Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Kemper said:

What pastry/donut company would have Carole as a spokesperson or as advertisement cool chick?  She is skin and bones.  She would probably be one of the worst Housewives to be a spokes-model.  Who knows, maybe she loves donuts and volunteered.

Her body type makes her the perfect choice.

DD:  "See, our product doesn't make you fat!  Look at this skeletal specimen, she isn't fat now is she?  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

Except that it was pre season red carpet when Carole brought up Bethenny saying something about Adam as the reason for tension. And it was Carole who brought it up and dinner. So if Carole didn’t want Adam dragged into it then she needs to keep his name out of her mouth. But then she really would lose that story line. 

Carol is pissed at Bethenney for exposing the real Adam.  The guy a lot of us thought he was from the beginning, a gold dicker.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

Carol is pissed at Bethenney for exposing the real Adam.  The guy a lot of us thought he was from the beginning, a gold dicker.

I haven't looked at him that way at all.  Being in the right place at the right time is a big factor in most if not all of these people's lives.  Falling in love with or at least becoming involved with someone of note or of wealth, for me at least, doesn't automatically translate to being a gold digger.  

If wealthy/famous folks should only hook up with people of equal means, there would be a lot of lonely, single people.

• Love 6
(edited)
18 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I haven't looked at him that way at all.  Being in the right place at the right time is a big factor in most if not all of these people's lives.  Falling in love with or at least becoming involved with someone of note or of wealth, for me at least, doesn't automatically translate to being a gold digger.  

If wealthy/famous folks should only hook up with people of equal means, there would be a lot of lonely, single people.

I wasn't talking about money...

Edited by Martinigirl

I don't necessarily think Adam was a "gold dicker" but I won't lie, I question why a guy his age is or was involved with a woman of Carole's age and not exactly stunning looks

• Love 5
(edited)
7 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Hmm.  I'll bite, what do you mean by gold dicker?

basically calling him a man whore. I'm not understanding the argument here is he a trust fund kid or is he a gold digger? cause if hes a trust fund kid he wouldn't need to gold dick anyone

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

I don't necessarily think Adam was a "gold dicker" but I won't lie, I question why a guy his age is or was involved with a woman of Carole's age and not exactly stunning looks

I could sort of see an interest in someone who is well-traveled, has had interesting jobs, a slightly Kennedy connection...

Plus single and horny.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Hmm.  I'll bite, what do you mean by gold dicker?

Anything that can upgrade his lifestyle...exposure, getting his name out there, etc. This most likely happened due to LuAnn and Carol. I'll give him the benefit of doubt and say "happened faster" if not for LuAnn and Carol. 

My gut tells me Bethenney knew this and tried to warn her friend Carol. Carol wasn't going to listen just like Luann didn't listen to Beth about Tom.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

I'm pretty sure Bethanny explained in a TH in a previous episode that her role was about gathering donors while her partners managed all the other details. Maybe it lends the impression that Bethanny is the leader of everything because she's being very open about her own experiences of being involved in this project but in fairness, she can only speak to her experiences and she is the one that is a cast member of this show, not her business partners. She explained that she was brought in after the project was started, she said what her specific role was and even when telling Dorinda about Adam asking about comps, she said 'we went back and told him that there were no comps for it' which implies that there is a collective effort that is discussing and making decisions. While I get the impression that Bethanny has taken her involvement too personally which has led to her own judgements about the other women based on who they supported/contributed to her cause, I have never personally been under the impression that Bethanny was the leader or that she was trying to suggest that she was the one calling all of the shots.

Between Bethenny's SM and how she explained what she did in PR, she made it sound like she was the one in charge, not the other charity, but her B Strong, which isn't true. I'm not trying to take away from the good she has done but she didn't do it by herself and she wasn't the one in charge at all.

1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

Or she had Adam as a paid photographer and he can add it to his portfolio. 

That would still mean that some donut company approached Carole's PR team and asked her to represent them first. Do we even know who took the photos or is this just an assumption/possibility?

• Love 3
Just now, Martinigirl said:

Anything that can upgrade his lifestyle...exposure, getting his name out there, etc. This most likely happened due to LuAnn and Carol. I'll give him the benefit of doubt and say "happened faster" if not for LuAnn and Carol. 

My gut tells me Bethenney knew this and tried to warn her friend Carol. Carol wasn't going to listen just like Luann didn't listen to Beth about Tom.

Well, that may all be true, but as I said ^upthread, it could easily be said that she had an agenda as well...i.e. storyline.

Orrrrrr, two people with a 20-yr age difference met and became intimately involved for straight forward, normal, every day reasons.  I know boring, right?

