Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

No offense to Ramona but her new BFF Carole, justified being friends with Ramona. I believe Carole wrote that Ramona isn;t tolerated by any of us.  Ramona and Bethenny are in fine company as they have had a blow outs with virtually every RH.  Ramona even transcends the franchises.  She offends everywhere she goes.  Last year Carole could not stand Ramona as Ramona made the nail in the coffin comment about Carole not having children.  So soon and all is forgiven. 

Bethenny and Ramona have already had their moment, the crescendo in Mexico-naked in the pool.  Ramona used Bethenny as much as Bethenny used Ramona.  

I think Ramona needs the show for cash flow.  When she took the real estate she had to cash Mario out of their properties.   She phased out her business and has struggled to have a successful anything line.  Ramona's business had no assets it just closed.  Her book was a flop. She has no income away from the show other than perhaps some rental income.  I have no idea why people continually think Luann is strapped or in the same boat as Sonja.  Of all the RH when she divorced she did the right thing and downsized her lifestyle.  A lot is made of the fact she doesn't have a permanent home in NYC-why should she when she can short time lease for three months during filming?   

Ramona no getting renewed would be devastating to her-I was kind of hoping she would follow through and get her real estate license.  There is nothing remotely interesting about Ramona and she is working overtime this year trying to be a pot stirrer instead of getting endorsements.  Ramona is now barely tolerable of WWHL.  Her job of trashing Jill, then Luann is to now trash Bethenny.  

The enemy/frenemy of my enemy is my friend/frenemy, it is the HW mantra!

Neither Ramona or Sonja, throw in Carole as well, have had much of a storyline for years. Even Bethenny is a rinse and repeat until this season and it is all about Bstrong now but nothing beyond SG until this season. Bethenny and Ramona share the least about their real lives IMO. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Now, according to the blogs, it appears to me as if Dorinda, Ramona, Tinsley and Carole are beginning to show us their opinions of Real Housewife Bethenny. Well, not that some of us haven't already seen her for who she is.

Bethenny has Sonja and Lu as her allies.

This is going to be interesting as the tides begin to turn against Lu with her arrest and Sonja is well, just Sonja.

Has Bethenny chosen well? 

Maybe "On an Island" is a hint?

Edited by Happy Camper
Added last line
  • Love 8
(edited)
5 hours ago, Jel said:

The main point of my comment was the immaturity of Carole's response.  The fact that I am bugged by her calling herself a "girl" is secondary. Just to clarify.

But, on the topic of these adult women calling themselves girls...even if they all call themselves girls, every HW, across every HW (and I'll take your word for it because I really haven't noticed), Carole does it so much that I can't not notice.

It bugs me. 

Hmmm I definitely notice Lu using "girls" more than Carole or anybody else.  

"Would you believe it girls? I'm getting married!"

I'm dating myself, but I ONLY knew Karen Duffy as "Duff," back when she an MTV veejay. I didn't even know she was a socialite!

Same! I had a total girl-crush on Duff back in the day.  She was beautiful and so "cool." 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 1

The paragraph @film noire refers to ^above, in discussing the various charities:

"All of us get involved in charities and programs that we are passionate about. My mother was a victim of domestic abuse, and I have worked for years with different domestic violence charities .Currently I’m involved with Safe Horizon, a national organization for women and children of abuse. Dorinda volunteers each month at her church and works with the homeless outreach programs. She was recently awarded for all the work she has done to better the community. Carole supports political campaigns (don't get me started on that!) and animal rights organizations. She ran the marathon this year for North Shore Animal Shelter. I gave her a party!!! Luann volunteers with ACE homeless program and the American Red Cross, and Sonja has her passion projects as well."

Two things stand out; like FN mentioned, try as she might, she couldn't name a Sonja charity, and even though she credits Tinsley earlier in the blog for donating to the BF cause, she does not mention her at all in the back-patting paragraph.  I get her point though.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

It may just be a habit.  Lu refers to "the girls" frequently.  My mother calls any and every female "the girl who"...

