Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

(edited)
16 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Let's the people of Puerto Rico how much they care how loudly someone blows her own horn.  The benefits GREATLY outweigh any irritation.

Eh shes making it sound like only the money and supply's she gives is going to the people she said "no one else is helping"  ...and insinuates that all those other people are keeping most of the money..... only she is their true savior and champion......  so that greatly undermines every other charity that is trying to help the people so i think that does great harm. (side note the towns she went into had ZERO electricity what good are those money cards gonna do? they cant spend them without electricity and working phone lines or internet not dogging her but there was no thought in that)

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

that all those other people are keeping most of the money so that greatly undermines every other charity that is trying to help the people so i think that does great harm.

No, that’s been something that has been proven.  These charities are required to submit records.  Very few involved in these efforts have a good record.  Google Red Cross, it’s shocking.  So it’s not people keeping the money it’s large organizations using it for admin.  Big scandal in the UK.  The volunteers were documented spending their days at the spa etc.  All of them got yanked out.  In the months following the relief effort FEMA said there were no trucks so no ships could dock and it all sat in the harbor to rot.  Meanwhile individuals were sending passenger planes filled to the brim with supplies.  It was a mess.  Most of the PR that had the means just moved to the US.  There are a lot of articles about the influx in certain states.  But we are off topic.

• Love 10
(edited)
12 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

No, that’s been something that has been proven.  These charities are required to submit records.  Very few involved in these efforts have a good record.  Google Red Cross, it’s shocking.  So it’s not people keeping the money it’s large organizations using it for admin.  Big scandal in the UK.  The volunteers were documented spending their days at the spa etc.  All of them got yanked out.  In the months following the relief effort FEMA said there were no trucks so no ships could dock and it all sat in the harbor to rot.  Meanwhile individuals were sending passenger planes filled to the brim with supplies.  It was a mess.  Most of the PR that had the means just moved to the US.  There are a lot of articles about the influx in certain states.  But we are off topic.

So you are saying EVERY Charity other then hers is ripping people off?? every one? and like you said other people where sending private planes so it wasnt just Beathney which she made it sound like.. thats the problem with her she does great things but then opens her mouth and shits on 90% of what she is trying to do by making it about her or about the people who she says didnt "help" or only  gave this much or that much( when did she become the yard stick on how much someone should give?) ......and not the people.... just my 2cents

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 8
11 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

So you are saying EVERY Charity other then hers is ripping people off?? every one? and like you said other people where sending private planes so it wasnt just Beathney which she made it sound like.. thats the problem with her she does great things but then opens her mouth and shits on 90% of what she is trying to do by making it about her or about the people who she says didnt "help" or only  gave this much or that much( when did she become the yard stick on how much someone should give?) ......and not the people.... just my 2cents

No, are you saying none of them do?  Are you saying that she didn’t say anything about the other people?  That she never tweeted nor shared an insta story about the soup kitchens or the other planes on the runway unloading?  That she never gave a shout out to a group concentrating on a certain mission?  That she said this person or that person didn’t help?  Just my 2 cents.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, QuinnM said:

No, are you saying none of them do?  Are you saying that she didn’t say anything about the other people?  That she never tweeted nor shared an insta story about the soup kitchens or the other planes on the runway unloading?  That she never gave a shout out to a group concentrating on a certain mission?  That she said this person or that person didn’t help?  Just my 2 cents.

are we not watching the same show? she stated no one else is helping these people (making it sound like it was all her)  she even got into it with sunny hostin because of these comments and making it more about her then the people of PR

• Love 5
6 hours ago, weaver said:

But Andy and Carole have a long time relationship.  He'd been trying to get her on the show for ages.  My point was one of the reasons Bethenny cozied up to Carole in the beginning was the Andy/Carole friendship.  Carole/Bethenny then made a formidable duo on the show against the others.  Now that Carole has broken this off, I think the others feel quite free to be Bethenny's "enemy" for show and personal purposes.  I'd be really uncomfortable on the show if I were Bethenny because she takes things so personally.  But as we both said, its her platform for advertising the jeans, so I doubt she'll leave.  Carole has no reason to leave because she has Tinsley, she's having fun, and the money is nice.  

I'm sure Bethenny met Carole at some Andy function but Carole would have seen how much Andy LOVES Bethenny, so I think it's a wash there.

From what we are seeing on the show, Bethenny broke off the friendship, not Carole. Carole is still supporting Bethenny, talking her up/cheering her on in everything (except for her THs which are filmed much later) except when Bethenny snaps at her and you can see her, Carole's, confusion when Bethenny does it. 

