Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: Hilton Head-Ache 2018.05.31

• Start Topic

In other news, when Craig was walking to the table with his plate of food, he's got a sashay to his gait that I find highly suspect.  Not that there is something wrong with it or its any of my business.  I just see things in his demeanor that make me think he's got a little sugar in his tank.  I think he's just super metro.  Or Metero as we used to say mid-millennium :)

• Love 2

Goodness.

I tried thinking of what my group of friends would do under similar circumstances, but none of my friends would put up with Thomas so neither he nor Ashley would even be there. But let's pretend we do hang with that fool and his fool...I'm pretty damn sure that my fun-loving, brunch-loving, wine-meme-loving middle class (mostly mom) friends would have destroyed Ashley (verbally) and called her an Uber. I personally think all of the ladies really held back - then again, I am a hillbilly so maybe that's just hillbilly talk. :)

Naomi, you let me down. Katherine would have appreciated it if you had JD'd Ashley, heh. Timing, girl. 

Katherine mentioned how two years ago the other women wouldn't have given her the time of day, but I think that Danni has always been sympathetic, and Naomi and Chelsea came into the scene post most of the worst drama and were generally nice to Katherine as well (please tell me if I am forgetting something). Cameran was a shit to her, ditto for Landon - but I really wasn't bothered by Landon being mean to Katherine because Katherine was nutso to her first. And Katherine has obviously had extremely questionable behavior, to say the least, but I love a good comeback. Make amends, do the right things, be accountable, straighten shit out and move forward - it's not easy, and I'm rooting for her and her kids. (WE WERE ALL ROOTING FOR YOU!!! Oh, Tyra...) Thomas - there's no hope. He has too many misfiring cylinders. 

Austen reminds me of the Misfit Elf. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

My take on the situation, especially, in light of this episode is that one of these things is happening:

Either:

Ashley has been hired to play a role (even if she really is in a relationship with Thomas). And so she knows what is expected of her, as does Thomas AND the other cast members. This includes Kathryn and she and Thomas have signed waivers that they participating in a factitious enactments for a tv show and that it's not real and they will not use it against once another for any purpose, as it affords both of them income (their custody attorneys would have viewed the waivers and approved them) OR

Thomas has lost his mind, he is TOTALLY disregarding his attorneys advice by standing by for this display regarding the children and his new girlfriend with Kathryn, he has jumped the rails so bad, that can't think clearly.  And soon, his attorneys will either withdraw from his case, because he won't listen or they'll have him enter a rehab of some sort to address whatever the hell is wrong with him.  

Sometimes, clients go rogue and end up being their own worst enemy.  I'm actually hoping that Ashley is a plant. 

Couldn't it be both?

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Stiggs said:

Naomi, you let me down. Katherine would have appreciated it if you had JD'd Ashley, heh. Timing, girl. 

I can't fault Naomi in this instance. The last time she went ride or die or, JD'd someone (I love that btw), it blew up in her face. JD and Wifey showed up as though there were no issues and he hadn't completely demeaned his wife and family. So, she probably figured, "I've tried to stand up for my friends before and it left me feeling stupid and embarrassed in the end. I might as well see how this goes and offer support when I can."

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, MatildaMoody said:

I can't fault Naomi in this instance. The last time she went ride or die or, JD'd someone (I love that btw), it blew up in her face. JD and Wifey showed up as though there were no issues and he hadn't completely demeaned his wife and family. So, she probably figured, "I've tried to stand up for my friends before and it left me feeling stupid and embarrassed in the end. I might as well see how this goes and offer support when I can."

Yup - she got screwed and was keeping her trap shut. I was sitting here waiting for the MVP to jump from the bench and slay the drunk dragon, and she just sat there looking dejected. Dang you to heck, Elizabeth and JD! 

• Love 7
18 hours ago, scenicbyway said:

Yes!  I couldn't believe that Whitney of all people was sitting there quietly at Katherine's side during that confrontation and then he complimented her behavior afterword!  It was shocking!  Normally he'd be in the corner egging the whole thing on.