My mother-in-law does, too, but she (and I assume your mom--maybe I am wrong, apologies in advance if I am!) is from a different generation. Carole and I are contemporaries; we both grew up with the Women's movement, which taught me that "girl" when referring to a woman was, I dunno, dismissive, patronizing, insulting -- one of those. How a "socially progressive" person like Carole feels that the word "woman" is not good enough for her to use when describing her very full-fledged woman status (at least chronologically), perplexes me.  And since she's on a tv show, and the women and their behavior is the topic, I'm going to feel free to talk about it. Of course, she can call herself whatever she wants, and of course I am equally entitled to not like it ;)

• Love 4
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Jel said:

My mother-in-law does, too, but she (and I assume your mom--maybe I am wrong, apologies in advance if I am!) is from a different generation. Carole and I are contemporaries; we both grew up with the Women's movement, which taught me that "girl" when referring to a woman was, I dunno, dismissive, patronizing, insulting -- one of those. How a "socially progressive" person like Carole feels that the word "woman" is not good enough for her to use when describing her very full-fledged woman status (at least chronologically), perplexes me.  And since she's on a tv show, and the women and their behavior is the topic, I'm going to feel free to talk about it. Of course, she can call herself whatever she wants, and of course I am equally entitled to not like it ;)

I know where you're coming from, yes, my mother is 87.  It frustrates my sister more than it does me.  I understand the objection, I just choose my battles differently.  

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Jel said:

Absolutely.  I'm of the generation who fought to change "girl" to "woman."   I remember the old days in the office when men referred to "my girl" or worse "my gal."   It wasn't easy.  Now to hear everyone say girl again dismays me a bit.  I also am particularly surprised at Carole.  

Now I've got to read Ramona's blog.   I think the power on the show has drifted away from Bethenny at last.  She has no allies, really can't count Lu and Sonja; they are the nobodies, especially with Lu's incident coming up shortly.   Most of them shied away from direct confrontation with her because of her Andy connection and her Carole connection.  They feared she had clout with casting, and she probably did.  Hey, she may still, but the others don't seem to care.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

Well, I have to be honest, I see no indication that Ramona is struggling financially the way we've seen Sonja and Luann struggle. She has the apartment and apparently the house in the Hamptons and if the book and wine didn' do so well... she doesn't appear to be hurting. I don't think she took Mario to the cleaners but she seems to have landed well.

When have we ever seen Luann struggle financially?  She sold her house for $8 million dollars and bought another for under $3 million.  Rumors of Luann struggling have been made up out of thin air.  

If tomorrow Ramona were without a Bravo check she would feel it.  She needs to make those mortgage payments on her homes.  It would not surprise me if Ramona loses her Bravo gig she will sell her Hamptons home or rent it out as much as she possibly can.  She already rents it for part of the summer.  

• Love 4
(edited)
21 minutes ago, weaver said:

Absolutely.  I'm of the generation who fought to change "girl" to "woman."   I remember the old days in the office when men referred to "my girl" or worse "my gal."   It wasn't easy.  Now to hear everyone say girl again dismays me a bit.  I also am particularly surprised at Carole.  

Now I've got to read Ramona's blog.   I think the power on the show has drifted away from Bethenny at last.  She has no allies, really can't count Lu and Sonja; they are the nobodies, especially with Lu's incident coming up shortly.   Most of them shied away from direct confrontation with her because of her Andy connection and her Carole connection.  They feared she had clout with casting, and she probably did.  Hey, she may still, but the others don't seem to care.  

Interesting, there are even more "radical" feminists who tried to change the spelling of woman to womyn. 

I'm still ok with hanging out with my girls.

Same as my "kids" are still my "kids" even though they are adults in their late 30's.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

And Carole has snarked on B in her THs for years, even when they were close friends. This is one acerbic bunch; it doesn't mean they are coming for each other. 

I think things may be standing out more to some people because they KNOW what's coming. 

(I'm from the Midwest, but I have such a dark, sarcastic, inappropriate sense of humor. I relate to Bethenny a lot on that level.)

Yup. Agree. That's how I saw it. And Ramona is incredibly biased against Bethenny. They've had issues for the past few years. She is super excited that she might have an ally in Carole, so she's going to do whatever she can to kiss Carole's ass. 

Ramona doesn't want to be left at the kiddie table with Sonja anymore. And B won't tolerate her antics. So she's trying to wedge herself in somewhere else. 

Ramona's perception of a situation means little and less, to me. 

