Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
PrincessPurrsALot

S05.E12 Gone Girl 2018.06.21

Recommended Posts

Quote

After a successful beer event, Austen is hit with romantic reality and Craig faces harsh truths. Meanwhile, as Thomas and Ashley struggle to resolve their issues, Chelsea feels vindicated when she hears some news from Shep.  Cameran finally gets to enjoy some freedom from motherhood. Kathryn goes missing and her friends fear the worst. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

When Craig was very late to go to Ms Patricia’s, his hands were shaking when he was on the computer. Looks like alcohol withdrawal symptoms to me. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

I’m calling BS on Kathryn’s disappearance.  Smells like producer manipulation to me.

Craig is such a loser.  And, he’s dirty.  Flu shots might make him walk backward? Whut?  And, the pillows?  I would think a lawyer would be concerned with stealing copyrighted pictures and other legal issues that could arise from using pictures from the internet.  Not to mention Patricia was surely expecting an original, creative product. LOSER!

When Naomi and Danni were at Kathryn’s apt., they showed one car as Kathryn, then she drove to Danni’s In a different car.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, bosawks said:

Craig’s house looks like it smells like ass.

Craig looks like he smells like ass.  Ass and alcohol.

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post

19 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I would think a lawyer would be concerned with stealing copyrighted pictures and other legal issues that could arise from using pictures from the internet.

It was not what Patricia wanted apparently (if you believe this plot line even a little bit), but not all images/clip art on the internet are copyrighted.  There are many available for use, even for commercial purposes.

6 minutes ago, FlyingEgret said:

What is she doing on this show??

Supporting cast/promotion for her design business.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I am starting to think that Craig may be bipolar based on his comments to his therapist and his everyday action or lack of everyday actions.

He may also be using some type of opioids for his hand injury as well as alcohol which adds to his "slow "roll. His demeanor seems that he definitely is not on any "uppers" .

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

I think Craig has a good heart and I find him endearing, usually, but he's not making it easy to root for him. He seems to be lacking direction even more than before. He's young enough to still be able to do whatever he wants, even if that's not being a lawyer, but he isn't putting forth real effort into other areas either. I think he's probably bullshitting around because he can live off the bravo paycheck and he's not thinking further ahead yet.

 

Cameron looks amazing so soon after having a baby.

  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post

5 minutes ago, rideashire said:

I think Craig has a good heart and I find him endearing, usually, but he's not making it easy to root for him. He seems to be lacking direction even more than before. He's young enough to still be able to do whatever he wants, even if that's not being a lawyer, but he isn't putting forth real effort into other areas either. I think he's probably bullshitting around because he can live off the bravo paycheck and he's not thinking further ahead yet.

Yes, I defended Craig ^upthread for not having a 9-to-5 gig, but that doesn't excuse making a committment and then blowing it off.  I'm not 100% convinced that this Patricia pillow thing was a real thing, but if it was, then he needs to get it together.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

That bracelet had to be only for drama and product placement - Thomas obviously didn’t want Assley to return from Cali.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, bosawks said:

Craig’s house looks like it smells like ass.

Originally I was sorry that Craig didn't get custody of Gizmo, but now I'm glad he is with Naomi. I'm pretty sure that Craig would never change the litter box, even if that meant Gizmo would start peeing all over the house.

21 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Cam, Whitney and Shep seem like true friends, show or not.

Yes, it seemed like that to me too. It's also apparent from Cam's instagram, particularly Whitney and Patricia which surprised me.

20 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Yes, I defended Craig ^upthread for not having a 9-to-5 gig, but that doesn't excuse making a committment and then blowing it off.  I'm not 100% convinced that this Patricia pillow thing was a real thing, but if it was, then he needs to get it together.

I'd guess that it was the producers' idea. But Patricia really does have a website where she sells her kaftans. If Craig had come up with decent designs that fit in with Pat's aesthetic I think there was an opportunity for it to become a real thing. After all, they had free advertising on the show.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Cam, Whitney and Shep seem like true friends, show or not.

Their lunch scene cracked me up....just the faces they were making at each other, and the conversation about breast feeding - I laughed out loud when Whitney did another sprayspit (just like last week's beer tasting).  They do seem like true friends, and I like that. 

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post

40 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

Yes - but I could have lived without the breast milk shot.

I don't think that was real breast milk. Breast milk isn't that thick and white. It's thinner and less opaque. You have to shake it a bit if it's been sitting in a bottle. I noticed it right away.

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post

Well, kudo's to Kathryn for coming clean about her depression.  For many, this is very hard to do.  And if she went off her meds cold turkey...well, that's bad if she was on a SSRI.  You don't do that.  Yeah, she should have let someone know she was okay but at the same time I understand the dark place she was in and why she didn't want to talk to anyone.

Loved TRav giving Ashley a bracelet....just for her reaction of disappointment. 

