Type keyword(s) to search

S36.E12: A Giant Game of Bumper Cars

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I remember posting that as Cirie's son ran to her, tears ran freely from his eyes and hit his t-shirt.  He wasn't like a young kid either - more like a young man.  Ughhhhh it was touching.

I'd bawl like a baby, too, if Cirie was my mom and I had to be away from her for more than a few days.  But she's my fantasy BFF who I'd like to have lunch with on a regular basis, maybe including Penner occasionally.  Those are the only two reality TV people I'd want to hang out with.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, ElleryAnne said:

Wendell must have nerves of steel, not to play his idol tonight.  

Several times this season, he has shown a great read on who to trust and what is going to happen at TC. Guy just has it.

Even if Donathan and Laurel told him their plan, as we all assume, he has amazingly awesome skills to just know they're telling him the truth, and not bluffing him to blindside him. Because whatever they told him before TC would be the exact same thing they'd say to him if they switched sides. But he just knows what's in their minds. He knows whether they're telling him the truth, or setting him up. Guy is good.

• Love 10

Dom's wife looked like she had come to take him home, never mind the potential for a big payday. She seemed so insecure, needy, and sad -- clearly not coping well in his absence. Wanted to take her by the shoulders and scream, "For Godsakes lady, he's trying to win you a million bucks. Suck it up!"

Sebastian and his sister look like they both time travelled direct from Woodstock. He is sort of floating unnoticed through the game, either a strategy or dumb luck which has taken him pretty far. 

Kellyn can go anytime.  Can't wait to see her bitchface as Probst extinguishes her torch and sends her packing. With Chelsea gone and the numbers against her, one can certainly hope. 

• Love 10

As usual, you'll never go broke betting on the boringest outcome in Survivor.  Sure, you'll lose a few, but that's how odds work -- it's certainly in your favor over the long run.

I don't mind the tears at all, but the new style of Jeff's questioning, "What does this meeeeaaaannn, loved one I call overly familiarly by their first name?" to every. single. person is driving me up the wall.  I find myself getting out a pencil and paper and doodling because it's so boring, like I'm at a meeting at work.  If there is one challenge I would certainly throw on Survivor, it's this one, but it's perfect for someone like Sebastian to win, since it doesn't matter what he does one way or another -- his game is hopeless and he can neither help nor hinder it.  Wow, Angela and her daughter are beautiful.

Kellyn's still putting in all the work to be as obnoxious as possible, but as someone with no power and not much more chance than Sebastian at winning the game her efforts come to naught; she's only somewhat annoying, and mostly irrelevantly meh.  Laurel is your classic China Denise, she will never make a move (even though she's in a much better position than Denise since she has Donathan with her).  Yes, absoutely true that she'd have a harder road getting to the end with the Naviti girls.  Who cares?  She would have a chance to win!  Some chance is better than no chance, and with Dom and Wendell she has no chance.  It doesn't matter if you get to the end unless you can win when you get there!  I'd rather hang out in Ponderosa than get to FTC for no reason at all.

5 hours ago, mojoween said:

Malcolm!  *hearteyes*

My thoughts exactly!

5 hours ago, LanceM said:

So are Donathon and Laurel actively trying to lose the game?  I seriously do not understand why they would not go with the plan to vote out Wendell. They both know the two of them are threats. I am sad to see Chelsea go.  Yeah she was not featured much confessional wise but she was playing the game hard no doubt about that. 

My only thought is Donathan was trying to flush the idol.  However, there is a much better way to do that: vote for Wendell.  He plays his idol: fine, now Chelsea is out.  He doesn't play his idol: fine, now he's out.  Win win.  Dominick and Sebastian have nowhere to go.  They will work with you next time, they have no choice.  Laurel and Donathan, as a pair, can flip however they want next time.  Sure Dom has his idol, but it would be five to two, they could split the vote. 

5 hours ago, Haleth said:

Did you all hear Jeff get choked up when he was talking about Angela's sacrifice?  I don't remember him ever being emotional like that. 

Jeff has a soft spot for Our Troops and has ever since Rudy in season 1.  (After all he just threw the game to one last season.)  Probably Angela's daughter's unusual frankness helped too.

