Type keyword(s) to search

Season 3 Discussion

• Start Topic

22 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Most important, does Lourdes know?? What will she say when she finds there was leg-spreading involved?

Seriously, can you picture Lourdes butting in and telling Jorge not to give up one penny in child support? 

Yes, I can see it and Jorge will listen to her except I doubt the judge will if it is his baby

1 hour ago, glitterpussy said:

She was scared shitless when the police were called--that's why she bailed. 

Yes!  She was definitely in a panic.  What's her criminal record again?  Is it all driving under the influence?.  

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Horrified said:

Yes!  She was definitely in a panic.  What's her criminal record again?  Is it all driving under the influence?.  

Driving under the influence and possession of marijuana, her episodes should change to 90 day felon

• Love 3
22 hours ago, bethster2000 said:

Sorry...if my husband had a trash-talking, disrespectful, nasty skank of a sister who ridiculed my very existence, she would not be welcome to stay at OUR house.  Period.  I cannot believe the number of people on this site who are siding with Pedro and his shady family.

I'm so with you on that.  Family Chantal is awful.  But Family Pedro to me is far, far worse.  They are grifters.  And every time I see Pedro's face, I see his sister and mom's nasty mug which makes me dislike him that much more.

• Love 15

I have a hard time feeling sorry for Annie.  She didn't come to America for some great love.   I suspect David is the first American man to promise to marry her.  The rest probably just use her as the easy fuck or paid for the fuck.  My neighbor growing up was married to a Thai man and we used to go to Thai festivals in the area all the time.  There were so many gorgeous Thai women that as a teen I was just stunned.   There were very few that weren't attractive and the ones that weren't drop dead gorgeous where a helluva a lot better looking than Annie.    Annie is probably considered dumpy over there.  She's actually dumpy looking over here.  

That said, her Thai friend wasn't all that attractive although maybe all made up she is?  But maybe she wasn't a hooker over there and met her husband in a legitimate fashion -- by chance.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, Real Eyes said:

Chantel had no money. The prenup covered her potential inheritance from her parents’ business.

There is no need to protect an inheritance. Inheritances aren't community property.

and do the parents Chantel really think A) they'll outlive her and B) the cheerleading coach business will be a big inheritance.?

• Love 5
9 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

No doubt Jorge is a lazy, gross, blackmailing slob but let's not forget the Anfisa of last season that we saw hit, slap, and scream at Jorge repeatedly. I don't get why people are buying this poor, poor, sad Anfisa act. It's all BS. Both of them are awful. She could go back home if she is so miserable. All she needs is money for a plane ticket. I do, however, believe her story of how she was raised. Sad that her father died, and mom was obsessed with finding men, and her grandmother raised her. Sounds like Anfisa is following in her mother's footsteps. 

Oh don't get me wrong, I agree Anfisa was abusive but last season Jorge was painted as a hapless victim when the reality is that he is just as abusive and he used the uneven power dynamic to his advantage. Anfisa may be a hellcat but Jorge is a psychopath. No contest.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Happyfatchick said:

Because if you walk into a stor and lay your phone down and get distracted (and leave it, and are forced to ask someone else to borrow a phone so you can call it to find it, etc) the next person who sees it can open it and cause you all sorts of harm. Everybody’s phone should have password protection.  You’re smarter than you think.

Why hide the password from your spouse? And your computer password from your spouse? Have all the freakin' passwords you want but you shouldn't be refusing to give them to your spouse. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Nancybeth said:

can we talk about Annie's new friend Tuk?  I LOVE Tuk! 

My favorite part was when Tuk said that David didn't have a job because he was "too laid back." Is that a Thai euphemism for "lazy?" 

6 hours ago, Bugfrey Von said:

Nicole has more chins by the minute in this episode.  How did she manage to gain weight on the plane ride to Morocco?

3 flights, 2 stopovers, plenty of opportunities to eat! 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, magemaud said:

My favorite part was when Tuk said that David didn't have a job because he was "too laid back." Is that a Thai euphemism for "lazy?" 

Yes but she said Annie need to push him but that is not going to work

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Did she have no friends that said, "Look, you are 42, he is 27.  Get down and dirty with him all you want HERE IN THE DR.  Do not bring him home to friggin' MARRY!"  No one? ...

