Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

I believe that was a SG performance at draft day. I'm now 100% positive VK is on show group. I wonder hat the vet DCC think of her dancing?

Tara was fine to me. Most likely not a weight issue, good grief.@smplsimon was right all along. I always thought he/she would be. Tends to usually be on target.

i could barely stomach last night's episode. I do like Gabby and Taylor with dark hair. VK reminds me of every high school mean girl. Idk why. 

Im sad because last season was awful. I feel like what K is like is coming out because of CMT. Last year was tolerable, but I has no vested interest in any of these people. 

This year, I am done. The blatant favoritism is ridiculous. K and C have their beer goggles on. 

The sad thing is this has gone on for years, and just hidden well. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, DancingForLife said:

Well along w/ VK what about Erin?? Did you see her? What is the story there? Shocked that she made it out of Semi Finals??much less it looks like she made the Team...

what is going on here? Clearly not "the best" group auditioning this year!  I must have missed the part where they decided to lower their standards! Disappointed!!! I'm waiting to be wowed?

Maybe the kept Erin to make VK look better

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

As I reported months ago, a few judges questioned Victoria's qualifications and were very rudely shut down.  One was told off camera that Victoria was "not up for debate."  I did not watch last night as I refuse to support such blatant bullshit as the DCC has now become, but I'm glad to read here that they included at least one of the objections -- I'm sure they did so thinking it made Victoria look good, when in fact, it just revealed how much of the fix is in.  

I am over it, too. Especially when better dancers with better figures get cut to make room for her.

• Love 12

Last night's episode made me love Phil even more.  I also realized that Malena is from where I live (Sicklerville, NJ)!  I am also very surprised they took Erin with such a poor showing at auditions in regards to choreography.  I will never understand why they take girls into TC if they have shown they have not improved.  Instead, they let someone like the short haired blonde girl go home, not even making it into Finals (I forget her name).

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Hummingbird24 said:

I am over it, too. Especially when better dancers with better figures get cut to make room for her.

We don’t even know if she will make the final team tc isn’t over yet 

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

As I reported months ago, a few judges questioned Victoria's qualifications and were very rudely shut down.  One was told off camera that Victoria was "not up for debate."  I did not watch last night as I refuse to support such blatant bullshit as the DCC has now become, but I'm glad to read here that they included at least one of the objections -- I'm sure they did so thinking it made Victoria look good, when in fact, it just revealed how much of the fix is in.  

Yeah.  The looks on the other judges faces looked like they were afraid to say anything bad about VK.  Like when the judge commented negatively, they waited to see the reaction and then were like “okay, not saying a damn thing.”

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Yeah there is no hiding how poorly prepared Victoria is based on the first two episodes. I’m shocked Kelli would do this. It feels like a betrayal. You were 100% right. 

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but why did those three quit? Was Alexandria the married one with a child?

Alexandria left due to a family member with a serious illness. Milan left to go to school overseas. Kalyssa left for a modeling career or was cut. Season 9 TC Candidate Alexandra was cut during TC, and she had a baby a year after being cut.

I'm really disheartened by what I've seen of the show so far.  I don't think I will be purchasing this season, because I don't want to re-watch it.  to be honest, I'm not sure I'll even finish watching it.  I can get everything I need to know here.  Honestly, I don't mind Victoria..I think she will be a good DCC...but the BLATANT favoritism shown to her dancing abilities ...I'm like wtf??? I've lost some respect for Kelli...and never had any for CA.  Judy is my only hold out for hope...that she will have the cojones to say something about things that Victoria needs to work on (and she does have things to work on...very fixable things but still things that need correction). 

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

Last night's episode made me love Phil even more.  I also realized that Malena is from where I live (Sicklerville, NJ)!  I am also very surprised they took Erin with such a poor showing at auditions in regards to choreography.  I will never understand why they take girls into TC if they have shown they have not improved.  Instead, they let someone like the short haired blonde girl go home, not even making it into Finals (I forget her name).

Madi. I'm surprised she didn't even make finals. 

