Type keyword(s) to search

Media: "The Lanford Lean Times"

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Bastet said:

And a piece of the backend.  I'm glad, too, because she was one of the main reasons I enjoyed the spinoff.

She’s a lead too, isn’t she? What is the justification for paying her less? I could see if Sara and Lecy made the same and John and Laurie made more but I don’t see why the other 3 leads get more pay than the 4th. Anyone?

Technically the reboot hinged on the larger star power of (originally Roseanne), John, Laurie, and even Sara. Lecy has been more of a working actress post-Roseanne, and therefore off the mainstream Hollywood radar. 

The fact that she became a dark horse fan favorite over the last 2 seasons by breathing new life into Becky was a pleasant surprise, that now she can leverage for more of the royalties. I think that’s great for her!

Edited by Not4Me
  • Love 14

I'm glad the show is coming back, and that I got to go and laugh heartily at the posts assuring everyone that the show will definitely be canceled next season and the ratings will definitely be fractional next season - that may be true for all I know, I wouldn't be shocked, but these people were saying the same thing THIS season.

I felt somewhat bad for Michael Fishman when I saw an article which said he wouldn't be in all episodes. I guess he wasn't this past season either, but seeing him sort of deemphasized away from the other longtime cast members (and one article even mentioned Ames McNamara and not him) feels slightly wrong. I don't think he should ever be a lead, but I do think he works very well with all the old Roseanne cast members, and I don't want to lose that. I'd love to see more scenes between them. I also wonder what this means for DJ's wife and daughter. The show never seemed to know what to do with them.

Lecy has been the unsung hero of the revival, so I'm thrilled she's getting more recognition.

• Love 10
16 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

I enjoyed seeing Sara on her show and I’ll miss her but maybe we can get a whole season order of The Conners this fall. 

The last couple of times I've chanced upon the show, she didn't really seem to have much to say. I think she's burned out.

• Love 2

Laurie Metcalf has been nominated for a Tony!

Best Leading Actress in a Play
Annette Bening, All My Sons
Laura Donnelly, The Ferryman
Elaine May, The Waverly Gallery
Janet McTeer, Bernhardt/Hamlet
Laurie Metcalf, Hillary and Clinton
Heidi Schreck, What the Constitution Means to Me

• Love 9
6 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Laurie Metcalf has been nominated for a Tony!

Best Leading Actress in a Play
Annette Bening, All My Sons
Laura Donnelly, The Ferryman
Elaine May, The Waverly Gallery
Janet McTeer, Bernhardt/Hamlet
Laurie Metcalf, Hillary and Clinton
Heidi Schreck, What the Constitution Means to Me

This is her sixth (and fourth consecutive) Tony nomination. I read that she is the first actor in history to earn four Tony nominations in a row. Go, Laurie!

• Love 9
On 5/14/2019 at 2:40 PM, jsbt said:

It's getting a 19-episode second season:

And that would explain why Sara just can't keep doing the talk. I'm assuming she was probably being clued in on the extended order and she realized that she is not Kelly Ripa. (In her case, the two shows are getting filmed at different studios so that probably makes things harder.)

• Love 6

Just saw John Goodman on Seth Meyers show last night. He's gained some weight and looks much better, in my opinion. I didn't like the gaunt, cancer patient look at the start of last season, though it did fit what the character was going through.

Looking forward to the new season.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 9/20/2019 at 3:24 PM, peacheslatour said:

I saw the first promo today! It looks freaking hilarious!

The Promo was soooo funny. The best part was they played it all night long in between old episodes of Roseanne. That really had to chap her ass. That and they use the photo from the Reboot on TVLAND for the placard. HA HA!

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, SoMuchTV said:

I'm still confused about the references to Landford (with a D). Was that just a typo that got perpetuated, or was there an inside joke that I missed?

I'm not sure...but maybe someone else can answer that question for you.

It's a misspelling that's dogged the Conners' home from its inception -- and these days, auto-correct has joined the pack. But the episode was named after the one-d town (and its second-best motto).

Edited by Pallas
Misspelled title of show and family
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

Okay I don't know if this really is spoilers or not, but here it is anyway...it's a video of the cast speaking including Katey's character Louise & Dan (John Goodman) (and showing some scenes from the past few episodes) It's so cute seeing them together and speaking about their characters.

• Love 4
On 10/16/2019 at 9:29 PM, Pallas said:

It's a misspelling that's dogged the Connors' home from its inception -- and these days, auto-correct has joined the pack. But the episode was named after the one-d town (and its second-best motto).

