Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

I agree—-last season she was doing the whole “finding myself by going back to Manhattan” storyline well, but this season it’s literally just been nothing but her blubbering about her breakup-to-makeup with Scott in between bitching at other cast members about their gossiping about her. She needs to find another storyline STAT; like pursue a new career or discover a new hobby, start looking for new places to live, just DO SOMETHING already!! 

And I say this as a Tinsley fan; she’s a legitimate socialite whom the show was lucky to cast originally. But she’s better bring something else to this series soon or she’s likely going to get fired.

Well... she has been ordering cheese trays :) LMAO.... oy... she is bringing ZERO interesting storyline to the show.

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Have we ever seen Adam and Bethenny interact on the show? She is always so dismissive about him when she talks about him (this predates him turning the Houston trip down) so theee might be an additional reason that Carole thought it was weird Bethenny didn’t tell her she was going to ask him.

But IMO if they all went on vacation together multiple times that changes everything. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Neeners said:

But IMO if they all went on vacation together multiple times that changes everything. 

And IMO if they did that and Carole still thought it was odd that she didnt ask her first it is probably because she knows what their relationship is like. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Production does encourage each HW by spilling things said by the others about them in hopes it ups the drama but they don't try to put words in their mouths and they encourage them to repeat stuff to the others on camera. The THs are a great example of how production gets the HWs to react differently than what we saw in the actual moment when it (whatever it was) happened. The THs are also designed to up the drama for the reunion (and SM) because they don't know what each says in their TH until they see each episode a week before we see it on TV. An example from this season would be that although regular filming is over, Carole is more angry now because she is seeing/hearing everything Bethenny said about her/Adam/Tinsley to the others and in her THs, so she is even more upset than what the episode itself should warrant. 

OK.    I'll have to start paying more  attention to the THs because I don't remember Bethenny saying anything terrible about Carole so I don't understand why she's so pissed off.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, AnnA said:

OK.    I'll have to start paying more  attention to the THs because I don't remember Bethenny saying anything terrible about Carole so I don't understand why she's so pissed off.

You/I/others/everyone may not think it is bad but that doesn't mean that Carole, who knows Bethenny far better than any of us ever will, feels the same way. She understands what Bethenny is saying and what she means by it, we don't. And, don't forget, at the time of filming Carole didn't know that Bethenny was done with her which makes her so much more angry/hurt now hearing/seeing everything she didn't know about during filming. It's a domino effect, one thing on top of another thing and her anger comes to a boil, we have seen it with Carole before (Aviva/Luann) but with Bethenny, who she really cared about IRL, the hurt is far worse IMO, so her reaction, much bigger/OTT. 

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

You/I/others/everyone may not think it is bad but that doesn't mean that Carole, who knows Bethenny far better than any of us ever will, feels the same way. She understands what Bethenny is saying and what she means by it, we don't. And, don't forget, at the time of filming Carole didn't know that Bethenny was done with Bethenny her which makes her so much more angry/hurt now hearing/seeing everything she didn't know about during filming. It's a domino effect, one thing on top of another thing and her anger comes to a boil, we have seen it with Carole before (Aviva/Luann) but with Bethenny, who she really cared about IRL, the hurt is far worse IMO, so her reaction, much bigger/OTT. 

My memory isn't what it used to be and I haven't been paying strict attention to the THs but why does Carole think Bethenny is "done with her?"   I don't recall Bethenny saying any such thing.

11 minutes ago, AnnA said:

My memory isn't what it used to be and I haven't been paying strict attention to the THs but why does Carole think Bethenny is "done with her?"   I don't recall Bethenny saying any such thing.

I think it is the way Bethenny is snapping at her all the time. Bethenny has never corrected Carole on the show, let alone snapped at her while doing it, it is a clear sign that she is no longer in Bethenny's good graces, hence Bethenny is done with her. Bethenny speaks up for Sonja but when Carole tries to defend Tinsley, Bethenny tells her to more or less shut up, to stop talking for/defending Tinsley. She then went on to say that all Carole does is "defend the person sitting next to her", that she did it with/for Heather, then herself and now Tinsley as if Carole doesn't have a mind of her own. Bethenny, in effect, put Carole down for doing something she had done time and time again for Bethenny and was appreciated then. Now, add on top of that Bethenny's little digs about Carole/her life and there is no mistaking it that Carole is on Bethenny's shit list, more so than Ramona, Tinsley or even Luann. Carole knows something is wrong but she doesn't know what it is or why at this stage of filming. (I believe we learn a lot more in the next few episodes) Her THs and especially her, Carole's, blogs now reflect her knowing what is going on and feeling betrayed/used by Bethenny. 

• Love 13
(edited)
6 hours ago, AnnA said:

My feeling is Bethenny was not done with Carole and as a west coast person I am constantly reminded New Yorkers are blunt.  Even though Bethenny is allegedly taking up for Sonja, she is also fairly direct with Sonja about her conversation being all over the place.  If I had to pinpoint a moment in time where the tides turned for Bethenny it would be her birthday party.  Everyone was late and I honestly believe she got  very hurt.  Carole being the person she is closest to should have, could have, would have been on time.  I am uncertain if there was a major screw up over who was staying where en route to the Hamptons but I am at a loss why Ramona's huge house would not hold more than one guest.   

