Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 5/7/18

Jaded
  • Start Topic

(edited)
2 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Just saw today's episode. Meghan being her childish idiotic self today. Why can't you let other's finish their thought? Why are you incapable of disagreeing with someone without raising your voice and being condescending? She picks and chooses what she wants to use as a sticking point. Sunny brings up America pulling out of a deal that was originally negotiated with its allies and when Sunny was listing the name of the countries who were part of this deal and get to China and Russia, she goes in as though the panel was calling either of those countries their allies. How is it that this woman thinks she knows politics and it completely goes over her head when she hears the names of actual American allies? Girl sit down. 

There have been so many good points made on this board about Meghan "I WILL SAY" McCain's idiotic remarks about the Iranian deal. I wanted to tear my hair out when she was screeching. Joy did try to correct her about the money returned to Iran that it was actually Iran's money, but it was easy not to hear her.. The producers should have let Joy repeat that fact after they came back from the commercial, because from what MM said and Whoopi implied, many people would think it was a gift to Iran in the diplomatic dealing. Whoopi should be more informed than that. Then the hysterics by MM after Sunny's comments about allies and Russia and China was over the top stupid. Yes, I'm sure the rest of the panel is sick of the ignorant, spoiled brat.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 16
8 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

Holy crap. Wtf is wrong with Meghan? She was even yelling at Sara for agreeing with her. Oh, and who keeps talking in her ear? She even yelled at them.

It has to be her husband speaking in her ear - throwing in "unmarked cargo plane" as if she couldn't complete her own argument.

• Love 14
8 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

That disappointed me as well.  And Meghan mentioned a cargo plane.  If she was referring to the footage of a cargo plane being unloaded that footage was not of Iran receiving their money back.

Even if it were, how should the plane have been marked - $$$$$$$$ INSIDE?

• Love 17
(edited)
37 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

It has to be her husband speaking in her ear - throwing in "unmarked cargo plane" as if she couldn't complete her own argument.

And I thought she said that "no man speaks for her"....except "her" producer? 

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

Why can't they have longer segments? It's sweeps, give us more time for them to discuss things!

I wish the ladies would push back on some of the misinformation regarding the Iran deal. You can say, "Well Trump doesn't have a better options, so what's the point?" But that doesn't mean anything if you don't explain how wrong she is. The most troubling info about pulling out, and what I wished someone mentioned at the table, is that Iran promised that they'd go all in with the nuclear program if the US pulled out. They should have discussed this, or at least had more time to discuss this. I'm glad Sunny mentioned that Iran was following the rules, because that's what everyone has been saying. Pulling out just hurts your allies more than anything.

I know I'm alone in wanting Meghan to stay (only because I don't want another revolving door of Conservatives at the table and I want her to get better), but someone really needs to sit her down and tell her to listen and engage instead of just spouting 'facts' like they're the truth. Sara agreed with her and Meghan just said, "Whoopi and I were discussing something different." That shouldn't be acceptable and it shows poor sportsmanship. (teamwork? I don't know what else to call the group dynamic, but doing this hurts them)

Meghan did act huffy with Sunny and Whoopi, but the Sara part is what troubled me the most. Sunny and Whoopi will disagree with her and Meghan getting frustrated and angry is simply the norm right now, but attacking or being snide towards someone who agrees with you shows that you're choosing not to listen at all. Please look up from your notes and actively engage in the conversation.

Oh and I did find it funny that Sara and Meghan said they were uncomfortable with the music video. Sara expanded on this, but Meghan just wanted to talk about the art without focusing on the social commentary about it.

Edit: I was snooping on twitter and there are people who are saying that Meghan is making them miss Elisabeth. That kind of made me laugh.

Meghan should be forced to apologize tomorrow and correct her statement.  But it won't happen.  She's too "fragile" with grief.

6 hours ago, Ms. Anthrope said:

Excellent point, @CheezyXpressed.

I'd like to take this one step further. For Sara, Meghan and any other white person who is 'uncomfortable' with Donald Glover's "This is America" video, I'd like to suggest they try being a black person in America for just one day. After said experience, we can all regroup and discuss the meaning of 'being uncomfortable.' 

What a grotesquely privileged comment to make...