1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Then she's insanely obtuse. She and Tinsley were thick as thieves. She and B hadn't really been hanging out. Sounds more like a mutual "being done with", to me. And if Carole thought she was "as tight as ever" with someone she barely hung out with, then she is truly delusional. 

Wait, so just because Bethenny and Carole are (were) such close friends that means that Carole isn't allowed to get close to any other HW and they can't do separate things, that they must spend all their time with each other? You can clearly see that Carole has no clue why Bethenny is snapping at her or why Bethenny is being distant with her but you can see/tell that Bethenny is through with Carole. 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Unless one follows Bethenny's SM, daily (most viewers don't follow any HW's SM daily), and just went by what Bethenny has said on the HW show, then Yes, she did say that "no one else" was helping PR other than "her/her team"! Bethenny builds herself up by tearing others down and she doesn't need to do that, her charity work is enough to stand on it's own. She just can't not be nasty!

• Love 15
21 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Well this round didn’t turn out so good for Sunny.  She was roundly slapped back by everyone who replied.  One did note that she shouldn’t make her own petty beef with B about the PR people.

BUT ... just like Lisa VP without being on tv there would be no visibility to create the change.  She was running a plane at a time and then Michael’s group reached out with a distribution network and asked her to work with them to get a ship through the FEMA embargo.  And Jose Andres is using his visibility to feed thousands as well.  All Sunny did was show up once with a film crew and flounce about then show it on her show.  So they are all the same.  But Sunny hates Bethenny so she made it about PR this time.  It would probably still be going on if Bethenny hadn’t shamed her by saying that children died in another school shooting and shouldn’t that be what we talk about.

I appreciated what Bethenny and her partners did for Puerto Rico and her continuing efforts.  

I am not aware of a FEMA embargo-I was under the impression the issue was logistics-they had product but no drivers to deliver. There was a waiver of the Jones Act which allowed goods ashore and goods were waiting in port.  

What I strongly dislike is when Bethenny tries to deflect and change the conversation.  Telling people witnessing or reading about the imbroglio between she and Sunny about Puerto Rico by "shaming" Sunny via the use of the nightmare that is school shooting.  Bethenny did the same thing when confronted about her suspect Lost at Sea narrative.  Instead of addressing the accusations she said we should be talking about Giuliana Rancic's breast cancer.  It is very condescending to use the tactic Bethenny employs.  Sometimes it is better to disconnect from the conversation.

Sunny is Puerto Rican and a journalist.  Her traveling back home and bringing awareness is pretty par for the course.  Large viewing audience and it is done in real time.  Lots of journalists went down to report on the stories of the hurricane.  Many of the major news outlets ran contact information to donate or help.  Bethenny used social media and also used a quasi documentary process.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Then she's insanely obtuse. She and Tinsley were thick as thieves. She and B hadn't really been hanging out. Sounds more like a mutual "being done with", to me. And if Carole thought she was "as tight as ever" with someone she barely hung out with, then she is truly delusional. 

And let's not forget how she didn't want to include Tinsley in her social group, but got all pissy if Tinsley met up with anyone without her. Sonja wanted to keep Tinsley in a tower, like Rapunzel. 

Well, and is that even true? In regards to the race? I won't begrudge her completing it, and I won't criticize her time at all. But, while she actually "ran" alone, she did use a trainer beforehand. 

The bulk of what she did never made it on the show. I understand why others don't like her. But I don't get the notion that she's helping just for the cameras. 

Last year after they went to Mexico, it seemed to me Bethenny was working with "Shark Tank", "RHOBH", "Bethenny and Fredrik" (which Carole had a cameo on), #thisisacrisis and any number of exotic vacations with the accompanying bikini photo op and of course time with her daughter.  Carole and Bethenny were together in July for the Reunion filming.  Not to diminish this great friendship but wasn't there only the two off seasons of prior history?  

I am not sure who Sonja's social group is but I always kind of assumed it was RHONYC cast.  Sonja has had priors from being excluded.  I think Sonja is crazy as all get out but I do think her paranoia regarding being excluded has some basis in reality.  

I am not sure how one runs a race other than "alone" or "all by myself".  As a matter of fact I think there are rules against assisting runners other than water along the way.  For a writer sometimes Carole doesn't make sense. 

Although I wish Bethenny would stop with putting others down in the disaster relief realm, I do think it is deeply gratifying for her and ultimately the recipients of the goods and money that she is so energetic in her assistance.  Bethenny won't be the first or the last to try and tackle dilemmas facing disaster relief.  Every business person thinks charities could be better run like a business.  This is one time her "know it all" doesn't always work.  There can be endless citations of failures of organized charities but the bottom line is the big charities need paid staff and have to pay for administrative expenses like rent and utilities and workers comp insurance and health insurance.  Volunteer organizations are amazing but there is no accountability for volunteers if they fail to show up or do their assigned task.  What has worked for Bethenny's other endeavors is exposure, platform, and branding and fighting the forces that dislike her use of the same.  Of course she is going to go with what she knows.      

