Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

19 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I hope it was honestly... if they cut a petite vet for “weight” while keeping a rookie is huge for dcc standards (i don’t just mean overweight -for dcc standards- but she’s tall and clunky like Caila after being cut), i would be furious. I get that they want VK on the team, but cutting a much better vet at the same time? Yes they’re just asking for backlash.

Yeah, and so were hundreds of girls over the years. Are we supposed to feel bad for them too? I do actually because gIrls far better than VK had been cut, while Kelli is trying to convince us that VK is the best thing that has ever happened to this team.

I feel like VK is only here for the notoriety of being a DCC and for the television time she can get for her next career. She is not going to college, never made any mention of what she would like to "be" when she grows up, and what I have seen of her so far, she is very vain and self absorbed. It feels like she is hoping to be an internet model or influencer, and being a DCC will help her achieve that.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, veronicamers said:

I think l lots of us understand it and have witnessed or experienced it in our own lives. Nepotism exists in business, social groups, etc. 

However, we've been sold a bill of goods from DCC leadership that they only accept the best of the best. Blind allegiance to "legacies" undercuts those standards. There will certainly be qualified girls with connections, but Kelli is embarrassing herself with the narrative of Victoria as the anointed one. It's ridiculous. 

The thing is, Kelli and Judy owe us no explanation. As far as they are concerned, allegedly, the DCC organization is swept clean on a regular basis and who cares if anyone else believes otherwise. 

Until I see that squad photo, I won't believe VK got cut. Heck.....I half expect her to be in the front row.

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, veronicamers said:

I think l lots of us understand it and have witnessed or experienced it in our own lives. Nepotism exists in business, social groups, etc. 

However, we've been sold a bill of goods from DCC leadership that they only accept the best of the best. Blind allegiance to "legacies" undercuts those standards. There will certainly be qualified girls with connections, but Kelli is embarrassing herself with the narrative of Victoria as the anointed one. It's ridiculous. 

And if that is true, why didn't Dayton make it, either this year or last?

20 hours ago, Middlemom said:

Yes so shocked people are saying Tara had gained because the pictures show otherwise. She didn't ever seem like she had weight issues in the past. She also seemed sweet and genuine. It will be interesting to hear the DCC rationale for the cut. 

The main ones mentioned for weight this year have been Keyra, Selina, and more recently, Maddie. 

I thought I read that Keyra and Selina did not make it back to training camp. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, jlc said:

And if that is true, why didn't Dayton make it, either this year or last?

I guess what I'm saying is that they overlooked things they would otherwise not have because they wanted Victoria on the team. It's impossible to know whether they would have done the same for a candidate who wasn't Kelli's best friend's daughter. All we know about Dayton is that they didn't want her on the team. They clearly did want Victoria. 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Glamourdoll said:

I rather wonder if they think there is a possible correlation between the ratings going up as spoilers get fewer year over year. That's pure speculation on my part, but wasn't last year the highest rated year? We had less factual info unlike previous years and speculation was high. Of course last year was also a shitshow I doubt they want to repeat.

I have watched last season several times, and I am not sure what everyone is referring to about last year being a "shitshow". I have been watching this show from the beginning but this is the first time I have been on this forum, so I am very new to what is going on, but what is up about last year?

18 hours ago, Kayce said:

thank you :)  It took me FOREVER to figure out what IIRC stood for ...hahaha

I still don't know what IIRC stands for. lol

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, jlc said:

I still don't know what IIRC stands for. lol

8 minutes ago, Kayce said:

if i remember correctly :) 

Since we are on acronym definitions... I have seen  "THIS." --- what does that stand for? 

9 hours ago, TexasNative said:

Unless you have witnessed her dance in person and have had a verbal conversation with her, which y’all would be pleasantly surprised how kind she is, don’t be so quick to judge based on rumors and short clips of her dancing from the show. Whether she has connections or not, being invited into training camp reflects the quality of a strong trained dancer and poised young woman. DCC wouldn’t invite just anyone to TC. And the fact that she has been in training camp all summer proves she has what it takes! I wouldn’t be so quick to judge a book by its “TV” cover. Rooting for you Victoria! 

I think the issue many of us are having is that "DCC" i.e. Kelly and Charlotte do in fact bring "just anyone" to training camp.  Obviously they have to have some skill but we have seen on numerous occasions girls being cut when someone much worse remains on the team.  Additionally I, as well as some others feel that VK staying so long shows nepotism.  Many TCC in the past have stayed past their expiration date, for CMT ratings.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Did Neal McCoy say anything?  Haven't watched the episode yet.  Moor fun catching up here first to be more informed before I watch.

