Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

7 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

Who is the girl in the lower right corner?  She looks like the one who did not know what FBI stands for (in the previews)

That's her, Reagan a former DMD and TLD.

5 minutes ago, BonnieBlue said:

Do any of the insiders know whether Victoria, assuming she is able to lose all that weight, will try out again next year?

Is she out?  Has this been verified?

I lost track of who is in and who is out.  :D

TrainingCamp.thumb.jpg.f427f4f58a57aa843bb9b82a6279eee5.jpg

• Love 2

Final cuts usually come down to who is a disaster on field entrance & memory mistakes. Not sure I could remember 50 routines!! Are there really that many or is that embellished a bit? I wonder how hard it is when your group leader picks the wrong dance & you have to follow her lead??? so many of these girls are natural leaders- it must take some self control not to be exasperated ?

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, DiehardDCCFan said:

OK, so here’s my question. If a young woman at 18 makes the team at X weight, is the contract that she maintain THAT weight all her years on the team? Because most young women are still “growing into” her curves, etc. I know I did. OR is the weight changed each each she makes the team AGAIN? 

I believe they are expected to maintain their initial audition weight.

It's so true, neither my brother nor I finished growing until we were 25. Being a late bloomer is not so much fun in your 20s but it's awesome in your 40s ? That being said its a shame when the really young candidates fall victim to biology through no fault of their own. Even Cassie filled out between her rookie year and her last year. I'm not saying she got fluffy at all. But her body did change as she matured. She was still very thin but definitely had a more feminine shape at the end. 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, DancingForLife said:

Final cuts usually come down to who is a disaster on field entrance & memory mistakes. Not sure I could remember 50 routines!! Are there really that many or is that embellished a bit? I wonder how hard it is when your group leader picks the wrong dance & you have to follow her lead??? so many of these girls are natural leaders- it must take some self control not to be exasperated ?

This year Judy said they had 30 to learn over the summer. I think 30 is more accurate, except for Show Group. 

Yes, it was posted on here that she got caught telling some "terrible lie" to the powers-that-be and there was no choice but to cut her.

Posted here, but nothing official elsewhere. I think most of us are taking it with a grain of salt until we see her or Tina confirm it or the official squad announcement without her there. 

12 minutes ago, WickedMom said:

Is she out?  Has this been verified?

I lost track of who is in and who is out.  :D

TrainingCamp.thumb.jpg.f427f4f58a57aa843bb9b82a6279eee5.jpg

I think our confirmed cuts were Tara (Vet), Taylor T, Lindsey, Jasmine, Krysten and Dayton. Most recently it was suggested Victoria was also cut, but we don't know about anyone else yet. 

• Love 1
22 hours ago, sATL said:

let us know if/when you find it..  I guess my memory is failing in my ole age...I still have memories of Vivian reading a "poem" the night she was cut....

Vivian's poem...omg...that was one of the best moments in the history of the show!  You could tell how uncomfortable it make K & J!  One of them even said something like "If she'd put the time it took to write that poem into practicing instead"!  

• Love 10

Nicole Bulcher and Angela Rena are two that come to mind immediately when I think of girls who put on weight throughout their tenure. IIRC, they talked to Nicole one year about having gained 8-10 lbs since rookie year (I can't remember exactly). It didn't seem like they necessarily wanted her to get down to her exact rookie weight because she still looked toned and great in her body, but they just wanted her to be conscious of it and make really healthy decisions. And hell, she went on to be their Pro Bowl representative! My impression is they won't mind if you put on a couple lbs IF you still look great for your shape and build. The problem is most girls don't look as toned and in shape with a couple extra lbs, at least in Kelli & Judy's eyes.

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, BonnieBlue said:

There was one year where a training camp candidate (it was an African American girl) was never even mentioned.  You would just see her in the background.  I believe she was ultimately arrested or something and, thus, cut.  I doubt they can do that with Victoria though given how they've set her up as this star, but I am thinking future episodes will focus on her much less.