I liked Chelsea's goodbye to Wendell, "Good battle, sir."  She's cool.  If there's a Fan Favorite Sierra Dawn Thomas memorial spot in the next returnee season, she would make a solid pick, better than Sierra herself I'd say.

• Love 11

The best thing about this episode was Sebastian's expression when showing his vote.

Also, it may have been partly because I was on the phone with a friend and only half paying attention, but I swear I looked at all 8 people sitting at tribal more than once and thought, "wait, where is Sebastian did he get voted out mid-episode and I missed it?" before finally realizing he was sitting next to Wendell the whole time. It's like my brain almost convinced my eyes that he really is completely nonexistent. 

• Love 12

The merciless death march of Wendell and Dom continues. Laurel almost impressed me but once again, push came to shove and she balked. She's waiting for the perfect opportunity that will never come as now there's no way that Wendell and Dom don't use their HIs next tribal council. I feel for Donathan who seems ready to go but constantly hamstrung by the fact that he needs Laurel's vote and she. will. not. make. a. move. 

Did Chelsea ever get a confessional? 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Charlesman said:

Several times this season, he has shown a great read on who to trust and what is going to happen at TC. Guy just has it.

I’d love Wendell and Dom in the finale. It would be an epic final tribal council, IMO, trying to decide between the two of them. Since this season has been pretty boring, for me, it would save it from going into the trash in a blazing fire.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Mystery said:

He would have had to have chosen her for the reward, though. If none of the rewardees went, then the four left out would have decided 

I missed that. Thought loopy Sebastian would have stayed in charge of it. That explains why Wendell jumped on, never missing an advantage opportunity.

54 minutes ago, knitorpurl said:
5 hours ago, Mystery said:

He would have had to have chosen her for the reward, though. If none of the rewardees went, then the four left out would have decided 

I missed that. Thought loopy Sebastian would have stayed in charge of it. That explains why Wendell jumped on, never missing an advantage opportunity.

I thought Jeff did say that Sebastian would choose which woman to send unless someone wanted to give up their reward to go. 

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, KimberStormer said:

My only thought is Donathan was trying to flush the idol.

I also thought that though he did it in such a heavy handed even smarmy way like he was trying to piss off everyone.  I've never really taken to him or Laurel (did she tell them about Wendel's idol?  Sebastian was surely a safe target?).

I skipped over 'talkin lurvvv'.

Edited by amazingracefan
  • Love 1

Shallow observation:  The more weight Dom loses, the cuter he gets.

Another week of being subjected to Kellyn.  Please make it stop.

It was pretty funny that she was so angry at the boys for not choosing any of the ladies for Reward.  Ummm...wasn't it all up to Sea Bass?  Be angry with him, not everyone with a swinging dick. 

• Love 15
5 hours ago, Oscirus said:

In defense of the women, they were mad that Wendell wasted a family spot to grab an advantage. Not saying I disagree with his move ( keep the advantage out of potential targets hands) but still.

Kellyn, Kellyn, Kellyn: This is what happens when you don't make connections outside your alliance. I don't disagree with your move, but  you didn't have anything to offer.

Sebastian: Stay high dude

The problem with Ghost Island last night is it becomes a sort of circular issue; Wendell wasted a family visit to get the advantage BUT at the time he was picked he didn't know he'd be offered the advantage so he couldn't tell Sebastian to pick someone else and when he did take the advantage nobody else could take his place with their family member.  So Kellyn wasn't going to get family time no matter what.  She could have been pissed she didn't get the chance to get the advantage but I don't see why she should be mad that Wendell gave up family time just because she didn't get family time - that's on him if he wants to shorten time with his Dad now to possibly win later.  But either way her idea that he wasted a spot that could have gone to one of the girls is wrong because with the twist coming after the reward pick the family visit spot would never have gone to the girls.  

Kellyn is all "I deserve" without the "I earned" portion

I don't think Sebastian talked at all at tribal, every time I looked he was just sort of staring.  But at the challenge he was completely with it and talking about his family.  Assuming he doesn't have access to a stash of something he found in the jungle I'd say at minimum the guy has expert level power to zone out of any situation.

