyone just chipping in and doing it. 

• Love 2
On 10/10/2020 at 6:53 AM, readster said:

We knew that COVID-19 put he mortgage situation on hold, but where did their stimulus money go? Unless that gets cleaned up in like 15 minutes with everyone just chipping in and doing it. 

I'm sure any stimulus money would go to a worthy bill to be paid, maybe earmark it for part of the back mortgage due?  Oh wait, this is the Conners.  The Conners probably spent it all on Halloween costumes and candy.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, CrystalBlue said:

Why is he credited as being on S03E01 then? 

Because he appears as a guest star in that episode, just as he's been credited in all his previous episodes.  He's not suddenly listed as part of the main cast for season three; he thus far is, as he's always been, credited as a guest star in any episode in which he appears (such as the upcoming "Keep on Truckin' Six Feet Apart" season premiere) -- unless/until he's added to the main cast credits, at which point such articles wouldn't note his presence, as it would be a given.

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, Bastet said:

Because he appears as a guest star in that episode, just as he's been credited in all his previous episodes.  He's not suddenly listed as part of the main cast for season three; he thus far is, as he's always been, credited as a guest star in any episode in which he appears (such as the upcoming "Keep on Truckin' Six Feet Apart" season premiere) -- unless/until he's added to the main cast credits, at which point such articles wouldn't note his presence, as it would be a given.

Which is why I initially commented (exclaimed excitement) that I thought that he's back in S03 before you posted he was in the finale of S02.  I know he was in the finale of S02.  Thank you.

• Love 2

3x01: Keep On Truckin' Six Feet Apart Promo Pics

https://www.spoilertv.com/2020/10/the-conners-episode-301-keep-on-truckin.html

3x02: Halloween and The Election vs. The Pandemic description

https://www.spoilertv.com/2020/10/the-conners-episode-302-halloween-and.html

Mary is devastated that Halloween has been canceled by the city, so Darlene and Becky enlist Jackie and the rest of the family to create an unforgettable experience. Meanwhile, Mark goes toe-to-toe with another kid at school who doesn’t believe in wearing a mask.

The series stars John Goodman as Dan Conner, Laurie Metcalf as Jackie Harris, Sara Gilbert as Darlene Conner, Lecy Goranson as Becky Conner-Healy, Michael Fishman as D.J. Conner, Emma Kenney as Harris Conner-Healy, Ames McNamara as Mark Conner-Healy, Jayden Rey as Mary Conner and Jay R. Ferguson as Ben.

Guest starring is Katey Sagal as Louise.

Edited by ESS
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

That was a nice look at how they're handling filming during the pandemic.  It sounds like they're running a tight ship, but habits are hard to break; I hope it continues to be safe.  I like how honest they are about the anxiety induced by going back to work, even Sara who is the actor most familiar (since she's also an EP) with the intricacies of the COVID protocols being implemented.

Poor Lecy; hopefully being back among her work family helps a little with the loneliness.

Some of the moments that resonated with the actors were unexpected. Goranson, who has been living alone in Los Angeles since March, said a scene in the third episode proved surprisingly emotional.

“Becky is quarantining with her family, and I was not able to,” she said. “But in the scene, she says something about being alone, and it was almost confessional because it was so true to what I had experienced.”

Goranson’s mother died in January, and she said her family has not been able to hold a gathering for her. “One thing my mom told me before she died was ‘So little matters other than people,’” she said. “And that seems like cruel irony right now, because I haven’t been around anyone I love since she said that.”

From that article:

That much will become clear when the Roseanne spinoff returns next week and viewers learn that Louise has full-on moved into the Conners’ already-crowded household amid the COVID-19 pandemic. “We couldn’t have Louise buzzing in and out whenever she wants, so she’s quarantining with the family,” Helford reveals, adding that the new living arrangement is a big adjustment for her. “She was a musician and always on the road. And she never got married and didn’t have kids. She’s used to living alone.”

