Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

Does anyone else miss the days when the show included moments like when Alyssa Sarisani said after her name was called (the first time she tried out and was cut from TC) that she almost vomited on her shoes? ???

• Love 4

Tara's twitter is not on a glitch.

The squad was not announced last night. 

The first game is not until the 18th, there is still time for more cuts.

Specific posts regarding specific individuals and whether they have been given a free ticket to the squad are wholly inaccurate and should not be believed.  

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

Does anyone else miss the days when the show included moments like when Alyssa Sarisani said after her name was called (the first time she tried out and was cut from TC) that she almost vomited on her shoes? ???

Or when Nina Moch said that when she tried to look sexy, she ended up just looking constipated????????

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, NotaDCCheerleader said:

Tara's twitter is not on a glitch.

The squad was not announced last night. 

The first game is not until the 18th, there is still time for more cuts.

Specific posts regarding specific individuals and whether they have been given a free ticket to the squad are wholly inaccurate and should not be believed.  

That last part was disproved when C&K shut down Scott Padgett last nite. How else do u explain it?

• Love 16

Guys ... is it me or did the last episode have someone who was wearing a white pair of glasses that looked like it was some sort of superman (or cartoon character) costume and who was it? I also love love LOVED the dirty looks that Charlotte and Kelli gave the guy for giving his opinion<end sarcasm on that latter> Does anyone have his personal mobile number? I want to contact him to say "THANK YOU for telling it as it was" (plus I want to ask if I could "go out with him" so I can "pick on his opinions on everything esp DCC wise" - damn that sounds wrong in writing I think I better go get some sleep this pretty weather makes me sleepy esp on a Friday) I mean if VK was heavy in the middle and Tara gets cut for being heavy somewhere that isnt her body aka tummy (<coughs> OI VK sort your tummy weight out!!!). I also "love" the office politics with VK and there was "none" for Dayton ...

Without being rude but does anyone feel like this season's training camp is "too cautious" after last seasons training camp drama(s)

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Hummingbird24 said:

I'm here in the DFW area and I still feel it's a little early for the announcement. I know the game is Saturday, but idk, something feels off.

I live in the area as well.  I heard from a parent who's daughter was invited to Meet the Team night but can't go, thought it was scheduled for the 14th or possibly the 16th but couldn't remember.   I agree, something is off. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Rubyslippahz said:

At least from VKs social media it look like Marshall does something to her hair during makeovers.  She referred to her hair as "Mufasa" (sp?) which I think is from the Lion King which is actually kind of funny.  In last nights ep when they showed her shaking out her hair it just looked ridiculous and like there were oodles of extensions. 

So Maybe in future episodes then, some light criticism of VK will be allowed.   But there's been nothing in the first two eps, Kelli and Charlotte have gushed over her like geysers.  They haven't showed Judy fawning which makes me think Judy is the smartest of them all.  

Well, remember during Season 5 when several vets got pulled into the office for their weight?  Judy flat out said she didn't think Meredith should have been allowed to come back for her 4th season.  Now that's the daughter of her friend, someone she cheered with, and a good friend of Cassie's.  Judy seems to be a lot more "she's got low kicks", "she can't turn", "she needs to tone up", "bring in the next girl."  And Kelli is like, well...……..as she perches on the fence.

• Love 9

I must be in the minority because I like Jewel's glasses. I thought they were cute and different.

3 minutes ago, DCCManFan said:

I live in the area as well.  I heard from a parent who's daughter was invited to Meet the Team night but can't go, thought it was scheduled for the 14th or possibly the 16th but couldn't remember.   I agree, something is off. 

I thought they have the Meet and Greet Team Event before the first home football pre-season game which will be on Saturday August 18th.

12 minutes ago, Trixi said:

That last part was disproved when C&K shut down Scott Padgett last nite. How else do u explain it?

As per board rules, I believe, I do not have to explain how I know anything. Please,feel free to believe what you wish to believe but know there is a thing called “editing” in TV land. 

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, NotaDCCheerleader said:

As per board rules, I believe, I do not have to explain how I know anything. Please,feel free to believe what you wish to believe but know there is a thing called “editing” in TV land. 

I meant that comment rhetorically and ‘editing’ doesn’t actuall put words in ur mouth. Scott said what he said and C&K said what they said back to him. 

