Type keyword(s) to search

Season 3 Discussion

• Start Topic

Luis won’t have the $$ to hire a decent divorce lawyer, but Molly will. I doubt he gets much.

10 minutes ago, RichiesOlderBro said:

I think Molly targeted Luis.  Molly was desperate for a husband.  Two children by two different fathers, neither of which would marry her.  I think Luis was just looking for a good time. 

Maybe she didn’t want to marry the fathers of her kids? Who knows.

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, Mothra said:

Someone who investigated this posted that she would not be responsible for his credit card debt, but Mohammed's lawyer told him he would be responsible for Danielle's credit card debt.  Does it work in one direction but not the other? 

That's because they were still married.  when you are legally married, not legally separated or legally divorced, marital debts are joint in most States.

The question I answered was after divorce.  After divorce, or after legal separation, you are no longer responsible for the debts of your spouse. The exception being if you have sponsored an immigrant and they use Public Assistance, the government can go after you even though you are divorced and ask you to repay the public assistance.

Edited by NoSpam
Google Voice doesn't understand my accent
  • Love 4

Do we have any idea where Chantal's parents are from? I wonder why they both have such a strange way of speaking. I also wonder if that is what attracted them to each other, or if they started sounding like each other after being married for so long. It would be cool to hear a speech therapist explain why they sound so odd when they talk. I've never really heard anything like it before, and can't put my finger on exactly why they sound so strange.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, NoSpam said:

That's because they were still married.  when you are legally married, not legally separated or legally divorced, marital debts are joint in most States.

The question I answered was after divorce.  After divorce, or after legal separation, you are no longer responsible for the debts of your spouse. The exception being if you have sponsored an immigrant and they use Public Assistance, the government can go after you even though you are divorced and ask you to repay the public assistance.

Got it--thanks.  Sounds like Molly better get her stupid American ass back to the divorce lawyer pronto.  I was a little confused by the immigration lawyer--that was the woman she saw latest, was it not?--because it sounded like misleading Molly with his intent in marrying her would be relevant to her divorce action.  I guess the two--divorce and deportation, if she's able to manage that--are entwined.

• Love 1
(edited)
12 minutes ago, ChristmasJones said:

Do we have any idea where Chantal's parents are from? I wonder why they both have such a strange way of speaking. I also wonder if that is what attracted them to each other, or if they started sounding like each other after being married for so long. It would be cool to hear a speech therapist explain why they sound so odd when they talk. I've never really heard anything like it before, and can't put my finger on exactly why they sound so strange.

I say this as a hillbilly myself, so I don't mean any judgement. But they sound like they're from Kentucky Appalachia to me, and they speak in that slow, measured way because they're trying to amelliorate the accent.

I'm from Northern Appalachia and I do that same thing. .

Edited by NoSpam
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, ChristmasJones said:

Do you mean Chantel's parents?  Hmm....I don't find anything unusual about their speech or accent. They sound educated and professional, imo.  Her mom is making a joke when she says the word "stupidier," but, I think that's on purpose and to make a point.   Molly and her family definitely have  strong accents. Those, I hear quite well.  Here's a link for Chantel's parent's talking. See marker point around 5. 

https://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/90-day-fiance-happily-ever-after/full-episodes/there-is-something-they-dont-know

• Love 1

I think Family Chantel speak in that slow, measured way because they are trying to remember their lines. They are the worst actors on the show. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Quof said:

I think Family Chantel speak in that slow, measured way because they are trying to remember their lines. They are the worst actors on the show. 

Oh my gosh I just laughed out loud!!!  Thank you!

• Love 1

What I have never understood is, if you are going to buy a mail order husband, why not get someone pretty to look at. Pedro and Chantel are cute together so I get it. What I don’t get is why Molly would pick Luis. I can’t even imagine him being charming. I was happy to hear Molly say she didn’t put anything in Luis’ name, he didn’t have access to her accounts and she didn’t buy him any large items, I.e., a car. That’s the only smart thing she has done. 

I think Chantel has likely always had pressure on her to be the perfect specimen of a child. She was her parents ideal, pretty, thin and smart. Her parents were likely always on her to live their dream and it was probably a lot of pressure. She probably saw Pedro as someone who would stand up for her but has never recognized she she would need to stand up to her parents on behalf of Pedro. She had probably always buckled and given in to whatever they wanted and loses all confidence in th it presence. 