It has always been a strange set of rules of RHONY-Luann can say something that comes off elitist and pages and seasons are devoted to her asking to be called Mrs. deLesseps to a limo driver.  Bethenny says horrible, snarky mean things to people and the audience is suppose to wonder why someone is put off by Bethenny.  

6 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I think it is the way Bethenny is snapping at her all the time. Bethenny has never corrected Carole on the show, let alone snapped at her while doing it, it is a clear sign that she is no longer in Bethenny's good graces, hence Bethenny is done with her. Bethenny speaks up for Sonja but when Carole tries to defend Tinsley, Bethenny tells her to more or less shut up, to stop talking for/defending Tinsley. She then went on to say that all Carole does is "defend the person sitting next to her", that she did it with/for Heather, then herself and now Tinsley as if Carole doesn't have a mind of her own. Bethenny, in effect, put Carole down for doing something she had done time and time again for Bethenny and was appreciated then. Now, add on top of that Bethenny's little digs about Carole/her life and there is no mistaking it that Carole is on Bethenny's shit list, more so than Ramona, Tinsley or even Luann. Carole knows something is wrong but she doesn't know what it is or why at this stage of filming. (I believe we learn a lot more in the next few episodes) Her THs and especially her, Carole's, blogs now reflect her knowing what is going on and feeling betrayed/used by Bethenny. 

Bethenny has snapped at Carole a time or two -over being late and her obsession with the election, she has even thrown out cracks about the age difference between Carole and Adam.  When Bethenny said Carole defended whoever she was sitting next to-my mind went back to the Hamptons the previous year when Carole was snapping at Luann and Ramona, when Bethenny was asked about her film nudity.  No reason, other than Carole hates Luann, for Carole to go after Luann for Ramona's comments.  The thing is about Bethenny when she first came on the show she relished in being the Greek chorus-now her sweeping observations and cruel comments are not that funny because it is not about bemusing the antics of the others it is more about their loyalty to her.

Carole begged for the ride on the back of the scorpion and now she feels hurt?  Maybe Carole should not have been so rough on say Luann for season after season.  The only time Carole was nice to Luann was when she wanted her as an ally against Aviva-and Luann never fully signed on.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 7
23 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

My feeling is Bethenny was not done with Carole and as a west coast person I am constantly reminded New Yorkers are blunt.  Even though Bethenny is allegedly taking up for Sonja, she is also fairly direct with Sonja about her conversation being all over the place.  If I had to pinpoint a moment in time where the tides turned for Bethenny it would be her birthday party.  Everyone was late and I honestly believe she got  very hurt.  Carole being the person she is closest to should have, could have, would have been on time.  I am uncertain if there was a major screw up over who was staying where en route to the Hamptons but I am at a loss why Ramona's huge house would not hold more than one guest.   

It has always been a strange set of rules of RHONY-Luann can say something that comes off elitist and pages and seasons are devoted to her asking to be called Mrs. deLesseps to a limo driver.  Bethenny says horrible, snarky mean things to people and the audience is suppose to wonder why someone is put off by Bethenny.  

Bethenny has snapped at Carole a time or two -over being late and her obsession with the election, she has even thrown out cracks about the age difference between Carole and Adam.  When Bethenny said Carole defended whoever she was sitting next to-my mind went back to the Hamptons the previous year when Carole was snapping at Luann and Ramona, when Bethenny was asked about her film nudity.  No reason, other than Carole hates Luann, for Carole to go after Luann for Ramona's comments.  The thing is about Bethenny when she first came on the show she relished in being the Greek chorus-now her sweeping observations and cruel comments are not that funny because it is not about bemusing the antics of the others it is more about their loyalty to her.

Carole begged for the ride on the back of the scorpion and now she feels hurt?  Maybe Carole should not have been so rough on say Luann for season after season.  The only time Carole was nice to Luann was when she wanted her as an ally against Aviva-and Luann never fully signed on.

She snapped 1 time about everyone being late and Carole explained it was her fault, to which Bethenny laughed and joked that Carole was always late, all of a sudden it was no longer a problem because it was Carole's fault. When Carole went overboard about the election, Bethenny told her she needed to back off but she didn't snap and she didn't do it in front of the entire group, nor did she make a big deal about it.

I agree that Carole should have realized that at some point Bethenny would turn on her like she has the rest but she isn't all THAT smart. LOL As for Carole/Luann, Carole tried to get along with her because Heather asked her too, Heather liked Luann and wanted Carole to get along with her as well. IMO, Carole faked being nice to her because of Heather and then quit faking when Adam came into the picture.

As for when Bethenny was over Carole, it was, IMO, before filming began or at the least by the time they went to the Hamptons. How Bethenny acted towards/treated Carole in the Hamptons is very different compared to how she acted toward her the last few seasons. 

• Love 6

Yeah, I noticed last year that Bethenny was getting increasingly snarky with Carole, often about her outfits.  I can't remember any specific remark but I know I was surprised that Carole didn't retort.  

Anyway, this week in the Berkshires should be GOOD TEE VEE.  