Edited by Trixi
  • Love 4

Even tho I’m irritated by the VK in ur face story line I’m still excited to see TC. I know some of these girls have to b excellent dancers so can’t wait to see jaylyn, Hannah, the 2 Taylors, Gabbie, malena, Kristen, Lindsey dance. That’s the part of the show I like, the dancing. I know some of them r cut already but want to see what they brought. 

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, NotaDCCheerleader said:

Girl, just wait for it. Season 13, Second to last episode. 

In my dreams that’s the ep they tell VK to come back next year?

• Love 24
3 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I have watched this show since the 2 hour special, so that is what now - 14 auditions I've seen, not to mention the ones I've seen on YouTube from earlier years.  I have also read many posts, blogs, articles, etc on the audition process and the expectations, standards, etc of making the team and staying on it.  This from Kelli who has run this for all these years.  You can't put all of this out there for so long presented a certain way, change the rules and not expect people to not notice.  So, yeah I feel that I can recognize when something is against the norm.  I feel that I'm watching something different happening.  Maybe it is the truth.  Maybe it is for the drama and a way to keep ratings up.  But like I've said before in this thread, the drama takes away from the other girls who deserve to be seen.  And if this stuff is true, it takes away from the girls who deserved to make this squad fair and square.

This, exactly!

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I have watched this show since the 2 hour special, so that is what now - 14 auditions I've seen, not to mention the ones I've seen on YouTube from earlier years.  I have also read many posts, blogs, articles, etc on the audition process and the expectations, standards, etc of making the team and staying on it.  This from Kelli who has run this for all these years.  You can't put all of this out there for so long presented a certain way, change the rules and not expect people to not notice.  So, yeah I feel that I can recognize when something is against the norm.  I feel that I'm watching something different happening.  Maybe it is the truth.  Maybe it is for the drama and a way to keep ratings up.  But like I've said before in this thread, the drama takes away from the other girls who deserve to be seen.  And if this stuff is true, it takes away from the girls who deserved to make this squad fair and square.

Amen.  My thoughts exactly.  It's hard when you're a superfan of something only to learn that the thing you've invested so much time in is so corrupt.

• Love 21
2 minutes ago, NotaDCCheerleader said:

How would everyone feel if hypothetically, and in due time, the organization is proven to be not as “corrupt” as some claim? 

#watchtheshow

#haveanicedayall

If this is hinting what I think this is hinting, I am excited for this season. Not everything is what it seems!!

or as they say on Big Brother, expect the unexpected!

Edited by Stee
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, MelTexGirl said:

If Tara was cut for weight and they all went to IHOP to eat carbs makes me think there was some shade that was being thrown. 

I hope it was honestly... if they cut a petite vet for “weight” while keeping a rookie is huge for dcc standards (i don’t just mean overweight -for dcc standards- but she’s tall and clunky like Caila after being cut), i would be furious. I get that they want VK on the team, but cutting a much better vet at the same time? Yes they’re just asking for backlash.

12 hours ago, Gham said:

I do feel bad for Victoria. I hope she doesn’t read this forum. Although, I am not a fan of her style of dance, I do think she has really put in the time and effort to become a dcc. I truly believe she is passionate and full of excitement. I wish the best for her even though I do not think she is the best out there. 

Yeah, and so were hundreds of girls over the years. Are we supposed to feel bad for them too? I do actually because gIrls far better than VK had been cut, while Kelli is trying to convince us that VK is the best thing that has ever happened to this team.

• Love 10

I am back from Lurkingland. Thank you all for posting and keeping these forums so interesting. Clearly from the new folk coming in here to post different POVs recently, more people are reading than you see.

This year I am watching the show for the first time with my 14 year old daughter. (She's not a cheerleader type. She's like the Hallmark Lady, Maxine, but packed into a 14 year old's body). I have been watching since the 2 hour special. It's interesting for me to gauge her experience vs mine. It's weird how the get to know you segments interested me way back when, but we both found them boring this time around. Maybe they went on too long? 

I feel bad for VK. Maybe I shouldn't, but I would crumble under the scrutiny she is getting and I am *cough* years older than her. I don't particularly care for her as a DCC, but I do admire all the girls because they are doing something I never had the motivation or talent to do.

