Type keyword(s) to search

Media: "The Lanford Lean Times"

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, paulvdb said:

I for one am happy. 

I would love to see some closure to Becky's story line and have it end on a hopeful note.

I am watching some of the reruns where Becky runs off to gets married in the original series and it is heartbreaking.

This is the only story line in my life that I have been for well over 20 years on television.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, qtpye said:

I for one am happy. 

I would love to see some closure to Becky's story line and have it end on a hopeful note.

I am watching some of the reruns where Becky runs off to gets married in the original series and it is heartbreaking.

This is the only story line in my life that I have been for well over 20 years on television.

I think it's a testament to the OG show that we're all spending time dissecting and pretty much overthinking and nit picking every little thing about it even though it's nowhere near as good as the original.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, bobalina said:

Too bad, Rebel is a much better show. And Louise still needs to run fast away from the loser Conners.

Louise has to stay with Dan now because Rebel is going to fade into the sunset after five more episodes of this first and last season.  It looks like wedding bells will be ringing for Dan and Louise, or at least the anticipated proposal, acceptance and engagement.  I still want to know where broke Dan is going to get a ring.  Let's hope he doesn't use any of Roseanne's old jewelry!

• Love 2
(edited)
10 hours ago, opus said:

I’m so upset by Rebel being canceled Katey didn't deserve this treatment of her own show. But yes there is silver lining to this mess we get more Louise. 

8 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

Louise has to stay with Dan now because Rebel is going to fade into the sunset after five more episodes of this first and last season.  It looks like wedding bells will be ringing for Dan and Louise, or at least the anticipated proposal, acceptance and engagement.  I still want to know where broke Dan is going to get a ring.  Let's hope he doesn't use any of Roseanne's old jewelry!

I’m so not happy about Rebel but I’m for Dan & Louise it’s the only good thing about Rebel being canceled for me. 

8 hours ago, bobalina said:

Too bad, Rebel is a much better show. And Louise still needs to run fast away from the loser Connors.

Louise is never gonna run away from Dan she’s devoted to him, they are in love and in their relationship for the long haul. 

Edited by ESS
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, DanaK said:

ABC has announced its Fall schedule and the show remains in its Wed 9pm timeslot

I saw that that’s disappointing. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I never made the connection that Maya Robinson, who plays Geena, also played Michelle in The Unicorn until I read a recent interview with the showrunner

Edited by DanaK
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Jason Alexander Will Play a Pastor on ABC’s ‘The Conners’ This Fall

By Michael Schneider

Plus Icon

ABC

Worlds are colliding: “Seinfeld” star Jason Alexander will guest this upcoming season on “The Conners,” making him the latest 1990s icon to appear on the “Roseanne” sequel series.

image.thumb.png.3bc53ded7c313c9838c997bcbb99fd52.png

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

4x04: Trucking Live In Front of a Fully Vaccinated Studio Audience (this episode is the season 4 premiere it just hasn't been filmed yet as it's a Live episode so it'll be filmed on the 22nd, apparently 3 other episodes have been filmed though prior to this one)

9:00-9:31 p.m. - THE CONNERS: "Trucking Live In Front of a Fully Vaccinated Studio Audience" (404) (Season Premiere)

Lights, Camera, Action: "The Conners" is going live for both the East and West Coast broadcasts of the season four premiere episode. This iconic TV family continues to deal with the current pandemic while navigating breakups and newfound sobriety, all while planning an upcoming wedding.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20210907abc07/

• Love 3

https://tvline.com/lists/fall-season-premieres-2021-tv-spoilers-preview/batwoman-season-3/

Spoiler

The live (!) Season 4 premiere picks up “about two weeks” after Ben rejected Darlene’s marriage proposal, showrunner Bruce Helford tells TVLine — and they “still haven’t discussed what Ben wants [moving forward].” Darlene remains “proactive,” as Helford puts it, “and that can go a lot of different ways.” One potential obstacle for the on-again/off-again couple: the return of Brian Austin Green, who, during his Dancing With the Stars journey, will reprise his role as Wellman floor worker Jeff. But regardless of what happens between Darlene and Ben, “You can pretty much guarantee that Ben and Darlene are [always going to be] part of each other’s lives now,” adds fellow EP Dave Caplan. “They have such a history now that they can’t just untangle, in the way that you might ordinarily do if you don’t stay together.” Plus, “Ben is so beloved by everybody else in the family that that’s kind of what makes it interesting going forward.”