• Love 5
On 5/17/2018 at 1:03 PM, albarino said:

How DARE Bethenny call Adam behind Carole's back.  What is she, 13 years old?!?

Age doesn't have anything to do with it.  Bethenny had no relationship with Adam before Carole and was never Adam's friend.  I don't think anyone would be pleased if a friend contacted their partner without going through them first.  Bethenny didn't even ask Carole to go, but she asked her lover to accompany her on a trip?  You'd call your friend's lovers and ask them to take trips with you?

On 5/17/2018 at 12:30 PM, Ki-in said:

It wasn't a dig, she was merely stating facts. When did stating a fact become a dig or insult? Saying someone doesn't have kids is not a put down. Carole does not have kids, she is childless, fact, not insult. 

Now the dig at her career (while kind of true) is shots fired.

All of it was a dig.  Bethenny has been negative towards Carole the whole season.  She hasn't said anything good about Carole in any of her solo camera interviews and the comments about her having things in common with Tinsley were no exception.  While some of the things Bethenny said were true, her intention and the context of the comments make them a dig.  She was saying them to hurt Carole.  It's no different than Ramona bringing up LuAnn's husband cheating on her left and right or bringing up LuAnn's daughter being transferred from multiple schools.  While those things were true, she state them while being in a bad place with LuAnn in order to hurt.  Bethenny has had issues with all the women and major fall outs with all of them except Tinsley and that's only because she's new and doesn't fool with Bethenny too much.

• Love 11
On 5/17/2018 at 11:43 AM, Juneau Gal said:

Who would have ever thought that a Man-bunned, hipster doofus, who makes sexy salads and doesn’t look like he can scare up the energy to bathe, could be so Machiavellian (tm Camille Grammar)?

I think the term you’re looking for is “Machiavellic.”

• Love 5
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

From what we are seeing on the show, Bethenny broke off the friendship, not Carole. Carole is still supporting Bethenny, talking her up/cheering her on in everything (except for her THs which are filmed much later) except when Bethenny snaps at her and you can see her, Carole's, confusion when Bethenny does it. 

You can clearly see that Carole has no clue why Bethenny is snapping at her or why Bethenny is being distant with her but you can see/tell that Bethenny is through with Carole. 

Carole should be just about now grasping that now that Jason's stalking case is over with, Bethenny doesn't need Carole anymore to be her mouthpiece and mention him on camera to promote Bethenny's narrative! Carole didn't even see it coming. I can only hope Carole turns on Bethenny and spills. 

• Love 12
(edited)
7 hours ago, weaver said:

She was known as Duff for years on MTV.  

But that was 30 years ago.  For at least the last 15 years she's been known as a very rich lady, who is seen at a lot of fancy/shmancy charity events, wearing fancy/shmancy ball gowns.  Her days as Duff on MTV were long, long ago.

She's NEVER referred to as "Duff" when her pic shows up in those fancy-people-at-parties pubs/mags/blogs/instagrams.  She's always referred to as Karen Duffy.  Pretty sure only people who know her (& know her well) call her Duff to her face these days.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Eh shes making it sound like only the money and supply's she gives is going to the people she said "no one else is helping"  ...and insinuates that all those other people are keeping most of the money..... only she is their true savior and champion......  so that greatly undermines every other charity that is trying to help the people so i think that does great harm. (side note the towns she went into had ZERO electricity what good are those money cards gonna do? they cant spend them without electricity and working phone lines or internet not dogging her but there was no thought in that)

I have never heard most of what you wrote--you could be right, I'm just unaware.   I'm sure the debit cards were given after research into what was acceptable and worked.  There was a lot of thought in this endeavor.  There are experienced professional charity workers on this project; they don't want to waste their valuable resources for some TV celebrity.

26 minutes ago, Talented Tenth said:

While some of the things Bethenny said were true, her intention and the context of the comments make them a dig.  She was saying them to hurt Carole.  It's no different than Ramona bringing up LuAnn's husband cheating on her left and right or bringing up LuAnn's daughter being transferred from multiple schools.  

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why Andy Cohen keeps these women on his shows.   A continuing sweet kindness will get someone kicked off in a minute!  The bitchier "ladies" seem to be his favorites.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why Andy Cohen keeps these women on his shows.   A continuing sweet kindness will get someone kicked off in a minute!  The bitchier "ladies" seem to be his favorites.

