Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, HateWatcher said:

No Rachel Wyatt?

She may not b crazy talented, some girls never make show group. Seeing the rookies who did makes me excited to see how they do in camp. Let’s see more dancing and less winkin at the camera?

• Love 3
1 minute ago, JohnGalt said:

I had the same thought when I saw her at Oxnard, but I have been told she is not a member of show group. Always room for error though. We’ll see.

Maybe since so many of last year’s SG were gone, they took her to round out the squad?

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, JohnGalt said:

Not that I know of.

She went to Oxnard with the rest of show group. Guess I just assumed.   

ETA: my apologies, did not see that somebody else had made the same comment as me!

Edited by CheerGoddess

If it is true that VK was cut for lying about something, maybe it has to do with her telling people she was guaranteed a spot on the team? It could be possible that Kelli never promised her squat and word got back to her that Victoria was running around telling people she was a shoe-in, then lied about it when confronted? 

Or as another poster mentioned, all these insiders are really just CMT producers trying to up the ratings by generating gossip on here lol

• Love 12
16 minutes ago, dtxgirl said:

Honestly... my theory is that is VK played along with the story line this season that she has a spot this year but actually doesn’t and knew it. She knew going in she was there to add ratings and boost conversation about favoritism and all that. The agreement was that she plays to the story line this year, gets cut last moment and comes back swinging next year. Just sayin...

VK may be cool with this, but I doubt Tina would. I hate to say this because at some point in my life my daughters are going to go out for something and not make it and it's gonna suck---but given Tina's visibility, her time on the show and the constant reminders of being Kelli's BFF---if VK were my kid, I'd be mortified for her to be cut. If I lived the DCC life and went onto the show to give my expertise and then sent my kid to auditions anything less than 200% prepared, I'd look at it as a reflection of my poor choice not to step in and say, "Honey, maybe another year?"

Now before it's pointed out that this could be shade towards Dayton, I still don't and likely won't ever agree with her cut. I think Kelli and Judy missed the mark for her and I am 200% happy for where she went. And the difference between Dayton and VK is VK was bred for this; I don't believe Dayton was (and that isn't a negative). 

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Aggielife said:

I like to think this is all karma for Tina Kalina calling Chandler a grandma.

It took a while but was worth the wait....

So funny you said that.  I thought VK looked old for her age.  And it was based on her smile IIRC (I’m using that acronym so I don’t forget it).  And when VK smiles, it is so gummy that it makes her look ... not HD ready in my opinion.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

VK may be cool with this, but I doubt Tina would. I hate to say this because at some point in my life my daughters are going to go out for something and not make it and it's gonna suck---but given Tina's visibility, her time on the show and the constant reminders of being Kelli's BFF---if VK were my kid, I'd be mortified for her to be cut. If I lived the DCC life and went onto the show to give my expertise and then sent my kid to auditions anything less than 200% prepared, I'd look at it as a reflection of my poor choice not to step in and say, "Honey, maybe another year?"

Now before it's pointed out that this could be shade towards Dayton, I still don't and likely won't ever agree with her cut. I think Kelli and Judy missed the mark for her and I am 200% happy for where she went. And the difference between Dayton and VK is VK was bred for this; I don't believe Dayton was (and that isn't a negative). 

But I think Tina did let Victoria come in unprepared. She’s all over the place, not powerful and makes weird faces? Oh and she’s soft. 

Edited by Trixi
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, pizzaislife said:

I’m confused..... I need a reality show to help me keep up with the reality show. 

So... the team may or may not have been announced (VK messages, Shelly video, flowers for Jessika)

VK either made it yesterday or was cut

Kelli may or may not have realized the favoritism aspect and is doing damage control 

I feel like it was Victoria in The Star with the poms.

Did I win?

Yes. You always win, because of PIZZA. 

What Shelly video? This is the first time I’ve seen anything about it. And, I don’t ask without looking first... a little help, please? 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, NotaDCCheerleader said:

A cup of weight, a dash of being outdanced and a teaspoon of blending. 

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be snarky (I promise!), but....if Tara was supposedly released for the above reasons, why oh WHY is Jessika still there?

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, Trixi said:

But I think Tina did let Victoria come in unprepared. She’s all over the place, not powerful and makes weird faces? Oh and she’s soft. 

