Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 6/25/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

8 minutes ago, SoapySales said:

I am so damned sick of the Megsplainin' about how red America thinks every damned day. 

Does anyone else notice a weird thing she does with her head and her mouth when she does this?  I didn't notice it today, but she did it yesterday, and she did it a while back when she talked about "guys at the gas station with MAGA hats."  she does it at times when she talks about guns.   It's not exactly a redneck imitation, it's a bit more subtle than that. she does a slight southern accent, talks a little out of the side of her mouth.  watch for it, it will drive you crazy. 

• Love 13
(edited)
3 minutes ago, backformore said:

watch for it, it will drive you crazy. 

But....but....everything she says and does already drives me crazy.  My head will surely explode now. 

Edited by Ladyrain
  • Love 16

For once it seems Whoopi is doing her job, but the Show isn't yet on for West Coast, so my trivial question in these discouraging times is whether Whoopi is wearing a message schmatta for the third consecutive day?  Evidently to prove her point that Clothes Horse Melania just tosses on whatever rag her dresser lays out.  Nah-I don't care, do u?  Time for me to address the public on the importance of compassion...

(edited)
28 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

But....but....everything she says and does already drives me crazy already.  My head will surely explode now. 

I no longer watch The View due to MM!  Today I could watch the show on a loop! I haven't seen Whoopi that spittin' mad including Rosie's time on the show. Damn, she was close to hyperventilating.

Someone in wardrobe obviously dressed MM to resemble a giant blue tsunami!  Shout-out to wardrobe!

Edited by Catnip
  • Love 22
(edited)

So Meghan admits Trump doesn't give a fuck about his red state supporters.  He just lied to them to get votes.  And she doesn't mind that one bit. Because that meant her tribe won and day after day she is proving that is all she cares about.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 21

Go Whoopi!  Go Whoopi!  Go Whoopi!  Weeeeeeeeeeeeeew that was bloody awesome!  Guuuuurl let her have it!!  Totally loved it!  More more more, how did you like it? How did you like it? More more more!

• Love 19
39 minutes ago, telemachus2 said:

For once it seems Whoopi is doing her job, but the Show isn't yet on for West Coast, so my trivial question in these discouraging times is whether Whoopi is wearing a message schmatta for the third consecutive day?  Evidently to prove her point that Clothes Horse Melania just tosses on whatever rag her dresser lays out.  Nah-I don't care, do u?  Time for me to address the public on the importance of compassion...

I was watching a repeat yesterday of Wendy, and she had on a similar jacket, same material, but the back read, of course, 'how you doin?', so maybe it is just a clothing line, but still she should be aware of what she says and how its taken.  My personal belief is that it was a message meant for media who said she didnt care about her First Lady duties, and she was saying she didnt care about them, and was going to see the children.  *shrug* just a thought

• Love 2
1 hour ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Megsplainin.   LMAO! I LOVE it! Thank you Soapy!!!!!!

Thank you, rickhurst, but I can't take credit for that term. Credit goes to some other clever poster in this forum.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Tammee said:

Go Whoopi!  Go Whoopi!  Go Whoopi!  Weeeeeeeeeeeeeew that was bloody awesome!  Guuuuurl let her have it!!  Totally loved it!  More more more, how did you like it? How did you like it? More more more!

I was doing some serious WOOTING and scared the cats. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Tunia said:

Happy to see that my dream girl for MMM's replacement will be co-hosting tomorrow...Tara Setmayer. 

I don't care about her politics.  I like her because she's informed, very smart, quick-witted, "connected," and has a great sense of humor.  OH!  Guess all that leaves her out of any contention.

• Love 6

I haven't watched Wednesday's show yet so i may have to grudgingly give Whoopi kudos later. BUT, has anyone else noticed her fairly recent practice of over-pronouncing Hispanic names as if she's been talking a Babble Spanish course?

• Love 6

I think the most telling part was during the chicken segment when the others were laughing and carrying on, but MM sat back in her chair, sourfaced and didn't say a word. She has no ability to let things go.

I appreciate Whoppis passion but that was too much all around. With all of the depressing news, The View is adding to my anxiety. I don't think I can watch anymore. 