Well we do love us some catty women lol 

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Talented Tenth said:

Age doesn't have anything to do with it.  Bethenny had no relationship with Adam before Carole and was never Adam's friend.  I don't think anyone would be pleased if a friend contacted their partner without going through them first.  Bethenny didn't even ask Carole to go, but she asked her lover to accompany her on a trip?  You'd call your friend's lovers and ask them to take trips with you?

All of it was a dig.  Bethenny has been negative towards Carole the whole season.  She hasn't said anything good about Carole in any of her solo camera interviews and the comments about her having things in common with Tinsley were no exception.  While some of the things Bethenny said were true, her intention and the context of the comments make them a dig.  She was saying them to hurt Carole.  It's no different than Ramona bringing up LuAnn's husband cheating on her left and right or bringing up LuAnn's daughter being transferred from multiple schools.  While those things were true, she state them while being in a bad place with LuAnn in order to hurt.  Bethenny has had issues with all the women and major fall outs with all of them except Tinsley and that's only because she's new and doesn't fool with Bethenny too much.

First off Carole and Adam were no longer an item.  I would like to think when one is rustling up volunteers of the opposite sex they would not have to go through the spouse/significant other and get permission to contact the individual.  It was a one day trip.  Is Carole now a photographer-why would she be asked to go?  Adam's bodyguard?  Previously Carole had no problem with Adam's ex-Nicole accompanying him to a weeks long out of the country trip-who knew Carole would be so sensitive?  So why a friend you have vacationed with as couples?

I don't think Bethenny has any use for socialites-as evidenced by her reaction to Kelly Bensimon and now Tinsley.   Worst thing that can happen is Bethenny to be indifferent to you if you want to continue on the show.  Bethenny was pretty terse with Carole over her constant tardiness.  I feel like it is tough to be Bethenny's friend because who wants to be in a position where they have to defend themselves or be accountable? 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

I disagree, to an extent. It certainly would depend on the situation. It's not like she's asking him to go on vacation alone with her, if it's an opportunity for him to use his talents (we'll give man-bun dude benefit of the doubt) to raise awareness of how horrific a situation actually is, then I wouldn't consider it a big deal. Maybe that's just me. Now, if they're sharing a hotel room (y'know, to keep costs down and stuff) I might have an issue. I would definitely want to be kept in the loop, but wouldn't necessarily be upset about making the contact, especially if we've declared ourselves uncoupled friends with "coffee".

• Love 2

It seems like Bethenny’s main problem with Carole is that she’s not her exclusive puppet anymore - narcissists like Bethenny punish perceived disloyalty, so things could get pretty ugly.

• Love 18

I read Carole's blog and the very first thing she said was to complain about Bethenny asking Adam to go to Houston without clearing it with her first.    I thought these people were adults but apparently Carole is stuck in junior high.   Adam is an adult.  Carole is not his mother.  Bethenny did not have to ask "mommy" if Adam could work.    And weren't they broken up at the time anyway?

BTW........I didn't know Adam was a photographer.   I thought he was a chef.

• Love 7

Adam is an adult.  Carole is not his mother.  Bethenny did not have to ask "mommy" if Adam could work.    And weren't they broken up at the time anyway?

I'd love it if someone would clarify if Adam and Carole were together at that point. 

If they were still together, while I think its a lil whiny and controlling on Carole's part, I do get why its disrespectful on Bethany's part. But if they were no longer seeing each other, then why is Carole playing the betrayal card over a job offer?

I really have never gotten the impression Bethanny was into Adam, after all.

• Love 3

I can tell you, with 100% certainty, that if a friend of mine called up my boyfriend/lover/coffeefriend to ask if he wanted to help out with a charitable cause I would not care in the slightest bit. Going on a vacation for fun? Weird. Going on a trip to document for charity? Could not care less. But then, I am not a woman obsessed with a man who is clearly moving on. 

Pathetic.

• Love 10

It's not something I would care about in my own life, no. I'm pretty live and let live. But if I was still in a relationship with the guy, and a friend asked him somewhere, I'd be a little put out if I was close with the woman.

It's not worth ending a friendship over, especially if I then break up with the guy...

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I don't think Bethenny has any use for socialites-as evidenced by her reaction to Kelly Bensimon and now Tinsley.   

I don't know if that's true. I hate to reduce motivations to jealousy, but so much of Bethenny's early reality tv career would suggest that she doesn't have a problem with socialites. Bethenny has so many pictures with thirsty strivers like Devorah Rose in the beginning of her reality career. These are folks that Tinsley only hung with on her way down. I think Bethenny's biggest problem with socialites is that she wasn't one and had a hard time accessing that world.

