Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

8 minutes ago, JayDKay said:

The other night we speculated that the squad had been announced because Sam & Dayton posted how proud they were of VK and Jessika posted that she got flowers. Now that we have news that Tara was cut, could Jessika have been cut also? Or am i reading into this too much? 

Nah, she still has a twitter account. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MssdDrms said:

Maybe Tara is pregnant!

And, if she’s not ready to go public with that info.... could make sense. I honestly hope it’s something happy like that rather than some kind of illness that she doesn’t want to get out. Pancakes at 3am does seem to be more of a celebration thing than a solidarity move after she got “cut.” 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, loveaux said:

All these new pages made me think the squad was announced and the whole time, it was just a funfest of haberdasheries ?

Haha same

I haven’t posted in aaaages - just lurking and staying on top of the goss. 

Love that this board is going off - I was totally thinking that TPTB had officially jumped the shark by seeming to put VK on the team.... thank goodness sense prevails

How Kelli and Charlotte can possibly say what they said about VK being so amazing in ep 2 just blows my mind. She is overweight for a DCC and hopeless even in her own personal insta videos.

And her attitude so far with the winking and brashness has been odious.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, JohnGalt said:

I hope you don’t begrudge me for reserving judgment until this is announced on the show. Out of the group I named 11 are vets. It’s my understanding that Lexie was taken as an alternate since 11 would have been an awkward number for formations and sidelines. It could be that I have been given incorrect information, but my source has been spot on about everything else so I’m hesitant to believe this. I only speak for myself though. If you have a source that told you differently, fair enough.

an actual member of SG told me...butttt don't let me stand in the way of your hesitancy

• Love 5
2 hours ago, PBSLover said:

Oh and drat, I forgot her name. The brunette who was called in for weight, made fun of being called fat and ended up being dismissed from training camp for being “toxic in the locker room."

Last one: the pageant sisters who left training camp to fulfill their pageant duties.

Her names Chelsea but I (now gave her the nickname) (should work as) Hooters Girl ... because of how she dress and looked after she got her boob job. Like the difference between how she dressed herself and how Kelsey Lowrance dressed herself when they both got their boobs done. With Kelsey I did not think she came across as a "hooker/Hooters girl" after her boob job (I thought Kelsey still looked "decent" if that made sense), but with Chelsea I did think it. I thought she was hilarious (in a good way) the way she managed to talk herself onto the team her rookie year (I wonder what her attitude would have been like had she left in training camp, her rookie season - like Kelli wanted her to) and came back the following year and the year after that (which WOULD have been her 2 and 3th year of trying out). Theres always a part of me that thinks that.

Back to topic Does anyone know how many episodes cmt is doing for this season? And @ShellyB congrats to Dayton. I do hope she enjoys her time and I bet you would probably go on the cruise shes on (once she started working) to see how shes doing etc

Edited by CrazyEve
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, CrazyEve said:

Last one: the pageant sisters who left training camp to fulfill their pageant duties.

The Minchew sisters- Miss Lafayette and Miss Louisiana  

Lacey and..Kinley, right? Kinley was the one who came back and was cut at finals. 

• Love 2

WOW....what a day! Rumors, speculation, and gossip swirling about on here. I have to say, Tara's cut caught me off guard; didn't see that coming. Victoria getting cut (if true) didn't surprise me. Although there has been a lot of "shade" thrown at Kelli, Judy, and Charlotte on here, I do believe they pick girls that they feel are a perfect fit for the organization based on what they've seen in training camp. We all know, as in life, "who you know" may help you get a foot in the door of an organization. After that, it's up to the individual to prove they belong there. Without seeing this year's season, it's hard to know why the girls were cut, but I can't wait to watch it play out. I really appreciate all the "inside" info that is shared on here. Best of luck to those remaining in training camp!

Another sad thing about Tara being cut, I think she’s really good friends with TCCs Maddie and Erin. If they make it, it wud have been fun for them all to cheer together. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Trixi said:

Another sad thing about Tara being cut, I think she’s really good friends with TCCs Maddie and Erin. If they make it, it wud have been fun for them all to cheer together. 

Shocked that they cut her 

• Love 6

Folks, no more discussion OF the discussion, and whether it's civil or not or nice or not. No more chastising your fellow posters or trying to mod the thread yourselves. No more commenting on who posters might or might not be, or about alternate accounts, or sock puppets. Do not discuss the presence of any DCC-related folks on this site. Discuss the show, not your fellow posters. Many, many posts have been removed today, all of which violate the rules of this forum or quote posts that violate the rules. Y'all know better. We appreciate how excited you are by all the news, but that's not an excuse. Further violations will result in warnings, and may result in us locking this thread, if you can't play nice. 

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, TexasNative said:

I really hope the rumors are false and Victoria didn’t get cut!! Team Victoria all the way!!! 

I agree - I think she looks like a strong candidate outside of her soft mid-section.  I think her big dancing, that others call “out of control”, actually  fits the DCC style...and I think she’s really pretty.