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, Tammee said:

I was watching a repeat yesterday of Wendy, and she had on a similar jacket, same material, but the back read, of course, 'how you doin?', so maybe it is just a clothing line, but still she should be aware of what she says and how its taken.  My personal belief is that it was a message meant for media who said she didnt care about her First Lady duties, and she was saying she didnt care about them, and was going to see the children.  *shrug* just a thought

Omg, I turned the tv on just as Wendy came out wearing the green jacket that said "how you doin'" I thought she was back from vacation. ....then realized it was a repeat show but I did laugh thinking she might  think Melania got the idea from her. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Ladyrain said:

Meggie is just stupid.  She was screeching about how the "fractured Democratic party should coerce and come together".  She meant coalesce.  Dumb-ass.

Thanks @Ladyrain I caught that too & my stomach churned.  It's sad, just very very sad!!

• Love 8
57 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Hey, I read Hillbilly Elegy and live in a red state. Does that mean I'm an authority on the rural poor too?

Why yes.  Yes it does. 

I've read all the Harry Potter books at least twice, so that surely qualifies me for wizardry. 

How can someone - MM -who must have been given the best education money can buy, be so clueless about how the world/life works?  Talking to a few people in some red states does not make her the grand guru of red states.  Yes, she grew up in Arizona, but something tells me she didn't pal around with the common folk, so when she says she "knows" the tRump voter, to me that means she lowered herself to spend a moment or two with someone from a different social class.  In reality, she has no idea what day to day life is like for those who she purports to "know". 

Also, I'd love to have been a fly on the wall with the panel after the show today!  Can they really just set aside such fundamental differences - aired in public, no less - and be all lovey dovey afterwards?   I'm a grudge holder, so that would not work in my world.

• Love 17
5 minutes ago, pachebo said:

I haven't watched Wednesday's show yet so i may have to grudgingly give Whoopi kudos later. BUT, has anyone else noticed her fairly recent practice of over-pronouncing Hispanic names as if she's been talking a Babble Spanish course?

I'll cut her some slack there; she can barely speak English sometimes. ?  When she gets all excited or perturbed about something she can't seem to gather her wits together enough to make her point.  Her sentences become just fumbling bumbling bunches of fits and starts.  She's not a good 'splainer.

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, ari333 said:

I was doing some serious WOOTING and scared the cats. 

Wow me too. Shouting "go for it Whoopi" I inadvertently knocked a cat off the back of the couch. I have not yet been forgiven.

• Love 15

I don't think that Meghan said another word after the second segment until her latest best friend and mentor came on and then she was all smiles. She didn't even ask Mr Douglas a question. Harris almost seemed upset that Whoopie asked her a question and interrupted the love fest. I haven't seen that much cross table hugging since ...... well, never. Somedays all I can do is just shake my head.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I am sick unto death of all of the John McCain adulation on this show.

Also, John McCain has been a member of Congress since before Meghan was born, so she is not a military brat.

Oh my god, I hadn't even thought about that!  She never lived the military lifestyle; she was definitely to the manor born. 

Sure, she has a brother (or two) in the military, but so did I, way back when.  And Mr. Rain served in the Air Force for the first four years of our marriage, so I'm at least as qualified to refer to myself as "military", even though it was decades ++ ago. 

She is a delusional narcissist.  Oh, and by the way - she's also a republican.  Did any of you know that?  *snerk*

• Love 9

I have been scheduling appointments all week during the time that The View airs because as someone said above, I believe it is adding to my anxiety. So today I spent three hours in the dentist chair whilst it aired and apparently missed the only episode worth watching! I still may stay tuned out. I don't need anyone explaining Trump supporters to me. I am fucking surrounded by them here in Idaho. It isn't so much that Meghan annoys me-she does-it is that they let her clown stomp all over the other panelists and rarely call her out.  Also -still mad at Joy and don't want to see her face. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Not to mention, Whoopie has been poor and has been on assistance.  Megan does not know that life. Plus, what about the rural poor who are of color. It is amazing how nobody and the media ever talks about them.  What about the Urban poor? The issues are so complex and have so many layers to them. 

OMG yes!  Most of us regular people have been poor at one time or another.  My parents would say, "We are struggling".  You know you are in the working class, even if you are college educated, when a lay off puts you on the edge of losing your home, cutting off all services not required for life, and selling a car....................etc.  The reason most people don't give a ton of presents to their kids at Christmas/Hanukkah is that they don't want to spoil then have to cut back.  For must of us this is a fact of life and we roll with it.  She has no fricking idea.

