Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

(edited)
29 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Bethenny is late forties at this point. Carole is early fifties, Luann and Dorinda are closer to 60 than 50, Ramona is 60-61, and I'd peg Sonja 58-62 range. Tinsley is early 40s. They need a few women closer to Tinsley's age.

23 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Tinsley is 42, Bethenny 47, Lu and Dorinda are 53, Carole and Sonja are 54 and Ramona is 61.

Sorry I missed seeing your responses when the page changed.  

I'm glad to see that I wasn't the only one thinking Sonja was older than she is. 

29 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

23 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

My iPad hates me today! 

Edited by AnnA
Just now, AnnA said:

Thank you.    I only had one wrong - Sonja.    My bad!   I thought she was in her 60's.    

So do you think they should bring in a few 30 somethings? 

Sonja is so addled that it's natural to think she's older than her actual age.

I think age 37 - 43 is about right. Much younger and the older women often dismiss them as silly. And the younger the woman, the more important it is for her to have children. That tends to be a thing they throw in each other's faces. If she's younger with kids AND a career, so much the better. As much as the women constantly try to redefine "success" they still come at each other with the same retrograde bullshit "you don't have a huzzbin", "you don't know what it's like to be a mother", and "you've never worked."

• Love 4

My original math comment was assuming Carole and Adam would have a 20 year relationship (thinking she would live until she was in her 70's), she would die, and he would then still be young enough for another relationship with a child bearing years woman and not that Adam would have children with another woman while in a relationship with Carole.

Right - I think we're on the same page actually. My point, that perhaps I didn't explain well, is that Adam might not want to be 45-50 and having a baby for the first time. It means being sixty at your kid's eighth grade graduation, and possibly not living to see grandchildren. If kids are important to Adam, he might not want to wait until he's Carole's age to have the kids. 

Since I just watched the He owns Red Bar scene in the restaurant with Ramona, Tinsley and Carole, where Ramona is planning Carole's party I have to say Nope, I will always want Ramona on tv. She was adorable talking to him and then still talking about him while thinking she had hung up. I have always been team Ramona, faults, flaws and all. 

Don't get me wrong, I find Ramona to always be hilarious viewing. I just would still watch if she left.

• Love 2
(edited)
28 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Sonja is so addled that it's natural to think she's older than her actual age.

I think age 37 - 43 is about right. Much younger and the older women often dismiss them as silly. And the younger the woman, the more important it is for her to have children. That tends to be a thing they throw in each other's faces. If she's younger with kids AND a career, so much the better. As much as the women constantly try to redefine "success" they still come at each other with the same retrograde bullshit "you don't have a huzzbin", "you don't know what it's like to be a mother", and "you've never worked."

You're so right about Sonja!

It's probably because I'm older than dirt but the word "housewives" means something entirely different to me than what Bravo gives us.     At least half the women should be married; some should have young children and almost all of them should have a career.   Women who lunch, get drunk and quarrel all the time isn't always entertaining. 

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 6

I like the cast the way it is and I'm quite enjoying watching the Bethenny/Carole break-up.  Bethenny is lucky that Luann, Sonja and to a certain extent, Ramona, are forgiving people.  She's pretty much alienated all of them at some point and now they're her only allies.

• Love 9
On 5/17/2018 at 5:08 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Your entire post was so exciting I really had to force myself to read it all before clicking the heart.  Loved it

Also, every time the editors show Luann singing "Money Can't buy you Claa, asss."  I am HYSTERICAL.  I love it.  And I think I mean that unironically.

I kind of have a hate on for anyone who tells anyone else to stop singing.  If you don't like it, move away and don't listen.  Singing makes people happy.  People (apparently, allegedly) pay to hear Luann sing and do cabaret, whatever that may be - more power to her and them.  It makes her happy, it makes them happy, it makes me laugh (shrugs shoulders).  I think anyone and everyone should sing, whether they can carry a tune or not.  As long as it's like, not in someone's house where they don't want to hear it.

I had a boyfriend once tell me to stop singing when I was 14.  I have been married for nearly 30 years and my husband has only heard me singing once.  That was when I didn't know he was there.  My voice is apparently not bad (or he is just being sweet) but I know now that boyfriend was a total dick who if I ever saw him again might get a kick in the junk.  I agree.  I don't think she is a great singer but she clearly enjoys it and there are people who want to listen so who am I to say knock it off?  

On 5/17/2018 at 5:49 PM, zoeysmom said:

Back when I first heard of the fearsome foursome vacationing together my first thought was Bethenny and Dennis would have to pay someone to vacation with them because they are such bloody blowhards.  

I really don't think Bethenny cared about whether or not Adam went to Houston.  I do think as many have pointed out that Adam had been on the receiving end of three five star resort vacations and maybe he could humor Bethenny and her ego.  I began to wonder if perhaps if Adam said yes to Houston, it would start a chain of appearances.  Adam may also not necessarily agree with Bethenny's methods or care to be around her for extended periods of time serving her. I think Carole may be a tad bit overprotective of Adam.  Last season Bethenny was puzzled by their relationship, Adam moving out instead of making a deeper commitment.   

Carole seems to be more steamed that Bethenny contacted Adam without her knowledge.  That of course is its own level of weird.

It is almost as if it was so much easier when everyone just talked about Tom.  

Geez today we learned Luann caught Tom in bed with another woman right before the Reunion filmed effectively ending their marriage, a pre-Count Luann dated Keith Hernandez and it is almost miraculous Carole's blog is bypassing all these tidbits of gossip.  