Her closest friend/business partner is married to a younger man as well, but he didn't appear to be the lock himself in the bedroom calling the police type.  

I was a little surprised she left with him in the house alone. He's weird and has been known to be spiteful.  I would have been wondering if he'd burn it down.

Pao said that she needed to get away from her family and Juan and the drama, so she and the whipped husband were off to meet a photographer friend who understood Colombian culture and thought a nearly nude shoot might be fun.  There's an idea!  Bring the parents!  And the conservative hoosban.  Invite Juan.  Can't make this stuff up.

No idea how tight Annie was with the Thai friend but I thought it was strange, too, that the first thing she asked was "Is he working?". Either they really knew each other or Bhatman is famous.  

I think Anfisa has the counselor believing she's Little Miss Muffet or something.  The calm, demure victim Anfisa is such a contrast to last season's hell on wheels red makeup bag Anfisa. The only trace left of crazy Anfisa is his cracked phone.   

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, DVDFreaker said:

Yes but she said Annie need to push him but that is not going to work

When she cuts the nightly slap and tickle down to 1x a month or less, that’ll get him motivated. Her out is that Chris is sponsoring her ( I think), she can show up on his doorstep and he’ll be on the hook. I’m betting he can find her a nice secure guy to replace the penguin, or at least get her a job to support herself.

I hired an excellent P.I. to help out with a family issue that involves a foreign country. My guy is totally legit - he is former TSA, DEA, etc. has been involved in some major  operations, he's been on Discovery, CNN, etc.  That lady PI isn't fact finding and presenting a plan to these people at all. She should have outlined what team that she could pull together in the DR instead of making up nonsense local operations to bill Family Chantal for. I do think that Pedro 's family is shady as fuck but Detective Adorn is most likely not going to find out how or why. What a waste of time and money!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, spankydoll said:

I hired an excellent P.I. to help out with a family issue that involves a foreign country. My guy is totally legit - he is former TSA, DEA, etc. has been involved in some major  operations, he's been on Discovery, CNN, etc.  That lady PI isn't fact finding and presenting a plan to these people at all. She should have outlined what team that she could pull together in the DR instead of making up nonsense local operations to bill Family Chantal for. I do think that Pedro 's family is shady as fuck but Detective Adorn is most likely not going to find out how or why. What a waste of time and money!

All she’s going to do is soak them for money. It would be ironic if they ended up getting fleeced by the person they hire to find out if someone else is fleecing them. “More stupider” indeed.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
38 minutes ago, magemaud said:

3 flights, 2 stopovers, plenty of opportunities to eat! 

and smell like Cheetos,BO and other odd odors..body generated or otherwise

Azan just couldnt wait to hug all that yummy stuff!!

33 minutes ago, Kareem said:

"Is he working?". Either they really knew each other or Bhatman is famous.  

He was known in the bars and among the local "girls"

Boom Boom

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, gunderda said:

I'd probably rage on his ass too if I left my family and country to end up with a con-man and liar. 

I know that I should care that Anfisa slapped Jorge around last season but I just don't. He's a fucking loser. I'd kick his ass in about a second and have zero regrets.

• Love 15
10 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Pao is so silly, shallow and vain. She loves that poisonous little Juan more than she has ever loved her husband. Her parents are totally weird. Her father keeps saying "Its a job", but its not a job! She's not being paid! Its some pictures on spec for a calendar that will probably never be printed. 

FatherPao defending the nearlynude "photoshoot" was disgusting.  Seriously?  I loved that she was too embarrassed to walk around in front of him with the paint -- what?  Isn't it all so artistic?  Why the shyness?  This is something Honorable, right? The ripped up daisy dukes were the icing on the cake of classlessness.  Why the hair covering everything up?  Art is art, right?  They all knew that this is the opposite of Art, but they were bound and determined to gaslight Ross.  He must like the TLC $$ because he keeps hanging around.  Her looks with Juan are so disrespectful.  She has zero interest in remaining with Ross unless he does exactly what she wants and doesn't bug her too much.  She is exhausting.  So is Ross for putting up with her and allowing himself to be drug along her path of havoc.

Melanie and Devar - Devar is from Jamaica, fyi.  

Anfisa sure did have Her Story down pat.  We can see how she's been treated poorly by Jorge, but she is Playing The Long Game....getting her therapy on film....getting all her stories out there so that she can divorce him and Stay in The US.  Brava Anfisa...he deserves you.

