Type keyword(s) to search

Season 3 Discussion

• Start Topic

I know Chantel's family drives everyone crazy but I love them!!  Questioning if a brother and sister staying in a hotel together is another "cultural" thing LOL   And I can't wait for it to about to get more stupider!

• LOL 1
  • Love 17

Nancy lives in Philadelphia. I need to find her, buy her some drinks, and find out exactly what happened with David. He made it sound like he had some super important Human Resources job before his marriage ended and everything got screwed up. But Nancy implied that David has been broke and mooching off everyone for years. We know Chris gave him thousands of dollars, and now we find out he mooched off his other sister and their father as well. I wonder how much back child support he owes, and how much his ex-wife appreciates seeing him buy water buffalo for his new girlfriend's parents. 

Annie doesn't listen and doesn't pay attention. She wants a baby, doesn't care what it takes to get it or pay for it, and hasn't thought at all about how they will survive. She's in for a rude awakening when David gets a job for $8 an hour.

• Love 23
5 hours ago, Real Eyes said:

On Chantel-It is a mistake to discuss her marital issues with her family. She needs to vent, but it will affect her family’s view of Pedro. However, I believe this storyline is fake. 

Definitely, it will end up like Pao and her friend Juan. Pao was probably venting to Juan (since she didn't  want to tell anything negative to her family) about everything and anything Russ did or didn't do so he now sees Russ in extremely negative light. Chantel is creating the same situation.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

Nancy lives in Philadelphia. I need to find her, buy her some drinks,

I can meet you in the city for that! Let's take her to the Ritz, she deserves it. 

My thinking is that this money with David has been a life long pattern, living beyond his means, shirking family responsibilities, etc...that is why everyone in his life gave him money, it's probably been like that forever.  I do like that his sister said no to lending him money, I think if David had a job anywhere she would have said she could help him out a bit but since he is not willing to take the Starbucks or McDonalds type jobs why should he be getting a hand out?

Sister Pedro spending 2 weeks on my couch would be way too long even if she and Chantal were buddy, buddy.  That is a lot to ask of anyone's hospitality.  What do they say about house guests and cheese, they both start to stink after 3 days, lol.

• Love 13
55 minutes ago, noveltylibrary said:

I know Chantel's family drives everyone crazy but I love them!!  Questioning if a brother and sister staying in a hotel together is another "cultural" thing LOL   And I can't wait for it to about to get more stupider!

You know River was pissed that he didn't think to suggest Chantel stay in a hotel with him. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 21

Nicole’s Mom trying to ask reasonable questions and predictably, Nicole tries to shut it down. Nicole can’t comprehend what it be like to live in Morocco for a year or more while waiting for visa approval. She hasn’t thought about Plan B should it be denied. Right now she can’t think past the wedding night. 

If Jorge truly has a 10 year old daughter, he would’ve been like 17 when he became a father. That would be another good reason for Anfisa to dump his sorry ass and never look back.

Annie has no idea about vasectomy reversals. She needs to be aware there’s a chance it won’t work. Plus has David told her what it costs? Money he’ll never have. That dinner with Ashley discussing Thai sex clubs was eww, just eww. It would be enough to make me lose my appetite if I were Ashley.

No way Pao is ever going to have a baby. She’s too focused on her cah-reeer right now.

Mother Chantel is spoiling for a fight. She’s ready for a smack down! 

Molly, just face it you screwed up. Time to realize the full extent of your folly in bringing home the bartender like he was the souvenir little umbrella from your Mai-tai. 

• Love 20
(edited)
5 hours ago, RedBagWithMakeup said:

I get that he thinks Anfisa would be happier if he made more money, but he seems oblivious to the deeper issues.

Anfisa would not give a rat's ass about anything else if Jorge had money. He is right about that. It's all she wants. He lied about his wealth and she can't get over it. The deal was that he would shower her with cash and she would give him sex. Time to move on, Anfisa, while you still have your looks. 