What I'm waiting for is the inevitable implosion of the Dom/Wendell alliance.  Despite what they say there is no way either of these guys is taking the other to final, they're pretty much equal in game play, challenges and plotting and I don't see either of them being so unaware that they don't realize what a vote split that could cause.  Eventually one is going to have to blindside the other, or at least they should.  Best bet at final three is Dom or Wendell sitting with Laurel and Donathan.  Someone up thread said Donathan couldn't win but he might be the dark horse building a behind the scenes resume to breakout at the end and say he orchestrated this or manipulated that.  I'd like to know what he did at camp when the guys got back, who knew what about that vote.  Wendell read Laurel right to know something was going on but still didn't play his idol, was that all due to what Donathan said at tribal or was there more going on that Donathan had a hand in?

• Love 9
10 hours ago, LanceM said:

So are Donathon and Laurel actively trying to lose the game?  I seriously do not understand why they would not go with the plan to vote out Wendell. They both know the two of them are threats. I am sad to see Chelsea go.  Yeah she was not featured much confessional wise but she was playing the game hard no doubt about that. 

Why would Donathon and Laurel flip and vote out Wendell. Kellyn, Chelsea and Sea Bass have been Naviti Strong all game long. Angela was approached to flip the script and work with Malolo and she chose the stick with Naviti. So why would Donathon and Laurel believe that they could go further with a fourseome that has been playing a game solely based on voting out Malolo? Laurel and Donathon would move from an alliance where they are guaranteed the final four for an alliance where they make the final six. That would be amazingly stupid game play.

Donathon does not have a chance in hell of winning the game. He is seen as someone who needed protection and then stabbed people in the back. And that was before players got to watch the season. Chris's comments about Donathon in his Ponderosa pretty much sealed Donathon's fate. No one who has been voted out has had much positive to say about Donathon's game play. I don't think it has been that bad, I think he was at the bottom of Malolo and forged a strong bond with Dom. Donathon provided useful info to Dom which has helped the Mixed Alliance advance intact. The bigger problem for Donathon is that he is seen as emotionally vulnerable and so he is not allowed to back stab people because it is seen as too personal.

Laurel was in the same boat as Donathon but has a different place in the game because she is seen as a player and not someone that needed protection from the game. So Laurel has a shot of winning this by pointing to the fact that she was at the bottom of Malolo and did a good job of building a solid alliance with Wendell and Dom and navigating through the Naviti strong BS. She also has a number of Malolo tribe mates on the jury who might be inclined to vote for someone from their tribe who survived the Naviti Strong BS. Laurel found a crack that they did not and played it well.

10 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Well, that was a disappointing episode.  And this coming from someone who likes Dom and Wendell, but this season is sure going to get even more boring.  Donathan sure is cocky for someone that has no chance of winning.  I wonder if he knows that yet.  I wasn’t sure if he was giving Wendell a signal or that was a Keith Nale “stick to the plan” blunder.  Maybe he’s just trying to audition for a return appearance.  I’m starting to see why ousted castaways aren’t fond of him.  I really liked Chelsea, and I wish she got more screentime, especially for being such a challenge beast.  Damn you editors for toying with me about Kellyn again.  I thought for sure she was getting blindsided.

Holy shit, they’ve really given up on Ghost Island, haven’t they?  Just putting advantages in plain sight now?  I didn’t even think the concept sucked as much as I thought it would.  They should re-name this season “We should have voted out Dom and Wendell when we had the chance.” 

That black part of my heart hates the family visit (though I was dying to see Sebastian’s loved one).  I liked during Cook Islands when the loved one was the one who picked who went on reward with them, not the contestant.  I don’t think Angela looks old enough to have a daughter that old. 

Yeah Kellyn, Dom and Wendell were so worried they left you 4 girls back at camp-the 3 of you plus Laurel.  Little did you know.  If I liked Kellyn any, I would have agreed with her point about the family visit.  Since I don’t like her, that same black part of my heart just smiled at her misery.  Glad Laurel at least recognizes she can’t beat the guys.    

Chelsea was invisible this season, wasn't she? It sucks because it really does sound like she was playing and working at all aspects of the game.