Nicole doesn't listen to anyone. I am pretty sure Azan never agreed to much of her Magical Thinking, but he's in it for the $$$, so whatevs....

Pedro was giving some major Controlling Vibes.  Chantel is stuck because she doesn't stick up for herself with him or her family.  She gets what she gets for being so bad at communicating.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, NoSpam said:

There is no need to protect an inheritance. Inheritances aren't community property.

and do the parents Chantel really think A) they'll outlive her and B) the cheerleading coach business will be a big inheritance.?

It doesn’t matter. That is what Chantel’s parents wanted, and that’s what they got. 

33 minutes ago, Eme said:

FatherPao defending the nearlynude "photoshoot" was disgusting.  Seriously?  I loved that she was too embarrassed to walk around in front of him with the paint -- what?  Isn't it all so artistic?  Why the shyness?  This is something Honorable, right? The ripped up daisy dukes were the icing on the cake of classlessness.  Why the hair covering everything up?  Art is art, right?  They all knew that this is the opposite of Art, but they were bound and determined to gaslight Ross.  He must like the TLC $$ because he keeps hanging around.  Her looks with Juan are so disrespectful.  She has zero interest in remaining with Ross unless he does exactly what she wants and doesn't bug her too much.  She is exhausting.  So is Ross for putting up with her and allowing himself to be drug along her path of havoc.

Melanie and Devar - Devar is from Jamaica, fyi.  

Anfisa sure did have Her Story down pat.  We can see how she's been treated poorly by Jorge, but she is Playing The Long Game....getting her therapy on film....getting all her stories out there so that she can divorce him and Stay in The US.  Brava Anfisa...he deserves you.

Nicole doesn't listen to anyone. I am pretty sure Azan never agreed to much of her Magical Thinking, but he's in it for the $$$, so whatevs....

Pedro was giving some major Controlling Vibes.  Chantel is stuck because she doesn't stick up for herself with him or her family.  She gets what she gets for being so bad at communicating.

Anfisa would be able to stay in any event. 

On 6/24/2018 at 7:48 PM, Chickabiddy said:

I just love how the WHOLE Family Chantel rode along to meet the PI. Are they that thirsty for camera time or are they just that dysfunctional? Shnikies!

That PI sure knew how to prime the pump and get the Parents Chantel all spun up with suspicions. She just secured herself a whole year of billable hours. She is gonna bleed them dry.

Also, does Mother Chantel’s face look like its perpetually drrooping...like the mask might slide right off? 

Apologies if this was already said, as I'm a bit late, but did anyone else find it odd that Parents Chantel were comforted that the PI thinks their concerns are legit?  Wouldn't it be more comforting for her to say "Hey guys, I get you don't like the guy, but this is a bunch of nothing. Sending a few hundred bucks a month home is not that strange, even though it's not super considerate of his wife." How marriage rings and hidden families and harvested dollars bring you comfort when it comes to your daughter is...disturbing.  

And...do River and Winter have nothing else to do?

• Love 11
On 6/24/2018 at 9:42 PM, NinaH said:

Not one single one of them has any redeeming qualities, except perhaps Anfisa. I would say Russ but he’s such a doormat that I feel no pity for him at all. A man with such an obvious lack of balls is hard to feel sorry for. 

Who'da thunk it?

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Splithair said:

Apologies if this was already said, as I'm a bit late, but did anyone else find it odd that Parents Chantel were comforted that the PI thinks their concerns are legit?  Wouldn't it be more comforting for her to say "Hey guys, I get you don't like the guy, but this is a bunch of nothing. Sending a few hundred bucks a month home is not that strange, even though it's not super considerate of his wife."

I would find it odd if it were any Family other than Family Chantel.  Being right is more important than their daughter's happiness. 

• Love 8

I get Chantel's parents. They don't like their son-in-law. However their daughter is an adult who can make her own choices and mistakes. She and Pedro can certainly implode their own marriage very nicely without family interference.

One of the worst addictions is to reassurance and validation.

• Love 11
19 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Am I the only one who experiences inappropriate rage every time Mother and Father Chantel strike their standing pose?  It's like there are literally two tape marks they stand on.

