Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 5/7/18

Jaded
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Haleth said:
3 hours ago, WarnerCL45 said:

Yes, I don't know why this is even a topic.  I think the idea was to wear the clothing of the era.  

With life vests?

Poor taste, for sure, but there are bigger things to be offended by.

• Love 6
(edited)
11 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Wow. I was going to respond, but @GiveMeSpace, @ChicagoCita and @Former Nun said it so much better, eloquently and more clear.

I was Pro-Life halfway through high school; then I did some research on a composition, and became pro-choice. First year of college? I had to do an oral speech and wanted to do one about pro-choice, but another classmate had chosen it.  So I bit the bullet and did on on pro-life.  I was so convincing, a few of my classmates, guys included, asked if that was how I really felt. I told them no, that I wanted to do one about pro-choice. I didn't feel shamed into admitting that. I was astounded how convincing I was about how "I" felt about it. I wanted to be convincing, because it was supposed to be a persuasive speech. I much preferred the silent speech where I had to show my 'mates the steps I took to make an Indian dish--the tears from chopping onions, to tasting it and realizing I put too much green chilies, and guzzling down water. I don't mind admitting I got a standing ovation for that.

As for Whoopi and what she said? Again, I didn't have a problem with that. She was saying that those that don't want it or believe in it, that's fine. And it is something that is personal between the woman/girl and her doctor. It's not an easy decision to make.

You say that "it's not an easy decision to make".  Whoopi basically said the same thing about having an abortion and that it is a very difficult decision to make between the woman and her doctor. Even Sunny who is personally pro life, doesn't have a problem with other people having an abortion. To me, these views make absolutely no sense.  If there is nothing wrong with having an abortion, why would it be a difficult decision to make? And in Sunny's case, how can you be pro life, but be fine with terminating a pregnancy and ending the life of an unborn child. Both Whoopi and Sunny make no sense to me.

Edited by Ohboy

If there is nothing wrong with having an abortion, why would it be a difficult decision to make? And in Sunny's case, how can you be pro life, but be fine with terminating a pregnancy and ending the life of an unborn child. Both Whoopi and Sunny make no sense to me.

Edited 47 minutes ago by Ohboy.

Imma just throw this out there-you don't have a uterus, do you?

• Love 21

I think it's very interesting that "The View" is trying to endear us to Miss Meggie.  I enjoyed the teacher & his accomplishment, but he didn't say anything about what a tremendous student she was.  (I hope the brainless little twit is gone soon!!)

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Ohboy said:

If there is nothing wrong with having an abortion, why would it be a difficult decision to make?

Custom? Religious upbringing? Brainwashing? Judgmental families and friends? Society in general? Legislators?  All the "anti" demonstrations...including assaults and actual murders?  Not truly researching/considering the procedure before it became a necessity?  If it were considered a simple medical matter between a woman and her doctor, things would be easier.  Nobody's business.  We could change things so it's not such "a difficult decision."

• Love 22
3 hours ago, Ohboy said:

And in Sunny's case, how can you be pro life, but be fine with terminating a pregnancy and ending the life of an unborn child.

Sunny is definitely not fine with terminating any pregnancy; she has made her position known several times--but she understands the law AND she understands other women's bodies are not her business.  She has evolved* into that state of mind.

*or devolved, depending on one's opinion.

• Love 18
10 hours ago, Former Nun said:

I thought the pictures were darling and showed what a tiny thing Meghan was...looking just like her mother.

Hmm...only if Mom went to the same rhino surgeon as Meghan...(I need a referral STAT!) 

• Love 2

Regarding Whoopi's comments about abortion being a difficult decision .... there is nothing "wrong" with changing jobs, but it can be a difficult decision. There is nothing wrong with moving to a different state, but it can be a difficult decision.  These are all examples of personal decisions that  law should not dictate. imo

I was glad that WHoopi helped the blind teacher to the chair. sheesh, MM

• Love 19
7 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

I do see a concerted effort to make Meghan "loveable." Her teacher, her mother, her father, her "bastard uncle" Lindsay Graham, someone else who surprised her - an older lady - can't remember who. We've seen maybe one special visitor/visit for each of the other hosts.

Hey, showrunners, here's how to make Meghan palatable:

• Teach her to stop taking everything personally. Not every slam against a Republican is against Meghan personally.
  • Voice lessons. 'Nuff said.
  • Teach her to debate. Her rattling statistics off blue cards isn't a convincing way to argue. We have Google if we want that.
  • Teach her respect for others. I am still beyond appalled at the way she verbally attacked, disrespected, and then turned her back away from Dick Durbin.
  • Don't make her be "the Republican." Let us get to know the other aspects of her life. Even if she tries to tell you all she is about is being a Republican.
  • Have her do the entertainment spots. Maybe let her be the person who does the horrendous "View Your Deal" spots.
  • Please help her feel comfortable with her appearance. Don't Spanx her so tight she can't breath. She's a pretty woman, no matter what her weight is. Let her be confident in whatever weight she is.
  • Anger management. If someone disagrees with her, she needs to learn from Joy. "So what, who cares."