When Charlotte said she had the exact opposite response and Kelli agreed with her, that is when I knew the fix was in. The weatherman was spot on in his critique, and when Melissa looked over at him you could see she wanted to agree with him. I am really sad that Kelli is "cheapening" the reputation of all these cheerleaders for the sake of her own friendship with TK.

• Love 10
16 hours ago, hypeman said:

4. Ashlee, Brianna, Malena, and Khalyn

speaking of Brianna - former TN titan - I loved her semi costume. the color looked great on her and I think the design suited her body. wonder how much did her outfit cost... 

• Love 6
17 hours ago, pizzaislife said:

Good golly, I just hope it’s all true. It sounds like so much fun to watch. (And yes I get she is a person blah blah she put herself on the show and she heavily promoted it) I have nothing for or against her, just looking for some good tv. Like I’m secretly hoping Brennan gets cut and goes all Meghan F on everybody or that Tara got cut for being secretly pregnant with Jerry Jones baby. Bring on the popcorn. 

I want a making the team and I want The real cheerleaders of Dallas 

Ok, I am a new member to this site, so please bear with my ignorance - what do you mean when you say "Brennan gets cut and goes all Meghan F on everybody".

All this debate about VK and whether or not she is a sweet girl or an entitled stuck up brat, makes me wonder what her classmates from her high school would say. I creeped on her instagram and all her pictures are of her hanging out with older DCC or Dayton, Sam and Haley. Surely she has some school friends her own age, and if not, it might be that she acts like a mean girl at school but sucks up to older DCC, Kitty, K and C, etc. Hence why they all think she is so wonderful  

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Kayce said:

She went to Oxnard with the show group. Don't they usually only take SG? Maybe she is an alternate? 

Actually I just read back and saw what you posted about Oxnard ...so I guess we will know soon enough :) 

I missed it, don't want to go that far back, what happened in Oxnard?

29 minutes ago, jlc said:

Ok, I am a new member to this site, so please bear with my ignorance - what do you mean when you say "Brennan gets cut and goes all Meghan F on everybody".

Meagan F. tried out for the DCC in Seasons One, Two and Five. She made it into TC three times. In Season Five, she was cut again and told off Kelli and Judy. One of the most classic cut scenes in the history of the show.

46 minutes ago, UnicornSparkles said:

I thought you posted about being her friend, wouldn't you know if she were cut?

I’m friends with former DCCs and their lips are sealed. Even if I knew.... I am sending positive vibes her way! She’s an easy target for haters, which is sad because I feel like she’s kicking butt for an 18 year old fresh out of high school. It takes courage to put yourself out there, especially when you already have the pressure of being a legacy. All in all, I’m a fan of Victoria and hope for the best! ?

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Meagan F. tried out for the DCC in Seasons One, Two and Five. She made it into TC three times. In Season Five, she was cut again and told off Kelli and Judy. One of the most classic cut scenes in the history of the show.

Oh man, that must have been awesome! I have to go back and find that. Thank-you.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, TexasNative said:

I’m friends with former DCCs and their lips are sealed. Even if I knew.... I am sending positive vibes her way! She’s an easy target for haters, which is sad because I feel like she’s kicking butt for an 18 year old fresh out of high school. It takes courage to put yourself out there, especially when you already have the pressure of being a legacy. All in all, I’m a fan of Victoria and hope for the best! ?

I hope she is okay and does not have a serious health issue. I admire any girl who tries out for DCC especially since the show started. And yes, I say the same thing for the girls I cannot stand.

14 minutes ago, Jennv said:

All this debate about VK and whether or not she is a sweet girl or an entitled stuck up brat, makes me wonder what her classmates from her high school would say.

Hahaha honestly why do opinions from high school kids even matter? Would you ask other candidates that were older what their classmates thought of them? 

14 minutes ago, Jennv said:

Surely she has some school friends her own age, and if not, it might be that she acts like a mean girl at school but sucks up to older DCC, Kitty, K and C, etc. Hence why they all think she is so wonderful  

I can tell you she was no way at all a mean girl at school. She was even involved in the schools TV show which shows her ability to get along with others. I too was in that program and you have to be kind in order to be involved. Coppell is a close knit community and everyone supports one another, especially her classmates. 