This is why I take Ramona's blog with a grain of salt. She's been after Bethenny for years - I'm sure any long time fan of RHONY remembers the walk across the bridge on Bethenny's last season (B4 she left to do her show with Jason etc and so on) - aka, the Jill vs Bethenny season. Not to mention how ridiculous Ramona was with Bethenny last season... Ramona's not really a neutral source. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Happy Camper said:

Interesting, there are even 4more "radical" feminists who tried to change the spelling of woman to womyn. 

I'm still ok with hanging out with my girls.

Same as my "kids" are still my "kids" even though they are adults in their late 30's.

Off topic, but in an office environment, the word "girl" was used in a demeaning way.  No one said "boy" about men of the same age and possibly doing the same job.  It was also a reflection of, when I started work, the lack of female executives or women with any power at all.  When men who had dedicated secretaries (common then) and referred to them as "my gal" I literally used to cringe.   

• Love 6
(edited)
28 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

When have we ever seen Luann struggle financially?  She sold her house for $8 million dollars and bought another for under $3 million.  Rumors of Luann struggling have been made up out of thin air.  

If tomorrow Ramona were without a Bravo check she would feel it.  She needs to make those mortgage payments on her homes.  It would not surprise me if Ramona loses her Bravo gig she will sell her Hamptons home or rent it out as much as she possibly can.  She already rents it for part of the summer.  

I think Lu is frugal.  She so frequently wears the same clothes and doesn't seem to engage in frivolous spending.   She's in her 50's and has a long life ahead.  She's got to plan for the possibility that her money will need to last for a long time.   She'd have an apartment in the city if she were really flush.  I'm sure Jacques paid for the west side apartment she had for a season or two. As for Ramona, I think she's been very smart with her money.   I'm sure the apartment and house had no mortgage on them; they'd owned both for a while.    Maintenance on the Hamptons house must be huge (gardening, etc), and renting it out for a month or two for a fortune solves that problem.  In the long run, she has a huge asset with the Hamptons home.  She too has many years to go and she'll want to live in the style to which she's accustomed.  She can always do what Lu did, sell the big Hamptons place and buy a smaller one, but I think renting the big house is a better option.  

Ramona is renting this year for $165 thous a month.  https://hamptons.curbed.com/2018/4/24/17274480/real-housewives-new-york-ramona-singer-southampton-rental

Edited by weaver
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, weaver said:

Off topic, but in an office environment, the word "girl" was used in a demeaning way.  No one said "boy" about men of the same age and possibly doing the same job.  It was also a reflection of, when I started work, the lack of female executives or women with any power at all.  When men who had dedicated secretaries (common then) and referred to them as "my gal" I literally used to cringe.   

I guess it depends on the context. "Girl" can be used in so many ways. I understand a man referring to his secretary as  " his girl" could be seen as offensive, because it infers possession. It would be just as offensive is he referred to his secretary as "my woman". 

If I am going out with the girls, or having a girls night out, those are my affectionate terms.

I really don't think that Luann using that term is offensive in any way, because I think she is using it as an affectionate term.

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, weaver said:

I think Lu is frugal.  She so frequently wears the same clothes and doesn't seem to engage in frivolous spending.   She's in her 50's and has a long life ahead.  She's got to plan for the possibility that her money will need to last for a long time.   She'd have an apartment in the city if she were really flush.  I'm sure Jacques paid for the west side apartment she had for a season or two. As for Ramona, I think she's been very smart with her money.   I'm sure the apartment and house had no mortgage on them; they'd owned both for a while.    Maintenance on the Hamptons house must be huge (gardening, etc), and renting it out for a month or two for a fortune solves that problem.  In the long run, she has a huge asset with the Hamptons home.  She too has many years to go and she'll want to live in the style to which she's accustomed.  She can always do what Lu did, sell the big Hamptons place and buy a smaller one, but I think renting the big house is a better option.  

Ramona is renting this year for $165 thous a month.  https://hamptons.curbed.com/2018/4/24/17274480/real-housewives-new-york-ramona-singer-southampton-rental

Ramona had to pay Mario for his half of the properties and it would be the current value-so if the properties came up to $10 million, Ramona would have to fork out $5 million.  That is where the mortgages come in.   I seriously doubt they had $10 million in cash lying around and according to Ramona, Mario's business had been floundering, after he lost his mind and started cheating on her.  