As for Craig...the whole pillow thing was production driven.  Craig has never shown creativity with his sewing but rather just following directions.  And picking out material.  He's not a designer.  He just sews.

I really enjoyed Cam getting together with Shep and Whitney.  Yeah, me too, on the breast milk.  Too much.

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

He just sews.

He mostly doesn’t do that he basically just uses the preprogrammed embroidery patterns on his machine. However, he fancied himself a designer and has talked about starting a fashion line so it wasn’t a ridiculous ask and his effort was pathetic. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

I think Craig has some kind of substance abuse issues and possibly anxiety.  He seems to freak out and fail when anything is expected of him.  He sabotages every opportunity he is given.

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post

How on earth does Cameron eat what she does and stay so damn slim?  She looks fabulous. I'm so jealous.  She also makes Whitney more tolerable and makes me even kinda like him.

I don't even know what to say about Craig.

I appreciate Kathryn's discussion of her depression.  It's something that is just never talked about even though most people experience it (myself included).  Sucks that she can't go off the grid for a bit without her friends suspecting the worst. It really had to be done on camera?  

Why doesn't she get her damn screen fixed though?  Drives me nuts.

I miss Gizmo, but as long as we see sweet Tyson each episode, I can deal with it.  He really loves Chelsea, it's adorable. 

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, KLJ said:

How on earth does Cameron eat what she does and stay so damn slim?

Prepregnancy she used to IG her workouts which were frequent. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I have to ask, is Craig a moron?  I don't get his appeal at all. Actually, I don't get Shep's either. The men on this show are not the most appealing. But Craig??? How do you go over to a potential big clients home 3 hours late and with nothing? 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, absolutelyido said:

What was Thomas doing with the water in the sink at the beginning of the episode? (and why?)

It was probably very cold water - I believe it constricts the blood vessels in your face to reduce swelling

If you ever saw the movie Mommie Dearest, in the opening sequence  of Joan Crawford getting ready  in the early morning before she left for the studio-    put her face in a big bowl of ice water.

ETA - Patricia, Naomie... & Gizmo?

http://patriciascouture.com/

 

 

unnamed-1-1.jpg

Edited by sheetmoss
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I really need someone to pull up The info on whether or not Trav owns that house or if it’s just a rental for the show. There is a world of difference from his pristine historical remodel that was deemed not child friendly and these cold and not at all decorated rooms at this house. I am wondering if he isn’t as well off financially as he used to be. Paying off women for assaulting them can get expensive.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

I hear thru the grapevine that he’s not as well off as he used to be. I think his family isn’t going to pick up the slack, either. Anytime you see one of these shows (think the Chrisleys) where the house looks barren, it is most likely a rental. But it was published at some point that when he sold the big house downtown he bought something smaller to accommodate the children. And likely, his budget. He spent a great deal of money on his failed senate campaign, keeping up the big house in the country and polo ponies isn’t cheap. Had he never been on this show, he’d probably be fine. People have distanced themselves from him, he’s banned from over a dozen restaurants/bars in Charleston who don’t want his kind of negative publicity.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

When Craig was very late to go to Ms Patricia’s, his hands were shaking when he was on the computer. Looks like alcohol withdrawal symptoms to me. 

When he was having lunch with Kathryn the episode prior, he looked like he was withdrawing from something. He looked very physically uncomfortable.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Man, Craig is dumb!  I'm not a designer by any means but why couldn't he take pictures of Gizmo and Patricia's dogs and Chelsey's dog and made original prints of them?  He could have taken pictures of the beautiful Charleston palm trees and beaches and beautiful Southern Oaks and incorporated them in with Gizmo and the other pets.  It would have been beautiful and ORIGINAL.  Not freaking clip art!  Ugh!  And I know that he would have sold at least 20 pillows of Gizmo to you very posters on this here message board because I know you guys LOVE Gizmo!!  lol  Right!!

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post

Everyone on the show seems to have such lovely homes.

Then we come to Craig.  I hold no brief for Naomi, but how did she live with such a filthy man?  He must be clinically depressed or using drugs.  How do you go all day doing NOTHING?  Pick up a broom!  Or, you know, the phone and hire a cleaning service.   Just pathetic.

You need help, Craig.  Something is wrong.   It’s not Zen, it’s xenophobia. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Ashley crying to Patricia was nauseating.

I don't care if Craig is bipolar or has ADHD, if you are 3 hours late I'm not answering the fucking door. And you're going to be left behind on everything else that requires you to be there at a certain time.

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, SFoster21 said:

Everyone on the show seems to have such lovely homes.

Then we come to Craig.  I hold no brief for Naomi, but how did she live with such a filthy man?  He must be clinically depressed or using drugs.  How do you go all day doing NOTHING?  Pick up a broom!  Or, you know, the phone and hire a cleaning service.   Just pathetic.