I found this funny Town & Country social ranking of all of the New York wives. I wonder if this will change during the season.

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/g19609547/real-housewives-of-new-york-social-ranking/

Carole taking issue with Bethenny contacting Adam is weird. It's not like Bethenny had never met Adam. I don't know what that's all about.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, WireWrap said:

She just can't not be nasty!

Including being nasty in Puerto Rico itself:

"The production source offered:

"On a trip to Puerto Rico, where she attempts to position herself as the second coming of Mother Teresa, Bethenny was downright mean to the production crew and threatened to have one of the crew members fired for getting lost during production.

It was shocking how she treated this crew member.  This person was legitimately lost on an island without power and cell service - and Bethenny lost her mind, screaming at them and threatening to end their career. It was horrible.

The team behind the show were amused that when the camera was turned on Bethenny was all 'namaste' and charitable and soon as the camera was switched off she'd be yelling at the crew, telling them they couldn't break for lunch and just generally making a difficult trip to a disaster zone even worse."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5456121/Bethenny-Frankel-tried-quit-RHONY-feud-Carole-Radziwill.html#ixzz5G4qu8bUs

I think somebody is showing the world that to Bethenny Frankel, crew members are only slighly human, 

~and i bet it's dorinda

• Love 14
37 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I don't know if that's true. I hate to reduce motivations to jealousy, but so much of Bethenny's early reality tv career would suggest that she doesn't have a problem with socialites. Bethenny has so many pictures with thirsty strivers like Devorah Rose in the beginning of her reality career. These are folks that Tinsley only hung with on her way down. I think Bethenny's biggest problem with socialites is that she wasn't one and had a hard time accessing that world.

I found this funny Town & Country social ranking of all of the New York wives. I wonder if this will change during the season.

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/g19609547/real-housewives-of-new-york-social-ranking/

Carole taking issue with Bethenny contacting Adam is weird. It's not like Bethenny had never met Adam. I don't know what that's all about.

I think Bethenny would jump at the chance to hob nob with real socialites just like she loves hanging with (and dropping their names) A/B list stars or their "crews". Bethenny is THE ultimate wannabe that is actually climbing the social ranks. Now how long she will keep climbing is another matter, she just can't help shooting herself in the foot with her nasty big mouth, time and time again. 

• Love 7
(edited)
56 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

That Town and Country piece was an interesting read.   They don't think much of these women.   As a Bethenny fan, I did appreciate the rankings:  #1 Tinsley #2 Carole #3 Bethenny.   What I liked best was they said Tinsley and Carole owe their social status to their husbands and family connections while Bethenny earned hers on her own.     The scores were pretty close too.

ETA:  I'd love to know Ramona's reaction to her pathetic score

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 6
41 minutes ago, film noire said:

"On a trip to Puerto Rico, where she attempts to position herself as the second coming of Mother Teresa, Bethenny was downright mean to the production crew and threatened to have one of the crew members fired for getting lost during production.

It was shocking how she treated this crew member.  This person was legitimately lost on an island without power and cell service - and Bethenny lost her mind, screaming at them and threatening to end their career. It was horrible.

The team behind the show were amused that when the camera was turned on Bethenny was all 'namaste' and charitable and soon as the camera was switched off she'd be yelling at the crew, telling them they couldn't break for lunch and just generally making a difficult trip to a disaster zone even worse."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5456121/Bethenny-Frankel-tried-quit-RHONY-feud-Carole-Radziwill.html#ixzz5G4qu8bUs

I think somebody is showing the world that to Bethenny Frankel, crew members are only slighly human, 

~and i bet it's dorinda

if this really did happen, that's really shitty. I've said b4 I've been team Bethenny since the show started, and honestly although we've seen glimmers of her temper - such as when she went off on Luanne - she quickly apologized and those two had some unspoken animosity for years. But this is just awful - if it's true, maybe she should move on and get it together. If it's not true, and she wants to stay on the show - I suspect production will keep her around for quite some time. I mean look how many pages in we are here on PTV, with the vast majority of the posts discussing Bethenny - pro and con. Which is what a show like RHONY wants... If I actually saw a video of Bethenny doing what is alleged in the link above, I'd admittedly have second thoughts on being team Bethenny moving forward. Time will tell...