Ramona has had her house up for rent several times-if she were flush she would not be renting out her home-especially during the season.  It is her home and not a investment property.   I love this from the comments from the article you posted (thanks for link):  Can’t believe she kept that cheap tile in the bathroom. It’s not in a great location either and after meeting Ramona, I wouldn’t want to live in one of her properties. Nasty.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

I guess it depends on the context. "Girl" can be used in so many ways. I understand a man referring to his secretary as  " his girl" could be seen as offensive, because it infers possession. It would be just as offensive is he referred to his secretary as "my woman". 

If I am going out with the girls, or having a girls night out, those are my affectionate terms.

I really don't think that Luann using that term is offensive in any way, because I think she is using it as an affectionate term.

No, the man (and it was ALWAYS a man) should have said "my assistant."   Perhaps because woman's role has improved so much in the workplace it doesn't matter as much anymore, but it did matter then.  Words do connote something.

Lu was affectionate with her Whoop Whoops  and her Diana Ross too.   Sometimes she needs to be a bit more mindful.  

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

It's beautiful, but I just couldn't live in a magazine like that.

Too sterile for my taste.

It is too Ikea.  That home at one time had some nice touches but now it is without a style.  See comments in the article.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, weaver said:

No, the man (and it was ALWAYS a man) should have said "my assistant."   Perhaps because woman's role has improved so much in the workplace it doesn't matter as much anymore, but it did matter then.  Words do connote something.

Lu was affectionate with her Whoop Whoops  and her Diana Ross too.   Sometimes she needs to be a bit more mindful.  

Would you consider "SkinnyGirl" offensive? 

Because I don't think Bethenny's products are meant for women under the age of 16.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Ramona had to pay Mario for his half of the properties and it would be the current value-so if the properties came up to $10 million, Ramona would have to fork out $5 million.  That is where the mortgages come in.   I seriously doubt they had $10 million in cash lying around and according to Ramona, Mario's business had been floundering, after he lost his mind and started cheating on her.  

Ramona has had her house up for rent several times-if she were flush she would not be renting out her home-especially during the season.  It is her home and not a investment property.   I love this from the comments from the article you posted (thanks for link):  Can’t believe she kept that cheap tile in the bathroom. It’s not in a great location either and after meeting Ramona, I wouldn’t want to live in one of her properties. Nasty.

There was a story that although officially they split the properties, Mario sold his half to Ramona for $0.  Whether that is true or not, I have no way of knowing.  I completely agree that Ramona is not flush.  She's comfortable, but planning for the long run.  I wouldn't want to lay out all the annual expenses for the Hamptons house, with or without a mortgage, not knowing what my long term income was going to be.   With life expectancy as it is, she's going to live a long time.  

1 minute ago, Happy Camper said:

Would you consider "SkinnyGirl" offensive? 

Because I don't think Bethenny's products are meant for women under the age of 16.

Don't like the word the way it is currently used, as I said.  So no I didn't like the SkinnyGirl name.   

• Love 2
(edited)
12 minutes ago, weaver said:

There was a story that although officially they split the properties, Mario sold his half to Ramona for $0.  Whether that is true or not, I have no way of knowing.  I completely agree that Ramona is not flush.  She's comfortable, but planning for the long run.  I wouldn't want to lay out all the annual expenses for the Hamptons house, with or without a mortgage, not knowing what my long term income was going to be.   With life expectancy as it is, she's going to live a long time.  

Don't like the word the way it is currently used, as I said.  So no I didn't like the SkinnyGirl name.   

Now I have to admit that I completely respect your perspective, even if it differs with mine.

I was completely wrong to assume that your opinion was based on your taking sides with Bethenny against Lu.

Fair enough! I really need to check my assumptions before I check the final "post" button.

Cheers!

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 2
46 minutes ago, weaver said:

Ramona's home seems excessive for a single woman with an adult daughter. I have to respect Luann's choice of a more modest home in the Hamptons. It's way more homey and welcoming than Ramona's huge summer home. But... then again - Ramona's home fits Ramona. And if she can get $165K for a month of renting it - more power to her I suppose ;) . On that website I couldn't resist checking out Jill's home, which apparently is more affordable to rent than Ramona's... if you have that kind of money laying around to put on a rental - lol :) 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

And Carole has snarked on B in her THs for years, even when they were close friends. This is one acerbic bunch; it doesn't mean they are coming for each other. 

I think things may be standing out more to some people because they KNOW what's coming. 