WHAT??????  Man I am behind!

• Love 6
On 5/17/2018 at 7:28 PM, QuinnM said:

The scene with Carol and Tinsley talking so horrid about Sonja sitting across the table had to bring memories back for Bethenny.  I wonder if her defense of Sonja is about her shame over that previous behavior.

I could almost forgive Carol/Bethenny for the food talk at dinner because Jules had cooked silverware in her calzone.  But the way they behaved at the breakfast at Jules home in the Hamptons was shocking.  I just don’t know how Jules husband didn’t toss them out on their ears.  

But the common thread in the smack talk across the table seems to be Carol.  Isn’t she embarrassed when she sees it?  Back during the Aviva ghostwriter episode I kept thinking if Carole would just shut up this wouldn’t be such a big deal.  And she just got nastier and nastier.  That whole thing ended up being all anyone talks about.  Did Carol have a ghostwriter?  For all the talk about her blog being such a shade masterpiece she really didn’t bring it home.  She kept losing focus.  What does Bethenny calling Adam have to do with anything?  Behind your back?  How old are you, 13?  You have all that material that Bethenny gave you and you waste capital on ‘behind my back’?  I think she needs to call her old editor (ghostwriter) because she is frittering away some golden opportunities here.

Agreed!  And Jules was acting kinda nutty.   Bethenny hit a nerve with Carole and I am waiting to see Bethenny's response.  As someone without kids and no real responsibility besides work I can see how Bethenny's remark about C/T would hit a nerve but I don't think she actually meant to be a bitch (this time).  If she was I think she may have been a bit more snarky and cutting.  A lady I used to work with used to call me one of the rich and childless.  Bugged the crap out of me.  I was not rich (still not rich) and it made me WANT to hit back with well, at least I didn't have kids I couldn't afford like you but kept it zipped since we were friends.  Sometimes the intent is not bad no matter how sloppy it sounds.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, AnnA said:

OK. I agree about teenagers but the "to hell with having real friends, being a real friend, finding real love,"......being a good parent to (and for) your daughter."  part didn't say that.

I know Carole doesn't have the money Bethenny has which is why I disagreed with you saying Bethenny needs Carole.   It sounds to me like Carole needed Bethenny to pay for her vacations. 

Because you have to love your child more than you hate your ex and I don't think Bethenny understands that (same for Jason).

5 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I actually think Carole and Tinsley getting closer predated PR. They were already starting to really bond at the end of LAST season. Personally, I think it was because Tinsley started dating Carole and Adam's friend, Scott. They became this foursome and were doing a LOT of stuff together. THEN the hurricanes hit, and B got busy, widening the already growing distance between them. 

I'm just confused as to what she's supposed to thank her for. The grey ice cubes? The lack of hot water? The creepy dolls staring at her while she sleeps? Should she thank Sonja for yelling at her when the intern had to -gasp- accept a package delivered for Tinsley????

No matter when they, C/T, got closer the fact is that at the time of filming, Carole still thought she and Bethenny were as tight as ever. She had no clue that Bethenny was done with her.

4 hours ago, weaver said:

I think one of the reasons Bethenny glommed onto Carole in the beginning is that Carole and Andy were good friends.  She really couldn't afford to make Carole an enemy at that time.  Wasn't that around the time she lost her Sirius show because of her imperious behavior in the Hamptons.  Andy had hooked her up with Sirius.  Carole seems to be much shyer as far as integrating herself into an established group, plus Bethenny is funny and caustic, just as Carole is, so Bethenny was a natural ally.  Let's face it the rest of the cast didn't have a chance against that duo.  Even Heather was thrown to the wolves, and Heather is one strong woman (climbing the Himalayas now).   

I like Jill, but I don't want her on the show again.   I guess "life after Bobby" might be a tempting storyline for Andy, though.  I was thinking that Bethenny might not return next year.  She really has no friends on the show.  But then again, where would she shill her Skinny Girl jeans.  

Bethenny and Carole got close B's first season back on the show and by the time Heather left, they, B/C, had merged into bff territory. Bethenny and Andy are equally close and have been since Bethenny joined the show over a decade ago. Bethenny's returned to the show in 2015 (filming would have been 2014) and her Sirius contract was to start in 2016, so she/Carole were already good friends when she lost that contract.

Bethenny has talked about "cutting back" on some things but I doubt she will ever give up this show, she knows she needs it to keep her SG sales going. 

• Love 5
On May 17, 2018 at 5:30 PM, weaver said:

When Carol refers to B’s “minor success as a caterer,” I couldnt help but think of Kelly’s “you are not a chef, Bethenny, you are a cook.”   

How about Kelly telling Bethenny "you are down here, and I am up here"?  I absolutely hated Kelly after that remark.  Who's "up here" now you stupid bitch.  What is she doing with her life now, still running in the streets of N.Y.?  These people that have been so mean to Bethenny when she was starting out should be out of the picture.  That goes for Jill Zarin too.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Because you have to love your child more than you hate your ex and I don't think Bethenny understands that (same for Jason)

Wow!   You cannot possibly know how much Bethenny loves or hates anything  or anyone.  I think it's best if we don't get into it so let's just agree to disagree.

37 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

How about Kelly telling Bethenny "you are down here, and I am up here"?  I absolutely hated Kelly after that remark.  Who's "up here" now you stupid bitch.  What is she doing with her life now, still running in the streets of N.Y.?  These people that have been so mean to Bethenny when she was starting out should be out of the picture.  That goes for Jill Zarin too.