If she was cut for saying inappropriate/caddy stuff, then I guess she deserved to be cut, but I still don’t see why she doesn’t deserve to make the team outside of her soft stomach. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Spunkyyy said:

Last season kitty did not care for Tara when talking with Kelli and Judy. I wonder if Kitty expressed similar sentiments to them this year leading to her cut?

When Kitty says this, is when she holds up her card, and you can see the judges score for Tara at 15!

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

I agree - I think she looks like a strong candidate outside of her soft mid-section.  I think her big dancing, that others call “out of control”, actually  fits the DCC style...and I think she’s really pretty.

If she was cut for saying inappropriate/caddy stuff, then I guess she deserved to be cut, but I still don’t see why she doesn’t deserve to make the team outside of her soft stomach. 

I don’t think Victoria has a “soft stomach” she’s has a true dancers body. Trust me, as a former dancer who had zero body fat when I was Victoria’s age, even just chugging water and breathing heavy after practicing my routines it looked like I had a belly! Those abs can’t always be flexed 24/7!

• Love 1
23 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Found this ep on YouTube but only zipped thru to the judges panel.  The look on Marshall and Kristi’s faces when Scott was talking.  They were like NOoooooo!!! 

Can you send me the link too?  Thx!

18 minutes ago, Erinbridget said:

Madi (old DSIG) who tried out for DCC made Allen Americans Ice Angels, so happy for her!

It looks like TCC Kristen made it as well??

E292B900-010D-45A4-AB0C-68CD98E517ED.jpeg

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, MamaV said:

Can you send me the link too?  Thx!

Did someone send it to you if not I can 

2 minutes ago, Trixi said:

It looks like TCC Kristen made it as well??

E292B900-010D-45A4-AB0C-68CD98E517ED.jpeg

Tcc jasmine did to 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, PBSLover said:

Love the boards today. Thanks for all the fun. A truly unexpected surprise.

Indeed, if @quitecontrarymoni, that sweet girl from outside New Haven, CT (was it @heatherzzz?), and the nice school teacher from Texas were all still around and posting their opinions on a day like this, then it would have been just about perfect!

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Did someone send it to you if not I can 

Tcc jasmine did to 

Good for them both!!  Glad they found something else. 

Edited by Jesslyn
  • Love 1

Honestly, I didn’t think VK was bad from what we’ve seen so far on the show. Did she seem a little out of control? Yes. But she really was big, bold and beautiful, the three B’s you need at auditiosns. Beauty is different for everyone, I know. But you really can’t say she’s ugly. Her smile may be gummy or toothy (and I will forever hate the comment about Chandlers smile, I loved Chandler), but she is still pretty in her own way, as is every girl on the team. And I can totally relate to her being over the top ‘powerful’ to the point where she looks out of control. She’s 18 and has been dreaming  of auditioning forever, the excitement of finally being able to try out can make you Over exaggerate. From what I’ve seen of her so far, objectively I would say she is worth a gamble at training camp to see if she can fix her weak spots (especially spacial awareness and staying in line).

dont get me wrong, I have never been a fan of hers since I heard her call herself a future DCC years ago, she always came across as a little entitled to me and she and her mom do feel a little (more like a lot) shoved down my throat. But I do give her credit for working hard for a long time to achieve her ultimate goal (which I find kind of sad since life has so much to offer, but I do get it, you only have so many years to be a dancer). 

I’m not sure I’ll ever really like her, she needs to grow up a little, but I don’t think she’s as bad as we’ve been making her sound sometimes. 

Also, I was really rooting for Dayton, she is amazing, but I’m not gonna call her cut unfair or say she was robbed until I actually see some of her dancing in camp, for all I know her cut may be deserved if she can’t get the style down or something. 

This board is by far more interesting than anything coming from DCC Land this year, so thank you guys for that, I love the speculations and the drama, I love reading it on my way home from work. 

Edited by Preity
  • Love 16
14 hours ago, Holly85 said:

I know who made show group if you wanna know I’ll send you message 

Not trying to be difficult but may I ask why you’re not sharing the info in a spoilers allowed thread?  I haven’t been here as much lately so may have missed why.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Not trying to be difficult but may I ask why you’re not sharing the info in a spoilers allowed thread?  I haven’t been here as much lately so may have missed why.

Someone posted who made showgroup not too many posts back. A page at most. 

• Love 1

And I think VK may be unfortunately surrounded by people who are not pulling her up on her delusions. Her apparent confidence may be getting in the way of accepting some much-needed feedback on how to improve in power pom if she wants to be a great DCC. Jay’s body fat machine would not be kind.

• Love 9

I haven’t seen much about Victoria but she certainly didn’t seem worse than other girls who have made the team and much better than the strugglers like Morgan and Brianna.