(I'm from the Midwest, but I have such a dark, sarcastic, inappropriate sense of humor. I relate to Bethenny a lot on that level.)

Yup. Agree. That's how I saw it. And Ramona is incredibly biased against Bethenny. They've had issues for the past few years. She is super excited that she might have an ally in Carole, so she's going to do whatever she can to kiss Carole's ass. 

Ramona doesn't want to be left at the kiddie table with Sonja anymore. And B won't tolerate her antics. So she's trying to wedge herself in somewhere else. 

Ramona's perception of a situation means little and less, to me. 

Why do some people know what's coming?   More importantly, why don't I know what's coming?   LOL

Is it because I don't read the gossip sites?    I actually read the blogs this week and still can't figure it out.

I agree with you about Ramona.   Her opinion is meaningless to me as well.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Why do some people know what's coming?   More importantly, why don't I know what's coming?   LOL

Is it because I don't read the gossip sites?    I actually read the blogs this week and still can't figure it out.

I agree with you about Ramona.   Her opinion is meaningless to me as well.

Carole has been waging war with Bethenny on twitter and Bethenny has made a few comments as well. Then add in the previews + the blogs (mainly Carole's and now Ramona's) and you know something is up with Bethenny's feelings toward/about Carole. Oh, and don't forget their THs, they are revealing something is not as it once was as well. LOL

• Love 2
(edited)
11 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Carole has been waging war with Bethenny on twitter and Bethenny has made a few comments as well. Then add in the previews + the blogs (mainly Carole's and now Ramona's) and you know something is up with Bethenny's feelings toward/about Carole. Oh, and don't forget their THs, they are revealing something is not as it once was as well. LOL

Thank you.    I thought it was something more concrete.    Knowing things are not as they once were is far from WWIII.  Sometimes the hype is misleading. 

ETA:   Their Twitter war is for ratings.   I don't follow either of them.  My Twitter use is strictly political.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, AnnA said:

Thank you.    I thought it was something more conrete.    Knowing things are not as they one we're is far from WWIII.   Sometimes the hype is misleading. 

Without a doubt, Andy/Bravo/production likes to tease us into thinking one way and then it turns out very different but Carole is already revealing that she/Bethenny have a complete fallout and Ramona is backing up that not all is well between B/C. Heck, we have been seeing signs of it happening on the show these past few episodes. And, we have Bethenny tweeting that her/Carole's friendship wasn't as strong/real as we were led to believe by none other than Carole AND Bethenny themselves. LOL  I am basing my opinion, that there is a major shift/end in their friendship based on what both of them are saying on SM. Unless of course you believe that both Bethenny and Carole are lying to us now on SM/in their THs/in interviews and in Carole's blogs?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, weaver said:

I don't like it either, Weaver.

• Love 2
(edited)
32 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Without a doubt, Andy/Bravo/production likes to tease us into thinking one way and then it turns out very different but Carole is already revealing that she/Bethenny have a complete fallout and Ramona is backing up that not all is well between B/C. Heck, we have been seeing signs of it happening on the show these past few episodes. And, we have Bethenny tweeting that her/Carole's friendship wasn't as strong/real as we were led to believe by none other than Carole AND Bethenny themselves. LOL  I am basing my opinion, that there is a major shift/end in their friendship based on what both of them are saying on SM. Unless of course you believe that both Bethenny and Carole are lying to us now on SM/in their THs/in interviews and in Carole's blogs?

You're quick!  You quoted me as I was fixing my typos.   I've been having iPad issues lately but I don't like sitting at my desk anymore to use my PC.   I may have to buy a laptop.   I have two of them but they're old and need to go to scrap heap.

I'm sure Bethenny and Carole will have a major falling out but I doubt it will be the end of the HW world as we know it. The reunion seating arrangement will be interesting.   Ramona, Sonja and Tinsley are close to irrelevant so I'm curious to know where LuAnn and Dorinda will be seated.   

OMG!  I just dismissed three of them as irrelevant and expressed interest in where the two drunks will sit.  ?

ETA:  I know LuAnn went to rehab after her arrest & time should have healed the Tom wounds so hopefully she's not drinking now.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Mortgage payments at this point?  I thought Ramona k husband had a upscale jewelry business?  Maybe she had to pay him off in the divorce settlement?  I could just imagine what that apartment in the city costs her.