Once Thomas and Ashley walked away from the table I thought the episode must be over and then I looked at the clock and there was 45 minutes left!  That fight felt like an hour.  I do wonder what meds Katherine is on, she was way too calm for what was being thrown at her.  I'm sure she's worried about custody too.

Shep not liking Ashley has to be a first!  Even when someone's been ugly, he's given them a pass until her.

Cheltsie, make up your mind about Austen, we all know you like that he folllws you around like a puppy dog, but making him look like a fool is not nice.  Austen, she's just not into you.  Find someone else, preferably not a friend of Cheltsie's.

The biggest mystery of the episode has to be how Craig ran out of clothes on the second day of the trip...

Whitney is a producer of the show, so sits there to control the situations.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Ashley has been hired to play a role (even if she really is in a relationship with Thomas). And so she knows what is expected of her, as does Thomas AND the other cast members. This includes Kathryn and she and Thomas have signed waivers that they participating in a factitious enactments for a tv show and that it's not real and they will not use it against once another for any purpose, as it affords both of them income (their custody attorneys would have viewed the waivers and approved them) OR

Thomas has lost his mind, he is TOTALLY disregarding his attorneys advice by standing by for this display regarding the children and his new girlfriend with Kathryn, he has jumped the rails so bad, that can't think clearly.  And soon, his attorneys will either withdraw from his case, because he won't listen or they'll have him enter a rehab of some sort to address whatever the hell is wrong with him.  

It's definitely possible that either or both scenarios could be true. But, I truly think this is Thomas trying to manipulate two women. It's kind of like how he kept Landon and Kathryn at each others throats in previous seasons. He's got a woman on the hook thinking that she is going to his Mrs. and the mother of his children who has to do what he wants her to do if she wants to see or spend time with said children constantly going back and forth. It feeds his ego and it keeps Kathryn in a subordinate position regarding her kids. He said it himself, he has "all the money and the power" in his relationship and that seems to be a constant with him. It doesn't matter if it is Kathryn, Landon, or Ashley. 

I think the only real difference is that Ashley is a much more expert clinger than Landon was. Thomas is going to have a more difficult time getting rid of her because she has obviously stored up every negative thing that Thomas has said about Kathryn and if he dumps her she will most likely be the one who goes rogue. She could spill all kinds of dirt - if he was this indiscreet about the things he said about the mother of his children, there is no telling what he may have ranted to her about when it came to the women accusing him of harassment and sexual assault. 

55 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I haven't heard this phrase in ages and it made me laugh out loud!

Ha! It's the only word that comes to mind when I think of Thomas. 

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, Stiggs said:

Yup - she got screwed and was keeping her trap shut. I was sitting here waiting for the MVP to jump from the bench and slay the drunk dragon, and she just sat there looking dejected. Dang you to heck, Elizabeth and JD! 

I don't think it's the same thing at all. In the first case she was sticking her nose in someone's marriage. In the second she would have been telling a bitch to not be so fucking rude.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, nexxie said:

Somebody needs to get her a therapist - it’s as if her hatefulness is eating away at her body as well as her spirit!

That's scary thin.  And she really thinks she looks incredible.

• Love 15
22 minutes ago, politichick said:

I don't think it's the same thing at all. In the first case she was sticking her nose in someone's marriage. In the second she would have been telling a bitch to not be so fucking rude.

Sure, she was sticking her nose in JD's marriage the first time. But, the second time was her simply talking to Patricia about the fact that Cameron actually wanted Kathryn to be at her baby shower and Patricia walked away from her. This outing would have been her third attempt at being ride or die for a friend, and I think after the second time, she knew should hold back and see what happened before she jumped in. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

That's scary thin.  And she really thinks she looks incredible.

And yet still a company wants her endorsement.  I would have failed marketing in modern times.  Integrity, image, reputation...makes no difference.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, tabloidlover said:

I love Brian Moylan’s recaps and this comment is the best!!!  