And if you haven't seen "This is America," I highly recommend not only watching it, but reading the abundant analysis, too; it brings the work into sharper focus. (This is one of my favorite takes: https://www.awesomelyluvvie.com/2018/05/this-is-america-donald-glover.html?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=socialnetwork)

And thank you to everyone here for calling out the misinformation MM was trying to spread with regard to the Iran deal. It is appalling that these women, who  bring in very comfortable salaries to be on national television, cannot be bothered to be informed on the topics for which they are paid to speak. 

As pleasing as it's been to see such changes in the acceptance of LGBTQ communities, it starkly contrasts with the fact that racism seems to have grown stronger in that same time period.  I'm not sure why the younger generations have such a laissez faire attitude about one topic, yet still remain so out of touch and insensitive on the other.  Because of this I can see why Meghan can be BFFS with Clay Aiken and outspoken about LGBTQ causes, yet be so blinded by white privilege that she's dismissive to the black community.

While I praised Sara the other day for not being an Iowa stereotype, I'm irritated by her statement that this video makes her "uncomfortable".  At least acknowledge that as a blonde/blue eyed white woman, she has no concept what being black in America is about.  I can't figure out if she tries to smooth things over for Meghan or if she's really sharing some semi-conservative personal views.

• Love 16
9 hours ago, Tosia said:

I agree with you both, Blondieco332 and ChicagoCita, AND will add that you can't change Meh-ghan's lack of: general smarts, current events (except a few reality tv shows), common knowledge of history or POLITICS, and correct use of vocabulary.  The View is just not her rodeo. 

No silk purse here.  Move her back to Fox and let them cover for her dumb gaffes.  

IMO Meghan is a mendacious obfuscator. I choose those words because I bet money she doesn’t know what they mean and even if she does she couldn’t use them correctly. She seems to revel in being vituperative. It is so very hard for me to believe she went to a Catholic high school. At the one I attended I was expected to know what they meant (and so very many more) and be able to use them. I know Joy could correct her when she uses the wrong word and/or mispronounces it. She shows her ignorance daily and the little she seems to know about history is shameful. I know I said that before but that bothers me more than I can adequately express. 

• Love 12
(edited)
2 hours ago, bannana said:

And why wouldn't you want to know the calories, sodium content, etc? 

No comment...but it's not positive.

Edited by Former Nun
that bolding was annoying
  • Love 1

Okay, I watched her mental breakdown without booze, that was a big mistake, but my liver needed a rest, THAT WAS THE WORST. She needs to be off the air, because she is insane and needs to take a rest and then stay home and cook for her husband. And somebody on that show needs to correct that bullshit she said about the money that we GAVE BACK to Iran tomorrow, unmarked bills, unmarked planes....dark money. Oh fuck yourself RBM,  Jane, you ignorant slut.  Old SNL reference from the 70's kids. Taa Taa ladies and gents, but Jake was fabulous. 

• Love 15
3 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Meghan is incapable of discussing a topic without going nuts and throwing a baby fit. It's pretty damn embarrassing.

My scenario: I think about how it must have been to raise Meghan (while raising two boys) mostly alone* in Phoenix while Senator McCain was working in D.C.  Just as Cindy was getting rambunctious little Meghan under control, John would come home and encourage his "little pistol," and brag about how spunky and mouthy she was.  Since Daddy wasn't home much she wanted to be his perfect little girl, and so the mayhem continued...and continues.  Poor Cindy.

*I know she had "the help."

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

Seems to me that people don't really count calories much. More likely carbs, gluten, sugars, or WW points, etc.

Everyone I know counts something.  Even the little kids in the family are aware of sugar and sodium.

Having discovered a problem and worked hard to overcome it I will look at nutrition facts the rest of my life.  I thank Michelle Obama for pushing for "real" nutrition facts on food labels.

• Love 18
44 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

She's too "fragile" with grief.

I love the ""s, because we know that with that line-backer build, snarly expression, bullhorn-worthy voice and icy demeanor, Ms. Trust Fund Baby is anything but fragile.  Lol.  They should make her walk through a metal detector before coming onstage, because today she was out for blood. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

I'm not sure how calorie counts are required on menus, but they are all over the Chicago area. Seriously, it totally changed the way I eat. Seeing something on the menu with a healthy name used to make me order it. Seeing that same healthy-named item as one of the highest in calories and fat made me reconsider.