That was Sintia.  From what I understand, she was arrested late in Training Camp and charged with assault (I could be misremembering).  Even though she was an amazing dancer (and certainly had a look that wasn't on the team), I can understand the cut from K&J's point of view.  Too bad Sinta messed up like that because she would have otherwise been on the team.  Apparently, she was an amazing dancer.

While I haven't been wowed by any of the girls either this year or last year in terms of dance, they have been some of the most physically attractive (and physically fit) girls to come along in a while.  I won't compare them to earlier squads because tastes change as do standards of beauty over the years so what was pretty then isn't necessarily so now and vice versa.  Who do you think are the best on last years squad and who might be the best of the new rookies?  I want to see the ones I might have missed or overlooked or ignored for some reason.  

1 hour ago, DancingForLife said:

?Final Team Predicions-- GO!

Squad of 38? or 36?

Crazy thoughts for final cuts- Erin & Briana? ?

I'm sorry but I hope they don't cut any more POC.  They need the diversity for the team.

• Love 23
1 hour ago, DancingForLife said:

?Final Team Predicions-- GO!

Squad of 38? or 36?

Crazy thoughts for final cuts- Erin & Briana? ?

I think it will be a squad of 38, especially after what happened last year (though I could be wrong and they cut down to 36).  If they DO cut down to 36, I'd go with cutting either Hannah or Taylor J based on looks.  If I got to cut a veteran, I'd go with Christina for various reason including issues with flexibility and possibly stamina, especially if she hasn't fixed that "breathing" issue.  It also depends on if she fixed the rumors of attitude and/or diva-ish behavor.

Edited by EricaShadows

I had a dream last night Christina was cut. Which is weird because I have nothing against Christina. Just goes to show how the recent discussion has gotten this show in my brain. Kelly would be pleased. (does that count as brainwashing?)

Wasn't the scuttlebutt from one of the newer posters that the final team will be announced Monday?

• Love 1

I agree.  There's a shocking lack of diversity, and I was very upset that both vets cut at finals this year were women of color.

Thank you for saying that!  I was quite upset about that those cuts, as well.  I got a little nervous recently when I saw a group photo on here that didn't include Ashlee and Briana.

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I think it will be a squad of 38, especially after what happened last year (though I could be wrong and they cut down to 36).  If they DO cut down to 36, I'd go with cutting either Hannah or Taylor J based on looks.  If I got to cut a veteran, I'd go with Christina for various reason including issues with flexibility and possibly stamina, especially if she hasn't fixed that "breathing" issue.  It also depends on if she fixed the rumors of attitude and/or diva-ish behavor.

Hannah is on Show Group so she wont be cut

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Who do you think are the best on last years squad and who might be the best of the new rookies?  I want to see the ones I might have missed or overlooked or ignored for some reason.  

My standouts from last year were definitely Gina, Lauren, and Molly. I think look wise Savannah was a standout, though I'm not sure if it was always positive or not.

I really like Gabbi, Jaylyn and Taylor J from the current TC so my fingers are crossed they don't disappoint. To be frank, I'm kinda over the Daphne's of the DCC. Too much blonde. 

• Love 3

Has anyone got the original link of when is said that Victoria was cut?  I actually hope this is not true :-(

How big can the lie be?  Short of her saying she is Jerry Jone's love child, surely cannot be that bad? x

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Synspice said:

Thank you for saying that!  I was quite upset about that those cuts, as well.  I got a little nervous recently when I saw a group photo on here that didn't include Ashlee and Briana.

If any of the remaining woc are cut, I think this would be the least amount of diversity that squad has had in years (maybe going back to season 3-4). 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

I think they'll get it down to 36, I think Erin will get cut, but I'm not sure who else. I think this is the year Brennan will make it though. 