Ghost Island could have been fun but they played it wrong. All of the immunity idols should have been on Ghost Island. They should have left clues and let the people who were sent go hunting for the idols and the advantages. Instead they dropped the idols at the beaches and wasted half of the visits to Ghost Island. It was poorly played.

• Love 16
4 hours ago, loki567 said:

I believe only in this episode, which is why I knew she was going to be voted out.

34 minutes ago, sigmaforce86 said:

What I'm waiting for is the inevitable implosion of the Dom/Wendell alliance.  Despite what they say there is no way either of these guys is taking the other to final, they're pretty much equal in game play, challenges and plotting and I don't see either of them being so unaware that they don't realize what a vote split that could cause.  Eventually one is going to have to blindside the other, or at least they should.  Best bet at final three is Dom or Wendell sitting with Laurel and Donathan.  Someone up thread said Donathan couldn't win but he might be the dark horse building a behind the scenes resume to breakout at the end and say he orchestrated this or manipulated that. 

Usually I hate the dominant male alliance and can't wait for one or the other to be blindsided, but Dom and Wendell don't have as heavy a hand in maintaining their alliances from what we've seen.  I'd really like to see both of them at FTC, letting the chips fall as they may.  Seeing Donathan win would be disappointing.  

I agree that Laurel and Donathan thought they were better off sticking with the guys and going further.  The girls would have used them then disposed them in a heartbeat.

• Love 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, Josette said:

I thought Jeff did say that Sebastian would choose which woman to send unless someone wanted to give up their reward to go. 

I thought he said the women would choose and if they couldn’t agree they’d draw rocks.   

Wendell had no way of knowing if Jeff would allow Sebastian to give a woman the family visit in his place.   He didn’t waste anything.  Kellyn is entitled and obnoxious.  

I didn’t watch that closely but I don’t understand the theory that Don was trying to flush Wendell’s idol, yet also not switching sides.   He can’t play against both sides.  

Edited by Guest

Every once in a while, a loved one visit sneaks in there and dislodges an icicle from my cold, black heart, so when Donathan asked Aunt Patty about his Mom and Mamaw, I had one brief, ugly sob unexpectedly burst forth from me lol.  Being from Donathan's area and having lost my own Mamaw recently, his situation just really gets to me.

That being said, WTF was he doing at tribal?? I don't care what the plan or strategy was behind that (if there was any), it was agonizing to sit there and listen to him likely detonating a bomb on his own game.  I wouldn't care what Jeff asked me, I'd just answer yes or no.  No expounding.

• Love 15
16 minutes ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

I didn’t watch that closely but I don’t understand the theory that Don was trying to flush Wendell’s idol, yet also not switching sides.   He can’t play against both sides.  

I can understand it - he'd be playing for the present and also for the future. In the present - for that tribal - his best move is to stay with Wendell and Domineck and vote out a Naviti Strong. If he had voted for Wendell, Domineck could just ally with Naviti Strong for next tribal and vote out Donathan as a Malolo. However, saying enough to flush out Wendell's idol, while still being loyal to the Mixed Alliance, strengthens his position for a future tribal in which he'd want to vote Wendell out since Wendell would no longer have an idol.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Yeah, but asking someone how his/her name is spelled is tantamount to saying I'm going to vote you out.  Sounds like a taboo subject to me.

Don't they have a banner at camp where they've all painted their names?  I'm pretty sure the camera flashed on it at least once this episode.  If you're planning to vote someone out, couldn't you just glance up at the banner and confirm the spelling?

• Love 6
(edited)
12 hours ago, Haleth said:

As soon as Donathan starting talking at TC I knew he was pretending to be with the girls. No surprise there at all. But... once again it was a great opportunity to get rid of instigator Kellyn and they blew it!

Plus Chelsea finally got to say something on camera. Sure sign she was a goner.

At first I thought he was being honest, but was also an idiot as he was telegraphing to Wendell that he should play an idol if he had one.  I thought Wendell was an idiot for not playing his idol.  In hindsight, it was obvious that Wendell must have been in on Donathan's ruse, as he had said in the TH that he'd play his idol if anyone even looked at him funny at TC.  

The editing was rather deceptive in that it seemed to give no indication that either Donathan or Laurel were even considering sticking with Dom and Wendell.  This went farther than editing for suspense usually goes.  Normally, they would at least show one or both of them waffling at least a bit in their THs or conversations.   