Edited by Gem 10
14 minutes ago, AnnA said:

You're quick!  You quoted me as I was fixing my typos.   I've been having iPad issues lately but I don't like sitting at my desk anymore to use my PC.   I may have to buy a laptop.   I have two of them but they're old and need to go to scrap heap.

I'm sure Bethenny and Carole will have a major falling out but I doubt it will be the end of the HW world as we know it. The reunion seating arrangement will be interesting.   Ramona, Sonja and Tinsley are close to irrelevant so I'm curious to know where LuAnn and Dorinda will be seated.   

OMG!  I just dismissed three of them as irrelevant and expressed interest in where the two drunks will sit.  ?

ETA:  I know LuAnn went to rehab after her arrest & time should have healed the Tom wounds so hopefully she's not drinking now.

Oh heck, it isn't going to end anything but the fall out will be interesting and entertaining for the rest of the season and the reunion will be really good with lots of dirt on both Carole and Bethenny (I hope)! LOL

I see Bethenny, Luann and Sonja on 1 couch with Bethenny next to Andy, Luann next to Bethenny with Sonja at the far end.  Carole will be on the other couch next to Andy with Tinsley next to her then Dorinda with Ramona at the far end of that couch. 3 on 1 couch and 4 on the other. LOL

Luann is still sober.

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Well AnnA.  Your I-pad must have broke my I-pad.  Mine keeps reloading and reloading and then I lose my posts.  I asked Apple and didn't get an answer.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Oh heck, it isn't going to end anything but the fall out will be interesting and entertaining for the rest of the season and the reunion will be really good with lots of dirt on both Carole and Bethenny (I hope)! LOL

I see Bethenny, Luann and Sonja on 1 couch with Bethenny next to Andy, Luann next to Bethenny with Sonja at the far end.  Carole will be on the other couch next to Andy with Tinsley next to her then Dorinda with Ramona at the far end of that couch. 3 on 1 couch and 4 on the other. LOL

Luann is still sober.

Ramona all the way on the end of a couch with four people?

Oh how the mighty have fallen....

13 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Well AnnA.  Your I-pad must have broke my I-pad.  Mine keeps reloading and reloading and then I lose my posts.  I asked Apple and didn't get an answer.

I'm sorry.   Do you think we're spreading it by quoting each other's posts?   LOL

Isn't  it annoying? 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I'm sorry.   Do you think we're spreading it by quoting each other's posts?   LOL

Isn't  it annoying? 

Absolutely.  Maybe we should ask Dorinda about our problem.  She's a know-it-all.  She'll make it nice.  LOL.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Isn't  it annoying? 

It will either be Dorinda or Ramona on the end of that couch, it depends who Bethenny has the most problems with during the rest of the season and from Dorinda's blog after the PR trip, I say it will be her. Which leaves Ramona on the end and she might do better there, she will get fewer poisoned arrows thrown at her by Bethenny. LOL

• Love 3
(edited)
15 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

It will either be Dorinda or Ramona on the end of that couch, it depends who Bethenny has the most problems with during the rest of the season and from Dorinda's blog after the PR trip, I say it will be her. Which leaves Ramona on the end and she might do better there, she will get fewer poisoned arrows thrown at her by Bethenny. LOL

Ramona will not be happy to lose her seat next to Andy to Carole.    

Does fighting with Bethenny elevate Carole's status?  If yes, how sad for Carole.  Is that the best she has to offer?

Was it last year that Ramona nodded off?

Edited by AnnA
9 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Wow - Dorinda’s blog makes it seem like Bethenny set her up, inviting her to an impromptu dinner after they had been drinking. Glad Dorinda called the big b out for the big b she is - Bethenny so loves it when others stumble and does get gleeful when assigning a derogatory label. Bethenny sucks! (Have I said that yet today?)

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Bethenny sucks! (Have I said that yet today?)

Some fans love her and some fans love to hate her.  

That's a win-win for Bethenny and Bravo and why they pay her big bucks.

• Love 3

I'm sorry you feel I am making things up. 

Here's what I base my opinion on. Luann has struggled since her divorce to find a place to live in NYC and while she has looked at some lovely places, her tastes versus her ability to pay appear to be the problem. 