I think the spelling of "Conner" has also been a consistent problem though the years!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, kathe5133 said:

I think the spelling of "Conner" has also been a consistent problem though the years!

Which is particularly annoying, since Roseanne made it so easy to remember:  "C as in 'cat', O as in 'oaf', N as in 'numbskull', N as in 'nitwit', E as in 'empty-headed', R as in 'tARget'." 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

A nice evaluation of the current series:

Critic's Notebook: Against the Odds, 'The Conners' Became Comfort TV

A season and a half following its premiere, the 'Roseanne' spinoff has been able to find balance between nostalgia and organic storytelling.

There's nothing new if you are up to date with The Conners but it is a bit of validation for those of us who stuck around.  And maybe it will prompt some who didn't to give it another try.

• Love 7
On 12/17/2019 at 12:38 PM, BeachDays said:

The Patch is a website that has local news for various communities.   

So then we could replace "patch" with Dispatch, Times, Tribune, etc? 

Mods: Since many of don't know/understand the meaning of "patch", can we just change the title to Daily News?? It would make more sense to many more folks. Otherwise, I don't get the significance to Lanford.🤷‍♀️

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ESS said:

Here's some spoilers for an upcoming episode airing LIVE on February 11th.

https://www.tvinsider.com/846736/the-conners-live-episode-new-hampshire-primary/

I'm not sure why the link above reverts back to the forum. Let me try it.

https://www.tvinsider.com/846736/the-conners-live-episode-new-hampshire-primary/

Also, I like the idea of a live episode but this is kind of weird. I was glad when they backed off politics for the domestic side of the Conners.

• Love 4

Renewal talks underway

ABC has started negotiations with the The Conners team about a third season of the hit comedy.

“We are deep in conversations with the cast and the producers,” ABC Entertainment President Karey Burke told Deadline during TCA.

Because of the show’s origins — a spinoff of the Roseanne revival — The Conners cast does not have standard six-year contracts. Instead, the actors are signed year-to-year.

“We would be crazy not to renew The Conners. It performs incredibly well for us, it’s our second highest rated show, neck-and-neck with Modern Family,” Burke said. “We expect it would be back for another season.”

• Love 8

Synopsis for 2x11 Mud Turtles, A Good Steak and One Man in a Tub 

BECKY THINKS JACKIE'S NEW FRIEND, A RESTAURANT SUPPLIER, IS TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THEM; AND DARLENE AND HARRIS CLASH OVER COLLEGE, ON AN ALL-NEW EPISODE OF ABC'S 'THE CONNERS,' TUESDAY, JAN. 28

Becky thinks that Jackie's new friend Dawn (guest star Cheryl Hines), a restaurant supplier, is only cozying up to her to sell them things they can't afford for the Lunch Box. Darlene is thrilled when Harris gets into Central Illinois State, but Harris might have found a better offer on her own. When Dan finds himself in an embarrassing situation nursing an injury, Louise (Katey Sagal) tries to help him out.

Here are the promo photos as well: 2x11 Promo Photos

• Love 1
On 12/25/2019 at 2:26 AM, MsTree said:

So then we could replace "patch" with Dispatch, Times, Tribune, etc? 

Mods: Since many of don't know/understand the meaning of "patch", can we just change the title to Daily News?? It would make more sense to many more folks. Otherwise, I don't get the significance to Lanford.🤷‍♀️

Like the new name. I’m another one who didn’t get the “patch” reference. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, ESS said:

Aww it looks like Dan & Louise are finally on a date well so to speak it's about time!! so adorable!

154206-2996-FULL.jpg

I cannot wait for this episode to air and for Dan & Louise's date!

• Love 2
17 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

Like the new name. I’m another one who didn’t get the “patch” reference. 

Meanwhile I was like, here’s a moment for learning, no need to change lol.  Oh well it doesn’t matter anyway.  

• Love 5

Well, I guess Louise may not be a long term Lanford resident. Good for Katey though, I'll probably give it a chance if it gets picked up.

Katey Sagal to star in Rebel, ABC's Erin Brockovich drama pilot from Grey's Anatomy producer

https://www.primetimer.com/item/Katey-Sagal-to-star-in-Rebel-ABCs-Erin-Brockovich-drama-pilot-from-Greys-Anatomy-producer-1KSob3?fbclid=IwAR3zP3TjHgwDHS5mDi7tQWOZuALNDskQIfx3_V6_Hhaf8mt0czs0gZJchE4