EB98B1FF-A76F-49B8-A102-D64C5438FC0D.jpeg

I came here to post something just like this. That was my biggest takeaway of the night. Shep is a drunken mess with some serious issues but I can’t recall him really speaking poorly of anyone in the past. His reactions to Ashley were signal enough that he did not like her but when he sat down and said “ I HATE her,” I thought, shoot, whatever crazy editing might go on here Ashley must be as much of a nightmare as she seems. Or maybe even worse. 

• Love 17
(edited)

They all may truly hate Ashley, but, it may be that they all got the memo that says, it's okay to voice your hatred for Ashley. Wink. Wink. Play it up big.  Key word: Drama. 

I've partied with some pretty far out there, out of control, narcissistic, drunk, A-holes before, (even in SC) and people just don't act the way Ashley has naturally, imo.  Not without some incentive. Even by Kathryn's standards. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 4
(edited)
7 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

The horse riding - they keep saying, oh, I just want to run.  With the unspoken "we could if SHE wasn't here..." 

But we found out she has been riding horses for years.  Someone found it on her Instagram.  If this is scripted, she is pretty stupid to put herself as the shrew.  Her latest pics tells me that both she and Thomas are big into the drugs.

Her whole thing about birthing a child does not equal mother was horrific.  Kathryn does love her children and I think it was Trav's influence/father money.  How he got total control of the kids is beyond me.

Wanted to add that Shep and Chelsea would make a good couple on paper.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Like 1
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, jennylauren123 said:

I can understand wanting to go faster than a walk. I used to ride trails out west, and it doesn't get much better than racing up the hills with your friends.

Imagine being on your brand new racing bike, and one of the kids there, who is a pain in the ass and doesn't like to ride in the first place, has training wheels. You have to slow your roll for that kid. No fun.

Yeah it sucks— but as an adult you graciously pretend it doesn’t bug you and you just walk, so you don’t make the other person feel bad.  

It’s a really crappy feeling to be the wet blanket, so the person who’s oh-so-annoyed at you is just making you feel worse than you already feel.

I guess it’s because I’ve been there, and it sucks.

Not that Ashley isn’t a loon, but what the ladies were doing was total bullshit.

4 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I think everyone on here knows that I'm not a fan of Motherboy aka Whitless aka Whitney and Drunkie-O. They both have been holding this grudge against Kathryn for urkelling the show away 

Dying at Motherboy.

Also YES good point about that.  They were super pissed Kathryn stole the show season 1.

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, nexxie said:

Somebody needs to get her a therapist - it’s as if her hatefulness is eating away at her body as well as her spirit!

I just.

Many, many, many people have suggested that Thomas is responsible for Kathryn's downward spiral.

I get that. I do.

But this picture?  As much as I dislike Ashley, perhaps I should start feeling sorry for her in the way I do Kathryn. 

Ultimately how they handle life is on them, but dang if he doesn't seem the conductor of the train to crazy town.  Climb Aboard!  Lose yourself AND your shit!  On TV!  With an audience! 

All because you thought/think Ravenel is some kind of catch.

Edited by dosodog
  • Love 18
4 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I think everyone on here knows that I'm not a fan of Motherboy aka Whitless aka Whitney and Drunkie-O. They both have been holding this grudge against Kathryn for urkelling the show away from Whitless. I think the spinoffs have helped Whitless gain some perspective about what types of things people find entertaining or not entertaining--on the not side, middle aged douches treating the women around them like garbage. Whitney sitting next to Kathryn resisting the urge to call Kathryn a trashy hillbilly was a huge step for him.

That said, I still don't like either of them because they are unrepentant snobs and have yet to frankly admit that Thomas is a malignant entitled penis monster whose fundamental nastiness is barely contained by white jeans, a family name, a half decent liberal arts education, and money.