No, you are not. Everything about them is so fake. The first season, I felt like they had reason to be doubtful, but more so because of Chantal's lying. Now they're just gross and I really hope they are acting.

• Love 3

I get a kick out of Azan cracking up when he's talking about how the kissy phone calls were not funny. He thinks it's so funny that he can't even keep a straight face when he's talking about it.

Then over their miserable lunch, he tells her she can look at his phone. "There's nothing on there because I deleted everything [incriminating]." Well, she can certainly breathe a sigh of relief now, can't she?

I get the impression that in spite of all of this, Nicole would stay and stay. And stay. Postponing or even canceling the wedding wouldn't get rid of her. May becoming increasingly distraught wouldn't change her mind. She's glommed onto Azan and she will be difficult to unpry, like getting a sticky, melted marshmallow off of a hot fork. They would absolutely have to break every rule of etiquette and shove her out the door in order to get her to leave, and, even then, she might show up again. (Remember the first time Azan was trying to wave goodbye, and she simply would not move towards the plane? I could be wrong, but I seem to recall her popping her head back around the corner after she was supposed to disappear, just to get one last look at him.)

• Love 12
9 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I don't think Azan was calling girls at all. I think he was calling boys. Have we heard any other voices on those tapes? and how did the recordings end up online?

Oooh interesting!

9 hours ago, millennium said:

I was reminded of that Friends episode where Rachel dates Danny from next door while his sister is visiting:

Good comparison.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, ezzy4 said:

Family Chantel really should have their own show.  They are such a great example of serious family DYSFUNCTION.  I think so many of us could learn so much about how NOT to do things by watching them.  

So this week was just more of the same . . . pushing through appropriate boundaries . . . attempting to control other adults . . . that weird, weird, weird "group think" stuff (now featuring River). . . the smirking . . . the glances back and forth.  It's all so not normal.  

I think there are times families need to pull together and find a way to voice shared concerns.  It's awkward.  It's what you do in an intervention.  Frankly it's what should be done with Nicole.   People tend to hem and haw.  They look at the floor.  They have to write down their thoughts ahead of time because it's such a stressful situation to be involved in.  The person being confronted is given a wide berth to express themselves also.  

But what Family Chantel does is very different.  There is no awkwardness expressed by them.  They just barrel through boundaries like they breath, with great ease and complete belief in their right to behave and say however they choose.

It's called a "closed family system" and it is a cultlike existence for the members.  

I have a lot of empathy for Chantel.  You can see her trying to reconcile her family's belief system with the real world.  Someone mentioned her blank stares; her delay in responding.  Yeah, she come across like someone out of a cult.  You can see her trying to stay calm.  You can see her trying to control the uncontrollable (I think that's why she went to the PI).

And Pedro has his issues with his family too.  There are boundary issues there too (maybe it's all cultural).

I don't think its a huge surprise they hooked up.  It seems like they both didn't see the red flags others (from more functional family background) would see.  Chantel lied to her parents about Pedro visa but Pedro doesn't see lying as an issue.  He lies all the time himself.  Pedro puts his family's unreasonable demands ahead of his marriage.  So does Chantel.

These two kids have a lot of work ahead of them if they are going to have a happy marriage.  Honestly, it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

Really interesting perspective. 

I felt confused when Chantel got scared because Pedro suggested they move (100 miles lol) away. I really think it's the only shot they have, and I don't understand why it would scare her, unless Family has really gotten in her head.

Chantel should make Pedro a deal: we move > 100 miles away from Family Chantel, and you send < 100 dollars per month to Family Pedro.  

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Bridget said:

Before I forget, I LOVE fresh flowers. They brighten any room and are an instant pick me up. They’re a steal at either Home Depot or Trader Joe’s. That said, I’ve never given nor received two bouquets of flowers at the same time to/from the same person, so when I saw sister Pedro’s flowers at the airport, I thought “Well, there’s more money down the tubes!”  

Nothing says "Welcome" like two big clumps of gas station flowers! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
8 hours ago, glitterpussy said:

And Chantal with her giraffe eyelashes 

Here’s a screenshot of her reaction to her mother’s “more stupider” comment. Edited to add: I just saw that TLC is using this exact picture in their commercials with Mother Chantel’s “more stupider” voiceover  

66643E76-11CA-41F8-B77A-1EA165431BDB.jpeg

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I get a kick out of Azan cracking up when he's talking about how the kissy phone calls were not funny. He thinks it's so funny that he can't even keep a straight face when he's talking about it.