You need help, Craig.  Something is wrong.   It’s not Zen, it’s xenophobia. 

I could easily  spend my days messing around dabbling in  that which catches my fancy for the moment, no problem, without even considering a broom.

Edited by Higgins
  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post

Was no one else horrified by everyone’s relief when they discovered Kathryn was alive because she picked up her kids? Not one of them seemed to think that it might not be safe for the kids to be in her care after she had spent several days walled up in her apartment, skipping work and ignoring calls? I appreciate that no one wanted to tell Thomas knowing that he would use it against her but no one thought they should maybe check in again? Those poor kids. 

  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, TeeMo said:

Was no one else horrified by everyone’s relief when they discovered Kathryn was alive because she picked up her kids? Not one of them seemed to think that it might not be safe for the kids to be in her care after she had spent several days walled up in her apartment, skipping work and ignoring calls? I appreciate that no one wanted to tell Thomas knowing that he would use it against her but no one thought they should maybe check in again? Those poor kids. 

Yes that bothered me immensely! I get wanting a break from reality for a while but unfortunately when you have kids, friends that care about you and a “job” you don’t have the luxury of disappearing for a few days. People are going to worry.  Kathryn chose the reality tv career path and cameras sort of come with the territory. The money may be good but it’s not good for her or anyone else for that matter in the long run. I’ve never taken anti depressants but even I know you don’t just stop taking them-usually there is a weaning off process. 

I finally got on board the Kathryn is trying train and then this happened. Ive always also been a Craig apologist but tonight he was a damn mess. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, missyb said:

How do you go over to a potential big clients home 3 hours late and with nothing? 

You don't.  This storyline is far too over-the-top to be believed. If Craig were remotely this damaged, the impression I got from his family is that they would be storming Charleston to retrieve him.

ymmv

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I'm thinking the whole Kathryn disappearing thing had to have been completely producer driven for the story line.  Naomie and Danni didn't seem all that concerned and if it was that bad they would have called the police.  I don't believe a property manager by law can confirm or deny someone is in their residence.  I've had stalkerish boyfriends before and if my property manager confirmed I was home while I was trying to keep away, we'd have a real situation.

ETA: if they thought her health and/or safety were in danger, they would have called the police.  Once my parents were gone for far too long, and late into the evening.  I called their local police department for a well being check (they were fine).  That's what public safety is all about.

I'm a master with a credit card by the way :)  I used to keep a couple spares on hand because I had a door handle that would magically lock itself when I was working outside!

The bracelet was not pretty.  I'm wondering if that was all part of it in Thomas's manipulative mind.   I'm going to give you something, and it's not something you would want, but you can't say I'm not trying and you can't say I'm not giving.  I had a couple ugly pieces like that ;)

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I'm thinking the whole Kathryn disappearing thing had to have been completely producer driven for the story line.  Naomie and Danni didn't seem all that concerned and if it was that bad they would have called the police.  I don't believe a property manager by law can confirm or deny someone is in their residence.  I've had stalkerish boyfriends before and if my property manager confirmed I was home while I was trying to keep away, we'd have a real situation.

ETA: if they thought her health and/or safety were in danger, they would have called the police.  Once my parents were gone for far too long, and late into the evening.  I called their local police department for a well being check (they were fine).  That's what public safety is all about.

^Yep & yep^

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, Mountainair said:

I finally got on board the Kathryn is trying train and then this happened. Ive always also been a Craig apologist but tonight he was a damn mess. 

Me, too, on both counts. I was so wrong about Craig, I really thought he was getting himself together.  When he told his lawyer buddy that he "didn't want to work for anybody", that pretty much told me that he wants to be a free bird entrepreneur. Only problem is Craig doesn't have mailbox money to finance himself. I picture him blowing through all of his TV money in no time.  If he really did purchase a couple of rental properties, I can only imagine being an unfortunate tenant of his and trying to get any repairs taken care of. A nightmare! He will probably let those properties go to hell, too. 

Well, for all of us that thought Kathryn was on some kind of medication that gave her such a calm, flat, mood altering affect, we were right. Anti-depressants can do that to a person. That's why some people stop taking them. They don't like the way the drug makes them feel, then once they go off them they realize how much they really need them. I hope she finds the right prescription that will work best for her. 

Having said that, the entire bit with Danni and Naomi checking on her and Kathryn not answering the door while they were banging on it and trying to pick the lock was rediculous. If I were Kathryn I would not be too happy to be portrayed as someone holed up in my apartment having everyone worrying if I'm dead or alive. Unless she knew about the storyline of course. Which obviously she did. 

Cameron meeting Shep and Whitney for lunch at the BBq place- I noticed Cam and Shep ordered  huge plates of food and Whit had NO plate in front of him. He was picking french fries off their plates. I am convinced he has an eating disorder, hence his covering himself up from head to toe all of the time, even in the dead of summer.  

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size