Thomas is so repulsive that he activates my lizard brain's fight or flight responses. He's so awful that I'm always surprised that the cast doesn't break out in sweats, hives, a fever, or convulsions as their immune systems overreact to his toxicity. Look at Ashley. I don't even like her, but there is no reason she should be flipping out like that unless she's actually certifiable and/or Thomas has been riling her up behind the scenes. And her recent dramatic weight loss makes me lean in the direction that Thomas has been fucking with her head. 

Why? Why can we only "love" a post one time? This is everything.  

• Love 12
(edited)

DJust mulling over the Thomas & Katherine saga.  Katherine was very young, dumb, and got caught up with Thomas, twice her age and of course got pregnant.  On to drugs and alcohol, which she is paying for now.  If she stays clean, if she is, and tests clean for however long it takes court wise, can she ever get full custody ever?   Half, or what?  I don't know the law.  Lost the rest of my post. Need new I pad. SOAB.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, dosodog said:

I just.

Many, many, many people have suggested that Thomas is responsible for Kathryn's downward spiral.

I get that. I do.

But this picture?  As much as I dislike Ashley, perhaps I should start feeling sorry for her in the way I do Kathryn. 

Ultimately how they handle life is on them, but dang if he doesn't seem the conductor of the train to crazy town.  Climb Aboard!  Lose yourself AND your shit!  On TV!  With an audience! 

Agreed.  He is just an awful human being.  The way he yelled at Chelsea, the way he laughed when Ashley was going off, I believe the women on his sexual assault allegations.

• Love 14
(edited)
30 minutes ago, TeeMo said:

Shep is a drunken mess with some serious issues but I can’t recall him really speaking poorly of anyone in the past.

He has spoken very poorly of Craig in the past. To his face and behind his back. He did the same regarding Austen last season when he had the hots for Chelsea and she was not interested in him, she liked Austen. Shep is a jealous person. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 14
7 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

DJust mulling over the Thomas & Katherine saga.  Katherine was very young, dumb, and got caught up with Thomas, twice her age and of course got pregnant.  On to drugs and alcohol, which she is paying for now.  If she stays clean, if she is, and tests clean for however long it takes court wise, can she ever get full custody ever?   Half, or what?  I don't know the law.

Children's issues can always be reviewed by the court, if necessary, for their best interest.  If Kathryn's parental rights were not terminated, then there is always the chance that she could get a modification of the current custodial arrangement. (There are also situations where the parties contract to mediate and not go to court, but, the children's welfare is still protected by law.)

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, dosodog said:

I just.

I get that. I do.

That comment Kathryn made about everyone finally seeing how Thomas was with her (along with the assault/rape accusations) makes me think this guy is truly sociopathic. Scares me to think he’s in charge of those children.

• Love 11

Here is what bugs me with the Ashley hate.

Once again women pile on the women.  Why are the women hating Ashley when it was Thom-Ass who brought her?  Ashley  didn't come by herself, it's because of Thom Thumb that she's even there and I didn't see any of these women go up to Thomas and say, "why did you bring this loon?"  Thomas is attracted to screwed up women; Kathryn was trying to find herself when they hooked up and Ashley is nutso, so she fit right into Thomas' life. 

I also don't think Jennifer or Naomie or any of those women really like Kathryn, but since Cameron isn't filming that much anymore, Kathryn's the leading female of the show and if you want camera time, then you better film with her.  The truth is Kathryn needs the show and the show needs her.  I think Kathryn should get off reality TV, stop making goo goo eyes at Thomas and concentrate on getting full custody of those kids.  I mean IMO, I think Kathryn got pregnant by Thomas twice because she thought the man was going to marry her.  I could have told her that shit was NOT going to happen.  Thomas loves only one person and that is himself, which is why I think he loves his kids because they are part of HIM.  It's all about Thomas, and I wish Kathryn would wake up and realize he isn't worth it. 

