Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

(edited)
13 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Actually, Bethenny did grow up fairly well to do, Yes, she had a lousy childhood but it wasn't the worst childhood by far. Her father and then her step father paid her rent for her NY apartment when the show first started. Bethenny had a far more privileged childhood than Carole did, including private schooling. Take half of what Bethenny tells you about her childhood and throw it out the window because she is exaggerating it for effect/sympathy. Carole/siblings grew up pure middle class, Bethenny was the Princess.

Yes, Carole did go to these hard hit areas because it was her job but it still had an impact on her, whereas Bethenny didn't see that side of life until HH hit Houston. Good for Bethenny for all she has done in the areas destroyed by hurricanes/disasters.

That said, IMO, Carole's blog comments are due to the fact that Bethenny started trashing her/Adam behind their backs and on camera without saying 1 word to them that she was upset at them. She is really hurt/angry in her blogs/SM because she feels betrayed by Bethenny. You can see Carole's confusion in the show, she doesn't understand why Bethenny keeps jabbing her and I thinks we will start to see/hear what happened in the next few episodes. Oh, and remember, even though they all lived through filming, none of them have seen the complete episode or the THs until about a week before we see them, which can make HWs even angrier, including Carole.

Oh and just an FYI, Bethenny said on twitter this week that she "Only threw Sonja a bone because no one else was talking to her", which was a lie because Luann/Ramona were fine with Sonja at that point. Bethenny is playing games and I'm not sure why she is doing it but she needs to beware of pushing Carole too far. Carole knows too much for Bethenny to feel superior going after someone like she normally does. 

Just to be clear, I am no fan of Carole's, IMO, she and Bethenny deserve each other!

Agree to disagree.  In my mind, Carole having seen those places and not doing much to help while trashing Beth on the details in how she does so actually makes her look worse, not better.   I do agree that the brunt of this Carole Beth friendship deterioration is miscommunication but isn't that what's behind most arguments?  I really do think Carole latched on to Tinsley and Carole can be a bit of a sponge in that she gets REALLY close to people and then kind of mirrors their personalities.  We all know someone like that.  It's great when YOU'RE the friend she's latched on to, but it can suck when she ditches you for someone else.  So when she latched on to Tinsley (who Beth never cared much for) she suddenly became a bit more vapid, superficial and airheady, all of the traits Beth doesn't like in Tinsley.  So add that insult to Beth's existing injury from being ditched.  I mean, we all saw the hurt on Beth's face when she walked into that restaurant in the Hamptons and Carole and Tinsley completely ignored her.  They're basically acting like snotty high school girls and it's not cute.  

This isn't to say Beth is totally innocent here.  I think she was just really preoccupied with relief efforts and Carole found someone new to hang out with, then became totally immersed in that relationship, tossing Beth aside once Beth finally came around again.  Carole crosses me as a pretty high maintenance friend, despite her protestations to the contrary.  It's sad all around and neither of them are handling it well.

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 12
9 minutes ago, lezlers said:

Agree to disagree.  In my mind, Carole having seen those places and not doing much to help while trashing Beth on the details in how she does so actually makes her look worse, not better.   I do agree that the brunt of this Carole Beth friendship deterioration is miscommunication but isn't that what's behind most arguments?  I really do think Carole latched on to Tinsley and Carole can be a bit of a sponge in that she gets REALLY close to people and then kind of mirrors their personalities.  We all know someone like that.  It's great when YOU'RE the friend she's latched on to, but it can suck when she ditches you for someone else.  So when she latched on to Tinsley (who Beth never cared much for) she suddenly became a bit more vapid, superficial and airheady, all of the traits Beth doesn't like in Tinsley.  So add that insult to Beth's existing injury from being ditched.  I mean, we all saw the hurt on Beth's face when she walked into that restaurant in the Hamptons and Carole and Tinsley completely ignored her.  They're basically acting like snotty high school girls and it's not cute.  

This isn't to say Beth is totally innocent here.  I think she was just really preoccupied with relief efforts and Carole found someone new to hang out with, then became totally immersed in that relationship, tossing Beth aside.  Carole crosses me as a pretty high maintenance friend, despite her protestations to the contrary.  It's sad all around and neither of them are handling it well.

I do think Carole did start spending more time with Tinsley after Bethenny immersed herself in her charity but I think it was Bethenny that tossed Carole aside when Carole sided with Adam, not Bethenny. I also think that Bethenny was ticked off that Carole got close to anyone else on the show, Bethenny does not like to share.

Were Carole/Tinsley rude to Bethenny when she walked in, it sure looked that way but we can't know if they really ignored her or if that was more editing than anything else (production is know to do just that). Oh, and I thought Bethenny looked more ticked off/annoyed than "hurt" that they ignored her.

• Love 6
On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 12:34 PM, Dirtybubble said:

The airing of B and D doing such great work in P.R. and then showing Sonj and Ramona shopping for furs in a limo look me out of this episode a bit.  It was obvs tom foolery on Bravo's part it was done and such a whip lash pace.  I was almost in tears with the P.R. segment so to have the scene with them shopping and then straight back to P.R. was just soooo....IDK, it's like Bravo wants us to hate Sonja and Ramona.  *shrug*

I really have no problem with Ramona; I find her harmless fun but Sonja just continues to piss me off at any given second.  Boo hoo she has to sit at the end of the table??  Boo hoo Tinsley doesn't like me anymore....what?!

I find it hilarious that Sonja keeps saying she misses Tinsley and wants her love while simultaneously insulting her, spreading rumors about her on Page 6 and being horrible to her.  Honey, that is NOT the way to get someone to come back to you.  No wonder Mr. Morgan headed for the hills and never sniffed around her again, despite her best efforts.   She's like a child behaving badly to win the attention of her parents.  It's uncomfortable to watch.  Sonja is not mentally well.