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

While my gut tells me that Bethenny had no problem with Adam until he said No to her! LOL

• Love 18
3 hours ago, lezlers said:

Was that Duff from the MtV days of yore???  She looked like it and the name was the same but I wasn't sure. She was one of the original Veejays!   What was that patch on her chest.  It was quite distracting.  I'm gonna feel like a real asshole if it was medically necessary and needed to be on that spot.

It looked like a pain patch.  

• Love 3
(edited)
20 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

Anything that can upgrade his lifestyle...exposure, getting his name out there, etc.

ummm couldn't you say that about anyone on this show that peddles their wine or clothes or anything? I mean honestly where would Bethany be without doing this? would you say she used Jill and real housewives to make a name for herself? where would Luann be? she wouldn't have her playlist on Pandora. its not like Adam just used carol and dumped her once he got uber famous cause hes not uber famous

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

Sorry but no way.  If someone took me on vacation and asked me later on to help out with a charity...then you help.   In fact, they shouldn’t even have to ask.  

Agreed. I think that her point is probably this:if you (Adam) had time and no worries of missing pay when I tromped you on several extended lavish vacations (I assume she didn’t “pay” him to vacation) but now she’s asking he go somewhere with her that’s time away for charity and still isn’t paid, why would he throw the “if you’re not paying me I won’t go” bit. In my opinion he could have held onto his integrity a bit better by just saying it was a schedule conflict. If you’re free for fun in exotic locales but not free for charity I can see Bethany feeling that he’s disingenuous. 

• Love 12
34 minutes ago, sadie said:

Agreed. I think that her point is probably this:if you (Adam) had time and no worries of missing pay when I tromped you on several extended lavish vacations (I assume she didn’t “pay” him to vacation) but now she’s asking he go somewhere with her that’s time away for charity and still isn’t paid, why would he throw the “if you’re not paying me I won’t go” bit. In my opinion he could have held onto his integrity a bit better by just saying it was a schedule conflict. If you’re free for fun in exotic locales but not free for charity I can see Bethany feeling that he’s disingenuous. 

That's a very good point.  

• Love 4
On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 8:04 PM, Mindthinkr said:

I really hope that the relief that Bethenny brought was truly able to help people. 

I agree with Dorinda. The news coverage didn’t really show the extent of the disaster. 

Whatever is Sonja’s problem about leaving her neighborhood? 

I found myself cheering Bethenny during those scenes, and normally I am not a fan.  The devastation, months later, is horrifying.

Sonja's problem is she's an entitled bitch.  She's originally from Albany, NY,  Being a native NYC'er myself (ok, grew up in the burbs), I have always seen that the worst examples of "NYC'ers" turn out to be transplants to the city.  People who have always lived in and around NYC don't act like leaving the tri-state area is death.  And heck, she appeared to be traveling WITHIN the boundaries of NYC!  Get over yourself!

1 hour ago, weaver said:

Some people, well the New York Post anyway, think Dennis Shields is pretty shady, an operator you could say.  

https://nypost.com/2018/01/02/how-firms-are-getting-rich-on-the-surest-money-grab-in-nyc/

True bottom feeders, fleecing everyone and making themselves rich. 

• Love 12
54 minutes ago, sadie said:

I have no doubts that any vacation Bethenny took Carole/Adam on were planned well in advance where all of them could arrange their schedules. Adam isn't rich, he has to work for a living to pay his bills, which means that he just can't not show up for work/forego his paycheck like Bethenny can. Bethenny forgets what it is like to have to worry about earning enough to afford an apartment, oops, I forgot, she never had that worry, her father/step father paid her rent for her. LOL

• Love 16
(edited)
9 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I'm not impressed by TT's purple pen. I thought it was a lot of weak sauce opinions. If you want an actual takedown of Carole with some opinions, but lots of actual receipts, check out @ItIsAboutThePasta in Carole's thread. I generally like Carole, but she can be a hypocrite.

However, Bethenny is a tremendous asshole and for whatever reason Carole's relationships with Tinsley and Adam bother Bethenny. Rather than saying what's actually bothering her, Bethenny decides to wage this weird shadow campaign against Tinsley and Adam. It's immature and nasty. For all of her faults, Carole has repeatedly asked Bethenny if she, Carole, did something to upset Bethenny. Bethenny has continued to answer with a blithe "no" while continuing to spread disinformation and be manipulative. The answer is clearly "yes" based on her actions. She's hurt that Carole seems closer to Tinsley. She's upset that Carole seems only generally interested in her charity work. And I think she wanted more assistance from Carole to help with fundraising in Carole's set of friends, especially among the journalists. That's the thing with Bethenny, her mouth moves a lot and she talks a lot, but she often isn't vulnerable in a real way. She couldn't just talk to Carole. She had to start being manipulative rather than just show that she was a hurt friend. It's unbelievably immature.