It might seem like she is sucking up to older DCC, Kitty, K and C, etc, but the fact of the matter is that she literally grew up in the DCC community. So of course she is going to have pictures with people she is around with often. I’m a Dallas native and being involved with old family traditions and clubs is very common here. Also you witness multiple times on the show how the girls say how much they love the sisterhood of being a DCC. Y’all would be in the same boat if you were in her shoes. Having her mom be a former DCC and involved in the program, of course she would want to bring her daughter into the sisterhood of something she herself cares so much for. I’d do the same thing. Exposing a young girl to such a great community of strong and poised women is a only a good thing! 

• Love 9
43 minutes ago, jlc said:

I missed it, don't want to go that far back, what happened in Oxnard?

that's the Cowboys training camp and show group goes there to perform :) They also hold Camp DCC there . 

Edited by Kayce
1 hour ago, jlc said:

I have watched last season several times, and I am not sure what everyone is referring to about last year being a "shitshow". I have been watching this show from the beginning but this is the first time I have been on this forum, so I am very new to what is going on, but what is up about last year?

Um, the Holly and Jenna drama, Erica's cut/drama and then her lawsuit, losing 3 people during the season (Alexandria, Mulan and Karissa). Last years team was a shit show for a lack of a better term. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, jlc said:

She came back a third time and was cut.  She told them they shouldn't have let her in if they were just going to cut her again and something to the effect it was cruel.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Um, the Holly and Jenna drama, Erica's cut/drama and then her lawsuit, losing 3 people during the season (Alexandria, Mulan and Karissa). Last years team was a shit show for a lack of a better term. 

Yes, I get the Jenna/Holly drama. I forgot about that. But, there was no mention of Erica's BS during the show, or of Milan leaving to study abroad.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, jlc said:

When Meghan was cut for the 3rd time she went off on Kelli and Judy about wasting her time. She was visibility angry and upset to be invited back again when she didn't believe they ever thought she'd make it. 

Just now, jlc said:

Yes, I get the Jenna/Holly drama. I forgot about that. But, there was no mention of Erica's BS during the show, or of Milan leaving to study abroad.

A shit show year doesn't necessarily need to make it on air for us to know about it---the show wasn't a shit show, the actual TEAM dynamic was a shit show. If anything the show benefited from the drama.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

TC this year has been lets say interesting also. It has seem to be dragging on forever. Maybe it is the show itself, but it is hard to get excited about everything. It breaks my heart the show does not have the same punch it had in earlier seasons. I hope the girls survive TC this year. I probably would be tempted on eating enough junk food to sink a battle ship with and enough chocolate also to fill up a battle ship with due to the excessive pressure from Judy, Kelli and Charlotte and having cameras in my face constantly.

1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

TC this year has been lets say interesting also. It has seem to be dragging on forever. Maybe it is the show itself, but it is hard to get excited about everything. It breaks my heart the show does not have the same punch it had in earlier seasons. I hope the girls survive TC this year. I probably would be tempted on eating enough junk food to sink a battle ship with and enough chocolate also to fill up a battle ship with due to the excessive pressure from Judy, Kelli and Charlotte and having cameras in my face constantly.

I agree - the season is only two shows in and already it seems like this drama has been going on for months. I just wish we could get to training camp and see for ourselves what drama is playing out and how.

• Love 4

Hahaha honestly why do opinions from high school kids even matter? Would you ask other candidates that were older what their classmates thought of them? 

14 MINUTES AGO, JENNV SAID:

Surely she has some school friends her own age, and if not, it might be that she acts like a mean girl at school but sucks up to older DCC, Kitty, K and C, etc. Hence why they all think she is so wonderful  

I can tell you she was no way at all a mean girl at school. She was even involved in the schools TV show which shows her ability to get along with others. I too was in that program and you have to be kind in order to be involved. Coppell is a close knit community and everyone supports one another, especially her classmates. 

It might seem like she is sucking up to older DCC, Kitty, K and C, etc, but the fact of the matter is that she literally grew up in the DCC community. So of course she is going to have pictures with people she is around with often. I’m a Dallas native and being involved with old family traditions and clubs is very common here. Also you witness multiple times on the show how the girls say how much they love the sisterhood of being a DCC. Y’all would be in the same boat if you were in her shoes. Having her mom be a former DCC and involved in the program, of course she would want to bring her daughter into the sisterhood of something she herself cares so much for. I’d do the same thing. Exposing a young girl to such a great community of strong and poised women is a only a good thing! 