Mother Chantal taking off all her Claire's jewels as if she's getting ready to go beat Sister Pedro to a pulp! I guess that's what "getting stupider" is all about. This family is too much. Speaking of sister Pedro, are we really supposed to believe her name is Nicole? C'mon now. 

Poor Annie. She is a disgrace to her family. She was supposed to hitch herself to an American so her family could all have the good life! Instead she's with this loser. There will be no baby. David is not going to get his vasectomy reversed. Annie doesn't know how lucky she is! 

I think Azan is a piece of crap for not getting a job. There is no excuse for that. What has he been doing while Nicole was in the US? Oh, that's right, he's been busy telling other girls he wants to kisssss them. I don't understand why his family is so crazy about Nicole. Thank god he's nice to May. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 14

IMO all these couples should get divorced, they all seem so miserable. And Molly, don’t have a change of heart and take that stoner/loser back. Nicole...just stop, get on a plane with your child and go home. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, RichiesOlderBro said:

I have the feeling Annie doesn’t really know what all,is involved in getting a vasectomy reversed.  

I have no sympathy for her.  She's an idiot for hanging on this lead balloon for so long.

• Love 13
26 minutes ago, noveltylibrary said:

Totally with you, stick a fork in them already.

Pao is a manipulative, self centered shrew who uses any and everything and person to her advantage, but we already know that.    I can only imagine the life she and that little shit Juan led before Pao met that clueless hayseed Russ, AKA Ross.  Gawd, he's dense.  Sick of all of them.

• Love 19

Wowowoow looooove THIS show!!! Well my two cents about this episode: 

David is a peace of shit. He doesn’t want a job he promises and promises things that will never ever happen! He knows that he will never have children ever again but he is lying to her. And making her believe that. I think that he always has been like this. I can imagine him selling a pyramid scheme or other scam things and making quite good money out of that. Until it blows up in his face. Then it is pooooooor me I don’t have money. And her not  being a hoocker well Annie no that is just no we all know it! 

And the pre view for the next show they tell that Azan can’t get married ? Lol what a joy!!!! It is horrible to see how he really finds her so not attractive! 

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Mother Chantal taking off all her Claire's jewels as if she's getting ready to go beat Sister Pedro to a pulp! I guess that's what "getting stupider" is all about. This family is too much. Speaking of sister Pedro, are we really supposed to believe her name is Nicole? C'mon now. 

I think Azan is a piece of crap for not getting a job. There is no excuse for that. What has he been doing while Nicole was in the US? Oh, that's right, seeing other girls! I don't understand why his family is so crazy about Nicole. 

No need to take off any jewelry; all bug eyed Sister Pedro need to do is stand up to the Madd Hatter.  Ol girl ain't going to do shit; she's just posturing for he camera.

Azan is a pile of dung with flies buzzing around.  He's just trying to get some foreigner, any foreigner to marry him so he can leave Morocco; gender is not a disqualifier either.  Homie definitely has some sugar in his tank.  The family is crazy about Nicole because she's May's mother, mostly.  The thought of having a potential pipeline to America has to be appealing as well.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Kellyee said:

Nancy lives in Philadelphia. I need to find her, buy her some drinks, and find out exactly what happened with David. He made it sound like he had some super important Human Resources job before his marriage ended and everything got screwed up. But Nancy implied that David has been broke and mooching off everyone for years. We know Chris gave him thousands of dollars, and now we find out he mooched off his other sister and their father as well. I wonder how much back child support he owes, and how much his ex-wife appreciates seeing him buy water buffalo for his new girlfriend's parents. 

Annie doesn't listen and doesn't pay attention. She wants a baby, doesn't care what it takes to get it or pay for it, and hasn't thought at all about how they will survive. She's in for a rude awakening when David gets a job for $8 an hour.

Please bring me to this meet up!

