Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 5/7/18

Jaded
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Monday:
Michael B. Jordan (“Fahrenheit 451”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday:
 Gabrielle Union (“Breaking In”)

Wednesday:
The Political View with Jake Tapper (author, “The Hellfire Club”; host, “The Lead with Jake Tapper”)

Thursday:
Laurie Metcalf (ABC’s “Roseanne” and Broadway’s “Three Tall Women”)

Friday:
Annette Bening (“The Seagull”)

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 2

Meghan will not be there Monday - I wonder who/if will be guest hosting?

My Xfinity DVR did not pick up the show automatically for this entire week. You might want to check if you Comcast/Xfinity and have it set up to record daily.

• Love 1

She is also a sane conservative. I like what she has to say on CNN. I remember Anderson Cooper had a panel of conservative women talking about Conservatism, in the era of Trump. She and Anna were both on the panel and they were awesome..

• Love 3

Here goes Whoopi, ONCE AGAIN getting feisty with any conservative in that co-chair when it isn't Meghan McCain. Amanda Carpenter suggested we should give Trump credit for the fall in unemployment rates among African-Americans. Whoopi says, "no we shouldn't! The unemployment rate has been falling for some time now! What are you talking about?!" (something similar to that). 

I agree with Whoopi about the unemployment rate but why doesn't she shut down Meghan when she says things that also aren't factual?

1 minute ago, Apprentice79 said:

She is also a sane conservative. I like what she has to say on CNN. I remember Anderson Cooper had a panel of conservative women talking about Conservatism, in the era of Trump. She and Anna were both on the panel and they were awesome..

5 minutes ago, ari333 said:

I like Amanda. 

I saw her a few Sundays ago on a CNN panel and she was absolutely nasty towards another guest for no reason. I don't remember who it was but every time he said something, her replies were quite snarky. She's better than Meghan, I'll give her that.

2 minutes ago, Jewlmc said:

Well, she just came off as a total moron. The look on  Everyone's face..

LOL I noticed.

• Love 19
Just now, Alexis2291 said:

Here goes Whoopi, ONCE AGAIN getting feisty with any conservative in that co-chair when it isn't Meghan McCain. Amanda Carpenter suggested we should give Trump credit for the fall in unemployment rates among African-Americans. Whoopi says, "no we shouldn't! The unemployment rate has been falling for some time now! What are you talking about?!" (something similar to that). 

I agree with Whoopi about the unemployment rate but why doesn't she shut down Meghan when she says things that also aren't factual?

I saw her a few Sundays ago on a CNN panel and she was absolutely nasty towards another guest for no reason. I don't remember who it was but every time he said something, her replies were quite snarky. She's better than Meghan, I'll give her that.

LOL I noticed.

A potted plant is better than Megan.. I will concede Amanda has her moments of stupidity. 

• Love 12

She was right about the stock market boom as a result of Trump's election, but what she didn't mention was that the market lost a good bit of that surge when it corrected itself.  And she didn't mention all the insider trading and manipulation among Trump cronies. 

Anyway... Michael B Jordan is adorable. I've loved him since he was a young lad on Fri Night Lights.

• Love 15
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Haleth said:

She was right about the stock market boom as a result of Trump's election, but what she didn't mention was that the market lost a good bit of that surge when it corrected itself.  And she didn't mention all the insider trading and manipulation among Trump cronies. 

Anyway... Michael B Jordan is adorable. I've loved him since he was a young lad on Fri Night Lights.

I loved him when he was Reggie, on All My Children...His  awesome performance in Fruitvale station haunted me for days..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Haleth said:

2 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I loved him when he was Reggie, on All My Children...His performance in Fruitvale station haunted me for days..

Just now, Bronzedog said:

I've loved Michael B. Jordan since he was Reggie on All My Children.

I was aware of him when he was on AMC but I first saw him on The Wire.  His character's departure from that show was heartbreaking.

• Love 6
Just now, blondiec0332 said:

I was aware of him when he was on AMC but I first saw him on The Wire.  His character's departure from that show was heartbreaking.

The wire was one of the best series...What a show!

• Love 4

I don't get why they're acting like Rudy Guliani needs to shut up now. He's always been like this. When Trump made the Muslim ban everyone in the administration was like, "This isn't a Muslim ban" while Rudy was like, "Trump asked me how to legally make a Muslim ban and we did it."

I don't personally like the guy, but he might be the only truthful person right now so the ladies should be telling him to continue speaking out. In fact, they should invite him on the View where he'll drop even more personal info.

• Love 22
12 minutes ago, rcc said:

The show needs to book Rudy ASAP. Should be interesting with Joy interviewing him.