What her peers think of her matters because sometimes people act differently with adults they look up to. Have you never had a coworker who treated their peers like shit while kissing the bosses behind? I have

• Love 7
15 hours ago, Law Mom said:

Sometimes I forget if I posted a thought or just thought a thought,, so forgive me if I said this already, but I am not convinced that the Kalinas made the best choice if the ultimate  goal was DCC by going the studio company route. She should have done high school dance team, and maybe even a couple years of a college team. I know I have said in the past based on my own observation of girls transitioning from studio to dance team that it can take up to a year to get the sharp, crisp pom style.  Prep classes are great, but there is no better prep than actually being on a pom squad.

She has been trying to get the style for 2 years now. Ok, I’m going to say it. I guess that in Dallas dcc are famous or whatever. But being so adamant that your daughter does everything in her power to get on a team at 18 so that she can shake her body in basically a bra attached to sleeves and panties for older men, it’s a.desperate b.at the very least weird. She just doesn’t have it. Dayton isn’t the perky girl kind which I think is the reason she got cut and she got a far better gig based on skills (and not how hd her face is or whether she looks hot enough in the uniform).

15 hours ago, WickedMom said:

AND did you see the other judges faces? I am sure they were wondering why there were even there.

For the screen time... i doubt they honestly think their opinions matter but they definitely didn’t expect C&K to be so obvious.

9 hours ago, TexasNative said:

Well that’s your own opinion! I think they show great potential for the style for DCC. Most of them are from prep classes too. Not from a competition or anything, but showing her work ethic to train for auditions.  

I never said anything about trying to convince the tough critics on here that she’s this amazing, SYTYCD winning, kind of talent. I’m simply trying to prove a point that you have to have a certain level of skill to pass auditions and get invited into training camp. I’ve had multiple dance friends who are DCC alum and have nothing but positive things to say about Victoria. 

I won’t even argue that they’ve only invited good dancers (for the dcc style) into camp considering that they took Brianna last year-and I won’t even go further back to Morgan and beyond.But as for VK, I get that you’re trying to prop up someone you know, but if this is the best she can do after 2 years of prep classes and ‘having been brought up in the dcc community”...well I don’t have to add anything.

• Love 15
On 8/2/2018 at 12:45 AM, EricaShadows said:

If I remember correctly, it was the lack of facials that really killed her last year.  She had everything else on point, but the "mixed reviews" mentioned was that people loved her dancing, but the fact that she couldn't bring the same energy and sass she had in Finals to Training Camp that had people talking.

Don't even get me started on Christina.  I could go on for days (paragraphs at least) about the issues I have with her and Victoria, but I won't, so . . . . leaving it alone for now.

This is how I feel about the whole Christina thing. Kelli told her she had a lot of respect for Christina for continuing to try out and for listening to their critiques and fixing them. But what about Amy? She did the same thing and they cut her on the last night. Yes, there were some issues with her, but there were with Kelsey too, and they kept her. Everyone said Christina was weak, looked like she had no stamina, and yet they still made her a cheerleader. Every year it is as if they are changing what they want depending on the girl. It just seems like favoritism or hypocrisy is obvious every season. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, ShellyB said:

???☀️#southpacificislands

Wow she hit the jackpot with that location! I went to Bora Bora for my honeymoon and it was literally heaven on earth

• Love 11

I'm not going to "hope" an 18 year old girl got her lifelong dream crushed because some adults decided to favor her and she was acting, well, like an overly  excited and immature (likely due to her age) 18 year old girl.

But I DO hope if she did get cut that she views it as a teaching moment and not as a slap in the face.  Maybe she'll be told to take it down several notches and act with enthusiasm combined with humility and dignity instead of the stereotypical millennial "Look at me look at ME!!!".  No matter what age we are, teaching moments are tough.  I just hope she has the support to help get through it and it doesn't crush her.

• Love 18

Not to get off topic, but wudnt it b awesome if CMT did a behind the scenes show once a year of the solos? That’s one of the areas of try-outs that I wish they’d show lots more of. They cud feature parts of all the DCCs solos and then maybe the full solos of the Barbie winners and show group members. 