• Love 19
13 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Sorry ZM, Bethenny does the same dam thing, Ramona is horrid, now she's fine, now she horrible, oh, she's fine again. Bethenny did the same thing with Luann, with Sonja. They all fake making up until the next fight. LOL

Bethenny is only "clear" about their friendship now that it is over and now it was really only a "show" friendship, not really real. I take that more of Bethenny saying that Carole was her friend as long as she needed her/could use her and now that she no longer has a use for her, she is thru with Carole. In other words, Bethenny was never considered Carole a real friend, she never really had Carole's back, she faked it all for the show.

Oh don't get me wrong Bethenny does exactly the same thing because she knows how to play the Bravo game.  Jill and Alex are perfect examples of friends for the sake of the show.  That is why I quoted Bethenny verbatim.  I will go one step further I think Bethenny was buying Carole's friendship and loyalty with the trips she and Dennis treated Carole and Adam.  I think Carole and Adam also knew it.  Who treats someone they just met to THREE five star resort trips in a period of less than 18 months?  

I don't think Sonja and Luann fake it and go back as much as Ramona, Bethenny and Carole.  Luann has been lukewarm on Ramona for years.  Even when Bethenny is at her nastiest to Luann she always manages to throw some back handed compliment like she is resilient.    

I do think Carole pursued Bethenny as a friend.  a safe port for the show.  I believe Bethenny regrets having crapped on Luann in favor of Ramona.  Bethenny may think and say Luann is a snake but Bethenny knows year after year Luann delivers for the show.  However, Bethenny also knew Dorinda was a fan favorite and let's talk about someone who has nothing going on but hanging out at the dry cleaners, drinking, napping and watching Law & Order reruns.   Dorinda also does the thing that irritates Bethenny the most she constantly ruminates and of course gets drunk.  Strategic to ask Dorinda to go to PR.  Had she asked Luann the conversation may have steered away from Bethenny to Luann's busted up marriage.

I don't think Bethenny necessarily faked the friendship for the show any more than she fakes her friendship with Kyle-I just believe Bethenny has a very difficult time being a emotionally loyal friend. Have you ever heard Bethenny say a good thing about Kyle?  No.  She is good with the Skinnygirl baskets, flowers, trips, and parties but she doesn't seem to invest emotionally.  Look at how kind Dorinda, Carole and Ramona were to Bethenny with her "fibroids".  Even when Bobby died, people were lauding Bethenny's praises to cut short her trip to Aspen to attend (and be filmed) at Bobby's funeral.  It would have been so much nicer had Bethenny dropped the bone before Bobby died and forgave Jill.  Like years before.

Reality TV will never ever be real again.  Too much strategizing, deal making, financial incentives to go back to being Manhattan Moms.  I am just worried Carole and Dorinda are taking things too far against Bethenny.  Bethenny just has her usual half assed/smart ass comments-she hasn't come close to doing what she did to Luann at Ramona's birthday lunch or in the Berkshires.    

• Love 7
9 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Bethenny is also disliked by many, so it's 50 - 50 to me. I think they do it is because she is so polarizing, she creates dialog between viewers, which keeps advertisers buying air time. Carole's marathon wasn't all that much air time, the training/actual marathon it self that is. They spent just as much time on the party Ramona threw and Bethenny was central to that. Even the funny scene with S/R/L painting at Sonja's house wasn't all that long and I am sure those 3 took longer to paint that furniture. 

The fights/bitching you list, also involve a fair amount of Bethenny as well, so she is still pretty dominant. LOL

I have no idea if your 50/50 ratio is correct or not but even if it is, I'd say that at least half of the 50% you claim dislike and throw shade at Bethenny do so because they love it.   They will trash her regardless of what she does 

4 hours ago, QuinnM said:

I am only an accidental viewer of WWHL but will tune in for certain guests.  And without fail every vote over this or that that has Bethenny as a choice ends up with the overwhelming majority going to Bethenny.  So those are the things Bravo sees and yes Bethenny is very popular.  Andy on the other hand said the best HWs are the ones that are polarizing.  Lots of haters and lots of fans.  And he likes Bethenny because she’s polarizing.  It is certainly what we see in this very small population on this board.

Exactly!   Bethenny's fans include those who love her and those who love to complain about her.   

• Love 5
On 5/17/2018 at 2:30 PM, KungFuBunny said:

I wonder if Adam told Carole he went on a date with another woman and wants to see her again to make Carole jump at offering him things to go back to her.

I do also wonder if the vegan cookbook was never an actual work in process, but a way to keep Adam in her life.

Could be!  I chortled at her utter shock and dismay at his dating someone else.  Coffee-sex is not a commitment, sorrynotsorry ?

• Love 5
(edited)

luann's blog is up 

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-10/blogs/luann-de-lesseps/luann-de-lesseps-im-working

When Tinsley fled Palm Beach, Sonja gave her a roof over her head, a sympathetic ear, and a hand-up socially. That is true friendship. I wish Tinsley had shown more gratitude during her stay…a box of chocolates, flowers, or even just a little note would have gone a long way towards making Sonja feel appreciated.  what the what? all she has is Sonja's side of this how does she know what Tinsley did and didn't do day to day? oh god 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 4
On 5/17/2018 at 3:37 PM, Dirtybubble said:

I have to agree with KI-IN I didn't find it as an insult either.  Bethenny was simply stating a fact and an explanation as to why Carole and Tinsley are tight.  It wasn't as if she was saying well if Carole WAS married, had kids, a career she would be my friend she was simply commenting on Carole's current status.  Big deal.

Agree, it's odd to think 'you're single with no kids' is an insult, but when B says it, all bets are off ?