• Love 15
Just now, Gem 10 said:

DJust mulling over the Thomas & Katherine saga.  Katherine was very young, dumb, and got caught up with Thomas, twice her age and of course got pregnant.  On to drugs and alcohol, which she is paying for now.  If she stays clean, if she is, and tests clean for however long it takes court wise, can she ever get full custody ever?   Half, or what?  I don't know the law.

I don't know the law either, but I would imagine that if she does indeed keep her nose clean (literally and figuratively), stays off of the crazy train, she should get at least equal custody.  Now depending on what happens to her baby daddy, she may end up with sole custody, at least temporarily.  It would be beyond sweet to see Thomas have to be supervised for visitation.

irony burning truck.jpg

• Love 8
3 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

She's spent most  of her life in and around Washington D.C. and NYC.

And from what I've read, she's in many ways persona non grata in DC - something to do with "approriating" one of her husband's family's heirlooms and refusing to return them.  Oh, and claiming his kinship with Robert E. Lee as her own.  I find her very off-putting.  The baby shower clinched it "well, since I'm giving it, I think I should be the one deciding who comes..."  What real Southern woman with manners does that?  It's the MOTHER of the baby who decides.  Unless it's a surprise, the first thing you do is ask the mother-to-be who should be asked. 

She just didn't want Kathryn, which shows how petty she really is.  

• Love 18
5 hours ago, gingerella said:

I hadnt thought about tr (Im using lower case letter for that asstwat because any man that has to yell violently to intimidate a female should be fired on the spot and taken to court) hiring a fake gf to try to get Katherine to ruin her custody arrangement but I can totally see that disgusting creep doing that, and just imagining it possible is bad enough. What makes be sickened is that none of the guys tried to step in and diffuse the situation, NONE of them. They're all fucking pussies! Craig's lame ass "I didn't know or I would have come and saved the day" is bullshit, and his life coach only feeds into and reinforces his useless life demeanor. I cant stand him or Naomi at this point. I'm also beyond disgusted with Patricia, who always seems to be riding the edge of "finally someone is going to take them to task for their ill behaviors" but then she always backs down - like the "why are men not marrying anymore" and when she heard tr's answer, she should have told him that was a misogynistic and disgusting answer, and gotten up and left the table, all while telling him he's no longer welcome in her home. NObody cuts off this asshole, which makes me wonder why that is? Shep complains about how much he hates ASSley, yet he does her bidding for her, gets what she wants, and sort of semi consoles them after the blow up. They ALL should have shunned that bitch and kicked both of them out of that house. In fact, they should have quietly gotten on the ferry and left those two assholes wherever they were for the night. And if they refused to leave the house that night, production should have been called in due to tr's violent outburst to Chelsea. That alone should have been enough to kick them out and then refuse to film with them ever again. But no, these are all famewhores who wont stand up against production or the almighty dollar so why should we be upset on their behalf anyway?

Re: Chelsea and Austin, I think ultimately she loves him, is attracted to him, and would like a more serious relationship with him but he still acts like a boy/guy/dude, and she wants him to be a man. She wants him to have a career/real job, she wants him to stand up to/for people, she wants a man and Austin's not grown up yet.

I could go on and on about this but I'll stop there.

WOW .. You said it all.  GREAT.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Once again women pile on the women.  Why are the women hating Ashley when it was Thogm-Ass who brouht her?  Ashley  didn't come by herself, it's because of Thom Thumb that she's even there and I didn't see any of these women go up to Thomas and say, "why did you bring this loon?"  Thomas is attracted to screwed up women; Kathryn was trying to find herself when they hooked up and Ashley is nutso, so she fit right into Thomas' life. 

I also don't think Jennifer or Naomie or any of those women really like Kathryn, but since Cameron isn't filming that much anymore, Kathryn's the leading female of the show and if you want camera time, then you better film with her.  The truth is Kathryn needs the show and the show needs her.  I think Kathryn should get off reality TV, stop making goo goo eyes at Thomas and concentrate on getting full custody of those kids.  I mean IMO, I think Kathryn got pregnant by Thomas twice because she thought the man was going to marry her.  I could have told her that shit was NOT going to happen.  Thomas loves only one person and that is himself, which is why I think he loves his kids because they are part of HIM.  It's all about Thomas, and I wish Kathryn would wake up and realize he isn't worth it. 