When she was demoted to "friend" on the show, which btw means getting paid less, she clearly upped the charm and the drama to get back to the higher status and higher pay and it was generally understood that she needed the money from the show. She also willingly lived in Sonja's Grey Gardens home rather than just easily rent an apartment (if money is no object, why stay somewhere uncomfortable like Sonja's?)

Now, is Luann as poor as Sonja? Don't think so. Is she as well off as she was when she was married to the Count? No, and it shows. If you don't agree, that's fine.

*for the record, in the grand scheme of things, ALL of these women including Sonja aren't struggling except in maintain a wealthy lifestyle way

• Love 1
4 hours ago, weaver said:

Mario gave an interview https://okmagazine.com/photos/mario-singer-reveals-divorce-deal-rhony-ramona/  

Mario told OK!, “The fact is that I signed over the condominium to Ramona in exchange for a financial settlement on both our Southampton house and our New York City apartment.”

He claimed, “I received half of the value of our two homes as the divorce laws of New York clearly state that there is to be equitable distribution in a divorce.”

Mario insisted, “Do you actually believe that I would walk away with nothing after 22 years of marriage where I contributed to our net worth?”

This is why I think Mario took out his fair share on the properties and Ramona has big payments.

6 hours ago, Jel said:

This made me chuckle since Carole insisted during the season eight reunion that she's actually from the same generation as 18-years-younger Jules. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Can’t believe she kept that cheap tile in the bathroom. It’s not in a great location either and after meeting Ramona, I wouldn’t want to live in one of her properties. Nasty.

I went back and looked at the bathroom picture.  Enlarged it.  I have to agree.  The tile is cheap.  The grout is old and in pretty bad shape. And gold fixtures. Perhaps she hasn't gotten around to renovating that bath, yet  Looks like the kitchen has been redone, tho - the geometric orange & green tile is gone.  Thumbs up, Moaner. 

I've said it before but I'm always surprised to see they chose a vinyl lined swimming pool. That and the builder's grade bathroom tile makes me wonder where else they cut corners. 

I don't know the Hamptons, so whats wrong with the location? The backyard looks private and I like the pond behind the pool.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

I'm sorry you feel I am making things up. 

Here's what I base my opinion on. Luann has struggled since her divorce to find a place to live in NYC and while she has looked at some lovely places, her tastes versus her ability to pay appear to be the problem. 

When she was demoted to "friend" on the show, which btw means getting paid less, she clearly upped the charm and the drama to get back to the higher status and higher pay and it was generally understood that she needed the money from the show. She also willingly lived in Sonja's Grey Gardens home rather than just easily rent an apartment (if money is no object, why stay somewhere uncomfortable like Sonja's?)

Now, is Luann as poor as Sonja? Don't think so. Is she as well off as she was when she was married to the Count? No, and it shows. If you don't agree, that's fine.

*for the record, in the grand scheme of things, ALL of these women including Sonja aren't struggling except in maintain a wealthy lifestyle way

I didn't say you were making it up.

I did the math Luann needs to be in NYC about 10 days for filming.  This year she rented a penthouse and was being interviewed and let it be known she only rented the place because Bravo forced her to.  They screw around the end of October, then they trot off to the Hamptons, then it is Thanksgiving break, on to the Berkshires, Christmas break, (this year Luann had a rehab break) they come back do a couple of days and then it is off for the big trip and then the finale.

It is a TV show about the rich-Luann is throwing the people a bone-it is a plot line.  I have explained there is no need to have anything more than a hotel room like Tinsley for the few days they film in NYC.  The living with Sonja was about a five day thing.  

Luann refuse to film because she wanted more money.  She got it.  There was a very long hiatus while they came to terms with Luann-about 18 months.  If Luann were broke she would take what was offered and get down to filming. Ramona converted to per diem because they make more money.  That is why Sonja was forever mad at Dorinda for cancelling her from the Berkshires trip she lost about $60,000.00.  Luann missed about two episodes-the withholding the apple had more to do with Luann delaying filming by holding out and of course Aviva and her various stunts.  It was stupid as Luann ended up saving the show when it had hit rock bottom in the ratings department. At the time there was an article about how Luann ended up making more money by going per diem.  She was happy.

No one on the show has ever indicated Luann has money issues.  

• Love 4
7 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I would much rather be called a “girl” and addressed as “miss.” When someone says, “Thank you, ma’am,” I feel ancient.