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, weaver said:

Yeah, I noticed last year that Bethenny was getting increasingly snarky with Carole, often about her outfits.  I can't remember any specific remark but I know I was surprised that Carole didn't retort.  

Anyway, this week in the Berkshires should be GOOD TEE VEE.  

Beth commented on the outfit Carole wore to the restaurant in the Bronx. B thought it had a safari or lion tamer feel to it, I think? I can’t remember if was at the restaurant or in a TH, though. 

• Love 3

I’m trying to think of Beth’s longest relationships. Who is the woman who lives in either Florida or Las Vegas? I can only remember that when the RHoNYC take a minor trip, Beth will try to meet up with that friend. I think they met when they were in middle or high school. Does anyone know if they are still friends? 

Also did Beth remain friends with her former assistant Julie? Is she Bryn’s godmother?

• Love 1
(edited)

From what I am seeing on the show, it seems Carole is the one who has changed, and the one who cast the first stone. There are a few perfect examples upthread of Bethenny saying things that are blunt/direct/rude/hurtful to Carole from seasons past.  I remember wondering why Carole was cool with Bethenny talking to her that way. That's who Bethenny is; she has been that way since day one.  Carole took it (not sure why, but one of the responsibilities of being an adult is setting your boundaries, so that's on Carole). 

I agree with Beth's assessment that Carole is someone who always has to have a best friend to hang out with, someone with whom she snickers and whispers, and giggles with over clever/snide remarks delivered under the breath.

What's different is that that person used to be Bethenny, but Carole has replaced Bethenny with Tinsley in the BFF role.  In tv time, it's taken Bethenny a minute to realize that she's been replaced, her feelers are now hurt and she's lashing out a little.  I don't buy any of Carole's "whaaa!?, I have many friends...I don't understand what she's upset about"; that's dismissive and dishonestly beside the point, imo.  More betrayal.

Carole was able to tolerate Bethenny's directness/rudeness/hurtfulness when she said those things to her directly, but she cannot tolerate it if Bethenny says it to someone else about her. That feels like a shocking betrayal to Carole. And being "replaced" feels like a shocking betrayal to Bethenny.  

Edited by Jel
  • Love 5
33 minutes ago, Jel said:

I agree with Beth's assessment that Carole is someone who always has to have a best friend to hang out with, someone with whom she snickers and whispers, and giggles with over clever/snide remarks delivered under the breath.

Absolutely. This is Carol to a T.

I'm telling you - at the bottom of all of this is Carol's feelings about what is going on with Adam. Bethenny will tell her the ugly truth (probably in a really obnoxious way) while Tinsley gushes about how meant to be and perfect they are. We all know people like Carol, don't we? It's sad.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, nexxie said:

It would’ve been great if she did a segment on camera to help get the word out (she may actually have done that online or for a news network), but in this case the footage wasn’t seen until many months after - and Bethenny can never do anything (business, charity or anything else) without blowing her own horn (loudly) by mentioning how much she’s done, how much money was involved, how NOBODY else was doing it, etc, etc., etc. 

Well, at the time, she was very present in social media. So she did get the word out. 

It's funny how different all of our perspectives are. I've never thought she was tooting her own horn. People in PR literally told her she was the only help they'd seen. She didn't just make that up. 

And, of course, Bravo is going to want to film it and ask her a bunch of questions on camera. It was a big deal and it gives them a storyline for the show.

20 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Wait, so just because Bethenny and Carole are (were) such close friends that means that Carole isn't allowed to get close to any other HW and they can't do separate things, that they must spend all their time with each other? You can clearly see that Carole has no clue why Bethenny is snapping at her or why Bethenny is being distant with her but you can see/tell that Bethenny is through with Carole. 

Of course she can get close to others. I never said anything like that. I never said that Carole necessarily did anything WRONG. I simply said that as she became closer with Tinsley, she and B weren't hanging out as much. I stated that that's a natural thing that happens with friends. Tinsley and Carole have more in common, they were dating buddies, they hung out as a foursome often. If Carole thinks that her friendship is going to maintain the same level of closeness, despite seeing much less of a person, she's an idiot. 

And I think that's only part of it. There's also Carole's lack of interest in PR and the thing with Adam. I think Carole is pretending to not have a clue that there's an issue there, because it's clear to everyone else.

17 hours ago, Otherkate said:

I can tell you, with 100% certainty, that if a friend of mine called up my boyfriend/lover/coffeefriend to ask if he wanted to help out with a charitable cause I would not care in the slightest bit. Going on a vacation for fun? Weird. Going on a trip to document for charity? Could not care less. But then, I am not a woman obsessed with a man who is clearly moving on. 

Pathetic.

It's so ridiculous. It wasn't like Adam was some new guy that B barely new. They'd ostensibly hung out a lot. (Did she never talk to Adam unless Carole was right there? What if she went to the bathroom?) So what's the issue with B emailing or calling him to ask about helping a charitable cause? 

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Well, at the time, she was very present in social media. So she did get the word out. 

It's funny how different all of our perspectives are. I've never thought she was tooting her own horn. People in PR literally told her she was the only help they'd seen. She didn't just make that up. 

And, of course, Bravo is going to want to film it and ask her a bunch of questions on camera. It was a big deal and it gives them a storyline for the show.