I don't think Brennan will get cut this year either, I think Kelli regrets not putting her on the team last year. I do think Christina will get cut... I really have nothing tho base that on other than she is the only one left who really bugs me. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Pritchdino said:

What happened with Tara?

She was cut, but we haven't heard why yet. Speculation is weight or dancing or breaking a moral sin type of rule. 

2 minutes ago, mcmrdh said:

I don't think Brennan will get cut this year either, I think Kelli regrets not putting her on the team last year. I do think Christina will get cut... I really have nothing tho base that on other than she is the only one left who really bugs me. 

If Christina truly had diva like behavior last season I think she should be cut. I think the team is dying for some maturity which is why I think Brennan is a great plus. 

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, Synspice said:

I'm sorry but I hope they don't cut any more POC.  They need the diversity for the team.

Don’t be sorry, I agree. There are way too many blondes this year, and I say that as a blonde. They are severely lacking in diversity this year. 

• Love 14
19 minutes ago, Anita said:

Has anyone got the original link of when is said that Victoria was cut?  I actually hope this is not true :-(

How big can the lie be?  Short of her saying she is Jerry Jone's love child, surely cannot be that bad? x

It's within this thread, I believe poster @JohnGalt said it a few pages back. You can likely search for it. No clear reason was given, but apparently she got caught up in a major lie. 

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

Hannah is on Show Group so she wont be cut

I'd forgotten that Hannah was on Show Group so she's staying.  That leaves me with Taylor J and she's prettier than Ashlee (going off pics from an earlier post) but Ashlee's look can be fixed in makeovers.

• Love 2

If they cut Christina for dancing at this point, they really really suck at their job. Nothing has changed. She is what she is. If she was outdanced, a professional would have made that call at auditions.

she will be safe. Supposedly she is great on appearances, reliable and pleasant. The dancing is so not the most important thing anymore. She isn’t Broadway caliber but she’s certainly fine enough. Honestly, unless you hate her and are looking for her, you barely can pick her out in the group.  

• Love 13
Just now, PrincessLeia said:

Don’t be sorry, I agree. There are way too many blondes this year, and I say that as a blonde. They are severely lacking in diversity this year. 

Agreed! I understood why Selena was cut---weight has been an ongoing issue, but I really loved Keyra's personality and didn't feel like she looked any different from when she made the team. 

• Love 10
Just now, Loves2Dance said:

Agreed! I understood why Selena was cut---weight has been an ongoing issue, but I really loved Keyra's personality and didn't feel like she looked any different from when she made the team. 

There was not a single woman of color at the DCC camp my daughter attended earlier this summer. Last year Robin and Jenna were both there. 

2 minutes ago, Lolfordays said:

If they cut Christina for dancing at this point, they really really suck at their job. Nothing has changed. She is what she is. If she was outdanced, a professional would have made that call at auditions.

she will be safe. Supposedly she is great on appearances, reliable and pleasant. The dancing is so not the most important thing anymore. She isn’t Broadway caliber but she’s certainly fine enough. Honestly, unless you hate her and are looking for her, you barely can pick her out in the group.  

She looks great in the uniform too and a somewhat unique look because of the shorter hair. I use the word unique loosely, but on this squad it is. She’s also 30 and probably brings a maturity that’s needed into the locker room.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Anita said:

The OP's name was JohnGault. If you do a board search, you should be able to find it.

1 minute ago, Jess14 said:

If any of the remaining woc are cut, I think this would be the least amount of diversity that squad has had in years (maybe going back to season 3-4). 

I wonder how different the demographics are between Dallas and Houston. The Texans have a team of 34 this year, and I see about a dozen women of color (six AA,  one Asian woman, and five Latinas.) I don't lose any sleep over having 'enough' diversity in the professional cheerleading world as long as there is some effort in that area, but it is a marked contrast to the DCC who have a bigger squad and three veterans of color, with the potential to add up to four more.

