Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, lfedncr said:

Bottom line, if VK was cut in that episode, the question still remains why was she allowed to get that far.  Again bodes to favoritism .  

Drama makes good ratings. People are still talking about Cassie and all the drama from season 12.

• Love 7
Just now, lfedncr said:

Bottom line, if VK was cut in that episode, the question still remains why was she allowed to get that far.  Again bodes to favoritism .  

Exactly.  Why was she allowed to get that far?  Why was she allowed into training camp to begin with?  Why did we spend the first two episodes being inundated with messages about how amazing she is even though we can clearly see she's out of shape and a "meh" dancer (at best)?  Why was the judge who dared to voice some concerns chastised for doing so?

• Love 13
1 minute ago, HateWatcher said:

Drama makes good ratings. People are still talking about Cassie and all the drama from season 12.

Hee. So much this.

I just think the regular posters on the board like to be really thorough on their assessments. My lunch would be really boring if they weren't!

• Love 4
9 hours ago, DBAAT said:

Does anyone know if Jinelle is currently working for the cowboys organization in any capacity?

I dont if someone answered this, trying to catch up. But why do I think that she helps Jennifer with the Junior DCC??? I saw a clip on Jen page a few weeks ago and she waiting on Jinelle for Jr. DCC practice. I mean now that Jenn is expecting I'm sure she needs a back-up plan. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Me right now:

giphy.gif

My thoughts exactly! 

Really though, this is why some of the girls seem somewhat obsessed with the board (something that I’ve not seen with any other reality tv show). You got all of these insiders, some perhaps sent by the organization, posting. I appreciate the insider info for sure, but I get why it may have made the board seem more important than it is to the girls.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, NotaDCCheerleader said:

Tara's twitter is not on a glitch.

The squad was not announced last night. 

The first game is not until the 18th, there is still time for more cuts.

Specific posts regarding specific individuals and whether they have been given a free ticket to the squad are wholly inaccurate and should not be believed.  

Why was Tara cut?  

1 hour ago, Lolfordays said:

No problem, Tina!

?

56 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

VK getting propped up based on favoritism doesn’t affect my enjoyment of the show. There’s a reason for the saying “it’s not what you know, but who you know.” VK isn’t the first person who has been helped by her connections. With the DCCs specifically, I’ve long thought that some of their decisions were arbitrary, inconsistent, or based on factors other than merit. Furthermore, I’m commented numerous times about Kelli playing favorites, so that’s not new for me. 

I’m just surprised by how terrible they are at hiding it. After all of these years, do they really think that if they just tell us that someone is fabulous, that we will automatically believe it? VK is clearly not in ideal shape, and she hasn’t done anything to make the audience go “wow, she’s good.” They would’ve been better off had they just not focused on VK a ton, but the focus that they have put on her has only made it clear (thus far IMO) that her skill doesn’t back up the lofty words that Kelli and Charlotte are throwing around.

I’m certainly willing to keep an open mind on her though.

I was willing to keep an open mind. But so far, they are TELLING us she’s so amazing and not SHOWING us. For example, she was barely in the 2nd episode and I think it was all talking heads. They should’ve shown her combo and kicks so I could decide if #WeatherJudge had valid points or not. I guess I’m still on the fence but about to fall off. 

Edited by Tdoc72
  • Love 8
53 minutes ago, California Girl said:

Wow!  The intrigue on this board is more compelling and interesting than the actual show this year. 

I sense from the hot snark flying around this thread like bacon grease off a fryng pan, that various posters are insiders with their own agendas, and that each knows or suspects who the other one(s) is (or are).  If anyone wants to PM me the skinny, I am an old, long time poster and fan, who is extremely discreet, so I will not be spilling any tea publicly.

Same here California Girl. I feel like we are family. lol

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

My thoughts exactly! 

Really though, this is why some of the girls seem somewhat obsessed with the board (something that I’ve not seen with any other reality tv show). You got all of these insiders, some perhaps sent by the organization, posting. I appreciate the insider info for sure, but I get why it may have made the board seem more important than it is to the girls.