While it ended up not doing him any good, I have a lot of respect for giving up that "precious" (eyeroll) afternoon of LOVE with his father.  C'mon people, you will see your family all you want in 10 days.    I bet half of the castaways don't see their beloved family members more or much more than every 40 days, in the year after they return from the game.  

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, ElleryAnne said:

Wendell must have nerves of steel, not to play his idol tonight.  

I think he had to have been in on Donathan's plan to vocally pretend to be with the ladies.   If not, he was an idiot and lucked out.   

• Love 2
12 hours ago, LanceM said:

I don't see what is so wrong with sticking with Dom and Wendell  (and Sebastian, I guess), making it to the Final 5 and then voting them out, or trying to beat them in challenges or fire building.   Wouldn't they be at the bottom of Kellyn's alliance if they went with her?

Also, I think eventually, Dom and Wendell will turn on one another.  Neither of them wants to go to FTC with the other.   The only downside to that from Laurel and Donathan's perspective would be that they both might have trouble beating either Dom or Wendell at FTC.   But, I think their best path to FTC is sticking with Dom and Wendell, at this point.  

• Love 9
12 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Laurel may realize she's in a no win situation at this point.  Go with the Naviti girls and be on the bottom of numbers once the men are picked off.  Go with them tonight knowing Donathan won't flip and risk a tie, and then have Dom/Wendell after her next week.  Or stick with Dom/Wendell who've protected her since they made an alliance, even though she knows she can't beat them.  If she manages to make the final 3, I'll be curious how she'll spin being something other than a number in an alliance who did what Dom/Wendell said.

Unlike Donathan, I don't know if she's happy about her situation.  But then again, Donathan may actually believe he can win or take out Dom/Wendell later.

Laurel could conceivably go to FTC with Donathan and SeaBass, so I wouldn't call it a no win.   Flipping would have just pissed off Dom and Wendell and might have lost their votes, in the event they are on her jury.  I think they would respect her more and be less bitter, if she got them out at 5 and 4, rather than now.  

I think she would be  something of a darkhorse, no matter which way she went, but I think sticking with Dom and Wendell, for now, gave her at least as good a chance of winning as going with Kellyn would have.  

12 hours ago, vb68 said:

I wonder how pissed players like Chelsa get when their name is misspelled. I mean at this point after being trapped with these people for what 30 odd days? Such salt in the wound as you head off.

You could look at the opposite way.  If you don't know how to spell my name, it could be because you haven't been writing it down.  

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Oscirus said:

In defense of the women, they were mad that Wendell wasted a family spot to grab an advantage. Not saying I disagree with his move ( keep the advantage out of potential targets hands) but still.

I just didn't see the point at all in being mad at him. It's not like he knew he'd have that chance when he got picked by Sebastian. If he'd known and then still said pick me, then fine, but he didn't. Also, it's not like Jeff said "Ok Wendell, you can pick someone to take your place and spend time with their family" and Wendell turned that down.

So, I get being hungry and bummed, but angry, I do not get.

7 hours ago, GaT said:

I am so sick of the "loved ones" episode, they really need to do something new.

agree with this. Thank goodness for DVRs so I was able to skip past all of it.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, sigmaforce86 said:

The problem with Ghost Island last night is it becomes a sort of circular issue; Wendell wasted a family visit to get the advantage BUT at the time he was picked he didn't know he'd be offered the advantage so he couldn't tell Sebastian to pick someone else and when he did take the advantage nobody else could take his place with their family member.  So Kellyn wasn't going to get family time no matter what.  She could have been pissed she didn't get the chance to get the advantage but I don't see why she should be mad that Wendell gave up family time just because she didn't get family time - that's on him if he wants to shorten time with his Dad now to possibly win later.  But either way her idea that he wasted a spot that could have gone to one of the girls is wrong because with the twist coming after the reward pick the family visit spot would never have gone to the girls.  

just realized Sigmaforce86 already made my point, just better stated.

(edited)

This season became so boring, so fast. Bummer.

12 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Glad Laurel at least recognizes she can’t beat the guys.    