Amen!  

I'd give anything to see Bethenny say "who's 'up here' now you stupid bitch" to Kelly's face. 

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 7
(edited)
10 hours ago, noveltylibrary said:

Could be!  I chortled at her utter shock and dismay at his dating someone else.  Coffee-sex is not a commitment, sorrynotsorry ?

That cookbook was a big farce.  Personally, I think Carole is a little lazy ..she appears that way to me anyhow.

I really shouldn't say that as filming w Bravo is her job, I guess.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 4

Speaking of jobs.  Did Carole's article appear in Cosmopolitan?  These episodes were filmed months ago.  I don't read Cosmo .. I'm not young enough to read how to do it, where to do it, and all that sex talk that mag puts out. Haha.  Maybe Sonja and Luann would.  They could learn some new tricks for their next boyfriends.  Ugh.

1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

I always interpreted Kelly's remark to mean that Bethenny was petty and catty (like making the little digs at Kelly at Jill's charity meeting), but Bethenny read it as a dig about class and kind of turned into it so that she could label Kelly a snob rather than take accountability for her own behavior. I remember scenes where Kelly would give Bethenny a brief "hi" and keep moving and Bethenny would respond as if she had been ignored, almost exactly as she did in a recent episode when Carole and Tinsley were chatting and Bethenny got up to go to the bathroom claiming that they didn't know that she was there. I think that Bethenny is deeply insecure and tends to read things as personal slights when sometimes they're just not about her. 

• Love 8
42 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Wow!   You cannot possibly know how much Bethenny loves or hates anything  or anyone.  I think it's best if we don't get into it so let's just agree to disagree.

Amen!  

I'd give anything to see Bethenny say "who's up here now you stupid bitch" to Kelly's face. 

I am sure there is a significant part of the cast that would like to say what Kelly said to Bethenny.  There is a certain amount of irony on how things go full circle.  Kelly was responding to Bethenny making a crack about how a newly introduced Kelly to the group wasn't sure about lending her name to a charity (Jill's).  Bethenny response was to say who does she think she is Madonna?  Fast forward ahead about ten years and the newest receivers of Betehnny's snappy retort is none other than Dorinda.  Once again at a charity planning event and Bethenny minimizing Richard Medley.  Oh well it all goes full circle.  

Just now, Portae said:

I always interpreted Kelly's remark to mean that Bethenny was petty and catty (like making the little digs at Kelly at Jill's charity meeting), but Bethenny read it as a dig about class and kind of turned into it so that she could label Kelly a snob rather than take accountability for her own behavior. I remember scenes where Kelly would give Bethenny a brief "hi" and keep moving and Bethenny would respond as if she had been ignored, almost exactly as she did in a recent episode when Carole and Tinsley were chatting and Bethenny got up to go to the bathroom claiming that they didn't know that she was there. I think that Bethenny is deeply insecure and tends to read things as personal slights when sometimes they're just not about her. 

That is what Kelly intended and Bethenny was able to flip it on Kelly.

Bethenny use to berate people for not remember meeting her-including Jill's chiropractor.  And of course Kelly.

• Love 8

Housewive's of N.Y.

Bethenny -    CEO Skinny Girl, charities

Carole -          Sleeps till 2 p.m.  Goes to brunch in pajamas. (Didn't do laundry)

Luann -.          Cabaret Singer

Sonja -             Looks for free lunch, also reads self-help books "How to entice handymen".

Tinsley -           Nursery School  1-4 p.m.

Ramona -          Party planner and antique glassware shopper.

Dorinda -.          A.M. Anger Management classes.  -  P.M.  AA classes.

• Love 16
10 hours ago, AnnA said:
11 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I don't think Bethenny understands what a real relationship is, be it a marriage, a friend or a parent and I don't think she is interested in finding out either. She likes the way she is, after all, she is a millionaire and semi famous because of it. So the hell with having real friends, being a real friend, finding real love, giving real love and possible, being a good parent to (and for) your daughter. God Help Bryn as she grows up and starts into those challenging teen years!

Carole traveled well before Bethenny came into her life and I am sure that will continue as she/Adam were just in Dubai. I have to wonder who Bethenny will pick to be her colon's roommate for next season? LOL

I rarely hold back from expressing my opinion but I will refrain from responding to your comments about Bryn.   I don't watch all the HW shows but based on those I've seen, the HWs are good mothers and care about their children.

I don't doubt that Bethenny loves Bryn, but I also think that Bethenny is an insecure narcissist who will likely interpret Bryn's normal adolescent boundary testing as personal slights, and respond as she would to anyone else lobbing a personal attach at her. As much as she may hate to acknowledge it, I think that it's highly likely that Bethenny internalized a fair amount of her own mother's toxic parenting style. And, without proper introspection and therapy, she's likely to repeat at least some of her mother's own problematic behavior. 

• Love 15
8 minutes ago, Portae said:

I don't doubt that Bethenny loves Bryn, but I also think that Bethenny is an insecure narcissist who will likely interpret Bryn's normal adolescent boundary testing as personal slights, and respond as she would to anyone else lobbing a personal attach at her. As much as she may hate to acknowledge it, I think that it's highly likely that Bethenny internalized a fair amount of her own mother's toxic parenting style. And, without proper introspection and therapy, she's likely to repeat at least some of her mother's own problematic behavior. 