Then over their miserable lunch, he tells her she can look at his phone. "There's nothing on there because I deleted everything [incriminating]." Well, she can certainly breathe a sigh of relief now, can't she?

He also said, while laughing, "I never thought Nicole would find them." Maybe because he thinks she is too stupid but he didn't realize she'd be tipped off by a mysterious "friend." 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 5

Late to the party, but...

Juan is a vile, disgusting excuse for a human being, but he sure has Pao's number.  Pao doesn't love Ross or care anything about his feelings, because she keeps doing just what she wants no matter how it makes Ross feel.  I can't muster up much sympathy for Russ, though, because he seems to love his image of her and can't seem to see what a nasty little bitch she really is. 

• Love 15

What did all these couples talk about while waiting to get approved for the K1 Visa? It is not like these couples fell in love at first sight and got married a week later. In most cases they have 6 months or even a year after meeting and deciding to get married to wait for the visa approval. Could Chantel and Pedro not talk about family and money? Could Nicole and Azan not discuss the cultural and religious differences? Could Molly and Luis not talk about family responsbilites and expectations? Did Ross really live in Columbia and never meet Pao BFF Juan and since she revealed she was a model before coming to the US, did Russ and her never discuss her future career plans in the USA?

All these couples had time to wait and talk and discuss the future. What did they do just text I love you's and heart emoji's? 

• Love 12
10 hours ago, Splithair said:

Apologies if this was already said, as I'm a bit late, but did anyone else find it odd that Parents Chantel were comforted that the PI thinks their concerns are legit?  Wouldn't it be more comforting for her to say "Hey guys, I get you don't like the guy, but this is a bunch of nothing. Sending a few hundred bucks a month home is not that strange, even though it's not super considerate of his wife." How marriage rings and hidden families and harvested dollars bring you comfort when it comes to your daughter is...disturbing.  

I think it's comfort in knowing their suspicions were right and that if they can prove this to Chantal, she'll divorce him and the grifting ends.  Maybe he'll bolt back to Dominican Republic?  Pedro is shady AF in my opinion.  

• Love 5
On 6/24/2018 at 8:48 PM, Chickabiddy said:

That PI sure knew how to prime the pump and get the Parents Chantel all spun up with suspicions. She just secured herself a whole year of billable hours. She is gonna bleed them dry.

THIS. The Family Chantal is SO worried that Pedro is here to "harvest American dollars" that they're going to give those dollars to Private Investigator Barbie's Mom with a terrible dye job instead.

Seriously, I grew up with a lot of Dominican friends in a neighborhood with a lot of immigrants from various countries and sending money home is incredibly common. And, of course, the amount of money needed to rent a two or three bedroom apartment in DR is less than the amount to rent a studio here. How does the Family Chantal not understand basic things like exchange rates? The problem in this relationship isn't that Pedro is sending money back to his family, it's that the two of them are so immature and apparently incapable of communicating with each other on a level that allows them to talk about money and how they spend it. At least, not without getting their families involved. (And I agree with others who say that the Family Chantal created this problem themselves with the pre-nup BS from their first season - they told Pedro "what is ours is ours" so many times and now he's telling THEM "what is mine is mine" and they're shocked and appalled. SMH.

I mean, the Mother Chantal of the tiny hats and the bizarre speaking cadence was so terribly, terribly offended when they were called ugly Americans but...if the shoe fits. I swear to god, these are some of the most xenophobic people I've ever met. *I* was offended watching the episodes of them in the DR and I'm not Pedro's family...or Dominican! Honestly, after watching those episodes, I'm surprised Pedro's first call wasn't to a divorce attorney, I don't think I could stay with someone who just tolerates their family treating me and my family and even "my culture" (which can we tell the writers of this show that not everything people do is because of "their culture" - like this show plays to the worst stereotypes of every country that they feature people from).

• Love 17
(edited)
8 hours ago, magemaud said:

Here’s a screenshot of her reaction to her mother’s “more stupider” comment. Edited to add: I just saw that TLC is using this exact picture in their commercials with Mother Chantel’s “more stupider” voiceover  

66643E76-11CA-41F8-B77A-1EA165431BDB.jpeg

Bambi eyelashes. Cartoon deer in the headlights.