BONUS SPOILER!: The veteran sitcom is moving full speed ahead with the recently engaged Dan and Louise. “We’ve got the wedding coming up, so there are some things going on that involve that,” Helford previews. “There is a lot of romance involved in this [season opener], and there are big changes coming in these people’s lives. This is the beginning of that.”

• Useful 3
  • Love 5

Re the spoiler, I'm not sure I'm on board with Helford's thinking, especially regarding the "obstacle" (please, tv gods, don't let that happen!).

Spoiler

Also, regarding all the "untangling" that he claims would be necessary for Ben and Darlene to go their separate ways, I just don't see it. Yeah, the family likes him, but he doesn't seem particularly close to the kids (which would be the biggest concern). And yes, they lived together for a while, but it was in DJ's childhood bedroom, so it's not like they have a ton of assets to divide. The only real "entanglement" I see is Dan's stake in the hardware store, which is inconsistent at best considering that Dan is planning to go off with Louise in an RV. I like the actor, and I used to like Ben as a character, but I REALLY don't want to draw this out into a will-they-or-won't-they.

And, because it can't be said enough, there is no way on this good earth that I could believe Brian Austin Green's character would fall for sourpuss Darlene, so please PLEASE don't do this! However, I would fully support him dating Becky and would love to see that.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Cherpumple said:

Re the spoiler, I'm not sure I'm on board with Helford's thinking, especially regarding the "obstacle" (please, tv gods, don't let that happen!).

Hide contents

Also, regarding all the "untangling" that he claims would be necessary for Ben and Darlene to go their separate ways, I just don't see it. Yeah, the family likes him, but he doesn't seem particularly close to the kids (which would be the biggest concern). And yes, they lived together for a while, but it was in DJ's childhood bedroom, so it's not like they have a ton of assets to divide. The only real "entanglement" I see is Dan's stake in the hardware store, which is inconsistent at best considering that Dan is planning to go off with Louise in an RV. I like the actor, and I used to like Ben as a character, but I REALLY don't want to draw this out into a will-they-or-won't-they.

And, because it can't be said enough, there is no way on this good earth that I could believe Brian Austin Green's character would fall for sourpuss Darlene, so please PLEASE don't do this! However, I would fully support him dating Becky and would love to see that.

Spoiler

Yes, they just want to keep Ben on the show because people like the actor. There is no entanglement that can not be easily broken. In reality, Ben would probably be more than happy to get away from the Connor disfunction.

• Love 3

Agree.  There is absolutely nothing in Helford's description of the season that interests me, and if those two romantic relationships are what they're going to focus on, I'm going to get really bored really fast.  Hopefully it plays better than it reads, and I only still watch out of inertia and nostalgia anyway.

• Love 3

I'm rather underwhelmed by them as a couple (I don't dislike the relationship, and found their trajectory from friendship to romantic love interesting, but haven't much cared about it once they got together), but that's the only promising tease from Helford I've read so far - hopefully they finally address some of the conflicting emotions the kids would inevitably feel, no matter how much they like Louise and are happy she's good for Dan.  I'd particularly like to hear from D.J. (and think Michael Fishman could actually pull it off, given how close he and Roseanne used to be in real life), but all three have been short-changed so far in this storyline.

I know the writers have to be careful, not wanting to remind the audience too much of Roseanne Barr, but Roseanne Conner's absence is much more significant in the characters' lives than has been shown (they moved at a natural pace and addressed the elephant in the room with Dan because John Goodman insisted on it, and we got a Jackie freak-out, but a "this is weird" conversation among the kids has been glaring in its absence) and Dan getting remarried ought to finally force them to deal with it.

• Love 5

More Spoilers For season 4!

https://tvline.com/2021/09/17/greys-anatomy-season-18-spoilers-meredith-hayes/?fbclid=IwAR0KDXOT--I6ykbAN2X-eoTuU68oSIsGGj9UXKVxwwwienVpaifoK3sE928

I’m excited to hear The Conners‘ Dan and Louise get married! Do you have any other spoilers? –O.B.