But none of this will change who she is.  She just doesn't seem like a nice person.  There are plenty of people in the public eye who appear as sweet as pie and behind the scenes are rotten to the core.  At least with Meghan you see her for who she is.

8 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I think it's very interesting that "The View" is trying to endear us to Miss Meggie.  I enjoyed the teacher & his accomplishment, but he didn't say anything about what a tremendous student she was.  (I hope the brainless little twit is gone soon!!)

I think Meghan herself said she was a terrible student.

• Love 9
17 hours ago, boochay8888 said:

My two cents on Adele and the Titanic party.  I honestly don’t think she thought “let’s take a horrible tragedy and base a party on it.”  I think she was using the movie as her theme.  And while it’s based on an historical fact, the movie is in fact fiction. 

was it a titanic movie party? i am obsessed with the story (history not movie) of the titanic, the ship, passengers, it's grave. so i was a little torn on this. but the lifejackets? no no no. very bad taste. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

But none of this will change who she is.  She just doesn't seem like a nice person.  There are plenty of people in the public eye who appear as sweet as pie and behind the scenes are rotten to the core.  At least with Meghan you see her for who she is.

I think Meghan herself said she was a terrible student.

I agree with you both, Blondieco332 and ChicagoCita, AND will add that you can't change Meh-ghan's lack of: general smarts, current events (except a few reality tv shows), common knowledge of history or POLITICS, and correct use of vocabulary.  The View is just not her rodeo. 

No silk purse here.  Move her back to Fox and let them cover for her dumb gaffes.  

• Love 11

Whoopi giving it back to Meghan like she deserves--I'm lovin' it. Her rage at having her simplifications ("FUNDING TERRORISM!!!") contradicted by Sunny was hilarious. She's the most nasty to Joy, but she seems the most threatened by Sunny. I guess because Sunny is everything she isn't. Intelligent, educated, professional, well-spoken, etc etc.

• Love 23
(edited)

Oh, DAMN!!! Meghan is in fine form! Can't wait to see how she reacts to Childish Gambino's "This is America" video.

Huh! She actually contributed to the conversation. Oh, never mind. You don't have to separate the politics from the art, Meghan. Wait, didn't she major in art history or something?

Edited by rollacoaster
  • Love 7

I hope that they have EMTs standing by because today may be the day Meggie has a stroke.  Calm the hell down!  Now she's arguing about art.  On second thought, I don't care if EMTs are standing by.

• Love 14

MM has a very myopic way of thinking.  When they were talking about Donald Glover's new video, she goes to Whoopi "oh well, I don't know anything about art" with this attitude.  Alternatively, she believes she and SHE alone is the only one on the panel "qualified" to talk politics.  

What happened to being a well rounded individual?  Just because you are an expert (or in her case NOT) doesn't mean you can't be knowledgeable about other things.  She's really starting to drive me up a wall.  

• Love 13
(edited)

Of course Meghan doesn't think Trump has a grudge against President Obama.  She hates him as much as Trump does.

And correct me if I'm wrong but isn't "the money we sent to Iran" their money?

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 20
(edited)

Whoopie, if people went into neighborhoods to teach how to cook food in a more healthful way, you'd be the first to complain about the invasion of privacy or the implied criticism of the residents of those neighborhoods.  Plus, you complain incessantly about taxes but want all kinds of services to be available.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 20
(edited)
21 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

And correct me if I'm wrong but isn't "the money we sent to Iran" their money?

Yes it was.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 14
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Jewlmc said:

Why.....WHY do all the guests have to kiss Elsa's ass??

I love Jake Tapper so much but I HATE that he had to mention how long he's known Meghan. This is why she acts like such a spoiled bitch. 

As an aside, Tapper is so good looking.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 15
1 minute ago, Apprentice79 said:

.I am disappointed that the ladies, namely Joy and Sunny did not correct her lies.

That disappointed me as well.  And Meghan mentioned a cargo plane.  If she was referring to the footage of a cargo plane being unloaded that footage was not of Iran receiving their money back.

• Love 8

I'm sure Meghan is torn when someone like Jake Tapper from the so-called "Fake News" CNN defends her dad, as Tapper did during this segment. It must suck having to constantly tow the party line when someone from a so-called leftist news station is actually on your side.

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

That disappointed me as well.  And Meghan mentioned a cargo plane.  If she was referring to the footage of a cargo plane being unloaded that footage was not of Iran receiving their money back.

The right always controls the narrative. The left never learns. Their incompetence boggles my mind..

• Love 14
1 minute ago, Medicine Crow said:

Is there such a thing as too much Jake Tapper?  If so, I think I'm an addict!!!