• Love 6

The Americans featured this season are no prizes but do ANY of the fiancees come to the country with any credit or savings? They are delusion to think that their chosen spouses can support them in a glamorous lifestyle.  Roos is the only man with a job and he and Pao live in a dinky apartment with cheap furniture and they have the best standard of living for all of the female imports   

• Love 9
7 hours ago, millennium said:

I wish this show had credits for the cast so that I could see whether David's sister was played by David.

7 hours ago, DaisyDuke said:

I think we can all agree that David’s sister is David in a wig. I’m convinced...and scared...it’s like those movies where one actor plays the whole family...yikes. 

Hahahahahabawwahaha RIGHT??

if the off topic chat forum in this show’s thread isn’t renamed “The **** **** Bar” immediately its a travesty haha 

Mother Chantel is a low class HOG. Nicole is a kid in a different country w no English. Bratty behavior maybe but as an adult you solve things thru the high road and strategic mature boundaries to solve your problem not a common street fight. With a child. 

• Love 8
8 hours ago, RichiesOlderBro said:

She’s afraid Pedro is going to steal all her valuable jewels no doubt. 

I have the feeling Annie doesn’t really know what all,is involved in getting a vasectomy reversed.  

If she was not bright enough to not marry David she is not bright enough to know the details of getting a vasectomy reversed.  She is ignorant to the costs and the low rate of success let alone the toll it could take on Bahtman.  

• Love 9
(edited)
57 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Hahahahahabawwahaha RIGHT??

if the off topic chat forum in this show’s thread isn’t renamed “The **** **** Bar” immediately its a travesty haha 

Mother Chantel is a low class HOG. Nicole is a kid in a different country w no English. Bratty behavior maybe but as an adult you solve things thru the high road and strategic mature boundaries to solve your problem not a common street fight. With a child. 

Mother Chantel isn't going to do a damn thing. She's the same as any reality show idiot who huffs and puffs and waits for security to come and break up a fight that was never going to happen.   And FYI, chicks that are about that fighting life don't take off the hoop earrings until they're in front of their opponent. It's the equivalent of the stare down before a boxing match.  It's part of the show. Nobody takes the rings off at the house. Dumb ass. 

On top of the fact that Nicole would whoop that ass. 

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 23
(edited)
9 hours ago, RichiesOlderBro said:

Totally.  I'm sure David told Annie that reversals were no big deal, once it's done it's baby making time! But... they just need the money for the procedure..................

How many think innocent Annie knows exactly what a "sex bar" is? 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, fountain said:

Winter and River need to focus on their own lives.  River is so outspoken about his sister’s marriage it is just too much.  Tons of people aren’t the biggest fan of their in-laws but they don’t spend time trying to get them to divorce they just make polite conversation at dinner and then snark about them on the car ride home ? Winter should focus on her own personal health instead of being involved in this family drama.

I liked David’s sister, she has got his number.  

Winter's weight was the favorite topic during family dinners before Pedro showed up.  What was her role at the Cheer camp??

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I wondered why all the jewelry was coming off. Some sort of voodoo or other sort of thing they like to do?

I took it that she didn't want to damage her jewelry when she hit Pedro or sister. 

10 hours ago, Miss Chevious said:

What’s Mother Chantel going to cook for her special dinner? I’m guessing chicken feet.

Chantel is a pot stirrer. Doesn’t she think that running her clenched mouth to her family, spouting off about what’s going on in her household with Pedro and his sister is just going to incense them even more? Naturally Mother Chantel wants to get “to the bottom of things”. I laughed when she started taking off her rings, she reminded me of Prissy (the old hen in the Looney Tunes cartoons) spoiling for a fight. 

I agree she should have unloaded on a friend rather than on her family who is looking for a fight. However, she had every right to be so frustrated that she went to the people she knew would agree with her , even tho it would only make things worse.  That "sister " Pedro is first class bitch, but more aggravated with Pedro for letting her run his own wife out of her house.  I thought it was pathetic of Chantel to apologize to pedro like she did. I would have been wringing his neck over what he just let happen to her. I do not feel pity for Chantel, she has said over and over again how he doesn't take her side. Get a clue!