It makes me even more annoyed by her. To actually know you have no shot at winning by staying with them and still continuing to stay with them. Mind-blowing. Maybe she's content with not winning though and just wants as much money as possible, which is fine, I guess. I think she wants to win though, but she's way too scared and timid to make any moves. Which, hey, I'd probably be that way too tbh. But still, it's both aggravating and boring to watch.

12 hours ago, mojoween said:

Malcolm!  *hearteyes*

I don't even like Malcolm and I was hearteyeing that flashback. This season is just so boring and predictable now that I welcome any reminders of a season that wasn't this boring and predictable.

12 hours ago, Haleth said:

Did you all hear Jeff get choked up when he was talking about Angela's sacrifice?  I don't remember him ever being emotional like that. 

I did notice. As @KimberStormer said, he has a thing for our troops.

6 hours ago, loki567 said:

Hey now, she had 4 whole confessionals in 12 eps!

Donathan's TC performance was embarrassing, but I feel bad for him. He obviously wants to be aggressive and just do something, anything!, to put himself in a position to actually win, but Laurel cuts him off at every turn. It's funny that they're partners since they have such opposite styles of gameplay.

Dom's wife was so embarrassing. That outfit and then her breakdown. I couldn't watch it. Dom looked embarrassed by it too lol.

I loved Wendell just being like, "Peace out dad, gonna get me an advantage!" Although, with the way Ghost Island has been going, he was probably better off just having lunch with his dad.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Yeah, but asking someone how his/her name is spelled is tantamount to saying I'm going to vote you out.  Sounds like a taboo subject to me.

This made me think of a twist for a future season.  As an advantage give a player a bunch of sheets of the voting parchment, and if they can convince any other players to write their own names on them, they can use them as votes at a TC of their choosing.  :)

• Love 1
8 hours ago, GaT said:

I am so sick of the "loved ones" episode, they really need to do something new.

I agree.  I'm so glad they stopped that stupid "remembrance walk of past survivors" they used to do before the finale.

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, SevenCostanza said:

I agree.  I'm so glad they stopped that stupid "remembrance walk of past survivors" they used to do before the finale.

I am in the minority, but I kind of liked the remembrance walk.  I hate family day, though.  

• Love 5

I so hated the remembrance walk. Maybe not so bad if they had just said let's run through a brief scene of every loser so far. . .but the corny way it was done suggesting each person had been killed in the game was too much.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, loki567 said:

She got one. I only remember it because her profession blurb was "EMT" and I had no idea. 

I feel like the editors are taking some pretty generous liberties to make these tribals more dramatic than they actually are. Making Wendall seem legitimately concerned for 8 minutes and then he doesn't play his idol? Clearly he wasn't that worried. 

Probst shedding a tear because...Angela was in the Army. Could you pander to middle America a little more, Jeff?

Chelsea saying she went out with a bang is pretty funny. You basically did nothing the entire game but ride the big alliance until they decided it was your turn to go. Not going out with a bang. 

The only bit of intrigue remaining is who wins between Dom and Wendall. Pretty blah season on the whole.

13 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

My biggest disappointment with the episode was that I was expecting a big Kellyn blow up and melt down, and all we got was a couple of seconds of petulance. I wanted to see her deal with the guys once they got back from their reward.

Kellyn’s a Talking Head Tiger - full of all the GREAT THINGS she’s done/doing/going to do in the THs, but totally wussified when it comes to actually walking the walk.

13 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

His expression

seabass.jpg

Dayum - must’ve hurt when TPTB lit up the charge on that cattle prod in his ass.

12 hours ago, Souris said:

Kellyn is so whiny. So Wendell's not supposed to play the game and try for an advantage simply because you want it? Shut up.

Typical Destiny.

12 hours ago, North of Eden said:

Chelsea was invisible for about the first 3 episodes and only qualifies as notable for her ability to mimic an inanimate object  like a tree and stand still in challenges and have even fewer lines of dialogue than "I am Groot"

This was more entertaining to me than the vast majority of this episode.  Speaking of which - I was at Carolina Rebellion this past weekend, and this was one of the more popular shirts to be found:

DC5E313B-65EC-4463-AD59-8331107225FF.jpeg.60fcedb37d0bb25f126fb9ca685ac96b.jpeg

11 hours ago, SHD said:

Ha ha ha! That reminded me of Wizzo the Clown from my local Bozo TV show.