I would agree that she let her come in absolutely unprepared and what I was saying that, if I were Tina Kalina, I would be so embarrassed. I can see Tina wearing rose colored glasses, I can't see Tina purposefully making herself look bad. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

Yes. You always win, because of PIZZA. 

What Shelly video? This is the first time I’ve seen anything about it. And, I don’t ask without looking first... a little help, please? 

Shelly had the girls practicing the entrance on her Instagram story last night. Not sure if it’s still there or not since they only last for 24 hours. Not sure exactly what time she posted it. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Trixi said:

I blame Tina when she deserves it. But, how is Victoria’s falling short, fall on Tina? Victoria says that she was trained by former DCC all her life- why not all of them? Victoria was given lots of information (by just being around it) about what it takes to be successful with the DCC- is it possible that she’s just like other 18 year olds that can never be wrong until it’s proven to them in the form of a life lesson? Tina loves that child. We can all agree on that. Tina WANTS her to be a DCC- we can certainly agree on that. So why would she not say everything she could to make this happen? Not coming after you, just my point of view. 

• Love 6

Sometimes I forget if I posted a thought or just thought a thought,, so forgive me if I said this already, but I am not convinced that the Kalinas made the best choice if the ultimate  goal was DCC by going the studio company route. She should have done high school dance team, and maybe even a couple years of a college team. I know I have said in the past based on my own observation of girls transitioning from studio to dance team that it can take up to a year to get the sharp, crisp pom style.  Prep classes are great, but there is no better prep than actually being on a pom squad.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Taralightner said:

I still think the conspiracy is just not realistic. It’s like saying we didn’t land on the moon... how many people would have to be STILL keeping all those secrets??  

Oh honey, don’t go there!  Too many conspiracy theories. Dance is way more simple! 

3 hours ago, DocBrown said:

Veering away from tonight’s drama a little (long time lurker from the UK, finally decided to join, hello!) did anyone see Molly’s twitter post? 

She posted about a post Cowboys win after they lost to SF ? 

The DCC account retweeted it as well ? went to screenshot it but unsurprisingly it’s vanished now! 

That’s kind of brilliant and sad at the same time. Talk about a glass half full organization!

• Love 1
1 minute ago, PBSLover said:

Oh honey, don’t go there!  Too many conspiracy theories. Dance is way more simple! 

Lol- I used it as an example... I thought, while typing, this might not end well! I thought it got lost in all the activity. Thanks for pointing it out now that things have slowed a bit. ?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, hypeman said:

They had a dry run with this technique last year. Her name was Kashara.

The discrepancy between reality and what was sold (Kasexy, She's really killing it, etc.) was in no way as great as the VK debacle.

Last year, they took a nice, fun, good at DCC style and hyped her as great. They've been doing lesser versions of this every year. 

This is GOOD.

2 hours ago, Glamourdoll said:

I am curious. How many of you who read here on the reg would NOT watch the show because you learned everything in the spoiler thread first?

I never have because seeing it and reading about it are not the same. If anything I am more eager to see something if it sounds interesting.

Not me. Always gotta see it. 

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, Trixi said:

This! It was incredible. I rewatched it a couple of times. Marshall and Vicki’s expressions were priceless. I wished they wud have shown Neil’s as well. I lost a lot of respect for both of them no matter how it plays out.

AND did you see the other judges faces? I am sure they were wondering why there were even there.

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, JohnGalt said:

I had the same thought when I saw her at Oxnard, but I have been told she is not a member of show group. Always room for error though. We’ll see.

Lexie is a member of SG

• Love 2

Ok—I can’t take it anymore.... :-). Now you all have made me create an account.

I am sad about Tara—I did like her.

But I have always like Kashara—and I don’t think it’s true about them creating a narrative.  It seems like there is a lot more at play here—like being a team player, being a good example, being supportive.  I have seen all that from Kashara.  And there were a few personalities on the team that seemed to have started being a diva (cough Jenna, Holly)....  Of course I also love Jinelle and was happy that they had lots of coverage of her as well.