• Love 8
8 hours ago, RichiesOlderBro said:

I think Azan’s family is just excited he will have a wife. Sounds like his family is very poor and maybe he couldn't find a local girl to marry him. 

I think Morocco will be good for Nicole, it may force her to grow up and be responsible.  

I think his family is so welcoming to her because she has been giving Azan money for over a year now and they expect she is another "rich American" who will provide for them too. I noticed Azan said he is the only male in his family, so maybe Nicole has been his way of "providing" for his family. 

He was all friendly to Nicole the first time she visited... for a while, then a lot of his true colors came out or else her true colors came out and he reacted to them. I don't get the feeling he likes May, it looks too creepy for me. I might be wrong. 

• Love 11
7 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

I do believe my suspicions were right about Pao and her blood type. Mi understand her crying if she wanted the pregnancy but why would feel quilt about a rare blood type? Like I mentioned you need to have the injection immediately after first pregnacy/ abortion/ miscarriage. I think she has one in her past and now each pregnacy there can be difficulty. 

I tirned it off after the crying to the girlfriend. 

I am still suspicious of the whole pregnancy thing. She claims her career is taking off. Why would she ruin her body right now with a pregnancy? I think she knows Russ is getting sick of her and thinks a child (who would be an American) will solidify her here more and she will be entitled to Russ taking care of her and the child for a looooong time. 

5 hours ago, millennium said:

David should ask Annie's parents for a handout.   Poor as they are, they have more money than David right now.  Not to mention they also own a water buffalo.

How is it that broke-ass David and Annie ate at more restaurants in this episode than I have visited in the past year?   How does he lay out $58.99 for a single home-made meal?

Because according to Annie the shrimp had to be bought in an Asian store because "Americans don't know how to cook."  Grrrr...

• Love 6

@seniorpatriot, I don't think Azan likes anyone in Nicole's family. The way he was maniacally petting May in front of Robbalee made me so uncomfortable. Was he showing off for grandma? Yet, as usual no affection towards Nicole. And that strange bird nest hair-do of Azan's. What was that? 

The "wedding night & every night after" (forever and ever and ever, amen) comment by Nicole was hilarious! 

I'm still watching the episode...

• Love 17
9 hours ago, spankydoll said:

She can't possibly be having good sex with him right? He barely can stand touching her. So why the preoccupation with the wedding night? 

Not now but once they’re married she’s gonna be all over him. 

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, Rt66vintage said:

@seniorpatriot, I don't think Azan likes anyone in Nicole's family. The way he was maniacally petting May in front of Robbalee made me so uncomfortable. Was he showing off for grandma? Yet, as usual no affection towards Nicole. And that strange bird nest hair-do of Azan's. What was that? 

The "wedding night & every night after" (forever and ever and ever, amen) comment by Nicole was hilarious! 

I'm still watching the episode...

Yea, I caught that too. Forever and ever? In your dreams girl! 

Just now, iwasish said:

I have noticed that this time Azan seems to let her touch him more in public than he did the last time. What gets me is he never agreed to marriage until he got caught with the recordings then he says "I loe you. We are going to be married."  Had to get himself off the hook. God, why do I put myself thru this misery every week??  

• Love 6

I also think that winter has had problems in her life before there is a reason she is that big. I thinks she loves that Chantel finally gets some negativ attention and that her parents now leave her alone. 

• Love 13
5 hours ago, millennium said:

David should ask Annie's parents for a handout.   Poor as they are, they have more money than David right now.  Not to mention they also own a water buffalo.

How is it that broke-ass David and Annie ate at more restaurants in this episode than I have visited in the past year?   How does he lay out $58.99 for a single home-made meal?

What was that meal anyway? It looked like fried chicken wings and some kind of stir fried vegetables. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, SuzyLee said:

What can I say about Pao?  How dare she say that Russ doesn’t have the “kindness or tenderness” to understand her situation?  Russ may not be the most passionate husband, but he certainly seems like a kind person, at least to me

When Pao said that, she was explaining to her "best friend" why she hadn't told JUAN about the miscarriage, not Russ. I guess she has more than one bestie. 