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • LOL 1

I realize it's supposed to be entertainment and evil characters like Juan are 'set ups' to add drama.  But they don't even need that kind of thing.  The basic issues with these couples are enormous.  For a start, I don't see love or affection or respect or understanding or any effort for compromise between any of them.  If the foundations needed for a relationship to work are missing at the beginning - then how can it ever work out long term?

I think it was last season where a least there was some semblance of love between a few of the couples.  But this lot - they're just awful people.  I wouldn't want to have a coffee with any of them or their interfering families and friends.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, GuiltiestPleasures said:

THIS. The Family Chantal is SO worried that Pedro is here to "harvest American dollars" that they're going to give those dollars to Private Investigator Barbie's Mom with a terrible dye job instead.

Seriously, I grew up with a lot of Dominican friends in a neighborhood with a lot of immigrants from various countries and sending money home is incredibly common. And, of course, the amount of money needed to rent a two or three bedroom apartment in DR is less than the amount to rent a studio here. How does the Family Chantal not understand basic things like exchange rates? The problem in this relationship isn't that Pedro is sending money back to his family, it's that the two of them are so immature and apparently incapable of communicating with each other on a level that allows them to talk about money and how they spend it. At least, not without getting their families involved. (And I agree with others who say that the Family Chantal created this problem themselves with the pre-nup BS from their first season - they told Pedro "what is ours is ours" so many times and now he's telling THEM "what is mine is mine" and they're shocked and appalled. SMH.

I mean, the Mother Chantal of the tiny hats and the bizarre speaking cadence was so terribly, terribly offended when they were called ugly Americans but...if the shoe fits. I swear to god, these are some of the most xenophobic people I've ever met. *I* was offended watching the episodes of them in the DR and I'm not Pedro's family...or Dominican! Honestly, after watching those episodes, I'm surprised Pedro's first call wasn't to a divorce attorney, I don't think I could stay with someone who just tolerates their family treating me and my family and even "my culture" (which can we tell the writers of this show that not everything people do is because of "their culture" - like this show plays to the worst stereotypes of every country that they feature people from).

I started highlighting what I liked in your post, but then I realized it was pretty much the entire thing so I just gave up. It's very insightful, BTW!

That family vocal cadence is getting annoying AF. I think they look at the other two and figure they'll never get them married off (I mean River, come on!) and so Chantel was their hope at a brighter future. They're terribly disappointed that she squandered herself on a love match. 

After the public reaction to them, you'd think that they would have woken up a little. Any sane person would have. However, I think that as long as the five of them think that things are up and running properly, then everything's jake. They sit around and congratulate themselves for having put on airs in the DR. 

I think Pedro initially married Chantel for love, but now he may well be padding his mom's bank account as part of his exit strategy. Can't say that I blame him! Then there will be a chorus of I Told You So's as well as Chantel trusting her creepy family more than ever. smh

• Love 6
On 6/24/2018 at 9:43 PM, Brooklynista said:

When did D.R. become "the Dominican"?

So, I've heard people from the D.R. call it the DR frequently. The Dominican, I think, probably comes from the Spanish "La Republica Dominicana" and I've definitely heard people use "La Dominicana" to refer to the country or to people who are Dominican (i.e. she is Dominicana). It's not as common, but I've definitely heard it being used that way.

• Love 3

I loved when sister Pedro was talking about what a vacation is supposed to be like.  Wasn't she on the beach when he called last episode?  I've never heard it mentioned that she has a job, or goes to school.  Bitch, what are you on vacation from?

And yes, beds are great, but over the years I've slept on couches, or even the floor, when visiting my brother and his wife.  I'm not 80, I can handle it, and the discomfort is the trade off for getting to spend time with people I love.

• Love 20

So I know Pao is not very popular on this board, but I'm sorry, the way Russ talks about "allowing" her to do things and constantly acting like he should have veto rights over everything in her life is just creepy. And the whole "Colombian" Pao vs "American" Pao is also creepy.