I don't know why.  Ashley is getting the treatment she deserves, based on what has been shown, because she has acted horribly.  Thomas gets no pass from me but I don't know what is in those other women's heads.  I think they all know he is an asshole and they got to see more of that in this episode.  No normal person enters a group of friends talking shit about the mother of the kids of her bf, bosses around their host, calls the people enablers because they are sticking up for their friend (what exactly were they enabling?), bitches about food not being ready, and is an aggressive badger.  She has earned all this.  Kathryn was a young person when she hooked her wagon to TRav and being around that age group constantly, it doesn't surprise me her picker was not fine tuned.  What is Ashley's excuse as a 30 something woman?  

• Love 22
57 minutes ago, TeeMo said:

I came here to post something just like this. That was my biggest takeaway of the night. Shep is a drunken mess with some serious issues but I can’t recall him really speaking poorly of anyone in the past. His reactions to Ashley were signal enough that he did not like her but when he sat down and said “ I HATE her,” I thought, shoot, whatever crazy editing might go on here Ashley must be as much of a nightmare as she seems. Or maybe even worse. 

Yes but Shep is like Switzerland - he wont take a stand even in the face of pure evil. Switzerland bragged/brags about being neutral and it's nothing to brag about when you decide NOT to stand up to fucking Nazis. That? Is nothing to be proud of. Shep never speaking ill of people is also nothing to be proud of because he talks shit behind people's backs plenty. Hello, Craig? Also, he might tell the ladies he hates ASSley, but he should have given them both the cold shoulder OR told them exactly why their combined behavior was wholly unacceptable, and then walked away shunning them. Instead he sort of acted like he was consoling them and even when bitch face demanded he bring her something, instead of telling her to fuck off and get it herself, he did it anyway. Shep misconstrues his lack of backbone for manners. He is full of shit.

Interesting twat from Patricia:

Patricia Altschul‏Verified account @Pataltschul 9h9 hours ago

Patricia Altschul Retweeted Homeless Causes and Stand Up Against Bullies

And people wonder if we are still their allies......we blocked #AshleyJacobs and #ThomasRavenel from all social media and from our lives.

• Love 6
(edited)
23 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I don't know the law either, but I would imagine that if she does indeed keep her nose clean (literally and figuratively), stays off of the crazy train, she should get at least equal custody.  Now depending on what happens to her baby daddy, she may end up with sole custody, at least temporarily.  It would be beyond sweet to see Thomas have to be supervised for visitation.

irony burning truck.jpg

23 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

irony burning truck.jpg

Yes, but he knows so many judges and influential people treat I don't know if Katherine would get a fair shake, and then there's TRavs Father who knows people in high places.  (Damn I. Pad) mistakes.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Kathryn was a young person when she hooked her wagon to TRav and being around that age group constantly, it doesn't surprise me her picker was not fine tuned.  What is Ashley's excuse as a 30 something woman?  

Being young is not an excuse OMG.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I suspect these women saw right through Ashley the first moment they met her and/or she gave them reason to dislike her from the get go.  She probably couldn't contain the crazy from the minute she was on screen.  Hell, I couldn't stand her the very first episode when she was playing nice.

This. When Kathryn - Kathryn, of all people!!! - makes a very reasonable request that the topic of HER son’s birthday party is not a conversation for dinner, and Ashley kept on pushing her...well.

I would have been more surprised, and disappointed, if no one stood up for Kathryn during that moment. Kathryn offered the easy way out and the high road - “Let’s not talk about this now...” But Ashley hit her where it hurts the most. She didn’t heed Kathryn’s plea to her and instead sucker punched her.