Of course she can get close to others. I never said anything like that. I never said that Carole necessarily did anything WRONG. I simply said that as she became closer with Tinsley, she and B weren't hanging out as much. I stated that that's a natural thing that happens with friends. Tinsley and Carole have more in common, they were dating buddies, they hung out as a foursome often. If Carole thinks that her friendship is going to maintain the same level of closeness, despite seeing much less of a person, she's an idiot. 

And I think that's only part of it. There's also Carole's lack of interest in PR and the thing with Adam. I think Carole is pretending to not have a clue that there's an issue there, because it's clear to everyone else.

It's so ridiculous. It wasn't like Adam was some new guy that B barely new. They'd ostensibly hung out a lot. (Did she never talk to Adam unless Carole was right there? What if she went to the bathroom?) So what's the issue with B emailing or calling him to ask about helping a charitable cause? 

It sticks in my craw that 50 plus Carole calls herself "a girl". But, maybe in some ways, it's not too far off the mark because her reaction to Beth calling Adam, without checking with her first, plus the "Yes, she really did that", on her blog (like we're all gonna naturally co-sign her disapproval), is childish AF.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I think it is the way Bethenny is snapping at her all the time. Bethenny has never corrected Carole on the show, let alone snapped at her while doing it, it is a clear sign that she is no longer in Bethenny's good graces, hence Bethenny is done with her. 

Bethenny is usually snapping about something or at someone so that's not a sign or symptom of anything.  Even if we are to assume that Carole is no longer in Bethenny's good graces, that doesn't mean she's "done with her."    IMHO it seems more like wishful thinking by some fans.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Jel said:

It sticks in my craw that 50 plus Carole calls herself "a girl". But, maybe in some ways, it's not too far off the mark because her reaction to Beth calling Adam, without checking with her first, plus the "Yes, she really did that", on her blog (like we're all gonna naturally co-sign her disapproval), is childish AF.

They all call themselves "girls", including Bethenny, it is a term that is used by ALL the HWs across the entire franchise, not just NY and not just Carole. LOL

1 minute ago, AnnA said:

Bethenny is usually snapping about something or at someone so that's not a sign or symptom of anything.  Even if we are to assume that Carole is no longer in Bethenny's good graces, that doesn't mean she's "done with her."    IMHO it seems more like wishful thinking by some fans.

Nahhh, Bethenny has never berated Carole like this before, ever, like she is on the same level as Ramona, Sonja, Tinsley, Luann, well everyone! LOL

• Love 5
4 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

My feeling is Bethenny was not done with Carole and as a west coast person I am constantly reminded New Yorkers are blunt. 

I agree.  I also have to admit that as a native New Yorker, I'm blunt.  Perhaps that's why I enjoy Bethenny so much.  

There was a comment about Bethenny being critical of Carole's outfit.  IMHO that is a real nothing burger.   I'd bet that if some people overheard the conversations in my office, they would think we all hated each other but that's far from the truth.   

5 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Nahhh, Bethenny has never berated Carole like this before, ever, like she is on the same level as Ramona, Sonja, Tinsley, Luann, well everyone! LOL

OK but that still doesn't mean she's "done with her."

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

They all call themselves "girls", including Bethenny, it is a term that is used by ALL the HWs across the entire franchise, not just NY and not just Carole. LOL

Arizona here.  We're in our 70s...many of us LATE 70s...and we still say we need to get "the girls" together.  The Hispanic girls usually say "ladies."

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

The main point of my comment was the immaturity of Carole's response.  The fact that I am bugged by her calling herself a "girl" is secondary. Just to clarify.

But, on the topic of these adult women calling themselves girls...even if they all call themselves girls, every HW, across every HW (and I'll take your word for it because I really haven't noticed), Carole does it so much that I can't not notice.

It bugs me. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Jel said:

From what I am seeing on the show, it seems Carole is the one who has changed, and the one who cast the first stone.

Not even caring about "stones," but just look at Carole.  Everything has changed...hairstyle, fancier clothing, make-up!, jewelry.  She's going for a different look; maybe wants a different lifestyle.

• Love 3
(edited)
21 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Bethenny has never berated Carole like this before, ever, like she is on the same level as Ramona, Sonja, Tinsley, Luann, well everyone! LOL

Yeah, ever since Carole had gotten so close to Tinsley throughout last season through this one, it’s like Bethenny had no use for her anymore. I was a bit more Team Bethenny at the start of this season, but after seeing how Beth keeps snapping at Carole and making her usual passive-aggressive digs in her talking heads, I’m firmly on Team Carole—-Beth seemingly has gotten to a point in her life where she doesn’t have much patience with women who aren’t as ballsy, professional and naturally driven as she is. Once she lost her constant clutches on her loyal minion Carole, she suddenly was over her and began to hyper-focus on how little they actually had in common.

It’s a shame to see because I think they truly had a very genuine friendship for a while there, even though Beth seemed to bring out Carole’s mean girl side. But it’s so typical of Beth to be involved in friendship breakups at this point that I’m beginning to wonder just how much she expects friends to measure up to her insanely lofty standards—-it was very telling that she barely seemed to acknowledge Carole’s big marathon victory while Tinsley made a point to actually be there and help cheer her on that day. Hell, even Ramona at least half-assed a party for her.