As far as VK—I wanted to like her but just don’t ....not that I hate her—there are just others to cheer for—-that scene last night was bad.....  But I have seen Kelli pull for other people that weren’t that talented as others...And I’ve seen Charlotte give Kelli looks—like “not that one” and they still make it into training camp.  So I think we all see what we want to see—but I have just watched all the episodes since season 1.  Which brings me to Meagan—-I didn’t mind her the first season but I thought she was really annoying by the 3rd time....like she thought she had it.  She really put the other cheerleaders in a bad spot by saying Kelli and Judy had no heart—what are they supposed to say—on TV?  It is their job....someone is going to be hurt.

But if they put VK through and cut Tara......

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Middlemom said:

Yes so shocked people are saying Tara had gained because the pictures show otherwise. She didn't ever seem like she had weight issues in the past. She also seemed sweet and genuine. It will be interesting to hear the DCC rationale for the cut. 

The main ones mentioned for weight this year have been Keyra, Selina, and more recently, Maddie. 

Maybe Tara is pregnant!

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, CheerGoddess said:

Shelly had the girls practicing the entrance on her Instagram story last night. Not sure if it’s still there or not since they only last for 24 hours. Not sure exactly what time she posted it. 

It’s still there. Just watched 

2 hours ago, HateWatcher said:

Question. I've only been watching since Season 11. Was there ever a season with no drama? I'm trying to gage how much the producers drum up for ratings.

Not like last year. I heard rumblings back in the day that a certain cheerleader dated a player. She was a rock star on the team but I don’t know details. Then there was Amy Reese’s dismissal but that was never discussed on the show.  Just here on the boards. And the blonde who was dismissed from the squad for partying during the swimwear shoot. That’s about it.

2 hours ago, Glamourdoll said:

I am curious. How many of you who read here on the reg would NOT watch the show because you learned everything in the spoiler thread first?

I never have because seeing it and reading about it are not the same. If anything I am more eager to see something if it sounds interesting.

I read the last two chapters of a book before starting it. I watch, or read about, the end of movies before I watch the beginning. Then, I can just chill. No staying up all night to read just “one more chapter.”

With this show, it’s like Christmas presents on Christmas Eve. “Can we open just one?” I’m still going to play with my new toy, but I’m a grown up.

It’s acceptable to eat a little ice cream before dinner ?

• Love 16
6 hours ago, California Girl said:

Wow!  The intrigue on this board is more compelling and interesting than the actual show this year. 

I sense from the hot snark flying around this thread like bacon grease off a frying pan, that various posters are insiders with their own agendas, and that each knows or suspects who the other one(s) is (or are).  If anyone wants to PM me the skinny, I am an old, long time poster and fan, who is extremely discreet, so I will not be spilling any tea publicly.

You’re the best!! This made me laugh out loud. 

1 hour ago, JohnGalt said:

Show group is Amy, Heather, Kashara, Kelli, Khalyn, Lacey, Madeline, Tasha, Tess, Hannah, Jalyn, Bridget, Amber, and Daphne. Hopefully I didn’t forget anyone. All of the vets from last year’s show group who returned did make it back.

Eta forgot Gina and Lauren. I’m getting too old.

Lord have mercy, thank you so much. I was beginning to think no one would share the dang info. Five rookies? I’m trying to remember how many they’ve had in years past, since that seems like a lot. Talented group this year tho! 

I can’t believe I missed so much today. Work was a pill so I had pie for dinner while catching up...thanks everyone!  ☕️?? Has to be a record for Pink highlighted comments for sure ?

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

Question. I've only been watching since Season 11. Was there ever a season with no drama? I'm trying to gage how much the producers drum up for ratings.

Oh and drat, I forgot her name. The brunette who was called in for weight, made fun of being called fat and ended up being dismissed from training camp for being “toxic in the locker room."

Last one: the pageant sisters who left training camp to fulfill their pageant duties.

Edited by PBSLover
2 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

Oh and drat, I forgot her name. The brunette who was called in for weight, made fun of being called fat and ended up being dismissed from training camp for being “toxic in the locker room."

Last one: the pageant sisters who left training camp to fulfill their pageant duties.

Chelsey 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, JohnGalt said:

Not that I know of.

She went to Oxnard with the show group. Don't they usually only take SG? Maybe she is an alternate? 

Actually I just read back and saw what you posted about Oxnard ...so I guess we will know soon enough :) 

Edited by Kayce
3 hours ago, DocBrown said:

Veering away from tonight’s drama a little (long time lurker from the UK, finally decided to join, hello!) did anyone see Molly’s twitter post? 