I think most, if not all of PAO’s photo shoots are fake. If she Was getting so much work, we would be reading about the model who starts on 90 Day Fiancée. Instead, we have to take hgo r word for it that she is actually getting model jobs. Honestly, I can’t see her getting any model job higher than wearing a bikini pointing to cars on display at car shows at your local park. There are a million spicy, sexy Latinas who could be succesful models, Pao is not one of them.

• Love 6
(edited)
18 hours ago, MakingBacon said:

What I don’t get is why Molly would pick Luis. I can’t even imagine him being charming.

Maybe because he was the first person to tell her he wanted to marry her within minutes of meeting her? As a bartender, it was probably his standard "pick up line" to ensure good tips from drunken American women and he never imagined anyone would be foolish enough to take him seriously. When he realized he had a live one on the hook he ramped up the flattery. 

edited to add: I'm sure he figured he was going to get laid that night but probably didn't know he'd wind up engaged! 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 13
20 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Maybe because he was the first person to tell her he wanted to marry her within minutes of meeting her? As a bartender, it was probably his standard "pick up line" to ensure good tips from drunken American women and he never imagined anyone would be foolish enough to take him seriously. When he realized he had a live one on the hook he ramped up the flattery. 

I've wanted to marry a bartender or two solely because they could make a good drink, lol.   I wonder if Molly had gone to what ever resort Luis was working at with a friend and that would have rolled her eyes with that line from Luis and hoped Molly would not have bought in to it. I guess that friend would have spent the rest of the trip trying to explain to Molly that it was just a line.

• Love 3

"Who invites your PARENTS to a modeling shoot where you are nude with paint on you?  WHO DOES THAT?"

The person whose parents think that modeling in paint is ART!  The person whose parents encouraged her to defy her husband and pose in lingerie because it is HER JOB.  Because, obviously, we ALL do Things Our Spouses Do Not Approve Of When We Are Getting Paid, right?  Right?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Quof said:

The show's best actor/actress award goes to........ sister of Pedro!  She's gooooooooood.  Hard core....... won't back down!  

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I wonder if Molly had gone to what ever resort Luis was working at with a friend and that would have rolled her eyes with that line from Luis and hoped Molly would not have bought in to it. I guess that friend would have spent the rest of the trip trying to explain to Molly that it was just a line.

Not if it was her ditzy best friend and business partner who insists that Molly deserves happiness! She’d probably be egging her on

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 1

Okay.  On fourth listen to family Chantel talking to the private investigator, I am convinced this is all fake, too.  By fake I mean scripted.  I don't think Pedro and Chantel are in on it, but her horrible family is definitely *acting*.

7 hours ago, NoSpam said:
10 hours ago, Mothra said:

Someone who investigated this posted that she would not be responsible for his credit card debt, but Mohammed's lawyer told him he would be responsible for Danielle's credit card debt.  Does it work in one direction but not the other? 

It's also possible that he was added to the account(s). Once he was added, they became joint debts, even if she'd run up $1,000,000 and then he only ever charged chewing gum one time. In the divorce decree, the debt can be apportioned, but the assumption is that both individuals are responsible.

• Love 1
(edited)

Rewatching today and I can't decide whose question was more stupider, when David asked Annie if she had fun at the zoo or when Father Chantel asked Pedro if he had a good time on the cabin trip. 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

Russell and Pabola-I am starting to lose interest in their storyline 

Annie and David-Good for Nancy not to give David money and I had to laugh when David said he felt confident that he would find a job soon but Annie made that face and that dinner conversation is embarrassing 

Molly and Luis-Boring!

Nicole and Hassam-Nicole should have let her mom ask the hard questions to get this shit over with! 

Chantel and Pedro-I started laughing when Chantel’s mom said she is going to cook a very special dinner for Nicole and Chantel is such an idiot for telling her family what happened and inviting Pedro and Nicole to a family dinner is going to create another big mess and does River ever shut up?

Jorge and Anfisa-It is pathetic that Jorge thinks money will fix their relationship 

Edited by DVDFreaker
  • Love 19
5 minutes ago, Miss Chevious said:

What’s Mother Chantel going to cook for her special dinner? I’m guessing chicken feet.