• Love 13
(edited)
19 minutes ago, BodhiGurl said:

if this really did happen, that's really shitty. I've said b4 I've been team Bethenny since the show started, and honestly although we've seen glimmers of her temper - such as when she went off on Luanne - she quickly apologized and those two had some unspoken animosity for years. But this is just awful - if it's true, maybe she should move on and get it together. If it's not true, and she wants to stay on the show - I suspect production will keep her around for quite some time. I mean look how many pages in we are here on PTV, with the vast majority of the posts discussing Bethenny - pro and con. Which is what a show like RHONY wants... If I actually saw a video of Bethenny doing what is alleged in the link above, I'd admittedly have second thoughts on being team Bethenny moving forward. Time will tell...

If is the operative word here.

Do I believe Bethenny is capable of freaking out on someone who screwed with her plan/schedule?   Absolutely!  

Do I believe this story is 100% factual? Absolutely NOT.

Do I believe she wanted to quit over her dispute with Carole?  Absolutely NOT.   

I don't usually read this crap.   Now I remember why. 

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, BodhiGurl said:

It took Bethenny a year to apologize to Luann after the "slut" rampage, after she revealed Tom cheating on her I believe, and even then, it wasn't a sincere apology. LOL I do agree that Bravo will keep Bethenny on the show as long as Bethenny wants to be on but she has been complaining about not having enough time to do the things she wants to do and that something has to give. She is going to have to cut back on something and I'm not sure what she will pick.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, AnnA said:

If is the operative word here.

Do I believe Bethenny is capable of freaking out on someone who screwed with her plan/schedule?   Absolutely!

Do I believe she wanted to quit over her dispute with Carole?  Absolutely NOT.   

I don't usually read this crap.   Now I remember why. 

That Carole related gossip has me really dealing with side-eye and finding this highly suspect... Maybe all this gossip came from Carole's social media buddy that started a dust up years ago... until I see it on camera I have a hard time believing it... if she as such a twat in PR while Dorinda was there - given how hot Dorinda is about Bethenny's comments - why wouldn't she bring it up - even on the sly? 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, film noire said:

"On a trip to Puerto Rico, where she attempts to position herself as the second coming of Mother Teresa,

Although I'm (mosly) a Bethenny fan and absolutely give her credit for her hard work and great results of the Puerto Rican efforts, there is no way Mother Teresa (or anything close) would even enter my mind or anyone's.   Most of these "sources" are the eptiome of hyperbole.    I like to say those two words phonetically.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, BodhiGurl said:

That Carole related gossip has me really dealing with side-eye and finding this highly suspect... Maybe all this gossip came from Carole's social media buddy that started a dust up years ago... until I see it on camera I have a hard time believing it... if she as such a twat in PR while Dorinda was there - given how hot Dorinda is about Bethenny's comments - why wouldn't she bring it up - even on the sly? 

Well, Dorinda might bring it up on camera but there is no guarantee it would make it past editing. Bethenny does seem to get a much better edit, all of the HWs have been shown as hypocrites/acting bad/being mean except Bethenny. They never seem to show flashbacks showing any of Bethenny's nasty, OTT behaviors, just the others so I do believe that production/Andy protect her and her image. All of which translates to IF this nasty behavior did happen during the filmed PR trip with Dorinda, it will never be seen on the show. 

• Love 4
(edited)
10 minutes ago, BodhiGurl said:

I have a hard time believing a lot of what I see on camera too.    I don't think the HWs are scripted per se but I do believe the season's storyline is predetermined and most situations intentionally setup.  The "reality" part is the HWs have to sink or swim in whatever situation they find themselves in.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, film noire said:

"On a trip to Puerto Rico, where she attempts to position herself as the second coming of Mother Teresa, Bethenny was downright mean to the production crew and threatened to have one of the crew members fired for getting lost during production."

49 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Although I'm (mosly) a Bethenny fan and absolutely give her credit for her hard work and great results of the Puerto Rican efforts, there is no way Mother Teresa (or anything close) would even enter my mind or anyone's.   Most of these "sources" are the eptiome of hyperbole.    I like to say those two words phonetically.

"The second coming of Mother Teresa" is a statement so covered in sarcasm that it's a sarcasm roast cooked sous vide in its own sarcasm juices and finished with a sarcasm reduction sauce. The person making that statement thinks Bethenny's charity work was clear bullshit to burnish her image even if it did result in good.

Mother Teresa as a derisively hyperbolic metaphor or cliche is at least 30 years old, if not older. It's maybe as old as when she won her Nobel, which was 1979.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1997-09-08/news/9709080064_1_mother-teresa-nobel-peace-princess-diana

However, I have my doubts that the crew would complain about any of the housewives. Ramona and Sonja seem like they would be particularly awful to the crew. Vicki has assaulted a producer. Filming Kim Richards when Kingsley with a taste for human flesh was around barely resulted in any action other than Bravo hiring a trainer for the dog. 