Also Luann needs to shut the fuck up about Adam being a "user" and "boring." That's some bullshit revisionist history and retroactive continuity there. He was so boring and such a user that she continued to lay into Carole for dating him and "breaking up" Adam and Nicole. Because that was Luann's fondest wish, that her niece continue to have a romantic relationship with a boring cheating user. It's also why when she listed her objections to Carole and Adam dating, she said that he was boring and a user. Oh wait, she didn't. Luann is a bandwagon hoping bitch. I see what she's doing and I'm not buying it.

Carole has had a lot of clicks and misses on this show.  Bethenny was an instant click with Carole.  Maybe it was because Carole told Bethenny as an ice breaker, she had a dream where she went downtown Julie Brown on her.

Luann said Adam had been dating Nicole and Carole through her "friendship" with Luann had met Nicole and Nicole had discussed Adam during their conversation.  It was Kristen et al, who made a big deal of telling Luann.  Adam for some reason decided he should tell Nicole.  At the time Carole met Adam, he was staying at Luann's and skateboarding with her minor son and picking up some much needed exposure for his business ventures.  I think operator is an apt description of Adam.  His exposure, created by Luann and furthered by Carole and her friends has been very helpful to Adam.

Luann is entitled to tell the world how she feels about Adam.  Nicole worked Adam's defunct charity, after Carole took up with Adam.  I think it is refreshing that Luann is expressing how she feels about Adam.   I don't think there is much revisionist history going on-Luann made her initial comments and then accepted the situation and has been pleasant to Adam.  I don't find much about Adam interesting.  I never knew he was a professional photographer.  What I do see in Adam is an incredibly rich vacation schedule.  The man, who spends three hours a day commuting between clients has a very rich leisure and travel schedule.  Luann and Carole have been at odds for many seasons-the only season Carole was remotely civil to Luann was the season they went to Heather's in the Berkshires.  The only bandwagon Luann is hopping on is her own.  She doesn't have time for these cutthroats.  

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 10
On 17/05/2018 at 8:01 AM, bichonblitz said:

Sonja was on WWHL last night. She is a real peice of work. She was practically mauling Keith Hernandez, she couldn't keep her hands off him. She would not shut up, either. Andy was quite annoyed. She is completely off the rails. 

I just listened to the podcast last night. I had to turn it off, Sonja was completely nuts and wouldn't shut up. She talked over everyone, well, she talked constantly, I think Keith was annoyed by her also. Get this chick some mental health help, she's teetering on that ledge 

• Love 10
On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 8:19 AM, Keywestclubkid said:

can i ask why? I mean just the BA at Columbia is more then a lot of people achieve (because they cant afford to go to collage) and is not something given to you but you have to earn ....is it because she doesn't have children? what makes you say she hasn't achieved anything in her life? to get any degree is something to be proud of and to brush it off like its nothing is doing a great disservice to everyone who works their ass off to go to school and get them

I'd say it's that her book, the fashion lines, etc, were likely (1) ghostwritten and (2) designed by others.  She got those "careers" because she managed, through wealth or connections of some sort, to land herself on some lousy reality TV program [before, of course, our beloved RH series :')].  Tinsley doesn't appear to have had to work for anything in her life.  Graduated from Columbia?  Ok, if the actual university, hard to get into, but it's not like she's done anything with the degree.  Most families with money send their kids to college.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I think "deep down" Carole never thought Bethenny would turn on her like she has everyone else in her life, save Bryn. I think "deep down" that Carole really thought she and Bethenny were real friends with a friendship that would stand the test of time. She was wrong!

Again, agree to disagree. I don't think Bethenny turned on Carole, or even that Carole turned on Bethenny. I think they grew apart. And I'm sure some things were said and done on BOTH sides that hurt the other. I've seen this happen a lot with friendships over the years. It's sad, but it happens. 

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

While my gut tells me that Bethenny had no problem with Adam until he said No to her! LOL

My gut tells me that Bethenny had inklings about Adam for awhile, but kept them to herself out of respect for her friend. Adam saying "no" to her charity might have been something she couldn't keep quiet about. 