IMG_4965.PNG

No, YOU didn’t have nightmares when you were a kid at all.  Geez, fuck ME running....

• Love 4

forgot to add that although I would have loved to see Kellyn go, I think voting out Chelsea made sense. Chelsea has won several immunities so good to get her out when you can. Although Kellyn is annoying she hasn't really done anything to be a threat.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, North of Eden said:

The only time I actually felt anything was years ago when a contestant named Katie apparently had such a sad life that the only person they could muster up for her to come out was her sister's boyfriend. I felt sorry for her.

For my money, Millennials vs. Gen X was the best family visit they've ever had, because for once, it wasn't just a break in the action. It actually advanced a season subplot (Adam's reward steal non-play/giveaway) and showed character development (Jay picking Adam out of seemingly nowhere, which turned out to be a minor turning point in that adversarial relationship). Plus, the health of Adam's mother -- love it or hate it -- created dramatic stakes, so it wasn't just the usual "oh, I'll just see her in 10 days."

I did think of that when Kellyn was practically stomping her foot over not being chosen.

This year, I feel like they  at least tried to tie this visit to the plot with "you can give up your family visit to go to Ghost Island." What would've made it better if they'd teased it to the players beforehand, even something along the lines of "and family may not be the only thing you're playing for" or something. Or if it was one of those "an idol good at only the next tribal council" -- something that would make the family visit related to the plot, instead of the family visit completely separate from the plot  (a.k.a. what happens most every year).

• Love 3

The title quote was rather inane.  A game of bumper cars?  I didn't know bumper cars was a "game".  I thought it was an amusement park ride with no winners or losers where people ram their cars into other people's cars at low speeds.  

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, RedbirdNelly said:

forgot to add that although I would have loved to see Kellyn go, I think voting out Chelsea made sense. Chelsea has won several immunities so good to get her out when you can. Although Kellyn is annoying she hasn't really done anything to be a threat.

This is a good point.  I think she should be a target to go - she isn't winning challenges, but she is constantly stirring the pot and keeping her people close at hand (and they're blindly following enough to stay even though she doesn't provide results).  Admittedly, she just annoys me so I'm jaded.  That and I cannot watch her eat.  She chews/smacks like a toddler going nuts on a Happy Meal.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

The title quote was rather inane.  A game of bumper cars?  I didn't know bumper cars was a "game".  I thought it was an amusement park ride with no winners or losers where people ram their cars into other people's cars at low speeds.  

I read it and thought maybe I'd fastforwarded a part where they got to ride in bumper cars.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Depends upon your competitive appetites.  When I was a teenager, my friends and I turned every turn on the bumper cars into our own mini-version of Deathrace 2000 - and buddy, you better believe we were keeping score.  :>

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, Eolivet said:

For my money, Millennials vs. Gen X was the best family visit they've ever had, because for once, it wasn't just a break in the action. It actually advanced a season subplot (Adam's reward steal non-play/giveaway) and showed character development (Jay picking Adam out of seemingly nowhere, which turned out to be a minor turning point in that adversarial relationship). Plus, the health of Adam's mother -- love it or hate it -- created dramatic stakes, so it wasn't just the usual "oh, I'll just see her in 10 days."

Not to mention, the epic turn of Adam getting stuck.

Aww.  I love the family visit eps AND The March of the Dead Survivors.

Wendell saying “check ya later, pops” reminded me of...shit what’s her name, the pretty brunette who foiled Stephenie at every turn, when she won a cheese steak at the auction and instead of seeing her loved one she also got an immunity advantage and happily waved bye at her brother.  Dani?  I think?

• Love 6
14 hours ago, LanceM said:

10 hours ago, Mystery said:

I figured Lauren wouldn't have the guts to try to save the women, after she said they were the ones she could beat at the end. 

OK, how's this for warped?  I want Laurel to go to Ponderosa because I don't understand her game play at all.   There's got to be more to her than is edited.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

Not to mention, the epic turn of Adam getting stuck.

I was waiting for someone to get stuck, like a beached whale, last night. 