It's more than just parenting. Bethenny has learned all of Bernadette's toxic interpersonal skills. I think we could honestly take a bunch of Bernadette's quotes disparaging Bethenny, remove the "my daughter", and we'd likely think Bethenny said them.

Who said this:

"She is a moron."*

--Bernadette

"She has a very disease called moron-opathy."

--Bethenny

"She got very lucky and she just knows how to surround herself with people who are intelligent."

--Bernadette

*I'm sure Bethenny has said this many times in the show too.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I think getting a trip comped to Dubai is pretty simple if you are a Bravolebrity.  The woman from Ladies of London lives there and Dorinda is tight with Carol Stansbury.   I think Dubai wants all the RH franchises to film in Dubai.  I noticed the Dubai gang didn't invite Ramona.  We all know how she hates to be left out.

Carole is ranking on Bethenny and her five star resorts as she dispatches her blog from her luxury suite in Dubai.   

I seriously doubt that their rooms at the Burj al Arab were comped.  The Burj al Arab is an ultra-exclusive hotel and is owned by the Jumeirah Group (which is owned by Sheikh Mohammed Al Maktoum—the ruler of Dubai).  This hotel is regularly frequented by legit celebrities (Bieber just stayed there a month or so ago when he did a concert in Dubai).  You can’t even get onto the property of the hotel (it is on its own island) without a room or dining reservation.  Trust me, they would actually probably prefer that the Bravolebrities did NOT stay there (which is probably why the RHOBH trip stayed at the Atlantis The Palm instead of one of the Jumeirah Group hotels). 

• Love 2
(edited)

We got a tiny preview of Tinz's ability as a screamer.  Oh, I know it well cuz a good friend of mine was at the other end of Tinz's screeching in her face in a drunken tirade.  Ah, but this was years ago -- and before Tinz pissed off so many in NYC & fled to PB.

One thing I'll give Bethenny is she's clever about what makes for good TV -- and what'll keep her front & center on the show.  Carole kinda said that in her Bravo blog & she's right.  I mean, she could be poking at Carole for several reasons.  Maybe she's sick of Carole & her follower/puppet routine.  Or maybe she's thinking it'll make good TV if she taunts Carole -- like Veevs did years ago, except 50 times worse.  Er, but . . . isn't that a really awful thing to do to someone who has been a loyal friend?  Eh, maybe she's taunting Carole just cuz she's mean & terrible & evil & horrible & she enjoys it.  And the fact that she's been a true friend to her is meaningless because she's so evil.  Hmmmm.

I suspect Bethenny has been looking for an excuse to poke at Tinz -- and get her to reveal who she really is.  Look, I've said this before.  I think Tinz (in her time thus far on the show) has been mostly reserved & she's tried hard to squelch her real personality.  Ah, but I know why Tinz fled to PB all those years ago.  She made so many enemies in NYC with her reprehensible behavior, she was kinda urban legend.  If I know this, Bethenny must know it too.  Just to be clear what I'm saying about Tinz -- remember the ep of Sex and the City where Samantha pisses off the wrong connected person & she gets banished wherever she goes?  This is what happened to Tinz!

But the thing is, I'm OK with Bethenny outing Tinz on who she is & getting her to scream & fight.  To me, Tinz is being a big ole phony & I'm good with Bethenny outing her & going after her.  But this stuff with Carole is nauseating.  She was a good friend to her.  We saw that.  To turn on her for no reason is nasty.  It's reminding me a bit of what Jill did to her -- but with way more cruelty mixed in.

Jeez, when Bethenny starts in with her cruelty & in the same ep, it's mixed up with the wonderful stuff she's doing in PR, it's such a contradiction, my head feels like it's gonna explode.  Is she trying to prove to us an evil person can be philanthropic & still do good?  Having a hard time processing this . . .

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

Speaking of jobs.  Did Carole's article appear in Cosmopolitan?  These episodes were filmed months ago.  I don't read Cosmo .. I'm not young enough to read how to do it, where to do it, and all that sex talk that mag puts out. Haha.  Maybe Sonja and Luann would.  They could learn some new tricks for their next boyfriends.  Ugh.

Wasn't the conversation that it would appear in the "March" issue?  I would think that was March 2018?

• Love 2
(edited)

I actually think Bethany and Carole are a case of being too much alike. Or to be more accurate, a case of two people having very similar weaknesses, but different strengths. I say this as someone who has always liked Bethany a lot and has hated Carole since her first episode, but I can see that this is both of them playing into a dynamic that was bound to blow up for them. So weaknesses: they both like to feel like the smartest person in the room. They are both very quick to criticize others for things that are none of their business, but extremely thin skinned about receiving critism. They also both have a tendency to like or dislike people based on how much that person does or doesn’t agree with them. I also don’t think either of them has many deep relationships, everyone is kept at a distance.

So they have all these faults in common which would be one thing, but their strengths are actually very different. Carole’s strength lies in her ability to be alone (alone, not independent. They are different and I don’t think Carole is particularly independent). Bethany’s strength is her work ethic. These are really different and they are not shared. I don’t think Bethany likes actually being alone with herself and I think Carole is lazy as fuck. So when it comes right down to it they reflect each others worst qualities to each other while not really being in tune with each others best qualities. I think that was bound for a blow up once the novelty of snarking in the other ladies wore off.

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 7

I just can't with So's feeling left out and hurt by Tins.  So was pretty awful to Tins when she lived with So.  She was also awful after she left....declaring that Scot paid for Tin's hotel room and the gift card.  Tins may not have given the subtle gratitude that So deserved but let's not forget that So got a lot more viewing time with Tins living with her.  Does anyone doubt that So got extra coin for housing Tins?  Nope.  No sympathy for So.