Meeee too! He's one of my favorite anchors. He holds everyone's feet to the fire. Plus, he's super easy on the eyes.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I also wish that the ladies pushed back on a falsehood espoused by Megan today. The money that Obama gave to Iran was money that we owed them.  It was their money that we gave back.  It was not ours...I am disappointed that the ladies, namely Joy and Sunny did not correct her lies.

Well, there were so many lies. And she did scream over top of Sunny. I think they've learned to ignore her and continue what they're saying. Her screaming is an attempt to throw them off mid-point.

• Love 16
15 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Well, there were so many lies. And she did scream over top of Sunny. I think they've learned to ignore her and continue what they're saying. Her screaming is an attempt to throw them off mid-point.

Yes, and that makes me think they know or suspect her days are numbered.  I always allow for wishful thinking but this time I believe the entire cast and crew are exhausted by her presence.  As many have said, when she goes home for her dad, that will be it for her.  She will say she decided not to come back.   

• Love 19
1 minute ago, Wings said:

Yes, and that makes me think they know or suspect her days are numbered.  I always allow for wishful thinking but this time I believe the entire cast and crew are exhausted by her presence.  As many have said, when she goes home for her dad, that will be it for her.  She will say she decided not to come back.   

From your fingertips to the eyes of TPTB!!!!

• Love 11
(edited)

I tried watching today's episode and just make it stop.  Meghan is insufferable and she's ruining the show.  You can see that the rest of the table is just over her. And how is Meghan not embarrassed to screech her way through show every week? She revels in how spoiled and difficult she is.

It would be one thing if she were clever or showing improvement but she's not and she's just reading those cards for several minutes at a time.  I fast forward through her now and watch when someone else starts speaking.  I can't take that high-pitched voice screaming anymore.  

Edited by LakeGeorg
  • Love 18
(edited)

Also, Meghan missed the point of "This is America" if she doesn't want to focus on the politics.  Even though she can see what's happening in the background (the politics), she's not actually paying attention if she only wants to focus on the art (the dancing). If Donald Glover stops dancing (Childish Gambino, Atlanta) and just talks about politics, will Meghan bother listening?

Edited by LakeGeorg
  • Love 8
(edited)

Why can't they have longer segments? It's sweeps, give us more time for them to discuss things!

I wish the ladies would push back on some of the misinformation regarding the Iran deal. You can say, "Well Trump doesn't have a better options, so what's the point?" But that doesn't mean anything if you don't explain how wrong she is. The most troubling info about pulling out, and what I wished someone mentioned at the table, is that Iran promised that they'd go all in with the nuclear program if the US pulled out. They should have discussed this, or at least had more time to discuss this. I'm glad Sunny mentioned that Iran was following the rules, because that's what everyone has been saying. Pulling out just hurts your allies more than anything.

I know I'm alone in wanting Meghan to stay (only because I don't want another revolving door of Conservatives at the table and I want her to get better), but someone really needs to sit her down and tell her to listen and engage instead of just spouting 'facts' like they're the truth. Sara agreed with her and Meghan just said, "Whoopi and I were discussing something different." That shouldn't be acceptable and it shows poor sportsmanship. (teamwork? I don't know what else to call the group dynamic, but doing this hurts them)

Meghan did act huffy with Sunny and Whoopi, but the Sara part is what troubled me the most. Sunny and Whoopi will disagree with her and Meghan getting frustrated and angry is simply the norm right now, but attacking or being snide towards someone who agrees with you shows that you're choosing not to listen at all. Please look up from your notes and actively engage in the conversation.

Oh and I did find it funny that Sara and Meghan said they were uncomfortable with the music video. Sara expanded on this, but Meghan just wanted to talk about the art without focusing on the social commentary about it.

Edit: I was snooping on twitter and there are people who are saying that Meghan is making them miss Elisabeth. That kind of made me laugh.

Edited by CheezyXpressed
  • Love 13
(edited)
29 minutes ago, LakeGeorg said:

I tried watching today's episode and just make it stop.  Meghan is insufferable and she's ruining the show.  You can see that the rest of the table is just over her. And how is Meghan not embarrassed to screech her way through show every week? She revels in how spoiled and difficult she is.

It would be one thing if she were clever or showing improvement but she's not and she's just reading those cards for several minutes at a time.  I fast forward through her now and watch when someone else starts speaking.  I can't take that high-pitched voice screaming anymore.  

She sees herself as being tough, not spoiled or difficult.  Her aggression, yelling and interrupting is her way of showing she is the biggest hawk on TV.   When criticized she chalks it up to democrats.   She does not see that she needs to "improve" or change anything.  She loves being this way. 

8 minutes ago, junebug said:

I think maybe Meghan is looking at the audience.  Whatever or whoever it is, it is so annoying to me.

She is looking at the producer. 

ETA.  Welcome! 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 10
23 minutes ago, LakeGeorg said:

Exactly!  ... and WELCOME to another snarker!!!

• Love 8