Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, JohnGalt said:

I’d just like to go on the record and say that I’ve stated more than once that weight was my personal guess on why Tara was cut and I didn’t have confirmation on that at the time. It has been suggested to me by a couple different sources that it probably did play into her cut, but that there were other reasons.

When I stated she was cut, I was not assuming anything. She 100% was released and did not resign, but again as I’ve stated in the past, I know this will be taken with a grain of salt and expect people will be anxious to see this with their own eyes. I’m not really interested in sparking any more of these types of debates so I’m just going to keep to myself from now on. I hope everyone enjoys the season!

Gotcha...I didn't really think about who was posting the statement to be honest.  (I shouldn't have assumed that someone assumed) You've been so forthcoming with information and I don't want to see that stop.  Please continue :) 

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 20
9 minutes ago, Kethomp said:

Found this on IG. From this past Friday or Saturday I believe. Found it interesting with all the VK nutrition/weight issue talk and her being potentially cut on Thursday. May give more validity to her actually having been cut.109E5280-4057-4C14-A1CA-9219AA32B0FE.thumb.png.894f75ec6375699d8312ce1c319db5b9.png

Yeah, her comment about that extra scoop of whipped cream could definitely be alluding to her cut. Also, isn't this Emma's husband? How does he know these two?!

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Isolabella said:

Yeah, her comment about that extra scoop of whipped cream could definitely be alluding to her cut. Also, isn't this Emma's husband? How does he know these two?!

Yeah, that is Emma's husband.  I've seen him in pics with Sam and Victoria a number of times before so he's known them for a while.  Man, if I had an in to use Emma as a resource for DCC prep...!!!! 

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, JohnGalt said:

I’d just like to go on the record and say that I’ve stated more than once that weight was my personal guess on why Tara was cut and I didn’t have confirmation on that at the time. It has been suggested to me by a couple different sources that it probably did play into her cut, but that there were other reasons.

When I stated she was cut, I was not assuming anything. She 100% was released and did not resign, but again as I’ve stated in the past, I know this will be taken with a grain of salt and expect people will be anxious to see this with their own eyes. I’m not really interested in sparking any more of these types of debates so I’m just going to keep to myself from now on. I hope everyone enjoys the season!

I hope you change your mind. As someone who doesn’t live in the area I enjoyed your inside info. I have to say that I am usually a lurker but most of the time info posted to this board is pretty accurate. 

• Love 24

I think VK looks super cute in both of those instagram posts.  She's a little heavy on the makeup but honestly that's just standard procedure for a lot of Dallasites!  Hopefully it's just a case of her needing to just get a little seasoning.  A couple years of maturity never hurt anyone.

• Love 14
18 hours ago, kalibean said:

I get this, but sheesh, she should have shown up. Take the advice with a grain of salt but show up! VK might know more about nutrition than the average 18 year old, but probably not enough to disregard a job sanctioned professional. Even if they are using whackadoo science. 

As for Jinelle, she’s never been overweight, but I’m willing to bet she had some terrible years of being bullied for being so thin. (And I say this as someone on the flip side.) She’s probably someone who has to work hard to keep a figure aside from her bustline. I’ve heard from multiple sources that she’s one of the healthiest eaters on the squad, tons of fresh fruit and veggies always. Wouldn’t surprised me if she’d visited with a credible nutritionist in her younger days. 

I agree. Adding in tho...IIRC, she hadn’t made camp in prior years because of her weight. Last year they didn’t like her figure, but her dancing was strong. And they desperately needed strong dancers. This year, after a year of working with her strong personality (I’ve heard mixed reviews) they found dancers who were just as strong and had the preferred figure too. I think last year’s bottom tier girls tried out at the exact right time! 

Keyra herself said in season 12 that she had tried out 4 times previously and hadn't made it because of weight (in part). In season 12 she felt like it was her year because she finally had everything down including the weight.

even if shelookedthesame to us, she may have been up in weight. 

• Love 2

VK needs to grow and have some real life time to herself. I think focusing so much on this has actually set her back. Go to college, try out for the dance team, get a boyfriend (I don’t care enough to know if she has one or not), dance solely hip-hop/power for a couple of years. Have a non-Cowboys life for awhile and come back if you really want it. 

Be humbled in being cut and learn from your mistakes. 

Also, chop your hair off because you would look FIEEEEEERCE with a shoulder length bob. I believe this is the nicest thing I’ve said about her so far. But like, I think deep down we all want to root for her..we just can’t. 

• Love 17
2 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

I noticed her staff to look heavy last season actually.  Kashara looks bigger too based on that footage from the Draft.   If Tara cut had anything to do w/ weight I see their double standards are still alive and well...

Oh well, excuse me while I get back to my 600 calorie Starbucks drink and sit at my desk...;).

I'm drinking a Venti skinny mocha myself - with a big donut....LOL

I've said before I don't know if it's the pose the girls are caught in, or exhaling, cause everyone who has seen these girls in person says they are tiny and in shape.  

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, Isolabella said:

Because DCC-land is an exclusive sorority in Neverland that one must have an "in" to access.  You know, being "Dallas Royalty" and all.  ;)

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

I don't know why I've never noticed this before but Tara reminds me of Ivanka Trump in the face. I'm sad to see her go. 

I Noticed that too...she’s just beautiful.