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Oh don't get me wrong Bethenny does exactly the same thing because she knows how to play the Bravo game.  Jill and Alex are perfect examples of friends for the sake of the show.  That is why I quoted Bethenny verbatim.  I will go one step further I think Bethenny was buying Carole's friendship and loyalty with the trips she and Dennis treated Carole and Adam.  I think Carole and Adam also knew it.  Who treats someone they just met to THREE five star resort trips in a period of less than 18 months?  

I don't think Sonja and Luann fake it and go back as much as Ramona, Bethenny and Carole.  Luann has been lukewarm on Ramona for years.  Even when Bethenny is at her nastiest to Luann she always manages to throw some back handed compliment like she is resilient.    

I do think Carole pursued Bethenny as a friend.  a safe port for the show.  I believe Bethenny regrets having crapped on Luann in favor of Ramona.  Bethenny may think and say Luann is a snake but Bethenny knows year after year Luann delivers for the show.  However, Bethenny also knew Dorinda was a fan favorite and let's talk about someone who has nothing going on but hanging out at the dry cleaners, drinking, napping and watching Law & Order reruns.   Dorinda also does the thing that irritates Bethenny the most she constantly ruminates and of course gets drunk.  Strategic to ask Dorinda to go to PR.  Had she asked Luann the conversation may have steered away from Bethenny to Luann's busted up marriage.

I don't think Bethenny necessarily faked the friendship for the show any more than she fakes her friendship with Kyle-I just believe Bethenny has a very difficult time being a emotionally loyal friend. Have you ever heard Bethenny say a good thing about Kyle?  No.  She is good with the Skinnygirl baskets, flowers, trips, and parties but she doesn't seem to invest emotionally.  Look at how kind Dorinda, Carole and Ramona were to Bethenny with her "fibroids".  Even when Bobby died, people were lauding Bethenny's praises to cut short her trip to Aspen to attend (and be filmed) at Bobby's funeral.  It would have been so much nicer had Bethenny dropped the bone before Bobby died and forgave Jill.  Like years before.

Reality TV will never ever be real again.  Too much strategizing, deal making, financial incentives to go back to being Manhattan Moms.  I am just worried Carole and Dorinda are taking things too far against Bethenny.  Bethenny just has her usual half assed/smart ass comments-she hasn't come close to doing what she did to Luann at Ramona's birthday lunch or in the Berkshires.    

I don't think Bethenny understands what a real relationship is, be it a marriage, a friend or a parent and I don't think she is interested in finding out either. She likes the way she is, after all, she is a millionaire and semi famous because of it. So the hell with having real friends, being a real friend, finding real love, giving real love and possible, being a good parent to (and for) your daughter. God Help Bryn as she grows up and starts into those challenging teen years!

4 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Carole is the one who needed Bethenny and not just for the show.

Bethenny paid for at least three expensive vacations for Carole and Adam.

Carole traveled well before Bethenny came into her life and I am sure that will continue as she/Adam were just in Dubai. I have to wonder who Bethenny will pick to be her colon's roommate for next season? LOL

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

luann's blog is up 

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-10/blogs/luann-de-lesseps/luann-de-lesseps-im-working

When Tinsley fled Palm Beach, Sonja gave her a roof over her head, a sympathetic ear, and a hand-up socially. That is true friendship. I wish Tinsley had shown more gratitude during her stay…a box of chocolates, flowers, or even just a little note would have gone a long way towards making Sonja feel appreciated.  what the what? all she has is Sonja's side of this how does she know what Tinsley did and didn't do day to day? oh god 

I believe Tinsley copped to the fact she was not a particularly generous house guest.  Tinsley even said her mother said she should have been more thoughtful.  The idea was Tinsley after getting slammed for being a boorish house guest decided (on Bravo's dime) to throw a Sonja party aka The Finale.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Sorry ZM, Bethenny does the same dam thing, Ramona is horrid, now she's fine, now she horrible, oh, she's fine again. Bethenny did the same thing with Luann, with Sonja. They all fake making up until the next fight. LOL

Bethenny is only "clear" about their friendship now that it is over and now it was really only a "show" friendship, not really real. I take that more of Bethenny saying that Carole was her friend as long as she needed her/could use her and now that she no longer has a use for her, she is thru with Carole. In other words, Bethenny was never considered Carole a real friend, she never really had Carole's back, she faked it all for the show.

4 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Carole is the one who needed Bethenny and not just for the show.

Bethenny paid for at least three expensive vacations for Carole and Adam.

Oops!    This  post was supposed to be in response to WIreWrap but it didn't work out that way.   My iPad isn't happy today and it's jumping around.

4 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I don't think Bethenny understands what a real relationship is, be it a marriage, a friend or a parent and I don't think she is interested in finding out either. She likes the way she is, after all, she is a millionaire and semi famous because of it. So the hell with having real friends, being a real friend, finding real love, giving real love and possible, being a good parent to (and for) your daughter. God Help Bryn as she grows up and starts into those challenging teen years!

Carole traveled well before Bethenny came into her life and I am sure that will continue as she/Adam were just in Dubai. I have to wonder who Bethenny will pick to be her colon's roommate for next season? LOL

Bethenny speaks in terms of "partners" and "partnerships" it has now been extended to her dating life.  Here is an example, when Kyle was on the outs with the Hiltons, Bethenny would go out and be photographed with them and post them on social media.  Kyle is who introduced Kathy to Bethenny. 

I remember Carole writing about how she would summer in Europe in friends' homes and how thankful she was the didn' t have air conditioning.  Carole has the art of schmoozing down to a science.  I think Bethenny will be courting Jill.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I believe Tinsley copped to the fact she was not a particularly generous house guest.  Tinsley even said her mother said she should have been more thoughtful.  The idea was Tinsley after getting slammed for being a boorish house guest decided (on Bravo's dime) to throw a Sonja party aka The Finale.