If you don't care about nutritional information, ignore it. But if it makes a difference in what you're ordering, it's a godsend.

I visited somewhere recently that didn't have the calorie counts on the menu, and I felt like I was having unsafe sex. 

Exactly!  It sure makes a difference in what I order.  My husband couldn't give a ........

• Love 7
2 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Meghan should be forced to apologize tomorrow and correct her statement.  But it won't happen.  She's too "fragile" with grief.

As pleasing as it's been to see such changes in the acceptance of LGBTQ communities, it starkly contrasts with the fact that racism seems to have grown stronger in that same time period.  I'm not sure why the younger generations have such a laissez faire attitude about one topic, yet still remain so out of touch and insensitive on the other.  Because of this I can see why Meghan can be BFFS with Clay Aiken and outspoken about LGBTQ causes, yet be so blinded by white privilege that she's dismissive to the black community.

While I praised Sara the other day for not being an Iowa stereotype, I'm irritated by her statement that this video makes her "uncomfortable".  At least acknowledge that as a blonde/blue eyed white woman, she has no concept what being black in America is about.  I can't figure out if she tries to smooth things over for Meghan or if she's really sharing some semi-conservative personal views.

To be far to Sara, she did say that it was incredibly powerful and should be watched multiple times.

• Love 12

OK, I worked late, and I've been skipping this show a lot.  after reading here, I had to have a look for myself. 

Right from the start - the topic of N Korea releasing hostages. Hmm, trump and a bunch of others had been saying that these hostages SHOULD have been released by Obama, until they finally got the message that two of the three were taken hostage since trump was president!  So Meghan STILL has to make it about Obama. other countries are scared of trump, Obama went on an "apology tour", (NO!)  the difference between republicans and democrats is all about foreign policy (not even close!)  Joy asks her a question, and Meghan talks around it, takes ANOTHER shot at Obama.  Then Meghan gets all irritable about absolutely nothing.  topic turns to Iran deal, and Meghan says it was "controversial"  at the time because, she has on her blue card the names of 4 democrats who didn't vote for it. Then she reads a list of things America did under Obama that she disagrees with. 

Meghan was SEETHING.  SHe would not let anyone talk - screaming over Sunny. Yelling that we should not be FUNDING TERROR!   (even though that's not the issue)  

So what was she upset about?  It seems like her whole thing was about Obama, how she thinks he was awful.  Hmmm.......  is she possibly upset at hearing that her dad has made it known that at his funeral, he wants Obama to give his eulogy, and for trump not to attend?  I imagine that doesn't sit well with Meghan's tribalism, her view that republicans are the good guys, and democrats are the bad guys.  

• Love 16

The topic of food labels got ridiculous.  Sara's looking for a mustard that doesn't have sugar because she thinks sugar causes kids to have behavioral problems?  How much mustard do your kids consume, Sara?  

And Whoopi's  answer is that "they"  should teach people how to cook.  WHO, Whoopi?  the food places  are just putting info on their menus - who does she think is going to bodegas to teach people how to cook?  And no, restaurants don't put info on the menu so customers can "shame" each other.  It's helpful information, and it's easy to overlook if you don't want to know.  If you're getting lunch at Panera, and you want soup, but your blood pressure is a little higher than it should be, you can say screw it, I want soup, I don't care.  OR, you can choose the soup that has a lower sodium content. 

• Love 18

This labeling thing was actually part of the ACA passed in 2010. Some places (in Chicago) complied in 2014. I don't understand why everyone is blinking in surprise in 2018.

Shakes at most fast food places are 2000 calories. I would have NEVER known this without labeling. I had my last large shake in 2014. ;-) I've probably had about three since then. I am far (far, far, far) from fit, but the labeling helps a lot.

• Love 14
34 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

This labeling thing was actually part of the ACA passed in 2010. Some places (in Chicago) complied in 2014. I don't understand why everyone is blinking in surprise in 2018.

Shakes at most fast food places are 2000 calories. I would have NEVER known this without labeling. I had my last large shake in 2014. ;-) I've probably had about three since then. I am far (far, far, far) from fit, but the labeling helps a lot.