He and Jorge are very similar in my eyes; they went online and found international Barbie dolls to marry. Women who were very open about their sexualities and bodies online when they met them. Then they paid for a plane ticket and put a ring on it, and now they act as though the things that Anfisa and Pao did to attract them are morally reprehensible. I'm sorry, but if you didn't want to marry a model who takes sexy photos, maybe don't MARRY a MODEL who takes SEXY PHOTOS.

Do I think Pao is some terrific human? Not particularly. Do I think her best friend there is just an attention seeking idiot who starts fights with Russ on purpose? Sure. Do I think Russ some huge catch who is now being terribly mistreated by his spicy Latina wife? NO! We've seen this again and again on this show, men who think they are buying these women's freedoms when they bring them to the US and marry them.

Honestly, good for Pao, at least she's upfront and honest about what she wants. If her career or moving to Miami were deal breakers for Russ, he should leave. But instead he sticks around, constantly making her feel bad about her choices and standing off-camera saying how "uncomfortable" he is and basically implying that his *wife* is a slut. Which is all fine and dandy until you remember that it was that sluttish behavior that attracted him in the first place. If he wanted a Duggar-clone to marry, he's on the wrong show and also could have stayed in Oklahoma to find one. I have very little sympathy for him.

• Love 14
11 minutes ago, GuiltiestPleasures said:

So I know Pao is not very popular on this board, but I'm sorry, the way Russ talks about "allowing" her to do things and constantly acting like he should have veto rights over everything in her life is just creepy. And the whole "Colombian" Pao vs "American" Pao is also creepy.

He and Jorge are very similar in my eyes; they went online and found international Barbie dolls to marry. Women who were very open about their sexualities and bodies online when they met them. Then they paid for a plane ticket and put a ring on it, and now they act as though the things that Anfisa and Pao did to attract them are morally reprehensible. I'm sorry, but if you didn't want to marry a model who takes sexy photos, maybe don't MARRY a MODEL who takes SEXY PHOTOS.

Do I think Pao is some terrific human? Not particularly. Do I think her best friend there is just an attention seeking idiot who starts fights with Russ on purpose? Sure. Do I think Russ some huge catch who is now being terribly mistreated by his spicy Latina wife? NO! We've seen this again and again on this show, men who think they are buying these women's freedoms when they bring them to the US and marry them.

Honestly, good for Pao, at least she's upfront and honest about what she wants. If her career or moving to Miami were deal breakers for Russ, he should leave. But instead he sticks around, constantly making her feel bad about her choices and standing off-camera saying how "uncomfortable" he is and basically implying that his *wife* is a slut. Which is all fine and dandy until you remember that it was that sluttish behavior that attracted him in the first place. If he wanted a Duggar-clone to marry, he's on the wrong show and also could have stayed in Oklahoma to find one. I have very little sympathy for him.

I completely agree with you about Russ. The day a grown man tells me what he permits me to do is the day he’s out of my life. However, he is a bit different than the gross Jorge. Russ actually met and dated Pao while living and working in Colombia. He didn’t search online for an import Barbie doll, like Jorge. That actually makes Russ even more annoying in my view, since he met, dated, and proposed to Colombian Pao! He knew who she was from day 1; there was no online fakery or hiding of her true nature. I guess he thought he could magically change her with...what? The charm of Oklahoma? Sorry, but OK isn’t that great. He’s just an insecure, controlling man who thought he wanted some spice and then got scared when he took her home. Pao’s not nice and sweet, but she’s never pretended to be.

• Love 13

The problem in this relationship isn't that Pedro is sending money back to his family, it's that the two of them are so immature and apparently incapable of communicating with each other on a level that allows them to talk about money and how they spend it. 

Ding, ding, ding. Even in a "what's mine is mine" marriage, if you're renting and furnishing an apartment together, you need to come to an agreement about it. Your household has costs; you have to meet them.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Vandy10 said:

I completely agree with you about Russ. The day a grown man tells me what he permits me to do is the day he’s out of my life. However, he is a bit different than the gross Jorge. Russ actually met and dated Pao while living and working in Colombia. He didn’t search online for an import Barbie doll, like Jorge. That actually makes Russ even more annoying in my view, since he met, dated, and proposed to Colombian Pao! He knew who she was from day 1; there was no online fakery or hiding of her true nature. I guess he thought he could magically change her with...what? The charm of Oklahoma? Sorry, but OK isn’t that great. He’s just an insecure, controlling man who thought he wanted some spice and then got scared when he took her home. Pao’s not nice and sweet, but she’s never pretended to be.