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

I also got a bone to pick with Ashley for judging Annie for working in a blow job bar when her dad met her. I mean, why the fuck you think David was in the BJ bar in the first place? He wasn't hanging in there for the drinks. 

On point!  Who the hell is Ashley to judge anyone?  She's not exactly a sterling example of an upstanding American citizen.

3 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

Raise your hand if you couldn't get the image of a woman trying to open a beer bottle with her hoo-ha out of your mind last night.

30 years in the navy - I have no such imagery problems.  I've never seen a bottle opened, but i have seen stacks of coins "ingested" and returned, one at a time.  That's talent, but not very sanitary.  

Edited by CafeAuLait
  • Love 10
7 minutes ago, iwasish said:

What was that meal anyway? It looked like fried chicken wings and some kind of stir fried vegetables. 

I was thinking the fried things were the expensive shrimp.  Annie's little digs at Americans irritate me.  American's don't know how to cook?  Really?  We only eat hamburgers and french fries?  Girl please, you're married to one of the saddest losers I've ever seen, you've got no room to talk.   I absolutely loved David's sister, she was saying everything we've been saying for weeks.   I'm so glad she didn't loan him any money.   And for someone so innocent Annie sure knows alot about sex bars and what goes on there.  If she finds those places so offensive you'd think she might have objected to her date taking her to a bar like that in the first place.    

• Love 23
Just now, SevenCostanza said:

I was thinking the fried things were the expensive shrimp.  Annie's little digs at Americans irritate me.  American's don't know how to cook?  Really?  We only eat hamburgers and french fries?  Girl please, you're married to one of the saddest losers I've ever seen, you've got no room to talk.   I absolutely loved David's sister, she was saying everything we've been saying for weeks.   I'm so glad she didn't loan him any money.   And for someone so innocent Annie sure knows alot about sex bars and what goes on there.  If she finds those places so offensive you'd think she might have objected to her date taking her to a bar like that in the first place.    

My guess is Annie has only been exposed to the cheapest of American eating.  David hardly looks like he's going to quality steakhouses.  His expanding waistline and constant complaints about money suggests to me he doesn't reach beyond the dollar menu.

• Love 22
16 minutes ago, jackjill89 said:

Raise your hand if you couldn't get the image of a woman trying to open a beer bottle with her hoo-ha out of your mind last night.

Soon as she said ping pong bar I got queasy.

I laughed when she said that she and David liked to go to those places for entertainment. She’s certainly no innocent.

Why wasn’t Russ st the meeting with Pao and that Doctor? I would think he would have wanted to be there and hear first hand what issues they might have if they want to have more kids.

Loved how suddenly Pao is telling her “best friend” how unsupportive Russ was after the alleged miscarriage.  I’m sure he’ll be thrilled to hear that when he watches.

10 minutes ago, magemaud said:

When Pao said that, she was explaining to her "best friend" why she hadn't told JUAN about the miscarriage, not Russ. I guess she has more than one bestie. 

She also dumped on Russ, saying he didn’t seem overly upset about it and barely asked her how she was feeling. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Kellyee said:

Nancy answered some questions for me last night such as was David always this way or was his brain scrambled by the stroke he had? Answer: He’s always been this way. Also if he could blame his incompetence on the stroke, we probably would have heard that from him a long time ago. 

Anyway, he’s always been this way. Nancy appears educated and responsible. She’s also compassionate. Just goes to show that David can’t blame his personality on his raising, either. He’s just an a$$hole. Glad she’s not enabling him!

He will never afford a vasectomy reversal and even if Chris stepped in, it wouldn’t work for him anyway at this point. Annie is in LaLa land on that one.

• Love 14
(edited)
46 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

The look of fear on Azan's face was even more hilarious!