I just don’t think Beth knows how to be a true friend anymore: she expects so much and will do nice things at her own convenience, but it appears that her own friendship offerings are sadly lacking: give and take doesn’t seem to be her mojo with girlfriends.

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 11
17 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I agree.  I also have to admit that as a native New Yorker, I'm blunt.  Perhaps that's why I enjoy Bethenny so much.  

There was a comment about Bethenny being critical of Carole's outfit.  IMHO that is a real nothing burger.   I'd bet that if some people overheard the conversations in my office, they would think we all hated each other but that's far from the truth.   

OK but that still doesn't mean she's "done with her."

I'm looking at this through Carole's view, not my own, just stepping into her shoes so to speak. She knows (at this point in filming) that something is off but doesn't know what and has reacted accordingly, puzzled but not OTT on camera. BUT, her THs and especially her blogs reflect her knowing that Bethenny was done after they had filmed most of the season, hence she knew Bethenny was "done with " her before we see it all implode on the show. 

6 minutes ago, Jel said:

The main point of my comment was the immaturity of Carole's response.  The fact that I am bugged by her calling herself a "girl" is secondary. Just to clarify.

But, on the topic of these adult women calling themselves girls...even if they all call themselves girls, every HW, across every HW (and I'll take your word for it because I really haven't noticed), Carole does it so much that I can't not notice.

It bugs me. 

They really do use it on the HW shows and it is often mentioned/talked about by us in the appropriate show thread. Strangely, I don't even notice it much anymore because it is used so often. LOL

3 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

Yeah, ever since Carole had gotten so close to Tinsley throughout last season through this one, it’s like Bethenny had no use for her anymore. I was a bit more Team Bethenny at the start of this season, but after seeing how Beth keeps snapping at Carole and making her usual passive-aggressive digs in her talking heads, I’m firmly on Team Carole—-Beth seemingly has gotten to a point in her life where she doesn’t have much patience with women who aren’t as ballsy, professional and naturally driven as she is. Once she lost her loyal minion Carole, she suddenly was over her and began to hyper-focus on how little they actually had in common.

It’s a shame to see because I think they truly had a very genuine friendship for a while there, even though Beth seemed to bring out Carole’s mean girl side. But it’s so typical of Beth to be involved in friendship breakups at this point that I’m beginning to wonder just how much she expects friends to measure up to her insanely lofty standards—-it was very telling that she barely seemed to acknowledge Carole’s big marathon victory while Tinsley made a point to actually be there and help cheer her on that day. Hell, even Ramona at least half-assed a party for her.

I just don’t think Beth knows how to be a true friend anymore: she expects so much and will do nice things at her own convenience, but it appears that her own friendship skills are sadly lacking: give and take doesn’t seem to be her mojo with girlfriends.

I think/suspect that most of Bethenny's non show/real life friends (not employees/former employees) live in other states (like the one in Fla. and Kyle) or a fair distance from her and they only see her a few times a year, so Bethenny never gets tired of them. I agree with you, I don't think Bethenny knows how to have healthy, long lasting close relationships, so distance helps.

• Love 12

I strongly dislike both Bethenny & Carole so I'm just back here, sipping my tea, watching it all go down.

In case I didn't mention it before, Ramona looks fantastic in the THs with the textured bob. 

• Love 14
13 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I'm looking at this through Carole's view, not my own, just stepping into her shoes so to speak. She knows (at this point in filming) that something is off but doesn't know what and has reacted accordingly, puzzled but not OTT on camera. BUT, her THs and especially her blogs reflect her knowing that Bethenny was done after they had filmed most of the season, hence she knew Bethenny was "done with " her before we see it all implode on the show. 

Carole is ridiculously childish at times so it's no wonder she gets along with Tinsley.   When I read "Yes, she really did that" in her blog I was stunned and not much surprises me anymore.

It will be interesting to see how this unfolds.  Until I hear it from Bethenny herself,  I'm not going to believe she's "done with" Carole.   

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

So totally agree on this. Thank you!

I couldn't resist!

goldengirls.jpeg

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Carole is ridiculously childish at times so it's no wonder she gets along with Tinsley.   When I read "Yes, she really did that" in her blog I was stunned and not much surprises me anymore.

It will be interesting to see how this unfolds.  Until I hear it from Bethenny herself,  I'm not going to believe she's "done with" Carole.   

While I agree that Carole was a bit idiotic in her "Yeah that did happen" comment I'm not so sure Bethenny would react any different had Carol called Dennis to ask him to do her a favor for free without giving her a heads up first either. Both of these HWs are territorial IMO, not just Carole and bot would react OTT about it. 

The comment, "Unlike Bethenny, I don’t need to be biting and self-righteous in order to make myself feel better, smarter, or more successful." was far more ridiculous than anything else, I guess she forgot her comments to Aviva (SAHM) or those she/Bethenny said to/about Jules.

As for Bethenny being done with Carole, we are talking about Carole's feelings, not Bethenny's or how you/I/we see it but how Carole saw/sees it and she knows Bethenny far better than any of us do or ever will.