Tinsley being in Sonja's house and giving her screen time and pay should have been the thanks enough lol

• Love 9
On 5/16/2018 at 11:41 PM, BusyOctober said:

When I saw the “coming up...” segment of Ramona, Lu and Sonja all suited up in the coveralls, I assumed Sonja wrangled the ladies into cleaning the dog shit off the patio.  Or they were helping her locate more cell phones in toilets.  Or washing her 40 yr old lingerie in the bidet. Or just having afternoon tea on her bodily fluid stained sofa. Actually, it’s probably in the best interest of anyone entering Gray Gardens to don a hazmat suit.  Add the booties and filter mask for extra precautions. And carry one of those blue light wands before touching any surface.

lmao I watch a lot of Forensic Files, don't forget the luminol! 

• Love 2
Just now, Keywestclubkid said:

Tinsley being in Sonja's house and giving her screen time and pay should have been the thanks enough lol

I think it was such a bad story line and if nothing else the other women should be pissed it was the best Sonja could do.  I think at one point it was mildly interesting when Tinsley was kissing boys sand swapping appetizers during kissing or whatever.  Once Carole and Scott entered the picture Sonja was on the outs.  She felt used and discarded.  Bethenny was all about her effing Mexico trip, Luann was about being married, which left the tired old Sonja and Ramona.  Tinsley acted so offended about being called a bad houseguest-this is a woman who had just been convicted (conditional plea) of trespassing.  

Sonja still wants to be the straw that stirs the drink.

(edited)
43 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I rarely hold back from expressing my opinion but I will refrain from responding to your comments about Bryn.   I don't watch all the HW shows but based on those I've seen, the HWs are good mothers and care about their children.

DId Scott pay for the Dubai trip?

35 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Bethenny speaks in terms of "partners" and "partnerships" it has now been extended to her dating life.  Here is an example, when Kyle was on the outs with the Hiltons, Bethenny would go out and be photographed with them and post them on social media.  Kyle is who introduced Kathy to Bethenny. 

I remember Carole writing about how she would summer in Europe in friends' homes and how thankful she was the didn' t have air conditioning.  Carole has the art of schmoozing down to a science.  I think Bethenny will be courting Jill.

Hmm?  So Carole's European vacations were spent in friends' homes...........

I'm guessing Carole doesn't like to spend too much of her own money on vacations.   

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, ladle said:

Did they show up to dinner on time?

Who knows? Maybe without Lu there to serve as the RA of the riad, they spent the entire trip having hawt attacks and sobbing dramatically on beds?

Or, they invited Cindy Barshop along just so they could steal her hangers.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, QuinnM said:

I am only an accidental viewer of WWHL but will tune in for certain guests.  And without fail every vote over this or that that has Bethenny as a choice ends up with the overwhelming majority going to Bethenny.  So those are the things Bravo sees and yes Bethenny is very popular.  Andy on the other hand said the best HWs are the ones that are polarizing.  Lots of haters and lots of fans.  And he likes Bethenny because she’s polarizing.  It is certainly what we see in this very small population on this board.

1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

You need to talk to cooksdelight over in the Atlanta thread and she can fill in you on how WWHL works and how fake (aka setup) the phone calls/polls are. LOL In other words, do not trust that the poll results are real/correct or that the phone calls are random calls.

Seriously, without fail there is a caller every time I've watched who gushes about how hot, sexy, and gorgeous Andy is. Really?!?! Usually it's a woman. I don't know why. And you can tell when he'll structure poll questions like "have you finally stopped beating your wife" to achieve a desired result. There is definitely manipulation happening with WWHL.

There was an article, "We'll Make You a Star (if the Web Agrees)", from 2010 in the New York Times about how Bravo monitors fan reaction on social media, blogs, and what have you to determine storylines and cast members. WWHL polls are just one of the ways that Bravo gauges the popularity of certain wives. They look at what's trending on Twitter, blogs, podcasts, Google Trends, Facebook, and even posts like ours. I know that back when Bravo owned TWoP, we could tell that they were likely editing episodes in response to what we posted. By the 3rd or 4th reairing, some scenes were drastically reduced and others were expanded. And I know the cracks about Morgan Manor being Grey Gardens 2: No Heat and Raccoon Poo came from fan comments filtered up through recaps then to digs from the other housewives against Sonja to finally textually making it into the show as Sonja's tagline in 2017. Bravo pays attention to all of this, which is why it ended up as Sonja's tag last season.

All of this is to explain that while WWHL polls are helpful, they aren't even close to the only thing Bravo is looking at with regards to Bethenny's popularity.

https://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/06/business/06bravo.html

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

Who knows? Maybe without Lu there to serve as the RA of the riad, they spent the entire trip having hawt attacks and sobbing dramatically on beds?

Or, they invited Cindy Barshop along just so they could steal her hangers.

Cindy and those darn hangers! OMG so glad she was a "one and done". I'm not really a Sonja fan but I LOVE LOVE LOVE how she excluded Cindy from all the photos of their camel ride... too funny

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I'm guessing Carole doesn't like to spend too much of her own money on vacations.   

I think getting a trip comped to Dubai is pretty simple if you are a Bravolebrity.  The woman from Ladies of London lives there and Dorinda is tight with Carol Stansbury.   I think Dubai wants all the RH franchises to film in Dubai.  I noticed the Dubai gang didn't invite Ramona.  We all know how she hates to be left out.

Carole is ranking on Bethenny and her five star resorts as she dispatches her blog from her luxury suite in Dubai.   

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I think getting a trip comped to Dubai is pretty simple if you are a Bravolebrity.  The woman from Ladies of London lives there and Dorinda is tight with Carol Stansbury.   I think Dubai wants all the RH franchises to film in Dubai.  I noticed the Dubai gang didn't invite Ramona.  We all know how she hates to be left out.