Plus, he is enjoying the spotlight.. He glows when he is talking on these talk shows... He is an egotist.. 

• Love 18
29 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I don't consider Guiliani truthful.  I think he is just running off at the mouth and occasionally an honest tidbit falls out. 

But that's more than what the others in the administration are doing. The thing with him is that he's so egotistical that he thinks his words are magic. He can say and do anything and no one will fault him because of 9/11. So now that he's speaking out in the media and getting attention, he's loving it too much to not see that he's making blunder and blunder. Which is why the View really needs to book him asap.

Paula was able to get Kellyanne to drop some truth bombs and she's at least better suited for TV than Rudy. Rudy will say whatever. They really need to get him on the show.

18 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Plus, he has always been an asshole. This is the same man that said if Black kids, don't want to be harassed, by the police, Black parents should raise their kids right...So, I am happy that he is undermining, the man he purports to defend... Keep talking, Rudy...

You should check out last night's episode of Last Week Tonight. They did an entire segment on Rudy. He's an wackadoodle who has always been a wackadoodle.

• Love 12
(edited)
40 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Plus, he has always been an asshole. This is the same man that said if Black kids, don't want to be harassed, by the police, Black parents should raise their kids right...So, I am happy that he is undermining, the man he purports to defend... Keep talking, Rudy...

He's also the same guy who claimed Hillary Clinton wasn't in New York on 9/11 when actual pictures were taken of her right next to HIM on 9/11. 

32 minutes ago, rcc said:

The show needs to book Rudy ASAP. Should be interesting with Joy interviewing him.

Gawwwddd, what a train wreck that would be. I'm here for it!

19 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

You should check out last night's episode of Last Week Tonight. They did an entire segment on Rudy. He's an wackadoodle who has always been a wackadoodle.

I was laughing throughout that entire thing. I know the lawyers who are willing to defend Trump are few and far between, but Rudy is the best he could do?! 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 23
3 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Because Meghan melts down like a toddler and refuses to speak the rest of an episode whenever anyone shuts her down with facts.   It's not worth it for Whoopie.

2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

When I was pregnant with my son I had two false negatives.  My pregnancy wasn't confirmed till I was past 6 weeks.  This Iowa abortion law is way out of line.  And yes Amanda there are people who are wanting to legislate birth control. Sarah was right to bring up Planned Parenthood. Those wanting to close them will make birth control harder for women to obtain affordably.

I do appreciate hearing from pro-life liberals like Sunny.   Although I don't necessarily agree with her, Sunny's arguments were alot better than Amanda basically saying their should be no abortions because of the availability of birth control and Plan B.   Abortion rates are down because of those very things.  But she are out of touch if she don't realize that not everyone has easy access to a doctor to get birth control and can't afford $50 a pill for Plan B.  

• Love 21

I do appreciate hearing from pro-life liberals like Sunny.  

Generally, I do, too @After7Only. But today, I was both disappointed and embarrassed by Sunny espousing religious beliefs in defense of Iowa's regressive and misogynistic new law. Roe v. Wade is a landmark decision by the Supreme Court of the United States. It is the law of the land. Sunny's religious beliefs do not belong at the table; neither literally nor figuratively. And religion certainly does not trump law. As Sunny is a lawyer well versed in the Constitution, I am sure she is acutely aware of the separation of church and state. 

I read a wonderful quote this past weekend and I am remiss at not having saved it so I could quote it properly here. I will do my best to paraphrase, though: women will not truly be free and equal until they have complete autonomy over their own bodies. 

Overall, that was a terrible discussion on reproductive rights and I'm shocked and (pleasantly) surprised that Sara did the best job in defending PP and rural and low-income American women. Sara is often positioned as the 'peacemaker' and it's a disservice to both her and her intellect. When she speaks freely and passionately, she's most persuasive. Otherwise, she comes across as an accessory to softening MM's histrionics about...everything. 

• Love 19
9 minutes ago, Ms. Anthrope said:

Generally, I do, too @After7Only. But today, I was both disappointed and embarrassed by Sunny espousing religious beliefs in defense of Iowa's regressive and misogynistic new law. Roe v. Wade is a landmark decision by the Supreme Court of the United States. It is the law of the land. Sunny's religious beliefs do not belong at the table; neither literally nor figuratively. And religion certainly does not trump law. As Sunny is a lawyer well versed in the Constitution, I am sure she is acutely aware of the separation of church and state. 

I was also disheartened when she said yes a heartbeat is when life should be presumed.    Funny how brain activity is what defines life once a person is born.  