• Love 3
(edited)
8 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

While I agree that Carole was a bit idiotic in her "Yeah that did happen" comment I'm not so sure Bethenny would react any different had Carol called Dennis to ask him to do her a favor for free without giving her a heads up first either. Both of these HWs are territorial IMO, not just Carole and bot would react OTT about it. 

The comment, "Unlike Bethenny, I don’t need to be biting and self-righteous in order to make myself feel better, smarter, or more successful." was far more ridiculous than anything else, I guess she forgot her comments to Aviva (SAHM) or those she/Bethenny said to/about Jules.

As for Bethenny being done with Carole, we are talking about Carole's feelings, not Bethenny's or how you/I/we see it but how Carole saw/sees it and she knows Bethenny far better than any of us do or ever will.

Oops!  I got Carol's blog quote wrong!

She may be upset now but it is precisely because she knows Bethenny better than any of us do that Carole knows Bethenny is not "done with her."

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 1

Here's a first, Ramona wrote a pretty good blog! http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-10/blogs/ramona-singer/ramona-singer-bethenny-needs-to

She is really risking taking a hit from Bethenny by doing this, a BIG risk! Oh, and it does seem to support some of the "rumors" being said in page six (or maybe Ramona was THE source for that bit of gossip!) "It’s to the point where we all just tolerate her antics because it’s easier to just take the hit and move on. If Bethenny is consistent at all, it’s that she cannot be confronted on any of her behavior (whether it’s her own anger or emotional issues).

It’s two sets of rules: her way or no way. She can stick up for Sonja, be her mouthpiece (“puppet”) and call out Tinsley, but when Carole tries to defend Tinsley she’s a puppet. This is crazy!! Bethenny needs to look in the mirror."

I'm guessing the shite will really hit the fan at the reunion this year, Bethenny will come loaded for bear. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, AnnA said:

Oops!  I got Carol's blog quote wrong!

She may be upset now but it is precisely because she knows Bethenny better than any of us do that Carole knows Bethenny is not "done with her."

Read Ramona's blog, even she says that Bethenny was different with, going after, Carole but that Carole was still supporting Bethenny. Hells Bells, if Ramona picks up on it then it had to have been pretty obvious that something had changed in how Bethenny viewed/thought of Carole. 

You had the meaning of what she said right and that's what matters, I went to reread it to make sure I wasn't mistaken in how I saw it and I stand by what I said, that in her blogs and in her THs, Carole knew that Bethenny was done with her and that she knew it by seeing/hearing everything B said/did that Carole didn't know about at the time of filming. I never said that Carole knew it then (meaning while they filmed these last few episodes) but NOW/current time. LOL

• Love 2

Heheh Ramona is always fun. Ironically, I suspect Ramona is one of the "safest" housewives to confront Bethenny on her behavior in that I suspect Ramona, crazy eyes and nutty as she is, is one of the few in this crowd who actually saves money and doesn't really need the show to support herself. Does she still have her clothing business? She's got a place to live, an income away from the show, and probably has a tidy sum put aside. Whats the worst that happens to Ramona if Bethenny demands her ouster from the show? She resumes her life sans camera? Still has the house in the Hamptons etc?

*to be fair, I actually don't know that Ramona still has the house in the Hamptons but I assume leaving the show is not a huge financial hit for Ramona, unlike Luann and Sonja.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Here's a first, Ramona wrote a pretty good blog! http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-10/blogs/ramona-singer/ramona-singer-bethenny-needs-to

She is really risking taking a hit from Bethenny by doing this, a BIG risk! Oh, and it does seem to support some of the "rumors" being said in page six (or maybe Ramona was THE source for that bit of gossip!) "It’s to the point where we all just tolerate her antics because it’s easier to just take the hit and move on. If Bethenny is consistent at all, it’s that she cannot be confronted on any of her behavior (whether it’s her own anger or emotional issues).

It’s two sets of rules: her way or no way. She can stick up for Sonja, be her mouthpiece (“puppet”) and call out Tinsley, but when Carole tries to defend Tinsley she’s a puppet. This is crazy!! Bethenny needs to look in the mirror."

I'm guessing the shite will really hit the fan at the reunion this year, Bethenny will come loaded for bear. 

Too bad Andy always coddles Bethenny - he might as well let her run the reunion show.

• Love 6

And btw, she's probably known as "Duff" ONLY to her close friends cuz I've never seen or heard anyone casually refer to her that way.

I'm dating myself, but I ONLY knew Karen Duffy as "Duff," back when she an MTV veejay. I didn't even know she was a socialite!

Whenever I think Sonja might have become a little more humble, she does stuff like throw shade at Ramona for not "already" owning chinchilla. Bitch, please.

Didn't Kelly defend her fur wearing in Season 3, saying that she reserves the right to change her mind on wearing fur, even from one day to the next? And that she can still support PETA doing so?

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Heheh Ramona is always fun. Ironically, I suspect Ramona is one of the "safest" housewives to confront Bethenny on her behavior in that I suspect Ramona, crazy eyes and nutty as she is, is one of the few in this crowd who actually saves money and doesn't really need the show to support herself. Does she still have her clothing business? She's got a place to live, an income away from the show, and probably has a tidy sum put aside. Whats the worst that happens to Ramona if Bethenny demands her ouster from the show? She resumes her life sans camera? Still has the house in the Hamptons etc?