Carole is ranking on Bethenny and her five star resorts as she dispatches her blog from her luxury suite in Dubai.   

Ah Ha!   I had a feeling Carole wasn't spending her own money on that trip.  I would never have thought that before I found out that Bethenny paid for not one, not two but three five star vacations for Carole and Adam.  

Ramona being excluded is interesting.   She's so damn inappropriate that I wouldn't want to travel with her either.   

• Love 2
2 hours ago, AnnA said:

Oops!    This  post was supposed to be in response to WIreWrap but it didn't work out that way.   My iPad isn't happy today and it's jumping around.

This site acts up time to time as well so the glitch could be at either end. LOL

1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

I think it was such a bad story line and if nothing else the other women should be pissed it was the best Sonja could do.  I think at one point it was mildly interesting when Tinsley was kissing boys sand swapping appetizers during kissing or whatever.  Once Carole and Scott entered the picture Sonja was on the outs.  She felt used and discarded.  Bethenny was all about her effing Mexico trip, Luann was about being married, which left the tired old Sonja and Ramona.  Tinsley acted so offended about being called a bad houseguest-this is a woman who had just been convicted (conditional plea) of trespassing.  

Sonja still wants to be the straw that stirs the drink.

I think when Scott/Tinsley got together it was like throwing ice water in Sonja's face. She has had a HW guest twice now and both HWs met someone while "living" with her but no one for Sonja. 

1 hour ago, AnnA said:

I rarely hold back from expressing my opinion but I will refrain from responding to your comments about Bryn.   I don't watch all the HW shows but based on those I've seen, the HWs are good mothers and care about their children.

My comment about Bryn is knowing how much Bethenny hates to be challenged and teen girls will push their parent buttons 24/7 some days/weeks, so Yes, I do worry about how Bethenny will react or over react to Bryn when Bryn starts pushing back. I do think Bethenny loves Bryn but I don't think she puts Bryn's needs first all the time.

Yes, Carole stays with friends when she travels or it is a comped trip, she doesn't have the deep pockets Bethenny has and never did.

1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

Seriously, without fail there is a caller every time I've watched who gushes about how hot, sexy, and gorgeous Andy is. Really?!?! Usually it's a woman. I don't know why. And you can tell when he'll structure poll questions like "have you finally stopped beating your wife" to achieve a desired result. There is definitely manipulation happening with WWHL.

There was an article, "We'll Make You a Star (if the Web Agrees)", from 2010 in the New York Times about how Bravo monitors fan reaction on social media, blogs, and what have you to determine storylines and cast members. WWHL polls are just one of the ways that Bravo gauges the popularity of certain wives. They look at what's trending on Twitter, blogs, podcasts, Google Trends, Facebook, and even posts like ours. I know that back when Bravo owned TWoP, we could tell that they were likely editing episodes in response to what we posted. By the 3rd or 4th reairing, some scenes were drastically reduced and others were expanded. And I know the cracks about Morgan Manor being Grey Gardens 2: No Heat and Raccoon Poo came from fan comments filtered up through recaps then to digs from the other housewives against Sonja to finally textually making it into the show as Sonja's tagline in 2017. Bravo pays attention to all of this, which is why it ended up as Sonja's tag last season.

All of this is to explain that while WWHL polls are helpful, they aren't even close to the only thing Bravo is looking at with regards to Bethenny's popularity.

https://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/06/business/06bravo.html

I don't trust the polls either, they go beyond manipulation into plain fantasy territory frequently IMO. LOL

• Love 7
(edited)
On 5/18/2018 at 10:10 AM, weaver said:

Some people, well the New York Post anyway, think Dennis Shields is pretty shady, an operator you could say.  

https://nypost.com/2018/01/02/how-firms-are-getting-rich-on-the-surest-money-grab-in-nyc/

What a lovely man! The cynical part of me can't help but wonder if Beth's philanthropic efforts are, in large part, a public relation's effort to deflect from the shabby business practices of her boyfriend.  Again, I applaud all the work that the team with whom Beth is working is doing in PR. 

Especially ironic, given Beth's caustic comments regarding Adam.  Why isn't Bravo doing some sly inserts regarding Dennis?

Edited by LadyK
Still forming my thoughts.
  • Love 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

luann's blog is up 

LuAnn’s is a superficial, mean, piece of work. That blog...

tenor.gif

IMO all that’s up with LuLu and the Tinz (which is like Smokey and the Bandit with shitty jewelry and no iconic mustaches):  Palm Beach isn’t West Palm Beach.  C’est tout.   Now, I never liked AlexSimon, but LuAnn was a giant snoberrina to them both, so it’s funny that a snob who came by it honestly, via Topper Mortimer, Lawrenceville, and the St. A’s rich bitch social club at Columbia, is telling our haughty cabaret-not-caburlesque artiste to maybe take it down several hundred notches.  Live by snobbery, die by it.  

I truly hate when one of these ladies uses the fourth wall as a sword and a shield.  I think it’s cruel, and I choose that word deliberately, for these ratchet wenches to lie about Sonja with respect to Tinsley, so part of me hope Tins burns it all down with respect to “class.”

I think KFB pointed out weeks ago that Sonja, in her kaftan and stolen slippers, kept insisting that Ramona had messed with Mario the contractor.  Mario, Mario, Mario!  Sonja’s eyes were gleaming.   She wanted to dig giant rock salt into the wound of Ramona’s divorce.  That same ep, or within one ep, Doris and Carole said Sonja said Tins was kept, a quasi-concubine/escort, to Mr. Coupon Cabin.  And some objected and oh ho ho ho!  No!  Sexy J was never shown saying “hooker,” so Doris and Carole were being oh so mean.  Well, this week, Sonja compared Tins to Holly Golightly.   Um.   Got any defenses?   