Yeah, Carole is lazy.  I think that Anthony's death really affected her.  Couple that with John and Carolyn's death.  That stuff really can affect people.  I get it.  I don't like Carole.  Yet, at the same time, I get that what she's been through had to be devastating.  As far as Adam goes, I understand that you may not want to be with a person for so many possible years without children and when that's over have children.   Carole could live to be ninety five.  For some people having children would be a deal breaker.  I get it.  I do think they care for one another but sometimes it just doesn't work because....

I don't know what really happened between Beth and Carole.  It 'seems' that Beth is really pissed at Adam for turning down the trip to Texas.  That would explain why Carole is in the dark.  I don't think that Carole knew that Adam turned Beth down when they were filming.  I could be wrong or Carole didn't think it was a big deal.  I do know that Beth holds grudges and turning down Beth is a big deal with 'her'.  I think we'll know more next episode.

• Love 6
51 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

I seriously doubt that their rooms at the Burj al Arab were comped.  The Burj al Arab is an ultra-exclusive hotel and is owned by the Jumeirah Group (which is owned by Sheikh Mohammed Al Maktoum—the ruler of Dubai).  This hotel is regularly frequented by legit celebrities (Bieber just stayed there a month or so ago when he did a concert in Dubai).  You can’t even get onto the property of the hotel (it is on its own island) without a room or dining reservation.  Trust me, they would actually probably prefer that the Bravolebrities did NOT stay there (which is probably why the RHOBH trip stayed at the Atlantis The Palm instead of one of the Jumeirah Group hotels). 

No offense to Dubai but I don't see this group of New Yorkers who are related only by work going into their own pockets to go to Dubai unless there was something in it for them.  I see the rooms run $1,000.00 a night-on Expedia maybe Adam could afford to take a day or two off work, plop down some airfare and practice some culture appropriation. ;-D.  The hotel doesn't necessarily have to comp the hotels, someone else may have a trade out account with the hotel.

The response was actually to the unlikelihood that Scott would pick up the tab for this group.   I do not find Dubai all that selective when it comes to American celebrities.  See Paris Hilton, and Lindsay Lohen.

• Love 12

Color me surprised to see Karen Duffy turn up on this show.  She's been front & center in NYC high society for many, many years.  I was a bit confused.  Was that scene in Karen Duffy's townhouse?  I thought at first they were in a restaurant or hotel.  Sheesh, it seems like EVERY scene this season is in some restaurant.  Anyhoo, if that was Karen Duffy's townhouse . .  um, DAYUM!  Now that's a freakin' townhouse!  Uh, Sonja's is a cramped, weensy dump in comparison, eh?

And btw, she's probably known as "Duff" ONLY to her close friends cuz I've never seen or heard anyone casually refer to her that way.  So clearly Carole does know her well.  You know, because Carole lives downtown & generally acts like such a disconnected oddball (on the show), I forgot about her Kennedy connection (and even her Lee Radziwell connection) and that she (like Tinz) probably does know many in the NYC high society set.  And Bethenny, I would bet, knows nobody in this crowd.  So there's something else Carole has in common with Tinz, that she wouldn't have with Bethenny.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Bethenny and Carole got close B's first season back on the show and by the time Heather left, they, B/C, had merged into bff territory. Bethenny and Andy are equally close and have been since Bethenny joined the show over a decade ago. Bethenny's returned to the show in 2015 (filming would have been 2014) and her Sirius contract was to start in 2016, so she/Carole were already good friends when she lost that contract.

Bethenny has talked about "cutting back" on some things but I doubt she will ever give up this show, she knows she needs it to keep her SG sales going. 

But Andy and Carole have a long time relationship.  He'd been trying to get her on the show for ages.  My point was one of the reasons Bethenny cozied up to Carole in the beginning was the Andy/Carole friendship.  Carole/Bethenny then made a formidable duo on the show against the others.  Now that Carole has broken this off, I think the others feel quite free to be Bethenny's "enemy" for show and personal purposes.  I'd be really uncomfortable on the show if I were Bethenny because she takes things so personally.  But as we both said, its her platform for advertising the jeans, so I doubt she'll leave.  Carole has no reason to leave because she has Tinsley, she's having fun, and the money is nice.  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Color me surprised to see Karen Duffy turn up on this show.  She's been front & center in NYC high society for many, many years.  I was a bit confused.  Was that scene in Karen Duffy's townhouse?  I thought at first they were in a restaurant or hotel.  Sheesh, it seems like EVERY scene this season is in some restaurant.  Anyhoo, if that was Karen Duffy's townhouse . .  um, DAYUM!  Now that's a freakin' townhouse!  Uh, Sonja's is a cramped, weensy dump in comparison, eh?

And btw, she's probably known as "Duff" ONLY to her close friends cuz I've never seen or heard anyone casually refer to her that way.  So clearly Carole does know her well.  You know, because Carole lives downtown & generally acts like such a disconnected oddball (on the show), I forgot about her Kennedy connection (and even her Lee Radziwell connection) and that she (like Tinz) probably does know many in the NYC high society set.  And Bethenny, I would bet, knows nobody in this crowd.  So there's something else Carole has in common with Tinz, that she wouldn't have with Bethenny.

She was known as Duff for years on MTV.  