I was surprised that Laurel never made it through.  She is very thin and very athletic, and was digging for a long time after she initially tried and failed.  I wonder if she got scared of getting stuck and kept digging longer than she needed to.  Or, perhaps, she realized that winning the Family LUV (tm)  reward challenge can be more of a curse than a blessing as it requires you to make several people angry by snubbing them.  

BTW, there was a great shot of Jeff standing right behind one of SeaBass's early attempts to land the sandbag, where Jeff is right there, staring at it, as it barely slides off.  

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I see some sense in it.  Bumper cars is only fun because you get to T-bone anyone you feel like solely because they're in your path and you can, and you frequently don't see the other guy coming at you, and directions change constantly.

Kellyn was upset about not being chosen for the family love. I get it. I would want to see my loved one too. But her pouting about ,"They just left us girls to take care of everything. Thanks a lot." That pissed me off. I assume she was just trying to find something else to say other than, "I didn't get my way so I want to be mad." But to make it sound like the guys just didn't care about the poor little girls was mind-bogglingly stupid. If you've been out there this long and are still worried about taking care of yourself, you need to MORE time by yourself, not less.

Domineck's wife started off good, "I love you and hate you so much." and then she lost me at "we haven't ever gone a day without talking to each other." Wow, you need to get out more. Make some new friends. Re-connect with nature in places where there is no cell-phone coverage. Sheesh.

Sebastian is just a mystery to me. I didn't even notice his face while voting, but look at face at the end of Tribal Council. He looked like he just stayed awake through an insurance seminar.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, RedbirdNelly said:

Good at puzzles, so could be a threat if something like that comes down the line, but yea not really a threat to anyone other then to viewers.  It's weird because she's not the first or the last contestant that will do this, but she annoys me by how over the top she is with her reactions, they come off as fake. 

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I was waiting for someone to get stuck, like a beached whale, last night. 

I was surprised that Laurel never made it through.  She is very thin and very athletic, and was digging for a long time after she initially tried and failed.  I wonder if she got scared of getting stuck and kept digging longer than she needed to.  Or, perhaps, she realized that winning the Family LUV (tm)  reward challenge can be more of a curse than a blessing as it requires you to make several people angry by snubbing them.  

BTW, there was a great shot of Jeff standing right behind one of SeaBass's early attempts to land the sandbag, where Jeff is right there, staring at it, as it barely slides off.  

I've thought about this--I'm not claustrophobic but am seriously bothered by the thought of getting stuck under one of those logs. I've often thought if I was on the show I would end up losing because I insisted on digging the world's deepest, biggest hole before trying to squeeze through

2 minutes ago, Oscirus said:

Good at puzzles, so could be a threat if something like that comes down the line, but yea not really a threat to anyone other then to viewers.  It's weird because she's not the first or the last contestant that will do this, but she annoys me by how over the top she is with her reactions, they come off as fake. 

I agree--puzzles would be the other thing. But track record so far is Chelsea has won lots of immunities, and although she is invisible to us, I can see being more fearful of that plus legitimate resume to the jury on that one point.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, survivinmt said:

Kellyn was upset about not being chosen for the family love. I get it. I would want to see my loved one too. But her pouting about ,"They just left us girls to take care of everything. Thanks a lot." That pissed me off. I assume she was just trying to find something else to say other than, "I didn't get my way so I want to be mad." But to make it sound like the guys just didn't care about the poor little girls was mind-bogglingly stupid. If you've been out there this long and are still worried about taking care of yourself, you need to MORE time by yourself, not less.

Domineck's wife started off good, "I love you and hate you so much." and then she lost me at "we haven't ever gone a day without talking to each other." Wow, you need to get out more. Make some new friends. Re-connect with nature in places where there is no cell-phone coverage. Sheesh.

Sebastian is just a mystery to me. I didn't even notice his face while voting, but look at face at the end of Tribal Council. He looked like he just stayed awake through an insurance seminar.

I (thankfully) missed most of the Family Luv (tm) blubbering, including Mrs. Domenick.  The over the top emotions always annoy me, but I see nothing wrong with the fact that a husband and wife have never gone a day without talking.   It isn't possible for a lot of couples, but if it is, I think it is great that they talk every day.  

• Love 5