I want Tins to take the nuclear option.  She hasn’t.  Sonja has run slick at the mouth about EVERYONE on the show.   Over every season!  The ONLY people she has not by memory insulted and lied about was Jill and possibly Jules.  She lied every which goddamned way about Tinsley, about her relationship with Tom and Harry to hurt Lu, again about Harry to hurt Aviva, about Mario the contractor to embarrass Ramona, about Russ to hurt Carole, about her businesses to hurt Heather and Kristen and Kris’s douchelord husband, and the unlamented Cindy, about her Tipsy Girl bullshit to hurt Beth and Dorinda, about her own nonexistent modeling career to embarrass and discomfit Kelly, about her activism to humiliate Alex and Simon.   She is abusive.  Sonja has abused her interns (did she or did she not blame her stank, stained couch on Pickles?   The intern who was never even called her name?  Did she or did she not smirk about her “homeless” Irish intern online, creating hurt for that girl?).  She has gone way, way further out than accused provocateurs Kenya Moore or Tamra or anyone.   She’s not sad or touched just because she tries to straight-up fuck Keith Hernandez on WWHL, in her no-dress dress and Bali bikini.  I mean, damn.  Tinsley has been incredibly restrained about Sonja’s finances, her behavior, and her narratives.

#basta.   

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 12
(edited)
30 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

My comment about Bryn is knowing how much Bethenny hates to be challenged and teen girls will push their parent buttons 24/7 some days/weeks, so Yes, I do worry about how Bethenny will react or over react to Bryn when Bryn starts pushing back. I do think Bethenny loves Bryn but I don't think she puts Bryn's needs first all the time.

Yes, Carole stays with friends when she travels or it is a comped trip, she doesn't have the deep pockets Bethenny has and never did.

OK. I agree about teenagers but the "to hell with having real friends, being a real friend, finding real love,"......being a good parent to (and for) your daughter."  part didn't say that.

I know Carole doesn't have the money Bethenny has which is why I disagreed with you saying Bethenny needs Carole.   It sounds to me like Carole needed Bethenny to pay for her vacations. 

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Nahhh, I think we all, or at least most of us, want to know. LOL

IMO, Bethenny really believes, with all her heart, that her "shite don't stink"! LOL

That is very true but I'm not sure Aviva would/could be loyal enough to Bethenny to be much help to her. Aviva would quickly make this all about herself and try to push Bethenny into the background. Aviva's ego is on par with or very close to Bethenny's giant ego and there is only room for 1 ego that size! LOL (Oh, and I'm not sure Bethenny could tolerate Aviva's insanity)

Am I the only one who would be more interested in an entirely new hw, than to dredge up old ghosts like Jill or Aviva?  I would think that The Big Apple could produce someone that could stir up some interest (and some tea).

• Love 6
4 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I do think Carole did start spending more time with Tinsley after Bethenny immersed herself in her charity but I think it was Bethenny that tossed Carole aside when Carole sided with Adam, not Bethenny. I also think that Bethenny was ticked off that Carole got close to anyone else on the show, Bethenny does not like to share.

I actually think Carole and Tinsley getting closer predated PR. They were already starting to really bond at the end of LAST season. Personally, I think it was because Tinsley started dating Carole and Adam's friend, Scott. They became this foursome and were doing a LOT of stuff together. THEN the hurricanes hit, and B got busy, widening the already growing distance between them. 

3 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I'm just confused as to what she's supposed to thank her for. The grey ice cubes? The lack of hot water? The creepy dolls staring at her while she sleeps? Should she thank Sonja for yelling at her when the intern had to -gasp- accept a package delivered for Tinsley????

• Love 13
14 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Well it's now reached the View.

Bethenny and Sunny Hostin are in the midst of a Twitter Feud over Bethenny's charity work in PR. Sunny felt like it was a bit self-serving. Not the work, but Bethenny's need to take photographers and videographers with her. And then...It erupted. 

This is why people question Bethenny's motives. How the fuck would Bethenny know all of the work going on there? Her use of the word "substantial" is only there to demean Sunny's efforts. STFU Bethenny. I don't know what Sunny has or hasn't done for PR, but Bethenny only needed to respond with what her reasons were for bringing photographers along (hopefully it's to provide photographic evidence about how dire the situation was) and commend Sunny for her efforts. It's not that fucking hard and Bethenny should know better by now.  She's been a tv personality for 13 years. She should know better.

http://people.com/tv/bethenny-frankel-sunny-hostin-twitter-feud/amp/

I tire of Bethenny's use of the pronouns "I" and "my", etc., for example "my team".  People with even a shred of humility know to say "our" and "we", etc.  Even if she doesn't believe in it, she should be smart enough to understand the perception that leaves.

• Love 14
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 1:06 PM, ghoulina said:

This is if you believe Carole's side of it. 

Bethenny has repeatedly stated that everyone who goes down there, does so on their own dime. That way all donations truly go to the people. Maybe she found another photographer who was willing to do it. Bethenny does have connections; she probably just thought of Adam first for Carole's sake. 

I think deep down Carole knows B was right about Adam, but won't admit it. So she's lashing out. 

I think Bethenny's trying to say that CAROLE changed. It's not that Bethenny is casting Carole aside for not having kids. It's that when Carole met up with Tinsley, their similar life stages caused them to bond more. I can see it. Especially because they were dating friends. They became a pretty tight foursome. B works hard and spends a lot of off time with Brynn, so I think it's only natural that they drifted apart. 

I don't think it was meant to be a negative commentary toward EITHER woman, just that this is the way things often happen in life. 

I totally agree.  Also, Carole's husband died nearly 20 years ago.   If she wanted a husband and children, she's had two decades to make that happen. Carole is single and childless because she wants to be single and childless, it's a lifestyle choice she and many other women consciously made.  There's nothing whatsoever wrong with that and people should be able to state that as fact without it being taken like someone is kicking the newly widowed fragile flower while she's down.