1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

As is my daily task apparently  SHUT THE FUCK UP MEGHAN.  Yes Democrats have been in power before but they have never denigrated the other party to the degree that your tribe leader Trump has.  Clinton and Obama both tried to work with Republicans for the good of the country.  And Meghan for your information Reagan even worked with the opposing party.  Having all branches controlled by one party is dangerous.  And not for nothing SCOTUS isn't supposed to be partisan but that ship sailed a few years back.

It's called the road to fascism.

43 minutes ago, dr. gailey said:

Also Meghan can kick rocks. This heifer gets upset whenever someone asks if she wants to have kids. Must be nice to have control over her child bearing choices while she would be happy to stop abortions.

I will say this that stopping abortions is just the tip of the iceberg.  We have already seen the availability of birth control lessening and wound up in this anti-abortion rhetoric is getting rid of fertility treatments for those that need it.  It is a 3-prong issue but they only talk about abortions.  I thought everyone, except for MM, had good retorts to the keep the baby and we WILL NOT HELP YOU CARE FOR IT WHEN IT IS BORN.  The whole I keep my guns ......................................is just off-putting.

56 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

So Meghan admits Trump doesn't give a fuck about his red state supporters.  He just lied to them to get votes.  And she doesn't mind that one bit. Because that meant her tribe won and day after day she is proving that is all she cares about.

Yes!  She is speaking for herself and has been.  Trump can kick the shit out of her father and she will still support him.  Don't let her tell you different.  She enrages both sides of the aisle.

3 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Also, John McCain has been a member of Congress since before Meghan was born, so she is not a military brat.

I should have added that up myself - OMFG!  What an embellisher.

13 minutes ago, Orillia said:

I don't think that Meghan said another word after the second segment until her latest best friend and mentor came on and then she was all smiles. She didn't even ask Mr Douglas a question

She did interrupt the flow of the interview by getting in her awkward point.  Maybe she was trying to joke.  She can't tell a joke and shouldn't try.

• Love 11
25 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I am sick unto death of all of the John McCain adulation on this show.

She is just a brat.

• Love 15

I don’t agree with Whoopi often but I agree that kids can benefit a lot for sharing their personal stories with one another and hearing those words of encouragement from each other. Adults need to be responsible for finding ways to protect children, but we need to encourage children to embrace each other and outnumber the bullies. It’s much harder to convince a child that an adult understands what they’re going through.

Meghan has such a narrow perspective of what ‘life’ means. As Sara pointed out, so many people care about what goes in a woman’s uterus but don’t give a shit after that baby is born. Don’t know what the more recent stats are, but back in 2014, the US  infant mortality rates were the worst among all developed countries and saw deaths specifically high among low income families after the child was sent home from the hospital. Many attribute this to the lack of care and resources available among low income families that prevent the best kind of care for children. Meghan is of the party that don’t believe in universal healthcare or the belief that a rich person’s money should fund the health of a poor American who can’t afford to supplement their own medical expenses. Meghan choosing when to apply her moral outrage only exposes the extent of her own hypocrisies.

This is the second day that Meghan has said that Jon Meacham said that Trump is getting re-elected in 2020.  If my memory serves me correctly, he didn’t say it as matter-of-factly as Meghan is making it out to be. He said it’s definitely a possibility. Also, Whoopi caught her good with pointing out that poor white mining communities have the same issues and concerns of what many black communities have and been saying forever.

• Love 16

How many 'mentors' has Meh-gan had? Jesus. What an asshole. She was really despicable today. And I couldn't believe her actually raising her voice at Whoopi. Good for the women for zinging her - with the truth!

• Love 18
4 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Meghan has such a narrow perspective of what ‘life’ means.

It's her arrogance that her belief supersedes every one else that makes me want to slap her.  She quoted the Declaration of Independence that each American has the right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. I see a lot of people who's liberty is being taken away by the very party she so fervently defends every day.  I see a lot of people's lives put in jeopardy every day by the very party she so fervently defends every day.  I see a lot of people's pursuit of happiness curtailed by the very party she so fervently defends every day.  

• Love 23
1 hour ago, ari333 said:

Whoopi has good days and not so good; but when she is on, she is on fire. Good for her.

Joys faces were good too.

To, me Joy looks pissed, scared and worn out this week. 