• Love 5
On 8/10/2018 at 8:36 AM, DancingForLife said:

Well along w/ VK what about Erin?? Did you see her? What is the story there? Shocked that she made it out of Semi Finals??much less it looks like she made the Team...

what is going on here? Clearly not "the best" group auditioning this year!  I must have missed the part where they decided to lower their standards! Disappointed!!! I'm waiting to be wowed?

Erin's style of dance (or lack thereof) and her personality remind me of the TCC that was so shy and insecure, she whispered.   I can't believe she made it past semi-finals either, smdh !!

• Love 5
1 minute ago, KoKo said:

Erin's style of dance (or lack thereof) and her personality remind me of the TCC that was so shy and insecure, she whispered.   I can't believe she made it past semi-finals either, smdh !!

Same here.  I was so surprised they took her back into TC.

• Love 7

I agree with the poster a few pages back who said Keyra has a gymnast's body.  The truth is that Kelli really doesn't like that square body shape.  Allie D. had the same look/shape and also got cut her second year in.  I think Kelli tries to convince herself that it's okay but then she looks at them next to girls that have more of an hourglass shape and thinks they're heavy or square and that the uniform doesn't flatter them.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Nancybeth said:

I agree with the poster a few pages back who said Keyra has a gymnast's body.  The truth is that Kelli really doesn't like that square body shape.  Allie D. had the same look/shape and also got cut her second year in.  I think Kelli tries to convince herself that it's okay but then she looks at them next to girls that have more of an hourglass shape and thinks they're heavy or square and that the uniform doesn't flatter them.

And I agree with you both :) 

• Love 1

The reality is that they do line everyone up by looks and if the newer TCC blond out dances you, then there is no loyalty...just a slot to fill. 

That is why a finals the small groupings always look alike 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Jazzmom said:

The reality is that they do line everyone up by looks and if the newer TCC blond out dances you, then there is no loyalty...just a slot to fill. 

That is why a finals the small groupings always look alike 

True! But it does seem weird that Christina was not also outdanced then...something else must have happened in addition to that. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Kethomp said:

Found this on IG. From this past Friday or Saturday I believe. Found it interesting with all the VK nutrition/weight issue talk and her being potentially cut on Thursday. May give more validity to her actually having been cut.109E5280-4057-4C14-A1CA-9219AA32B0FE.thumb.png.894f75ec6375699d8312ce1c319db5b9.png

If she wasn't cut, this isn't a very good look for someone who is trying to look-DCC.

If she was cut, she's drowning her tears in sugar. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, kicklinegal said:

True! But it does seem weird that Christina was not also outdanced then...something else must have happened in addition to that. 

Maybe Christina was in the wavy blond hair group. Or this was a stressful camp and some were prone to gain weight and/or look fluffy.  It could be a good time to start having cheerleaders that have a little more weight on them...phase out this really skinny look.  I know...HD tv screen.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Kethomp said:

Ok does anyone agree that ‘Sugar Belly’ is gonna be a thing?  Much like ‘thutt’ I pic Kelli saying this?

7 minutes ago, Anita said:

Such a shame, in the CMT photo she still looks beautiful ?? xx

069FD4EB-6B31-4CC9-8271-78D190E0C435.jpeg

And also beautiful outside the studio setting as well. Such a shame to lose her. 

C0031E35-4F5C-41F9-AC31-37125F33CA02.jpeg

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Oklahomama said:

That picture of VK and Sam with Beavers is from 2017, right?

the date said posted three days ago but I didn't open up comments 

Edited by Kayce
On 8/12/2018 at 1:38 PM, Loves2Dance said:

Agreed! I understood why Selena was cut---weight has been an ongoing issue, but I really loved Keyra's personality and didn't feel like she looked any different from when she made the team. 

I think Keyra  took a little attitude on the last night of TC last year when they told her she wasn’t making enough noise with her poms.  She seemed a little smart-alecky with her shimmy’s.  Maybe it was just me.  I still thought she was cute as a button.  But Kelly also didn’t think her legs looked long enough with her boots on. She said it would depend on ‘how she completes the team’ so if Kelly could replace her with the same talent and longer legs...I don’t think she would hesitate to do that.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Oklahomama said:

That picture of VK and Sam with Beavers is from 2017.

Aw man! So u mean I’m not gonna hear Kelli call out someone’s sugar belly? Daggone it?

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Oklahomama said:

That picture of VK and Sam with Beavers is from 2017, right?

The first one is 2 days old, the other one is from 2017. 

29 minutes ago, kicklinegal said:

She got a Barbie this year, whatever Christina is doing is working for her. 

• Love 5
On 8/12/2018 at 1:49 PM, UnicornKicks said:

Supposed to maintain your rookie look esp if you're a glam girl or fan fave. 

I would love to see more diversity esp more Latinas! but no matter if Dallas has a diverse population, if ladies of color don't get the technical training, have the build or audition, can't put them on the team. Not nearly as many Lacey and Khalyns as there are basic white girls at auditions.

LOL...basic white girls.  That’s hysterical!!   ???. Make me spit my Diet Coke out!  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, JohnGalt said:

I'm sorry you feel that way and hope that I didn't do anything to contribute to it.  I know I posted that I thought she left on her own and wasn't cut, but I truly didn't remember that you said she'd been cut and you've been right about a lot (well, pretty much everything I remember reading, but my memory sucks at times and I admit to not going back and checking as often as I should).  I hope you stay and not only because you give good info.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

So now it's empty your bucket, sugar belly, struggle bus and fluff and puff, with chewy bacon during simmy finals.  What else??

Omg! Thutt. U forgot thutt!???

• Love 2