• Love 6
On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:37 PM, Kemper said:

While watching last night, Mr. Kemper asked me why on earth I watch this show.  Then on came Lu, Sonja and Ramona in those haz mat suits to paint.  I burst out laughing and told him THAT was why I watch.  It was just so ridiculous...the three of them all suited up to wield a few paintbrushes.  !!  Have they never heard of spray paint?  Cleaning the furniture first?  Only in the Upper East Side.  If that is where Sonja's house it.  

Unpopular opinion, but I love Sonja's house.  Great bones!  Yes, it needs a lot of work and updating.  Ok, maybe a lot.  But with a good cleaning and some redecorating, it really would be gorgeous.  

I thought they were planning to cook meth. Then they picked up paint brushes to dab at bird-shit.....too funny.

• Love 6
(edited)
On 5/18/2018 at 10:03 PM, WireWrap said:

Actually, Bethenny did grow up fairly well to do, Yes, she had a lousy childhood but it wasn't the worst childhood by far. Her father and then her step father paid her rent for her NY apartment when the show first started. Bethenny had a far more privileged childhood than Carole did, including private schooling. Take half of what Bethenny tells you about her childhood and throw it out the window because she is exaggerating it for effect/sympathy. Carole/siblings grew up pure middle class, Bethenny was the Princess.

B grew up with more wealth and privilege than anyone on the current NY Housewives cast.  Perhaps Tinsley has a little bit more preppy provenance in an old money way but Bethenny arguably could have had more connections than Tinsley did through the fame of her father. I said 100% by my theory that Bethenny inherited a great deal of money and or property from her father's death.  

On 5/19/2018 at 12:02 AM, Reality police said:

Sorry, I read the bolded part in Beverly Leslie's voice. 

Well well well Beverly Leslie! What a beautiful beautiful  3 '9" thought I  love it. 

On 5/19/2018 at 4:12 AM, Happy Camper said:

If Carole had referenced the bad press reports regarding Dennis, I am fairly sure that Bethenny would have gone mad.

By the way, is Dennis divorced yet? Hasn't he been separated from his wife for 2 years now?

Bethenny went mad during last reunion when Luanne stated that Bethany is dating a married man which technically she was/is. Bethany's madness over that fact also spilled into this season at the dinner where Dennis is wearing the ugly sweater. Bethenny did go mad. And is still dating a married man. Bethenny has a diff standard.  

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 10
(edited)
On 5/18/2018 at 10:48 PM, Persnickety1 said:

I am a hardcore carnivorous bitch, and I dated a vegetarian dude who was way up on the PETA food chain (<--- see what I did there?) and was quite a prominent animal rights activist, all over the news multiple times for being arrested for protecting mother nature and her creatures (specifically lab research animals but all in general).

His affiliation with me did not undermine nor deter his activism.  He's still a high-profile activist and I'm still a hardcore carnivore.

I wouldn't assume that because Bethenny has friends who have made the choice to wear fur that it makes her "wishy washy at best."  

Perhaps it just means she has tried to educate these people about fur and has decided to live and let live, such as my activist friend.    

Eating meat and wearing fur are completely different though. Anti-fur people do (rightly so) judge people a lot for supporting that industry, but vegetarians, even the hard-core ones will not be as bothered by other people´s food choices. Making friends with someone who does lab experiments on animals or loves to wear fur will be impossible for most animal welfare supporters, while interacting as friends with those who love eating hamburgers or even those who hunt their own food is okay for most. However, I understand and agree with you that we don´t know where Beth stands now, or if she ever was all that committed or not. Her social circle probably involves extremely many rich "ladies" who enjoy their disgusting furs, and it was probably easiest to just let that stuff go. I should not judge her for that.

Edited by halkatla
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

No offense to Dubai but I don't see this group of New Yorkers who are related only by work going into their own pockets to go to Dubai unless there was something in it for them.  I see the rooms run $1,000.00 a night-on Expedia maybe Adam could afford to take a day or two off work, plop down some airfare and practice some culture appropriation. ;-D.  The hotel doesn't necessarily have to comp the hotels, someone else may have a trade out account with the hotel.

The response was actually to the unlikelihood that Scott would pick up the tab for this group.   I do not find Dubai all that selective when it comes to American celebrities.  See Paris Hilton, and Lindsay Lohen.

No, Dubai isn’t particularly picky but Burj Al Arab is.  They aren’t going to comp the rooms for D-list.  I’m suspecting someone else paid for the vacation. 

As far as Paris and Lindsey...  From what I’ve always heard, they were here as part of the yachting group (i.e., high price hookers). 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

No, Dubai isn’t particularly picky but Burj Al Arab is.  They aren’t going to comp the rooms for D-list.  I’m suspecting someone else paid for the vacation. 

As far as Paris and Lindsey...  From what I’ve always heard, they were here as part of the yachting group (i.e., high price hookers). 

Paris Hilton has sold over 2 billion in perfume-she does not need to turn tricks to get an invitation to a yacht.  It is how they achieve fame that seems to provide the stench that surrounds their name.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

I actually think Bethany and Carole are a case of being too much alike. Or to be more accurate, a case of two people having very similar weaknesses, but different strengths. I say this as someone who has always liked Bethany a lot and has hated Carole since her first episode, but I can see that this is both of them playing into a dynamic that was bound to blow up for them. So weaknesses: they both like to feel like the smartest person in the room. They are both very quick to criticize others for things that are none of their business, but extremely thin skinned about receiving critism. They also both have a tendency to like or dislike people convince or on how much that person does or doesn’t agree with them. I also don’t think either of them has many deep relationships, everyone is kept at a distance.