If I were hiring, hiring a person I’ve known their entire life definitely has an advantage over a stranger. That’s pretty much obvious to me and is expected every place I’ve ever worked. My law firm has certain policies against hiring direct relatives, but knowing the partners definitely helps you get hired.

I've watched this show for years and it’s always been a subjective process based on opinions, not unbiased scientific study. They’ve cut girls I thought were great and kept people I thought would never make it. Most of the girls I could see struggling didn’t make a second year or even finish their first year. 

I do think that huge tv screen on the field has hurt the team. They are so concerned with the look on the screen that they take more photogenic girls over better dancers who maybe don’t have the exact look. They don’t want obvious errors, but they overlook a lot (except not knowing the size of a football field or who the team owner is)for the girl that looks beautiful. That look and appeal is subjective.

As someone mentioned, Kelli didn’t like Janelle - and her first solo with ms kitty was rough as I recall. But she looked really good on the screen and lit up the stadium. If she hadn’t, she could have easily been sent home and they would have lost a fantastic team member. 

Just trying to say it’s all subjective and there are a lot of factors at play.

Edited by rose711
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, TexasNative said:

Unless you have witnessed her dance in person and have had a verbal conversation with her, which y’all would be pleasantly surprised how kind she is, don’t be so quick to judge based on rumors and short clips of her dancing from the show. Whether she has connections or not, being invited into training camp reflects the quality of a strong trained dancer and poised young woman. DCC wouldn’t invite just anyone to TC. And the fact that she has been in training camp all summer proves she has what it takes! I wouldn’t be so quick to judge a book by its “TV” cover. Rooting for you Victoria! 

But it’s fun to judge.  She seems so full of herself.  And her mom seems obnoxious. 

• Love 9
15 hours ago, JohnGalt said:

Victoria got cut. Plain and simple. I’m not going to list sources or argue about it anymore. Soon enough it will come out, which is what I’ve been implying all day.

THIS!!

Just in case you were out on a hot Friday night date & missed the Board blowing up last night??? WOW!! Thank you JG!!! I have to grab some coffee & read all the comments- who would have thought??! oh my!!!!

• Love 3

So first as a Mom I am gutted for Shelly and Tina. BOTH young women were worthy of TC and seriously are under the microscope of people hiding behind keyboards on the interwebs. The same goes for their Moms especially Tina which people have been brutal about her appearance. Is she Judi who is just I imagine rolls out of bed awesome??? Or Kelli who is always camera ready when we see her and has a fabulous wardrobe and knows how to work her curves?? No But at the end of the day Tina is a person!!!

I think on camera VK has been polite and a mix of nervous and confident. Look to even do that to try out you have to put the game face on and push out confidence.

Lastly I think very few here understand what being a legacy means in a place like Texas....you join the sorority that your grandmother and your mom joined. You go to the college your Mom and Dad met at. You are raised with the children of you Mom's lifelong friends. Your brothers first name is probably you moms maiden name. It is a BIG deal but also one that people talk about openly.

This makes me think of many moons ago the tons of Holly hate (which I sure people won't remember but trust me it happened....she was soft,,,she was spoiled brat, she made the team because she was friends with Kelli's daughter...she was homeschooled because all she did is dance on and on it did not end....then flip the script year 2 it started to change....Year 3 omg she was robbed and wronged. What I am saying is the show is a show and right now they are serving up a storyline on Dayton and Victoria....which is dribbling out how the season will play out. It shows us very little of who they really are.

• Love 9
20 hours ago, Trixi said:

This, exactly!

I feel the same way. I just feel like it isn't fair to the other girls that have worked so hard to follow their dreams. I also feel that this takes away from future seasons. I want to think that with all the emphasis on character, morals, and appearance that Kelli has placed on the girls, both the ones who made the team, and those that didn't, that if VK makes the team despite the obvious weight concerns and the lack of dance ability some of the other girls have shown, she will have just reduced the integrity of the team to that of any other NFL dance team. 

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, coffeemug230 said:

Lastly I think very few here understand what being a legacy means in a place like Texas....you join the sorority that your grandmother and your mom joined. You go to the college your Mom and Dad met at. You are raised with the children of you Mom's lifelong friends. Your brothers first name is probably you moms maiden name. It is a BIG deal but also one that people talk about openly.

I think l lots of us understand it and have witnessed or experienced it in our own lives. Nepotism exists in business, social groups, etc. 

However, we've been sold a bill of goods from DCC leadership that they only accept the best of the best. Blind allegiance to "legacies" undercuts those standards. There will certainly be qualified girls with connections, but Kelli is embarrassing herself with the narrative of Victoria as the anointed one. It's ridiculous. 

• Love 12

Better lighting than the last pic - glad to see so many familiar MTT faces. I think SDW is such a nice lady and seems to build a solid foundation for the ladies needing more pom and power experience. Their style seems to be best suited for getting the minor league experience ahead of hitting the majors! 

Some serious cuties in this group too, will be great to see how they do at auditions next year! 

• Love 7