I made the mistake of having a Shamrock Snake last month and THEN Googling the ingredients. At least I only had a medium!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ChicagoCita said:

Thank you for posting this @ChicagoCita.  I didn't get this at all from their discussion today.  I also found this, which must be why it is a topic now. 

http://www.onegreenplanet.org/natural-health/finally-chain-restaurants-must-now-display-calorie-counts/

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, JakeyJokes said:

I made the mistake of having a Shamrock Snake last month and THEN Googling the ingredients. At least I only had a medium!

I'm so very, very sorry, but I could not resist!                        ShamrockSnake.jpg.be2bab04ccdf9435aa0987d05b6367fb.jpg

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Wings said:

Joy is her target because she has no sense of humor, as we know.

One of the first complete sentences of Meghan's on her first day on "The View," was, "I don't think we're going to agree on anything, Joy."  She didn't make any predictions to any other panel member.  Meghan was ready...and has continued.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, ChicagoCita said:

I live in Chicago.. and when the Shamrock Shake came out with the calories/sugar/fat grams.  I stopped ordering them and came up with a healthier version (almond milk, peppermint extract, green food coloring, and low fat yogurt).  Instead of 2000 calories.. my shake was maybe between 400 and 500 calories.  Still a lot, but no where near where it is at fast food restaurants.

Whoopi was talking about shaming, etc... and I figure if one feels like they're being shamed, it usually means they are doing something they know is wrong.  Just my view :)

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

I figure if one feels like they're being shamed, it usually means they are doing something they know is wrong. 

"You're going to order THAT?"   "Are you eating ALL of that?"  "Should you be wearing horizontal stripes?"  "Your face is too fat for such short hair."  "Legs like that do NOT belong in shorts."  "You should have stopped wearing that fifteen pounds ago."  "Do you know about the new Weight Watchers program?"

I have a different take.  If one feels they're being insulted--and most others agree, they are probably BEING INSULTED!"

• Love 8
(edited)

Whoopi went on and on about how menus having calorie counts would lead to people peering into other people's tables and taking pictures. And shaming! Well, maybe if you're an EGOT and a Stah! For normal folks, it's a way to make informed choices.

Once I learned a freaking Bloomin' Onion at Outback has 1950 calories, I started ordering onion soup instead (420 calories). My stand-by Alice Springs Chicken Quesadilla has 1620 calories, so I switched over to Coconut Shrimp (720 calories). No one shamed and no one stared, it just made me a little savvier about what I'm eating.

That's really all there is to it. My guy, who loves Outback, doesn't care about calories and orders exactly what will make him happy, damn the calorie counts. It's really not a big deal. They're there if you want them, and ignorable if you don't. The passion about the subject on today's show puzzled me.

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, Former Nun said:

One of the first complete sentences of Meghan's on her first day on "The View," was, "I don't think we're going to agree on anything, Joy."  She didn't make any predictions to any other panel member.  Meghan was ready...and has continued.

I remember now that you mention it! 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

That's really all there is to it. My guy, who loves Outback, doesn't care about calories and orders exactly what will make him happy, damn the calorie counts. It's really not a big deal. They're there if you want them, and ignorable if you don't. The passion about the subject on today's show puzzled me.

Some people don't want to know the truth about what they are eating.  It's like thinking if I don't know this is unhealthy it won't be unhealthy.

• Love 4

I kinda like having the  calories on the food.  I want it even for fancy restaurants.  When you see that those appetizer nachos are 1800 calories and a slice of carrot cake is 2300 it makes you think about your food choices, at least for me.  Some people won't care, others like me care a lot.  

• Love 13
(edited)
9 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Meghan's obsession with Joy is so weird.  Every time Meghan and Joy agree on something--even on something banal like "puppies are cute"--Meghan has to announce it as if the sun has started to rise in the west. When Joy pushes back on Meghan's arguments, Meghan gets disproportionately upset ("Why is the audience clapping?!  Why does everyone hate me, the poor beleaguered Conservative?  Fine!  I just won't say anything then; pouting can move mountains!").  I believe that in the fantasy version of The View that exists in Meghan's head, the show is actually called McCain Takes Behar Down a Peg or Two.