1 hour ago, sadie said:

Exactly. It was the WAY he handled it.  I realize everyone can't help every cause and if he just couldn't do it, that's fine. But the first fucking thing out of his mouth was, "what are the comps?" Just comes off really selfish and callous, to me. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, Lynnlynnlynn586 said:

LOL ???to clean the dog shit

That was most definitely raccoon shite.  Take it from the Lady of Grey Gardens West Manor/Casa de Deplorable.  I know turds.  I also know raccoons. I'm about a liter of vodka away from just opening the back door and letting them run rampant ...  ;-)

17 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Yeah, but for a few dozen cartons of ciggies.

Send those ciggies my way.  Poison of choice is V-Slims 120s, formerly known as "luxury lights".  ;-)

• Love 8
On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 8:02 PM, Jel said:

Why does Tinsley always look like the world's oldest nine year old? 

Word.  Tinsley has one of the worst cases of arrested development I've ever seen.

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, lezlers said:

Word.  Tinsley has one of the worst cases of arrested development I've ever seen.

Apparently, there IS a god of morons, who keeps them safely outside my circle of bitch-slapperly.

• Love 10
On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 8:11 PM, LilaFowler said:

I think that's what she's going for. Honestly. Behavior and all.

Bethenny has mentioned "fake eyelashes" in reference to Carole and Tinsley not once but twice. Pure speculation here, but I wonder if Bethenny thinks that Carole has changed (for the worse) since she lodged herself in Tinsley's armpit.

I was wondering that myself.  I mean, just from what we've seen so far this season, it seems like Carole HAS changed and become a lot more superficial and shallow this season.  Of course, it could just be that she's always been this way and Tins is bringing out those aspects of her personality and making them more noticeable. I mean, I can't stand Sonja and think she's a nasty piece of work but Carole and Tinsley's behavior at that dinner was pretty bad.   They were all seated at a small table and Carole and Tins were giggling, talking shit and laughing about her loud enough that she can plainly hear them.  I wonder if that's why Beth kind of jumped to Sonja's defense.  In the Sonja/Tins war I'm firmly on Tins' side, but her behavior at that dinner made it kind of hard to be.  It was very mean girl.  I noticed that Carole acted very "mean-girl" esque when she hung with Beth, too.  Now I'm wondering if CAROLE is really the mean girl and brings it out in the people she hangs with.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Between Bethenny's SM and how she explained what she did in PR, she made it sound like she was the one in charge, not the other charity, but her B Strong, which isn't true. I'm not trying to take away from the good she has done but she didn't do it by herself and she wasn't the one in charge at all.

She made it seem that way in your estimation. I'm not taking away from how you see the situation just providing an alternate perspective that suggests that it isn't so cut and dry. I personally think she's said enough about her business partners and their roles for me to know that she's certainly not doing everything on her own and there's a very large component of work that she's not even involved she. She has her particular part to do and she's hyper focused on that and that is the part she's sharing with the viewers. Now I'm only speaking for what I've seen on the show. I don't follow her on social media to know what's being said there.

• Love 10
(edited)
5 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Why all the sudden does everything that Carol does annoy Beth when just months ago it was all gravy? 

Exactly, KeyWest -- in the bat of a false eyelash, Carole moved from being Bethenny's bestie on the show to the woman she now has nothing in common with --  I'm not crying any tears for Carole (play with a poisonous snake,  get bit) but the turnaround is stunning.  Radziwill turned up at multiple Skinnygirl events (off season) wrote several checks for BStrong and PR, sent flowers when Cookie died, defended Frankel on the show as a brilliant mother and wonderful human being at every turn -- and this is how all that attention is rewarded: making Carole's ex look like a Monte Carlo gigolo circa 1920 ("You dance divinely in that donut hat, Princess!") and calling Carole a barren, career-less spinster with no will of her own. Scorched earth, spreading strife, and Bethenny losing a friendship that (however ugly they were in each other's company to my eye) seemed genuine on Radziwill's end.

2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I could sort of see an interest in someone who is well-traveled, has had interesting jobs, a slightly Kennedy connection...

Well played, madam, well played ; )

Edited by film noire
  • Love 24
45 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

My gut tells me that Bethenny had inklings about Adam for awhile, but kept them to herself out of respect for her friend. Adam saying "no" to her charity might have been something she couldn't keep quiet about. 

Exactly. It was the WAY he handled it.  I realize everyone can't help every cause and if he just couldn't do it, that's fine. But the first fucking thing out of his mouth was, "what are the comps?" Just comes off really selfish and callous, to me. 

Also this is Beth version, we dont know if that was the 1st thing out of his mouth. She has had 2 versions so far. 1 day trip to houston or a week in PR- plus did he agree or not since then she says he backed out.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Carole has had a lot of clicks and misses on this show.  Bethenny was an instant click with Carole.  Maybe it was because Carole told Bethenny as an ice breaker, she had a dream where she went downtown Julie Brown on her.