“We’re tackling a lot of really kind of tricky areas that we haven’t gone into before, and [exploring how] relationships are altered because of the change in what’s going to be going on with Dan and Louise, and Darlene and Ben,” exec producer Bruce Helford told TVLine during our in-depth Fall Preview Q&A. “Romance is in the air, and that affects Jackie, that affects Harris…. There are a lot of new beginnings for people and embarking on new paths in their lives.”

• Love 3

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20210920abc06/

4x03: Sober Sex, Plastic Silverware, and Losing My Religion Press Release

Part of Becky's recovery program mandates she make amends with people she has lied to over the years, leading her to meet up again with former high school friend Mikey to apologize for lying to him about her living a successful life. Meanwhile, Darlene visits with Pastor Phil (Jason Alexander), and Louise continues planning her wedding.

Guest starring is Katey Sagal as Louise, Jason Alexander as Pastor Phil and Darien Sills-Evans as Mikey.

Edited by ESS
  • Love 2

https://www.spoilertv.com/2021/09/the-conners-episode-404-wedding-of-dan.html

4x04: The Wedding Of Dan And Louise press release 

It’s Dan and Louise’s wedding day, but it’s a far-from-perfect walk down the aisle, especially when a weather report forecasts that a tornado is headed for Lanford creating chaos and surprises on “The Conners,” WEDNESDAY, OCT. 13 (9:00-9:31 p.m. EDT), on ABC. Watch episodes on demand and on Hulu the day following their premieres.

Guest starring is Katey Sagal as Louise, Fred Savage as Dr. Harding and Nat Faxon as Neville.

Edited by ESS
  • Love 3
Spoiler

According to what I read in that article Louise is missing and that's why she's not at the church! This what I was afraid of. I hope she's okay and that Dan finds her safe and sound so they can get married.

• Useful 2

Another new promo for 4x04:

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20211013abc02/

4x05:Peter Pan, The Backup Plan, Adventures in Babysitting, and A River Runs Through It   Press Release: (October 27th)

The Conner home is decked out for Halloween despite the leak in the roof that forces Dan and Louise to cancel their honeymoon. But all is not lost when Becky surprises the newlyweds and takes them on a virtual adventure around the world. Meanwhile, Darlene continues her spiritual journey, and Harris introduces Aldo's children to the family, where more tricks than treats await.

Guest starring is Katey Sagal as Louise and Tony Cavalero as Aldo.

Edited by ESS
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Katey Sagal got hit by a car while crossing the street and was taken to the hospital, but thankfully ... she's going to be okay.

The "Sons of Anarchy" and 'Conners' star was struck by a car as she was crossing the street as a pedestrian Thursday in L.A. ... a source close to the actress tells TMZ.

We're told the driver of the car did stop to help Katey, and she was transported by ambulance to a local hospital and treated for her injuries. Our source says they're not serious though, and she's expected to be released sometime Friday.

It's currently unclear if the driver has been cited for the accident.

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Katey Sagal got hit by a car while crossing the street and was taken to the hospital, but thankfully ... she's going to be okay.

The "Sons of Anarchy" and 'Conners' star was struck by a car as she was crossing the street as a pedestrian Thursday in L.A. ... a source close to the actress tells TMZ.

We're told the driver of the car did stop to help Katey, and she was transported by ambulance to a local hospital and treated for her injuries. Our source says they're not serious though, and she's expected to be released sometime Friday.

It's currently unclear if the driver has been cited for the accident.

Thank you for posting this! I was shocked. I'm so glad she's gonna be okay. People should be more careful! 😢 

• Love 3

4x05: Peter Pan, The Backup Plan, Adventures in Babysitting, And A River Runs Through It - Promotional Photos + Press Release

4.05 - Peter Pan, The Backup Plan, Adventures in Babysitting, And A River Runs Through It - Promotional Photos + Press Release

4x06: Young Love, Old Love and Take This Job and Shove It - Promotional Photos + Press Release

4.06 - Young Love, Old Love and Take This Job and Shove It - Promotional Photos + Press Release

• Love 2