1 minute ago, Lolfordays said:

I think people who are hoping for Christina to be cut are holding on to a pipe dream. Regardless of the criticism of her during her rookie training camp, she had an entire year to prove herself, and has apparently done so to Kelli and Judy's satisfaction.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

The OP's name was JohnGault. If you do a board search, you should be able to find it.

I wonder how different the demographics are between Dallas and Houston. The Texans have a team of 34 this year, and I see about a dozen women of color (six AA,  one Asian woman, and five Latinas.) I don't lose any sleep over having 'enough' diversity in the professional cheerleading world as long as there is some effort in that area, but it is a marked contrast to the DCC who have a bigger squad and three veterans of color, with the potential to add up to four more.

Houston is so much more diverse than Dallas... I’ve lived in both places. Houston has a large Hispanic, African American, Asian, middle Eastern , European, Russian population. It’s a true melting pot. Hasn’t always been this way, but it is now. 

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I'd forgotten that Hannah was on Show Group so she's staying.  That leaves me with Taylor J and she's prettier than Ashlee (going off pics from an earlier post) but Ashlee's look can be fixed in makeovers.

I watched some videos on Hannah’s Instagram.  IMHO she is an amazing dancer and is of a caliber that makes her one of the strongest rookies.

• Love 4

Since @ShellyB was kind enough to provide us with the Show Group list this is what I got:

Vets on Show Group:

Lacey, Kash, Amy, Maddie, Tasha, Khalyn, Heather, Kelli, Tess, Gina, Lauren, Lexie 

Rookies on SG so safe unless they commit a moral sin 

Bridget, Amber, Hannah, Jalyn, Daphne

Confirmed & Speculated Cuts 

Taylor T, Jasmine, Lindsey, Dayton, Krysten & Tara (Vet) + Victoria 

Rookies still in TC but not on SG

Alanna, Ashlee, Brennan, Brianna, Caroline, Cianna, Erin, Gabby,  Lily, Madeline, Malena, Rachel, Taylor J 

From that list, I think it'll be Erin (based on her edit in Ep 2) and Lily (seems like another blonde blender) 

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, DiehardDCCFan said:

OK, so here’s my question. If a young woman at 18 makes the team at X weight, is the contract that she maintain THAT weight all her years on the team? Because most young women are still “growing into” her curves, etc. I know I did. OR is the weight changed each each she makes the team AGAIN? 

Having said that, I think they should stick with the 38. If it’s been this hard to cut. Just stop because the longer these ladies work together, the more they are bonded and forming as a team. 

Supposed to maintain your rookie look esp if you're a glam girl or fan fave. 

I would love to see more diversity esp more Latinas! but no matter if Dallas has a diverse population, if ladies of color don't get the technical training, have the build or audition, can't put them on the team. Not nearly as many Lacey and Khalyns as there are basic white girls at auditions.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Since @ShellyB was kind enough to provide us with the Show Group list this is what I got:

Vets:

Lacey, Kash, Amy, Maddie, Tasha, Khalyn, Heather, Kelli, Tess, Gina, Lauren, Lexie 

Rookies on SG so safe unless they commit a moral sin 

Bridget, Amber, Hannah, Jalyn, Daphne

Confirmed & Speculated Cuts 

Taylor T, Jasmine, Lindsey, Dayton, Krysten & Tara (Vet) + Victoria 

Rookies still in TC but not on SG

Alanna, Ashlee, Brennan, Brianna, Caroline, Cianna, Erin, Gabby,  Lily, Madeline, Malena, Rachel, Taylor J 

From that list, I think it'll be Erin (based on her edit in Ep 2) and Lily (seems like another blonde blender) 

You left off Miranda and Alexis, but they aren’t in show group so maybe that was intentional!