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, AnnA said:

That Town and Country piece was an interesting read.   They don't think much of these women.   As a Bethenny fan, I did appreciate the rankings:  #1 Tinsley #2 Carole #3 Bethenny.   What I liked best was they said Tinsley and Carole owe their social status to their husbands and family connections while Bethenny earned hers on her own.     The scores were pretty close too.

ETA:  I'd love to know Ramona's reaction to her pathetic score

Ramona.jpg

• Love 14
30 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Well, Dorinda might bring it up on camera but there is no guarantee it would make it past editing. Bethenny does seem to get a much better edit, all of the HWs have been shown as hypocrites/acting bad/being mean except Bethenny. They never seem to show flashbacks showing any of Bethenny's nasty, OTT behaviors, just the others so I do believe that production/Andy protect her and her image. All of which translates to IF this nasty behavior did happen during the filmed PR trip with Dorinda, it will never be seen on the show. 

I must agree with you Wirewrap; Beth, despite some very horrific behaviour: at the Berkshires, the Tipsygirl response to Sonja, the "oh-so-painful-reveal" of Tom's indiscretions at the the Regency to Luann, Beth's ventriloquist act with Carole as the puppet wrt Jason  {Chicago is one of my favourite films, Beth and Carole can't beat Richard and Renee!}, but we get nothing but a rose-coloured glasses view of Beth on Bravo. Nothing about the heinous business practices of Dennis, nor, despite her insistence that she is honest, about her sexual predator boyfriend in an earlier season.  If it is true that Beth hired and paid for the services of a video and photography team to film her interactions  with those suffering in PR, it is almost certain that any scathing footage will have been destroyed, if,indeed, it was ever even filmed.  Given Beth's treatment of her co-workers, {Jules, Heather, Sonja, Ramona, Tinsley, ....} I have no doubt that her behaviour towards staff is much, much worse!  SM is Beth's medium and she controls it with an iron fist. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, film noire said:

~and i bet it's dorinda

That is horrible.  Dammit.   I am impressed with Beth’s charitable efforts in PR, and I’m disappointed that this reads as credible.

• Love 6
58 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I have a hard time believing a lot of what I see on camera too.    I don't think the HWs are scripted per se but I do believe the season's storyline is predetermined and most situations intentionally setup.  The "reality" part is the HWs have to sink or swim in whatever situation they find themselves in.

It isn't scripted, the producers start planning the overall storyline based on what happens during filming and it can change if something juicy comes along mid season. They then edit all the footage after the regular season is done being filmed to fit into the storyline they chose as the season progressed. The THs are filmed throughout the season but they can and have filmed new THs to fit into the chosen narrative after the entire season is finished with the exception of the reunion. Bottom line, the show "storyline" isn't decided until about 1/3 - 1/2 of the regular season is already filmed, although, they do have some ideas on the direction they want to go based on what the HWs tell them they will be doing during filming but nothing firm until filming.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Midnight Cheese said:

That is horrible.  Dammit.   I am impressed with Beth’s charitable efforts in PR, and I’m disappointed that this reads as credible.

I, too, hope it isn't true and may just be lots of talk. It reminds me of what went down with Alex Bellino/OC (I can't remember if you post over there?) Heather and Tamra attacked her at a reunion some years ago claiming "everybody says" and "we all know" how rude Alex allegedly is to sales people and crew members and it became a thing. Then Jeff Lewis (who does not like Heather) gave this interview last year about who the rude one really is (heh, I had to dig back through my own old posts to find this). It gets specific around the 1:40 mark:

http://www.accessonline.com/videos/flipping-out-star-jeff-lewis-heather-dubrow-is-fake-pretentious/

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

It isn't scripted, the producers start planning the overall storyline based on what happens during filming and it can change if something juicy comes along mid season. They then edit all the footage after the regular season is done being filmed to fit into the storyline they chose as the season progressed. The THs are filmed throughout the season but they can and have filmed new THs to fit into the chosen narrative after the entire season is finished with the exception of the reunion. Bottom line, the show "storyline" isn't decided until about 1/3 - 1/2 of the regular season is already filmed, although, they do have some ideas on the direction they want to go based on what the HWs tell them they will be doing during filming but nothing firm until filming.

I said it wasn't scripted.

I do believe the producers have more than just "some ideas" on the direction.   I also don't believe production relies solely on what the HWs tell them they'll be doing.   The HWs' major activities, i.e., trips depend on what Bravo is willing to pay for.   The other parties, shopping trips, spa visits, Hamptons, Berkshires are pretty routine.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 1
(edited)

I know that it’s very different, because the history is just so extremely unpleasant, but it would be interesting to see how Beth would react if Carole called Jason for some kind of favor. 