Edited by Vanderboom
  • Love 21
1 minute ago, Vanderboom said:

Meghan's obsession with Joy is so weird.  Every time Meghan and Joy agree on something, Meghan has to announce it as if the sun has started to rise in the west.

I'm glad someone else noticed this. She goes out of her way to point out when she agrees with Joy.

• Love 12

I don't really understand why Joy felt the need to ask Laurie Metcalf if she dated Tom Arnold before Roseanne, but Laurie handled it well. Like she said, we're talking about something that may have happened 25-30 years ago.

• Love 9

Also, I wish The Whoopster would come up with a better way to say good-bye to a guest instead of the "come back any time", which we know she doesn't mean.  I'd rather she said "we're always happy to see you"!!!

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Vanderboom said:

Meghan's obsession with Joy is so weird.  Every time Meghan and Joy agree on something, Meghan has to announce it as if the sun has started to rise in the west. When Joy pushes back on Meghan's arguments, Meghan gets disproportionately upset ("Why is the audience clapping?!  Why does everyone hate me, the poor beleaguered Conservative?  Fine!  I just won't say anything then; pouting can move mountains!").  I believe that in the fantasy version of The View that exists in Meghan's head, the show is actually called McCain Takes Behar Down a Peg or Two.

Yes it's the way Meghan thinks about anything political - conservatives against liberals.  Any time a political guest is on who says something nice about her father, her attitude is "you're so nice even though you're a democrat."  every aspect of her life is colored by her political affiliation.   She never expresses an opinion without it being "as a conservative, I think..."  And then when she doesn't want to own the opinion (which is often)  she just rattles off "77% of republicans think..."   It's like every moment of her life is lived with that conservative filter. It reminds me of Sherri Shepherd and her "as a Christian...."  

Meghan makes it her goal to represent and explain the republican/conservative point of view.  She has in her head that Joy's role on the show is to represent the liberal/democrat/progressive point of view. So they're going to do battle.   But Joy has never made that her role.   Joy just says what SHE thinks.  Joy is a talk show host and comic with opinions.   Meghan is a talk show host who had delusions of being a political analyst, or being "in politics my whole entire life."  Meghan has occasional moments of being relatable (not many) and it is when she is speaking without that political filter, when she is being a talk show host with opinions.  

• Love 21
(edited)

Regarding torture, I've always thought the standard should be would you want what you think should be done to someone you consider a threat done to someone you love.  Because somewhere in the world there is someone who considers us a threat.

This might be the first time I have said this but Meghan was exactly right.  Torture is absolutely wrong. I might have missed  it but did she mention her dad came out publicly against Haspel? 

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Whoopi was talking about shaming, etc... and I figure if one feels like they're being shamed, it usually means they are doing something they know is wrong.  Just my view :)

Yeah....and its fucking called eating!

What I put in my mouth, food or otherwise is no one's business but my own!  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:

Also, I wish The Whoopster would come up with a better way to say good-bye to a guest instead of the "come back any time", which we know she doesn't mean. 

I have occasional fantasies that some guest...completely out of the blue...walks to the table and says, "Here I am! You said to come back any time."   Ten at a time would be fun--and they'll get the usual fee.  (That gripes me too, Medicine Crow.)

• Love 5
5 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Some people don't want to know the truth about what they are eating. 

And many of us know the truth...kinda...but we don't care.  I'd bet people would rather go out to eat with me (I look at the menu to see what seems good--and order it) or my good friend who has to go on and on and on about every item on the menu and what she likes, can't have, wishes she weren't allergic...and then--and then...goes over the same conversation with the server.  Oh...and the questions/complaints when the food is served.  OY!   It might be more fun for us if she arrived alone 20min early to go over her litanies--and then we show up and order.  (She has been my good friend since we were 14 and is otherwise a fine companion.)

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

And many of us know the truth...kinda...but we don't care.  I'd bet people would rather go out to eat with me (I look at the menu to see what seems good--and order it) or my good friend who has to go on and on and on about every item on the menu and what she likes, can't have, wishes she weren't allergic...and then--and then...goes over the same conversation with the server.  Oh...and the questions/complaints when the food is served.  OY!   It might be more fun for us if she arrived alone 20min early to go over her litanies--and then we show up and order.  (She has been my good friend since we were 14 and is otherwise a fine companion.)