• Love 7

VK getting propped up based on favoritism doesn’t affect my enjoyment of the show. There’s a reason for the saying “it’s not what you know, but who you know.” VK isn’t the first person who has been helped by her connections. With the DCCs specifically, I’ve long thought that some of their decisions were arbitrary, inconsistent, or based on factors other than merit. Furthermore, I’ve commented numerous times about Kelli playing favorites, so that’s not new for me. 

I’m just surprised by how terrible they are at hiding it. After all of these years, do they really think that if they just tell us that someone is fabulous, that we will automatically believe it? VK is clearly not in ideal shape, and she hasn’t done anything to make the audience go “wow, she’s good.” They would’ve been better off had they just not focused on VK a ton, but the focus that they have put on her has only made it clear (thus far IMO) that her skill doesn’t back up the lofty words that Kelli and Charlotte are throwing around.

I’m certainly willing to keep an open mind on her though.

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, NotaDCCheerleader said:

How would everyone feel if hypothetically, and in due time, the organization is proven to be not as “corrupt” as some claim? 

#watchtheshow

#haveanicedayall

I’m not saying it’s ‘corrupt’. What I’m saying is when stuff comes out of C&Ks mouths like what they said last nite about VK, u have to wonder. All of us saw her noodly, soft body along with Scott. Who were C&K watching? It’s not ‘corrupt’ to favor someone, it’s just stupid to think people  don’t realize when they r being manipulated. 

• Love 17
10 hours ago, DBAAT said:

Maddie actually looks pretty soft in that picture and in other pictures I've seen. 

Yes so shocked people are saying Tara had gained because the pictures show otherwise. She didn't ever seem like she had weight issues in the past. She also seemed sweet and genuine. It will be interesting to hear the DCC rationale for the cut. 

The main ones mentioned for weight this year have been Keyra, Selina, and more recently, Maddie. 

• Love 7

I just want to say that I think it’s sad what’s happening to VK on the show. It cud have been a great storyline like they thought it wud b. She’s tall, blonde, a legacy and a highly trained lyrical dancer. The story shud have been taking her into camp to give her power and pop and have people rooting for her. But instead, for some unknown reason, they decided to treat her like Gods gift to DCC, which is what turned people off. Last night C&K cud have at least agreed on some of the points Scott was making. He’s a judge and has been there and knows what people like to see. VK is being raked over the coals here but the blame for that lays solely with Charlotte, Kelli and CMT. 

• Love 21
1 minute ago, Middlemom said:

Yes so shocked people are saying Tara had gained because the pictures show otherwise. She didn't ever seem like she had weight issues in the past. She also seemed sweet and genuine. It will be interesting to hear the DCC rationale for the cut. 

The main ones mentioned for weight this year have been Keyra, Selina, and more recently, Maddie. 

It is so hard to tell who has really gained weight.  KaShara can look heavy in some pics, and then those that have seen her in person, like @Teresa say she is in shape.  I think that that for some of them, when they are turned a certain way and who knows, maybe they are exhaling, the stomach looks like it is protruding a bit - like Maddie in the Oxnard beach photos.  Gisele, yes the model, had one of those this summer posing with her hubby.  I say it has to be the pose and the angle.  But then I'm the one wanting Chik Fil A and pancakes this past week, so you can tell I really don't care:)

• Love 7

Quick question for the insiders. I’ve been under the impression that Kalyssa left to pursue modeling (and yeah, it’s probably not the best kind) but that this was her own choice. Now I’m hearing she was actually released from the squad, not that she left on her own terms. Anyone know for sure? 

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, NotaDCCheerleader said:

Girl, just wait for it. Season 13, Second to last episode. 

Are they done filming & editing the footage for that episode already?  I see you are brand new here...welcome to the board, notacheerleader! 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

Quick question for the insiders. I’ve been under the impression that Kalyssa left to pursue modeling (and yeah, it’s probably not the best kind) but that this was her own choice. Now I’m hearing she was actually released from the squad, not that she left on her own terms. Anyone know for sure? 

I’m NOT an insider, but from reading here, the most reliable posters seem to say that she completed football season then started to pull out of appearances. There was a period of time that she was still tweeting as a DCC, but was missing a lot of stuff. I don’t know that I’ve seen that she was fired, or if they are letting her say she quit, but it was kind of a job abandonment thing until DCC cut her Twitter account. She was removed from the roster and didn’t get her DCC pinky ring. 