On that note, I was disappointed no one forcefully stood up for Chelsea. I’m most disappointed in Shep, considering they’ve been friends the longest among the group. Let’s be real here, Thomas sees people who aren’t on his “level” as second class citizens, so Austen’s meek pleas for peace was nothing to him. He’s blue-collar as far as Thomas is concerned. Shep would have had more pull in telling Thomas to shut up because he sees Shep as an equal.

• Love 14
6 hours ago, Former Nun said:

This comment is on Page 1.  I quoted it only because when I gave it a "like," I was No. 70.  SEVENTY!  Great comments, Sai.  We stick up for our friends; we stick up for the underdog.  Some of the things Ashley said are probably grounds for a lawsuit.

I feel so honored!  I'm a simple woman.  Little things like this make me happy.  Lol!

• Love 16
37 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Once again women pile on the women.  Why are the women hating Ashley when it was Thom-Ass who brought her?  Ashley  didn't come by herself, it's because of Thom Thumb that she's even there and I didn't see any of these women go up to Thomas and say, "why did you bring this loon?"  Thomas is attracted to screwed up women; Kathryn was trying to find herself when they hooked up and Ashley is nutso, so she fit right into Thomas' life. 

I agree with the point about Thomas at least. The cast has always ignored or joked about his vile, abhorrent, occasionally frightening behavior, and instead aims their barbs mainly at the women in his orbit (Kathryn, Landon, Ashley). The men are even worse IMO because they usually explicitly condone his hideous bullshit, and get digs in on the women too. I think it’s just layers upon layers of conditioned sexism, and it’s not a good look. 

I wonder what this reunion will be like. Have they filmed it yet? Are they even having one? 

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Why the OMG?  It is said brains are not fully developed until one is 25.  Without life experience people do things that a fully experienced adult does not.  She did stupid shit as a 21 year old like most of the 18-22 year old's I see nightly at my job.  Were there consequences?  Yes and she is dealing with the fallout.  But to think a 21 year old is as mature as a 30 year old is silly.  It just isn't so for most people.  I would like to think we aren't always judged by what we did as a younger person.  She was young, drank too much, did too many drugs, and dated an inappropriate person who has a mile long mean streak and clearly think he is above women.  What is Ashley's excuse?  She doesn't have youthful naivete to cling to.

How about she just might be a damaged person?

Thomas' type apparently. ...

Because I'm sure that there have been PLENTY of 20 something women who have turned him down. 

Age has nothing to do with bad choices.  

Kathryn has never been an "innocent".  I still think even without drugs and Thomas she is still selfish and narcissistic. 

I can still feel sympathy for her.  And Ashley.  And still not like either one of them.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, katespencer1 said:

I recently re-watched season 1 and have never been a huge Katherine fan, but seeing how far she has come from that girl and the effort she is now making is positive. 

Seeing Ashley trying to latch on to Thomas by spouting things she has no business saying and doesn't actually know anything about is disgusting. I had to stop watching. She can support Thomas without resorting to that. She's been in those kids' lives a year and knows nothing about the custody arrangement. 

I don't think anyone is calling Katherine a saint but Ashley doesn't even have common decency.  Those women were pleasant to her on the trip. Katherine had a pleasant lunch with her, But one birthday party Katherine thought would be awkward (after she declined a Halloween invite as too soon) and Ashley went off the rails.

I think Kathryn can do whatever she feels is good for her. And if she doesn't want Ashley there, im fine with that.  

I just don't buy the it would be "uncomfortable" I mean it might be but I just think it's all storyline.  As we see next week, it's filmed. So not some private little party. Kathryn has been around Thomas and Ashley many times, even went away for a mini vacation  (wtf) with T&A.  Signed on to do a whole season with Thomas and his new girlfriend. Talk about uncomfortable , but she still did it. The children have been around Ashley. So she's not new to them.  

Ashley and Kathryn were pleasant enough to each other till Ashley was not given an invite to the party. Then she lost her mind. I guess I just dont think it's about being uncomfortable and more about having the upper hand (shrugs ).