Luann said Adam had been dating Nicole and Carole through her "friendship" with Luann had met Nadine and Nadine had discussed Adam during their conversation.  It was Kristen et al, who made a big deal of telling Luann.  Adam for some reason decided he should tell Nicole.  At the time Carole met Adam, he was staying at Luann's and skateboarding with her minor son and picking up some much needed exposure for his business ventures.  I think operator is an apt description of Adam.  His exposure, created by Luann and furthered by Carole and her friends has been very helpful to Adam.

Luann is entitled to tell the world how she feels about Adam.  Nicole worked Adam's defunct charity, after Carole took up with Adam.  I think it is refreshing that Luann is expressing how she feels about Adam.   I don't think there is much revisionist history going on-Luann made her initial comments and then accepted the situation and has been pleasant to Adam.  I don't find much about Adam interesting.  I never knew he was a professional photographer.  What I do see in Adam is an incredibly rich vacation schedule.  The man, who spends three hours a day commuting between clients has a very rich leisure and travel schedule.  Luann and Carole have been at odds for many seasons-the only season Carole was remotely civil to Luann was the season they went to Heather's in the Berkshires.  The only bandwagon Luann is hopping on is her own.  She doesn't have time for these cutthroats.  

Luann has said repeatedly that she had nothing bad to say about Adam, in fact, she sang his praises, she was only mad at Carole, not him. So, her turnabout now smacks of siding with Bethenny because she's......well, Bethenny.  

1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Bethenny said she loved/adored Adam, that isn't keeping her mouth closed out of respect for a friend. It's not like she needed to sing his praises when she didn't like/trust him to keep Carole happy, had Bethenny not liked Adam, she would have kept her mouth closed and not said anything about him, positive or negative. And sorry, I don't believe that Bethenny could or would have kept her mouth closed had she disliked Adam, she would have said something to Carole up front had she thought he had an agenda outside Carole's best interest. 

Adam didn't ask about "comps" until after he couldn't rearrange his work schedule to fit Bethenny's timeline, he told her Yes initially and then called her back when he saw he couldn't do it. Again, he works for a living, he doesn't have millions of dollars that allow him to laze around to be able to jet off to where ever at a moments notice.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Again, he works for a living, he doesn't have millions of dollars that allow him to laze around to be able to jet off to where ever at a moments notice

Most people have a million dollars have it because they work. A million isn’t even a lot anymore. To afford to laze around would mean that you probably (living off of the interest) would need at least a few million invested to yield a minimum of 6-7% for income. I know lots of millionaires. Unless retired they all work. Lol...some retired and hated not being productive (or the golfing life) and went back into business. 

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Most people have a million dollars have it because they work. A million isn’t even a lot anymore. To afford to laze around would mean that you probably (living off of the interest) would need at least a few million invested to yield a minimum of 6-7% for income. I know lots of millionaires. Unless retired they all work. Lol...some retired and hated not being productive (or the golfing life) and went back into business. 

My meaning was that he lives paycheck to paycheck like most people do. Hell, the guy couldn't even afford to rent his own apartment with a big kitchen, he has roommates to help defray the rent. (FWIW, he spoke about apartment hunting last season) So just taking off and losing that pay wasn't possible for him to do without more notice/planning. 

• Love 6
On 5/16/2018 at 9:40 PM, WhoaWhoKnew said:

"She isn't married, doesn't have kids, and doesn't have a career."

911? I just witnessed a murder on Bravo.

I don't even like Carole, but damn, Bethenny.  That was cold-blooded. 

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

My meaning was that he lives paycheck to paycheck like most people do. Hell, the guy couldn't even afford to rent his own apartment with a big kitchen, he has roommates to help defray the rent. (FWIW, he spoke about apartment hunting last season) So just taking off and losing that pay wasn't possible for him to do without more notice/planning. 

And I think Carole went to court to help get a security deposit back or something? Was it $1000 or so? But it was worth enough to someone to make that effort and to invest the time.

• Love 9
(edited)
On 5/17/2018 at 2:30 AM, pieinmyeye said:

I was very surprised they showed those coats. Anything made with real fur for someone’s pleasure, not necessity, is wrong on so many levels to me. Sonja bragging about having one, not surprising at all.

I remember when Bethenny was an animal rights activist, she did a naked photo-shoot for PETA on one of the earliest seasons. But she also had a friend who was wearing fur all the time, so I guess she was wishy washy at best. Every time I like a housewife there comes a point where she will wear a gigantic fur to some event (I don´t know about Lisa Vanderpump, she´s the only one I think would never wear real fur no matter what).