I love this board. It’s the only one I comment on but that’s mostly cuz none of my friends will watch MTT so can’t discuss with them?. It took me a long time to actually start posting, was a long time lurker but I love seeing the other opinions. I enjoy a true fan and the passion that goes with it. Thanks everyone!!

• Love 18
9 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

I dont if someone answered this, trying to catch up. But why do I think that she helps Jennifer with the Junior DCC??? I saw a clip on Jen page a few weeks ago and she waiting on Jinelle for Jr. DCC practice. I mean now that Jenn is expecting I'm sure she needs a back-up plan. 

I would LOVE Jinelle to take a position within the organization.  Although, she’s got so much charisma and dance experience, I think she could still dance professionally if she wanted to. 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, JerseyGirl said:

“We are rockin’ and rollin’ today!”

Ugh, I couldn’t stomach watching these two, and did TK walk her in and schmooze with  KF and CJ beforehand?

I just can’t this season.  

THIS!!! OMG. That scene literally made me cringe...

3 hours ago, unicorns1989 said:

When I watched last night's episode they did there final performance why was Kelsey, Chantel, Elizabeth not in the pic when the retiring vets to the pic in the locker room.  Were they not there at all.

I'm assuming thee were not available. We all know that Kelsey was traveling all summer and Kelsey was not show group....was she?

Edited by DCCFAN71
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, Trixi said:

I love this board. It’s the only one I comment on but that’s mostly cuz none of my friends will watch MTT so can’t discuss with them?. It took me a long time to actually start posting, was a long time lurker but I love seeing the other opinions. I enjoy a true fan and the passion that goes with it. Thanks everyone!!

Oh, to be clear, i wasn’t criticizing the board. I spend way too much time here and did at TWOP as well. I was just referring to how the girls seem so aware of it, and the current mini-spat going on between insiders as being an example that explains it. If my boss or her deputies/assistants were posting on a board about the job, I sure as hell would be lurking there lol. I wouldn’t be surprised if the girls come here to learn information, just like the rest of us.

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 7

I’m confused..... I need a reality show to help me keep up with the reality show. 

So... the team may or may not have been announced (VK messages, Shelly video, flowers for Jessika)

VK either made it yesterday or was cut

Kelli may or may not have realized the favoritism aspect and is doing damage control 

I feel like it was Victoria in The Star with the poms.

Did I win?

• Love 18
2 hours ago, NotaDCCheerleader said:

Tara's twitter is not on a glitch.

The squad was not announced last night. 

The first game is not until the 18th, there is still time for more cuts.

Specific posts regarding specific individuals and whether they have been given a free ticket to the squad are wholly inaccurate and should not be believed.  

Thank god! An account made two hours ago to tell me what’s up ? This will change my mind about Victoria. 

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

Wait What?? Are y'all saying that Tara got cut. I mean she did post this cryptic message. 

Apparently she did, we don’t know why so we’re just tossing around some theory’s on why a experienced vet that extolled the virtues of what the dcc claims to b all about cud get cut so late in the game. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Gham said:

I’m not saying we should feel bad for every single girl. But I do feel bad for her because of all the backlash that she’s getting. That would be hard for anyone to see. Other girls with talent that have been cut, haven’t had the same commentary that VK is getting. Also, an outsider perspective, it doesn’t seem to me that Kelli is making VK seem like the best thing that happened. I think this group is hyping it up with all the negativity and making it bigger than it even appears so far on the show. 

But what I meant is that these other girls were actually good candidates who git cut, so yes I won’t feel bad for a clearly wrong candidate who’s only making it because Kelli sees her as a daughter. She should be thankful she’s getting a spot that other, more deserving girls got denied from. I doubt she cares what we say either way.

the only redemption point for me is that she probably auditioned for the experience and knew she wasn’t good enough and she may not like the preferrential treatment.

9 minutes ago, JohnGalt said:

Feel free to check your PMs for my response. I did not come here to reveal information that is not public yet or betray anyone’s confidence, so I’m not comfortable talking about that situation in public.