• Love 12
14 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

This is the second day that Meghan has said that Jon Meacham said that Trump is getting re-elected in 2020.  If my memory serves me correctly, he didn’t say it as matter-of-factly as Meghan is making it out to be. He said it’s definitely a possibility. 

You’re right.  Meghan said that she felt there was a high likelihood that Trump would be re-elected.  Meecham said that he could see that happening if the Dems don’t have a strong candidate running.  He said they need to choose wisely.

If I were Meecham I’d be pissed that my former intern kept lying about what I said.  No wonder he was turned away from Meghan for much of the interview.  

Maybe his memories of working with her weren’t as fond as her memories working for him!  LOL

• Love 11
27 minutes ago, fishsanwitt said:

And I couldn't believe her actually raising her voice at Whoopi.

She's treading on dangerous ground.  No one should EVAH piss off Whoopi...that girl can carry a grudge.  

• Love 14
(edited)

P.S.  Meghan, we don't have "steel" mines.  Steel is manufactured from something we take from the ground; I'll let you Google it.

58 minutes ago, bannana said:

Informed us that she "debates for a living".

I hope the producers of the late-night shows are watching.  Meghan has become quite the comedy writer.

Edited by Former Nun
It wasn't funny.
  • Love 15
10 minutes ago, BravaBravo said:

You’re right.  Meghan said that she felt there was a high likelihood that Trump would be re-elected.  Meecham said that he could see that happening if the Dems don’t have a strong candidate running.  He said they need to choose wisely.

If I were Meecham I’d be pissed that my former intern kept lying about what I said.  No wonder he was turned away from Meghan for much of the interview.  

Maybe his memories of working with her weren’t as fond as her memories working for him!  LOL

Well, on Twitter he specifically called her out in his thanks to the View.

She also posted this after the show today.

(edited)
3 minutes ago, bannana said:

Well, on Twitter he specifically called her out in his thanks to the View.

She also posted this after the show today.

Protecting every human life?  Guess all those lives lost in wars you so badly want us to fight aren't worth protecting huh?

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 19
25 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

It's her arrogance that her belief supersedes every one else that makes me want to slap her.  She quoted the Declaration of Independence that each American has the right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. I see a lot of people who's liberty is being taken away by the very party she so fervently defends every day.  I see a lot of people's lives put in jeopardy every day by the very party she so fervently defends every day.  I see a lot of people's pursuit of happiness curtailed by the very party she so fervently defends every day.  

The hilarity of her quoting the declaration is that it's a document that preaches equality and unalienable rights that have been given to man by God himself...so if her pro-life stance was truly inspired by this declaration, then how is it that she doesn't believe in open borders since men, women and children have a God given right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness? That document doesn't say that is only for 'Americans'. It references the equality of all man. Again, she picks and chooses when to apply her morality and when not to. We all have our bias but she so quickly contradicts her own 'beliefs' based on the topic and which political affiliation is the focus of said topic. Meghan is trying to justify her pro-life position as having secular reasoning but just my opinion that her stance is mostly driven by non-secular influence... as though people don't respect pro-life due to religious reasons. The issue has never been that people don't respect ones religious belief to disagree with abortion, the issue has always been using ones religious beliefs to impose on an individual what they can do with their body and essentially how they may choose to live their life via the decisions they make for themselves.

• Love 7
(edited)

My sincere thanks to all the pro life women of Generation Roe for your support today. The future will remember that we stood on the side of protecting every human life.

2:36 PM - Jun 28, 2018

Protecting human life?  Only if you are privileged, white, Christian, and an American citizen. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 19
3 hours ago, Catnip said:

I no longer watch The View due to MM!  Today I could watch the show on a loop! I haven't seen Whoopi that spittin' mad including Rosie's time on the show. Damn, she was close to hyperventilating.

Someone in wardrobe obviously dressed MM to resemble a giant blue tsunami!  Shout-out to wardrobe!

I was so disappointed she was wearing that high-necked dress, as I can imagine she was bright red under that thing while Whoopi was handing her her ass. It would have given me such pleasure to see that.

48 minutes ago, Cindyluwho said:

To, me Joy looks pissed, scared and worn out this week.

I wouldn't say pissed or scared. I'd say so over it. Her left eye was twitching today during one of MMs verbal vomits.

• Love 7