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 8

I do think Bethenny loves Bryn but I don't think she puts Bryn's needs first all the time.

I don't think a parent is required to always put the child first above all else and the reality of this argument is that any time Bethanny does something that irritates Bryn or makes Bryn unhappy in any way, Bethenny will be deemed a monster mother who doesn't understand that her child must ALWAYS come first.

The reality of parenting is that sometimes your decisions will upset your children. Sometimes your decisions will put your needs first and your child, by dint of *being a child* doesn't understand anything but "I want it this way and I am being told no" and when you hear the child's side, yes, it's a monster parent who doesn't shit care less about what the kid's needs are.

The reality is that Bryn is going to grow to adulthood and will be able to tell tales of the times Mom Bethenny didn't cater to her every whim. Before anyone jumps on the "I always knew Bethenny was a selfish bitch who refused to be a decent parent and understand that once she had a baby, she became that child's slave!" bandwagon, I hope everyone reflects back on their own childhood and whether or not your needs were always first and major decisions like new jobs, moving, vacations, savings plans, purchases, etc were always absolutely revolving around your needs versus your parents. 

I don't understand the "he wants kids so he can't be with me long term" from Carole. Adam could stay with Carole for 20 years from now and he would still be what, in his early fifties? And would probably still be appealing to child bearing years women? He can have kids any time he wants kids and still have a long term relationship with Carole. This is true for any man, in that they can reproduce at anytime during their life. Again, not an argument with you, just noticing in the abstract. I mean, look at the french guy Macron (40) and his wife (65). Don't want to derail the thread (there are more angles to why the relationship is what it is) but your post, like I said, was the one that got me to think about the math and the male sperm, haha

Frankly I assume that part of Carole's "he wants kids so he can't be with me long term" issue is that she's not terribly interested in tending his possible children with other women. (I don't blame her). Yes, Adam as a man can have children at any age but realistically most people prefer to have children when they are young enough to enjoy raising them. I can respect Adam not wanting to wait until he's in his fifties to have a child, and wanting a partner who is interesting in having a child. I think it's fair to say Carole likely can't have children at this point and Adam may want his own genetically related kids so... yeah, a problem. It can be tricky. I broke up with a guy because he wanted kids but couldn't have them himself (fertility thing) and was expecting me to go thru a lot of ridiculous hoops in order to have a child where he would feel ok with how the child came into the family. 

Second part: Totally calling you with YES! you are completely right! haha

People seem to think I am such a huge Bethenny fan.... I was really fine with her being gone. Now I am ok with it but it took a WHILE for her to mesh back in.

Am I the only one who would be more interested in an entirely new hw, than to dredge up old ghosts like Jill or Aviva?  I would think that The Big Apple could produce someone that could stir up some interest (and some tea).

I'm against Jill because I honestly think it wouldn't be healthy for her, and because overall the cast is getting on in years and adding another late fifties early sixties woman wouldn't help that. Aviva was just so psycho....

I wouldn't mind losing Sonja, and as much as I love watching the cray cray antics of Ramona, I wouldn't quit the show if she was eased out. In general I think they need some 30s to 40s women on the show again.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, film noire said:

Right? Makes no sense. Carole was the perfect fit. She's got media connections, deep pocket friends, and has seen poverty and experienced violence and destruction, so no need for any fainting couch.  (It's possible that experience actually counted against her -- with Carole, Bethenny wouldn't get to play the leader/educator, as she did with Dorinda -- the same reason would also hold true for Frankel not inviting Luann, who had volunteered. Whatever/whyever, it's another whiplash relationship moment from Bethenny).

eta:

@weaver - yes, it's the same woman, Sunny Hoston.

I don't watch The View, but I could swear I saw this Sunny woman on an episode of Chopped recently (probably a rerun).  She's a chef too?  Interesting that she and Chef Beth got into a Twitter spat.

• Love 1

I feel the Carol / Bethenney relationship started to fall apart because Carol was with Adam all of the time. I remember Bethenney stating (more than once) when Carol didn't show up for things, "Carol is too busy with Adam"   "Carol is always with Adam"   Adam dumps Carol and now Carol needs Bethenney. Have a feeling Carol expected Bethenney to just drop everything and be there for her / go back to what their relationship was before Adam.  Bethenney probably gave up and moved on. I would if my friend couldn't make time for me. 

II think they remained close due to filming where Carol had to show up but once filming stopped Carol was Adam all day everyday. AND we are talking more than one season  -  so it wasn't a brand new relationship. It just doesn't make for a good friend. 

IMHO

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I don't watch The View, but I could swear I saw this Sunny woman on an episode of Chopped recently (probably a rerun).  She's a chef too?  Interesting that she and Chef Beth got into a Twitter spat.

She is a lawyer, the episode she was on was for “celebrity” amateurs.

3 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

Adam dumps Carol and now Carol needs Bethenney.

It doesn’t seem like Carole needs Bethenny in that way. It’s Bethenny who mentioned they haven’t really seen each other not Carole, Carole just seems confused why B is coming so hard for her.

• Love 9

I think one of the reasons Bethenny glommed onto Carole in the beginning is that Carole and Andy were good friends.  She really couldn't afford to make Carole an enemy at that time.  Wasn't that around the time she lost her Sirius show because of her imperious behavior in the Hamptons.  Andy had hooked her up with Sirius.  Carole seems to be much shyer as far as integrating herself into an established group, plus Bethenny is funny and caustic, just as Carole is, so Bethenny was a natural ally.  Let's face it the rest of the cast didn't have a chance against that duo.  Even Heather was thrown to the wolves, and Heather is one strong woman (climbing the Himalayas now).   