She posted about a post Cowboys win after they lost to SF ? 

The DCC account retweeted it as well ? went to screenshot it but unsurprisingly it’s vanished now! 

Good heavens...they lost to SF??  

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, MssdDrms said:

Good heavens...they lost to SF??  

Pre-season...usually starters are on the field for about five minutes before letting the rookies and backups show what they’ve got! 

• Love 5

Sorry to distract from the VK drama but my thoughts on some of the other people shown:

I really like Jalyn, purple hair issues aside. She is pretty and seems like a good dancer.

Gabby’s story was really sweet, I enjoyed the segment with her parents. I am glad she made it to training camp.

I am very interested in how the Finals discussions with go with the judges. Will any judge be brave enough to question VK after the way Charlotte and Kelli acted at Semis? 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, kalibean said:

Pre-season...usually starters are on the field for about five minutes before letting the rookies and backups show what they’ve got! 

Good to know..haha..I was about to get scared ? for the season! 

• Love 1

Totally off subject, but My heart breaks a little watching Jinelle say goodbye. She is honestly the only DCC that I feel was totally genuine and not self absorbed. She appears to be

kind hearted and such a sweet soul. I don't think they will ever replicate her!!! I would love to see her stay in a leadership role with the Cowboys. The only other DCC I have ever felt 

a bit similar to her is Jen K. I'm really going to miss Jinelle.

• Love 19
21 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

I read the last two chapters of a book before starting it. I watch, or read about, the end of movies before I watch the beginning. Then, I can just chill. No staying up all night to read just “one more chapter.”

With this show, it’s like Christmas presents on Christmas Eve. “Can we open just one?” I’m still going to play with my new toy, but I’m a grown up.

It’s acceptable to eat a little ice cream before dinner ?

Me too!! My daughter tells me I'm nuts lol

• Love 4

Does this mean we need to start a Speculation 2019 thread already?  Cause this will be one happening board next year before auditions.

I wonder if veterans, alumni teaching prep classes, etc tried to "teach" Victoria and it didn't go over very well.  Like Kitty - if Victoria wasn't ready, did she say something or was she looking at her thru rose colored glasses?

And I'm sorry - I'm originally from San Francisco, so GO 49ERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 6

Rewatching episode one. The girl that says something like they walk into the room and they are beautiful, handsome and confident. I want to be like them...sounds more like stuff they say about veterans. Makes me wonder if editing made it look like she was talking about the judges. 

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, JohnGalt said:

I hope you don’t begrudge me for reserving judgment until this is announced on the show. Out of the group I named 11 are vets. It’s my understanding that Lexie was taken as an alternate since 11 would have been an awkward number for formations and sidelines. It could be that I have been given incorrect information, but my source has been spot on about everything else so I’m hesitant to believe this. I only speak for myself though. If you have a source that told you differently, fair enough.

Do they still have alternates? Could be that Lexie is one, or maybe she couldn’t commit to SG for life reasons but said she’s happy to be on standby. Not completely out of the norm for a non show group vet to help in that way. 

35 minutes ago, JohnGalt said:

I hope you don’t begrudge me for reserving judgment until this is announced on the show. Out of the group I named 11 are vets. It’s my understanding that Lexie was taken as an alternate since 11 would have been an awkward number for formations and sidelines. It could be that I have been given incorrect information, but my source has been spot on about everything else so I’m hesitant to believe this. I only speak for myself though. If you have a source that told you differently, fair enough.

Ahh, I see. I guess I just assumed since she went to Oxnard. Thank you for providing this information for us non-Dallas inhabiters!! :)

• Love 1

The other night we speculated that the squad had been announced because Sam & Dayton posted how proud they were of VK and Jessika posted that she got flowers. Now that we have news that Tara was cut, could Jessika have been cut also? Or am i reading into this too much? 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, JayDKay said:

The other night we speculated that the squad had been announced because Sam & Dayton posted how proud they were of VK and Jessika posted that she got flowers. Now that we have news that Tara was cut, could Jessika have been cut also? Or am i reading into this too much? 

If you have Twitter the way to know if a vet has been cut go and see if their twitter account is up still 

• Love 3