So they have all these faults in common which would be one thing, but their strengths are actually very different. Carole’s strength lies in her ability to be alone (alone, not independent. They are different and I don’t think Carole is particularly independent). Bethany’s strength is her work ethic. These are really different and they are not shared. I don’t think Bethany likes actually being alone with herself and I think Carole is lazy as fuck. So when it comes right down to it they reflect each others worst qualities to each other while not really being in tune with each others best qualities. I think that was bound for a blow up once the novelty of snarking in the other ladies wore off.

After Carol ran the marathon, she said  that one of the reasons it was such an accomplishment for her was because she had to do it all by herself. She made a comment that this was the first thing she had done by herself, without help from anyone, which made me wonder about her career. It just kind of rubbed me the wrong way, because I worked my ass off, on my own, to get to where I am. 

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, halkatla said:

Eating meat and wearing fur are completely different though. Anti-fur people do (rightly so) judge people a lot for supporting that industry, but vegetarians, even the hard-core ones will not be as bothered by other people´s food choices. Making friends with someone who does lab experiments on animals or loves to wear fur will be impossible for most animal welfare supporters, while interacting as friends with those who love eating hamburgers or even those who hunt their own food is okay for most. However, I understand and agree with you that we don´t know where Beth stands now, or if she ever was all that committed or not. Her social circle probably involves extremely many rich "ladies" who enjoy their disgusting furs, and it was probably easiest to just let that stuff go. I should not judge her for that.

One question -no offense intended at all : A -deceased- friend of my mother give her through her will the fur coat his -also deceased, longtime before her- husband offered to her, when they were finally starting being successful in life -he was a dentist- in order to "avoir her being cold ever".

My mother -sill alive- offered me this coat, as a symbol, because I loved her deceased friend and the story behind it. This coat has been purchased in 1969, year of my birth....

Am I a "bad" person for loving it and wearing it when it's freezing cold ?

ETA : It's a real question ! Because it's a quite 50 y.o. coat, the "ethic" was diferent at this time and still wearing a 50y.o. coat is quite "sustainable", if that makes sense...

Edited by Diane Mars
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Right.  Every time I look at Carole, I immediately think "Kennedy".  I really don't know why she is even on a Housewive's show to begin with.

On 5/19/2018 at 12:55 AM, HunterHunted said:

Well it's now reached the View.

Bethenny and Sunny Hostin are in the midst of a Twitter Feud over Bethenny's charity work in PR. Sunny felt like it was a bit self-serving. Not the work, but Bethenny's need to take photographers and videographers with her. And then...It erupted. 

This is why people question Bethenny's motives. How the fuck would Bethenny know all of the work going on there? Her use of the word "substantial" is only there to demean Sunny's efforts. STFU Bethenny. I don't know what Sunny has or hasn't done for PR, but Bethenny only needed to respond with what her reasons were for bringing photographers along (hopefully it's to provide photographic evidence about how dire the situation was) and commend Sunny for her efforts. It's not that fucking hard and Bethenny should know better by now.  She's been a tv personality for 13 years. She should know better.

http://people.com/tv/bethenny-frankel-sunny-hostin-twitter-feud/amp/

B didn't need to respond with reasons for the photos/video.  Many people didn't even know PR was still suffering before seeing them!  She's responding in kind to the 'self-serving' dig from this woman I'd never heard of, likely because I avoid The View at all costs.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Right.  Every time I look at Carole, I immediately think "Kennedy".  I really don't know why she is even on a Housewive's show to begin with.

Just don't tell her that!

'I have to correct people when they say, 'Oh, you're married into the Kennedy family,'' she said.

''No, I married into the Radziwill family.' It was a point of honor for me.' 

• Love 3
(edited)
29 minutes ago, noveltylibrary said:

B didn't need to respond with reasons for the photos/video.  Many people didn't even know PR was still suffering before seeing them!  She's responding in kind to the 'self-serving' dig from this woman I'd never heard of, likely because I avoid The View at all costs.

Sunny's argument was that the cameras were there solely to publicize Bethenny and not the plight in PR. This makes the discussion of their purpose germane. These were her options:

1. Bethenny could ignore the dig.
  2. Bethenny could respond about the reasons she brought the photo and video crew--to raise awareness. This would counter the dig about being self-serving.
  3. Bethenny could go nuclear and attack Sunny Hostin's work in PR.

Bethenny chose 3. It was a dumb choice.

I don't watch The View either, but it has higher ratings than RHoNY by a lot. It's not like Sunny is a nobody to a significant number of people.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, HunterHunted said:

Sunny's argument was that the cameras were there solely to publicize Bethenny and not the plight in PR. This makes the discussion of their purpose germane. These were her options:

1. Bethenny could ignore the dig.
  2. Bethenny could respond about the reasons she brought the photo and video crew--to raise awareness. This would counter the dig about being self-serving.
  3. Bethenny could go nuclear and attack Sunny Hostin's work in PR.

Bethenny chose 3. It was a dumb choice.

I don't watch The View either, but it has higher ratings than RHoNY by a lot. It's not like Sunny is a nobody to a significant number of people.

I agree it was the dumb choice, I just think she didn't have to explain herself.  I'd react pretty strongly to 'self-serving' too.  And actually it wasn't even that bad of a response, given we know what she's capable of imo.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, WireWrap said:

matter when they, C/T, got closer the fact is that at the time of filming, Carole still thought she and Bethenny were as tight as ever. She had no clue that Bethenny was done with her.