• Love 14
On 8/2/2018 at 12:24 PM, ATLGirl said:

Milan was a vet and had a proven track record of following the rules. They knew her education was important to her. It’s possible the study abroad opportunity came up unexpectedly during the season. Knowing how Kelli and Judi respect education, I can see them being disappointed but supportive of her wish to pursue it. 

Alexandria and Kalyssa were rookies with no solid background. I can see why Kelli and Judi might be peeved at them for leaving early, esp Alexandria. 

What season was it that Kitty specifically asked Milan why she didn't try out for show group? Milan replied that her schoolwork kept her too busy, and that she had a 4.0 average every semester in school. They told her they were so proud of her, now they are acting like she did something wrong? See, this is again why I think that certain people are given certain "passes" and certain behaviors are allowed (VT). 

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, jlc said:

What season was it that Kitty specifically asked Milan why she didn't try out for show group? Milan replied that her schoolwork kept her too busy, and that she had a 4.0 average every semester in school. They told her they were so proud of her, now they are acting like she did something wrong? See, this is again why I think that certain people are given certain "passes" and certain behaviors are allowed (VT). 

No, @ATLGirl said she can see K&J being disappointed that she didn't stay, but supportive of her leaving.  No one from DCC was upset with her.  I know some of us on the board wondered if she had known of this opportunity earlier, and shouldn't have tried out.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, jlc said:

It was last season, Season 12.

Milan left before the end of last season so I can see why they would be annoyed even if they do support her education. 

• Love 1
On 8/6/2018 at 12:52 PM, EricaShadows said:

If she truly has gained the weight, it wouldn't have to be because of a junk food binge every night, but, if Victoria doesn't pay attention to what or how much she's eating, then that's an easy way to gain the weight without going through a drive through.  She could eat a lot and say she's burning it off every night, but may truly not be.  Or she could be eating more due to stress, wanting to please her mom but feels she isn't living up to her, being in Training Camp and knowing that people think the main reasons she's there is because of her mom, any number of things that she can't quite articulate or want to think about.

I could totally see this happening, especially if they're trying to keep up the idea that she's working out so much due to her genetics making it easy to gain weight. 

It wouldn't be the first time a girl has gained weight in Training Camp or hasn't lost it in the time she's actually there.  There have been multiple reports over the years (and we've seen it on the show) where girls have gained weight or haven't lost it in a healthy manner.  Liz Reuter is the first girl to come to mind who needed to tone up because she was soft in the stomach area.  There are others who have done so.  They've all said they'll do more exercise or a different type of exercise to lose the weight but I've yet to see one girl say she's going to change her diet as well, which would contribute more to weight loss, especially if they're already working out.  

It's possible we'll see it addressed on the show, but I doubt it.  If they did, the first time they'd bring it up would likely be at cameos since it was said she gained the weight some time between uniform fittings and cameos. 

There is a reason they showed the whole working out so I don't gain weight like my mom video. No one else had a video like that, and they NEVER put in random videos, everyone has a purpose. Later in TC something will come up about her weight, and I would not be a bit surprised if she was cut because of weight and her reason wasn't some BS like "my mom struggled and so do I and there was no time for me to workout becuase I was so busy practicing" or something like that!

• Love 7

I'm wondering about Jaylyn and Malena, they cheered together last year, I was expecting to see a "friends forever" storyline and they were not shown even speaking to each other. I wonder if they don't like each other, or if they are friends and CMT just decided that storyline  was tired. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Jennv said:

I'm wondering about Jaylyn and Malena, they cheered together last year, I was expecting to see a "friends forever" storyline and they were not shown even speaking to each other. I wonder if they don't like each other, or if they are friends and CMT just decided that storyline  was tired. 

Probably tired of the best friend moving down here to make the team together story line 

• Love 3

I'm not rooting for VK to be cut or to make the team because I have not seen training camp yet to see how she does compared to the other TCC.  Prelims I thought she did well.  Semi's she might not have been the best as K and C say, but I can see why she made finals.  I am sad when most girls are cut.  I admit a few I enjoyed their cut.......Vivian the second time, Taylor little Miss Texas Teen are whatever she was, and I'm sure they may have been more.  However, this is VK's dream and I do not get satisfaction of watching anyone lose their dream.  Binge watching old episodes the last few weeks some cuts were so obvious.  

VK won't be the first who when dancing tried to dance bigger and then has to be told to rein it in.  VK of course is going to be devastated if she is truly cut.  As all the girls are.  When you watch prelims, the horrible dancers are crying when anyone would know they are not going to make it.  

• Love 5