It’s not snark directed to you specifically, but I don’t get why so many posters are talking about things they know without actually saying anything. I get that you don’t want to share confidential info, but if you can’t share it, you’re just making us pester you for details you can’t spill.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Jennv said:

I was referring to girls who make the team, as they are employees and they absolutely can have rules regarding what they post. Obviously they can't tell someone who does not work for them what to post.

They also COULD have a non-disclosure clause in their contracts this year. So, even those who get/got cut, might be prohibited from posting certain info. Maybe they aren’t allowed to post about other people being cut, and that’s why we are waiting for those who do get cut to post, since no one else is allowed to. This is speculation; just trying to be logical about why/how there is such a SUCCESSFUL lockdown this year. 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Trixi said:

Apparently she did, we don’t know why so we’re just tossing around some theory’s on why a experienced vet that extolled the virtues of what the dcc claims to b all about cud get cut so late in the game. 

Blenders better get to work. You know who you are. You are up against nepotism, fresh young dancers, and whole packages e.g. Miss America's runner up.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, NotaDCCheerleader said:

Girl, just wait for it. Season 13, Second to last episode. 

The name Notadcccheerleader wouldn't be Madeline that we all hope makes it???

• Love 2

I rather wonder if they think there is a possible correlation between the ratings going up as spoilers get fewer year over year. That's pure speculation on my part, but wasn't last year the highest rated year? We had less factual info unlike previous years and speculation was high. Of course last year was also a shitshow I doubt they want to repeat.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Trixi said:

This! There better b a damn good reason that most of us can agree on that Tara got cut cuz TPTB r slowly losing all the respect I had for them when this show first began. World Class? That starts at the top, don’t diminish the brand for ratings please and thank you. 

What does TPTB stand for.. Sorry I'm normally better at acronyms just can't seem to make this one out. LOLOL

• Love 4
Just now, DCCFAN71 said:

What does TPTB stand for.. Sorry I'm normally better at acronyms just can't seem to make this one out. LOLOL

Glad you asked because I don't know either and an inquiring mind wants to know :) 

• Love 9
Just now, Jess14 said:

The powers that be. 

1 minute ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

The Powers That Be...I think

thank you :)  It took me FOREVER to figure out what IIRC stood for ...hahaha

• Love 3
Just now, nittanyvolleyball said:

I always thought it was your mood may vary

I just flat googled it one day, and it said “your mileage may vary.” There’s provably different variations though, and whether you use mood or mileage, it basically means the same.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, California Girl said:

The Victoria Kalina favoritism does not bother me as much as it clearly offends others.  The girl grew up immersed in the DCC system since she was a toddler, and she therefore desires, understands, and appreciates the job as much as any candidate possibly can (as does Dayton, which makes her cut so heartbreaking).  Whether it be a job at Goldman Sachs or as your local high school principal, some people earn it 100% on merit, and others earn it on some combination of merit and who you know.  VK falls into the latter category, yes, but that's life and I do not begrudge her having the connections and relationships to help her across the finish line.

I don’t begrudge her per se, but if you are trying to convince me that she is so stellar, please show me some proof.  I’m not a trained dancer, but when they gushed over how magnificent she was during deliberations, the shot they showed had her coming well across the front line near the judges table.  It just seemed so over the top.  Like she couldn’t control herself and they say you need to be able to watch your lines, be aware spatially, etc.  They harp on that especially during the entrance.  I get that it was auditions, but it seemed as if she was trying so hard that she couldn’t control herself.  Again, not mad at her.  I’m sure she has prepared for this day, is excited and wants to wow them.  But don’t get offended at the judge when he has a fair criticism.  Isn’t that why you have so many judges across so many different businesses; sponsors, media, trainers, etc?  Thought you wanted to hear all the opinions so that you could make informed choices when you pick who moves on.  If you’re going to basically shut down the other judges that you don’t agree with (and I don’t mean a healthy disagreement), then why have them?  I know you can overrule the judges and have, but the glaring (and I’m aware that editing is at play here) and OMG’ding over her (based on what I saw) is just too much.  And if it is true that they were told that she was not up for discussion, then you have basically discounted their opinions.  It’s one thing to disagree and overrule, it’s another to basically shut all down all differing opinions, especially on one person.