Chantel is a pot stirrer. Doesn’t she think that running her clenched mouth to her family, spouting off about what’s going on in her household with Pedro and his sister is just going to incense them even more? Naturally Mother Chantel wants to get “to the bottom of things”. I laughed when she started taking off her rings, she reminded me of Prissy (the old hen in the Looney Tunes cartoons) spoiling for a fight. 

I wondered why all the jewelry was coming off. Some sort of voodoo or other sort of thing they like to do?

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

I wondered why all the jewelry was coming off. Some sort of voodoo or other sort of thing they like to do?

She’s afraid Pedro is going to steal all her valuable jewels no doubt. 

59 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Good for David's sister Nancy for not enabling him by letting him 'borrow' $1000. She knows she won't see it back. What sort of job is he looking for? If he allegedly taught ESL in Thailand, he could maybe get a contract as an ESL teacher at one of the colleges or community centres that help out new immigrants. He could get a job at a grocery store, a warehouse, pouring coffee, pretty much anything! It may not be what he wants, but it is money and it will help out in terms of paying the rent and buying food. Did laugh at him asking what the price of shrimp was at the Asian supermarket.  Annie, if you want a child, it won't happen with Mr. Penguin. Don't expect a dowry. You are best off 'dating' someone and finding someone a bit younger and who is able to be who you want. Your husband is using you to boost his self-esteem and that is about it. He has shown you time and time and time again that he will not deliver on his promises. You may eventually have a civil relationship with your step-daughter Ashley, but you both have to work at it. Ashley probably learned a few things about her dad.

Pao, it continues to be all about *you*.  Usually you learn about blood types in high school biology class - I learned I was A-. Methinks you are not exactly being honest about things in your past.

How is Nicole going to manage in Moroccan society? Will she need to upgrade her attire to fit in? Has she even asked what is required of her to live in Morocco? What the customs are? Azan's family seemed to look at her as the prize pig. Maybe she has enough money for all of them. In defense of Azan, he certainly treats May very well.

Molly, you made a mistake and it will cost you. And hopefully learned a life lesson.

Jorge apparently has a 10 year old child? That would be when he was in high school. He certainly did not do well therapy-wise. Money will solve the problems. No, it will just cover them up. Money will satiate his wife and she will have the things that she wants. Jorge is not mature enough. If he does have a child, Anfisa can walk away or deal with it.

Family Chantel? The whole it's going to get even stupider than stupid should be interesting to watch. Parents Chantel, find yourself lives, go on cruises, do whatever. Butt out of your adult daughter's marriage and problems. Your other daughter is grateful that it's all Chantel and Pedro all the time.

I have the feeling Annie doesn’t really know what all,is involved in getting a vasectomy reversed.  

• Love 13
On 6/30/2018 at 2:12 PM, DangerousMinds said:

Luis won’t have the $$ to hire a decent divorce lawyer, but Molly will. I doubt he gets much.

Maybe she didn’t want to marry the fathers of her kids? Who knows.

Molly was desperate to marry anyone.

• Love 6

Annie's dream slips further away; Azan comes clean about why his visa was denied; Molly tries to rebuild her life; Pao faces the hardest part of visiting her family; Jorge's past comes back to haunt Anfisa; Chantel's family pushes Pedro too far.

Azan only ever gives Nicole fleeting eye contact, but I was surprised that he was actually trying. Next week I’m getting out the pop corn and drinking some Presecco for final showdown. I can’t look away and I love it!

• Love 18

If you want to discuss tonight's episode, the thread is here:

*In the future if you want to discuss an episode and a thread hasn't been created yet, anyone can create one. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, DVDFreaker said:

Jorge and Anfisa-It is pathetic that Jorge thinks money will fix their relationship 

Why?  Anfisa told Jorge she married him for money. So of course he believes money will solve their issues. 

• Love 22

On Chantel-It is a mistake to discuss her marital issues with her family. She needs to vent, but it will affect her family’s view of Pedro. However, I believe this storyline is fake. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

How is Nicole going to manage in Moroccan society? Will she need to upgrade her attire to fit in? Has she even asked what is required of her to live in Morocco? What the customs are? Azan's family seemed to look at her as the prize pig. Maybe she has enough money for all of them. In defense of Azan, he certainly treats May very well.

I think Azan’s family is just excited he will have a wife. Sounds like his family is very poor and maybe he couldn't find a local girl to marry him. 