*to be fair, I actually don't know that Ramona still has the house in the Hamptons but I assume leaving the show is not a huge financial hit for Ramona, unlike Luann and Sonja.

Ramona is one of the few that does confront Bethenny but I think even she backs off most of the time just because Bethenny goes too far in her attacks.

I think Ramona got the apartment/Hamptons house and Mario got the cash/money in the divorce, at least that is what she said happened. She sold her resale business long ago but I'm sure she squirreled away some money separate from any marital/joint money, although she doesn't always seem that smart, because of what happened to her mother, she is smart enough to protect herself financially IMO.  And, Yes, she still has the house in the Hamptons and rents it out for a couple/few weeks a year so she doesn't have to pay income taxes on it.

• Love 5
(edited)
23 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Read Ramona's blog, even she says that Bethenny was different with, going after, Carole but that Carole was still supporting Bethenny. Hells Bells, if Ramona picks up on it then it had to have been pretty obvious that something had changed in how Bethenny viewed/thought of Carole. 

did that Carole didn't know about at the time of filming. I never said that Carole knew it then (meaning while they filmed these last few episodes) but NOW/current time. LOL

Ramona was all excited at the possibility of a rift between Bethenny and Carole so I'm not surprised by her blog.   I didn't read anything in Ramona's blog about Bethenny being different with going after Carole.  If anything Ramona was saying that Bethenny has gone after everyone over the years so this wasn't anything new.   While that's true, it's also true that most of them have as well.  It's always someone's turn to be in a HW's crosshairs.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2

This part of Ramona's blog amused me. After listing various charitable works that all the others do this is all she could come up for her closest friend Sonja "and Sonja has her passion projects as well."

• Love 10
1 minute ago, AnnA said:

Ramona was all excited at the possibility of a rift between Bethenny and Carole so I'm not surprised by her blog.   I didn't read anything in Ramona's blog about Bethenny being different with going after Carole.  If anything Ramona was saying that Bethenny has gone after everyone over the years so this wasn't anything new.   While that's true, it's also true that most of them have as well.  It's always someone's turn to be in a HW's crosshairs.

Yes they all take a turn, but Bethenny/Carole were that tight and always had each others back no matter what, that this is a noticeable/big difference in how Bethenny is treating Carole because Carole still has Bethenny's back (with the exception of Bethenny going after Tinsley on Sonja's behalf) and surprising to all of them, especially Carole. 

I have to say, Bethenny taking up for Sonja who ran a smear campaign against Tinsley, Dorinda and Luann in the tabloids/page six is surprising. She went ballistic over Kristen answering a question at a step/repeat about her and Kristen's answer was nice, she said nothing negative about Bethenny at all but B went crazy! No one is allowed to talk about her to the press but it is fair game to talk about the others in the press, even when they are lies, talk about double standards/hypocrisy! 

8 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

This part of Ramona's blog amused me. After listing various charitable works that all the others do this is all she could come up for her closest friend Sonja "and Sonja has her passion projects as well."

Well, it would be rude/nasty to just say that Sonja's charity of choice is herself! LOL

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Yes they all take a turn, but Bethenny/Carole were that tight and always had each others back no matter what, that this is a noticeable/big difference in how Bethenny is treating Carole because Carole still has Bethenny's back (with the exception of Bethenny going after Tinsley on Sonja's behalf) and surprising to all of them, especially Carole. 

I have to say, Bethenny taking up for Sonja who ran a smear campaign against Tinsley, Dorinda and Luann in the tabloids/page six is surprising. She went ballistic over Kristen answering a question at a step/repeat about her and Kristen's answer was nice, she said nothing negative about Bethenny at all but B went crazy! No one is allowed to talk about her to the press but it is fair game to talk about the others in the press, even when they are lies, talk about double standards/hypocrisy! 

I don't think Carole has exactly "still had Bethenny's back."   Once she became BFFs with Tinsley, she was snotty and rude to Bethenny.  

• Love 2
(edited)
9 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I don't think Carole has exactly "still had Bethenny's back."   Once she became BFFs with Tinsley, she was snotty and rude to Bethenny.  

IMO, she wasn't snotty or rude, maybe insensitive a couple of times (the lunch with Tinsley in the Hamptons) but that's it. She finally defended herself when Bethenny basically told her to shut up when she tried to defend Tinsley while Bethenny was going at her on behalf of Sonja. And it was funny, Bethenny acting as Sonja's mouth piece yelling at Tinsley then at Carole to stop being Tinsley's mouth piece, talk about hypocrisy! Bethenny would never tolerate Sonja (or throw Sonja a "bone') had Sonja done to her what she did to Tinsley, Dorinda, Luann, never in a million years. Oh the hypocrisy that spews from Bethenny's mouth! LOL

Oh, and Carole was still singing Bethenny's praises up until the Tinsley/Sonja fight, so Yes, she still had Bethenny's back!

Edited by WireWrap
because my brain is having hickups today! LOL
  • Love 8
(edited)
11 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

IMO, she wasn't snotty or rude, maybe insensitive a couple of times (the lunch with Tinsley in the Hamptons)

Obviously we have a difference of opinion so let's just agree to disagree. 