Edited by halkatla
  • Love 6
29 minutes ago, halkatla said:

I remember when Bethenny was an animal rights activist, she did a naked photo-shoot for PETA on one of the earliest seasons. But she also had a friend who was wearing fur all the time, so I guess she was wishy washy at best. Every time I like a housewife there comes a point where she will wear a gigantic fur to some event (I don´t know about Lisa Vanderpump, she´s the only one I think would never wear real fur no matter what).

I am a hardcore carnivorous bitch, and I dated a vegetarian dude who was way up on the PETA food chain (<--- see what I did there?) and was quite a prominent animal rights activist, all over the news multiple times for being arrested for protecting mother nature and her creatures (specifically lab research animals but all in general).

His affiliation with me did not undermine nor deter his activism.  He's still a high-profile activist and I'm still a hardcore carnivore.

I wouldn't assume that because Bethenny has friends who have made the choice to wear fur that it makes her "wishy washy at best."  

Perhaps it just means she has tried to educate these people about fur and has decided to live and let live, such as my activist friend.    

• Love 10
(edited)

Carole is an idiot.

Only one paragraph separates "Since when is it okay to insult a woman's accomplishments? Her career?" from the jab at "some minor success she has had as a caterer". 

And thank heavens we have her wisdom about self-esteem! Maybe her Cosmopolitan article can edify homemakers, women contending with anorexia and/or bulimia ("10 Ways to Make It Less Difficult For Your Coworkers to Watch You Eat"), and readers who are "sweaty and misshapen." 

And Bethenny gossiping to the rest of the cast is suddenly problematic because Carole is the subject of that chatter? I remember her laughing that "friends talk about each other behind their backs" and dismissively insisting "yes, they do!" when she was defending her perverted commentary about Jules. 

Edited by lunastartron
(Shamefully,) I don't proof for autocorrections and "paraphrase" is not synonymous with "paragraph"
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

That was most definitely raccoon shite.  Take it from the Lady of Grey Gardens West Manor/Casa de Deplorable.  I know turds.  I also know raccoons. I'm about a liter of vodka away from just opening the back door and letting them run rampant ...  ;-)

Send those ciggies my way.  Poison of choice is V-Slims 120s, formerly known as "luxury lights".  ;-)

Smoked them for almost 20 years, after I 86ed the True Menthol 100's.  They still send me coupons, though I'm clean for 12 years next month.  (June 17th, 2006, 8:00 p.m. to be exact)

• Love 14
24 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

They still send me coupons, though I'm clean for 12 years next month.  (June 17th, 2006, 8:00 p.m. to be exact)

Congrats!  (Eleven years for me -- April 18th, midnight, 2007.)

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, film noire said:

Congrats!  (Eleven years for me -- April 18th, midnight, 2007.)

Well done!  Mine was supposed to be midnight, and it took all I had not to drive down the road for a pack to get me to midnight, when I ran out at 8 pm, lol.  Never have had even a puff since.  Best thing I have ever done for myself.

Now about that family of four camped out on my hips...

• Love 11
2 hours ago, lunastartron said:

Carole is an idiot.

Only one paraphrase separates "Since when is it okay to insult a woman's accomplishments? Her career?" from the jab at "some minor success she has had as a caterer". 

And thank heavens we have her wisdom about self-esteem! Maybe her Cosmopolitan article can edify homemakers, women contending with anorexia and/or bulimia ("10 Ways to Make It Less Difficult For Your Coworkers to Watch You Eat"), and readers who are "sweaty and misshapen." 

And Bethenny gossiping to the rest of the cast is suddenly problematic because Carole is the subject of that chatter? I remember her laughing that "friends talk about each other behind their backs" and dismissively insisting "yes, they do!" when she was defending her perverted commentary about Jules. 

This is why Carole and Bethenny were made for each other! They are both vicious people that live to put others down.

• Love 5
On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 9:58 AM, ScoobieDoobs said:
On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 9:58 AM, ScoobieDoobs said:

So Adam is an "operator". So the fuck what?  Can't Bethenny be described exactly the same?  Ah Bethenny, so your venom-spewing starts up yet again, eh?  Guess she was at rest & merely waiting for just the right moment to pounce.

Look, Carole is very bad at dealing with shit being thrown at her.  We saw that with how she was with Aviva.  She was OK to fight off Lu's stupid insults -- but fighting off true evil?  She's not up to it.  And Bethenny is more horrible & evil & nasty & cruel & mean than Veevs could ever be.  Brrrrr, I shiver at the thought of Bethenny's ability to be cruel.