I think Morocco will be good for Nicole, it may force her to grow up and be responsible.  

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, iwasish said:

He’s still lying about why his K1 was denied. 

Someone mentioned how nice he is May. I think he carries her and pays attention to her to avoid holding hands with Nicole or having conversations with her.

He nearly passed out when she mentioned “ the wedding night” no way is he anxious to marry her.

She can't possibly be having good sex with him right? He barely can stand touching her. So why the preoccupation with the wedding night? 

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, RichiesOlderBro said:

She’s afraid Pedro is going to steal all her valuable jewels no doubt. 

I have the feeling Annie doesn’t really know what all,is involved in getting a vasectomy reversed.  

My first thought about Mother Chantel removing her "jewels" was she was going to get physical, like when weird guys (looking at you Jax) take their shirts off b4 a fight.

I love this show. I know conventional wisdom spouts scripted tv, but man-o-man, doesn't seem like any acting going on to me. Whats left of my brain, while I am watching this, cannot for the life of me understand why these negalebreties would think being portrayed like this, is a good thing. 

I can't even comment on any of them because they are ALL so ________________.

Edited by itsadryheat
typo
  • Love 8

Mother Nicole blathering on and on saying she 'has to ask the difficult questions before she can give them her blessing...' WHATCHYOUTALKINBOUTWILLIS?!?!?!?!? Mother Nicole, NEWSFLASH!!! Your lazy, toadie spawn cares not if you give her any of your sacred blessings. GAh, is this lady for real? No wonder Nicole is the way she is - apple, fall, tree, two of a kind.

• Love 18

I've been trying to think of who Jorge reminds me of, and I think I got it. He's  the "adult" (by his age only!), stoned version of Chunk from The Goonies. That therapist looked liked he was ready to implode from Jorge's lack of insight. I get that he thinks Anfisa would be happier if he made more money, but he seems oblivious to the deeper issues.

• Love 17

I do believe my suspicions were right about Pao and her blood type. Mi understand her crying if she wanted the pregnancy but why would feel quilt about a rare blood type? Like I mentioned you need to have the injection immediately after first pregnacy/ abortion/ miscarriage. I think she has one in her past and now each pregnacy there can be difficulty. 

I tirned it off after the crying to the girlfriend. 

David & Annie - Wow. Fascinating developments with their story. David asks his sister to come to Kentucky for a visit, but can’t host her so she rents a house on Airbnb. He hasn’t seen her in four years, but asks her for $1000 after already tapping another sister and his 80 year old father?? Lordy. Annie needs to understand that David’s family aren’t really attacking her, they’re attacking deadbeat David who has swindled his 24 year old bride with false promises of support for her parents and children. Annie has no idea how much a vasectomy reversal will be. If she did, she would be on the next plane back to the sex club. Speaking of - Annie seems to know a lot of details about Thai sex clubs for someone who has no idea where they are. And why is she discussing her husband’s sex fetish predlictions with his daughter? I mean, common sense, girl!

Molly and Luis. Molly was so stupid to marry Luis and she is going to pay the price. My best friend’s mom married an Argentinian, divorced him a few years later, and was financially ruined after supporting him and paying his debts. She had to sell my friend’s childhood home and she now lives in a two bedroom apt with 3 other people and sleeps in the living room.

Chantal is so immature. She was so scared of her family that she hid her relationship with Pedro which started everything off on the wrong foot. Then she keeps involving her family in their marriage. Family Chantal harped on the petty shit - mother marriage ring, chicken feet, gifts sent to the DR - so now Pedro has tuned them out and they have no impact. Chantal should keep her family away from Pedro for the foreseeable future if she wants any chance of making it work.

Azan’s family seems really nice. I can’t wait to see what happens when they see Nicole’s wedding dress. I wish we could see Nicole trying to acculturate to her new home. Is she going to take language lessons? Learn more about the culture? Nicole’s mom was asking tough, but fair questions. Nicole and Azan failed. Lol

• Love 20
(edited)

I was hoping David's sister would look just like him and my dreams came true lol...and thank god she said no to him! It's like everyone's been giving him money his whole life, why is he considered so helpless?   I've never seen more of a loser on this show and you know that's saying something.

Jorge, you could have all the money in the world and it wouldn't put a dent in your issues.

(I wish this thread had been up during the show I was dying to post.)

Edited by noveltylibrary
  • Love 15