• Love 10
37 minutes ago, unicorns1989 said:

When I watched last night's episode they did there final performance why was Kelsey, Chantel, Elizabeth not in the pic when the retiring vets to the pic in the locker room.  Were they not there at all.

I thought they were just Erica’d out!  

3 minutes ago, Hummingbird24 said:

I'm here in the DFW area and I still feel it's a little early for the announcement. I know the game is Saturday, but idk, something feels off.

I think they will announce sometime next week 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Lolfordays said:

Every part of me hopes Sam is dumb enough to try out for this team so we can really see it on full display.

Not that I think Sam is dumb — I think she is quite aware she is not the DCC type. But watching K trying to say she was would be amazing theater.

To me she would have the DCC look with a nose job. Not trying to be mean. Just seems like a little tweak is needed. 

I agree that something has happened with VK, either the team was announced or she got cut. They wouldn't both be randomly posting about how proud they are of her. I doubt she got cut, after the display we saw last night,

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Jennv said:

I agree that something has happened with VK, either the team was announced or she got cut. They wouldn't both be randomly posting about how proud they are of her. I doubt she got cut, after the display we saw last night,

She prolly made show group. 

• Love 13
10 minutes ago, Hummingbird24 said:

Madi. I'm surprised she didn't even make finals. 

Same.  I think she needs a little more fluidity but she is such a hard worker.  I hope she works on that and comes back next year and kills it.  

• Love 9
2 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

Is there anyway to watch last nights episode?  I was able to watch the first episode on cmt.com.  But for the second episode it won't let me watch without signing into my TV provider.  Im in NJ and have Xfinity/Comcast and we do not have CMT =(  Last year I was able to watch every episode on CMT.com without signing in.  

I’m in Jersey too and have Xfinity/Comcast. I do have whatever package CMT comes with and can watch & record the show. I can’t watch any past episodes on CMT.com or the app because Xfinity/Comcast isn’t listed as a provider. That is just weird. Luckily a friend lets me use her Verizon password.

• Love 1

Did malena and jaylyn cheer together for the Jets? I thought they did and was expecting them to do a BFF Danielle and Jasmine story line but the haven't even showed them speaking to each other. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Same.  I think she needs a little more fluidity but she is such a hard worker.  I hope she works on that and comes back next year and kills it.  

Me too! After watching last night, Gabby and Taylor J ( I think) are two who seem really sweet and genuine. I am pulling for them now. I feel bad because in two episodes I've seen Victoria, Daphne, Erin, Madeleine, those two, and Malena. Maybe I haven't been watching closely enough, but I feel like there's a slew of TCC I don't even know!

• Love 2
Just now, Katherine1904 said:

Has the team been announced? Dayton said she’s so proud of Victoria on her Instagram and Shelly posted a video of the girls entering for Thunderstruck quoting ‘your Dallas cowboys cheerleaders’ ??

Read up a page or so. Hasn’t been announced, no one knows what they’re congratulating her for and supposedly there’s still more cuts. We’re all hoping it meant VK got released. 

• Love 9

Omg, what if Kelli told Sam* to come last night so she could comfort VK after being released?? Probably not the case but just thinking out loud.... 

Also, I’m thinking the team hasn’t been announced yet either. Just because if I’m remembering correctly, the last few years when the team was announced the girls were VERY quick to post it on social media platforms. Maybe even that same night?

Edited by Kethomp
Name slip up
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, KarenS284 said:

Dayton just posted on her Insta that she's "so freakin PROUD" of VK. And Jessika came home to flowers and sweet treats from her roommate (Chantel). Team announcement night?!?

Sam Finglass has a similar post up.

1 hour ago, rl27rl said:

Didn't they get rid of the fan vote right after that?

They did it for one more year. Jackie was the fan vote but not the judge’s pick for TC.  Then it went away which I found hypocritical.  The point of the fan vote was to get someone into TC that fans wanted there, someone maybe the judges did not select. And when that is what happened, TPTB shut it down.  

• Love 7

It's also possible that they are trying to minimize leaks this year and have forbidden the girls from posting on social media. I'm sure lots of stuff goes on behind the scenes that we don't know about. 