Okay I don't have much to add to the very delightful comments per this thread except:  I agree that Azan's family was very gracious but I knew they would be.  I have worked with folks from Morocco (very small fraction, I know!) but they are very hospitable towards Americans.

58 minutes ago, Chickabiddy said:

Jorge has to be the most emotionally stunted Man-Baby who has ever taken the breath of life. "If we had money and could be on a permanent vacation, the marriage would work." Asshole, everybody's marriage would work a whole lot better if they were all rich and living a permavacation.  That's not how real life works, you sack of shit. 

Your marriage, asshole would be a lot better if you had money because it would mean that you hadn't been a pathological liar spewing unending bullshit about the lifestyle you could provide Anfisa. Let's not forget that this psycho had Anfisa trying on 50,000 USD wedding dresses and looking at 5 bedroom houses in LA just to try to keep the charade going. He is just a pathological liar that he kept lying about seeing the lawyer when he knew if would be revealed on camera.. There is not enough money in the world to save a marriage when one partner is that pathological. 

David is just such a shameless, sleazy, snake oil salesman of a con man. And that's all I got. He is just too gross.

I also got a bone to pick with Ashley for judging Annie for working in a blow job bar when her dad met her. I mean, why the fuck you think David was in the BJ bar in the first place? He wasn't hanging in there for the drinks.  Why does she deserve more moral judgement than the sleazy guy coming in to get one?  Ashley needs to stop taking her daddy issues out on Annie.

Jorge:  Oh gosh....go away.  "Money will solve all my problems!"  Ya really think that?  Asshole, delusional one at that,

David David David......you have to borrow $1000 to LIVE yet you have this dream of a snip snip reversal, that will costs $7000 or so (forgive me if I wrong on the cost) to become a dad AGAIN at age 50 or so?  SERIOUSLY???

Annie - you are married to loser who lied to you.  Sorry.   Ashley - take out your issues with your DAD not Annie.  Your dad screwed anything that moved in Thailand for YEARS, don't be upset at him bringing home a conquest.  Ashley likes to harp that her dad was not the best dad when she was little.  Fair enough, we were not there.  But David still can be a dad again, no law against that but the real issue is he shouldn't because he is broke and a loser, not that he does not deserve a second chance at being a dad.  Lots of men have late in life babies and are awesome at it, much to the chagrin of their grown kids, BUT........David is such a self centered loser I doubt he would be any good at it.  I have also known a few couples who have gone through snip snip reversal and none worked.

David - If he looked like George Clooney, or had half the personality of a George Clooney (or John Stamos, take your pick) I could understand the fawning.  But he is a pasty white unattractive loser!!!  Look, in my world, you could have a hump on your back and have pox on your face but if you make me laugh, I am yours.  But David is just so.......blah!!!!!  Blah and needy and not self sufficient.  Run Annie run!

David's sister is the voice of reason - we need more of her.

Boobs Chantel - oy.  If I had a SERIOUS gripe about my hubby the LAST person I would tell would be my sister or brother.  That will never end well.

Russ and Pao - still dull.  You are not Sophia Vergara so stop trying.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 13
(edited)
20 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

My guess is Annie has only been exposed to the cheapest of American eating.  David hardly looks like he's going to quality steakhouses.  His expanding waistline and constant complaints about money suggests to me he doesn't reach beyond the dollar menu.

I don’t like her digs either but if her only exposure to us is David and Snooki she must think we are a sorry lot indeed.

That being said , Annie hasn’t exactly established herself as honest. Even if she had a work visa, I’m not sure how hard she would work. She may well be a Grade A butt sitter, too.

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 6
31 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Yes indeed, and her bestie varies depending on the day, what country she is in, and the weather.

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Azan had better be giving that some serious thought. Just the sight of his discomfort with her pawing at him was enough to make me queasy. 

I’m no Azan fan but I hate the thought of anyone forcing themselves on someone for sex, even if the other person acquiesces. Azan has better invest in a cattle prod and keep it charged!

• LOL 1
  • Love 14