Edited by PrincessLeia
8 minutes ago, mcmrdh said:

I think Kelli regrets not putting her on the team was due to the fact she was called out due to what happened with Alexandria, Milan and Kalyssa leaving or in the case of Kalyssa possibly being cut before the DCC season was completely over. If the three of them stayed and tried out again and made it back to TC, Kelli probably would not be "regretting" not taking Brennan last year. It is just another story line for CMT, Kelli and Charlotte to come up with in my opinion to cover what happened with two of their rookies and one vet last season and to save face.

In the case of Selina and Keyra being cut, there is a lot more to why they were cut. Selina was told last year to tone up. She was given more than enough chances during TC and the DCC season to get back in shape. Other one year vets in the past did not get more than enough chances she got to tone up. Keyra said herself she missed at least one appearance, and unless she had a darn good excuse for missing the appearance she would be in the DCC dog house with Judy, Kelli and Charlotte. I have seen pictures of Keyra at finals, and she did not look good shape wise. And yes, there is probably a lot more reasons why Keyra was cut which we have no clue about. It is on Selina and Keyra to come back and be the best possible example of how a vet should be in appearance, dance skills, and people skills. If they did not come back better than they were the year before then it is on them and no one else.

4 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Supposed to maintain your rookie look esp if you're a glam girl or fan fave. 

I would love to see more diversity esp more Latinas! but no matter if Dallas has a diverse population, if ladies of color don't get the technical training, have the build or audition, can't put them on the team. Not nearly as many Lacey and Khalyns as there are basic white girls at auditions.

I certainly don’t think they should be taking girls just for diversity’s sake is they can’t keep up, nor do I there’s evidence that the DCCs have done that. More often than not, the girls on the struggle bus have been white, not the women of color in training camp. I think the DCCs like to have girls with different looks, but I haven’t seen anything to suggest that diversity is a huge priority. Whether it should be is certainly debatable. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I think Kelli regrets not putting her on the team was due to the fact she was called out due to what happened with Alexandria, Milan and Kalyssa leaving or in the case of Kalyssa possibly being cut before the DCC season was completely over. If the three of them stayed and tried out again and made it back to TC, Kelli probably would not be "regretting" not taking Brennan last year. It is just another story line for CMT, Kelli and Charlotte to come up with in my opinion to cover what happened with two of their rookies and one vet last season and to save face.

In the case of Selina and Keyra being cut, there is a lot more to why they were cut. Selina was told last year to tone up. She was given more than enough chances during TC and the DCC season to get back in shape. Other one year vets in the past did not get more than enough chances she got to tone up. Keyra said herself she missed at least one appearance, and unless she had a darn good excuse for missing the appearance she would be in the DCC dog house with Judy, Kelli and Charlotte. I have seen pictures of Keyra at finals, and she did not look good shape wise. And yes, there is probably a lot more reasons why Keyra was cut which we have no clue about. It is on Selina and Keyra to come back and be the best possible example of how a vet should be in appearance, dance skills, and people skills. If they did not come back better than they were the year before then it is on them and no one else.

With Keyra last year, I thought they also had a hard time getting a good picture of her for her cameo.  I believe they said there was only one good way for her to pose which means they would have had a problem with her body last year as well.  In the past they have taken girls who K+J were concerned about their body type only to cut them the next year.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, regdgreen2018 said:

With Keyra last year, I thought they also had a hard time getting a good picture of her for her cameo.  I believe they said there was only one good way for her to pose which means they would have had a problem with her body last year as well.  In the past they have taken girls who K+J were concerned about their body type only to cut them the next year.

I'm curious as to other people's opinions about what Judy and Kelli consider a good body type.  Now I'm not a dancer, so I don't know much about dancers' bodies and all that but I'm an African American woman and in our community, hips and butt are considered a good thing.  But, after watching this show for several years, it definitely doesn't seem to be that way for Judy and Kelli, considering some of the comments that they've made.  I'm thinking that if they opened their mind to what is considered attractive perhaps they could increase some of the diversity on the team.  