ETA: I would like to substitute Dennis for Jason, because Wirewrap knows his/her RH shizzle. 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 7
45 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I said it wasn't scripted.

I do believe the producers have more than just "some ideas" on the direction.   I also don't believe production bases that on what the HWs tell them they'll be doing.   The HWs' major activities, i.e., trips depend on what Bravo is willing to pay for.   The other parties, shopping trips, spa visits, Hamptons, Berkshires are pretty routine.

Well you actually said " I don't think the HWs are scripted per se but", which I took to mean that you do think there is some scripting going on. Sorry if I misunderstood. I was just filling in what does happen according to some HWs and production people that have spilled filming secrets. Yes, the big events are planned before filming begins, especially the all girls trip but the HWs let production know if anything they are doing would be good for filming. Like Bethenny/PR, LisaV/Yulin DF trip/then subsequent film, Luann/Evine dress line, Rinna/QVC line, Kyle buying a new house/moving, Heather/clothing line/charity/organ donation, Carole/marathon, Ramona/shopping event, ect.. Then production schedules those thing in, some make the cut, most don't, especially if something pops up that changes the direction production was heading at first. No storyline is set in stone because these women are all a bit nutty and unpredictable, which is why Bravo loves, loves, loves them. LOL

• Love 3
(edited)
27 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Well you actually said " I don't think the HWs are scripted per se but", which I took to mean that you do think there is some scripting going on. Sorry if I misunderstood. I was just filling in what does happen according to some HWs and production people that have spilled filming secrets. Yes, the big events are planned before filming begins, especially the all girls trip but the HWs let production know if anything they are doing would be good for filming. Like Bethenny/PR, LisaV/Yulin DF trip/then subsequent film, Luann/Evine dress line, Rinna/QVC line, Kyle buying a new house/moving, Heather/clothing line/charity/organ donation, Carole/marathon, Ramona/shopping event, ect.. Then production schedules those thing in, some make the cut, most don't, especially if something pops up that changes the direction production was heading at first. No storyline is set in stone because these women are all a bit nutty and unpredictable, which is why Bravo loves, loves, loves them. LOL

You're right.  I did say "per se."   I meant that they're not given an actual script to follow but I would think they're "encouraged" to take a certain position in some situations.   I'd probably go as far as to say that production might even facilitate a disagreement between HWs.   While I can't be certain about any of this, I'm willing to bet the show is far less organic than they'd like us to believe.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I know that it’s very different, because the history is just so extremely unpleasant, but it would be interesting to see how Beth would react if Carole called Jason for some kind of favor. 

Carole has never met Jason.  Carole is pretty much a witness against Jason - or maybe not.

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, AnnA said:

You're right.  I did say "per se."   I meant that they're not given an actual script to follow but I would think they're "encouraged" to take a certain position in some situations.   I'd probably go as far as to say that production might even facilitate a disagreement between HWs.   While I can't be certain about any of this, I'm willing to bet the show is far less organic than they'd like us to believe.

Production does encourage each HW by spilling things said by the others about them in hopes it ups the drama but they don't try to put words in their mouths and they encourage them to repeat stuff to the others on camera. The THs are a great example of how production gets the HWs to react differently than what we saw in the actual moment when it (whatever it was) happened. The THs are also designed to up the drama for the reunion (and SM) because they don't know what each says in their TH until they see each episode a week before we see it on TV. An example from this season would be that although regular filming is over, Carole is more angry now because she is seeing/hearing everything Bethenny said about her/Adam/Tinsley to the others and in her THs, so she is even more upset than what the episode itself should warrant. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Neeners said:

I don't get what Tinsley brings to this show. The only one she hangs with is Carole and her only story line is Scott.

I agree—-last season she was doing the whole “finding myself by going back to Manhattan” storyline well, but this season it’s literally just been nothing but her blubbering about her breakup-to-makeup with Scott in between bitching at other cast members about their gossiping about her. She needs to find another storyline STAT; like pursue a new career or discover a new hobby, start looking for new places to live, just DO SOMETHING already!! 

And I say this as a Tinsley fan; she’s a legitimate socialite whom the show was lucky to cast originally. But she’s better bring something else to this series soon or she’s likely going to get fired.

• Love 9
(edited)

Have we ever seen Adam and Bethenny interact on the show? She is always so dismissive about him when she talks about him (this predates him turning the Houston trip down) so theee might be an additional reason that Carole thought it was weird Bethenny didn’t tell her she was going to ask him.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 6