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2

No offense to Ramona but her new BFF Carole, justified being friends with Ramona. I believe Carole wrote that Ramona isn;t tolerated by any of us.  Ramona and Bethenny are in fine company as they have had a blow outs with virtually every RH.  Ramona even transcends the franchises.  She offends everywhere she goes.  Last year Carole could not stand Ramona as Ramona made the nail in the coffin comment about Carole not having children.  So soon and all is forgiven. 

Bethenny and Ramona have already had their moment, the crescendo in Mexico-naked in the pool.  Ramona used Bethenny as much as Bethenny used Ramona.  

37 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

I think Ramona needs the show for cash flow.  When she took the real estate she had to cash Mario out of their properties.   She phased out her business and has struggled to have a successful anything line.  Ramona's business had no assets it just closed.  Her book was a flop. She has no income away from the show other than perhaps some rental income.  I have no idea why people continually think Luann is strapped or in the same boat as Sonja.  Of all the RH when she divorced she did the right thing and downsized her lifestyle.  A lot is made of the fact she doesn't have a permanent home in NYC-why should she when she can short time lease for three months during filming?   

Ramona no getting renewed would be devastating to her-I was kind of hoping she would follow through and get her real estate license.  There is nothing remotely interesting about Ramona and she is working overtime this year trying to be a pot stirrer instead of getting endorsements.  Ramona is now barely tolerable of WWHL.  Her job of trashing Jill, then Luann is to now trash Bethenny.  

• Love 7
3 hours ago, AnnA said:

And Carole has snarked on B in her THs for years, even when they were close friends. This is one acerbic bunch; it doesn't mean they are coming for each other. 

I think things may be standing out more to some people because they KNOW what's coming. 

(I'm from the Midwest, but I have such a dark, sarcastic, inappropriate sense of humor. I relate to Bethenny a lot on that level.)

1 hour ago, AnnA said:

Yup. Agree. That's how I saw it. And Ramona is incredibly biased against Bethenny. They've had issues for the past few years. She is super excited that she might have an ally in Carole, so she's going to do whatever she can to kiss Carole's ass. 

Ramona doesn't want to be left at the kiddie table with Sonja anymore. And B won't tolerate her antics. So she's trying to wedge herself in somewhere else. 

Ramona's perception of a situation means little and less, to me. 

• Love 5
(edited)
5 hours ago, Jel said:

It sticks in my craw that 50 plus Carole calls herself "a girl".

It may just be a habit.  Lu refers to "the girls" frequently.  My mother calls any and every female "the girl who"...

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 7
(edited)
10 hours ago, WireWrap said:

This Moaner-blog is full-fat, twice the calories delicious. 

From jump, she's wielding a shiv, and fairly expertly for her;  even low-key, in places (little Moaner is finally growing up!) with the occasional juicy twofer (as when she writes about how proud they all are of Bethenny's work in PR, then provides a detailed description of the charitable projects all of the other housewives are involved in, by name and cause.  Fair enough! Seems decent!  Just information being provided! Until she ends that section with the vague - and vaguely sexual - phrase describing Lady Morgan's charitable work:   "And Sonja has her passion projects as well". No sign of rain, but Ramona's umbrella is snapped fully open, providing plenty of shade!)

She then turns the knife directly at Bethenny (while still trying to sell the idea that her comment to Bethenny, about the effect on Bryn re:  Frankel's 1990s sex scene, was all innocence on Ramona's part). Still, personal growth points to Crazy Eyes, because she now refers to it as a "nude movie" (which sounds more like a documentary on nude beaches in France -- all tasteful European body acceptance, footage of wise, old naked people holding bare-assed babies, all of them frolicking in the rolling surf) than Ramona's previous description (bow-chicka bow bow! Water beds!  Skinnygirl whore!)

"The sad thing is I can’t remember a time when Bethenny was genuinely happy and supportive of any of the women in our group. And I go back 10 years!! She treated Kelly horribly, she was competitive and combative with Heather, dismissive of Kristen, downright nasty to Jules (remember how she trashed her home?). She called Luann a snake and a whore, then Sonja was “dead to her,” for what? Trying to make a buck in the booze business? Last year she berated me for trying to have an awkward conversation about a nude movie she had appeared in, and she still doesn’t miss an opportunity to take digs at me. This year she’s condescending to Tinsley who wrote her a $10,000 check, calls Dorinda a drunk, and she’s on a rampage of insults against Carole who, up until this very episode, has never said a bad word about her and continues to support her businesses and charity."

When Crazy Eyes sounds like the sane one, these guys are not far behind.

horseman.jpg

eta: @biakbiak - great minds and all that ;)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 10

Well, I have to be honest, I see no indication that Ramona is struggling financially the way we've seen Sonja and Luann struggle. She has the apartment and apparently the house in the Hamptons and if the book and wine didn' do so well... she doesn't appear to be hurting. I don't think she took Mario to the cleaners but she seems to have landed well.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

It may just be a habit.  Lu refers to "the girls" frequently.  My mother calls any and every female "the girl who"...

I'm way, way past being a girl, but we still have "girl's night out". 

And I don't hold the 'Skinnygirl' brand against Bethenny. 

• Love 6