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

Yes. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Trixi said:

I just want to say that I think it’s sad what’s happening to VK on the show. It cud have been a great storyline like they thought it wud b. She’s tall, blonde, a legacy and a highly trained lyrical dancer. The story shud have been taking her into camp to give her power and pop and have people rooting for her. But instead, for some unknown reason, they decided to treat her like Gods gift to DCC, which is what turned people off. Last night C&K cud have at least agreed on some of the points Scott was making. He’s a judge and has been there and knows what people like to see. VK is being raked over the coals here but the blame for that lays solely with Charlotte, Kelli and CMT. 

I agree. Some things I have seen posted are really not in VK's control. I am not saying she is or isn't complicit because she goes a long with it.  But, there is no altering her situation as far as who her mother is and her connection to the team. Most of the stuff I have read so far that is factual (things actually seen on the show) really is, as other's mentioned to the discredit of other people and VK is just the product of their actions. You could say she should be more self aware about not being DCC ready yet, but if she's being propped up or even pushed by Mom it's hard to keep your head on straight at that age in that situation.

Of course I always gives young girls the benefit of the doubt because I was a total clueless dumbass in my 20's.

• Love 4

I went back and watched some of Tara from last season & she does look the part of a DCC but from what I saw, her dancing skills were little weak back then.

Looking at the episode last night where VK was in the middle of the pack practicing the kicks, from just a few secs of that, the kicks looked good. 

I don’t really see any superstars in this years group yet. 

On 8/6/2018 at 8:27 PM, GBPackersfan said:

Oh, it is. I'm nearly 50 and I eat really healthy and work out. Due to an injury, I had to quit my workouts for a month, of course that's the month with 4 birthdays, a work party, Memorial Day cookout, etc. I gained 25 lbs in 4 weeks. I've since lost most of it, but it's shocking how quick it goes back on. Especially when you are older (like me) or younger, like Victoria, when your body is still trying to figure itself out. 

Also 15 lbs looks different on people. For some 5 lbs isn't noticable.  VK is tall so while idk how much she gained but 15 lbs I plausible.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Glamourdoll said:

I agree. Some things I have seen posted are really not in VK's control. I am not saying she is or isn't complicit because she goes a long with it.  But, there is no altering her situation as far as who her mother is and her connection to the team. Most of the stuff I have read so far that is factual (things actually seen on the show) really is, as other's mentioned to the discredit of other people and VK is just the product of their actions. You could say she should be more self aware about not being DCC ready yet, but if she's being propped up or even pushed by Mom it's hard to keep your head on straight at that age in that situation.

Of course I always gives young girls the benefit of the doubt because I was a total clueless dumbass in my 20's.

I generally agree, and who knows what is going to be shown but you might feel differently after watching the season.  Just sayin'

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I hope it was honestly... if they cut a petite vet for “weight” while keeping a rookie is huge for dcc standards (i don’t just mean overweight -for dcc standards- but she’s tall and clunky like Caila after being cut), i would be furious. I get that they want VK on the team, but cutting a much better vet at the same time? Yes they’re just asking for backlash.

Yeah, and so were hundreds of girls over the years. Are we supposed to feel bad for them too? I do actually because gIrls far better than VK had been cut, while Kelli is trying to convince us that VK is the best thing that has ever happened to this team.

I’m not saying we should feel bad for every single girl. But I do feel bad for her because of all the backlash that she’s getting. That would be hard for anyone to see. Other girls with talent that have been cut, haven’t had the same commentary that VK is getting. Also, an outsider perspective, it doesn’t seem to me that Kelli is making VK seem like the best thing that happened. I think this group is hyping it up with all the negativity and making it bigger than it even appears so far on the show. 

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

I generally agree, and who knows what is going to be shown but you might feel differently after watching the season.  Just sayin'

You may be right :)

There's a lot of road to cover still!

12 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

Are they done filming & editing the footage for that episode already?  I see you are brand new here...welcome to the board, notacheerleader! 

Bottom line, if VK was cut in that episode, the question still remains why was she allowed to get that far.  Again bodes to favoritism .  

• Love 7