19 hours ago, weaver said:

Then she's insanely obtuse. She and Tinsley were thick as thieves. She and B hadn't really been hanging out. Sounds more like a mutual "being done with", to me. And if Carole thought she was "as tight as ever" with someone she barely hung out with, then she is truly delusional. 

10 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I just can't with So's feeling left out and hurt by Tins.  So was pretty awful to Tins when she lived with So.

And let's not forget how she didn't want to include Tinsley in her social group, but got all pissy if Tinsley met up with anyone without her. Sonja wanted to keep Tinsley in a tower, like Rapunzel. 

1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

After Carol ran the marathon, she said  that one of the reasons it was such an accomplishment for her was because she had to do it all by herself. She made a comment that this was the first thing she had done by herself, without help from anyone, which made me wonder about her career. It just kind of rubbed me the wrong way, because I worked my ass off, on my own, to get to where I am. 

Well, and is that even true? In regards to the race? I won't begrudge her completing it, and I won't criticize her time at all. But, while she actually "ran" alone, she did use a trainer beforehand. 

21 minutes ago, nexxie said:

I don’t care how much charity work Bethenny does (on camera) - she sucks.

The bulk of what she did never made it on the show. I understand why others don't like her. But I don't get the notion that she's helping just for the cameras. 

• Love 6
(edited)
12 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

It's not like Sunny is a nobody to a significant number of people.

I watch The View and continually see Sunny play her holier than thou role.  She's judgmental and this little catfight is going to be interesting.  I'm sure we haven't seen the end of it.

26 minutes ago, nexxie said:

I don’t care how much charity work Bethenny does (on camera) - she sucks.

Everyone in the world can think that Bethenny "sucks," but I'd bet there are hundreds (maybe more) of Puerto Ricans who will be forever grateful.  Isn't her coordination of assistance for them more important than what people think of her personality?

Edited by Former Nun
capitalization
  • Love 10
13 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I didn't mean to imply she was an unknown just because I never heard of her, I just wanted a chance to slam The View;). btw I see there is a history between these two when they rented next door to each other in the Hamptons--B yelling at her son, S going off on her and telling all about it on After the View.  

• Love 5
(edited)
30 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Everyone in the world can think that Bethenny "sucks," but I'd bet there are hundreds (maybe more) of Puerto Ricans who will be forever grateful.  Isn't her coordination of assistance for them more important than what people think of her personality?

Two different things - I’m glad she helped people but don’t need to see her nasty self on tv interacting with the other women. She sucks.

Edited by nexxie
I meant interacting with other cast members, not in PR
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, noveltylibrary said:

I didn't mean to imply she was an unknown just because I never heard of her, I just wanted a chance to slam The View;). btw I see there is a history between these two when they rented next door to each other in the Hamptons--B yelling at her son, S going off on her and telling all about it on After the View.

Well this round didn’t turn out so good for Sunny.  She was roundly slapped back by everyone who replied.  One did note that she shouldn’t make her own petty beef with B about the PR people.

5 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Two different things - I’m glad she helped people but don’t need to see her nasty self on tv interacting with others. She sucks.

BUT ... just like Lisa VP without being on tv there would be no visibility to create the change.  She was running a plane at a time and then Michael’s group reached out with a distribution network and asked her to work with them to get a ship through the FEMA embargo.  And Jose Andres is using his visibility to feed thousands as well.  All Sunny did was show up once with a film crew and flounce about then show it on her show.  So they are all the same.  But Sunny hates Bethenny so she made it about PR this time.  It would probably still be going on if Bethenny hadn’t shamed her by saying that children died in another school shooting and shouldn’t that be what we talk about.

• Love 10
(edited)
25 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

The bulk of what she did never made it on the show. I understand why others don't like her. But I don't get the notion that she's helping just for the cameras. 

It would’ve been great if she did a segment on camera to help get the word out (she may actually have done that online or for a news network), but in this case the footage wasn’t seen until many months after - and Bethenny can never do anything (business, charity or anything else) without blowing her own horn (loudly) by mentioning how much she’s done, how much money was involved, how NOBODY else was doing it, etc, etc., etc. 

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 9
(edited)
23 hours ago, nexxie said:

Bethenny can never do anything (business, charity or anything else) without blowing her own horn (loudly) by mentioning how much she’s done, how much money was involved, how NOBODY else was doing it, etc, etc., etc.

Let's let the people of Puerto Rico how much they care how loudly someone blows her own horn.  The benefits GREATLY outweigh any irritation.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 13
(edited)
1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

BUT ... just like Lisa VP without being on tv there would be no visibility to create the change.  She was running a plane at a time and then Michael’s group reached out with a distribution network and asked her to work with them to get a ship through the FEMA embargo.  And Jose Andres is using his visibility to feed thousands as well.  All Sunny did was show up once with a film crew and flounce about then show it on her show.  So they are all the same.  But Sunny hates Bethenny so she made it about PR this time.  It would probably still be going on if Bethenny hadn’t shamed her by saying that children died in another school shooting and shouldn’t that be what we talk about.

I edited my post to make it clear that I didn’t need to see Bethenny interacting with the other women on the show - didn’t mean with the people in PR.

1 hour ago, Former Nun said:

Let's the people of Puerto Rico how much they care how loudly someone blows her own horn.  The benefits GREATLY outweigh any irritation.

Again, two different things - I still wish she wasn’t part of this show.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 1