I didn't realize that, I think I missed their first season, but honestly you're right. If he lived in Colombia, I feel like his weird fetishization of Colombian Pao vs. his expectation of what American Pao should be is indeed worse. He knew what this was. He knew who she was. Ugh.

• Love 4

Okay, I finally got to the couch scene and OMG that's absurd. I mean, La Familia Pedro is absurd too, though not as absurd as Family Chantal. But seriously, I can't imagine showing up at someone's apartment that is offering a free place for me to stay and demanding that they buy a blow-up mattress.

Also, the laughter from the sister was bizarre. It really makes me wonder if it's fake or at least being re-recorded because her affect was just so off base for the mood of the room at that moment. I mean, unless this was her way of getting back at Chantal for the hotel thing in the DR (which, I do find it hilarious that Chantal freaked the frack out because she misunderstood the word "punto" but I understand why. She just WAY overreacted. But seeing how her family operates, I'm not even that surprised).

• Love 9
32 minutes ago, Vandy10 said:

So I know Pao is not very popular on this board, but I'm sorry, the way Russ talks about "allowing" her to do things and constantly acting like he should have veto rights over everything in her life is just creepy.

I agree - I am far from an underwear model.....trust me on that one - however if we were to travel back in time where I could have done that.......I would have told The Man In My LIfe "Listen, if this makes you uncomfortable, stay home.  This is my work.  Ya know.......how we pay the bills?"  My current hubby would have driven me there, dropped me off with a kiss and a bag lunch and picked me up with a "How was your day?" LOL!  

Russ - your seemingly old fashioned values come off as creepy and overbearing.  Stop it.

I was bored and looked up Pao's Facebook page.  Lots of ass-kissing:  "You are so hot!  You are so beautiful!"  And from Pao:  "Don't believe the haters!!!"  There are A LOT of selfies and and lots and LOTS of her "modeling" shots.

• Love 2
(edited)

I haven’t watched yet but I predict:

Pow and Rust meet with the photographer/friend (fuck buddy.) Pow acts (badly) all embarrassed and shocked to the suggestion of a body paint calendar shoot. Rust expressed his distaste for that type of modeling.  Pow tells (lies to) her photographer/fuck buddy she really doesn’t like  to go against her husbands wishes. Pow flaunts her bare tits and ass anyway. Rust overreacts. Pow overreacts to Russ stick-up-the-assedness. They fight.

lather, rinse repeat. 

I have no no objection to that type of modeling. Pow should be able to do what ever then hell type of modeling she wants as long as she didn’t promise not to before she married him. I can’t stand either of them. 

ETA after watching: Will Pow give her parents a calendar to hang on their refrigerator? They can enjoy looking at her nipples next to the milk. 

Edited by nytonc
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, silverspoons said:

What did all these couples talk about while waiting to get approved for the K1 Visa? It is not like these couples fell in love at first sight and got married a week later. In most cases they have 6 months or even a year after meeting and deciding to get married to wait for the visa approval. Could Chantel and Pedro not talk about family and money? Could Nicole and Azan not discuss the cultural and religious differences? Could Molly and Luis not talk about family responsbilites and expectations? Did Ross really live in Columbia and never meet Pao BFF Juan and since she revealed she was a model before coming to the US, did Russ and her never discuss her future career plans in the USA?

All these couples had time to wait and talk and discuss the future. What did they do just text I love you's and heart emoji's? 

Well, with Nicole & Azan we know that Nicole's end of the conversations were various versions of, "I love you.  Do you love me?  How much do you love me?  Really?  I love you, too."  With Chantel & Pedro it was stumbling over bad pronunciations & bad translations of both English & Spanish, and then when they were together, just really hot sex.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Kath94 said:

Well, with Nicole & Azan we know that Nicole's end of the conversations were various versions of, "I love you.  Do you love me?  How much do you love me?  Really?  I love you, too."  With Chantel & Pedro it was stumbling over bad pronunciations & bad translations of both English & Spanish, and then when they were together, just really hot sex.

Don’t forgot “ I want a kiss” “Do you want to kiss me” “ i want you to kiss me”

and the biggie “I think you want it” 

i doubt Azan is very original. 

• Love 1