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

Last night's episode made me love Phil even more. 

Me too! He's a gem. I'm so glad he got more airtime this year. There are unique individuals who run the DCC organization, and there are unique individuals who open the doors and let everyone inside. Phil is charming.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, English Teacher said:

They did it for one more year. Jackie was the fan vote but not the judge’s pick for TC.  Then it went away which I found hypocritical.  The point of the fan vote was to get someone into TC that fans wanted there, someone maybe the judges did not select. And when that is what happened, TPTB shut it down.  

For me, the problem with the fan votes was the fact it came out as a way for a girl to get into TC by getting her family and friends to vote for them instead of an actual way of fans really getting a say so in who they want to make it to TC. Only one girl who won the fan vote (mostly based on family, friends, and other voting for her to make it to TC in the first place) actually made it on the squad. Vivian and Loren were the only girls who would have made it to TC without the fan vote. Jackie and Colby would not have made it to TC without their family and friends helping them out.

I think the fan vote got shut down because it soon became a matter of whomever had the most friends/family voting for them won. Not who the fans actually liked. Vivian and Loren were the first two and would have made it on merit alone. But Colby and Jackie did not. 

My theory is Colby had a lot of friends through her marketing contacts here and in the UK that “stuffed the ballot box” on her behalf. I’m amazed she even made it to finals, frankly. 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Jennv said:

It's also possible that they are trying to minimize leaks this year and have forbidden the girls from posting on social media. I'm sure lots of stuff goes on behind the scenes that we don't know about. 

Totally possible, but also proof they are idiots. Because come next Saturday they are on the field and it is spoiled anyway.

If they REALLY wanted to be spoiler free, they do this Big Brother style — some footage of the previous weeks, live elimination. But they won’t because it makes their insane questionable editing more difficult.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, JohnGalt said:

They cannot control the girls’ private social media, especially after releasing them. Kristin, for instance, openly posted on Instagram about her cut. If a girl chooses not to share that she was cut, that is purely by choice. I’m sure it is difficult to talk about, and they let the people in their lives know privately.

I was referring to girls who make the team, as they are employees and they absolutely can have rules regarding what they post. Obviously they can't tell someone who does not work for them what to post.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Jennv said:

I was referring to girls who make the team, as they are employees and they absolutely can have rules regarding what they post. Obviously they can't tell someone who does not work for them what to post.

I bet this is the case through CMT. you know they have to sign contracts to be featured on the show and most likely a stipulation of something along the lines of “you will not divulge any information to the public on the show’s outcome without prior approval by CMT/DCC”. Tons of reality shows do this with their participants to try and keep things under wraps prior to airing. Although this situation is a bit different because they obviously have to perform at games before the end airing date of MTT. 

• Love 1

If the team was announced last night, (as the proud messages to VK suggest), and Chargers Girl Bridget is currently posting from San Diego (as another poster above claims), does that mean that she is the last one cut?  

It is clear in reading these threads, and following the ladies' SM, that the DCC values demonstrated loyalty and the desire to be a DCC, and the women who prove those characteristics throughout the year.  TCCs Erin and Madeline both appear to have given up a year of their lives to attend every prep class, and work with any and every former DCC who offers classes, in preparation for this year.  They both appear to have built up a lot of good will, support, and references going into the audition process, and I expect that both will make the team even if they are not quite perfect.

The Victoria Kalina favoritism does not bother me as much as it clearly offends others.  The girl grew up immersed in the DCC system since she was a toddler, and she therefore desires, understands, and appreciates the job as much as any candidate possibly can (as does Dayton, which makes her cut so heartbreaking).  Whether it be a job at Goldman Sachs or as your local high school principal, some people earn it 100% on merit, and others earn it on some combination of merit and who you know.  VK falls into the latter category, yes, but that's life and I do not begrudge her having the connections and relationships to help her across the finish line.

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, Jennv said:

They definitely tell the girls when to post stuff aka game days and any events so I don't see why they wouldn't make them keep certain things private. Who knows