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Jess14 said:

I certainly don’t think they should be taking girls just for diversity’s sake is they can’t keep up, nor do I there’s evidence that the DCCs have done that. More often than not, the girls on the struggle bus have been white, not the women of color in training camp. I think the DCCs like to have girls with different looks, but I haven’t seen anything to suggest that diversity is a huge priority. Whether it should be is certainly debatable. 

I agree diversity does not seem to be a huge priority vs. lets have four or five black girls and a couple who we can't quite tell if they're Latina, biracial or Asian, etc. (Lacey, Nicole B, Simone, Morgan, Veronica). But seriously my opinion is they have more white girls struggle because there are more white girls who actually make it into camp.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Lolfordays said:

I feel like what happened with Milan happens more often than we realize with some of the girls who have more ambition outside of DCC, and usually more options. The are over it quickly and that is what is driving retirement — not getting engaged or whatever. Most of them just do it when the season ends though — but there is a long list of “she could be a five year girls” that have left after a year or two that were likely not impressed with the organization.

my reason for saying raise the age to 21 is because with that time and maturity maybe that will more applicants with the well rounded qualities they claim they value.

But again, they would have to stay on until they’re 26 at minimum to get to 5 years. I would hope that most girls at 25 start thinking about their futures more seriously.

2 hours ago, cardsfan720 said:

@DBAAT  I'm right there with you.  That was an emotional segment for everyone in the office!  Jinelle will always be one of my favorites.  Humble, beautiful, classy, graceful, and TALENTED!  I'll never understand why she wasn't made point during her career.  She's the quintessential DCC.  

For the same reason she was always almost hidden. I loved her, but I’m quite sure they didn’t like her look.

40 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I'm sure Victoria did herself no favors posing stuff like this and calling it "my people"...

image.png.799371da1ac8555d0e0b1caef0e70873.png

image.png.f88eff7470e3bf417b6bc95bd90d404a.png

Unsurprisingly, none of the rookies is one of “her people”.

As for standouts from last season: I think Rachel is seriously underrated. She’s outdancing most of her fellow rookies (1 yr vets, whatever) and she definitely has the girl-next-door appeal Dani had.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Synspice said:

I'm curious as to other people's opinions about what Judy and Kelli consider a good body type.  Now I'm not a dancer, so I don't know much about dancers' bodies and all that but I'm an African American woman and in our community, hips and butt are considered a good thing.  But, after watching this show for several years, it definitely doesn't seem to be that way for Judy and Kelli, considering some of the comments that they've made.  I'm thinking that if they opened their mind to what is considered attractive perhaps they could increase some of the diversity on the team.  

It's all about how you look in the shorts and boots. It's a proportional thing and hips/butt are make and break at that point. Keyra was also on the shorter side which can effect how the boots look too. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

But again, they would have to stay on until they’re 26 at minimum to get to 5 years. I would hope that most girls at 25 start thinking about their futures more seriously.

For the same reason she was always almost hidden. I loved her, but I’m quite sure they didn’t like her look.

Unsurprisingly, none of the rookies is one of “her people”.

As for standouts from last season: I think Rachel is seriously underrated. She’s outdancing most of her fellow rookies (1 yr vets, whatever) and she definitely has the girl-next-door appeal Dani had.

To be fair, she also has 2 pictures with dancer friends, 1 picture with Sam F and another with Char's daughter so it wasn't just DCC Vets. 

• Love 2

I had to come out of lurkdom to ask that please for the love of pineapples will someone tell us what went down with Victoria? Was it that she actually lied or was she not picking up the choreography or something else...you can't dangle the carrot that something "happened" and then leave us hanging like sad donkeys. Please?

• Love 21
19 minutes ago, Synspice said:

I'm an African American woman and in our community, hips and butt are considered a good thing.

I think all men no matter the color love a good butt!  But I'm from the south so understand your sentiments exactly.

• Love 7