I have no problems with her being enthusiastic and hyper and I don’t know her Mom enough (per social media or the show) to dislike her so that’s not it.  Like I said before, I don’t think she’s DCC or HD friendly and from my admittedly untrained eyes, she does not look special enough from what I’ve seen on the show to rate all the accolades.  It’s almost as if CMT is playing with us.  

• Love 19
2 minutes ago, Kayce said:

thank you :)  It took me FOREVER to figure out what IIRC stood for ...hahaha

If you google these acronyms, there are a few dictionaries that give their meanings. There are even a few for slang- I have trouble understanding my teenage niece and nephew sometimes (especially when they are talking to their friends on SM). 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I just flat googled it one day, and it said “your mileage may vary.” There’s provably different variations though, and whether you use mood or mileage, it basically means the same.

Yeah I have to google it every time lol 

It's definitely mileage but doesn't matter lol

5 minutes ago, VintageJ said:

I don’t begrudge her per se, but if you are trying to convince me that she is so stellar, please show me some proof.  I’m not a trained dancer, but when they gushed over how magnificent she was during deliberations, the shot they showed had her coming well across the front line near the judges table.  It just seemed so over the top.  Like she couldn’t control herself and they say you need to be able to watch your lines, be aware spatially, etc.  They harp on that especially during the entrance.  I get that it was auditions, but it seemed as if she was trying so hard that she couldn’t control herself.  Again, not mad at her.  I’m sure she has prepared for this day, is excited and wants to wow them.  But don’t get offended at the judge when he has a fair criticism.  Isn’t that why you have so many judges across so many different businesses; sponsors, media, trainers, etc?  Thought you wanted to hear all the opinions so that you could make informed choices when you pick who moves on.  If you’re going to basically shut down the other judges that you don’t agree with (and I don’t mean a healthy disagreement), then why have them?  I know you can overrule the judges and have, but the glaring (and I’m aware that editing is at play here) and OMG’ding over her (based on what I saw) is just too much.  And if it is true that they were told that she was not up for discussion, then you have basically discounted their opinions.  It’s one thing to disagree and overrule, it’s another to basically shut all down all differing opinions, especially on one person.

I have no problems with her being enthusiastic and hyper and I don’t know her Mom enough (per social media or the show) to dislike her so that’s not it.  Like I said before, I don’t think she’s DCC or HD friendly and from my admittedly untrained eyes, she does not look special enough from what I’ve seen on the show to rate all the accolades.  It’s almost as if CMT is playing with us.  

Thank you.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, HateWatcher said:

I always thought Tara was a very nice person, BUT forgettable. There I said it.

WARNING: THIS IS NOT THE KINDEST THING EVER WRITTEN. Only continue reading if you can handle that.

I went back and studied Tara's pictures. She is much prettier far away than she is up close. There are some angles where she looks better than others, and unfortunately the cameramen for that huge HD screen aren't always going to catch the best one. 

With that said, I do feel for her. I couldn't imagine being cut so close to the end as a veteran. 

Edited by MSgal
  • Love 6
Just now, MSgal said:

WARNING: THIS IS NOT THE KINDEST THING EVER WRITTEN. Only precede reading of you can handle that.

I went back and studied Tara's pictures. She is much prettier far away than she is up close. There are some angles where she looks better than others, and unfortunately the cameramen for that huge HD screen aren't always going to catch the best one. 

With that sad, I do feel for her. I couldn't imagine being cut so close to the end as a veteran. 

I always feel bad for the ones cut. Even if we can see why, it still hurts.  Beating yourself up because you lost something that was important to you sucks. I liked Tara and I am sorry to read she was cut, even if the cut was fair.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, MSgal said:

WARNING: THIS IS NOT THE KINDEST THING EVER WRITTEN. Only precede reading of you can handle that.

With that sad, I do feel for her. I couldn't imagine being cut so close to the end as a veteran. 

I agree. She was up against nepotism, candidates that stood out such as Kalyn (sp? the one with the bright eyes and violet hair), and whole packages, like Rachel W.