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

And from what I've read, she's in many ways persona non grata in DC - something to do with "approriating" one of her husband's family's heirlooms and refusing to return them.  Oh, and claiming his kinship with Robert E. Lee as her own.  I find her very off-putting. 

You know who else has done that? STAM--Sonja Tremont (Adams) Morgan of RHoNY. Sonja was golddigger who was intent on hooking herself a whale and is a 2-bit chiseler. And when you find yourself doing the same things as Sonja, you're probably on the wrong side of the etiquette line.

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, dosodog said:

How about she just might be a damaged person?

Thomas' type apparently. ...

Because I'm sure that there have been PLENTY of 20 something women who have turned him down. 

Age has nothing to do with bad choices.  

Kathryn has never been an "innocent".  I still think even without drugs and Thomas she is still selfish and narcissistic. 

I can still feel sympathy for her.  And Ashley.  And still not like either one of them.

Thank you for this.   The truth is that Katheryn's daughter could wind up just like Ashley; mental illness can happen to anyone. 

And I meant to say IMO and not OMG.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, gingerella said:

Yes but Shep is like Switzerland - he wont take a stand even in the face of pure evil. Switzerland bragged/brags about being neutral and it's nothing to brag about when you decide NOT to stand up to fucking Nazis. That? Is nothing to be proud of. Shep never speaking ill of people is also nothing to be proud of because he talks shit behind people's backs plenty. Hello, Craig? Also, he might tell the ladies he hates ASSley, but he should have given them both the cold shoulder OR told them exactly why their combined behavior was wholly unacceptable, and then walked away shunning them. Instead he sort of acted like he was consoling them and even when bitch face demanded he bring her something, instead of telling her to fuck off and get it herself, he did it anyway. Shep misconstrues his lack of backbone for manners. He is full of shit.

Interesting twat from Patricia:

The tweet from Patricia.  Is it true that her and Whitney are through with TRav & Ashley?

• Love 3
Just now, Neurochick said:

Thank you for this.   The truth is that Katheryn's daughter could wind up just like Ashley; mental illness can happen to anyone. 

And I meant to say IMO and not OMG.

Thanks!

Yes she could end up just like her and I hope she has a strong  support system.

• Love 1

The thing about Shep and Craig not taking a stand doesn't mean they have no back bone, I think it means they're smart.  I mean this isn't a war we're fighting, it's a silly argument between people.  People are messy.  They'll be besties one day and enemies the next.  Why take any stand?

Am I crazy or did Jennifer (I think it was her) get upset when Kathryn didn't care about what happened to Jennifer's baby?  Now she and Katheryn are friends. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, MatildaMoody said:

But, I truly think this is Thomas trying to manipulate two women.

Do we honestly think he is smart enough, even stone-cold sober, to run this scam?

2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Ashley  didn't come by herself, it's because of Thom Thumb that she's even there and I didn't see any of these women go up to Thomas and say, "why did you bring this loon?"  Thomas is attracted to screwed up women; Kathryn was trying to find herself when they hooked up and Ashley is nutso, so she fit right into Thomas' life. 

She didn’t come by herself, but she started the confrontation all by herself.  As I recall, Dani did go to Thomas and ask him to intervene, but he knew he would have to deal with the fallout if he did.  Ashley would have made his life a living hell.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

Yes, but he knows so many judges and influential people treat I don't know if Katherine would get a fair shake, and then there's TRavs Father who knows people in high places.  (Damn I. Pad) mistakes.

I get what you're saying.  It happens a lot.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, slowpoked said:

Thomas sees people who aren’t on his “level” as second class citizens,

This!   Thomas will be lording it over all of his fellow guests at The Greybar Hotel ... and not soon enough.

• Love 2

i wish katherine would fix her hair, to go with her new grown up self.   if patricia would take her under her wing...  she'd be unstoppable.  

she's only 25 with 2 little kids.. thomas is probably the same age (or older) as her dad.  i hope that ashley is acting, because she is truly vile.  

• Love 6