I like Jill, but I don't want her on the show again.   I guess "life after Bobby" might be a tempting storyline for Andy, though.  I was thinking that Bethenny might not return next year.  She really has no friends on the show.  But then again, where would she shill her Skinny Girl jeans.  

• Love 2
(edited)
On May 17, 2018 at 2:31 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Her over-the-top flirtatiousness is what has gotten her everything she sees as an asset; a wealthy husband >> Manhattan townhouse, role with a generous paycheck on a reality TV show, any number of paid appearances/endorsements of one sort or another, and most importantly, attention.  That girl is starved for attention like none other.  So starved that she will stage a wardrobe malfunction and bare her ass for it.

Quincy must be a very generous, forgiving soul.  

Well, if that's the way she wants to go.  Personally, I don't find her attractive at all.  "BImbo" is more like it.  I think her expiration date is about up, and she knows it.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

I don't think a parent is required to always put the child first above all else and the reality of this argument is that any time Bethanny does something that irritates Bryn or makes Bryn unhappy in any way, Bethenny will be deemed a monster mother who doesn't understand that her child must ALWAYS come first.

The reality of parenting is that sometimes your decisions will upset your children. Sometimes your decisions will put your needs first and your child, by dint of *being a child* doesn't understand anything but "I want it this way and I am being told no" and when you hear the child's side, yes, it's a monster parent who doesn't shit care less about what the kid's needs are.

The reality is that Bryn is going to grow to adulthood and will be able to tell tales of the times Mom Bethenny didn't cater to her every whim. Before anyone jumps on the "I always knew Bethenny was a selfish bitch who refused to be a decent parent and understand that once she had a baby, she became that child's slave!" bandwagon, I hope everyone reflects back on their own childhood and whether or not your needs were always first and major decisions like new jobs, moving, vacations, savings plans, purchases, etc were always absolutely revolving around your needs versus your parents. 

Frankly I assume that part of Carole's "he wants kids so he can't be with me long term" issue is that she's not terribly interested in tending his possible children with other women. (I don't blame her). Yes, Adam as a man can have children at any age but realistically most people prefer to have children when they are young enough to enjoy raising them. I can respect Adam not wanting to wait until he's in his fifties to have a child, and wanting a partner who is interesting in having a child. I think it's fair to say Carole likely can't have children at this point and Adam may want his own genetically related kids so... yeah, a problem. It can be tricky. I broke up with a guy because he wanted kids but couldn't have them himself (fertility thing) and was expecting me to go thru a lot of ridiculous hoops in order to have a child where he would feel ok with how the child came into the family. 

People seem to think I am such a huge Bethenny fan.... I was really fine with her being gone. Now I am ok with it but it took a WHILE for her to mesh back in.

I'm against Jill because I honestly think it wouldn't be healthy for her, and because overall the cast is getting on in years and adding another late fifties early sixties woman wouldn't help that. Aviva was just so psycho....

I wouldn't mind losing Sonja, and as much as I love watching the cray cray antics of Ramona, I wouldn't quit the show if she was eased out. In general I think they need some 30s to 40s women on the show again.

Maybe an eclectic mix of generations would be interesting. (and smart marketing)

• Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, noveltylibrary said:

I ? BS!! watched Stella Dallas last night:) but so wish I could recall this one without googling.  

It's from her television show, Novelty  (the episode is "The Sign of The  Zodiac" & co-stars Joan Blondell): http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3k56o2

3 hours ago, Midnight Cheese said:

LuAnn’s is a superficial, mean, piece of work. That blog...

(snip only for space)

I started bolding sections and the whole fucking thing practically ended up bolded  (only a few prepositions were left untouched ; ) so I'll leave it at this:

fireworks 2.gif

Edited by film noire
  • Love 5
40 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Maybe an eclectic mix of generations would be interesting. (and smart marketing)

This show cannot handle only one younger woman. They need at least 2. This is why even with Aviva's foolishness, season 6 is one of my favorite seasons. It was such a great mix of women.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

This show cannot handle only one younger woman. They need at least 2. This is why even with Aviva's foolishness, season 6 is one of my favorite seasons. It was such a great mix of women.

How young?  30's?

I don't know every HW's age so I'll do my best guessing.   I know there are two in their 40's (Bethenny and Tinsley) 

i think there are three in their 50's (Carole, LuAnn and Dorinda).  I know Ramona is in her 60's and I'll bet so is Sonja. 

How did I do? 

Bethenny is late forties at this point. Carole is early fifties, Luann and Dorinda are closer to 60 than 50, Ramona is 60-61, and I'd peg Sonja 58-62 range. Tinsley is early 40s. They need a few women closer to Tinsley's age.

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Bethenny is late forties at this point. Carole is early fifties, Luann and Dorinda are closer to 60 than 50, Ramona is 60-61, and I'd peg Sonja 58-62 range. Tinsley is early 40s. They need a few women closer to Tinsley's age.

Tinsley is 42, Bethenny 47, Lu and Dorinda are 53, Carole and Sonja are 54 and Ramona is 61.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, AnnA said:

How young?  30's?

I don't know every HW's age so I'll do my best guessing.   I know there are two in their 40's (Bethenny and Tinsley) 

i think there are three in their 50's (Carole, LuAnn and Dorinda).  I know Ramona is in her 60's and I'll bet so is Sonja. 

How did I do?

6 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Jules is 37

Kristen is 41

Tinsley is 42

Bethenny is 47 as is Aviva and Heather

Luann and Dorinda are 53

Carole and Sonja are 54 as is Jill

Ramona is 61

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Jules is 37

Kristen is 41

Tinsley is 42

Bethenny is 47 as is Aviva and Heather

Luann and Dorinda are 53

Carole and Sonja are 54 as is Jill

Ramona is 61

Thank you.    I only had one wrong - Sonja.    My bad!   I thought she was in her 60's.    

So do you think they should bring in a few 30 somethings? 

• Love 1