Try living in Hawaii, where everything is "Thanks, Auntie!" ? And they’re all being so polite, you just have to accept it... lol

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, ryebread said:

I went back and looked at the bathroom picture.  Enlarged it.  I have to agree.  The tile is cheap.  The grout is old and in pretty bad shape. And gold fixtures. Perhaps she hasn't gotten around to renovating that bath, yet  Looks like the kitchen has been redone, tho - the geometric orange & green tile is gone.  Thumbs up, Moaner. 

I've said it before but I'm always surprised to see they chose a vinyl lined swimming pool. That and the builder's grade bathroom tile makes me wonder where else they cut corners. 

I don't know the Hamptons, so whats wrong with the location? The backyard looks private and I like the pond behind the pool.

Well she is south of the highway, so she has that going for her.  Eww didn't know about the vinyl lined pool-seems Mario ruled and got his fancy tennis court.  Maybe the pond is more of a swamp?  My guess is it was originally built as a summer home and did not have a lot of character.  They bought it in 1994 for under a million so maybe it was like a builder grade place waiting for the owners to make it charming?  What made me laugh is after seeing her interaction with the "artist" Ramona has this monochromatic white house and all of sudden there is a traditional Thomas Kinkade painting on the wall.  I am thinking the floors are Pergo rather than hardwood.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, AnnA said:

Ramona will not be happy to lose her seat next to Andy to Carole.    

Does fighting with Bethenny elevate Carole's status?  If yes, how sad for Carole.  Is that the best she has to offer?

Was it last year that Ramona nodded off?

Ramona fell asleep 2 reunions ago, which is almost 3 years ago. LOL

Ramona doesn't always sit by Andy, she has been in the middle a number of times. Actually. being 1 of the HWs involved in THE big storyline/fight gets you a seat next to Andy, so this season it will be Bethenny on 1 side, Carole on the other instead of sitting beside Bethenny for the first time. LOL

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Ramona fell asleep 2 reunions ago, which is almost 3 years ago. LOL

Ramona doesn't always sit by Andy, she has been in the middle a number of times. Actually. being 1 of the HWs involved in THE big storyline/fight gets you a seat next to Andy, so this season it will be Bethenny on 1 side, Carole on the other instead of sitting beside Bethenny for the first time. LOL

I would think LuAnn getting arrested is a much bigger deal than Carole's fighting with Bethenny.  

HWs fight all the time but LuAnn's arrest, the circumstances leading up to it and rehab are mindblowing.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I would think LuAnn getting arrested is a much bigger deal than Carole's fighting with Bethenny.  

HWs fight all the time but LuAnn's arrest, the circumstances leading up to it and rehab are mindblowing.

It's possible that Luann will sit by Andy but I suspect that although he talks to her about it, the main topic will be the Bethenny/Carole fallout. But, we have a while to go before we know for sure and things are changeable during the season as fights erupt/break out between these HWs. LOL

• Love 4
1 hour ago, leslieo54 said:

Try living in Hawaii, where everything is "Thanks, Auntie!" ? And they’re all being so polite, you just have to accept it... lol

LOL.  Dubai (well, most of the Middle East, really) gives you the “Ma’amsir”.  The service staff (usually Filipino) combine it as one word and you get it no matter what your gender is. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I see Bethenny has put her Montauk highway investment house on the market already.  She didn't do much with it, but hopes to make $1mil.  Maybe she will.  Or maybe Ramona was correct about the location; we shall see.  

https://hamptons.curbed.com/2018/5/16/17357154/bethenny-frankel-bridgehampton-morning-glory-lists

I felt sorry for Jill when she had to leave the Southampton house.  Bobby had not died yet, he was in an out of the hospital.  I'm sure she knew (or he told her) that she wouldn't be able to afford it any more.   She certainly made use of that house. 

https://hamptons.curbed.com/2018/5/18/17367944/real-housewives-new-york-jill-zarin-southampton-rental-summer 

Edited by weaver
  • Love 1
(edited)

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-10/blogs/carole-radziwill/carole-radziwill-to-bnice-or

Wow. Carole's blog. 

Like Carole or not, I found it to be a real zinger to Bethenny's personal truth. 

Bethenny let Carole into her world, let her get close when they became friends off camera, which she has a hard time doing in any personal relationship. 

Stay tuned. 

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 6