Hey Carole, you wanted to be friends with the Frankelstein monster.  This is the price you pay, hun.  The Frankelstein monster eventually points her rage & anger & 

I'm getting the feeling you're not a Bethenny fan.  LOL  ;)

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:03 AM, albarino said:

How DARE Bethenny call Adam behind Carole's back.  What is she, 13 years old?!?

Right?  That was my fave part about the rant.  Did it break "girl code"?   (I really hate that expression.  It makes all women sound like tweens.

• Love 7
On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:36 AM, WireWrap said:

WOW! She is really ticked off at Bethenny and for once, Bethenny needs to be worried, Carole will let things fly out of her mouth that Bethenny told her.

Adam only became an "operator" when he said no to Bethenny. No one, and I do mean NO ONE, says NO to Bethenny without getting attacked. I think it is Bethenny that needs to worry this time, Carole is starting to pull back the curtain hiding the REAL Bethenny! LOL

I think Carole is doing to Bethenny what Bethenny has done to everyone, calling her out, but Carole is using the truth to do it, which is not what Bethenny wants us to hear/know.

I had the opposite reaction to Carole's blog (shocker, I know.)  Carole was WAY over the top with her comments.   The whole "well well, look who climbed down from her ivory tower to help people in need FINALLY" was ridiculous.  I think she might have been confusing Beth with Tinsley.  Bethenny didn't grow up rich.   She had a horrible childhood and is completely self made.   She's EARNED her wealth.  She didn't marry into it or be born into it.  And then Carole goes on to talk about how SHE'S been to war torn, devastated countries, ect.  Yeah, to report there because it was her job.  She wasn't spending her own money to go to those places with the sole purpose of helping people that needed it.  Those comments really made it seem like she was reaching in order to attack Bethenny because she was hurt at Beth's comments in the talking heads this ep. 

I mean, Beth is clearly no angel (her taking Sonja's side and coming at Tinsley was cringe worthy) and definitely picks her share of fights but Carole is coming off really badly this season.

• Love 10
On 5/17/2018 at 3:47 PM, thesupremediva1 said:

This was the first thing that jumped into my mind last night. Talk about revising history. Maybe Tinsley should tell Sonja to "Get a hobby." Maybe that would ring a few of B's bells.

If you are someone's friend, and you say they have no career, well... you're either angling to be enemies with them or you were never friends to begin with. 

I was in a sad little minority, many years ago, who sided with Jill in the Jill/Bethenny fight. I found Bethenny cold, dismissive, ungrateful, and I hated the fact that she basically ignored Jill during Bobby's cancer scare. I was silly enough to blame Luann for killing that friendship mid-season. Now I see that it was B all along. She can't have friends. She enjoys tearing down other women.

The disgusting way she yelled at Tinsley, and then yelled at her again for daring to raise her voice - I think Bryn gets treated better. If you talk nonstop over someone, that someone will have to raise his or her  voice to be heard above you. Bethenny has screamed more and louder than anyone there, except maybe Ramona. Lu and Beth telling her to be quiet was just... disgusting. Sonja has lied about Tinsley and said vicious things over and over again. Tinsley would have to be a MORON to be friends with her. And Sonja has not even apologized, so Tins doesn't even have reason to be fake-cordial with her. She's mad and rightly so.

How Tinsley ever managed to somehow apologize to Gray Gardens again makes my head spin. Bethenny really shouldn't be on the show. Andy caters to her and she's too far above reproach. After the pattern demonstrated by Heather, Kristen, and Jules, it's painfully clear that anyone who dares go against B and, in the process, make her look bad (most of which she earns and deserves) gets the boot so Beth can preserve her image. Gross.

Also, quit rewriting history we watched. If the party and the gift card weren't enough of a thank you for Gray Gardens, nothing will be. Sonja is the Kenny Bania of RHNYC. THAT'S THE THANK YOU. YOU DON'T GET A MILLION OF THEM. No more thank-yous for you! You didn't do anyone a "favor" or "give them a leg up" if you perform a kindness and want to lord it over someone forever. You're an opportunistic, tit-for-tat asshole is what you are. And the longer Bethenny fights for Sonja, the more transparent she becomes. Sonja wanted to start a prosecco business and B nearly hung her in the town square. But nasty lies about Tinsley and her boyfriend? That's cool with B, I guess - look at how she's going after Adam.

I am late to the party, but so many others have expressed better than I ever could. Still, I am impelled to add my two cents.