I have a friend like that too & sometimes the whys & wherefores are so dragged out, I lose my appetite.  (I now avoid dining out with that friend!!)

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

my good friend who has to go on and on and on about every item on the menu and what she likes, can't have, wishes she weren't allergic...and then--and then...goes over the same conversation with the server. 

3 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I have a friend like that too & sometimes the whys & wherefores are so dragged out, I lose my appetite.  (I now avoid dining out with that friend!!)

One of my best friends swears she is intolerant to gluten. Says it makes it her bloated.  I think it's all the wine she drinks that makes her bloated but I digress. So when we go out to eat we are limited to where we can go because she only wants to eat at places that have a lot of gluten free entrees. So we are inevitably stuck with restaurants that offer sub standard pasta dishes while she is enjoying a steak.

• Love 5
49 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

I'd bet people would rather go out to eat with me (I look at the menu to see what seems good--and order it) or my good friend who has to go on and on and on about every item on the menu and what she likes, can't have, wishes she weren't allergic...and then--and then...goes over the same conversation with the server.  Oh...and the questions/complaints when the food is served.  OY!   It might be more fun for us if she arrived alone 20min early to go over her litanies--and then we show up and order.  (She has been my good friend since we were 14 and is otherwise a fine companion.)

I hear ya!  I don't care what they order, food choices, allergies, etc. are boring.  AND, the server doesn't give a .....    I'm a bit picky myself, but I study the menu, make my choice and order!  Former Nun & I should get together for dinner.

• Love 5

I think Whoopi is afraid that if she were to sit at McDonald's and order a big Mac and fries, someone might take her photo and post it on social media.  but that might happen regardless of calorie counts on menus.  when I go out with my sister, sometimes whether we each get a dessert or split one, depends on the calorie count.   I KNOW I should not eat a 2000 calorie dessert by myself, but if I think that I'll only have a bite, and she'll eat the rest, I can order it.  (even though I know she's thinking she'll have the "just a bite"  and I will eat the rest)  

If going out to dinner is a special occasion thing, I agree - enjoy it, eat up, have fun.   But if it's a more regular lunch on a work day, not a treat, just a normal part of your routine, then yeah, a lot of people want to make healthier choices.   Knowledge is power - without the info, you might choose a salad, because salads are supposed to be healthier.  but sometimes salads are loaded with extra fats and sugars, and another dish might actually be healthier. 

I did once meet a colleague for breakfast, and she ordered a plain egg white omelet with dry toast and black coffee.  Yeah, she seems fun, huh?  If I want dry boring tasteless food, I can make it  at home, I would never go to a restaurant for it. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Former Nun said:

"You're going to order THAT?"   "Are you eating ALL of that?"  "Should you be wearing horizontal stripes?"  "Your face is too fat for such short hair."  "Legs like that do NOT belong in shorts."  "You should have stopped wearing that fifteen pounds ago."  "Do you know about the new Weight Watchers program?"

I have a different take.  If one feels they're being insulted--and most others agree, they are probably BEING INSULTED!"

Sometimes we feel shame and/or insecurity because of our own assumptions of what we think others are thinking about us. Only the poster can clarify but I interpreted their comment to mean (and specifically to the discussion of calories on menu), that if you're going to feel self-conscious about what you order because you think people around you are going to think a certain way about it, then it's maybe because it's a reflection of how you feel about the choice you're making.

If someone is saying things to you as in the examples you are citing, yeah, that's definitely someone passive aggressively trying to shame you and in that case, I would strongly agree that someone feeling insulted is because they were in fact insulted.

• Love 2

I love to eat out but don't as often now as I used to. However, when I do I really like to look up the menu and decide what I'm going to order in advance and check out yelp. Sometimes friends and I share, other times I decide what I can bring home when I know I can't eat it all, and other times decide between an entre, or soup or salad or whatnot. Often I love perhaps 1 or 2 appetizers (often called small plates here and not shareable) and soup or salad. Normally I am not interested in the deserts.

• Love 3