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

I saw her a few Sundays ago on a CNN panel and she was absolutely nasty towards another guest for no reason. I don't remember who it was but every time he said something, her replies were quite snarky

I'd never seen or heard of her, but she sure did jump in like a Paid Professional Obstructor.  She might have earned more points if she hadn't been so aggressive on her first appearance.  Nope, not my cuppa bitter tea.  Buh-bye, Felicia.

• Love 14
24 minutes ago, Ms. Anthrope said:

Sunny's religious beliefs do not belong at the table; neither literally nor figuratively.

I'm an atheist with an interest and education on religions (and some past experience), so various (sometimes peculiar) beliefs are always interesting.  I'm happier knowing where people stand as far as their religions...even on "The View."   I do commend Sunny for holding to some of her old-fashioned convictions...many of which are no longer so important to Roman Catholics.  I commend her...but hope for change.

24 minutes ago, Ms. Anthrope said:

And religion certainly does not trump law.

AMEN!

• Love 16
6 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

A potted plant is better than Megan..

Truth. I didn't care for the guest co-host at all and the fact that she isn't as godawful as Meghan isn't enough to make me like her. I'd rather have Ana or Paula at the table. I didn't even know who she was, actually. I'm glad Whoopi shutdown her nonsense about giving Trump credit for the economy and so on. What a load.

Unfortunately, I missed most of the segment talking about Iowa. I did catch the end of it when the guest co-host was denying the fact that the same people attacking women's right to abortion are also attacking women's right to birth control. What a bald-faced liar. Joy hit the mark when she said that religious freedom laws have opened the door for eliminating the employment of women who use birth control under the guise of "freedom of religion." Right to persecute, more like.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, Ms. Anthrope said:

Sunny has been very clear that her views are in regard to herself and her family but does not think it's appropriate to impose her religious beliefs on anyone else.  She is certainly within her rights to bring up these views at the table. There was nothing wrong with her expressing an opinion.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, Ms. Anthrope said:

Sunny's religious beliefs do not belong at the table; neither literally nor figuratively. And religion certainly does not trump law.

I don't mind hearing about people's religious beliefs, especially on a show like The View. For people who are believers in a deity or religion, it is often a cornerstone of their life. What I do have problems with is people proselytizing to me that I should live my life according to their beliefs. No bueno, as Sunny would say. I think she is fine with people holding different beliefs than she has, and doesn't try to convert anyone.

As far as religion trumping law, we are in total agreement there. I'm a big believer in that separation.

One thing that terrifies me about the government (in effect) saying, "You MUST have babies" is that it's a short step to the government saying, "You must NOT have babies." Look at Romania and China to see how well the government regulating childbirth worked out for them.

• Love 16
(edited)

Discussions on pro life vs pro choice exhaust me, and often infuriate.  No one is going to change their mind no matter where you stand.  It is a circular conversation.   

Edited by Wings
  • Love 17

I nearly threw something when the guest host denied that there was also a concerted campaign to deny birth control. It's been going on for several years as some right-to-lifers move the bar from "no abortion" to "birth control is essentially abortion, so therefore no birth control."

I also can't appreciate "when life begins" arguments, since "life" isn't really the relevant issue. An amoeba has life. For human consideration the point seems to be "consciousness," and if they want to talk about that, I'll pay attention, but like others, do not appreciate the attempt of religious lawmakers to overlay law with their own religious beliefs.

• Love 24
4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Plus, he is enjoying the spotlight.. He glows when he is talking on these talk shows... He is an egotist.. 

He's giving the Mooch a real run for his money.

• Love 12

I'm an atheist with an interest and education on religions (and some past experience), so various (sometimes peculiar) beliefs are always interesting.  I'm happier knowing where people stand as far as their religions...even on "The View." 

Agreed, @Former Nun. I should clarify: when it comes to reproductive rights, one's religion should not sway the rule of law or be presented as a position in which to influence written law.

I, too, am interested in hearing about people's religious and cultural backgrounds. I did not mean to imply otherwise!

• Love 5

I thought it was odd that they didn't have the guest talk about her book, it was almost rude.  She tried to mention it in the context of one of her answers, but they certainly could have allowed her a few minutes to talk about the premise.

Yeah, Whoopi was way more impatient with her than she ever is with Elsa.  

• Love 9

You guys!!! When Amanda came walking out, I thought she was Jedi!!??

And she came off as one who is a sane Republican, but she SHORE AS HEALL pivoted and didn’t answer Sunny’s question to her-does she think 45 cares about Black people? She hemmed and hawed and said how people in the administration care. THAT WASNT WHAT SUNNY ASKED YOU!! But I’m glad Whoopi shut her down. They should have thrown in her face that it was Obama, and how the market tanked the night of November 2016, before it went back up, and other FACTS.

• Love 14