I will begin by saying Beth’s team have done a stellar job in PR and so it should go on. There are so many in the world that have so little compared to many of us, every effort should be applauded.   I have physician friends  who  donate months each year to those with no access to medical need, and pilot friends who solicit donation of school supplies, cast off computers, and books throughout the year, which they then go and distribute on their down time to schools abroad who can’t believe their good fortune when these wonderful people arrive.   Every single gesture is something to be celebrated.

That said, it made me very uncomfortable to hear Beth imply disparagement by suggesting that other charitable organizations are “less than”   With RHoNY, she has a platform in place;  I wish she would use it effectively rather than slinging mud.   I doubt that Beth, even with all her resources, has complete insight into all that others are accomplishing in P.R.   Beth is definitely polarizing all on her own; using ugly campaign techniques rather than encouraging support, whichever route, is disappointing.

As others have pointed out Beth’s hypocrisy at the dinner was overwhelming.  Without Jill’s support  Beth would never have been part of RHoNY.   Sonja being excluded at a table is nothing compared to  being excluded at the Berkshire weekend a couple seasons ago due to Beth’s influence, hitting Sonja in the much depleted pocketbook. {At which weekend, it was Beth who behaved abominably and rudely departed in the wee hours of the morning}

And I can’t offer too much sympathy to Carole, who, when it suited her, was happy to engage in Beth’s tactics when others were the target.  Their treatment of Jules was despicable.  Beth’s defense of Sonja, who has merely been isolated, compared to the horrific verbal onslaught  of Jules, by both Beth and Carole  is bewildering, especially given Sonja’s  appalling  treatment of not just Tinsley, but her other casemates.  It was galling to watch Sonja sit there, smiling smugly, as Beth went to bat for her.  Just ugh!

Finally, RHoNY cameras are quick to bring to viewers flashbacks reflecting hypocritical or ironic behavior when other housewives are concerned, but why is Beth exempt?  This, and recent episodes, have brought to mind many images that could have refuted Beth’s words; why are these not brought to fore?

• Love 16
(edited)
32 minutes ago, lezlers said:

I had the opposite reaction to Carole's blog (shocker, I know.)  Carole was WAY over the top with her comments.   The whole "well well, look who climbed down from her ivory tower to help people in need FINALLY" was ridiculous.  I think she might have been confusing Beth with Tinsley.  Bethenny didn't grow up rich.   She had a horrible childhood and is completely self made.   She's EARNED her wealth.  She didn't marry into it or be born into it.  And then Carole goes on to talk about how SHE'S been to war torn, devastated countries, ect.  Yeah, to report there because it was her job.  She wasn't spending her own money to go to those places with the sole purpose of helping people that needed it.  Those comments really made it seem like she was reaching in order to attack Bethenny because she was hurt at Beth's comments in the talking heads this ep. 

I mean, Beth is clearly no angel (her taking Sonja's side and coming at Tinsley was cringe worthy) and definitely picks her share of fights but Carole is coming off really badly this season.

Actually, Bethenny did grow up fairly well to do, Yes, she had a lousy childhood but it wasn't the worst childhood by far. Her father and then her step father paid her rent for her NY apartment when the show first started. Bethenny had a far more privileged childhood than Carole did, including private schooling. Take half of what Bethenny tells you about her childhood and throw it out the window because she is exaggerating it for effect/sympathy. Carole/siblings grew up pure middle class, Bethenny was the Princess.

Yes, Carole did go to these hard hit areas because it was her job but it still had an impact on her, whereas Bethenny didn't see that side of life until HH hit Houston. Good for Bethenny for all she has done in the areas destroyed by hurricanes/disasters.

That said, IMO, Carole's blog comments are due to the fact that Bethenny started trashing her/Adam behind their backs and on camera without saying 1 word to them that she was upset at them. She is really hurt/angry in her blogs/SM because she feels betrayed by Bethenny. You can see Carole's confusion in the show, she doesn't understand why Bethenny keeps jabbing her and I thinks we will start to see/hear what happened in the next few episodes. Oh, and remember, even though they all lived through filming, none of them have seen the complete episode or the THs until about a week before we see them, which can make HWs even angrier, including Carole.

Oh and just an FYI, Bethenny said on twitter this week that she "Only threw Sonja a bone because no one else was talking to her", which was a lie because Luann/Ramona were fine with Sonja at that point. Bethenny is playing games and I'm not sure why she is doing it but she needs to beware of pushing Carole too far. Carole knows too much for Bethenny to feel superior going after someone like she normally does. 

Just to be clear, I am no fan of Carole's, IMO, she and Bethenny deserve each other!

Edited by WireWrap
because....Carole
  • Love 15