Oh, for fuck's sake!  There are enough damn people in that house already, and they just started dating.

I wondered about that when I saw her there without anyone wearing masks, but figured they were including her as part of a quarantine bubble, not that she was actually living there.  This is dumb.  But at least they'll address the fact she's used to having her own space and now she lives with half of Lanford.

But if she's yet another adult chipping in on the living expenses, they ought to collectively have enough to keep the bank off Dan's back, yet the mortgage storyline is still in play.

Oh well, I'll soon know.

• Love 5
On 10/10/2020 at 8:53 AM, readster said:

Because of a snafu, I have recently learned that mortgage companies are all or nothing. You make a full monthy payment or it counts as zero. We had an issue where our money was being direct debited from our bank account, but the payment due had gone up (by less than $50) and the mortgage company wasn't taking our money. So it was not in our bank account and just floating around in nowhere land, waiting for us to make a full payment. We were told we were "two months behind" on our mortgage payment, even though the money had left our account on time. If they had a monthly payment of more than $1200, they could throw it at the bank and they still wouldn't apply it to the balance. Mortgage companies are stupid. 

• Useful 1
10 minutes ago, sara416 said:

Because of a snafu, I have recently learned that mortgage companies are all or nothing. You make a full monthy payment or it counts as zero. We had an issue where our money was being direct debited from our bank account, but the payment due had gone up (by less than $50) and the mortgage company wasn't taking our money. So it was not in our bank account and just floating around in nowhere land, waiting for us to make a full payment. We were told we were "two months behind" on our mortgage payment, even though the money had left our account on time. If they had a monthly payment of more than $1200, they could throw it at the bank and they still wouldn't apply it to the balance. Mortgage companies are stupid. 

Not disagreeing there. I had two bills taken out and I was paid the next day. My mortgage decided to come out two days late and I got an email saying: "You are late on your payment!" I was like: "no, it fell on a Sunday and you took until Tuesday Night to take it out. How is it late?

• Useful 1

3x03: Plastics, Trash Talk & Darlene Antoinette press release

https://www.spoilertv.com/2020/10/the-conners-episode-303-plastics-trash.html

DARLENE DOESN’T MAKE THE BEST FIRST IMPRESSION AT WELLMAN PLASTICS.

Darlene isolates herself from her co-workers at Wellman Plastics, leaving them with the impression she is an elitist snob, while Louise decides to teach Harris an expensive life lesson. Jackie has invested everything she has into The Lunch Box and is determined to keep the restaurant running no matter what, leaving some family members to question her actions, on “The Conners,” airing WEDNESDAY, NOV. 4 (9:00-9:30 p.m. EST), on ABC. (TV-14, DL) Episodes can also be viewed the next day on demand and on Hulu.

Guest starring is Katey Sagal as Louise, Anna Maria Horsford as Nicole and Evelina Fernandez as Juanita.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ESS said:

3x03: Plastics, Trash Talk & Darlene Antoinette press release

https://www.spoilertv.com/2020/10/the-conners-episode-303-plastics-trash.html

DARLENE DOESN’T MAKE THE BEST FIRST IMPRESSION AT WELLMAN PLASTICS.

Darlene isolates herself from her co-workers at Wellman Plastics, leaving them with the impression she is an elitist snob, while Louise decides to teach Harris an expensive life lesson. Jackie has invested everything she has into The Lunch Box and is determined to keep the restaurant running no matter what, leaving some family members to question her actions, on “The Conners,” airing WEDNESDAY, NOV. 4 (9:00-9:30 p.m. EST), on ABC. (TV-14, DL) Episodes can also be viewed the next day on demand and on Hulu.

Guest starring is Katey Sagal as Louise, Anna Maria Horsford as Nicole and Evelina Fernandez as Juanita.

Sounds like the Lunch Box is circling again and COVID is of course putting it like many other ma/pa stores from closing. Guess they can't curb side. 

• Love 4